Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Does It Snow on the Coastline?

Post by Aradia Megido on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:32 pm

Time: 4:30 PM
    Date: December 1st, 2014

Her illness started on a snowy day, and it ended on a snowy day; it evolved from light blotches of skin like Gamzee's makeup to pitch black curses and finally burst into scaly patches that peeled off.

It was funny to think they were a distant memory from now on.

In all honesty, there wasn't much forewarning, but on the northern shores of the Apache Coastline, the Hive's lights were on again. Of course, amber light emanated from the unusual building, more so a fortification that fell into disuse, but now there actually seemed to be a breath of life within it, no matter how little. It had been a long time since the Hive's defenses had been used, ineffectively at most, and now they had been coated lightly with snow and frost, concealing dust.

At the corner of the Hive was a window of the sixth wing. Peeking behind it was an ashen girl of diminutive stature whose smile was bright yet delicate. Over a purple turtleneck dress, Aradia Megido dressed herself in blue boots, a black trench coat with silver buttons, gray gloves, and a red muffler scarf. She supposed it was okay to borrow some old clothes left behind by the other residents, maybe for Nepeta (oh, if only she had stayed, if only they had all stayed). A pang of guilt dwelled in her heart as she remembered the sight of those very clothes neatly packed in cardboard boxes and covered with dust. It was a shame they hadn't been used in so long, but they were nice and simple, unlike everything else in this world. Thankfully, it wasn't anything worth cursing over.

Today she decided to take the stairs. When she was more cheerful, the ram troll had glided down the bannisters or taken the transportalizer. Now, she walked down each step meticulously but not glumly -- in fact she was chuckling lowly -- as if remembering a badly scrawled warning on her crosbyTop. Once the young girl arrived at the second floor, she rushed to the right wing and knocked on the door to the room that belonged to none other than Eridan Ampora himself.
    Eridan Ampora
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 20

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

Re: Does It Snow on the Coastline?

Post by Eridan Ampora on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Hearing a knocking, Eridan turned around. Who the hell was that? Alright, that was a really stupid question when there was only one person it could possibly be. When Aradia along with others on the Breach had gone missing, he feared the worst and worried for her; however, she returned, which soothed his worries anyway. The fish troll had spent the time not just fretting around unproductively, but had made multiple attempts to fix the Aradiabots that existed in the hive. He was doing it now, as a matter of fact. This was the first one, and he'd been trying to do this for months.

"come in wwhats up" It was good to see her acting so chipper after she'd fallen ill. The fish troll waited for the door to open, then stood up and walked to the other side of the room. "ivve NEVVER wwished for fuckin eq in my life can he come back to fix this shit an then go awway again" He grumbled, annoyed with how difficult robotics were. Equius was good with robotics, and if he could get Equius to help, he would gladly let the muscly asshole do all the heavy lifting and dirty work for him.

Folding his arms, he looked at Aradia. "good to see you as usual i guess" Same could be said for him, right? Right~?
    Aradia Megido
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 32

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Aradia Megido on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:10 pm

For a brief moment, Aradia Megido simply stared at Eridan, blinking before turning to look at the Aradiabot on the floor, the one he was trying to repair. Then, slowly sucking in a breath, she laughed in amusement; the sound was jarring yet light-hearted, boisterous yet not abrasive. Although she was different from the girl she was before the kidnapping incident, the curly horned troll decided it wise to act just like she was before. Besides, she wasn't totally different. However, the lack of time she spent with the mertroll became somewhat of a pressing matter since Aradia had fallen ill and had to tend to herself alone in silent agony so he wouldn't catch the disease either.

Apparently, it was viral and highly contagious until she literally molted all of her skin off. And the early days were simply the worst, but for now, she was feeling better than ever. Therefore, technically, the Alternian girl's joy was as authentic as American apple pie. After having a good old laugh, she skipped in merrily, gracefully avoiding her fallen alternative timeline self's remains. "y0u kn0w eri this 0ne was already far t00 g0ne she had crashed thr0ugh the medium in my future bef0re s0meh0w ending up at the fr0g temple i escavated al0ngside all my stuff and this weird puppet" Hoping to gently cut off his futile attempts to fix the poor robot corpse, Aradia placed a hand on his shoulder. "but y0u can let me kn0w if y0u need help" she said, knowing full well that due to his pride he wouldn't ask anyone but Equius to help him out unless if he truly really was desperate for it.

And there's his trademark tongue-in-cheek arm crossing. Some things never change; centuries may change but an (endearingly) insufferable fish stick never did. "g00d t0 see y0u t00 i actually was g0ing 0ut did y0u want t0 j0in me" Maybe she could go and visit the Inn or something. She didn't know what exactly she was going to do, though maybe shopping for food was a good idea. Whatever she was going to do, however, the ram troll knew would be better done by two people rather than just one.
    Eridan Ampora
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

Post by Eridan Ampora on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Aradia's laugh came as a surprise to Eridan, who raised his eyebrows and looked at her, his annoyed scowl at the robot gradually shifting more into his ordinary frown. She was definitely too chipper. Had someone died and was she enjoying the prospect of someone's untimely murder? Eridan looked at her and then back at the robot. Really, he hated relying on people like Equius unless he absolutely had no other choice, so the fact that he'd even asked for Equius at all was a sign that this one must be pretty badly smashed up.

He listened to her as she spoke to him, her cheerful voice dissipating his annoyed, miserable mood. It was worth it to keep going, especially if she was properly going to be around to give him a hand now. The fish troll let his arms drop to his sides and sighed. "the truth is i dont knoww shit about howw to build robots" He followed up with. He'd tried to learn shit, though! In the corner you would see a "Robotics for Dummies" book that he'd tossed over there after it had made absolutely no sense to him, and he wouldn't deny it.

"wwhatre you on about i can do this i bet i could evven fix this one wwith enough time an effort" Eridan replied, his pride taking over, as predicted. "i just asked for eq because itd just get it over an done wwith an id rather not actually havve him i wwasnt serious because fuck eq" The mertroll turned back to the robot and squinted down at it, looking at the part he'd been trying to do. He really, really, really sucked and it was plain as day to see as long as you... well, could see. Shit outta luck there, Sollux. Eridan looked up again when Aradia said she was going out. "wwere goin out in the day again the nights so much better" He complained, grabbing and putting on his cape and walking towards her. "ill come though i guess i dont wwant to look at this fuckin robot anymore"

Your move.
    Aradia Megido
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 32

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Aradia Megido on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:05 pm

Eridan Ampora was a naive little fish boy. It only made more laughter erupt from the young girl because it was just obvious: He. Didn't. Get. It. That little fishy in the sea obviously didn't know that she was laughing at his attempts to repair something far too gone. Now that she thought of it, wasn't a robot that was half shrapnel already far too gone? The fact that the said goner was an alternative universe version of herself wasn't the most cheerful matter, but it was rather nice the mertroll was expanding his interests, even if it was in the completely wrong direction.

One of the things that Aradia liked the most about Eridan was how good a listener he was when his mouth was shut. Any other time, was just -- Nope. Still, she thought that it would be dumb to leave him alone. "well duh im n0t g00d at it either but maybe 0ur chances will impr0ve if we w0rk t0gether -- just n0t t0day" After all, there always was the ever-so-threatening chance of their chances going even farther down the metaphorical toilet bowl, enough so that even the most useful Robotics for Dummies could not save them.

"keep telling y0urself that maybe if y0u c0ncentrate hard en0ugh y0u might be able t0 c0nvince y0urself int0 believing in magic" Okay, maybe that was a harsh joke. It was still true though! "equius is a nice guy he just has the head 0f a h0rse" And so, the archaeologist in training had crafted herself a brand new, totally undecipherable figure of speech just so she didn't say anything unwittingly offensive about a dear moirail of one of her closest friends. "but anyway g00d luck with that y0ull need it" Carefully, she squinted at the futile attempt to repair the poor Aradiabot. She patted the sad automation's head gently before suggesting, "y0u might be able t0 w0rk better after 0ur little 0uting" In fact, she knew exactly what to do -- No, that was kind of a lie. At first, she thought of going shopping but then she was wondering if they could do anything other than going for groceries, as important a duty it was.

Perhaps, he could come up with something to do.
    Eridan Ampora
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

Post by Eridan Ampora on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:45 pm

Not getting it, Eridan had been completely and utterly failing. He wasn't about to stop, either; he would continue to try to put together this robot. In the end, it'd be such a damn good robot that Shinji would hop in without a doubt. That's how good the robot was going to be. Of course, Eridan didn't have much of an idea regarding how the robot was built, how it functioned, whether he was even on the right path, etc., and there was just no winning with robots when you were a troll that wasn't a giant sweaty wanker.

Wait, so she was willing to work with him... Eridan was about to launch into one of his tirades regarding what and what not to do due to the dummy book he'd been reading when he processed the "not today" part of the sentence. Booooriiiing. Ah, well, it couldn't be helped. Half-heartedly listening like a true asshole, Eridan glanced over the contents of the robot. Psssh, half-shrapnel? It wasn't beyond saving, it just meant more new parts and more time spent repairing! He wanted to get it done.

"ara thats fake shit an you knoww it i bet they have their tricks here" Eridan responded, not taking the bait and yet managing to come off as an even bigger idiot. Oh well, at least he could pick fault with what she said afterward. "wwhat the fuck does that evven mean" He questioned coolly, shooting her a flat look. A horse's head? "also hes not a nice guy hes an asshole howw can you like him he wwas so fuckin hooked on the hemospectrum an youre at the BOTTOM a that shit" He'd have hated your colour, surely!

"alright so wwhatre wwe actually doin"

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:00 pm