Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: I Could Have Crashed ANYWHERE else!

Post by Fear on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:11 am

Hiding underneath the bed? Ah, a classic in such horrible tales...

Up the stairs did something frightening creak, its soft groans of ancient bone and weary sighs of ragged muscle traveling down these macabre halls. These halls that had once housed a child's innocent laughter, a lover's tender whisper, even a baby's tearful cry. Hush, now... Do you hear the reaper's heavy chains? Do you hear the grave lovingly beckon for your immoral soul? He came for them just as he comes for you. Hush, now... For your time on this miserable world will soon come to its tragic end.

At the front of the door were two sickly-green feet, toenails lengthened by age and yellowed by rot. They were large, larger than any normal man's, and it was here beneath the elderly couple's doorway that the grotesque pair decided to stop. A chill entered the room, as wicked as the Devil's breath and as cold and bitter as the beating of his leathery wings. An unnatural mist lay everywhere. Ssss... Listen as the serpent calls to its prey, its sickening voice a tickle in both awaiting ear and mind. Where are you, oh trespasser of mine? Where will you go where I cannot follow? Where will you hide where I cannot see? Were you in the babies' room, thinking to save two innocent souls? Ah, perish the thought... They had already been delivered unto righteousness. Perhaps you were in the elders' room, wishing to try your luck there? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

Seconds masqueraded as agonizing minutes, the room's frigidity plummeting to unbearable temperatures. It was with any luck, then, that the hissing entity decided to leave its post.

Thump, thump, thump...

Quiet, quiet...

It was moving away.

Chains rattled softly into the distance before fading entirely, the nauseating sensation of malaise and dread gradually easing. Whatever that had been, man or demon, it carried with it the unmistakable presence of evil. Tread carefully, Spenst. There was still quite a bit to go before the sun's gentle rays dipped beneath the sleepy horizon. Can you make it?
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:57 am

It was then that Spenst could make out the eerie, ominous rattling of chains. He remembered the corpse that had disappeared from downstairs, recalling that it had an assortment of chains hanging from its body. Had his fears been confirmed? Was the corpse never truly dead at all? The Ectonurite gasped at the revelation. Could this walking corpse have been responsible for the deaths here?! His suspicions were partially confirmed when he saw a pair of two sickly green feet standing in the doorway. They looked exactly like the feet that belonged to the corpse from earlier. That was one question answered. What remained to be seen, though, was whether or not it was responsible for the deaths of the babies and the couple lying above him.

The alien specter couldn't help but shiver as the walking corpse before him let out a frightening hiss. Had he been discovered? Please don't let it be so! His claws dug into the floor as seconds rolled into minutes, the tentacles in his chest cavity retracting and wriggling about uncomfortably under his jacket. Why was it just standing there? After several agonizing minutes went by, though, it finally decided to leave. Spenst let out a sigh of relief as the rattling of chains faded away. Just what was he supposed to do now, though? Did he want to risk exploring further with that thing patrolling the farm, or would it be safer to just stay under this bed? Decisions, decisions...
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Could it be responsible for what happened here? Perhaps, perhaps... Though it can be argued that it was more important to worry about surviving than it was to figure out this chilling mass homicide. Fortunately for our brave Ectonurite, whatever it was that patrolled this doomed house had shambled off to brighter pastures. But if the alien thought he was alone...

There came a sudden noise from his immediate right; fabric ruffling and tiny hands gripping carpet. It came from none other than a small child, no older than the innocent age of six and her braided hair as blonde as a strand of golden straw. Brown eyes fixated upon the ghost-creature with curious delight, the little girl somehow able to see through his invisibility. How did she get there without being detected...? A small finger pressed against her pale lips. "Shh... Are you hiding too?" did the girl quietly whisper. Fright was clearly defined upon her youthful features, along with a pallid complexion that could only be likened to that of a white sheet. Dark circles lay beneath her eyes, wide and glistening. "D-Don't make so much noise," she continued. Again she looked around, tiny ears straining. "The monster is roaming around, looking for you... You gotta play the game or else you'll never be allowed to leave." As a child, she didn't feel it necessary to explain.

"My n-name is Luanne... What's yours? You have one, right?" What was going on here...
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:29 am

Spenst found himself flinching as the lower sheets of the bed lifted. He was ready to fight whatever had found him, but stopped himself at the last second. The alien was now face to face with what appeared to be a young human child. He was confused at the little girl's ability to see through his invisibility, but for the time being, he didn't question it. The Ectonurite had opened his mouth to speak to her, but was interrupted.

"Are you hiding too?" she asked. "Don't make so much noise."

It was then that the child brought up a monster and a game. It was obvious who the monster was, but what was this "game" that she was talking about. The alien specter needed to know, because according to her, he would never be able to leave unless he played.

"My name is Spenst." he whispered. "Now, tell me child. Just what kind of game are you talking about?"
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Invisibility meant nothing to the dearly departed. Wasn't that taught in Ectonurite school?

"Spenst..." The child thought about it for a moment, her little nose crinkling. "Is that, like... a city-slicker way of saying Spencer?" she asked. Either way, the girl thought it was silly; her opinion was also of little importance. When the boy asked to know more about the "game", Luanne's eyes grew wide. "You... you don't know...?" How the heck had he managed to avoid being caught for so long? Tiny fingers gripped the carpet, dread clearly visible on the girl's face. She looked around left and then right, pale ears straining to hear those rattling chains. "O-Okay," the child whispered, returning her eyes to lock with Spenst's. "I'll... I'll tell you... It's a game of hide-and-seek, and the monster always seeks." For a moment her timid gaze looked upward, Luanne wondering if she should... "Gran'ma and Gran'pa didn't manage to hide very well, neither did my little sisters," she continued, voice hardly above a shaky breath. "T-The monster got them, and..."

Was there really a point in finishing the sentence? Luanne couldn't cry, she didn't remember how, but the deaths of her family members were fresh in her mind - even if she didn't realize that they were, indeed, gone. "Listen... the only way to beat the game is to hide and never be seen. It's how I've managed to scurry about the house." And it's all Luanne had ever known, from sunrise to sundown, day after day, week after week, month after...

"I can... I can take you to my special hiding spot, if you'd like," she offered, hopeful. "It's a special place, and the monster can't find me there. Would you like to see it?"
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:18 am

"Oh, so these were your grandparents?" Spenst asked, motioning to the bed above him. "And those were your sisters in the crib? I.. I'm sorry..."

The Ectonurite really wished that he could come up with more to say on the situation, but it was nigh impossible. There were simply no words. He was truly speechless. The little girl before him had offered to take him to a special hiding place where they wouldn't be found. Though hesitant at first, the alien specter eventually gave a small nod.

"I'd very much like to be taken to this hiding place of yours," he said.

It was in that moment, though, that a terrible realization hit him. If he fell into the blue portal and ended up here... Oh no... No no NO!

"But before we go, I must ask... Did someone else get trapped in here?" the alien asked worriedly. "She's kind of a mummy, goes by Olabisi or Ola."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:07 pm

I.. I'm sorry..."

Luanne swallowed, quietly nodding. "It's... It's alright," she whispered softly. "They're... They're all in a better place now, away from the monster and this... and this nightmare." She couldn't cry. God, why couldn't she cry? Soft thumping came from downstairs and the pale little girl tensed. "Okay, we gotta reach my hiding spot. This way!" As she gingerly crawled out from beneath her grandparents' bed and glanced around, eyes wide, Spenst inquired if she had seen a girl by the name of... "Ola?" An... odd name, but can't say that Luanne heard of it. A white hand frantically urged for Spenst to follow, tiny feet tiptoeing out of the bedroom and into the dark, silent upstairs hallway.

Nothing greeted them, save for darkness. And that, thought Luanne, was almost as bad as discovering the monster. Again she urged for the Ectonurite to follow, her footsteps growing more bold by the second. Gotta avoid this floorboard and then that one and then - creeeEEEAAAK!

Oh no, she had - !

CRASH!

At once there was a commotion downstairs, chains jingling as something raced for their location. It was coming, it was coming! Thinking light on her feet, Luanne grabbed Spensts' hand and tugged him into her room. Fear consumed her thoughts, fear drove her to run. She immediately made way for a tiny stool in the far corner and hopped up, pointing to a disheveled air vent. This way! Luanne wished to shout. Little hands gingerly popped the rusty plating off and in she crawled, the girl hastily sealing the entrance and not a moment too soon.

...Thump, thump, thump!

A figure, freakishly tall and cloaked in shadow, thundered down the upstairs hallway and. It darted past their vision with a bloodcurdling hiss. There was little of it that could be seen in so quick a blur, yet only a fool wouldn't recognize those rotten, yellow talons. Luanne covered her mouth and backed away, terrified.

That had been far too close for comfort, and now something would be roaming these parts until it had them in its foul clutches...
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Spenst's heart sank at the questioning tone in which Luanne said Ola's name. This clearly meant that she had never heard her name before. At the same time, though, this was somewhat of a good thing. This would mean that Ola did not end up here after falling into the portal. The Ectonurite hated to think of what might have happened to her if she did. No, he did not want to think about it. The very idea made him sick to his stomach.

The alien specter came out from under the bed as the human child made her way out of the room. As he got to the doorway, a sudden noise made him flinch. Luanne had stepped on a noisy floorboard! The creak of the floorboard was followed by a loud crash coming from downstairs. In the midst of the commotion, Spenst could hear chains rattling. The monster was coming for them! The child motioned for him to follow her into a nearby air vent, and he didn't hesitate to do so in the slightest. That... was much too close for comfort.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:58 pm

Much too close for comfort. For several tense moments Luanne uttered not a word, her wide, frightened eyes plastered on the vent grating. Neither of them could see very much, but that was fine. Neither could the monster. It was only after twenty seconds passed that the girl finally discovered enough courage to whisper. "D... Did you say mummy?" she asked meekly. That's what Spenst had said, wasn't it? Thinking, the pale girl shuffled further away from the vent and gestured for the Ectonurite to follow close behind. "Y-Yeah, there was a mummy girl... once." Didn't catch her name, though. "She had come around I think... I think twice? I'm not very sure..." Time was different ever since Luanne had finished her game at the sink.

...thump, thump, thump.

Tiny feet and hands quietly felt around metal, Luanne slowly navigating her way through the darkness. Clumps of dust saturated the musty air and further made it difficult to breathe, though she was strangely unaffected. "This way, Spenst," she urged. Eventually the pair reached a steep drop down, no doubt to the first story, and Luanne began her careful descent. "It's scary, I know. But it's not a long ways down," the little girl reassured.

She slipped into the shadowy pit and was gone, metal rings softly lessening with every echo.
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Despite the situation Spenst was currently in, he couldn't help but grin from ear to ear when Luanne confirmed that she had seen Ola.

"So you have seen her!" he exclaimed as softly as he could manage, given his excitement. To think that he thought that she hadn't seen her! So there was hope after all? Wherever this place was, his friend was out there somewhere. He just needed to get out of this hellhole so he could go looking for her.

Eventually the child led the Ectonurite to a steep drop down. Seeing as they were on the second story of the house, it was probably safe to assume that it led to the ground floor. No need to worry, Luanne. Spenst has seen much scarier. Also, he cloud fly, so his descent downwards was about as smooth as it gets.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:15 pm

You know what they say about curiosity...

Pale fingers slipped in-between slivers of metal and - POP! - went the downstairs grating. "This way, this way!" whispered Luanne. She quietly shoved the heavy cover aside and gingerly crawled out, wide eyes peering into the awaiting darkness. There was, as before, nothing. Nothing, save for a thick coating of mist that now covered the floor and the unmistakeable aroma of rot and sickness. Her nose crinkled at the repulsive combination. "Okay... I t-think we're in the clear..." If the monster was currently upstairs and searching for them there, that would mean both she and Spenst were safe down here, right? ...Right? Luanne shook her head once and cleared her thoughts of doubt.

"It's not much farther now," she continued. "Once we're there, you'll be safe from the monster!" A white hand gestured for the Ectonurite to follow as the little girl darted off, blond tresses rounding a nearby corner. Well, Spenst? Don't get left behind!
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:10 am

Ah, so that's what Luanne was doing! She had removed the downstairs grating, and was now motioning for Spenst to follow her. Of course the Ectonurite didn't waste any time in doing so. Whatever the monster was, he didn't want anything to do with it.

"I don't see the monster anywhere..." he whispered back her. "I think we're alright."

Once more, the human child motioned for the alien specter to follow her. Apparently they weren't too far from her hiding spot now. Finally! Again, he made no hesitation in following her, and was actually pretty interested in where this little hiding spot was. For her to have dodged the monster for so long, it had to be extremely well-hidden, right?
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:36 pm

"I think we're alright."

Are you so sure?

As Spenst followed his mysterious guide, the poor alien trapped in this house of horrors, things began to happen. A mournful groan echoed throughout the farmstead and the earth lightly rocked; trinkets and furniture rattled, but nothing fell to the floor and shattered. Ooze, reddish-brown and viscous, seeped from its crown molding and the air fell into a bitter cold...

Not far from the Ectonurite stood a happy Luanne, the pale child bouncing up and down on her darling heels. "I did it!" she exclaimed. "I did it, I did it, I did it! Are you proud, Momma?"

...M-Momma?

From out of a shadowy corner emerged a pale woman; copious amounts of dried blood drenched over half of her face and head, a nasty purple bruise surrounding her left eye and cheek. Her features were softened by motherhood yet hardened by countless years of labour on the farm, eyes a piercing ice-blue as she gazed through the eerie gloom. They fastened themselves onto Spenst and the thin lines of her lips pulled into an ill smile. "That you did, baby girl. That you did... BEN! Ben, get on over here!" she suddenly hollered. "Our Luanne done caught us a friend! Bring that no good son of mine, Rick, too. This one's a spry fella!"

Heavy footsteps lumbered behind the Ectonurite, and before he could even think to spin around... CLAP! Two very heavy, adamant hands cemented themselves to his shoulders. Try as he might and try as he may, the alien could not phase and turn invisible! Should the alien bother to frantically glance at his surprise captor, Spenst would be greeted with the sight of not one, but two headless men.

The larger of the two, his muscles bulging and his rough hands calloused, was no doubt Ben; he must be the father. At his side was Rick. A stringy fellow, his shirt was stained with dried vomit. Both men were covered in their own blood and brain matter.

A wheezy grunt escaped Ben's exposed throat, fingers digging into Spenst's skin. "Hnngh..."

"What's that you say, Ben?" asked Ma.

Just as Luanne was about to pipe up and further make use of herself, a second boy came running into view. He was by far younger than Rick, though the way his head limped atop those shoulders... "Pa says that he's hungry!" said the lad. A tongue stuff itself out at Luanne. "And that Luanne is stupid and can't read!"

"You're a big fat liar, Johnny!"

But Ma would have none of it and the woman promptly pinched both of the children's ears. "Now y'all hush!" she demanded. "Both of you set the table and get things ready. Go on now, git!" The two siblings simultaneously groaned.

"Yes, Momma..."
    "Yes, Momma..."

With her rambunctious rugrats out of the way, Ma looked to Ben and Rick. "And you two," she continued, "take our guest and string 'em up. You know how Granddad gets about chewin'." C-Chewing...? Nothing else was further elaborated. Ben and Rick each wheezed a guttural noise of compliance and forced Spenst into an awaiting dining room.

Otherwise known as Luanne's hiding place.

It was as any dining room was expected to be. A long oak table rested in the middle and there were plenty of matching chairs all around. Ma had taken great lengths to ensure that her furniture was complete with rustic decorations; farm animals, roosters, scenic pictures of the country life and autumn... The silver dinnerware and cutlery that Johnny and Luanne were busy placing around the table could only be described as the perfect fit. In the center of it all was a large ceramic platter, where an eager Rick began laying out several thick cables of rope. "Alright, Ben. Set our friend down nice and slow," instructed Ma. "We can tenderize him later." And thus, without any warning, the Ectonurite found himself pinned down upon the table and promptly tied.

His wrists and waist were tightly bound by coarse tweed, the alien again unable to render himself intangible. It must be the thick mist that was collecting about the dining room floor... Something just wasn't natural about this place.

Thump... Thump... Thump...

Oh no, could it be the monster!?

"Grandpa!"
    "Grandma!"

Two additional figures limped into the dining room, although... "Hnngh..." A horrid smell permeated the chilly air and a pair of withered corpses sat into their respective chairs. It would seem that Grandpa and Grandma had woken up and finished watching their soaps. In their hands squirmed two equally rotten bodies, a pair of twin infants. Vacant eye sockets stared at Spenst in wonder, their undeveloped minds finding the alien as peculiar as he was shocking. No one else seemed bothered by the fact that four mummified bodies were capable of moving on their own, let alone possessing coherent thought.

"Kids, don't forget your manners. Hug your elders and then take Isiah and Gwyn from them." More groaning from the antagonistic duo, but Johnny and Luanne knew better than to suffer Ma's wrath.

The children held their younger siblings while Ben and Rick took their seats; Ma sat at the other end across from her husband.

"Hnngh..."
    "What's that, Ben?"
    "Pa says that - "
    "Pa says that we gotta say Grace before eating."

"Hnngh..."
    "What's that, Granddad?"
    "Granddad says that - "
    " - he don't want to say no Grace, because he's hungry."

"Hnngh..."
    "Hnngh..."

The children suddenly burst out with laughter, mischievous eyes darting between their father and a cantankerous Granddad. As with before, Ma would be having none of it at her dinner table. "Alright, now you done made me mad!" she snapped. Everyone grew quiet. "We ain't no heathen family, not saying Grace before dinner. So we's gonna say Grace and we're gonna say it like proper Christian folk. Johnny! You start it this time, boy." This was much to Luanne's delight and the little girl couldn't help but grin from ear-to-ear.

"Aw, but Ma!"
    "Boy, you say Grace or I'll have you over your father's knee."

"...Dear heavenly father, who art in Heaven... Thank you for this meal we are about to eat, and thank you for blessing us as a family." Stupid prayer...
    "That's nice, Johnny. What else?" Stupid Ma and her prayer...
    The boy glowered beneath his hands and further mumbled, "Thank you for not having us out on the street and for giving us this rich, bountiful earth. Thank you for keeping us together and thank you for giving us your only son so that we may repent for our sins. Amen. Oh, and I'd also like a shiny red firetruck for Christmas."
    "And I want a new dolly!"
    "What'd I say about asking the Lord for things you do not need!?"

Those kids were getting a whoopin' later, but not now. Granddad was getting antsy.

A resounding, "amen" or raspy equivalent, echoed throughout the table before everyone reached for their forks. "Alright, that was a lovely prayer, Johnny, thank you. Now, who here wants a bit of white meat?" Instantly several hands shot up, but Ma already knew who she wanted to have it. "Grandma, you get the white meat. You too, Granddad." More groans from the youthful and a severe glare from Ma reminded them of their respect for the elderly. "Alright, now who wants the - ?"

Thump, thump, thump...

Everyone, whether they had a head or not, turned to look behind the dining room and to the darkened stairwell. Something could be seen shambling down... The unmistakeable sound of metal striking against metal jingled through the air and soon everything lapsed into an eerie silence. "Oh, Mister Judge," said Ma. She looked around and was relieved to spot an empty seat at the dinner table. "So nice of you to finally come down and present yourself. Would you like to join us for dinner? Here, why don't you do the honours? We'd be more than happy to let you, won't we, children?"

"Yes, Ma..."
    "Yes, Ma..."

Thump, thump, thump...

An ominous shadow fell upon the table and its patrons, both Luanne and Johnny staring up at their guest with wide, curious eyes. There was an awful creak of bone as Ma's carving knife was gripped by a sickly-green hand.

"Sss... It would be my pleasssure," rasped an unnatural voice.

It all happened so fast.

A pair of glowing white eyes were the last things Spenst saw as the carving knife came slicing through the air, its sharpened tip piercing his breast and tearing through his heart. The pain was immense, beyond anything he had ever felt, and soon the rest of the family whooped in celebration. "Dig in, everyone!" Forks, knives, ghostly fingers and rotten nubs; they plunged into the Ectonurite's flesh and tore him asunder, alive. Every neuron was painfully aware, every nervous fiber still firing at the time they were viciously ripped. The family began with his arms and tail first, slowly moving their way to dine upon the succulent meat of his chest. Oh you poor, poor thing... If only you could wake up from this horrible dream...

It was dark. It was dark and incredibly quiet.

In the midst of the farmstead's living room lied Spenst, the Ectonurite's head groggy. His mind throbbed and ached, his vision blurry. What had... What had happened? He would never be entirely too sure.

Darkness enveloped him. A heavy mist blanketed the floor but that was all. No blood seeping from the ceiling and walls, no giggling children, no screams of the damned... Just the heavy smell of dust. Outside, past the hazy living room window, the sun had already set. How long had Spenst been in this house? How long had he been passed out on the floor? The alien may never know and he might not want to. He needed to leave. He needed to escape. Before anything else managed to happen, stranding him further.

Whatever the Ectonurite decided, it would not be unopposed. And should the alien float out in a hurry and never wish to return, terrified by this ordeal... he may feel a nauseating presence tickle the back of his fleeing neck.

And, perhaps, the ominous glow of two fading pinpricks...

The eyes of his tormentor.

((OOC Note: and this thread is now wrapped up! You can post one more time to finalize it. Thank you for being patient and I hope you had fun!))
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:00 pm

"Momma?" Spenst thought out loud. Was Luanne not the only member of her family left after all? Indeed, it would appear that she wasn't. A pale woman emerged from the shadows, addressing the human child as her daughter. "Hey, nice to meet you. Are you hiding t-"

Before the Ectonurite could finish that sentence, he found himself flinching briefly as two heavy hands grasped his shoulders. Ah, they must belong to Ben and Rick! He turned to introduce himself, but could only must a shocked gasp as he saw that the both of them were completely headless. The alien wasn't really scared, just confused. How were they even alive? Still, he did introduce himself. It was probably best to be polite and not ask too many questions.

"Hey, I'm Spenst. Nice to meet you. As you probably know already, Luanne brought me here. Are you all hiding from the monster?"

To his surprise, though, he got no response. Literally, nobody in the room even acknowledged that he had said anything. According to a young boy that had entered the room, the father was hungry. Johnny was his name. Apparently he served as a translator, and possibly Luanne's brother. The mother had directed the children to go set the dinner table, eliciting an annoyed groan from the both of them. Was he about to be a dinner guest? How nice! What the mother said next shook that pleasant notion from his head, through.

"String... String me up? Chewing?" he uttered, barely above a whisper. The alien specter didn't like where this was going, but try was he might, he couldn't get away! What happened to him? Why couldn't he phase out of the grasp of his captors?

Without further ado, the Ectonurite was led into the dining room. Well, more like forced into the dining room. Still, it was a perfect setup. In any other situation, Spenst would have loved to have been a guest here. When Rick started laying out rope, though, he started to wonder if he was more than just a guest. The mother confirmed his suspicions. Tenderize him? He wasn't just a guest, he was the main course! All the frightened alien could do was struggle, but it was completely hopeless. They tore off his jacket, set his hat aside, and tied him to the table.

Wait... What was that? Who else was coming? Grandma, grandpa? But weren't they dead?! On the contrary, despite their mummified forms, they were still very much alive. Not only that, but with them they brought the twin infants from earlier, who regarded him with bewildered expressions. Just like with the headless Ben and Rick, nobody seemed bothered by the fact that the grandparents and infants were basically living corpses. As the Johnny and Luanne took their younger siblings, everyone started going on about Grace. What was that? Oh, it was a prayer! Seriously, these nuts were going to pray over his body before going to town on him! And now they were all claiming  the parts of him that they wanted!

"No no no no... NO! PLEASE!" he started to beg. "Please, no! I probably taste terrible!"

Wait a minute... Now who else could possibly be coming?! The unmistakable sound of rattling chains filled the air. No way... It was the monster! This... This whole time... This was all a setup! The mother had offered for him to do the honors, and of course he accepted, his horrific voice sending chills down his spine. Before the alien could let out another plea for his release, the monster plunged the knife into his chest, silencing him. The pain was so intense, he couldn't even scream. Even as everyone as the table at him alive, all he could muster was the occasional groan. Tears rolled down his face as he could do nothing but watch as the bones to his tail were exposed. Next go was the meat on his arms, then his chest. They even made a go at his tentacles. Soon, his vision began to darken. He was going to die, finally! Or so he thought...

"WAGGHHH!!!" the Ectonurite gasped, almost as if drawing for air.

Hold the phone... Alive, he was alive! But was he still in one piece? Frantically, he tore off his jacket, tracing the black lines on his chest with a claw. They opened to reveal that every one of his tentacles were still intact. And a quick inspection of his tail showed that it was still in mint condition as well. Was that all just a dream? After putting his jacket back on, he took off his hat to rub at a sore spot on his head. That would make sense. He did crash pretty hard, and he probably ended up blacking out.

A quick peek at the windows would reveal that he was likely out for at least a few hours. It had gotten dark outside. Finally he could get out of here! Although the events that had transpired here had all just been a terrible nightmare, the alien still did not like this place. Putting his hat back on and grabbing his pitchfork, he promptly left, vowing never to return unless absolutely necessary.

((This tread can now be locked! I had a great time!))

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:35 am