Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Your Finest Refuse

Post by Zs'Skayr on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:16 am

10:24 (AM)
    NOVEMBER 18TH, YEAR 5

Such a strange contraption, cell phones. Able to talk, text, look things up in the internet and do pretty much anything a computer could do. Why, it could even lie for you. Zs'Skayr still possessed a man known only by the name D'Onofrio, using his bank account to his advantage and whenever neccessary for the upcoming plans he had. The phone, as mentioned, had been given automated text messages to the man's wife, claiming he was working on a very sensitive and secretive project for his company. The responses were, at first, angry, but soon died down to a disappointed understanding. But this was all the specter read, as he had no other reason to continue reading them... just so long as the woman was fooled into thinking her absent husband was 'working'.

And, in a way, he wasn't lying. To a degree, at least. Working on something against his will, maybe. Speaking of, it was about time for yet another purchase! This time, better scraps of metals and wires, as the Tech-Dome held utterly nothing but pure refuse, and all of it completely useless. With the control panel set up at the Inn, Zs'Skayr needed to make--well, let's not spoil the surprise. He needed to make something, and his next stop was a little woman named Jo, who most likely had a box full of far better discarded metals and wires in far better shape than that of the tech-dome. It wasn't a long taxi drive from the inn to the business district, and a short walk later, he was nearby the shop with intent on heading inside, he paused for a moment and primped his suit and tie to look more professional. Now was where his true abilities came into play...

Walking into the shop, his claws clicked on the floor and his tail barely touched it, hovering mere inches from the ground as he strolled around casually looking to and fro at the shop in front. Nothing seemed of interest, so he went to the counter, knocking on it as a way to gain attention. Perhaps I should test out disguising my voice on this woman here... he thought, realizing that, after several times controlling individuals, his voice would often seep out instead of their own. This would be a bit tricky, and possibly even have strange results, but eh... it would be useful for future events...

Knock, knock, knock!

Service? Possibly soon?

___

((take your time in posting, there's no rush!))
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Your Finest Refuse

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Knock, knock, knock!

Eh? Someone wasn't using the bell for once?

Downstairs and currently perusing through a mechanic's magazine, a curious Jo Pistonne glanced up at the ceiling. "Huh, another customer..." she muttered aloud. The magazine was set aside for now, a page creased as to not lose her spot, and up the stairs the mechanic went. She pushed herself past the beaded curtain and immediately settled her gaze upon... a strange and fascinating man. Never seen him before! He seemed to be sporting a pinstripe suit and carried an air of importance about him... Businessman? Hmm, Jo wondered what his "business" could be. He had a look that screamed mischief, but it wasn't polite to stereotype.

"Hello and welcome to Jo's Chop Shop!" came a cheerful greeting. She put on a pair of worn gloves and assumed her position behind the storefront, near the till. "I'm Jo, and I'll be the one handling your business today. How can I help you, sir?" Something gave Jo the impression that he wasn't here for a watch repair...

Zs'Skayr
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Zs'Skayr on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:48 pm

The odd-man didn't have to wait long for the owner to arrive, and though he gave a surprised expression, it wasn't because of the gender. More so the height. But now it was time to test out the vocal controls on this body... The man cleared his throat deeply, sounding rather hoarse at first, and began to speak oddly, "Ahem! Ahe-m... Hm. Hello." He paused briefly and cleared his throat once again, and spoke once more to a much better degree, "sorry, I... I've not been feeling well. I've not slept in a good while. Too busy, toooo busy. Now, miss... I need something from you." A good start. The man placed a hand in his pocket, keeping a slight grip on his wallet as he leaned slightly towards the counter, hand hold himself up firmly and he continued. "I've ventured out to that dreadful mess they call a 'Tech-Dome', and found absolutely nothing but filth and rubbish. I've even looked to other stores, but most of them were either closed or were merely false advertisements." There were surprisingly few mechanic shops here on the Breach!

"I'm in need of some high-quality or at least non-rusted or near-disintegrated pieces of refuse, enough to build say... something 6 feet high?" He tried to keep it vague, but no doubt the woman was already suspicious of him. Then again, that would be quite prejudice! Tsk, tsk. It's not what's on the outside, but the inside that counts, as they say. It just so happens that Jo's assumption that this man was suspicious happened to be right on the money considering the circumstances he was in, though. "Any large bin or box or what have you will do, and if you happen to still use it occasionally of what ever reason, I'd still insist on purchasing it from you. I've got the time to haggle." The man had a near unlimited bank account and Zs'Skayr was stubborn enough to have the man bid for him (literally). "So... would you happen to have some?" A smooth smile appeared across his face as he asked, hoping this wouldn't take too long.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:49 pm

What's the matta' with this guy? Did he swallow a frog?

"Know that feel," Jo agreed. It was sometimes hard to sleep when the world experienced bi-yearly disasters like clockwork, but hey - at least keeping busy took one's mind of things! When the unnamed man leaned closer and continued speaking, the mechanic slightly reclined backward. Not too much as to be rude, but just enough to ease her own personal space. "Yep! This is the, uh... only mechanic's shop around." So that definitely ruled out the Tech-Dome for new parts. Though, why would anyone think to head there first? This guy looked well off enough, so... Hmm, maybe he tried to avoid paying for things if he could help it? That's what some "rich" folk did. Things became even odder when the man asked for garbage. Literally, he asked for garbage. Decent garbage, but garbage nevertheless. And a metal bin too, apparently.

After hearing all this and having three seconds to run the man's request in her head, it didn't take a genius to realize that there were warning bells going off. Firstly, someone doesn't enter a mechanic's shop and ask for just refuse. And someone as snazzy as this guy would probably have an easier time taking a poor robot out back and popping a few plasma bolts into their head.

...Okay, so maybe that was just a bit of Tradeworld surfacing. But still!  

Jo tried her hardest not to squint and replied, "Enough scrap metal and discarded components to make something six feet tall, huh?" Something told her that this fellow wasn't a lover of interpretive art sculptures. "Sure, I've got everything you need. There's enough scrap to make several of what you want, but I'm gonna need to know what you're kinda doing. No offense, pal. It's just that I've had unscrupulous persons enter my shop before, place an order, and then proceed to commit acts of heinous villainy. Not that I would assume something of your outstanding nature, of course~!" If the guy's alibi checked out, he'd have all the junk his little heart could ask for. If not? Well, best to handle that when it comes.

Zs'Skayr
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Zs'Skayr on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:07 pm

It was good of the girl to be suspicious, but being too suspicious... that was where it got annoying. Much like the lad in the other tech shop, she had to ask questions and what not before he could purchase what he wanted. So be it... if he had to speak bits of the truth, then so be it, but he'd not give her full information. Not everyone was going to know what he was up to. "That is correct," he said when she repeated what he wished to purchase. And just as he thought; a repeat of that other tech-related store.

The man gave out a sigh and reached into his jacket's pocket to take out a business card. It was chrome and had symbols of a tower and radio signal, and his name, a 'D'Onofrio' was listed under it. The card's name was Synal. "Miss, my name is Mr. D'Onofrio, and I am with Synal Corps. It's a very small, but successful corporation that tracks the odd patterns of meteorites and other space-related happenings. It's not big enough for us to really advertise, but if you wish to call and confirm what I say is true, the number is right on the card." Before Jo did this, if she chose, the man continued, "the purpose of this device is to watch for a certain meteor shower that's said to happen in the early spring. It may or may not be normal, and as such, we wish to make a conduit and satellite to basically watch for it and see if anything is out of the ordinary. If there is, we contact the ISOs."

He gave a short pause, and again, he continued, "we're very quiet since we're still trying to work our way up to being... well... you know, well known and actually helpful to the citizens here. This place has given my wife and I a good living... other than the disasters as you've mentioned... but still, it is a good living. I just decided on scrap parts since it'd be quicker and easier to craft and shape what we need. But please, I'm not asking for complete trash, just scraps of metal of high-quality." If Jo decided to call the number, she'd most likely be answered by a rather snooty woman who would confirm D'Onofrio's claims.

And thus, he'd have checked out, and moved his piece.

Your turn, Jojo.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:28 pm

Uh-huh...

To be honest, Jo had never heard of this Synal - or the fact that it was a company committed to tracking meteor showers. Wouldn't her employee, Big Z, have heard of this? Maybe, maybe not... He had been tired as of late, and wasn't as privy to the undercurrents of society these days. Or so she liked to believe, anyway. She studied the card once, then twice, and faintly shook her head. "No," said the mechanic, handing Mr. D'Onofrio's card back to him. "That'll do." Craters, more identification than a lot of previous customers had given her, so she cut the man some slack. It's not like he was being possessed by some malevolent tyrant against his will and forced to participate in a future crisis. Pfft, that'd be ridiculous! Jo reached down for a clipboard, her gloved fingers browsing through a few pages.

"Let's see... Aha! Yep, you're in luck," she said with a smile. "Looks like we've got a bin in stock - two of 'em, if you're interested. They're about 250 UMMUs each. E-Er... that's the equivalent of roughly a thousand pounds, total." Oops, almost forgot that a lot of non-Galactic Alliance folks weren't accustomed to the Universal Mass Measuring Unit. That business out of the way, Jo set the clipboard back down and wouldn't be needing it if everything went well. "Would you like just the one, or both?" she inquired.

With someone who claimed to be having a good living in these parts, it'd be pointless to ask if he wished to know the price. Someone like D'Onofrio looked as if he'd purchase whatever he wanted with little to no hesitation at all.

Zs'Skayr
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Zs'Skayr on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:34 pm

That'd be completely ridiculous, Jo. We're not living in some fantasy MMORPG!

The man took the card back, placing it in his jacket, his facial expression sincere despite the lies he fed the girl. Once she confirmed for herself that he was fine and what not, she looked down at some clipboard and stated what he had wanted to hear. UMMUs? That sounded quite interesting, but he'd ask questions later--probably in either a different body or just as himself. It would depend. "That sounds perfect," D'Onofrio stated with a small smile. She then asked if he'd like one or both of them, and for a moment, the man placed a hand to his chin, showing he was in thought. He knew he needed a good amount, and one would be fine, but... another would be good for back-up... in case of any follies. Though Zs'Skayr figured the chances of something screwing up to be slim to none, it never hurt to have a back-up plan and back-up parts... best to be prepared than to get a nice face full of "you dun goofed, son".

"Both, if you don't mind." The woman didn't even seem to bother asking for a price, and that was a smart girl! No need to ask; the man pulled out a shining card and handed it to her. It was golden and had the local bank's name on it, along with the man's name of course. "I'd like to purchase them today, and if you could, I'd like them delivered sometime within the next few days. I've no car or truck with me at the moment, you see." Obviously.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:52 pm

If this were a fantasy MMORPG, Jo would have a rolled a face-smashing brute of a tank. Big Z would have been the prissy robe-wearing healer.

"Alrighty, putting you down for both," she said, scribbling a hasty note on the paper. Eh, her handwriting had seen better days. Jo honestly wasn't surprised that Mr. D'Onofrio wished to make his purchase, nor was she startled when presented with a shiny bank card. "You're certainly a man who wants what he wants and wants it now." Just a bit of humour. The man's credit was accepted with no problem and Jo handed the piece of sturdy plastic back to him. "Total is going to be 500.00PBD, rounded right to the last zero." As for the delivery? Er, she didn't exactly have a car or truck either... The mechanic did have a cantankerous alien AI, though! "Sure thing, no problem!" Jo nodded. "Just, uh, let me know where you want the goods delivered and my employee will have them there lickety-split." Hopefully it wasn't somewhere too desolate... She'd hate for anything to happen to Big Z, craters.

((Okay, this is almost done! Go ahead and make a points exchange, then you'll be all set!))

Zs'Skayr
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Zs'Skayr on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:36 am

Jo wrote:"You're certainly a man who wants what he wants and wants it now."

A small smile appeared on the scaly-man's face at that, but not a snarky smile. No, it was more of a sincerely amused smile, to which he replied, "of course. I'm a busy man, Miss Jo. It's only natural I get business done fast, especially if it's something I want." Once it rang through without an issue, the card was returned and placed back into his pocket. As for a pick-up address... Zs'Skayr gave a brief pause before deciding how to handle that. "The inn," he began, his voice smoothing out, "particularly around noon would be a good time. Sometime tomorrow or the day after, just call and ask for room 302 and they should put you right through."

If the woman had to ask why there and not at his company, he'd have an answer to that. But hopefully she'd just leave it alone and let the deal finish through. "I trust that won't be a problem with you, Miss Jo?" he asked kindly before hearing her response.

With nothing else to really say, trusting she'd keep her questions and thoughts to herself, the man gave a small nod, "thank you for being so helpful, my dear. It was a pleasure being in your establishment. Take care now." With that, the man turned and left, walking down the street to get a cab and leave the area.

Easier than I expected.

Zs'Skayr/Mr. D'Onofrio has left. Jo may post once more if she wishes, and the thread can then be closed.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:19 am

Huh, so the Inn... and at room 302? Mighty strange for a businessman to request such a dropoff location, and it was well within Jo's mentality to feel her suspicions being raised. She knew better, however. If she pressed the offensive and started to really dig at the meat of Mr. D'Onofrio's personal life... the trail would grow cold and she'd possibly lose a very valuable lead. This guy was up to something, even if it could be just a really innocent routine like observing meteorites... Jo had to play her cards right. "Nope!" she replied with a slight shake of her head. "You're all good to go, Mr. D'Onofrio. Credit was approved and everything looks A-OK. You'll have the materials at the Inn around noon, most likely tomorrow." The sooner, the better. "Buh-bye and see ya around! Hope scanning for meteorites works out for you." And just like that he was gone, leaving Jo to carefully trail his departure with her eyes. Alright, the coast was clear...

She picked up a nearby communicator and went downstairs to the shop's basement, closing the door behind her. It was time to give Big Z a little house call. "Hey, Big Z! Yeah, listen... what do you know about a Synal Corps..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:57 pm