Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Analog Descent

Post by Kev on Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:39 pm

Alpha didn't seem to be the most vocal or conversational of Gods, no... Still, he'd humor the man. "You never know, sometimes people like Alpha will let slip important information, even to people like you. Maybe he'll get cocky and give you some information." Seemed to be how those types operated, sometimes. "If you ask X, be prepared to get your information in riddle-form." Portal X was the more accessible of the Gods for them to talk to, but he was a...different kind of God. Kinda strange. Nice, but strange. He probably wouldn't give Hazama such information either.

And then there was Hazama's solution to the problem; hold a survey and if people wanted to stay, create a simulation for them to live in. The alien gave him a bewildered look. Hazama's tone sounded less then sincere, he was probably being facetious or sarcastic. Just in case he was being serious, though... "A simulation? That's terrible, who would want to live in a simulation? If those are my choices, I guess I'll just go and die or something." He remarked with a huff, arms folding over his chest. The option of going back home...it'd be rather nice, of course it would be. He missed his planet, and his people. If there was a way to bring it all back, that'd be great! ...But Kev had no idea how he'd feel to leave everyone here behind to go back home. Home wasn't really home. He liked the cottage, he loved his pets, he loved his friends. Who did he have waiting for him on his home planet? No one. Now what was this about a Colonel Cornhole?

"No, I don't recall you mentioning any Colonels. Is he a friend?" Though the thing about giving him power to recreate the world...sounded more like a God or something then a friend. Can Gods be Colonels? That was a military rank, right? Hazama even mentioned that he was high in the...NOL. Whatever that was. Hazama also affirmed that he really didn't mind 'going down with the ship'. Kev squinted at Hazama, and made a little "Hm." sound, but otherwise did not comment on that. "I guess it's possible. X and his family seem to have a...complicated relationship." What with his brother G betraying him and all...didn't see Alpha appear then, did they?

Gods, Hazama seemed to be speaking another dialect all together. Algorithms, coding, programs... "I know we burst into code when we die..." Though Kev never understood why it was called code in the first place. "So that's part of being a coded...program...algorithm thing? Is that why we're referred to as 'users'?" So strange, though Kev didn't seem to understand the significance of it just yet. And thankfully, they were not a part of a dream, only Hazama and Ragna were. Though they had been turned into coding upon arriving here. "But how can this place turn flesh and blood into code? And..." The alien looked down at his palms, clasping them together. He could feel the thrumming pulse of his heart, the sensation of pressure on his scales. The shifting of his muscles, and bones. "If we are code, why do we feel so...real? We bleed, after all." If they were completely code, wouldn't their blood just be code, like when they died?

End the charade? For a moment Kev gave Hazama a skeptical look, though it shifted to a thoughtful one. Fear seemed to speak of this place similarly. Of how this place wasn't natural, and indeed, the prolonged life and fact that they could stop aging was pretty unnatural, by most standards. Everything dies...except here, where you can die 5 times and still come back. "I can understand if you dislike being stuck here, but what about the ones who can't leave? What if you find that you cannot recreate the worlds that have been destroyed? Are you still going to 'end the charade' and just take everything down with you?" Funny that Hazama never trusted any of his observers...almost as if Hazama himself wasn't a very trustworthy guy at all. Hmm! The clapping was met with another bewildered look, unsure if he was being sarcastic again or not. Since he didn't answer that it was anything else, he figured that he was correct. Hazama had no choice, and chose this Observer out of desperation. "Well, sucks to be you, Hazama."

Any sort of smug enjoyment he got from Hazama's apparent desperation fizzled once he mentioned magitek. Kev averted his eyes and planted them squarely on the green horizon before them. Magitek...he didn't understand it entirely, but he knew it involved magic and technology. "Yes. I've heard of it. What about it?" Was the stiff response.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:20 pm

Well, even in the event that Alpha was available, the chances of him turning up to talk to a lowly user like Hazama were slim to none. Alpha was probably conversational enough, just not with nobodies like a user from Gamma-X wanting to know information that no-one really had any right to. As a result, it was a dream Hazama had to quickly give up. "Riddles... our dear resident Portal Deity sure is trying, eh?" Hard to talk to, loved to play pranks, and... well, was honestly a bit like a child.

Hazama shot Kev a look when he responded like that. It was a particular "r u fuckin kiddin me" look reserved only for people such as Kev when they talked about stuff like this. "I mean... you could technically count this as a simulation, you know. You sure you don't want to take that last statement back?" He chuckled slightly, continuing along as they talked.

Colonel Cornhole? What were you even doing with your life, Kev. What were you doing. "Well, I'd say more... an acquaintance than a friend. Intelligent guy, Colonel Relius. Can't say he didn't take a dip in social skills, though. Puts a damper on every conversation you have, and then he just makes a boring face when you spice it up a little. Interesting chap, though." He explained. Not much of an explanation, but you knew what to expect. Well, almost. As for X and his family... Hazama nodded. "We just don't know."

When it came to the coding thing, Hazama nodded again. "Well, yeah. We're users because we're users of the system, Kev! The system is the world around us, a simulation of all these environments! It's as if we're in a computer." He shrugged at the part regarding how the transition happened; not even he knew how the hell they exactly managed it. "In transferring us, they keep us as similar to how we were before as they can. So... the undead won't bleed, you will, everything like that. Most advanced thing I've ever seen."

At Kev's other question, Hazama thought about it for a second - or at least appeared to think about it - and smiled his sickly smile yet again. "Sure, why not? May as well see how far I can go for shits and giggles, right? I'm not gonna half-ass it." And then there was the Observer part, wasn't there? "Yeah, yeah, I know."

"It's similar! Magic and science all boiled into one - the most similar thing to Ars Magus as I've seen so far. Ars Magus is more the magic side, though. We use scientific inventions to manipulate magic, and all that." Was the not-stiff-at-all response.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon May 18, 2015 12:01 am

Trying was certainly a word...however, Kev thought back to his conversation with the Portal in the Law Headquarters. "He might be...cryptic...but he says a lot. So long as you're willing to listen." That meeting with him still stuck with the alien. It had been perhaps the only time he had ever been alone with the Portal. Well, alone with him and the ISOs. The Portal had also been a rather good listener. He seemed attentive as well. It was possible that X was watching the two of them right now. "Though I'm not a fan of riddles." The Augurs had pretty much ruined riddles for him.

Oh hey, a look rather then a grin! Though...perhaps he preferred the smile. The look on Hazama's face was as if Kev had said something horribly stupid. Hazama apparently saw Portal Breach as a simulation, and Kev considered it before shaking his head. "Even then, the difference between this simulation and your simulation is we have power here. We can make our own lives with what we've got. Will we be able to do that in your simulation, or would we just have to be content with what you've made in it?" Though the alien did reassess his statement. Rather die...mmm that might be a bit too dramatic. With a sigh, he looked back to the green haired man. "Alright, maybe I'd rather not die. It's just...unpleasant. You know, if there's no chance of having any control or sense of free will." Though Hazama and Fear may see this place as a prison, it was a place of opportunity. A true prison wouldn't have the freedoms they had, yes? Though if this place were truly a simulation...what did that mean? Did nothing really matter? Did their actions have any real impact? If this was all fake, where were they truly? Hnngh this was too deep...he was beginning to enter the rabbit hole. He'd think about it later. Not here, with Hazama.

Acquaintance, right. Guess a guy like Hazama wasn't exactly big on friendship. From Hazama's description, the Colonel was smart, but not much of a people person. Nor a conversationalist, probably why Hazama considered him merely an acquaintance, and Hazama's attempts to spice things up didn't get much of a reaction from the Colonel either. Kev's head tilted to the side, considering such character traits. "Interesting...perhaps. Though he sounds boring as well. Not your kind of guy, huh?" He had known several types of people who thrived off of reactions, and...yeah. Sometimes you had the kind of person that had no reaction to what you do. With the shenanigans Hazama did, of course he'd dislike someone who doesn't react.

And as for ignoring the simulation subject, it seems that wasn't going to happen. Being 'helpful', Hazama began to explain the whole coding and simulation thing. "But...how is that possible?" They were inside a computer? Their environment a mere simulation? The alien came to a stop, kneeling down and pulling a glove off as he raked his fingertips over the grass. Blades of grass tickled at his scales, brushing past, and an insect or two stirred from his movement. An ant hitched a ride on his finger and Kev pulled his hand back up to inspect it, watching the antennae wriggle on the ant as it crawled over his scales. "But...it seems so real. What does that mean? If this is all fake...where are we, really? Even if we're inside the computer, there's gotta be a world outside of the computer." Kev shook his hand, the ant landing on the grass as the alien stood back up and slid his glove back on, resuming his walk. Whatever this was, was apparently extremely advanced. Like Hazama had never seen. "This doesn't seem like something you could do with technology, though. Maybe it's...magic?" This was upsetting to think about...

Whatever thought Hazama put into his answer couldn't be that much thought, since he just smiled and answered that he was doing it for shits and giggles. To see how far he could go. Kev's eyes narrowed, and he stared right back at Hazama. "I'll do everything I can to stop you. And I won't half-ass it either." Consider it a promise. He couldn't help an amused snort as Hazama didn't even deny that it sucked to be him. The alien shook his head. Hazama was definitely...something else. As for Magitek, it was like the Ars Magus of Hazama's world. Magic and science mixed together, with all the benefits. Ars Magus leaned more to magic, using scientific inventions to manipulate magic, and probably to direct it too. "I see. So Ars Magus refers to those scientific inventions?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:31 pm

"Hm, you don't say..." Hazama replied, completely genuine with his wording. He'd never talked to Portal-X, but he might ask what was going on either way. It was definitely a good way to obtain information about what the hell was going on with him and his family. They certainly were unique in their ways, after all... no other family was really like the portals, so the only way to find out about them was to ask about them. "I enjoy it when it's not for anything I care about, you know?" It was important to get to the point when the thing in question actually mattered.

As for the next question, Hazama shrugged. "I don't care. Do what you want." It wouldn't matter to him one bit, provided he wasn't a part of it in any way, shape or form. Still... "So you crave agency, right? Just freedom is what you want?" He could understand that. Who couldn't? Most people preferred freedom to... well, a dogmatic structure allowing only thoughts that agreed with a hivemind or something similar. Being able to do nothing wasn't the best of feelings, and was why Hazama preferred this Observer to his previous ones, after all.

"Well, to be fair, it wasn't like he really liked me, either. We just had similar goals, you know? May as well help each other out, even if he was a drab son of a bitch." The serpent shrugged and carried on. He didn't honestly have much to say about Relius, but he would bring him up.

Hazama looked over at Kev. "I don't know. But that's exactly right. A gold star for you, Kev! There has to be something outside, we just don't know what. I can only wonder." Still, it seemed like technology, what with all the coding and all that... "Perhaps an advanced form of Ars Magus, under a different name? It's definitely something technological, what with coding and all..." Magic couldn't be all of it, Hazama doubted. Magic was powerful, but not all-powerful.

"It's a date, then, Kev. You've got to make sure to show, alright? Don't break my heart." He commented, moving on quickly. "Ars Magus does refer to that, yes. But, anyway... it's coming up on the horizon now. See the sea? Isn't that just wonderful. I love the view from afar." They were nearing their destination.

Nearly there, eh?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:25 pm

"I do say." Though Kev doubted that Hazama would get very much out of Portal X, due to his plans for the place and all. If the Portal was privy to his own friendship with Fear, then certainly, he knew about the conversation that was going on right now. It was hard to hide things from a God, after all. Of course, X was a hard guy to predict. There was no way to know for sure what he would do. Hazama was a lot more receptive to riddles, provided they weren't related to anything he really cared about, and Kev made a small hum. "That makes sense. In fact, that might be how I feel too. For the most part, at least." Normal riddles were okay, but needing to answer riddles or else the world might be destroyed...way too much pressure to actually enjoy them.

Hazama was rather dismissive about this part of his plan, which probably meant just as Hazama said. He didn't care what happened to them, and he didn't want to cater to them either. As far as Hazama was concerned, they could do what they want, but could they really do what they wanted to? The alien sent the man a skeptical squint. As for what Kev wanted, freedom sounded about right! "Basically. I mean, everybody wants freedom, right? Freedom is a lot of things, and it means a lot." Freedom gave him the chance to live in the cottage, freedom allowed him to make his mistakes in this place, yet also to make some great things happen. Freedom kept this place from becoming a depressing prison. This place gave him freedom he had never known before, and he wanted to keep it that way.

Hazama and the Colonel had some sort of...mutual dislike of each other. Kev could harmly blame Colonel Relius for disliking Hazama, and the alien gave the green haired man a side-eyed glance. Seems they only interacted with each other because they had goals in common. That sure sounded familiar! "What kinds of goals did you two have in common?" Just from his own experiences, he was sure that this goal wasn't exactly 'have a nice luncheon picnic by the seaside'. What would a Colonel want that Hazama could help with? Surely not destruction of the entire world... Kev gave Hazama a slightly bewildered look upon being awarded a 'gold star'. Perhaps that had been Hazama's thinking exactly. "So you want to tear everything apart...to rip your way out of this place and find whatever is outside of it, right?" With his talk of tearing everything down and destroying the system, it seemed to be what he was going for. "What'll you do, if you find whatever is outside of here?" Would he destroy that too, or would he be content to be free? Hazama insisted that whatever this was, had a technological edge to it. With the coding and the data, this had to be a part of some sort of technology, so if there was any magic involved, it'd be like Ars Magus. "Hmm...if it was, do you think that's why you were able to use the Cauldron like you did? Because it was compatible with this world?" It was a thought.

Kev quickly made a face at Hazama's jib, not liking the idea of making any sort of date with Hazama. Even if it was a date where he kicked Hazama in the face! "I'll show up for me and those I love, not for you. If anything, I'd absolutely love breaking your heart..." The last part was more of a mumble to himself, both hands shoved into his pockets. Breaking Hazama's heart...assuming he even had one, of course. Hazama waved off Kev's comment, as they were nearing the coast and the scaly alien blinked. That's right, he was coming to see Hazama's base. He had nearly forgotten, with all of this talking. "It does look nice, especially when the moon and stars reflect on it..." He turned his head to Hazama, slightly confused. "You have a base near the ocean? ...Or in it? Or is your base just past the ocean, on an island or something?" It was a big change from the base in the icelands, that's for sure.

Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Hazama nodded at Kev. Riddles were... something else. "Aren't riddles a form of entertainment, though? Can't all be bad." After all, why would stories like the Sphinx and her riddle about a human be created if that were the case? It wasn't like the story exactly had a moral to it, either, it was just a Sphinx being clever and people getting surprised at the riddle. You may as well just tell the Sphinx's riddle to everyone without the padding, that'd make for you looking smart.

"I guess I could say that too, you know? I spent so long chained to my old Observers, this one really is a breath of fresh air. Well, not literally, I suppose. They don't care what I do, so I guess it's like a bit of freedom for myself, too." And he was using that as he wished. "You have freedom, and so does everyone else. That's why so many people clash. Like you and me, Kev. We'll keep fighting because you don't agree with what I do, and I can't say I blame you, but it won't stop me carrying on." The message was pretty loud and clear; Hazama wasn't gonna give up if you weren't.

What goals did they have in common? "Well, we both wanted to get out of the time loop that we were stuck in, we both wanted to bring our world to ruin and end it, and we were both using my Observer to achieve our results." Hazama replied, his hands in his pockets once more as he went on. "Well, yeah. I want to know what's on the outside. The world that was on the outside of my one, and the world that's outside of this one. As for what I'll do when I get there... no comment." It really depended on what he found in the world. He couldn't answer right now. He could answer the Ars Magus query, though. "Possibly... it could just be that the technology has surpassed the shit in our world and thus can accommodate this." No way of telling for sure...

Taking Kev's statement in his stride, Hazama's expression didn't even change. "Can't say I wouldn't deserve it a million times over, but I doubt anyone could do that to me, haha!" Breaking his heart? He didn't make connections with anyone, so it'd be tough. Very tough, at that. "My base is in the ocean, Kev! You wanted it, you got it. You probably don't even have to come in anymore if you don't want to, because it's a small world. You can imagine who it used to belong to."

Well, Kev. Could you?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:06 am

"They are, but I prefer jokes as entertainment." Did anyone ever actually sit around a campfire and recite riddles among each other to pass the time? Funny anecdotes and jokes were much more entertaining. "You need a specific crowd for riddles." The kind of crowd that didn't mind racking their brains for answers and had a good amount of patience.

And so, the statement 'everybody wants freedom' actually applied to Hazama himself. Who would have guessed? The scary guy actually had a bit of humanity to him. "So this new Observer gives you some free reign, huh? I guess I'd appreciate that, if my entire existence hinged on how merciful the guy in charge of me was." But it didn't make him agree with the idea of Hazama uprooting the Breach and tearing everything down to find whatever was outside. And indeed, freedom for all meant freedom for the brightest of people and the darkest. Kev had the freedom to do as he wished, as did Hazama. As did Judge Fear and Judge Mortis. Everyone had freedom here, and it made people rub elbows. "Yeah, it isn't exactly reasonable to think that you'll stop doing something just because I tell you I want you to stop. It's just unrealistic." Some people had certain beliefs that were just not going to stop. No matter how convenient it'd be. The alien shook his head, chuckling. "Guess we're going to be stuck in a loop." Was this what a rivalry was? It was rather...exciting. The grass continued to crunch beneath their feet as they walked, Kev's steps getting a bit bouncier, feet barely touching the ground for very long.

"Huh...that's a lot of goals in common. Who was this Observer you two were using? Must have been a dim person to not realize they was being played by two people..." Especially someone like Hazama, whose existence he or she literally held in their palm. Hazama was a curious little bugger, though he was frightfully mum about what exactly he planned to do on the outside. "Mhm." Suspicious. "Curiosity killed the cat, Hazama. You best be careful." As for the Cauldron, it seems even Hazama was unsure. He had no answer to the positive or the negative, guessing about as much as Kev himself was. "I see." Made as much sense as anything else, to him. Hazama's response earned a snort, Kev couldn't exactly picture Hazama in a relationship, let alone one where his heart ended up being broken. A bouquet of flowers in one hand, waiting in the rain, that lovely green suit being soaked to the brim with rain and his own tears. "Hehehe...I doubt anyone could do that to you either." Silly, squinty man with a heart of the deepest black. No one could break something that stiff!

Hazama wrote:"My base is in the ocean, Kev! You wanted it, you got it. You probably don't even have to come in anymore if you don't want to, because it's a small world. You can imagine who it used to belong to."

The alien jerked to a complete stop, one foot lingering above the grass mid-step. Kev stared at Hazama, a few steps ahead. He stared into the horizon, stared at the ocean. The base. The base was in the ocean. A small world...and Hazama even admitted that Kev probably knew the previous owner. The alien wavered in place, beginning to lose his balance. "Hhh...hhh..." A deep shiver wriggled its way down Kev's spine, though as his body wavered like a pole about to fall, he set his raised foot down onto the grass. Kkrrkk. Half a year or so was the last time he'd set foot in that place, that underwater base. The home of Megamind and Roxanne. Half a year ago, he had found a suit that looked a lot like Hazama's. "So that's why-" The alien cut himself off, hands clenching into fists before he jogged ahead to catch up with Hazama. Even if Hazama was now openly informing him of his new base, it'd be best if Kev didn't let him know he had been there before. Perhaps getting a bit big for his britches, the alien grabbed Hazama's shoulder and turned so that the two of them were facing each other, eye to eye. His hand clenched, meeting the stiff flesh beneath the soft suit.

"Are you why Megamind disappeared? Did you kill him and take over his base?" Was it possible that Megamind hadn't disappeared, only to reappear with sudden apologies and left all over again? Could it be...that when the large headed alien had finally begun to make amends with those he had harmed, finally seeing the light, this man had cut him down and murdered him, taking over his home? Both hands gripped Hazama now, the alien panting deep and hard as he squeezed. Not enough to start a fight, or even harm the man, but merely out of emotion. "Did you murder Megamind?"

Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:04 am

"Well, I'd imagine you'd need the type of people that enjoy listening to the sphinx tale over and over, eh, Kev?" AKA, no-one in the entire universe. Still, the sphinx tale was a popular riddle, so some people must enjoy riddles. Who knew exactly who that was, though. At the very least, it was discernible that it wasn't Kev.

"Well, to an extent. I mean, they want me to commit evil and I imagine they'd cut the deal if I were to start taking care of everyone's gardens, and all that shit." Even freedom was relative, and Hazama didn't have all that much of it. He had about as much as he needed, however. "Well, I know that what I do is wrong, but I just don't care. I should be locked up or worse, but what can you do? Here I am, in the middle of a lush field with my good friend Kev." Sometimes, things just didn't work out for the best interests of the world. "A loop? So long as it's different each time and enjoyable, I don't care. Haha!" Just let him kick a puppy or something. Or jaywalk. In a place where it's illegal.

"Who? Oh, someone who probably had her own agendas against us and everything, but used us for the hell of it. Why not? It was Izanami, the Goddess of Death." It tended to be a bit difficult to play a goddess like that, but sometimes it was better to give it the old college try. "You just need a backup plan for your backup plan, you know?" Definitely helped to deal with the unexpected, or if things were to take a really dangerous turn.

Hazama looked at Kev, with Kev's little giggle. What exactly was he imagining? The serpent could only wonder... probably something tragic. No homo, right, Kev?

...Right?

Ah, there it was. The reaction Hazama had expected this entire time. Kev looked absolutely taken aback by what Hazama had just said. Suddenly being turned, Hazama opened his eyes and looked into Kev's, his snake-like pupils almost seeing into the fellow's mind. "What's the matter, Kev? You look like you've seen a ghost." His grin was never as smug as it was now, but that soon faded as Kev asked if he murdered Megamind. To murder the blue inventor...

"I can't say I had the pleasure, though I would have loved to do so. I feel bad now for having to disappoint you, actually... I'll be sure to rip the next person I steal the base of to shreds for you, Kev. It won't happen again." His tone gleefully venomous, Hazama then moved on. "I did take care of his shitty cat, though... but you didn't think I'd brought you here with nothing to gain, right? Deal with the cat. The little shit keeps re-appearing every week, almost as if she's a user. You like animals, and I'm sure you don't want little Tiddles to keep going through agonising deaths, do you? Take the cat and I will be eternally grateful, Kev."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:04 pm

Sphinx tale? Which one was that one? Kev's blinked questioningly, but found himself nodding in agreement. "Yeah, you'd need people who don't mind getting riddles over and over and over." Because it was never just the one riddle, was it? It was several, three in Kev's experiences. Three riddles to answer, one at a time. Maddening, it was.

So Hazama's current Observer explicitly wanted him to commit evil. How...strange. Strange, specific, dangerous. The alien narrowed his eyes at the mysterious man before him. "Right. Unless you poisoned the garden or something...seems strange that they would want you to do evil things, though." Who liked acts of random mayhem? Daemeon. Though...Hazama had also boasted of killing Daemeon. Kev highly doubted that he would have been able to kill his own Observer...so who could it be? Hazama freely admitted to being an awful person who should have been locked away. "That's rather common here, actually." Hazama was no different from Ridley, or even the Dark Judges. In each case, people believed that for the greater good, they should be done away with. Locked up, destroyed...any of them, really. "I don't think anyone can be locked away forever." The only way to dispose of a threat was to make them run out of discs, or wait for them to disappear on their own. The man was also rather happy to be stuck in a loop with Kev, so long as it was different each time. "I'll try my best!" He solemnly promised, with a twinge of saccharine sweetness on the end for good measure.

The dupe that Hazama and his 'friend' had tricked had not been as dim as the alien had thought. It was in fact a Goddess of Death, who used them just as much as they used her. "...Your dimension just sounds better and better, the more I hear about it." People using each other, time loops, Gods dreaming up their world...it was all rather confusing and strange. And a dangerous game...like a game of chess to see who'd end up on top. "Are Observers typically Gods or people with similar powers?" A backup plan for your backup? The alien shook his head, almost amused. "Guess if there's anything anyone can say about you, it's that you're a planner." He wasn't as simple as a man who just went one place and started to punch everything in his way. Hazama was a planner. The laugh drew a look from Hazama, and the alien winked back at him, though soon the mood had soured.

Hazama opened his eyes, a rare action indeed and Kev stared into his snake-like pupils as he demanded answers. Narrow slits of his own meeting Hazama's. "I might as well have seen a ghost..." A ghost of the past, that is. Hazama's grin was so wide and smug, so...satisfied. Kev's fingers twitched, the urge to punch that smile right off growing at he stared. Luckily for them both, the smile faded as he began to give answers.

So Hazama had not killed Megamind...Kev's hands slackened, releasing Hazama's shoulders as they returned to slump by his sides. Megamind had not been killed...it had been as he first thought. Megamind...had left. Megamind left Skyler, left Livewire. He left Barney Calhoun. He left 5. He left Jo, and Link. He left Kev. For a moment, Kev had hoped that Hazama had murdered Megamind. Not due to ill will from their past, but because Megamind was supposed to be a good man. He boasted of being a good guy. Had he not joined BLACKCAT to help people? Hadn't they all created that thing...to help people? Megamind was supposed to be a hero, and heroes don't leave the people they love.

...And yet, Hazama did not kill Megamind. Hazama had not killed a hero who was on his way to redemption. Megamind had left people behind without a good bye. Because there were no real heroes, merely pretenders who wanted something. Glory, honor...respect...attention. When the going gets tough, real heroes bail. They leave, complain, stop trying. They give up. They abandon the people they love. Drink themselves to a death they never return from, or just leave. The heroes get upset when the citizens try to clean up their mess, and yet all they did was leave messes behind them once they leave. Kev's fists tightened. Screw heroes. At least villains like Hazama and the Judges could be depended on to make a mess. What about the heroes that leave it all to people like Kev? Ugh.

"I don't want you to do anything on my behalf, especially not ripping people to shreds. By all means, keep disappointing me. I'm used to it." His voice was just as venomous, almost hissing. Wait...cat? The alien's eyes closed into a half-lidded look. It took a few moments for him to remember the hairless cat. "He left his cat too?" Left her to be killed over and over by Hazama, apparently. Sadistic jerk apparently kept killing her. Kev made a disgusted grunt, crossing his arms over his chest. "Fine. Take me to the cat, I'll take care of her." How interesting that she kept coming back, though.

Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Hazama would brief Kev on the sphinx tale given that he had a curious look about him, but as Kev had said, he wasn't too big on riddles. Hazama dismissed it with a light shrug. Riddles weren't particularly his jam, either. He liked more classical things, like piano music. Piano wasn't limited to classical music, but it was certainly good to kill time with by playing the piano.

Poisoning the garden? Well, that would hardly get anyone anywhere, provided the garden were to be a regular garden. If it were able to react, that would be a completely different story, though. "Strange enough, I mean that stunt in the Icelands was to prove that I wasn't a waste of time. Hell, I initially didn't even intend to kill Raggy! That was just the way that things went. Ah, not that he's technically dead, though." There were a myriad of reasons Ragna could never technically be considered "dead", but one in particular involved the weird nature of the cauldron. "Well, maybe not! Who knows, maybe there's some special quarantine or something." The ISOs, keeping people locked up! Secretly the villains... who could have guessed~? "You can be sure to get the same from me, Kev. It'll be similar, but not the same each time."

When it came to Izanami, Hazama didn't have a clue how that would have ended, exactly. Hopefully, he would definitely survive and Izanami would go away! Absolutely, it definitely wouldn't end with him dying, Relius being broken and Izanami on the loose. "Well, when the "hero" is a wanted criminal that hospitalises a ton of innocent people, it really makes you think about the rest of the world. I mean, how much worse must I be?" Hazama joked around, commenting and skirting around the edges of the fourth wall. "Observers? Well, I guess not. Anyone who has a bit of magic power can be an Observer, you just have to be aware of the consequences if your magic aptitude isn't good! I mean, doing that shit wrong can make you get wiped from existence." Serious consequences! Hazama tended to plan, though. It was true! "Well, you've got to be ready in case shit goes down! It almost always goes down, you know. You either plan around the potential failure of yourself and make it a net gain for you anyway, or you make plans so that you've always got a route to escape from. Can't say I don't work hard, right?" There was that sickeningly un-sweet smile again.

Hazama was released, and he carried on, walking in the direction of the base. He wanted to get rid of the cat... cats were the absolute worst. Still, Kev was revealing a lot of juicy information as to what was really getting his goat... Hazama listened, paying attention. "To be fair, doesn't really sound like I need to tear them apart to get any kind of reaction out of you." Sounded like he'd get even more of a reaction not doing so. The sting of losing people was bad all-over on the Breach. "Reminds me of Dead Master, you know? She disappeared. Can't say I gave too much of a shit, but people just love to up and disappear, eh?"

"Thank you kindly, Kev. I'm truly in your debt." Hazama replied, ever grateful for the kind deed. "There it is, over the horizon, in fact! I'm sure you'll be the perfect home for that bastard cat."

Fuck Cleo.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:56 am

Poisoning a garden would be plenty harmful, should that garden be a food source. The Icelands were mentioned by Hazama as being his attempt at showing his Observer that their time spent with Hazama would not be a waste. That keeping the squinty man alive was worth it. "You might not have intended to kill him, but you were definitely banking on that as being a possibility." But it was true, Ragna's death may have been caused by Hazama as a catalyst...but it was ultimately the citizens that brawled Ragna and destroyed him. "For Ragna's sake, I hope he is dead." The alien inclined his head in sympathy. As hard headed and frustrating as Ragna was, nobody deserved to be stuck in some odd limbo state of alive yet dead, unable to move or exist. It was a fate worse then death, and so the alien wished death for him. On the subject of being locked away, Hazama put forth the idea of a quarantine. "Maybe...if you ever happen to get quarantined like that, you'll have to let me know what it's like." It was an interesting idea...one just had to wonder; considering the people wandering the Breach, what would someone have to do to be placed in this quarantine? Perhaps something unforgivable...as far Hazama's plans, the man promised to change it up just like Kev would. "Depending on how drastic the things you will do, you don't have to change it up too much." He'd hate for Hazama to go from helping cause Ragna's death to the death of millions.

So the hero of Hazama's world was someone who had hospitalized innocent people...the alien's eyes narrowed, hands shoved into his own pockets as he considered that. "Good point...I suppose in comparison, you haven't really...done anything." Ragna died, but technically Hazama didn't do that. People had been injured by his chains, injured in the fight with him, but...nobody ended up in the hospital. Hazama was more dangerous because of his potential and the way he deceived those around him. The hero of Hazama's world sounded like a real class act. How bad could he have been in comparison? As for the Observers, they had to carry some degree of magical power, but there were drastic consequences involved in being an Observer. "Why would it wipe them from existence? That's...pretty out there. And strange. Is it because they would be tied to your existence, which can easily be wiped?" Hope Hazama's current Observer was aware of these consequences... As for plans...Kev couldn't say he was that much of a planner. Of course, he didn't have much that he had to plan for. "Back up plans for when things go wrong are a good idea, but what if there's nothing else you can do? What if even your back up plans blow up? What do you do then?" Sometimes, this world made even the best laid plans blow up in your face. No matter how many plans Hazama made, surely he couldn't plan for everything. That smile sent shivers down the alien's spine, scales rippling at the very sight of it. "If only everyone could be as good a worker as you."

As soon as Hazama had been released, the man kept continuing forward on his path. Kev stayed behind for the moment, wind whipping around him. It carried a slight smell of salt, they were indeed getting closer to the ocean. Where Megamind's base rested. "Exactly." Hazama didn't need to do a damn thing for him. Especially not hurting people, just to get at him. Just to twist a knife in the wound, frankly there was no need to kill anyone. They would all just end up disappearing anyway.

Hazama wrote:"Reminds me of Dead Master, you know? She disappeared. Can't say I gave too much of a shit, but people just love to up and disappear, eh?"

The alien turned his gaze back to Hazama, primarily his back as it was the part of the man that was facing Kev at the moment. The pinstripe suit moved with the motions of Hazama's walking, green hair bouncing with every step. So Hazama also knew what it was like to lose someone, a woman by the name of Dead Master. The name didn't ring any bells. Hazama himself didn't seem to be too sad about it, and yet... Kev's gaze redirected to the grass, and he began to walk forward after the man, attempting to keep up and close the distance between them. And yet, with every step he felt as though he might sink into the soil beneath his feet. He almost wanted to...just sink down into the center of the planet, stay down there forever. Never crawl out. Stay safe, alone, forever... "Yes...they do." All of the passion had died in Kev's voice, replaced by a somber monotone.

A 'thank you'...and now Hazama was in his debt. Yet, Kev was sure the man was just joking. "No thanks are necessary..." The distance had been closed now, the alien a merely step or two behind Hazama. "I'm used to cleaning up his messes." Even after their friendship had been ended, Kev was still cleaning up Megamind's messes. The trauma and hurt he'd left behind after disappearing, and now Kev would be taking in his cat, to keep it from being killed over and over. The alien's hands clenched into fists, shaking by his sides. "I'm sure she will be...h-happy with me..." Who would have known that Hazama's endgame for taking Kev to his lair was to pass a cat off to him? And here he'd been expecting to be killed or something...

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:40 am