Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Midnight Musings

Post by Livewire on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:09 pm

TIME:    9:14 PM
    DATE:    03-11-0004

A week should be enough time, right?   The femme’s steps sounded out in the comparatively quieter city noise as the metal made quick contact with the sidewalk.  The darkening skies and chilling air worked wonders with clearing the streets more quickly as the hours ticked down each night.  Where summer waves could keep most of the populace out of their homes well into the darkening hours without even requiring a sweater.  Now as the colder winds came through the mismatched buildings, such fancies could no longer be enjoyed by most.  Of course the Breach’s diverse population made it so that not all were affected by the temperatures.  Those of hardier build or simply not affected by such changes continued on unbothered in their daily tasks.   As a being of metal, Livewire was offered such protection.  That hardly stopped her from indulging in the colder fashions, however.  One of which was now shamelessly curled around her face and neck in muted colors of eggshell and pale gold.   She did enjoy scarves.   Quite a lot, in fact, especially when she knit them.

Musings on accessories aside, Livewire had a rather important reason for being out at this time of night.   It was a rather peculiar time to be out, she had to admit.  She should be home with Skyler and their many animals, but Livewire had a job to do.  A job that would explain just why the child was carrying the mirror from her family’s bathroom at the Inn tucked securely under her arm.   She had the decency to cover up the reflective surface so as to avoid distracting any drivers as she made her way through the city.  The final clicks of her heels declared that her journey was almost at an end as compressed rock gave way to grass and hard soil.  She looked around the park.  The night’s chill had cleared it of residents, at least those within sight.  Her task wasn’t necessarily a secret she needed to keep but the femme, for reasons of her own, didn’t want a crowd.   Muffled steps carried her towards a park bench as a gentle breeze ruffled her skirt.  She carefully placed the covered mirror down on the bench and slipped off the towel that had been wrapping it.   Her optics were bright and overpowering in the dark as they almost drowned out the rest of her shaded reflection.   In her hand was clutched a crayon that was, for whatever reason she wouldn’t mention, a bright crimson.  

“A star with a crescent moon, then.”  The femme’s hand reached out and began to carefully drawn the symbol that a certain demon had scrawled on her advertisement.   Was he going to come out of the mirror?  Was he going to do some creepy “I was behind you the entire time” routine?  …did she get a large enough mirror?  Perhaps a window would have been better.   Alas, the child’s ponderings mattered little now.   With a final twist of her hand the red wax completed the inner curve of the moon within the six-pointed star, exactly the way that Daemeon had instructed.   She needed his help, yes.  She wanted to see him, even more.  She was confused as to WHY she wanted to see him, the very most of all.  Was it just a strange urge to watch him?  To wait until he slipped up in sight, to take him down?    No…that wasn’t it.  She had ideas, about Daemeon.  Plans.   But they would have to wait.  She had science to do, and he was the only help available.

Taking a step back, Livewire looked down at the mirror as she draped the towel across her arm.   “I’m not going to kill a goat or a virgin for you, Daemeon.”
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Re: Midnight Musings

Post by Daemeon on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:12 am

“Awe. You are no fun,” the familiar dark voice rang out from the mirror. His reflection raced across the mirror, but he did not appear. “The best energy comes from the pure blood of virgins. As for the goats, that is just a joke. I picked that up from a book at the library. Apparently there is a belief that a goat is some sort of demonic symbol or bearer of evil. I mean, how can a goat be evil? They are nature’s garbage disposals!” he laughed.

What was the demon’s game? Livewire had done everything Daemeon had instructed but he didn’t even show his face in the mirror. What was he doing? Just toying with her. The demon was allowed to have fun every once in a while. The shadows around the mech began to warp and twist. They began to spiral around the mech, creating elaborate patterns. It would rise and fall like the waves on the ocean. The hissing of serpents surrounded Livewire as the eerie caws of ravens swirled above her.The largest shadow rose into a hill and opened like a venus fly trap. From this extravagant show, Daemeon stepped out in front of Livewire.

“Evening, Miss Livewire.” He gave a respectful bow. “I will say, I am quite surprised that you even tried to contact me. Then again, you did have an unusual habit of keeping an eye on me while we were on that unexpected quest.” Daemeon pulled out his book and flipped to a specific page. “You remember, the rivalling queens, strange lobsters, and the Dead Duo wanting to kill everyone that drew breath.” Looking at Livewire, his book vanished. “But enough with the past, let’s discuss this experiment of yours.”
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:37 pm

In the mirror, then.   The child gazed passively at the looking glass as the voice of her very favorite demon rung out around her.   Each flash across the polished surface was registered with curiosity and a growing anticipation as he revealed that the goat’s blood had no actual significance.   Livewire had heard about the importance of a virgin’s blood (though she had come across a few different definitions for “virgin” when referring to sacrifice-material) in rituals, but goats were something that she had really only seen in stories about the occult.  Texts that studied instead of fantasized seemed to leave out goats, which she was fine with as she thought goats were rather interesting.

“I am too, fun.”   Yes, Livewire.  Keeping all of the tone and inflection out of your voice while holding to your fun level makes perfect sense, and is not ironic in any way.   “But this is the time for business, not fun.”   Smooth.   The glow of blue optics dimly illuminated the shadows (that didn’t make sense, but she would ponder that at a later time) as they began to shift around her.  Each pattern was carefully noted and appreciated as it lifted off of the ground.  The sounds of snakes and ravens were plugged into her memory as she glanced around at the show being put on for her.   If she were less uncomfortable, she might have grinned.  If it was a magic-wielder that was more associated with rats, she might have openly applauded, but no.   This was Daemeon, and so all the demon saw when the shadows parted was the small, pleased smile that she allowed him.  

It took an effort to maintain her stillness.   An automatic reaction had to be suppressed, one that would have tensed her shoulders and lowered her head in anticipation.  Excitement for the upcoming events had to be tampered down into a more manageable thrill as she looked at Daemeon.  It all came back at once, that instinctive urge to keep him in her sight, to keep him close.   Perhaps Kev did have reason to worry.  No matter.  None of it came through to her voice, which was carefully maintained in a pleasant, offhand lilt.

“You were the only one who responded.”   It was out of necessity that she had taken down his information, but the excitement for experimentation had spurred her to call him at this odd hour.   The only movement along her form manifested in the gentle waving of her dress as it was played with by the wind.  A metal hand gently took hold of the scarf around her neck and tightened it to prevent it from blowing away.  

It only took a moment for her to stamp down the memories that Daemeon had brought up.   Although she still didn’t know…what, had happened to her, she remembered the fear.  She remembered the black panic and that would be no good for the items to be discussed.   “Business it is.”   A cautious glance around their surroundings assured the femme that they were isolated enough, as isolated as they could be in a city where crime was instantly responded to, anyway.  Her gaze zeroed in on Daemeon once more as the smile faded into her signature neutral expression.   “I have something that requires delicate hands.  It’s small, but its volatility makes it extremely difficult to handle and process.  I only have a little, and I am looking into methods that could create a more…accessible, supply.”  She paused to gage his reaction before looking down.  Her forearm emerged from beneath her sleeve as a panel on it slipped aside to reveal the blackness of her subspace.  Two fingers of her opposing hand reached inside and swiftly removed a small scroll of rolled paper.  It clicked back shut as she looked back to Daemeon.    “It’s nature discourages me from revealing more, until I know you’re aware of the confidentiality I’m seeking in this matter.” She held out the roll of paper to the demon as her face remained impassive.   “It’s not too long.”
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:03 pm

“I was the only one who answered? That’s disappointing,” the demon frowned. “I was so hoping to work with more of Portal City’s scientific minds. Oh well.” Daemeon shrugged. “I’d figured more people would want to keep an eye on me. No matter.” He cracked his neck and listened to what Livewire had to say. In all honesty, he didn’t give two hoots if there were anymore participants! He actually prefered it this way. Since it would just be Livewire and he, there would be more product for him. And from the words on the initial request, these crystals are hazardous so they must possess some kind of energy. Radiation or electrical energy, Daemeon was sure he could put them to use. Or they could be poisonous. Either way, the demon could surely find a use for them.

Taking the roll of paper, Daemeon grinned. “Of course, Miss Livewire. I figured this project had to be somewhat secretive. Given the fact you didn’t reveal any important information. Just generalization and the warning.” Daemeon spun the paper in his hand. “But, I only make deals I come up with. Don’t be offended, it’s just my way of doing business. So here’s my offer, the knowledge and data from this scientific experiment never reaches the public, stays between you and me, and we do not speak of either parties involvement.” With his spare hand, Daemeon pulled his deal out from his coat and held it out to Livewire. “This is just business, Miss Livewire. It is for both of our safety. Of course, any and all my agreements have a rebounds and if broken, there may have deadly consequences.” Holding the document out with a pen, the demon waited to see Livewire’s reaction. He still held Livewire’s note.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:08 am

Daemeon's displeasure might have even been cute to the femme under different circumstances.  Circumstances that would involve someone other than Daemeon and unhappiness over a subject that Livewire herself wasn't also displeased with.   The child, even though she only read about scientific practices instead of putting them to the test herself, was a bit put-out that she wouldn't get to work with others here on Portal Breach.   She had overhead that Washu, who she only saw during that...ordeal but didn't much talk to, was a scientist.  There was also Drakken, but Livewire was fond enough of the man that she didn't want him near the quantity of energon crystals that she hoped to produce.  Negative effects of radiation and all that.   Also, she didn't know Washu at all, really.  Her visual appearance and apparent quick temper were all that the femme had learned.   With those thoughts, perhaps Daemeon was the best choice.  He was interested, capable, and she wouldn't be horribly distraught if he was harmed.  Well...more than she wanted him to be.

"I suppose my eyes will have to do."  At least they were both on the same page in that aspect.  Livewire fully intended to keep an optic on the troublemaker no matter his behavior during this.  Especially since Kev was informed, and would no doubt pester her for updates every time she met with Daemeon.  A part of Livewire felt a bit miffed at how Kev had responded when she informed him.  She had no technical obligation to tell the noodly alien of her dealings, no, but the thoughts of how he would react if he found out on his own gave her no pleasure.  There was no, "kicked puppy act" to Livewire.  Instead, when someone was acting innocent and sorrowful she only connected it with a downtrodden Kev.   Plus she knew that he was honestly worried about her and felt that not informing him of this would be a slight against her friend.

Livewire let her hand fall back to her side as Daemeon took her contract.  She watched his face carefully as he explained why he couldn't accept it, which she had expected.  The child had figured trying to write a deal for a demon would run into a few problems.  "I expected as much, no offense taken."  Her contract probably wasn't complex enough to constrict the demon's actions in the manner she wanted, anyway.  He was an expert at writing contracts, this was her first attempt.  She listened as he explained his own contract and waited until he finished before offering her counter.

"I've already told Kev that you would be involved.  I figured he would find out eventually, and if he did on his own that it would have greater consequences for the both of us."  She held great respect for the alien's grudges, and from what Kev had shared with her Livewire didn't want to be even associated with one of them.  He might not feel as comfortable talking with her in that case.

Then there was the case of future insurance.  "Part of my contract included that any changes, be it methods or new locations for experimentation or seeding, have to be agreed upon by all of us.  Or both, in this case.   Can you fit that in?"  That last part was just to keep another leash on Daemeon.  She still intended to split the end result, but Livewire wanted to keep the initial batches from getting out of hand for as long as she could.
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Daemeon let out a deep groan of annoyance. “How lucky is that mouthless green buffoon? He seems to always have a connection with whatever I am doing.” The demon ran his hand through his hair. “Oh well, I’ll just have to deal with that fact. More dancing and entertainment for me then.” He was getting quite annoyed with Kev constantly watching him. It was like having another Alexander, except this one would kill him if he got the chance. Looks like I’ll have to toss him a toy or something… He thought, grabbing his own chin and looking at the ground. Just to keep him occupied. Could always kill him. That’ll keep him out of the picture for a bit but then I’ll have his associates to deal with. I’ll have to think about this one.

Looking back at Livewire, he smiled. “Why of course. Democracy is always the best way when working in a group. So if you could sign on the dotted line, we can start this experiment. Unless you have anymore proposals, questions, comments, and/or sudden realizations, I don’t see why we can’t get this experiment on the road. On second thought.” Daemeon snapped his fingers. “Where are these tests going to be held? In the city? Forest? Under the plains? Or perhaps in the mountains?” If he had learned anything from his cruel father, it was location, location, location.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Livewire did not quirk any brow at Daemeon’s insult of her noodly alien friend.  Perhaps the demon wasn’t so aware that Livewire thought.  Maybe he didn’t realize how close she was to Kev, how important the alien was to her.  Or, maybe he did and he just really didn’t care.  Either way, Livewire decided it would be best to keep that little tidbit to herself.  Even if it meant keeping silent when others insulted them, Livewire knew the value of keeping aware of people’s opinions.  It could be the first indication that a strike was coming, and that information could be priceless.  Instead, she would merely shrug.   “Kev has been here for a long time, he is involved in many things.”  She would leave it at that.  Even with Kev’s obvious disapproval for this scheme, Livewire intended to continue.  For science.  Yeah, science.

The child listened to Daemeon’s comment on democracy, and was silently grateful.  If he hadn’t of agreed to that, she might have just called the whole thing off.   Even though she didn’t yet realize it, Livewire had a certain thing about needing to have control.  Be it control over Daemeon, her sister’s suitors, or this crystal formation, Livewire couldn’t relax if she was under another’s control.  Well, that held true except for the few cases where she did trust someone enough to assume control over her, but even then she would be discontent.

Oh, yes his question.  She was expecting that it would come up sooner than later, and here it was.   “I was thinking either the desert or the high mountains.  Somewhere where the temperature and humidity changes are easily predictable and accounted for.”   With that, she looked up at the demon and analyzed him.  It really had been too long, too long for comfort since she had seen him.  She wanted to keep a track on him, and she had been failing to do that duty.  Who knew what sort of things he got up to when she wasn’t around?  After that thought, she reached out and plucked the pen from his hand.  Signing a deal with a demon, just how many stories had she read that warned her to NOT do this?    “Shall we, then?”  She held the pen tip above the contract, waiting on him to agree.   After this, it would be no more updates to Kev.  She was on her own.
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:57 pm

The demon had figured Kev had been a citizen of this world for quite some time given by his power and amount of friends he had here. He surely has to have acquaintances in every nook and cranny. Daemeon thought. But he is probably too ‘noble’ to use these contacts to their fullest extent. Even though he did team up with the Brothers Law to kill me. Oh Daemeon hadn’t quite forgotten about that little incident. A three versus one fight was never fair especially when the loner was running low on steam. It was more of a slaughter than a fight.

Grinning as Livewire sign the document, Daemeon snapped his fingers. The contracted vanished along with the pen. “Thank you for being so open minded. Now for the location.” Hmmm. If we did these experiments in the mountains, there is a chance she could stumble upon my abode. Then it would only be a matter of time until everyone and their siblings would come bursting through my front door to destroy all my precious work. Daemeon quiet thought about this. The contract only protect the experiment. If yellow mech did find the demon’s lair, there would be nothing stopping her from telling everyone. Of course he didn’t give away any sign that Livewire had suggested the testing location to be near his own lab. He would just appear to be in deep thought about the location issue. “Given the time of year, I assume the desert would be the better of the two. With winter on its way, surely the mountains would be bitter cold and unpredictable. There should be very little moisture and desert climate typically follow a steady pattern. Then again with the threat of winter weather, the mountains would guarantee a location without any prying eyes. I doubt anyone would be so ludicrous to go venturing into the mountains.” The demon lightly stroked his chin. “Of course this is assuming this world has a winter. I haven’t been here a year yet so I shouldn’t assume such things.” He gave a wide smile, revealing his sharp teeth. “There is a winter here yes? Or is this area closer to a tropical-like climate?” These were honest questions. When it came to science, the psychotic demon was serious about 98.7 percent of the time.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:19 pm

Yes, that was the way it seemed to go. Those who stayed here could form more bonds, stronger connections with those around.  Be it allies or enemies, forcing people to rub together like this world did would always generate some friction.  

As her pen left the page, Livewire felt a weight take her mind with the disappearance of both it and the paper.  Quick to continue, Daemeon asked about the location for their experiment.  Location was important, as they needed a balance between the ideal location for growing crystals as well as a location that wouldn’t be stumbled across.  

The femme listened to Daemon’s words with careful consideration as she, too, went over the pros and cons between the mountains and the desert.  ”There is a winter here, yes.”   Had he really not been around long enough to know that?   This was a testament to Deameon’s character that he was able to stir up so much trouble without being here a full year yet.  Amazing, frankly.  

With the points he gave, Livewire had to take a moment to consider the decision.  She had also heard rumors of creatures that prowled the wastelands, which would not help their cause at all if they stumbled upon the experiment.   “I think the mountains would be best.   We can try to find a cave system that has minimal temperature changes, which would be best.  I don’t think many things that we’d need to worry about live up in the mountains, either.”
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Well shit. Oh well. Daemeon kept his composure as Livewire answered his question. I’ll have to be careful with my knowledge of the mountains then… He very much didn’t want all of Portal City finding his humble abode. He had no data proving or disproving if Livewire was a gabby gossiper. Best play it on the safe side.

The demon put his hands in his pockets. “Thank you for that information. I remember there being snow on the ground when I arrived here and didn’t want to assume that it was annual occurrence or a weather anomaly.” He looked up at the sky quietly for a few moments. “I hope you are right about nothing living up in dem hills. It would be unfortunate if a pack of predators found our testing site and took up residence there. It would be a taxing time to terminate them.” Daemeon grinned before politely bowing to Livewire.

“It will be a pleasure doing business with you, Livewire. Shall one of us find a testing site or will that be your job? I didn’t want to make any assumptions, but you do know exactly what we will be dealing with. You would know the requirements for an adequate testing facility.” He straightened up and waited for her reply.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:47 pm

A gabby gossiper?  Why, I never!  Livewire prided herself on her ability to keep secrets, for if she did not have it then those willing to share with her would no doubt decrease.  As it were, the child found no reason to suspect that the mountains would hold any significance to Crowley.    As for “dem hills”…

“I believe that roaming creatures would pose a greater risk anywhere else than in the mountains.  I believe that a cave or underground would suit us best, and the predators that could pose a problem in the desert typically dwell underground.” From what she had read, anyway.  Since the first time she had seen a drawing of a Desert Wyrm, Livewire had Nooooooooo desire to go out into the sands.  No thank you, she liked living.  

And so the mountains it was.  As the topic of finding a location was breached, Livewire was made distinctly aware of anxiety coiling in her mind.  She knew that this task would involve leaving the city, had planned for it, but now it was real.  Naturally she should be the one to find it, as she had done the most research on the subject at hand.  Or she felt she had, anyway.   “I’ll be locating the site, yes.”  Even though the thought of venturing into the mountains filled her with dread.  And with the stipulations of the contract, going alone would be the best way to avoid breaking any rules.  But she couldn’t just have Daemeon being idle while she searched, now could she?

Livewire extended her left arm and gently pressed upon the seam in the painted metal.  With a gentle click, it retracted to reveal a black abyss that extended far beyond the confines of her physical form.   “So that you know what we are dealing with…” She trailed off as her hand delved into the pocket and returned a moment later, now holding a small, rectangular package.  Her arm shut fast as she looked over the dull metal of the box.  It was small and simple, with chamfered corners and a simple label of No.7 inked on the top. Taking the container in both hands, Livewire gently squeezed each end and slid the top half from the bottom.  Nestled inside was a small, transparent crystal that filtered the light into a deep blue.  The sample was maybe an inch long and a thumb’s width thick but still Livewire kept all of her motions to a minimum, wary of its potential.  She turned the container to show the fragment to the demon.    “This is an energon crystal.  It is one of fourteen samples I have.” She held it out for a moment longer before her fingers carefully sealed the container again.  “You’ll have access to the rest once I’ve found a location.  Until then, please get familiar with it.”[/color]  She offered it to him, being as still as she could otherwise.  Livewire had developed a very healthy respect for even the smallest fragment of the crystal after she had nearly blown her hand off in a test.
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Watching Livewire carefully, Daemeon tried his best to read her body language. He had a difficult time reading mechs. Androids and robots didn’t exist on Carelia. The Laws of Theus often impeded the progress of technology, usually declaring that such progress would be blasphemous. When Daemeon had left, the lastest gadgets accessible to the public were powered by steam. However, religious artifacts ran off divine energy and only officials knew to work this power. Ironic how sometimes the religious leaders use technology prohibited by their deity’s laws.

“Sounds reasonable.” He nodded slightly. It would be very troublesome if some random desert predator showed up on the test site and went through a genetic mutation or ruined the experiment. The demon continued to examine Livewire as she revealed the key component. She moved extremely slow and with caution. She seemed to act like was about to explode at an second. It was weird. Such a minute sample could result this kind of reaction, it must truly be a volatile substance.

With a wave of his hand, a soft violet glow surrounded the box. It slowly ascended until it was about eye level with the demon, then steadily floated towards him. Keeping it at least a foot away from his person, Daemeon walked around the small cube. He stopped a few times to get a better look then continued his rounds. Pacing around the container three times, he stopped so it was between him and the yellow mech. “Tiny sample but very… interesting. Can you give me any kind of helpful information on this subject? By the way you handled it, I’m assuming it can be quite volatile.” The demon was not too keen on losing his abode any time soon.

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:57 am