Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Re: Under the Stars

Post by Prixlezub on Sat May 02, 2015 12:48 am

Alas Kev, telepathy and telekinesis were not the same as pyromancy or raining lightning down upon one's enemies as masters were wont to. Thankfully this did not deter him from wanting to learn more about the arcane arts, as he still wished to learn more of the basic lessons. "That would be best, Kev." The demon replied, giving a small nod of approval.

However, that would not be all that the alien was not deterred from.

Six fiery eyes watched dispassionately as Kev's body stiffened at his words, denial sputtered from his thoughts as he frantically attempted to argue otherwise. Such was his upset that his fingers rutted into the dirt, his grueling attempt at understanding what was laid out before him much like one who had just come face to face with the fact they were doomed with a terminal disease. The unmistakable stink of fear stung in his grill openings as the alien's thoughts stuttered to believe otherwise. Had this possibility been so painful all along that he placed denial before reality? For a moment the demon's thoughts began to wonder just who else Kev had come in contact with and would have rather swept an obvious toxicity under the rug to fester; out of sight and out of mind.

Prixlezub's thorny brows furrowed slightly at his pondering. Much like one who had experience with pointing out what one did not wish to see, there was little need to tell the frantic green alien to calm himself, that he would be able to do on his own, as he came to reflect and understand. Kev's outburst however began to quell, even if slightly, as he looked down at his lap. Despite how his fingers were still curled into the dirt, Kev's tone at the very least had begun to level out.

Already he could begin to see the kryptostanian begin to puzzle things out, his words gradual, questioning. However they were more to himself than to the demon prince sitting next to him. Prixlezub had heard well enough of how the leader of BLACKCAT had died, wasted away on liquor after abandoning those he was supposed to lead and all that he had promised to protect by putting his so-called organization in place. Terra's fate had only been learned now, but as for whether it was justified? It had been folly to name her matriarch when she knew so little about them, and it was folly to push her away so brashly after finding that it was not a wise decision to name her so. Regardless, the prince was content to remain silent and let the alien reflect, to find the answer on his own instead of spoon feed them to him. A mental sigh tickled his mind and he observed his form lax and slump with his weary acknowledgement. Only he had heard his snarl did the alien tense and look up at him, though did not voice the question that was in his eyes.

Perhaps later on he would press it. For now, the demon merely rumbled a simple yet respectful; "Apologies if I have startled you, Kev."

Nonetheless, anxiety turned to denial, then to reflection and acknowledgement. Slowly the alien was beginning to see what was festering in the dark for so long. "Hmm, an insolent child and a parasite." The demon's disapproving hum was all he had to say on that matter. As for Kev's insight as to why he had tolerated the troll child's abusive nature? It was for the sake of possibly making a friend. A noble goal, he supposed, but there are those that are best left to fester in their own venom. "Not everyone can be a friend, and not all you believe can be friends will truly see you as a friend. I remember Zurg had once mentioned a mortal term to me; frienemies. I believe this situation would be where it is best applied." Smoke lightly curled from between his fangs with each spoken word, his voice casing the sand once again to stir and shudder. "Have you heard of this term as well?" He questioned, with all that Kev tended to visit the Sanctuary, likely he may have heard it spoken before.

Again, there was that stink of fear, a shudder traveling down the alien's body before his large eyes focused upon the dusty ground again. When the alien had decided to speak again, it apparently had been due to the demon prince effectively "hitting the nail on the head". While he had not spoken this, the way he had acknowledged the prince's insight was reminiscent of a certain monarch who had come to visit one midsummer eve. Much like the monarch, in the end he came to his own conclusion on the matter. A desire to be with those he was closest to and a desire to become stronger and better himself were voiced, which presumably brought a rather approving hum from the demon's throat. "That would be best." He replied, respectful in his tone yet something glad seemed to lightly lace it. "I wish you the best in your endeavors. To admit there is a problem is only the first step." To go ahead and fully better himself would be a long road, a commitment that did not humor disregard lest the alien fall back to his old habits.

Should he come out the other side, he would be better off, and a far more respectable being.

That aside, Kev's gaze reflected in the demon's blade as he kept an eye on it. However, there was little to fear so long as the alien kept on his good behavior. Other than recalling her behavior, it appeared Kev had little else to say about the troll-child. He supposed that enigmatic may be another word to add to the list of descriptions. The Leopard Warrior however was regarded with far more enthusiasm, and for good reason. The Ss'ruul were not only localized to the event regarding the Nazaj'ir. "That I would not disagree with, during our expedition as well to the jungles, he carried himself with dignity and honor. However I do not believe I have heard of this event regarding the robots before." He rumbled, curious.

How much had he missed?
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri May 08, 2015 12:27 am

Kev nodded in return. "Maybe I could have a better idea of what may mesh better with my own abilities." The books he'd read seemed to read like the people with the ability to use those powers were born with it. They either had the power before or they had a sensitivity to it that they used the books to harness and focus. Maybe if he read enough books, with a variety between them, he could find something he was sensitive to.

The demon had led Kev to a deep moment of introspection, questioning both himself and the actions of those from the past, and the whole way through, he could feel all six of Prixlezub's blazing eyes. Kev almost felt uncomfortable, but by this point, he was used to this feeling. Feeling as though he were under a microscope. Feeling like someone was looking right through him, straight on through to identify his weaknesses. Fear had made him feel like this too. The demon and the corpse did not use kid-gloves, they were blunt and straight forward, and he could appreciate such traits. Though it also scared him, in some ways. He certainly never expected for these topics to come up when he first came to the wastelands. It was a little uncomfortable but...there was a reason to consider such things. He could not ignore what was right in front of his face, not anymore. Prixlezub apologized for the snarl, the circumstances of which till made the alien curious, but Kev nodded his head gently. "It's fine, you had a reason to snarl, I'm sure. As long as I'm not the reason why you snarled, I don't mind if you do." If Kev were the reason why Prixlezub was irritated enough to snarl, there was much cause for concern. As it was, Prixlezub snarled because of the past, not because of Kev.

An insolent child and a parasite...it was scary to admit, but when he really thought about it...Kev nodded in agreement. "Yes...yes he was." One of Megamind's flaws was a tendency to fall into trouble and exacerbate situations. It was a flaw that was pointed out regarding Jak as well. It was only fail to admit that Karkat, who openly antagonized people, had the same flaw. The words that Prixlezub said next were words that Kev had been steadily learning. Once one had been dubbed a friend, he tended to stick by them for as long as he could. It was hard to stop thinking of them as a friend, at least until they finally crossed the line. And just because Kev may see someone as a friend doesn't mean they might see him the same way, his thoughts turning to the Dark Judge. That term though...was not something he had been learning. Kev pulled his head back slightly, head tilting to the side before giving a shake. "I've never heard of that term, no. It sounds like a mix of...friends and enemies? It reminds me of...a troll relationship. It was a hateful relationship that usually involved intimately hating each other, and I've seen some people who dislike each other yet are drawn to each other. Is that similar?"

Kev's conclusion earned a hum, one filled with approval and when Prixlezub spoke, it was respectful and yet...glad. The demon seemed to approve of Kev's choice, it was preferable to collapsing in the sand and crying out to the night sky. But that could never be an option, would never be an option. The alien had done enough crying, and he'd be satisfied to never cry again. "Thank you. I'll do my best and I'll try not to let you or anyone else down." Nobody was without their flaws, and some flaws kept one from being conceited...but some flaws needed to be honed. If they weren't, one would go the way of so many others before. Much like collapsing in the sand and crying, that would never be an option he'd allow for himself. "Now that I've taken the first step, I'll continue til I'm at the end of this path." He would not give up.

Prixlezub was in agreement, the Leopard Warrior carried himself with an air of nobility and strength, like a knight of old. However, it seems Prixlezub had not heard about the event with the robots! It seemed to be during the time when he had disappeared for a while! Surely it had come up during their previous meeting? The alien tilted his head, and found that the memory was difficult to conjure. If he did tell Prixlezub, perhaps he had forgotten to tell him of the leopard warrior. Besides, he didn't much mind telling the story. He had told it numerous times, it was easy to forget who he had told it to.

The alien shifted position, more relaxed and easygoing as he pondered where to start. "A satellite up in space was sort of...blasting this virus into all of the robots. I think the satellite was from Flashman's world because they called it Ra Moon. The robots started to get annoyed and twitchy and angry. We started getting angry too, though I don't know if it was because of the robots or the satellite. Eventually the robots just completely flipped, and started to attack people in the city. The ISOs put up a shield. The leopard warrior appeared on the other side of the shield though, he was stuck outside, and he gave us important information. He pointed out that there had to be something they were attracted to, and it turned out to be these odd black orbs in the city. Kinda weird for them to attack people if they wanted those orbs, but eh...satellite virus stuff probably makes you act crazy. The shield would eventually break, so we decided to gather the orbs and lead them away. The orbs seemed to affect organics too though, so we tried not to touch them too much. The leopard warrior left, but he rejoined with us when we lead the robots away and got ready to fight them. He brought with him the Ss'ruul people, who were riding insect steeds. With their numbers, we managed to pin them down and shut them down, so that the scientists in our group could get rid of the virus that was inside of them. It took a lot of work, there were a lot of robots, but with their help, we shut them all down. We parted ways after that, but I remember him especially because when I was trying to take down a wirewolf that wasn't Skyler, he saved me. He grabbed me by my cape and got me onto his steed, before setting me down away from the wirewolf. It was pretty memorable." An interesting character, that Leopard Warrior.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon May 11, 2015 3:04 am

The schools of the arcane were promising, but whether or not the alien would find and fulfill his potential would remain to be seen. At the very least, Kev could gain some knowledge that spread over a larger range than the specific area that he had been rutting about.

Certainly, the demon had plenty of reason to snarl, but did Kev know what caused it truly? Even so, if the alien had grown curious enough to inquire as to what exactly was behind the prince's disdainful expression, it could not be said that it would be revealed. However, so long as the alien had stated he was relieved that the snarl was not about him, there was no reason to divulge.

For the best, as with most things left unsaid.

The topic soon was moved to that of the troll children. Unsurprisingly Kev held little choice but to agree after all that history had to show for much of their existence upon this odd plane. Parasitic, manipulative and toxic, many of the grey skinned creatures were better off in being wiped from existence. Whether they had moved to another gamma or were simply lead into the void, the demon did not know, and frankly had no inclination to look into it. As for Kev's attempt to figure the meaning of frienemies, the demon listened and pondered it for a moment before furrowing his brow and giving a small shake of his boxy head. "No, Kev. A frienemy is one that acts as a friend, but in the same moment has the potential to do something malicious and spiteful. They are those that merely get close in order to hurt, while enjoying the benefits that a friend would receive from another by feigning remorse." Prixlezub explained, grey smoke curling from his maw to mingle with the night sky. "It has very little to do with any of the troll children's... quadrants." The less they compared this to their vexing culture, the better.

Speaking of things getting better, Kev apparently was set on bettering himself. From start to finish he would be set on making himself better, although the demon knew well enough that his inspired words were not for the infernal royalty sitting next to him, but for the alien himself. Kev would need to be the one who required self support to stay to his effort.

As for the Leopard Warrior and the event regarding the robots, Prixlezub remained silent as he listened. Kev shifted, now at ease with the turn of the conversation, and found a place to begin. As he spoke, the demon found some inkling of familiarity arise in his mind, like a faint echo of something he had idly observed but paid little mind to. Upon hearing the battle in further detail, something akin to a grin spread across his features, sharp metallic teeth somewhat visible behind his thick lips. Ah yes, the Wily bots. He remembered them well.

To hear that they had been squashed was a pleasing note to his ears.

"It would likely be the satellite that is the culprit, Kev. Unless there was a similar event like that regarding SIR and his ambition to fight a god." He deduced methodically. As for why the others were so irritable? Likely it was due to some sort of radiation that the orbs gave off, a certain frequency perhaps. However, there was only one way to find out, and that was to ask. "Did anyone complain of any odd feelings in their heads or bodies during the event?" Prixlezub wondered. As for the rest of the story, the demon could not help but find it very odd that the robots would attack everyone over the orbs as well. At this his brow furrowed, "How odd." The demon rumbled, "Should the frequency demand that they collect the orbs, that should be all that they do."

For beings that were dictated by algorithms and logic, they certainly acted very illogically. Or so the demon would think. Even more strange was how the orbs had affected organics as well. Hmm... "This story grows more puzzling the more you tell, Kev. However, I must ask, was there anything noticeable radiating from the orbs? A heat of any kind or symptoms aside from poor attitude." the demon wondered once again. However, it appeared that they would be fighting the robots despite having the orbs outside of the city. "Were the orbs offered, Kev? Or did they wish to fight regardless of the terms?" Otherwise, the rest of the fight went as one would predict, although the demon did wonder about a few more things regarding this odd circumstance.

"After the scientists had removed the virus, what became of the orbs and the satellite?" Certainly those could not have been left to sit and gather dust until another "Ra Moon" transpired.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu May 14, 2015 5:39 am

Though Kev was unfamiliar with the term 'frienemy', once Prixlezub explained what the term meant...there was no doubt that Kev was indeed familiar with what a frienemy was. A frienemy acted as a friend, but they got close merely to hurt rather then to establish connections or get to know someone. They had the potential to harm, and usually did act on such potential while feigning remorse. Kev was not so sure about this description pertaining to Karkat. At least...not for his relationship with Kev. He hadn't done enough to act remorseful about it. There had also been that time where Karkat seemed to fold in on himself, making himself the sole defender of the trolls while pushing away others. Karkat seemed remorseful but...was he really? Or did he just feel bad to be caught? Did he just regret that others got in the way? Karkat had been such a vitriolic little thing...it was hard to understand the reasons behind his actions. Did he really feel bad for his temper? Or did he merely dislike being caught? "You're right. When you explained it, it...doesn't have anything to do with the quadrants at all." Love based on pity, loved based on hate, friendship that involved keeping one calm and pacified, and a mediator between two people who hated each other. Neither of those were frienemies, though kismesis was close. However, people in a kismesis were upfront about their potential to harm each other. In fact, it was usually why they even started the relationship. But with the frienemies... "Frienemies sound...toxic." Toxic, dangerous...definitely something he'd be keeping in mind for the future.

Indeed, Kev's words were not so much promises to the demon Prince so much as they were promises to himself. Even saying the words to himself seemed to make any tension melt away. It was hard to stay upset with such a great view above them as well, the stars sparkling to provide a pleasing backdrop as Kev relayed the story to Prixlezub. The alien was a little impressed he had managed to remember as much as he did. It was hard to believe it had been almost a couple of years by now, and it had been pretty stressful. Watching their robot friends suddenly flip out and attack innocents. Trying to figure out what to do without much structure or idea of what was going on. "I agree, if the satellite could affect robots, it probably affected us too. We didn't even know about it's existence at the time though, so I thought my feelings were my own. A few...arguments with some of the robots involved helped that too." Odd feelings...? Kev narrowed his eyes in thought, trying to think. "Other then hostility and anger, I think the organics were alright. The robots...they were all over the place. It was hard to garner how they felt. They were just...going crazy. Though, when we touched the orbs, they definitely did something. Burnt skin, turned it blackish, seemed to give off some sort of power high type of feeling. Also made it a little hard to think. As for what we did with them, we wound up agreeing to use them to lead them away. I wanted to maybe speak sense or negotiate with them, but I guess they weren't exactly in the state of...robot mind to listen. As for actually offering the orbs to them, I guess we weren't sure what would happen if they took the orbs. We lead them away with them instead, and tried to keep them from touching them. It's possible getting in contact with the energy in the orbs may have made them stronger, or made the virus stronger."

Naturally, Prixlezub had a few questions about how everything had ended, and Kev brought his arms up to rest them upon his knees as he pondered. He wanted to make sure he remember this right, for getting any detail wrong could be embarrassing. What happened to the orbs...the satellite was easier, but the orbs? "The AI created a body for itself made of the black energy goop, and we attacked it. The Leopard Warrior and I dealt the final blows, and as it was dying it initiated a self-destruct sequence. We all got away, but the satellite itself, blew up. As for the orbs, when we were done with the robots and we approached the city, the ISOs conjured up this...blue circle for us. Walking into it got rid of all of the black stains and burning sensation from the orbs, as well as destroying them. I'm not sure what the circle was made of, it seemed to be some...'code' thing." Rather hard to identify, but it seemed to do the trick!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu May 14, 2015 9:24 pm

"Depending on the intention, it can be." Prixlezub replied evenly, "In regards to being rivals however, being a frienemy is something that is not so much looked down upon. There is supposed to be that kind of tension there for it to work." In regards to being actual friends however, a frienemy is something that was best avoided.

Back to more interesting topics, Prixlezub listened on as Kev elaborated upon the matter that was the Ra Moon incident. Interestingly enough, when an organic touched one of the orbs their flesh burned and turned black, feeling very energized... Now where had he heard of something like that before? "The effects of these orbs remind me of what one would suffer under the influence of Phazon. They too made one feel powerful at the expense of one's senses." The demon mused thoughtfully. As for what they did with the orbs, given that they made an organic feel stronger, it was reasoned that it could make the machines stronger along with their virus. All the same, it made little sense with these details... "Robots and mortals are very different creatures, if the orbs were meant for them, one would think that there would be no effect on organic creatures." Or so he reasoned. Speaking of the orbs, there was another odd case concerning them as well.

As if to second the demon's curious thoughts, a lone coyote howled in the distance. Even at night this desert was not completely dead, although while they lingered up here, they needn't worry about any opportunistic wildlife thinking to take a bite of the two... Or more, Kev. Between the both of them he was the most tender.

"I noticed you never mentioned how the orbs came to be in the city." He added after a moment of thought. Certainly he had said how the black orbs had been destroyed, albeit in a very odd fashion. A ring of code that removed the effects of the devices as well as destroyed them... The satellite on the other hand was handled in a fashion that was to be expected. It self destructed before the party could get to the heart of it.

Otherwise, the demon was rather impressed so far with how much the alien was able to recall.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri May 15, 2015 5:11 am

Ah, so frienemies actually did describe rivals as well? Rivals usually did feed off of that tension, of possibly harming each other if they had to, which made him think again of the kismesis relationship. Perhaps without the hate, though. Rivals and frienemies didn't sound like a relationship built on hate, merely...allowing each other a window to harm each other while benefiting from some sort of friendship. "Rivalries sound...complex." It was not a type of relationship that he was very knowledgeable about.

The demon caught on to the similarities, and the alien made a small noise of displeasure, coupled with a nod. "I thought so, too. Especially with the robots going absolutely crazy and demanding for the stuff..." Couple that with the power, the urge to get violent...yep. Ra Moon's energy was discount Phazon. "It's why I didn't really want to touch those orbs...but, to lead them away, we had to touch them and carry them away from the city. Granted, I do have these gloves, but I was concerned about them getting clogged up or destroyed. I figured I'd need the firepower later, after all. Though if I had known we would have gotten to just...get rid of the infection and all anyway, I would have gotten these things absolutely slathered in the stuff, just to keep it off my scales!" Prixlezub was quick to point out another odd detail, and the alien nodded his head in agreement. "Good point. After all, even Phazon could not affect robots. This stuff was basically a lesser version of Phazon, so why would it affect robots and organics?" That was a detail he remembered very clearly, as before the infection had taken it's more insane turn, he remembered that Livewire had wound up touching the Phazon, and they had all thought that she would be infected, or die. None of them happened, though naturally having the stuff on her made it possible for her to pass it on to others, so she kept her distance anyway.

A sudden howl ripped through the air, Kev's scales rippling for a moment as a chill shuddered its way up his spine. Brrr...sounded rather spooky. Though given that he was high up, with a giant car demon, he was pretty sure that he was safe! ...Well...mostly sure. A few moments of silence and the alien scooted ever so slightly closer to the demon, eyeing the area over the borders of Prixlezub's tail as if waiting to see if the wolf or coyote would come leaping over. None ever did appear, thankfully, and the alien relaxed. He turned his attention back to Prixlezub, and again turned to his memories for an answer. They knew there was the satellite up in space, that was Ra Moon...they knew the robots started going crazy, demanding those orbs. But where had the orbs come from...? "I...actually have no idea. Ra Moon was in space, and surely we would have noticed a satellite dropping orbs of black energy onto the city. The robots didn't put them in the city themselves either, or else they wouldn't demand to know where the orbs were. So...I really don't know. I do know that the body Ra Moon made for himself looked exactly like the energy within the orbs, so the two are directly related. And Ra Moon comes from another dimension like we all do so...maybe the day he appeared up in space from a portal, that same day, those orbs appeared in the city." Kev put a bit more thought into his suggestion, though, and shook his head. "Mm, no...sounds way too coincidental. Maybe he had an accomplice of some kind...but whoever it was, we never found or encountered him."

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat May 16, 2015 8:54 pm

Rivalries being complex? Who would have thought. At Kev's naive answer, the demon prince gave a rumbling, amused chuckle. "They can be, but not always." Prixlezub elaborated upon this further, smoke curling from his grill openings as he looked out to the night sky. "Rivalries, at their core, are merely friendly competition. One tries to beat the other in what they are doing as a means of showing superiority. The other of course does the same after being defeated, usually taking effort to learn from their rival to better themselves if they are smart. It is a cycle that tends to continuously occur until either party grows too tired to continue, or they find someone else who is more worth their time." The demon's amused look faded for a moment, as if pondering something before he returned his gaze to Kev. "It is not unheard of however for rivals to become friends after a time. Like all things, it depends on the parties involved." Hopefully that helped the small green alien to better understand things.

Or perhaps he needed to experience it for himself to really understand.

Either way, the demon was content to listen as Kev went on about the Ra Moon incident. So Kev touched the stuff with his bare hands out of worry for his gloves... That certain was a very odd reason, considering that this place tended to mend whatever events took away from others. Although, if that were truly the case Kev would still have all of his sheep after the incident regarding the Phazon. All the same, there should have been some kind of shop around in the city that could sell apparel similar to Kev's gloves. All the same, those were his only means for self defense, were they not? "I could see how you would wish to keep your gloves free of any debris should you need to defend yourself. All the same, if that would be the case, why not let another carry the orb and let yourself be free of both risking your equipment and your health?" The prince reasoned.

As for the odd effects of the orbs that could be suffered by both organic and inorganic creatures, Prixlezub gave a small shake of his horned head. "It makes little sense." He agreed. Viruses that were meant for robotic constructs were supposed to stay to robotic constructs. Kev had never said that Phazon could corrupt mechanical beings as well as organic ones.

At the distant howl, despite how many miles away that coyote may be, Kev had moved himself closer to him and in turn his blisteringly hot presence. Even with how the prince had subdued his infernal aura, Kev would be wise to keep his distance from the demon's crimson hide. "There are no animals up here, Kev. The only ones that would be able to ascend to the top of this bluff are sleeping." Prixlezub stated, watching as the diminutive green alien peeked over his tail to see if the coyote was nearby. After a moment of quiet, Kev turned back around to speak with him again. As expected, he did not seem to know how the orbs came to be in the city. For them to merely materialize in the city limits upon Ra Moon's arrival was admittedly rather convenient, too much so to be true. For a moment, Prixlezub pondered the possibility of there being an accomplice before shaking his head. "If that was the case, they likely may have left with Ra Moon or were killed during the incident." Interesting how the entity's body looked exactly like the energy that the orbs held within them, perhaps it was the being's own essence. All the same, it was getting rather late for Kev.

"It is getting late, perhaps we should be heading back to your home." The demon offered after a few moments of thought. "It would be best if I carried you back instead of leaving you to wander and possibly become a predator's meal." So far as Kev knew, there could be a whole pack of coyotes waiting for him at the bottom of their perch.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 am

They certainly seemed complex to Kev, though at least better then an outright toxic relationship. Two people, intentionally forming a relationship based on a skewed version of friendship that allows them to also harm each other if they had to? It was definitely a relationship that he had never learned of before. Prixlezub explained further, that rivalries were more about friendly competition between two people, and that he understood a bit more. Kev himself wasn't too competitive, but he'd known some competitive people.So if one was a frienemy with someone who thought they were friends, that was obviously toxic. However, if both knew they were frienemies and rivals, it was something that both knew and understood. Like an agreement! "I see...so by trying to get one over each other and doing these competitive activities, they are getting to better themselves with someone they know won't kill them or betray them." The alien would have used the word 'trust' but...it seemed like it may not fit in the rivalry relationship. Though Prixlezub did end his explanation with the suggestion that rivals could become friends after a time. Indeed, if both people involved found that their needs were fulfilled by their rivals, they probably could grow to be friends! "That makes a lot more sense, thank you. Now it doesn't seem so complicated." It was a way for both people to show their stuff and improve themselves! Not so complex and strange after all.

The demon brought up a good point, and indeed, in hindsight he really wished he'd just used his gloves to carry the damned orbs. But, when you're in a rush and you aren't thinking critically, mistakes of all kinds can happen. From grabbing an orb that burned the skin to killing the very God that was giving you life. The alien wrung his hands sheepishly at the thought, knowing how foolish he probably seemed. More worried about weapons then his own health...what use were weapons if he had died? "By the time I found any orbs, everybody else had already walked off to the edge of the shield to start luring the robots away. Frankly, I'm surprised that we had apparently found all of the orbs that were in the city anyway...unless they were all just wiped out by the ISOs. They can do that, perform a city-wide sweep, so long as they know what to look for." How many people had been there, about 10 to 15...? Could they all have really found all of the orbs? Even if they had two to three a piece, that seemed like the most half-hearted effort to spread corrupting orbs throughout the city. Especially since it was centered in one area of the city and apparently nowhere else...unless the robots just went through that many orbs. The alien sighed. "I didn't think to ask anyone to carry the orbs for me. By the time I'd found the orbs on my own and saw I was being left behind, I just snatched them up and followed after everyone. I figured we'd all have to carry our own weight, though it would have been better to lessen our contact with the orbs by putting them in something to carry them. Like a cart. At least then, we'd have minimal contact with it." Alas, such was the past. He could come up with many ideas that were better then what they had done, but he couldn't really change anything about what had happened.

Kev nodded his head in emphatic agreement. "In hindsight, a lot of it doesn't make sense." Robotic bodies and organic bodies were both very different. Very few things could affect them in the same way! "For example, a few years ago, things were going really strange. You remember this story, because it lead up to us fighting Portal X, who was possessed by SIR. The things he was doing affected robots and organics differently. Robots were very twitchy. Not randomly killing people, no, but they were edgy and seemed very anxious. It was due to some sort of incessant static only they could pick up, that they heard for days on end. Organics...for us it felt like everything had lost its zest. Eating and drinking was strange, like you couldn't taste anything. The sun stopped shining through the clouds, and everything seemed to have gone gray. And for anyone who was an organic with robotic limbs, they had to deal with the same thing as an organic while having their limbs go haywire and glitch. Different reactions to the things going on." Because they weren't the same. Even among the robots and organics themselves, there were differences.

Though Kev had moved closer in hopes of gaining a protective presence, what he had instead was a nice, searing one. Just as quick as he had shuffled closer, he soon moved himself backwards again. He knew Prixlezub wasn't at his hottest but yeesh, the demon was still so warm! For a moment, he imagined the demon walking through the icelands, gliding through the icebergs and snow like a warm knife through butter. "Oh, I see. Good! Very good, in that case..." Kev wouldn't be on the menu tonight, no sir! Kev folded his legs beneath himself and watched Prixlezub carefully as they considered the possibility of an accomplice. With a mighty shake of his head, the demon declared that if there had indeed been an accomplice, they were likely dead already, or had simply left. "Good point...nothing with Ra Moon or those orbs has ever resurfaced, all this time. If there was an accomplice and he was still here, he probably would have done something by now."

Prixlezub pointed out how late it was getting, offering to give Kev a lift back to the cottage. Though Kev had made his way to their meeting spot without much worry or trouble, going back in the dark like this wouldn't be wise. Kev may have night vision, but night vision wouldn't save him from a pack of coyotes waiting on the ground for a new feast. Kev picked himself up off of the ground, patting himself to dislodge a few grains of sand before nodding up to the demon. "Thank you, Prixlezub. I'd very much enjoy a ride back to the cottage! And...thank you for listening, too." The visit had been much better then he'd expected it to be, despite the anxiety he first felt on his way here.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu May 21, 2015 4:34 am

In a way Kev, in a way...While the alien had gotten the initial gist of what a rivalry was, the demon could not help but feel a need to add a few important details that may or may not have been misconstrued. "They learn from each other, yes, but not all rivalries are so keen on keeping their rivals alive. Some are rivaled in an attempt to try and kill the other off. Usually this would occur when one rival has decided that the other is no longer a challenge." Much like what had occurred with the false Megamind, now that the prince had considered it...

Alas, the past was the past. Memories of the unworthy dead need not haunt his mind, not when there were far more pressing matters that required his attention. "You are welcome, Kev." Prixlezub rumbled in reply, glad that he could aid the smaller creature in sorting out that conundrum. Especially since the matter regarding the orbs did not seem to be so easily mended.

A grouping of orbs left in one single area of the city, easily found and removed despite their purpose. Especially odd considering the ISO's abilities. "Indeed, prior to you telling me this, you had mentioned that they had destroyed the orbs easily upon reentering the city. It makes little sense that they would allow something so dangerous to remain in the city until only after you all returned from battling Ra Moon." The demon agreed, a rumble shaking the air for a moment while he pondered. "Should the ISO's be able to perform a city-wide sweep, they could have destroyed the orbs and the robots would turn their attention elsewhere." He rationalized after some silence. The need for a cart, hauling the orbs about to lead the robots away, it all would have been neutralized. To think that was not even the oddest part of it all.

"Yes, the incident involving SIR did make far more sense than this one. Many events before and after this incident involving Ra Moon made far more sense." Prixlezub rumbled, wondering if perhaps there was a way that the whole event had been able to be pulled off through a a massive break in sense. "For the best that they are no longer active in their efforts, regardless of their presumed existence or worth in this scheme." He added dismissively. The two of them had spent long enough contemplating all of this under the light of the starry sky. It was time they made for Kev's cottage so the alien could get some sleep.

At his thanks, the demon prince nodded his head with a rumble, "You are welcome, Kev." He replied, lowering his head to the ground so he could easily climb astride his horns.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri May 22, 2015 12:22 pm

So some rivals do try to kill each other?! Yeesh! The alien blinked at Prixlezub several times before his head inclined to the side. "Are they aware of that when they first start their rivalry or is the attempted murder...sort of a surprise?" It almost reminded him of his own situation with Daemeon. Daemeon liked to mess with Kev, and Kev was eager to kill Daemeon off for good. Though Prixlezub explained that killing the other off could be decided because the rival was no longer a good rival. "Aah, I see." He nodded his head, his years on the Breach had made him used to the idea of someone being killed for reasons such as that, sometimes quite justified. Unaware of Prixlezub's own memories regarding Megamind, he nodded his head at the demon's rumble. Though rivalries were still strange when compared to other relationships, he could now see where it had its merits.

Prixlezub had a point, with such powers the ISOs could have instantly deleted the orbs from existence. However, Kev may have had an explanation. "I think they only deleted them after we had found them and come back with them, because they didn't know about them. I only know that they have such powers because I went to them regarding this demon who had left crystals around the city in an attempt to corrupt people. Without me informing them of it, and giving them a sample of the crystals so that they knew what to find, they didn't seem to know that crystals were being left around in the city. I think it's a loophole...leaving something like that laying around for others to grab so that anything that happens to them is technically their fault. Whoever put those orbs in the cities didn't necessarily 'make' the robots grab them or make them attack innocent citizens. And when the ISOs first reacted to the situation, they reacted to the robots that were starting trouble by putting up a shield against them." Though Kev had seen himself that trying to harm someone seemed to summon the ISOs, doing something that didn't directly harm someone might not register to them. The ISOs weren't exactly like the all-seeing Portal X.

Kev nodded his head in agreement, though he did hold up one hand and made a 'so-so' motion. "For the most part..." There were a couple of instances that still stuck out...for instance, how did Portal O get Nergal and steal him away without Portal X knowing or able to stop him? Why exactly did Hanna have a dark God residing within his chest? Their fears and regrets had made that glitchy version of X, and somehow that made monsters appear. How, exactly? At least during the fight, they faced their fears and regrets, but the random monsters that ran all over the place...? What did they have to do with anything? "Some things are best left in the past." And the mysterious accomplice, if they even existed, was likely gone. It was definitely for the best, if anything else happened that involved a material or some sort of goo that changed how people think, he was going to board himself in the cottage and retract from society. It was the only way. "Yes, without Flash-Man and his siblings here, Ra moon and all of that is best left in the dust." It would just give them a disadvantage.

The demon prince again replied to Kev's thanks, before lowering his head so that Kev could climb on. With a nod to Prixlezub, Kev stepped forward and made his way up the horns, keeping his foothold steady as he climbed up. He didn't climb up too far though, situating himself among the horns so that he was in a comfortable sitting position. He definitely didn't feel uneasy up here, quite secure in the demon's horns. "Ready when you are." It was the demon's call as for when they climb down the plateau.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri May 29, 2015 1:22 am

Indeed, were the two rivals aware at the very start... "It depends on the nature of the rivalry. Some have it purely for the interest of attempting to kill each other off as well as the interest of trying to gain superiority over the other." Prixlezub explained, iterating all of this as one would speak of the weather. A rivalry, whether it be murderous or not, was seen as completely normal.

As for the ISO's, the demon could only quirk a brow at their reasoning for not purging them earlier. If they did not know about any sort of contaminating agent in the city, they could do nothing about it. Logical, yes, but at the same time the demon prince could not help but wonder as to why they had never thought to tell the ISO's of the orbs first instead of dragging them out of the city. Although, given what Kev had mentioned about the crystals Daemeon had left about, likely no one else knew they could destroy the orbs either. "Interesting, so the ISO's are very powerful, but not all knowing." He rumbled thoughtfully. As well, they acted upon obvious threats instead of more subtle ones... Very interesting indeed.

Filing that bit of information away for future reference, the demon shifted his thoughts back upon the green alien. With all that had left taking that particular event with them, it was agreed that the story was better left to fade and be forgotten. The demon merely gave a small hum and lifted his head once Kev was situated upon his horns. "Very well, let's make our way back." He replied, although his passenger would soon find they were not going to descend the butte the same way that they had ascended. Instead, the prince approached the edge of the massive stone face, crouching slightly as if in preparation... "I suggest you hold tight." He advised, leaving room for only a breath between his statement and the sound of stone crumbling beneath his weight as he pushed off.

From stories up they plummeted, the world going sideways as the demon's spine aligned with their fall. Massive claws stretched forward and fanned out to stab into the ground upon landing, the end of his descent accompanied by loud thunder and a cloud of dust rolling up from under him. With nary a beat skipped, the demon resumed his towering posture and proceeded to trot off into the desert. Once Kev was dropped off at the cottage, he would need to make a few errands...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:17 am

Rivals that actively tried to kill one another or gain superiority over the other...it reminded him of what Zurg and Buzz had. What Zurg tried to get with Metro Man. He wanted a rival who would try to gain superiority over him in a fight, that he could also gain superiority over. The Breach might be lacking somewhat in rivals... "It sounds like there aren't 'unofficial' rules to this thing. It just kinda...varies depending on the people, right?" The demon's casual tone was not unnoticed either, the Prince obviously well versed in rivals and used to how they may operate, for better or for worse. A murderous rivalry sounded caution-worthy to the alien. Even if he wanted to kill Daemeon, he didn't want the demon to think he could try and kill Kev in return. Daemeon didn't deserve that.

As for the ISOs and the orbs, well...the whole situation really was an odd one in hindsight. The ISOs didn't have much of a public presence either, their raising of the shield was probably the first Kev had ever seen of them himself. They had been assumed omniscient, perhaps. And after Phazon, he didn't realize they could wipe things out all at once. The crystals, he'd been a bit more desperate. The fact that they actually could do something about them was like a happy surprise. Kev nodded in agreement with Prixlezub. "Exactly, or so I think...that was what I got from them, at least." He didn't want to assume too much...he'd done enough of that already.

Beneath Kev's feet and where he'd sat himself upon Prixlezub's horns, he could feel the hum the demon made. The head lifted up and his grip tightened to prepare himself, keeping himself balanced and even bending into the lifting motion so that he wouldn't be jostled. Prixlezub announced that they would leave, walking to the cliff and crouching himself. With a warning to hold on tight as his only hint, Kev's arms wrapped themselves around the horn tightly as the demon leaped down. Not that Kev was watching the fall of course, because his eyes were shut tightly in anticipation, body leaning into the horn. He dared not move too much, as the sounds of the rough landing echoed around them. Stone crumbled, and it sounded as if lightning had struck several times at once. Had he opened his eyes in time, maybe he would have seen a crater beneath them. By the time Kev had forced his eyes open, the demon was already well on his way through the desert. Kev tossed a glance behind them, the butte a mere twinkle behind them by now. "Whoa..." With the demon as his guide and transportation, it didn't take nearly as long to reach the cottage. Farewells were exchanged before both parted ways, each with much to think about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:13 pm