Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Under the Stars

Post by Kev on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:20 am

The alien's face flattened into a more serious look as the demon brought up how their own home worlds did not have the luxuries that this world did. It was true, their worlds would not refresh themselves after a disaster. If something happened, they lived with the consequences. "I'd rather people take it for granted than lose this place due to things we cannot prevent. You're right, my world was finite. And before ever coming here, we had almost lost it. My kind struggled for years from the consequences of something that had happened a long time ago. I wouldn't wish that on anyone." Even as he spoke though, he felt like a hypocrite. He didn't wish that on anyone, and yet he was helping someone to get their hands on nukes. Good going there, Kev. Though, hmm...Prixlezub still brought up a good point. If the world stayed destroyed, would people be more likely to get revenge? Would they be more likely to strike down those who would be a threat? The alien's head tilted in thought for a moment, before shaking his head. "I think even then, even if people did their best to keep this place safe so that we wouldn't lose it, something else would still happen behind the scenes. As many times as the world has almost ended due to someone like Ridley, we've had just as many people like Mr. Dark, who come out of nowhere and just suddenly start trouble, only to disappear. Holding people responsible for things like that, to the point of losing their homes is...kinda strict and unforgiving." The people could try to keep the peace as much as they could, but this was a world of balance. There was...unfortunately, always going to be a disaster to strike. Letting the place refresh just seemed better. "I guess maybe if it took longer to come back fully, maybe that could work?" He suggested, aiming for a compromise between their views.

The alien made a slight chuckle at the demon's words, nodding emphatically when the demon pointed out that death wasn't known for being especially 'considerate'. "Truer words have never been spoken." Confusing thing, death. To be properly informed when someone had died, and especially if they stayed dead, would be incredibly nice! Alas...it wasn't very likely. Kev blinked up at the demon's chuckle, eyes only straying for a moment, distracted by his tail's movement. "Kinda makes for a never ending cycle, huh?" Just endless waiting for someone else to do something. Kev wasn't particularly better, he hadn't really done much...though he had tried to kill Ridley before and was involved in a plot to kill him now. If only there were no nukes involved, everything would be absolutely perfect. The alien looked up to the demon and nodded his head, really putting on his 'thunk' cap. Due to his premature death, he didn't exactly get to be a part of the last venture into space, though he had heard enough to know that the people of Blackcat and the other citizens of Portal Breach went into space together, and that the spaceships used were ones belonging to the citizens. Not Blackcat. "If their vessel was built by their 'chief scientist', then I don't think the spaceship would have even left the building." Was the alien's bitter response, gaze momentarily shifted to the stars at the thought of the 'scientist'. Prixlezub went on, suggesting that though this type of thing wasn't easy, it wasn't entirely impossible. If Judge Fear's own words were to be considered, than nothing here was really 'impossible'. Things just needed to line up just right in order to set something into motion. "Guess it'd be kinda silly to give up just because things get a little tough." What kind of conviction was that, to give up just because things weren't going as picture perfect as he had pictured?

Things were quiet for a moment, as it seemed the car demon was going over everything that Kev had told him. For a moment the alien's brow furrowed, wondering if he had said too much. Would Judge Fear be angry about what he had leaked to the demon? He certainly hoped not...when Prixlezub spoke up again, Kev's eyes left the starry landscape to land on the firey grill and vibrant eyes of the demon. "Meta?" He was confused, though Prixlezub explained his point. "He is, yes. A very strong psychic, too." Ooh yes, Judge Fear had definitely seen the things Kev could do, the alien offered a nod to the demon. "He told me I had potential." Though, he had never considered that he was replacing the absence Judge Fear was experiencing from not having his other brothers here. Even if he still had Mortis, there was still a disconnect there, and Kev would be lying if he said he didn't feel like the Judge filled some type of void he had himself. So Judge Fear told him of his potential, offered ways to groom this potential...because he wanted to use his powers and strength? It definitely made sense, though it was a sobering discovery. Definitely aligned with Prixlezub's theory that he was just Judge Fear's tool to nukes. "Mentor and student?" It was an interesting idea...and definitely very tempting. Even if he was just being used, it at least sounded like he'd be getting something out of this in return. Strength, confidence...sort of a win, win.

The alien blinked several times though, jerking slightly to stare at the demon. "Huh?" The only person Kev could see as being a good replacement and stand-in for Judge Fear would be Judge Mortis, and getting Judge Mortis to double-cross his brother would be impossible. Likewise impossible was the idea of Kev really 'escaping' the clutches of Judge Fear. The alien shook his head, elbows resting on his knees languidly. "I don't think I can. I...have to be in his clutches for this to work. I can't explain, but this relies on him so much. I can't possibly try to go through with the same plan he has and not have him involved. If I leave Judge Fear, which is kinda impossible in and of itself, I would have to make up a whole new plan to get rid of Ridley, or just let it go." Letting it go seemed so easy to say. Just let it go. Just let Ridley keep living. Just let him go about his day, being content and happy. It wasn't easy at all to know that that dragon was alive, that he was probably happier than Kev and even some of Kev's best friends. The people he cared about deserved to be happy. Ridley only deserved to die. The alien brought his knees a bit closer, settling for a moment in a broody silence, though his eyes remained on the demon as Kev's question seemed to make him ponder. To be honest, Kev was pretty interested in what he had to say as well.

Rather interestingly, what Prixlezub spoke of did sound a lot like what he had going on with Judge Fear. What Prixlezub spoke of, what Judge Fear was doing...it felt right. The alien's head nodded along silently as Prixlezub spoke, waiting for him to finish before replying. "That's the best I can ask of you, Prixlezub. I wouldn't want anyone to kill him for me, dirty their own hands for my vendetta. I need help to get to this position, but I want to be the one to kill Ridley. I need to be the one to kill him, and just as you said you'd leave it to me, so is Judge Fear. He's the mind behind this, he's orchestrating it...but with everything he's pulling together, he's letting me be the one to kill Ridley." Prixlezub brought up a good point. Ridley may very well arrive to the meeting with Judge Fear and bring along a bunch of grunts. As security, or just because, who knows? "Hm...that may get a bit challenging. He may come into the Sanctuary alone, but that might be because he knows he's safe. Meeting him outside of the city...that could be a problem." One he'd bring up with Judge Fear, next they met.

Prixlezub did not seem particularly fussed to have heard Kev out, instead reassuring him that he'd rather Kev not bottle up his emotions and using their previous engagements as evidence that it was alright. They had both spoken in the past, so this sort of 'back and forth' was a two way street. Kev brought his hands up and rubbed them on his cheeks, sighing. "As long as you promise to unload some emotional baggage in return, whether its now or next time we ever meet. I don't want you to feel like you're some sort of...emotional...thingy, here for me to cry on and then leave you in the dust." Kev turned to face the demon, considering what Prixlezub was offering. He had a few ideas for what Kev could do, now that he was in this position. It was an...odd position, and even though it seemed easy enough to just decide to not do this with Fear, it felt too complicated to just step away from. Things had changed. "I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts at all, Prixlezub. But if I'm not able to get out of this...if I still go through with this, I don't want you to feel like that means I just let everything you said wash over me. Nothing you've said is necessarily wrong, a lot of it makes sense, really. I'm glad you care enough about me to give me advice and to give me these options, I just feel like it's...too late...but I still do want to hear what you've had to say. I owe you that much."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:07 pm

Of course, the demon's views would never be seen exactly eye to eye with all he spoke to, Kev included, despite his bubbly personality. His kind had struggled with a finite world, a mortal world, stating that he would not wish it upon anyone. Yet... Everyone here came from a finite world, did they not? Whether it be a calamity such as Alpha or the universe collapsing upon itself to rejoin the endless, enigmatic void, everyone had experienced what Kev did not wish upon others. "But that is the point, Kev, Everyone comes from a finite world, susceptible to disasters and chaos alike. Even if the world were to refresh at a slower pace, would it not be liken to a natural world slowly recovering from the cycles of nature, both mortal and non? It would teach those who wish to live here and exist to not take their home for granted, they would learn better means to deal with conflict instead of bashing it into submission as they are wont to do. Conscientiousness, Kev, would be the goal." Prixlezub replied. Alas, the alien would find that his conversation partner was not so compromising as he wished. Not that the demon was completely blind to his intention. "I understand you are grateful for the quick recovery rate of this land, for the sake of your home, your loved ones. However, it is those that so arrogantly take this place for granted that aggravates me. Much as they take for granted their bonds with others, they lack responsibility and their numbers grow more numerous by the passing year." Or in other words, if death is inconsiderate, life may as well be just as much.

If there were those that felt it was below them to aid in keeping this land protected, they likely would get their comeuppance later on when fingers were busy being pointed in the wake of disaster. Of course, this would mean that partially the citizens would glare in the direction of their omnipotent overseer, who was conveniently absent from the whole ordeal. Thus in the process sowing the seeds of vehemence towards their semi-present being, and soon clashing mindsets over whether or not the deity had their reasons or merely did not exist to begin with in due time.

Ah, the intricacies of being the sole custodian of an entire universe, and not even for your own benefit.

Cycles of death, or waiting for a champion to take care of a problem no one wished to deal with... Thus was the way of the universe. Constant cycles and exchanges which remained in motion so long as there was energy to spend. If one held no interest in killing Ridley, there would be another sooner or later. A being devoted to exterminating all evil, or perhaps an old rival of his that arrived upon the Gamma fashionably late. It was not unheard of. "Indeed, perhaps the one who may take your place is merely bidding their time until they become strong enough." He reasoned thoughtfully. The topic returned to Blackcat, if only briefly, as the alien gave his own quip at the former group's staff. Of course, the alien was understandably bitter, one of his friends had been one of the fools who were among them. Thankfully, the scientist had yet to make an appearance after his fate at the prince's claws.

The alien's words grew shorter, more contemplative as the prince had explained on. Likely in thought as his horizons were expanded upon, if ever so slowly. When the topic finally came about to the possibility of Kev being mentored by the Dark Judge, the prince merely gave a thoughtful hum. "As I had figured. If he believes you to have potential he will likely groom you more to his interests, as he is already doing." Of course, how far Kev's potential could go may be plenty of different routes, albeit highly destructive ones with the goal in mind. At the same time, should the Lich be grooming Kev... Likely he may already have planted a seed of obedience within the alien's mind, and with psychic abilities to boot their conversation may not be going unnoticed. Hmm...

His fiery gaze still fixed upon his green friend, it came all too late to realize just what may be going through his mind. No matter what the prince could suggest, what kernels of wisdom he could offer to aid Kev onto a better path, Fear's own influence alreadyheld a powerful sway over the alien's mind. Damn. This only was further proven by his statements. He needed to be in the Lich's clutches for this plan to work, declaring again and again that he could not get away from him to move on to a different plan. For a long while the demon opted to remain silent, idly listening as the noodly denizen next to him continued on, returning to the interest that he would need to be the one that killed him and Judge Fear was providing that same route Prixlezub had offered. Yet, the demon would not have asked Kev for such a grave reward for helping him kill off the space dragon. Further the prince remained silent as Kev spoke, his thoughts upon Kev's predicament remaining a mystery.

Though to assume the demon was completely demoralized by Kev's stubborn circumstance would be all too foolish.

It was only when the alien came forward and assured that he heard what the prince wished to say, that he stirred. A plume of smoke curled from the demon's grill, thick and trailing on the night breeze. "I suggest you take a vacation, Kev. Go to the coast or the forest for a few weeks, spend some time for yourself." He rumbled, turning his gaze out towards the horizon. "If there is truly nothing to be done, at the very least you can seek some solace for your own being." Alas, there was little the prince could offer if the alien was unable to make use of his words, his advice. All the wisdom in the universe no matter how potent, was useless to one who was believed themselves too hopeless to utilize it. "Do not worry about my well being, Kev. I can carry my burdens well enough without needlessly encumbering you." He replied evenly.

The weight the demon carried upon his shoulders was his and his alone to carry, Kev.

Of course, Prixlezub was well aware Kev knew what he was saying, and was fully cognizant of what he was getting into, along with its consequences. While his words were not merely washing over the alien, however, he knew they may as well be so long as Kev was not willing to use them to his advantage.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:42 am

Prixlezub wrote:"It would teach those who wish to live here and exist to not take their home for granted, they would learn better means to deal with conflict instead of bashing it into submission as they are wont to do. Conscientiousness, Kev, would be the goal."

The alien's eyes widened slightly, but not due to shock, more from realization. As the demon had brought up a really good point, a point that was a problem that may strike them all in the back again and again. It had happened before, after all. Alpha had come down, intending to destroy the entire Gamma. Why? Because they had bashed SIR into submission. They were not conscientious. They killed Portal X when they could have talked with SIR to figure something out. It was hard to do, because SIR had done so much and killed some friends, but they could have done something. Anything. Besides beating the snot out of SIR until they had killed him and Portal X along with him. Even worse, there were only 13, perhaps 14 people still around who had been there, when SIR was killed. Everyone else who had been there was long gone by now. That lesson was a lesson only 14 knew...out of however many people were here. It was entirely possible, that that mistake would be enacted. Repeated, as history so often was. This place would be taken advantage of, people may think to themselves that they could beat whoever they wanted to a pulp because it was in the name of saving the world, and if the world gets destroyed, then hey, it'll refresh! It'll be fine tomorrow! What's the big deal? The world refreshed after everything Alpha did, after all. It didn't matter who tried to destroyed the place, because it would refresh. The special ability of the world, taken for granted.

"You have...a point. When you put it like that." He admitted with a slight nod of his head. Even as he understood Prixlezub's point, he felt a twinge of guilt as was he not hoping that Judge Fear's attempts to destroy the world would just refresh? Taking it for granted to absolve himself of guilt and involvement? Such a sticky situation...he looked back to the demon and nodded his head in agreement. "I understand what you mean now. To fix this, you suggested what you would do if you could control the place. Since neither you or I can...what would you suggest could be done to keep people from taking this place and its abilities for granted? Just hypothetical." He was interested to hear what the demon may suggest. As Prixlezub had also said, there were those who took bonds for granted. The people who had all left had definitely done so, most frequently being Jak Mar who had left behind his wife.

"If they are truly biding their time, maybe I could use my strength in the meantime. Until they become strong enough." As much as Kev wanted to kill the dragon, over and over, he knew it was not possible. Daemeon was easier to kill over and over. Ridley...in order to kill him once, Kev had to do so much. There was no way he could kill Ridley until he finally died forever. Maybe he could explore other methods that did not involve Judge Fear, but it was going to be hard either way. If there were truly someone out there biding their time to kill Ridley on their own terms, Kev would not mind them doing so. Just as long as he got to kill him once.

The possibility of Judge Fear taking Kev under his wing wasn't too bad, in fact he rather liked the idea, though rose tinted glasses were edged off by the demon's words. True...if he were grooming Kev over to be strong and powerful, as he was now, it was probably in the effort of getting him to 'join the good fight', join the Judges in killing sinners. Though the alien believed that some deserved to die, he did not believe everyone did, nor did he think living was a sin of any kind. "He may try to groom me to his interests...but I promise to stick to my own interests. I'll kill those who deserve it, like Ridley, or someone who needs to die to be fixed, like if they are turned and need to die to be brought back to normal. No one else." Kev would not allow himself to become some sort of monster. No matter what would happen, he would try to hold onto himself, what made him what he was now, and that was the care he had for those he loved. Even if it destroyed him, he would keep a hold of it.

Fiery eyes held an almost intense stare over himself as he spoke, the alien keeping eye contact. The thoughts of the demon were a mystery, the alien unknowing of what the demon may think as he listened so calmly and quietly. Kev could only hope that the demon did not think he was a disappointing waste of time, a mere blip that refused to listen to reason and was best left alone. Prixlezub was a demon, very forthright with his beliefs and convictions. In the past, this may have lead people to think the demon was ruthless and tyrannical, but there was rhyme to Prixlezub's reason, and Kev understood this. Prixlezub was willing to listen, something Kev was realizing seemed to be a trait of those deemed 'evil'. While those who were 'good' seemed to attack and try to start a fight, even as the 'evil' one backed down or gave chances. Deadsilver, Hot Shot, Metal Man, Blade. All of them given chances to back down or stop, only to smash headfirst into a fight with Prixlezub and act angry about it afterwards. They preferred to use their fists and fight the perceived enemy instead of being conscientious. When Prixlezub finally spoke, smoke puffing out of his grill and into the sky, the alien had to admit he had not expected for him to suggest he take a vacation.

"R-really?" Kev's head tilted, though the thought was...nice. It was not often that he took time for himself to put some distance and just take a breather. Spend some time for himself. With the stress he was feeling, it was not a bad idea. To go exploring the woods for a bit, or the coastline. He could unwind and relax to prepare for what the future would bring. "That's a great idea, Prixlezub, thank you. I might try to do it before the weather gets colder. I like the idea of going to the forest...it's been a while." Maybe if he found some spot he really liked, he could take another trip in the spring or summer to unwind once more. The very idea seemed to relax him of any doubts or worries. Though there was one lingering worry. "What we spoke of...will stay between us, right?" As for Prixlezub's own burdens, the demon was of the opinion that he could shoulder them just fine, without needing to make Kev worry or fret. Truth be told, Kev could not even imagine what sorts of burdens the demon may have, simply because they were different creatures and had different lives. The burdens he may possess could be burdens Kev could never understand. Nodding his head lightly in response, the alien piped up again. "Well...what have you been up to lately, Prixlezub? I might not carry your burdens but I wouldn't mind hearing about how your life has been going."

((Sorry this took a while!))

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:09 pm

Yes, Kev, could you now see the folly of this ever refreshing, ageless world? The prince needed only to see the widen of the alien's eyes as his expression turned to something between knowing and pleased that he finally saw the same as he did. However, with one question answered, only more arose. Alas, to make someone not take this world for granted was easier said than done. "There is no sure way, Kev. So long as the deity is not killed off again by its charges, Alpha's avatar will not return and attempt to destroy the gamma. Any other threats to this world are trivial in comparison. So long as the populace knows the world will refresh after each cataclysmic event, there is little reason to believe otherwise." Yes, one could go and keep telling them over and over to not take things for granted, but over time it would grow tiresome and old habits would resurface inevitably. To think that merely because the prince did not have the interest in taking over this place that he could not, however, was a dangerous mindset to have. "However, this does not keep others from protecting what they hold dear. You have seen yourself how we come together during crisis. Mr. Dark and the Phazon incident for instance."

At Kev's suggestion, the prince could not help but quirk his brow at the alien incredulously, "You already have much strength in you, Kev." He rumbled, "If it is an enemy of Ridley you seek, I suggest you keep an eye on new arrivals. If they show promise and perhaps a bit of history with the dragon, don't keep your strength to yourself, but teach them how to be." Yes, Kev could keep beating the same annoyance into the ground over and over again, but what would that gain? What would anyone gain? The alien was already strong enough to kill with a single punch if he so desired. "With the nature of of this Gamma however, waiting for someone from his universe would be a long, long time. It would be far more efficient for you to go and perhaps find one who would be interested in the cause. A paragon of good perhaps." Everyone arrived here in a weakened state. There was no reason why their progress could not be hurried along with perhaps a charitable action or even trained until they were strong enough to face a threat. While the prince certainly was a demon who managed to set his goals for himself and carry them out, others were not so clairvoyant. They needed a guiding hand.

If Kev were so willing, he likely could guide them to his goal.

However, the prince could not help but give a small sigh at the alien's declaration. Despite all the Judges wished to do, he vowed to stay his own person, how familiar that was... "Paths to hell are paved with good intentions, Kev. I've heard many a mortal say this and witness enough to believe it true. Yes, to rid the world of threats and evils like him is a noble goal, however it can quickly lead down a far darker path without discipline and insight." He explained, pausing for a moment as a plume of smoke rolled from his grill. "Allow me to tell you about the plight of Rumnia, a small village in the mountains of the material plane. At one point, the town was suffering from bandits camping outside their walls, hijacking supplies and goods from neighboring villages, the guards were unable to keep up with them, as their numbers were few and their neighbrs had none to spare. The nearest reinforcements were a few months ride away, with threacherous conditions in the winter and spring thaw. A group of villagers banded together, deciding they would take down the bandits' camps and drive them out. In the nights following, they would move out of the village under the cover of darkness and set aflame the camps, killing who they could. With their knowledge of the surrounding mountainside, they remained unseen and therefore uncaught as they traveled from camp to camp, driving out these criminals until the roads were open again." Prixlezub paused for a moment, allowing Kev a moment to let the first part sink in for a moment before continuing. "The town of course celebrated the Bandits being driven off their roads, and these village heroes enjoyed their newly found praise and recognition. Night after night after that, they went out and patrolled for bandit camps, careful of the the ones they set upon so as to not accidentally attack a group of merchants. It was only a few weeks after that one of them asked "what if the merchants we came across were actually bandits in disguise, growing crafty after having heard of us?" Such a possibility was not unfounded, so they took further caution in their patrols, going so far as to talk to the merchants before going on about their way. A few more weeks, and another asked "What if the merchants are lying about not being bandits when we ask them?" Again, this was not an unfounded possibility, as bandits were very crafty people." Could you see where this was going, Kev? "With little else for them to do to tell if a merchant was lying or not about being a bandit, the group decided it was best to torch every camp they came across out of the interest of caution and security.Now, it was not only merchants and bandits that this merry band had driven out and killed, but travelers, wayward families coming to visit... Soon their interest in driving out a threat to their home had grown so obsessive they had turned into what they had been trying to protect their home against." Finished with his tale, the demon prince grew silent, allowing for his words to sink in.

Quite a turn from suggesting a vacation only moments earlier.

Thankfully it was taken with gladness instead of worry, and the prince gave a small inclination of his head at Kev's words, "I will, if you promise me one thing. Make sure you warn those you hold dear about your actions before you carry them out, give them time to prepare themselves." He rumbled evenly. Zurg, Jo, Lawrence, who all else the alien regarded as a close friend, they all deserved to be warned before everything hit the fan as it were. That out of the way, Prixlezub gave a thoughtful hum as he pondered what exactly Kev would not mind hearing from him, before replying; "I had been traveling as of late."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:07 am

Oh yes, the folly was quite obvious with some thought and perspective from Prixlezub, as obvious as the stars in the sky. All good things come with a price and the nature of this world refreshing itself from even the worst of events could lead to mistakes being made and carelessness. Prixlezub and Kev had seen enough in this world to know that even the smallest instances of carelessness could lead to something more, and end up destroying people in ways that did not necessarily have to involve the destruction of the world. And unfortunately, there was no way to assure that the ability to refresh would not be taken for granted. No sure way, no certain way, no easy way. Indeed, Alpha had been their strongest foe and anything else compared to him was trivial, especially in terms of refreshing afterwards. "Right...and you can't really change the opinions and ideas of a large group of people at once like that." The demon did bring up a good point though, the alien's pose straightening up thoughtfully. Yes, even though people knew the place refreshed, they still stepped up to the plate to protect this place. They did not abandon it to the wayside to be nearly deleted and refresh all over again. Kev's head nodded in agreement. "Yes, I suppose if those events are good for anything, they're really good for bringing people together like that. Most people don't look at the imminent destruction staring them in the face and say 'oh well, let's go home and die'." People seemed to prefer to fight to the death.

The alien's head tilted to the side when Prixlezub pointed out that Kev already had a lot of strength. "I guess I can't really get any stronger than I am right now, huh?" Not without it being a lot more focused on something, like specific training with Fear. Enemies...enemies of Ridley...Kev's scaly brows furrowed. "I think Ridley used to have an enemy of some kind here. It's a little fuzzy but I remember...someone during the Phazon. She was an enemy of his...I don't remember getting her name. She seemed to know a lot about Ridley and his forces...but she's disappeared by now. Maybe I can try to keep an eye out for if she were to reappear? Then take her under my wing, so to speak. And a guy like Ridley...he has to have made other enemies out there." Yet it was truly a long shot, wasn't it? If she had already arrived, what were the chances that she would come back again? Some people came several times, but not always. "Mm...so, basically, look for someone who likes to do good. A really big do-gooder?" The kind of person that radiates justice and freedom, all of those good things. "In either case, I'll make sure to keep my eyes wide open."

Prixlezub still had some reservations, his sigh made that very clear. The Kryptonistanian was aware that people sometimes damned themselves with decisions that they had made with only the best of intentions. He was even aware of how his own path wasn't...going quite as he had hoped or predicted. Nukes were going to be dropped, because he had wished to protect this place. Even more, he understood that this path of murdering threats could escalate. Still, the alien kept his attention on the car demon as he relayed a tale from his world, of a village in the material plane. The village had been ransacked and attacked by bandits, and it seemed that no one could help them. Heroes had to stand up, and stand up they did. The bandits had been killed over time and the village hailed their heroes. The group of people continued to patrol the area around their village, eventually turning their gazes to everyone who came near, assuming them to be enemies in disguise. It reminded him of someone... "Karkat went down that road, or almost did. He became obsessed with keeping the trolls safe, and began to see threats where there weren't any, or escalated minor threats. When Gaara spoke of hurting the trolls, they fought each other and Karkat killed him. When Livewire spoke out against him...Karkat tried to kill her too. He had been stopped in time but...well, the damage had been done." It only served to isolate the trolls more and the trolls had disintegrated until only two were left. "I understand what you're saying...if I become too focused on trying to protect the world, I'll start seeing threats and enemies that aren't there. It's why I'm focusing only on people that show no sign of changing, and have already tried to destroy this place or otherwise hurt people for fun. I'm not trying to make a career out of this or anything. Just...just the most ruthless of them and then I'll go back to my cottage and go about my life like I usually do." It'd be easier to just sit in his cottage and enjoy the quiet, if he didn't feel like Ridley was still out there, plotting to destroy the world again. If he knew Daemeon was no longer alive and couldn't corrupt the world with his 'experiments'. If Hazama couldn't hurt anyone else with his chain.

Prixlezub agreed to keep their talk to himself, but on the condition that he would warn the people he cared about, before everything happened. Warn them so that they could prepare. It wasn't exactly a request that he was going to shoot down, he wanted to warn everyone that nukes were going to drop on top of them sometime in the future, but he also knew he'd have a very angry corpse on his tail if he did that. Maybe there could be a way to do it subtly. To say it without saying it. "I promise to do my best to warn them so they can prepare. They're going to need the time..." In Judge Fear's vision, the nuke took down the city, apparently taking down the handy dandy shield. It couldn't last forever, after all...a nuke could tear it down to shreds. What could possibly stop it? How far would people have to go to avoid it? He'd have to figure that out. In the meantime, seems Prixlezub had been traveling! Made sense, the main areas of the Breach were probably like a casual stroll to him. Everyone wanted to stretch their legs out after all. "Ooh, traveling! Find anything new, or of interest?"

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:13 am

"Indeed, they do bring people together, although I believe they have a secondary use. one that may make sense of why the world refreshes like it does." He rumbled thoughtfully. "You notic Kev, that history upon this Gamma is not physical, no craters from wars past or ruins of past structures that had since been raided. Instead, it is the citizens of this place that hold its history. Their memory carries it on." As romantic as this all sounded however, there was always a flaw with such a design, such methods of incorporating balance."However history, as with all things, does fade with time. With each veteran who leaves this land, so too does a part of history. Yes, peace and conflict cycle each other like the sun and moon, such is the way of balance and thus the way of this Gamma, but for what purpose would it be for if we are unable to educate the newer generations against past follies." He rumbled evenly. In fact they were doing just that, going in circles and growing far too complacent with a single method of dealing with threats, instead of looking to more efficient and effective ways. Certainly beating a threat into the ground was satisfying, but like any strategy that was overused, the one that awaited the citizens to come and stop them would be betting on such a forthright and blunt approach. In fact, they could even incorporate it into a trap.

Much like the events of the excursion into the thorny woods.

Already events were learning the actions of the citizens and adapting to them, they needed to change tactics and therein toss that understanding by their enemies to the wind.

As for the woman that Kev mentioned, Prixlezub was unfamiliar with her as well. Not that it mattered, as she had disappeared soon after the phazon incident was over with. Going so far as to wait for that specific person to come back into existence after such a long time of inactivity, however? "Many who disappear do not tend to reappear so quickly or easily, Kev. If you look for someone, it should not be her in particular. There are others of similar mindset than can fill her role." He replied methodically. Looking for nothing but the greatest do-gooder on the planet likely would not do Kev any favors either. Those were far and few between to begin with. "I would not limit your search to those only in the interest of "good" either. Morals, good and evil, all are subjective and are different to each visitor who arrives upon this Gamma." He stated, soon the topic changing over to Karkat.

Ah, yes, the troll child. He remembered his folly well. Making deals and arrangements only to go back on them in a fit of temper that befitted a moody child. However, the demon was not about to compare him to such an immature creature, perhaps a being that is not all that far-sighted, but hardly like Karkat. "I have no intention of comparing him to you, Kev." He assured. "I am merely warning you not to get too ahead of yourself in your interest of purging the world of evil." However, he found it rather interesting that the alien did not include the prince into this purge, instead focusing on Ridley. Of course, the demon knew how much to say and when to say it, as some information was better kept to himself instead of divulged to others that possibly... take it the wrong way.

At the alien's promise, Prixlezub gave an approving rumble, "Good." They deserved a warning at the very least. The topic coming back around to travel, the demon pondered for a moment before replying, "To the south, Kev." He replied, evenly. "I had some business in the jungles."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:41 pm

"Secondary use?" The alien's head tilted, he could definitely agree that disasters brought people together. Sometimes not in the best of ways because conflict still rose up but otherwise, people banded together. The secondary use seemed to be keeping history alive in the memories of those who experienced it. "That's a good point...I'm not sure if any of the things that happen here get written down and put into a library. We can't exactly have memorials or anything since everything refreshes...so you're right. Everything that has happened can only be revisited in the memories of those who took part." Unfortunately, preserving history in such fragile people had a downfall. People came and left like dust in the wind, history would be lost in the process. How many people were here now who remembered Alpha? Or that God that had been inside Hanna? Or even the Circus? How many things had been here before that had been lost to time? "Maybe there can be a way to keep that history even when we leave. Maybe we could write it down. Some stuff is hard to remember but I know the gist of a lot of things I've been a part of!" The earliest things were the fuzziest such as the Gamma War, and aforementioned God in Hanna. Some of the more recent happenings were still as clear as ever. It was just such a shame that it was so easy for the things that had happened to just...be forgotten. It was the same way with people, and though there were some people Kev thought deserved to be forgotten, there were also those who didn't. "It makes me wonder what sort of things happened that no one knows about because no one who was involved is left..." And just how that may come back to bite them.

Kev was inclined to agree. "Those who reappear like that don't seem to linger for very long either..." So there was a chance that even if Samus came back she'd stick around for perhaps a month before she'd leave all over again. There'd be no use. Instead, Prixlezub insisted he try to find those of a similar mindset. That mindset need not be centered on good, either. "True, maybe somebody who's a bit more evil in their mindset might want to kill Ridley simply because he's in the way." It wasn't like Ridley had any friends in the first place. It couldn't be hard to find someone, anyone who thought that the place would be better off if Ridley were killed.

Kev couldn't help but be relieved that Prixlezub was not comparing him to Karkat! "I'm glad. I liked Karkat, and considered him a friend, but..." The alien's eyes furrowed thoughtfully. "He started to drive away the people important to him because he felt ignored by Thomas...I understand why he felt so bad, especially since it was a bond that I could never really understand but...he shouldn't have punished others for that." Kev propped his head up in a hand. "Your story just made me think of Karkat because he almost killed Livewire in his attempt to keep those he loved safe. He became so paranoid...just like the people in that village." It was an entirely unfortunate situation. Purging the world of evil, such wording made the alien chuckle a bit. "I only have my eyes set on...well, not just Ridley. I'm also eyeing Hazama, and Daemeon as well. They seem most dangerous to me, they don't show any signs of reasoning or trying to change. They all just want to ruin the world for fun." Prixlezub was a Car Demon, and perhaps not the most moral of creatures, but he did not skewer people for fun. Judge Fear and Judge Mortis may kill people, but they did it for their own morals, not for fun. Zurg may have had a dark past, but he changed. Daemeon, Ridley, and Hazama were not like them. "Those three, and that's it. I won't do anything about anyone else unless they prove themselves to be just like those three."

Promises were made, the alien a lot more relaxed now with everything said and done. He'd try to warn those he cared about and Prixlezub wouldn't say anything to anyone! As for where Prixlezub had gone, it seems he'd gone south. "Ooh, I've heard some things about these jungles, but not a lot. I think I'd like to go see them sometime. Just to see what they're like. How were they? Any interesting discoveries?"

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:17 pm

Writing it down could work, although there was one small problem regarding that. "Indeed, it could be  done if you so wish. However, keep in mind that history fades, even within one's memory. Details become blurred as time goes on, everyone, even those involved, remembering events different despite their active presence." He rumbled evenly, smoke curling from between metallic fangs with every word. "To record this world's history would be a noble feat, but it would also be a tedious and demanding one." For what good would be history if it was inaccurately recorded?  The past, when observed and its memory un-tampered, was one of the most honest of a world's reflection.

Upon the land, its people, and all that occurred between them. Although, who was to say that there was not already a book that held Gamma-X's history, and far more accurately than any person upon this planet? Not to mention it would stretch far enough back that there would be little worry about needing input from those who had since passed from this plane. "With this in mind, it would be wise to check Library within the city to see if it holds a tome on the world's history as a whole." Prixlezub suggested. It would certainly save time running around and compiling research if there already was a tome that was generated by the city to better inform its newcomers. It seemed rather closed minded that there would not be a reference on this world's history when there were plenty of books that came from other worlds.

At Kev's agreement, the prince gave a low rumble. Indeed, the ones that left were not wont to come back, nor were they quite the same when they did reappear. The one flamboyant incarnation of Knockout, for instance. It was quite a contrast between the two personalities when the current Cybertronian did arrive upon the breach, one flambouyant and prone to suggestive poses in the Sanctuary, the other more professional but leaning more towards his wit and charm to gain attention instead of... Stretching his legs every which way like a grooming feline. Either way, Kev was beginning to see the demon's point in that he did not necessarily need Judge Fear or the first person to walk up to him and talk about it to aid him. There were plenty who would kill for money, glory, and ambition.

Alas, the damage done with Kev's current decision could not be undone with a simple conversation. He was already too far in with his agreement with the Lich to turn back on him, not to mention any further discussion about how exactly to get the alien free of his binding contract would fall upon not only the alien's ears, but the one who bound him.

Which made it all the more odd how the alien was relieved about not being compared to Karkat of all people, a specter long gone from this world who may have been better off forgotten. Indeed, the boy was a nuisance and a weakness to be stamped out as he essentially tossed a tantrum for the sake of Thomas, a leader of an already quite inept organization for being as superficial as their relationship had let on. "Pity neither the boy, nor the wendigo." He rumbled evenly, smoke curling from his maw with every resonating breath. "Their downfall could be seen by all, save for them. The boy felt ignored because he was ignored, as Thomas for all his supposed charm, was as empty and superficial as they come. The man himself claimed he would kill merely if someone cut him in a line, and would sleep with that same person's daughter on the same day. Karkat had been pining despite this being clearly visible, essentially grasping for sustenance from the branches of a dead, rotted tree. Others attempted to make him aware of this, and he rebuked their advice." There was little pity or sympathy for BLACKCAT's leader and the troll child within the demon's heart, even lesser for those that the troll was attempting to protect. "If the troll children were more respectful and less arrogant, the mere notion of protection would not have even arisen in the first place. Therein is the difference between the villagers within my story and the troll child. The village did not antagonize or incite the bandits they were preying on the caravans. Bandits, like any criminal or person of low honor, will prey upon what is easily attained, the weak." He explained, his tone growing stern as his gaze remained fixed upon the green alien next to him. "The villagers grew wary because of this criminal nature."

However, the demon could not help but give an amused puff of smoke from his grill at the words "dangerous" and "Daemeon" being in the same sentence. "Only the fool need worry about Daemeon." He heartily replied, the dust about his feet trembling and jumping into a thin cloud around him. The demon was as every bit incompetent as he was unconvincing. Hazama on the other hand, that was not a name he was familiar with. "I do not believe I have heard of him." The demon slowly rumbled. "Tell me, who is this Hazama, what makes them so threatening?" An interst in destroying the world was something many villains shared, whether it was for simply watching it burn, or an easier subjugation, or even perhaps a forced change of the land's face for their own purposes. Motive was a beginning, but it did not make one dangerous. Resources, intelligence, cunning... That was what was to be feared.

At Kev's vow, there arose another question, the demon giving a low, ponderous hum before speaking. "And what if the ones that prove to be just like those three are what you thought were your friends?" He asked evenly, the prince flexing his claws against the molten earth that pooled about them. Sooner or later, such a scenario would arise, although with Kev's current interests, it would be likely far sooner than the demon preferred.

The alien perked up some at the mention of jungles, mentioning he heard some certain details relayed, but not a lot. Likely what he heard was told from those who had visited the lower continent, veterans of the excursion to aid the Ss'ruul in their plight against the Nazaj'ir. "I believe you would benefit from a trip down to the jungles. It is lush with wildlife and thick canopied trees." He replied, "What I traveled down there for was an interest in resources, that which is uncommon in these parts."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:22 am

Another good point brought up by the demon. Writing down the events of the Breach was all well and good, but could one accurately transcribe what had happened? The more recent events, were easier to remember, but some of the older ones? Racking his brain now, he could only remember the bare bones of something such as that time Hanna had a God within him. He remembered Zurg being possessed by it, encountering Jo in the old laundry mat and her getting people to join forces. Going to fight Hanna...something happened. It was blurry now, but they had failed. Going back to look for...something. And the areas were guarded by giant things called Augurs that gave riddles and were quite rude. After that, they had used...whatever they found, against Hanna. Kev kept initially thinking it had been keys, only to remember that the keys had been a different disaster, when the Breach had been absolutely covered in monsters. Main point, trying to remember details from years ago was hard and messy.

"Yeah, you're right...plus, sometimes you have to split up in these sorts of disasters, so even if one person did write down what happened, it'd just be whatever happened to them. They wouldn't have the information from the perspectives of the rest of the group." Perspectives that may have more information, especially important information. "Yeah, it'd probably be time-consuming enough trying to track down everyone involved and get their side of what happened." Especially since people would be missing and unable to give their account. It seemed even if he were to gather up all of his time and supplies to go out and interview people, there would end up being holes in the recalled stories of the past. Bit of a shame...though checking the library was a good idea. Didn't want to get too ahead of himself. "I've been there a few times in the past, never really seen anything. It's possible that it might be hidden away, or just harder to find? Still, something to look into." Who knows, maybe there was some omnipresent being keeping watch to scribe everything down. Maybe even Portal X himself.

Kev's agreement caused a content rumble, the alien now feeling a lot more at ease than he had been when they first met up. It seems on the subject of Thomas and Karkat, Prixlezub had a lot to say, Kev listening intently. "I didn't see the downfall coming until it was too late I guess...by the time I had, Thomas had already been absent enough that Karkat said he felt abandoned. By then it was just sort of...obvious. Though I was always a little curious about how they got so close." The two of them could be a bit...ornery, so maybe they had bonded over that? Kev's head nodded as Prixlezub spoke of something Thomas had mentioned quite a few times. Killing someone for cutting in front of him in line, and then sleeping with their daughter. That definitely was not something Prixlezub had made up, because Kev could almost remember Thomas' voice when he'd bragged about it. "Thomas and Karkat both did things without really thinking, I guess. Thomas created Blackcat, without really trying to figure out a place for his group in this world. He mostly just hired his buddies, especially buddies who had skills. As much as they wanted to act like they'd been outcast, I feel like the Blackcat group didn't exactly do much to include us 'normal citizens'."

"For instance, when he'd first been making the group and finding his headquarters, he and Megamind had been so...secretive and 'hush-hush' about it. I remember Thomas coming in and talking to Megamind about something without really describing it, and when I asked about it I was told I couldn't know about it yet. They ended up with information about Ridley and his Phazon canisters that they didn't share with the public, they didn't share what they were going to do with the public either. After Phazon they just sort of...laid low, which I can understand, but when everything happened with the troll effigies and the blood messages they acted secretive again! Not to mention all of the times they had been...less than civil with people." If anything, they wound up outcasting themselves with their own actions. And as for Karkat... "Karkat made a...very common mistake. He tried to create a family here. It's not wrong to do it, but if you try to force it...things happen. He apparently tried to force it with Thomas, and...it just didn't work out. And then when it didn't work out with Thomas, he kind of gave up on everyone else who wasn't a troll." Poor Terra. "Nepeta was pretty nice! Equius was...not so much. Karkat was ornery, Gamzee was mellow but not really around much and Terezi was...kinda strange." Kinda very strange. "Eridan's blunt, but he hasn't gotten into nearly as much trouble as Karkat has, and Aradia is very kind and respectful. I don't think it was the trolls as a whole that made them in any danger of being attacked but...well, I guess the actions of Karkat, and maybe being seen as 'affiliated' with Thomas and his group." Karkat had definitely not been like the villagers, who had been innocent and targeted out of criminal necessity. "Karkat's behavior rubbed people the wrong way, and he got close with someone who also rubbed people the wrong way. So if anything, Karkat probably became paranoid because he finally realized that. You're right, the villagers only became paranoid because they began to escalate in their attempts to protect their home from the bandits." It had been a lot to say, but a lot of it had needed to be said.

Mentioning Daemeon definitely seemed to tickle Prixlezub's funny bone, as he puffed out some smoke in amusement. "Only the fool, huh? Guess I ought to try not to worry about him." The alien chuckled back, rubbing the back of his neck. It was true, what all had Daemeon done? Be annoying? There were the crystals, but those had been taken care of rather quickly. Still, Daemeon had some potential to be a real big problem in the future. Though all thoughts on Daemeon fell away as Prixlezub asked for information about Hazama. He had not met him, then? Suppose that made sense. Hazama was annoying, but, and Kev had to admit this very begrudgingly, he wasn't a fool. Hazama would know better than to anger a giant car demon. "Hazama looks human, has green hair and wears a suit and hat that're also green. He usually squints his eyes shut and kind of acts nonchalant and mellow. It's all an act, though. Underneath that vacant smile is someone who likes to inflect harm on people. A year or two ago, there was a giant monster out in the forest. Black, covered in ink, destroying the place and anyone in it. We battled it and took it down. A month later, Hazama came on the news channel saying that he had created that thing, and said he had a lot more of them, ready to destroy the Breach. We found his base and tried to take him down before he could unleash them, but it turned out to be a trap. Instead, a man who had come with us who knew Hazama, began to turn into that ugly beast and we had to fight it. He was tossed into this...I believe it was called a Cauldron? Looked like a hall or something, but apparently that took him to a month in the past where we had defeated and killed him, as that monster. Hazama's plan all along was just for us to take out someone who could stop him. He also has these...chain, things, that literally bite you and when they do, they create despair and hopelessness in you. He's kinda dangerous because he doesn't wave around his evilness like Daemeon or Ridley, he'll attempt to smile and charm the new people."

Kev's vow was made, one he intended to keep wholeheartedly, though with a hum, the demon soon asked a question that required some thought. The alien's gaze turned down to the dirt, every so often glancing at the molten earth as he pondered. It was only when his thoughts seemed collected that he looked back to Prixlezub. "Well...I think it depends. If I was friends with someone and they became irredeemable, and wanted to wreak havoc on the world like they do, then I suppose I would have to step in. But only if they had nothing about them that was any good at all, no redemption and just...nothing but ugliness to them. I've become friends with people who aren't exactly innocent. Zurg used to be an Emperor, I used to consider Thomas a friend, and you already mentioned how he bragged about killing people and sleeping with their daughters...I was friends with Kefka who was a genocidal clown. I guess so long as I feel that they are a good friend, I'd still keep them. But if anyone else tried to take them down, I would not stand in the way." It was only fair. If he could take no action, he'd let someone else take action.

Aah, the jungles sounded great...thick canopies, lush and filled with wildlife... "It sounds a lot like my planet. At least, the parts that weren't barren." To see such vibrant plant life again...the forest was great and all, and the meadow, fantastic! But jungles, the environment of a rainforest, those were lush and full and brilliant. It felt so nice and cozy, and he hadn't really seen environments like that since he had been taken from his planet. "Resources, like things from the local plant life?" He asked before giving a wistful sigh. "I really would like to visit these jungles...at least once."

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 pm

If not inaccurate information, there were different sides to each story depending on which person one talked to, especially when split up. Once the rest of the group was gone, there was only that one person's word. However, the demon was not opposed to such things, so long as the person who managed to survive was authentic in their telling. "When it comes to recording history, there are times where you must work with what sources are available. What counts is that they speak the truth, if the source is incapable of that, there is little purpose in pursuing them further." The demon evenly replied. History did not have the space nor time to hear one inflate their ego for the sake of looking better on paper, yet, it is a regular occurrence... At least until the teller is proven otherwise.

Records, concrete documents told better history at times than a living person. After all, there was hell to pay if one mis-scribed or forged documents, especially important ones. All the saem, it looked as if Kev was demoralized from attempting to start a history book of his own. For the best, the prince supposed. While Kev was one with good intentions at his core, his mind on the other hand was far too willing to believe what he heard. Gullible, if he had ever seen a better case in action.

Thus, the library was the best place to look. "You had not asked a Librarian for assistance?" He asked, mildly surprised. In Kev's visits to the library he only looked on his own, without help or insight from the very person who worked there daily, apparently reference indexes were outside of the alien's train of thought when going to such places as well. Food for thought indeed, how was it that the alien could search for something yet lack the sense to look for aid when he could not find it?

Then again, the key word of this statement was a few times. "I suggest you go there again sometime, perhaps you will find what you look for if you ask." Speaking of which... "I remember last time we spoke you held interest in learning the arcane, fire magic specifically. Have you pursued this since our last meeting?" The prince asked, curious. Of course, Kev's interest could have been nothing more than a mere curiosity for that short while.

Much like Thomas and Karkat's relationship. Alas, Kev had not seen how the duo's relationship would turn until it was too late. Although to say that they did not think was a misunderstanding. "The wendigo was as much thoughtless as he was careless. As was Karkat, he did not think about the fact the demon bragged about his dishonorable behavior, nor did he care about his obvious flippancy. They are both to blame for their downfall." The demon rumbled, in fact it could be said that it was this very same mindset that lead to the downfall of BLACKCAT and placed a target on the troll children. However, the prince had to snort at the mention of skills. "There was nothing skilled about that entire organization. To have skill requires discipline, respect, and they lacked all. What good is an inventor who belittles his assistants and constantly creates devices that are subpar? What good are investigators who behave like mercenaries that do not obey the commands of their contractor, who act with insubordination so their discipline and mannerisms are on par with an infant? What good is a leader who cannot command the respect and loyalty he requires from those under his employ?" The demon rumbled, finding it useless to sugarcoat what was so plain to see. In fact, the demon had killed two of their strongest mercenaries. "They were doomed to fail from the very start."

As for Karkat's hopes to build a family, the prince shook his head. "There is no shame in building a family. What the boy did not see, was he already had one. His kin were his family, the boy's mistake was adding in those who were not of his home, his kind's way of life. I know not what the troll children needed, but a mother and father was not one, I remember one saying they required something called a lusus. Neither Terra nor Thomas were such beings." He explained evenly. "It was not only Karkat who grew on the citizen's tempers, there were others as well.  They had brought their blood heirarchey with them and imposed it upon the rest of the citizens, Kev. Despite their weakness, they acted as if they were better than many of those who had survived upon this plane for far longer. Yet at the end of it all, many of them could not last a single year despite their self-proclaimed superiority." The one called Terezi and the other, Sollux, followed in their leader's aggravating behavior. The others apparently were not so insolent. Although the prince admittedly had not held much conversation with the one named Eridan, for better or worse.

Thankfully Hazama did not prove to be incompetent, from what Kev was saying. He was smart enough to put on a facade, certainly... However, he lacked a certain finesse that kept the facade from being seen through. For instance, personally challenging the Breach to face him instead of allow some patsy to take the blame. Painting himself as a true villain instead of making the citizen's question his true intentions. In other words, he lacked diplomacy. Even so, the edges of the prince's maw could not help but tilt slightly at the goal behind it all. "Interesting... I do not believe I have heard of this venture." His curiosity however had turned towards the device that Kev had mentioned. From his description, it sounded much like some sort of time traveling machine."This Cauldron, did you and those you had worked with learned anything else about it?" He inquired. The chains the man wielded were also rather peculiar. A weapon that could demoralize a person just as quickly as it could rend their flesh... Hm. At the mention of them literally biting a person however, there was reason to wonder if perhaps they held a mind of their own. After all, a forged weapon did not bite like an animal would.

Prixlezub observed as Kev grew silent at his question, burning pupils picking up each small glance from the ground to the puddle of molten magma around his feet. For the few moments that passed, there was only the crackle of Prixlezub's mane as it billowed in the breeze. As he had expected, and in a way hoped, the alien had deduced that it anyone were to act as an enemy despite being a friend, he would step up to confront them. Of course, the people he had become friends with were not exactly good or innocent, that the prince knew... But he could not help but wonder if his dealings with one as powerful as the Lich may have warped this thought process. Not that he would admit this to the green alien. "Good, good." The demon replied with a nod of his horned head. "It is important to stand to one's own principles above all."

Kev's tone seemed to turn somewhat reflective when it came to the jungles, remembering his home planet fondly. With how curious he was about the place and his later wish to visit the place, the demon's thoughts were hardly inaccurate. "I remember you telling of your planet once, Kev. What were the jungles of your planet like?" He asked. As for the resources within the jungles, a plume of pale smoke curled from his grill. "Something along those lines. I had been searching for things in the ground, new metals and the like." The demon explained. "The jungle goes on for miles, even swallows up entire mountains. I believe you would find it to your liking, however I suggest you take along a guide to prevent becoming lost."

Kev's sheep certainly would miss him should he ever get turned around in those groves of thick trees for too long.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:54 am

The alien nodded in agreement. "That's a pretty good point. If someone wants to record the true happenings of an event from the past, it's best to stay with reliable sources. That's what the news people do as well!" Kev's own people had spread the word of the past by 'mouth', or rather mind. In stories told to young spawn, to friends, or told to them by the Elders, they were told the stories of the past and reminded of certain consequences. It was only in more recent years, after trade with the Thermians, that anyone had even bothered to write any of it down. The alien was not quite demoralized so much as he realized that the task of trying to write down the events of Portal Breach were a lot harder than he had first figured them to be. The Kryptonistanian thought it best left to someone who really knew what they were doing.

Kev let out a sheepish chuckle and rubbed the back of his neck as Prixlezub rightly asked why Kev never thought to actually ask a Librarian. "I usually don't like to bother the librarians there...they always look so busy, you know? They're there to help and all, but it feels like I'm bothering them if I ask...so I try to look for stuff on my own." It was better to be independent, right? Though in his early years, looking for information on his own had definitely led him to some...less than refutable sources. "I guess I hadn't really put too much serious thought into it at the time either. Next time I'm at the library, I'll ask for sure!" Ooh, and then the demon brought up something they had spoken of the last time they'd met up like this! Kev's eyes brightened for a moment as he leaned forward onto his legs. "I did find some books, actually! Unfortunately, none of it seemed to be anything I could pick up...some of the books I found talked about it being like a version of telepathy, where one could create the flames out of thin air and with their mind! That's never been something anyone of my kind could do though...the other books I found that didn't involve conjuring fire with a wand or some other magical thing, talked about creating the flames with the warmth and energy inside one's self. I didn't really have any luck conjuring up any flames that way...but it was all still very interesting to read. Definitely worth the trip to the library."

The alien's body language sobered up considerably when they spoke of Karkat and Thomas again. Indeed, both the wendigo and the troll had a habit of doing things and not really thinking about how it would affect people. Wasn't that why they broke apart as moirails? Thomas hadn't realized how busy and caught up in his work he'd become, and Karkat hadn't thought about how making someone who wasn't a troll a moirail, might not work out. "In the end, neither of them thought it through and...they just weren't ready. They couldn't be there for each other. And rather than face it, the both of them had their downfalls and basically left." Granted, one left in a drunken bender and the other disappeared out of nowhere, but still. Prixlezub insisted that there was nothing skilled about Blackcat. It'd only be fair to be objective, right? Kev thought for a moment, attempting to think up any of the accomplishments Blackcat had been apart of. Hmm...well, there was killing Ridley! Not that Kev really knew intimate details...and they'd needed help in the end. The effigies...hmm, they had definitely...looked at them! Tried to figure things out. Yet in the end...

"I wish they could have seen that. It would have saved a lot of trouble." Kev had never really had much faith in Blackcat. He tried to, for the sake of those he called friends at the time. He tried to be supportive, but their lack of information when the trolls were being threatened and harassed had rubbed him the wrong way. The only one still left was Barney, and Barney was someone who Kev could still easily call friend from that bunch. Sure, Barney hadn't been around much, but Kev still rather liked the fella. The rest of them...well, it was a little hard to call them friend when they left with no good byes.

Kev's head nodded at the demon's sage advice. Indeed, why did Karkat feel the need to latch onto Thomas and Terra both when he had a lot of other trolls around? None of them were adults, except maybe Mituna, but any one of them could easily be his moirail. "As much as I liked Karkat, I think it may have been unfair of him to attach himself to them and then try to push that sort of role onto them. I felt bad for Karkat when he said that Thomas was ignoring him, and not helping him...but sometimes you can't help someone because you're in a bad situation yourself. Plus, Thomas had never been a moirail before...it's almost like Karkat was trying to change him and...and Thomas left because of it..." For a moment, Kev's gaze directed to the ground, a few dots connecting before he looked back up at the demon. "He seemed to toss Terra aside not long after either. I think it's because he realized what you said, but it was still wrong of him to do that to her." For a brief, bitter moment, the alien wondered if perhaps Karkat was the main reason why Thomas and Terra both had left. Perhaps Karkat had been using them...thankfully the demon changed the subject to the other trolls. "I think Equius was the worst about that blood hierarchy. I vaguely remember him being mouthy at...Tally...? And she took him to the fight club and beat him up." None of them had lasted, in the end, and any claim to superiority was thus a waste.

The subject of Hazama seemed to interest Prixlezub greatly. "I think a lot of the people involved there have disappeared, or they are the private kind of people who keep to themselves." Vincent and Squall stuck out the clearest as having disappeared, while the strange time traveling girl was a lone wolf. "I think this was...two years ago? Yeah...two years this October or November, depending on whether you wanna count the initial fight or Hazama's goading as the beginning of it all." Good ole time travel. "If anyone has, I think it'd be Aradia. She's kind of made Hazama her arch enemy. And then there's Hakumen, he seemed to know a lot about it all too, though I haven't seen him around recently. If you ever wanted to check the base out yourself, I think it's still out in the Icelands area." Kev's answer to Prixlezub's question seemed to satisfy the demon. Kev nodded his own head in return. "Indeed. No matter what, right?" And Judge Fear himself had insisted that Kev do what he thought was right.

Their topic now onto the jungles, Kev's eyes squinted for a moment as he recollected, gathering his thoughts to remember his home planet. "What was left of them was very rich and plentiful. Very damp and dark the closer you were to the ground, it got a little denser when you went into the trees. We primarily made places in the trees to stay, little nested areas and places between the branches that we could sit. If you were too far away from the edge of the jungle, or too scared of leaving the brush, you could usually get satisfying sunlight by climbing close to the treetops! Just had to be smart about it. The plant life had my coloration too!" The alien ran his fingers across his own face, from the emerald scales to the yellowish mask marking. "Before the Thermians helped us and traded us these clothes, we mostly relied on our...ehe, natural camouflage. Ooh, and the plants in the jungles were always so useful. Some could make for good bandaging material, others made for good building, and some made for nice salves or ointments! Within the jungles, there were usually small little rivers or maybe a small lake near the edge of the jungle. Mm, but I wouldn't trust the lakes. If they were at the edge of the jungle, they were usually near where the planet was barren. Sometimes there was some sort of...thing lurking in the water. Chemicals of some kind, maybe? It never looked right."

Hm, so Prixlezub had gone to find metals in the ground! "Did you find any of the lizard people?" The jungles here sounded a lot bigger than the ones at home, miles long and they even enveloped mountains. Kev let out a wistful sigh. "It sounds great...you're right though, I'd need a guide! Maybe I could work something out with one of the lizard people. I kinda know a friend of their's!" Well, kinda meant that he once rode a beetle with the guy.

((Sorry this took so so SO long!))

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:16 pm

So, the alien did not wish to bother the librarians simply due to them looking "busy?" While it was best to let one keep on with their work, simply asking for a few minutes of their time and experience to find a book that in comparison would take Kev far longer to find... It did not seem like much of a bother in the first place. At this, the prince gave a small rumble of a chuckle. "You must not be intimidated so easily Kev. Even if you are bothering them, the most they can say is that the can help you in a few minutes or they will direct you to another librarian. What is a few minutes waiting for assistance when it takes hours to find a book on your own due to not knowing where it is placed or if it is not already checked out?" Prixlezub explained, although he could not help but remember that there were other methods, ones that required the use of a computer. He had seen a few patrons go to these devices and search for something within... What was it called, a database? Yes, that sounded about right, he decided, a plume of smoke curling from his grill openings. "If not a librarian, you could also look for a book electronically, Kev." That is, if Kev knew exactly what he was looking for and knew how to use the database.

Alas, the demon was not exactly well versed in using such devices. Something that he may need to change later on...

His gaze flicked back to Kev when he mentioned finding a few books on magic. "I see. While it is a pity that you have been unable to apply the magic that they teach, it is good to hear that you enjoyed what you found. Had you managed to find any books on mastering other elements? Perhaps fire is simply not the element that you take to." Of course, with how much the green alien liked fire, loved to watch it crackle and burn, this seemed  like an outright fallacy. One which the prince was quick to address. "Simply because you are interested in fire does not always mean you will master it across all fields. Some mages take to one element far better over the other, much like a person can enjoy what a craft produces but fail spectacularly at attempting it." He explained, the demon's base rumble lightly jostling the dust and pebbles at his feet.

The brightness in Kev's eyes fled in he face of the ugly topic that was Karkat and Thomas, his earlier vibrant glow fading to a sober expression. Yes, the demon's outlook had been harsh, but was it not also true? Even with his eventual compliance with his statement, the prince could not help but wonder why. "You seem saddened, Kev. Yet I do not remember you being close friends with either the troll child or the wendigo." He pointed out, "Why is it that you are so sullen?" Indeed, one could see this particular story as sad, he supposed, but all the same Kev's involvement had not been all that direct. He had been an observer, watching from the sidelines while this whole act of folly unfolded. Perhaps it was reminiscent of another event, something that hit the alien closer to home?

Only Kev's answer would explain it for certain.

As for BLACKCAT... "Even if they had seen the signs of their downfall, who is to say they would have heeded them? Blackcat's members leaned heavily towards pride and belligerence above all else." Much like a majority of the troll children that had made it to Portal Breach, now that he thought about it. Speaking of them, it seemed the reason for Kev's sober expression earlier came to light. He had liked Karkat. "How so? If the child was perhaps as insolent, thoughtless, and careless as the wendigo, what is there to like about him?" Prixlezub asked, curious. The alien felt pity for the two because Karkat had felt ignored, tried to make Thomas what he wanted him to be, which ended up in all three of them moving apart. However, the demon had not yet heard of this Terra... "What was her role in all of this?" He asked, observing as Kev's gaze left his and turned to the ground. What he said after, while one could say it would seem sensible if the man in particular had been a caring, loving man...The demon instead gave a smoky sigh as he slowly shook his horned head. "I highly doubt that was the case, Kev. Thomas was not a responsible man, nor was he a committed one. He likely had merely lost interest in the woman, leaving her for something more... to his liking." He replied, "Above all, I would not see the wendigo to be one who leaves out of conscientiousness of his actions, but more of a creature who would leave out of boredom. You give him too much credit, Kev." With that in mind, the subject, much to Kev's chagrin, would have to skip past Equius' scuffle with Tally and right back into the fire.

"Tell me, why is it that you feel so compelled to sympathize with an honorless man and an insolent child?" He inquired, the demon's bladed tail curling about the alien. Should Kev decided to look away when he gave his answer, all he would see was his face reflected in the polished metal.

Even as the subject turned to Hazama, it remained. Interestingly enough, the base where the fight had ensued still remained. However, the demon knew far better than to go investigating now. With all the time that had passed, it meant there were plenty of opportunities for Hazama's devices to be stolen or relocated by himself to a more secure area should he wish it. That is, if they remained at all after the fight was over with. "I will have to speak with Aradia sometime, then. Thank you, Kev." He decided. Although, there was always a chance that not everything was moved out of the base entirely...

It may be wise to explore that area as well. The demon's claws flexed slightly at the thought, already pondering a few ways to go about it.

As for the jungles, Kevwas more than willing to speak about what they were like. Damp, dark, rich, and plentiful. This was Kev's home and his people dwelled within the trees. Quite primitive, he had to admit. Then again, it was evident through prior conversation with the alien that his kind were not all that advanced to begin with. They ran around in the nude, although the prince did not understand completely how such a practice was all that shameful. His kind held little need for clothing, save for armor. The beings that held clothing as a requirement tended to be those that could not survive in harsh climates, or were sensitive to their environment. Humans, for instance, should they be out in the elements without covering, they could be burned by the sun's rays, or if the climate was harsh enough, die of exposure. The prince rumbled thoughtfully at the mention of possible chemicals within the water, perhaps there was, or maybe it was a sort of organism. However, since he had not been there himself, it was hard to say.

Given that it was a deep lake however...

His thoughts ended as Kev spoke up about his own travels to the jungle, asking if he had seen any lizard people. For a moment, the demon gave a small rumble, thinking. "I may have, Kev. Although many of them tend to stay to their cities than venture out into the jungles." He replied. Interestingly enough, Kev apparently knew a possible guide already. "Is that so? What may be their name, if I may ask?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:22 pm

It was really silly to be intimidated by the Librarians. They were just people who worked in the library, normal everyday people like anyone else. Plus, it was their job to help hapless citizens who were visiting. So when the Prince gave a rumbling chuckle at Kev's resistance to asking for help, Kev didn't even attempt to argue or defend himself. "They just always look so busy...and I always figured with enough time, I could find anything I need on my own. And anything interesting I find along the way is just a bonus! But you're right...next time I go there I should just buck up and say 'Ma'am, I need help finding this book', and be done with it! After you do it once, you can do it a hundred times." Mm, but as for attempting to do so electronically, such as with a computer... "I've browsed the internet a little bit, but that's the extent of my computer prowess. It's surprisingly hard sometimes...especially getting the internet started. I usually waited for someone to get off a computer who leaves the internet up on the screen. Maybe I could look with that too! With some assistance from the librarian the first few times..."

Prixlezub seemed interested that Kev had indeed found some books, even inquiring if he had found other books related to the other elements. "A few, but I mostly breezed past them. I think one or two of the books I had checked out also had more then just the fire in them, I had just focused on the fire chapters. Hmm..." The alien tapped his chin, that was actually an interesting thought. "Maybe I can find an element that is more fitting. Something that's an extension of telepathy, maybe. I could branch off of what I already have." Though he liked fire, it was true that liking something and actually having a talent for something weren't always directly related. "It'll be something to look into and explore." He said with an affirmative nod in the demon's direction.

Kev's head tilted to the side as the demon mentioned not seeing Kev as being a close friend to either Thomas or Karkat. "Well...it's a little hard to say what I was to them. Karkat, I think, was a good friend. At least, at one time...he was the first person to point out how...bad things were with Megamind. He pointed out how Megamind would get sad and despondent, how I'd have to cheer him up...and he pointed out that Megamind had loving friends and a loving wife. According to Karkat, he didn't really have anything to be so sad about all the time. Karkat was the first person to really get it into my head that Megamind and I..." He glanced off to the side. "That we weren't really friends after all... He also talked to me a lot about his problems with Thomas. How he felt traumatized after the Circus and how he barely saw Thomas...and I felt bad for him. I guess I thought me and him were in the same boat. Ignored by people who were supposed to be our brother, our moirail. I didn't really get Thomas' side of the story. He barely came to the Sanctuary, towards the end. From what Karkat said, he barely left Blackcat...at one point I liked Thomas too, Thomas even came over once to get my help in building a tolerance to telepathic attacks...but that was the only time he ever visited. We got along fine but...after he started Blackcat, he was sort of...a ghost."

Kev nodded solemnly in agreement. "Yeah...I mean, I wasn't really in the right state of mind at the time, but from what I've heard and remember, Blackcat did not take too kindly to the criticism they got during Phazon. They were...a bit stubborn. They were sort of 'my way or the highway' at times." Kev blinked several times as Prixlezub pointed out that there couldn't be all that much to like about Karkat. "I didn't like him much myself, at first. Very opinionated, and bossy. Rude. He didn't really like me at first either, I think he thought I was weak and dumb. Over time I just sort of realized that even though he said things that sounded rude, sometimes they were the truth. I grew to appreciate his bluntness. He was very straight forward, if he liked you he liked you. If he didn't..." The alien shrugged. "Then he didn't. Overtime he became...more insolent though. More likely to just antagonize people out of nowhere. I didn't pay too much attention, I just thought he was being himself. Somewhere along the line he just started to change. He'd get really angry and emotional, paranoid, confrontational...but sometimes you go through things with someone and you hold onto that feeling of comradery." As for Terra's role... "Terra was Thomas' girlfriend and because of her close relationships with Karkat and Terezi, she became something of a matriarch of the trolls." Prixlezub shook his head wearily, Kev's head tilting to the side. The alien squinted a bit as he tried to figure out what Prixlezub was saying before he understood. "Oh! Sorry, that was my fault. When I said 'he tossed her aside', I meant Karkat, not Thomas. Thomas...well, he sort of left her? But not in the typical way, he left her in the 'I'm going to drink myself to death' kind of...way. Karkat was the one who...basically kicked her out of the Hive and told her she couldn't be their 'mother' anymore. So really, what you said still applies."

Prixlezub must have been very interested in this topic now, because a tail wrapped its way around himself, lightly scraping across the dirt and sand. The alien glanced off to the side and at the bladed tail, giving the appendage a wary look before looking back to the demon. "I don't blame you for being curious. It isn't in your nature to sympathize with people you feel do not deserve it. I guess I sympathize because they were once people I called friends, and it's sad to know that they fell the way they did. They had potential and...in the end...they just gave up. They gave up and they started a chain reaction. More people gave up and left with them." Like a stack of dominos. "The two of them growing apart like that, affected more then just themselves. It affected Terra, the rest of the trolls, all of Blackcat, and anyone who was attached to them." If the two of them could have just talked to one another...worked out their issues? Come to an understanding...who knows what would have changed?

Thankfully, the topic was changed for a moment to Hazama, probably the only time the alien was thankful for Hazama. He nodded his head at the demon respectfully. "I think you'll find that Aradia is a lot more agreeable then the other trolls were. She's very nice and open-minded, though a little strange sometimes." He didn't know of anyone else who liked to hold corpse parties! The alien was even happier to talk about his home planet, many memories triggered in his mind. His planet may not have been much, but it had been home. By this point, he had basically come to grips and made peace with the simple fact that his people and planet had been destroyed. It was simply something he couldn't change, and now this place was home. Ah, so if Prixlezub had met any of the lizard people, it wasn't exactly much of a meeting. The lizard people stuck to their own places and cities, leaving Prixlezub alone to traverse the jungle land. "Can't blame them, I bet there's many predators in there." And he seemed curious about the potential guide! Kev had to lean back slightly to ponder, eyes grazing the darkening sky briefly as he did. "Mm...I don't remember him giving a name. I don't really remember a title either, at least not offhand. But he was the kind of guy who recognize at first glance!" The alien held up a hand and touched his fingertips to his own neck, around the collarbone. "From here down," He gestured down his chest. "he looked like a human. A muscular, mostly naked human. But up!" The hand gestured up his neck. "He had the head and neck of a cat! A big cat too, one with spots. A jaguar or a leopard, maybe.  Ever seen anyone like that?"

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:00 am

After you do it once, you could have done it a hundred times tended to be the way things were done, according to Kev. In a social situation, certainly, but in others... It took more than simply getting a good attempt on the first try to master them. As for searching for things electronically, it was best that Kev went ahead and asked for assistance. "That would be the best route of action, Kev." He replied approvingly. After all, if the alien was so ignorant as to be unable to figure out how to 'start the internet' as it were, one could only figure just what could happen should he decide to wing it himself.

Now then, the books that Kev had managed to find... Apparently Kev had breezed past the ones he did not want to look into, typical of many students just staring out in the arcane. They focused on what they wanted to learn instead of the steps leading up to what they wished to study, which of course would be tempered by the discipline of a good mentor. "I see." The demon replied, listening as the alien continued on about his thoughts regarding the arcane. It was then that the alien had thought that it would be better off perhaps looking for an offshoot of his telepathy. Ah, Kev... "Telepathy and those similar to it I would not say are part of the arcane. Those are more an extension of the mind, the will to communicate and effect objects using one's brain. To command the elements, however, are an entirely different schooling." He explained, quick to correct the alien before he made any wrong assumptions on the matter. Otherwise, Kev was free to explore where he pleased.

Karkat's mention within the conversation, while intriguing to listen to, was also rather sobering. At least to the alien. As the demon prince held little to no involvement with the troll child outside of aiding in Death's Ace in the contract signed out against BLACKCAT, there was little to invest sentimentally. Not to mention, he hardly found the groups, both the mercenaries and troll children, to be worth the tears. Each had reaped what they had sown. Regardless, the prince would hear Kev's explanation.

Apparently the troll child had won Kev's support through being the first to speak out about Megamind... Certainly, the prince had found a similar distaste with the inventor, albeit for different reasons. Kev's involvement on the other hand was that of one who continuously had to cheer up a sad, despondent Megamind. For all the most asinine reasons, of course. All the same, once Karkat had pulled Kev away from Megamind, he began to pile his own problems upon his slim shoulders all the while without a single word from the wendigo. As much as Prixlezub considered the demon to be an honorless creature, the more and more he listened, the more this started to sound like... "He was manipulating you." He rumbled once Kev had finished speaking. "Consider this, at the point that the troll child had told you to leave Megamind, he had started piling his own problems onto you. Never once had you stated that he tried to change his circumstances or remove the persons who had been burdening his mind. He may not have been Megamind, Kev, but he grew into someone that is just as bad." He rumbled, shifting his weight on his claws as he continued. "Thomas was never supposed to be a moirail, the boy knew that whether you wish to acknowledge it or not. He did not come here without any prior knowledge of what moirail was supposed to be, he was not ignorant by any means. Just as that pale excuse of an inventor never would be a brother." His description of the big-headed alien came out as a snarl, thick black smoke curling forth from his maw as readily as his lips curled to bare metallic teeth. "All of his problems, he sought out through assumption and willingly shutting out sense. He heard the wendigo's boasting as much as you had."

"I didn't like him much myself, at first. Very opinionated, and bossy. Rude. He didn't really like me at first either, I think he thought I was weak and dumb. Over time I just sort of realized that even though he said things that sounded rude, sometimes they were the truth. I grew to appreciate his bluntness. He was very straight forward, if he liked you he liked you. If he didn't... Then he didn't."

At this, the demon quirked a brow at the smaller creature. Was this truly how he had become friends with the insolent troll child? A smoky sigh plumed from his grill as he pondered over the alien's words before replying, "Would you really consider one a friend when you had not been drawn to them by appeal, but through tolerating them and their insults? What you describe does not sound like friendship, but numbing yourself to him. The paranoia, insolence, antagonistic nature... All that you describe merely were his truer colors that bled through once things stopped going his way. Throwing a tantrum like the child he was." He explained evenly, his earlier irritation having simmered down. Now then, what was this about a self-proclaimed matriarch of the trolls? A disapproving rumble shook the air, that was not her place either. Either way, her fate had been the work of both her involvement and the troll children's tempers. There was little to point out that was not already apparent.

Despite this, Kev was still one to hold onto old "friends" even if they were creatures that were underserving of the name. The alien, as much as he would not like to admit it, had an issue with retaining past attachments, including the toxic ones. Attachments that no longer mattered in the grander scale of things. Of course, such was the nature of mortal creatures, he supposed. Although the demon could never fathom why one would feel sympathy for those that were so willingly... poisonous. To others, like Megamind had been to Minion. Ah, but Kev's true vice it seemed was that people kept leaving. People he had so gladly attached to no matter who they were. "You are destroying yourself, continuing to dwell on the absence of others so deeply. There is a saying among our kind, 'Do not howl for the dead, for they will not return at your call.' Remember them, yes and learn from them, but do not carry their burdens upon your shoulders, for they are not yours to bear. The reasoning for their absence, their schism, likewise, is not yours to fret over. Those that followed in their wake left for their own purposes, their own weaknesses." The demon reasoned slowly. "Are there not always newcomers to take their place? To live and exist is a trial, Kev. Especially upon this plane. Those that do not come back choose to not return due to their own weaknesses, just as those leave choose to do so usually out of an interest in finding a more rewarding existence, regardless of whether they had earned it or not." The demon explained. by now Kev would find that love is not the glue that binds, nor is it companionship or fondness, but one's will. Both persons needed to retain that will if they wished to remain, to exist. No amount of change would originate from one that did not wish to change, lacked the interest and strength to reform themselves.

It was as simple as that.

Either through finding his posture to be natural or simply being too engrossed in thought to notice Kev's discomfort at the close proximity of his blade, the demon paid the wary look little mind. Aradia... That name was very familiar. "Yes, I have heard of that name before... She is one who delights in exploring and finding relics. I remember she had telekinetic powers as well." He rumbled thoughtfully. Strangeness of course was hardly an issue with one as well traveled as the prince. Speaking of that, Kev's description sounded very, very familiar. "Ah, you mean the Leopard Warrior. He had been our guide as well during the first expedition into the jungles. He is a very honorable creature, I remember... Although I have not seen much of him lately. How was he?" Prixlezub asked, his curiosity once more piqued.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:43 pm

((And I am especially sorry that this one took so damn long!))

The best route of action agreed upon, they moved on in their discussion. Specifically, to a correction on what could and could not be learned through magical means. "They're not?" Kev tilted his head as he listened. Right...technically any of those powers probably were considered more a branch of mind and concentration, rather then magic. "Oh...I figured telekinesis at least would be more...like the arcane, but when you put it that way..." It was one thing to move something with your mind, or communicate telepathically. It was a whole other thing entirely to command something like fire or water to move to your command. The mind was involved, but not quite as much. Now, the psychic powers of the Judges may be a bit fuzzier, but Kev had a feeling that one had to be undead in order to have those abilities. "I think I might try to branch out then, maybe starting with the basics of the 'arcane' would be good. Work from the bottom up!" So that he wouldn't make any rookie mistakes like the one he'd just made.

The demon was quiet for the moment, merely listening and watching as Kev explained how he had considered Karkat a friend, and how Karkat had first acted like one. He could tell that the gears were turning inside Prixlezub's mind, taking all of this in and what it all pointed to. Prixlezub spoke his conclusion, and the alien's body stiffened immediately. "W-what?" Kev had left Megamind, only to fall into a friendship with another manipulator? Kev's fingers dug into the dirt anxiously, back stiff and straight as the demon went on. "B-but he listened to me too, we listened to each other, so it went both ways. That means it was equal, right?" That Karkat wasn't Megamind with a different name!

"Never once had you stated that he tried to change his circumstances or remove the persons who had been burdening his mind. He may not have been Megamind, Kev, but he grew into someone that is just as bad."

"..." Kev looked down at his own lap. That was...a good point. For all of Karkat's worries and fears, depression, for all of the feelings he'd had about Thomas and his organization...what had Karkat done to make it better? "I know he said he went to talk to him but...it didn't do much...it was only a couple of months later that...Thomas' place was attacked, Thomas died and Karkat cut Terra out of their life. He didn't really...try to do anything to fix the situation with Thomas and in the end..." In the end, he'd hurt Terra, who did not deserve to be disowned by the Trolls. Had it been folly to be their matriarch? Yes, but it was a title Karkat had given to her, only to take it away just as fast. He was...just as bad as Megamind, in doing that. Maybe even more, because even though Megamind had left Skyler and Livewire, he at least never 'took away' the title of 'daughter' that he had given them. He heaved a heavy sigh, form slumping a bit before he offered the demon a weary nod. "No, I'm with you. I acknowledge it. Karkat and Terezi tried to push that sort of...role onto people without properly informing them of what it was, or what it entailed. It wasn't Thomas nor Terra's responsibility to take up the 'mantle' of moirails, or be their parents." Being friends was one thing, but to suddenly toss a familial role in there, or whatever role moirail counted as? It made things complicated. Just as it had with Megamind, who was also mentioned by the demon, though definitely without a lot of 'love' for him. The snarl made him tense up, looking back up at Prixlezub's face with an almost curious look in his eyes. What was Prixlezub's 'relationship' with Megamind anyway? "In hindsight, I guess the trolls were the only ones who got anything out of that kind of relationship anyway." Another red flag.

The demon was also not impressed by Kev's method for befriending Karkat. "Well...at the time, I figured that some people have a prickly exterior. Some people don't seem very friendly at first, and then you get to know them and they open up to you more, and that's where you really become friends with them. But in Karkat's face...maybe I ignored some of his more negative qualities because I thought he was helping me. Because I thought that in the end...he was my friend." And yet the friendship in the end, had gone nowhere. Karkat eventually withdrew from everyone, before up and disappearing without another word. Mmngh...the alien brought up a knee and rested his arms upon it, keeping his eyes steady on the demon even as he let out a rumble that shook the rocks around them. From the sounds of it, a lot of these details were new for the demon to hear. Rather annoying or upsetting to hear as well, but it was better to be informed then to be uninformed about these sorts of things, right?

"You are destroying yourself, continuing to dwell on the absence of others so deeply."

A cold shiver went down the alien's spine at that, cold and yet biting like fire. The alien visibly shuddered before averting his eyes, ashamed. Destroying himself...perhaps he was. Kev knew that he had something of a...problem when it came to letting go of the past. He was resistant, even when he tried to force himself to forget people or ignore things. The demon relayed a saying, a very deep one at that. Not to mention rather apt. Kev had been howling for the dead for a while, and every time that they did not heed his call, it hurt. Forgetting them was not the solution though. Prixlezub insisted that remembering people and their mistakes was important for learning, but that the burdens associated should not be hoisted upon one's shoulders like a constricting yoke. Their issues...their problems...whatever it was that lead them to leave, it was not Kev's to worry about or fret over. He had no place in it, no personal place at least. "There are but...that's part of the problem too. I don't want everyone to wind up being replaced by some stranger. Some of the newcomers are nice but...I think it'd be for the best if I keep to myself more. And...focus on the people I still have." Maybe then he could stop destroying himself... The demon also pointed out that those who left did so due to weaknesses, as well as perhaps a more rewarding existence to be found elsewhere. "You are...right, Prixlezub. I'm destroying myself and I am sorry. And I'm going to fix myself. I'm going to become stronger. I'm going to fix what's been broken and I'll be better then I ever was." He was going to do something rather then sit atop a wasteland and whine at the demon for the rest of his life.

Still keeping that tail in the corner of his vision, Kev nodded unsteadily. "Yep, that's her. Long hair, curly horns, likes exploring and being an adventurer, and telekinetic." A very interesting young girl, definitely. And it seems Prixlezub was familiar with him! Leopard Warrior, that was him! "Ooh, you were there too?" Not that Kev was, and he had only heard the briefest things about the expedition. Sounded like an adventure, definitely. As for how the Leopard Warrior was now? "I am...not sure, actually. It's been a while since I've seen him to be honest. A...couple of years? I only met him when the robots were going crazy and attacking people. He arrived with the Ss'ruul and helped give us back up. He seemed very honorable, though kind of a loner. Even though we haven't seen him recently, I bet he's around here somewhere."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:42 pm