Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Under the Stars

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:16 am

Time: Sunset
    Date: September 26, 0005

Another splendid midsummer eve, the sun's dying rays painting a fiery array of reds and oranges as it set on the horizon. As if the sand were a mirror it too reflected the sunset, coloring the wastes a vibrant red that was offset by icy shadows of deep blues. However, where one sun was setting, another was apparently rising on the opposite horizon. From the steadily approaching nighttime scape of blackish blue and glittering stars approached a smaller, but still quite fiery being. While they were not vibrant enough to light up the sky or sand in dawn's splendor, in the creature's wake was a trail of fire, sand bubbling and boiling into molten glass with each footfall. Further behind was a steady trail of black glass in the shape of vague footprints, hoof and claw melting into similar shapes as their heat rendered the ground into puddles of molten magma left to cool on the desert breeze.

Soon they too would be swallowed by the ever-shifting sands of this place.

Desert creature's fled at the beast's thundering pace, the scent of smoke and sulfur thick in the air at his passing alongside an unnatural aura of intense heat. These diminutive beings, lizards, snakes, vermin... They were hardly of interest as he lumbered on. Ahead was the fiery being's true destination and interest, a massive butte of sandstone that towered into the sky. As he drew closer, the being's grill openings flared and puffed, thick black smoke curling from their depths. After a few moments of testing the air, the massive being gave a small, equally smoky sigh. Upon the wind he had detected not a trace of the green alien's scent, no odor of sheep and the other furry residents of the cottage, nor of his home's familiar, cozy smell. At least not from the towering outcrop of stone ahead.

Further on however, he could detect the alien's approach.  It would only be a matter of time before he arrived at their meeting place. Keeping his pace, the prince's long stride quickly brought him to the foot of the butte, meandering around the edges of boulders and flat rocky platforms before stopping on the sunny side of the sandstone formation. For a moment he gazed over the undulating dunes and flat badlands beyond, how odd that this place, known so well to him through the slaughter of the arrogant, the foolish, would soon entertain a meeting between two acquaintances. Not for blood nor honor, but merely as a casual arrangement for conversation.

Even if said casual arrangement had an unusual means of sending the alien's memo. Certainly he would find the prince's method of delivery a tad confusing. Regardless, the prince settled on his haunches, the demon's burning eyes set in the direction from where he detected Kev's approach. All the while the massive blade upon his tail idly swayed from side to side against the sand, carving out a smooth, even patch against the smaller rolling dunes that rolled up against the foot of the butte.

(Zim, since you are probably busy with school stuff, don't worry about posting to this thread right away. Take your time and get other things out of the way first if you need to.)
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Under the Stars

Post by Kev on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Kev was not quite sure when he should have left the cottage. The note did not mention any specific time, though he also knew it'd be better to walk in the wastelands when he still had some sun. The alien could see in the dark, but walking around in the dark wasn't exactly safe. The Wastes could also be quite hot with the sun high up in the sky, hence why they had planned to meet in the evening. In the end, Kev decided to leave an hour, nearly an hour and a half before the sun would usually set. With a farewell, a hug, and a promise to be back later for all those Kev lived with, he made the journey from the heartlands to the wastelands.

The alien had to admit, the detail in the map was rather striking. Again, Kev wondered how Prixlezub could have dropped it off in his cottage, or even written it. The idea of Prixlezub lurking over this tiny scrap, balancing a pen between his claws...it was an awkward mental image. Kev ran a gloved finger over one of the written landmarks, spying its real world counterpart easily. It didn't quite seem to be ink. Perhaps Prixlezub used some sort of magic to create this. The area beneath Kev's feet transitioned from lush grass to compacted dirt, the alien casting a glance around. He remember the last time they had met together like this, and agreed that meeting in the wasteland was a good choice. Kev hadn't been in this area for a while, though not much had changed as far as he could see. A red landscape with a whole lot of nothing besides the landscape. He remember that the wastelands were something of an expansive area, and he held the map a bit closer to make sure he wouldn't forget any important details. It was all pretty straight forward though, and as he continued further into the wastelands, he couldn't help but ponder over the meeting.

One of the last times they had met, Kev might have spoken too much about a certain Judge friend. What started as a joke leaked some kernels of truth, and perhaps this meeting could allow Kev to salvage that conversation. At the same time...what if Prixlezub had wanted to talk specifically to ask about it? Kev had been told before that he was a terrible liar, and he was inclined to agree. It was kinda hard to lie to a car demon's face too. But it wasn't like Kev had anything to hide! Nope, no secret plans or anything here. Kev was totally without things to hide. Completely secret-less. Why, if anything, he was in need of secrets to keep!

"Nnngh..." Was the anxious noise the alien made, bunching the map in his hands before realizing what he was doing and attempting to smooth out the creases. Last time he'd spoken with Prixlezub, it had gone quite well! They had both learned more about each other and it had been a nice visit, all in all. This was going to be a nice visit too, whether he had to lie or not. Some time went by as Kev again looked to the map, turning it this way and that to make sure he was spotting the right land marks, going the right way. He was nearing the end of the path, and at the end was a little area of wasteland that rose up like a mountain. A rock formation, Prixlezub had called it in the note, one that would make for a nice view of both sky and horizon. Even though he sometimes got a nice view of such outside of his cottage, to view it from this rock formation might be a nice change of pace.

Finally, Kev could spot something in the distance. It was raised up, and resembled the rock formation on the map. The alien could also spy something red next to the rocky structure. Well...redder than the landscape. The alien quickened his pace as he approached the butte, giving the demon a wave as he approached, legs a little rubbery as he walked across the dunes. Eventually he came to a stop at the butte and plopped onto the sand unceremoniously, legs rightfully relieved to not be walking anymore. "Phew...hello Prixlezub! Nice to see you again." The alien held up the paper in his hand, giving it a slight wave. "I got your note. ...Well, that's kinda obvious, if I didn't get it I wouldn't be here. You know what I mean. Your directions were pretty good, and the map helped. How've you been?" He leaned forward on his knees, curious.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:07 pm

Interesting, another scent lingered on the air from the direction of Kev's approach. Was that fear the demon smelled? A low rumble permeated the air as the prince waited for him to come closer, pondering. Certainly there was nothing for the alien to feel any sort of anxiety over regrading the prince, could there? Unless... Ah, the previous visit in the Sanctuary was not like the last, was it. No, the alien had 'joked' about world domination and destruction, all of which sounded rather sincere and intended before he had taken back his statements and attempted to cover it with the guise of a joke. Yes, for who joked about conspiring the destruction of an entire planet? However, it was suspiciously unlike the green alien to attempt to hide things, even more so to feel anxiety at their meeting.

Had he not been amiable enough during their previous visit? Back in the winter of the prior year where the alien had been cognizant of the examples he made of four citizens, Kev had known better than to fear the massive demon. After all, his temper was only roused when provoked or insulted. Neither of which he had ever done, and therefore made his anxiety senseless.

Regardless, the prince would wait before bringing up the subject. Why press and force when one could readily confess and explain on their own, calm and relaxed.

Soon enough he saw the pale glow of the alien's life signature draw over the reach of his gaze, steadily drawing nearer with each step. Hm, looks like the walk was a little more strenuous than the prince had previously expected... With how the alien tended to frequent visiting the Sanctuary from all the way up in the grasslands, he had thought his legs would be a little more toned for the task. though as he looked closer... Had he not thought to bring a canteen or waterskin with him, a way of hydrating himself along the way? Perhaps he had grown too excited to think that far, although the prince figured he likely knew better given the destination. No, it was not excitement that brought him to forget most likely, but the source of that ever distracting stink of fear.

Once Kev came close enough, Prixlezub gave a small nod, his resonating voice shaking the sand into a frenzied dance as he addressed the alien. "Greetings, Kev. I trust your travels were without unwanted interruptions?" There was no interrogating tone in his voice, only the warmth that one would give to a well-regarded acquaintance. All six of his eyes traveled down to gaze at the paper he had brought with him, intact if not a little crumpled. Hm.

"It seems you had a little trouble pocketing it." He observed, "You had gotten it with plenty of time to spare for your walk, I hope?" He asked, although the alien's evident fatigue was evident on his form, the tiny denizen still managed to put up a rather friendly face. Admirable, how not even a few long miles of travel would stifle his personality."I have been fine, Kev. Though you seem rather drained from your walk." He replied. Sometimes the prince forgot just how long of a distance it was from the meadow to the wastes. His own long strides made the long miles seem paltry in comparison to the arduous effort Kev needed to put up to make it out here. Stepping forward, the prince appeared to bow, lowering his head to the ground until metal of his massive horns gently hissed upon the sands. "Come, have a seat while we climb up to the top, you look exhausted." He politely offered. "I cannot help but notice that you forgot to bring water with you. Is there something the matter? With how important it is to your well being, I would think that you would not hesitate to bring a container of it to quench your thirst along the way." He added after a moment. Yes, he had remembered what Kev had said all those months ago, sunlight and water were prime necessities to keep the alien well. In fact they may as well be his lifeblood with his dependence on the ever nourishing process of photosynthesis.

Should Kev accept, and there was little reason not to, he would find that the demon's horns were not as heated as the rest of his form, feeling comfortably cool in comparison, along with being large enough for the alien to sit astride comfortably.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:45 pm

"Nope, not a single interruption!" The alien answered, momentarily distracted by the vibrating sand. He wondered briefly if Prixlezub's voice was just that deep and growly, or if his being so large also had a hand in it, or perhaps both. If the demon were so inclined, could he create a chasm in the ground just by roaring? He looked up at the demon and blinked. "Hm?" Trouble pocketing...oh! Kev looked at the map guiltily and attempted to smooth the creases out once more, laying it flat across a thigh and pressing his fingers against the folded bits of paper. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin it. It had to have taken a lot of work to get all the details down on here. How did you make this, by the way? I'm guessing some sort of magic?" The alien's eyes looked up briefly, eyes flickering to the clawed paws of the demon. Again, the image of Prixlezub trying to hold a pen with those seemed unrealistic. This note had to have been created by some other means. "Oh yes! I got it when I woke up this morning." Definitely quite a bit of time between getting the note and leaving for the wastelands.

At the observation that he seemed drained from the walk, the alien shrugged sheepishly. "It seems to be about the same distance from the cottage to here as it is to the city, though the terrain is a bit different...and I usually leave in enough time to just walk leisurely to the city. This time I put a bit more hustle in it. Didn't want to keep you waiting." That'd have been awfully rude, to just wander around at a leisurely pace and even get a little lost while a friend was waiting for him to show up.  When the demon suddenly came forward and bowed his head, the alien blinked at the other, a little clueless about the gesture. Though soon Prixlezub explained.

"Oh! Well, thanks! Just let me know if I step on anything important or something." Kev pulled himself back up and regarded the horns cautiously before using them as stepping stones. Interesting little appendages, these horns. They didn't feel much like Glen's little horns, no, they felt a lot...stronger. More metallic. They were cool like metal too, which was interesting considering the warmth that radiated off of the demon naturally. In hindsight, perhaps the alien should have brought some kind of climbing equipment so they could make this climb up the butte. Though it would take even longer for him to climb up. In the end, hitching a ride up was the fastest way for them both to get up here. Kev found a spot in the horns to sit, wrapping both arms around the horn as he blinked at the demon's suggestion. "I didn't even think to bring water with me! Nothing's the matter, no, I'm fine. It just sort of...never occurred to me, I guess. The last few times I ever came here, I didn't bring water along. Though I think every other time I came out here was for a fight, rather than a friendly get together. I did drink a lot of tea and water before I came out here though!" Now seated, the alien looked down at Prixlezub the best he could. "I'm ready." Even though Prixlezub had quite the harsh reputation, and indeed his wrath could be rather harsh, the alien couldn't help but feel calmer now. The demon had something of a silver tongue at times, and the way he spoke was very personable and polite.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:04 am

Good, an uneventful journey was the best when it came to walking out in the wilderness. Though, admittedly the demon noted that not many tended to rouse any rioting or razing out in the grasslands. In fact, most of the wilderness was rather peaceful aside from the natural activities and hunting patterns of the local wildlife. Regardless, the prince had chosen Kev's route for a good reason, its way ensured the least resistance and while plotting it out he detected no recent signs of malicious activity. No coppery stink of blood or fear, at least in amounts copious enough to hint at a habitual behavior of nearby opportunistic predators or more unscrupulous types who tended to prey on travelers. It was far too quiet for such activities, the path unmarked aside from his etchings on the thick paper and certain landmarks to go by.

Once again the sand shook with a deep penetrating rumble, organ jarring in its tone. "Good, good." He replied contentedly. At his mention of the map, the alien seemed confused for a moment before realizing he still held it in his hand. The massive demon observed quietly as he smoothed out the creases in the letter before speaking. Interestingly enough, the alien decided that the prince had used magic to send the letter. A deep, rumbling rolled from the demon's throat at the notion, his horned head giving a slight shake in disagreement. He had thought the alien knew better than to assume his character, especially where he should already know by now what powers the prince once held at his claw-tips. He had explained himself back on that fateful winter day. "Magic is far lesser than the abilities my kin commands. It is the makings of blood rites, ancient tongues of long dead gods uttered for petty interests. The unenlightened, the mortal, rely upon magic for their bidding." He reminded. However, that did not mean the prince did not catch onto the alien's meaning. "In fact I remember speaking to you of this in the winter of the prior year. Kev, surely we have not been isolated from each other for so long that you have forgotten? I would like to think your memory is better than that." He rumbled, the humoring tone in his voice fading into something more even. In a way, one could call the prince disappointed. "Or perhaps you have mistaken me for another demon?"

A lesser one.

What happened to the alien who listened as he spoke of his kind's terrifying ingenuity, their developments of weapons and armor. The corrosive mists distilled from the acid lakes of his home to eat away at his kin's adversaries from the inside out, his recitation of his kind's mastery over the elements of his home plane... Had he forgotten them so quickly? Alas, the prince perhaps had mistaken himself on the longevity of a mortal's memory, although he knew the alien could remember much further back than their insightful meeting upon that February afternoon. Regardless, the alien's mannerisms were puzzling to be sure. Even if his sheepish nature remained intact, ever conscientious of arriving in a timely manner.

"To answer your question, Kev, I do have instruments aside from my claws for writing out messages that are easier for a smaller being to handle." Prixlezub explained Certainly Kev did not expect the prince to simply drop off a massive obelisk of stone in his front yard? Not only would such an action be impractical to both the demon and alien, it was also rather rude to simply leave massive stone tablets lying around to block Kev's fields and otherwise create eyesores upon his property. Despite this, it was pleasing to hear he received the letter in a timely manner. As for the walk, "I see."

However, as the alien continued on, the prince realized he was forgetting more than merely their talk during the prior year, but the events of the sleepover on his own property. "You do not remember having ridden astride my horns either?" Prixlezub questioned, finding the alien's memory loss puzzling. "Praytell, do you have any memory of the events that had befallen the summer of the prior year, the sleepover we shared with Lawrence, Jo, and Zurg?" He asked carefully. "It is unlike you to be so forgetful." Especially regarding an outing with friends, close friends. However, since the alien needed a refresher course in more than a few areas, the demon would oblige for his sake. "Hold tight." He warned, turning to the butte. A few large cliffs jutted out from the side, too large for the alien to scale without equipment, but the perfect size for the prince to use as steps as he ascended. In leaps and bounds, the demon prince sank his thick claws into the stone, moving from one cliff to another until he reached the flat, smooth top of the rock formation.

A thoughtful hum escaped the demon's throat as the alien had taken mention of not even thinking about bringing water along for the journey. The alien's mind was growing slippery as of late, in fact the only other he could think of who had such a poor way of remembering had been Blade. His kingdom a mystery even to himself as he attempted to make a tour for the towering demon prince. "Drinking fluids beforehand does not aid one when crossing the ever dry span of the desert. As well, tea is a dehydrating drink, it does nothing for keeping your body from drying out." He rumbled. The same went for many bean and leaf infused drinks, as the prince had come to observe over his long lifespan. For one as fragile as Kev, he would have thought he would have been more cognizant of such a reality.

Lowering his head to the dusty stone beneath him, he idly glanced towards Kev's direction again. Of course, likely his blunders could be the result of dehydration, but the prince could not shake what was so keenly in front of his nose. "Are you certain everything is well?" He asked once more, before adding another observation. "You were radiating fear on the way to meet me. I could smell it miles before you came into view." He confessed, sitting down upon the flattened sandstone with his tail idly curling out behind him. That alongside the alien's forgetfulness made the demon rather suspicious already.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:56 pm

The grasslands were indeed a rather peaceful place. There were some predators in the area, though Kev had several different creatures who could help keep Kev's sheep from becoming happy meals. The city really was the place that seemed to have crime most, or at least the outer district. Though of course, the best crimes were those that went unreported, and it wasn't as though Kev's land was blood-free anymore. Just because the lands may seem peaceful did not mean they may be, though Kev was glad that his walk to the wastelands had gone well. He hadn't even encountered anybody else on the way here. Kinda made the alien realize just how many people stuck near the city.

Not magic? The alien tilted his head. Magic, it seems, was something much less than what the demon could do. Blood rites? Kev gave the map a thoughtful look. Did that mean the writing was in blood...? The alien's eyes shifted up to the demon thoughtfully, as he reminisced about their last meeting, that felt like so long ago. The alien had a tendency to assume anything unfamiliar was magic, there was a time when he thought technology was magic! Though he averted his eyes guiltily at the disappointment the car demon seemed to have. "I'm sorry. It seems like it was so long ago...I promise, I don't mean to disrespect you or what you can do. It was very impressive, whatever you did specifically to write such a detailed map and get it inside the cottage." As for getting Prixlezub mixed up with a lesser demon, perhaps Kev had been too used to Daemeon's tricks, such haphazard skills and magics that seemed conjured from nowhere.

"I see. Whatever instruments you have must be very interesting. The ink is very distinctive." The alien blinked and shook his head. "No, I remember that! You gave me a ride while we got some firewood. Its just been a while, I don't quite remember where I had to put my feet. I'd hate to kick you somewhere important." That would make for a very unhappy visit. The demon's urging was even very much like he'd done when they sprinted to get firewood, the alien heeding his words and gripping onto the horns tightly. It didn't take much effort for the demon to climb his way up the side of the butte, the ride definitely cutting down their travel time. Though such interesting information the demon knew.

"I figured since the sun would be going down soon anyway, I'd be alright. But I didn't realize tea was a dehydrating drink! Its always so delicious..." Tricky tea, being so tasty and yet apparently not so good for his body! Just like most delicious treats, it seems. Prixlezub's head came down and Kev climbed until his feet were flat against the sandy top of the butte, backing up a few steps to give Prixlezub room to move his head. "I'm sure, everything's fine-"

Prixlezub wrote:"You were radiating fear on the way to meet me. I could smell it miles before you came into view."

The alien flinched before looking up into the car demon's luminescent eyes. Of course, the demon could sense souls. If he could detect something like that, of course he could smell something like fear. For a moment, he fumbled with his hands, thinking on how to answer. A believable lie? Perhaps the truth, or at least most of the truth, would be better... "I-I was nervous because of one of the last times we were in the Sanctuary together. I really was joking...see, Livewire made a joke one time about how I could take over the place with my friendly nature and habit of befriending just about everyone. And usually I'll joke about taking over the world with Livewire. That day, Nyreena was there and I was trying to cheer her up. But I think I started to say a few things that are related to something else." Here the alien got quite anxious, almost as fearful as he had been on the way to their meetup.

"I have this...friend. And he...kinda...wantstokillallthingsliving." The alien spoke quickly, pausing for a moment to look up at Prixlezub. "Its no secret, he's kinda made that obvious. He announces it a lot. And I've been hanging around with him a lot so I guess his 'I want to kill things' rhetoric kinda seeped through when I was joking. I promise you though, I myself have no plans to take over the place. I wouldn't have anything to do with the place. I was a little scared because I know how that sounded and you seemed pretty...interested. I was scared you'd ask me about it. And most of my friends who find out I'm friends with this guy don't...approve." It was the honest truth. With a few details left out, mainly to do with Ridley and nukes.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:29 am

Thankfully, the prince was far cleaner as to not use blood to draw out the map. No matter how hard the alien stared or sniffed at it, he would find no coppery scent to meet his nostrils. His squint at the map upon the demon's mention of such practices decidedly meant that a few things were lost in translation. "I did not use blood, Kev." He rumbled evenly, "Our kind do not perform blood rites, and bodily fluids hold no mystical power that is useful to us. I would prefer you hold such behavior to the one known as Daemeon instead of myself." Not to mention using blood for anything was unsanitary, disgusting even. There were other mediums that could be used for ink instead of slitting a throat for it. Besides, the lesser demon reeked of spilled blood whenever he was within the prince's presence, above all the demon prince did not wish to be associated with such a base and tactless creature.

To hear that their meeting had been so long ago that the alien had genuinely forgotten was understandable. Not all upon this realm had the gift of his kin's memory. "I accept your apology, it has been over a year since our previous meeting. At times I forget that memories can be fleeting to others." He replied. Otherwise, he found it slightly amusing that such a feat was considered impressive. Kev's house was not exactly a fortress by any means. Although he could detect a hint of something that was new to the alien's scent. Something mechanical. Perhaps the green alien had decided to get into using some machinery around his home? Regardless, the green alien had decided the black ink upon the paper was very distinctive. Not exactly what the demon would have used to describe his letter, but interesting nonetheless.

At least Kev managed to remember the events of the sleepover, but apparently not all the details were in line. "My horns are very sturdy, Kev. There is no need to fret." He reassured. Otherwise he expected Kev not to sit upon the pointy ends of his horns or their tines. As for tea, the prince did not mind the flavors with the more earthy aromas, more to smell as the demon had no need nor ability to enjoy the beverage through drinking it. However, he knew from the mortals tended to react to it that with each cup they drank, they only wanted more to drink, sometimes three or four cups. "It is the nature of the tea that is extracted from the leaves. You may notice at times if you drink enough of it you may feel only more thirsty instead of quenched." He explained evenly. Even if the alien was leaving in the evening to the desert, it still was a long walk, and he had obviously exerted himself.

Once the alien had stepped down from his horns, Prixlezub once again rose his head to its lofty height. Kev on the other hand... That hesitation and stink of fear once again emanated from his slender form. His choice to tell at least a partial truth was far better than stuttering a lie to his face, to so blatantly dismiss the prince's intelligence would not be wise. however, the prince could not help but quirk a brow at his fumbling about before he had explained himself. "I see. However I have heard plenty of jokes in my time, and many who tell them do not usually speak with such conviction to their stories. To talk of taking over the world with a friendly personality jokingly is far different than speaking of taking it over with forcefulness and the beginnings of a useful plan. Unless you had managed to come across another cup of distilled evil while Zurg was not looking." He replied thoughtfully, his burning gaze remaining upon the alien. Fear only grew thicker around the alien as he went on, explaining that his joke began to pertain to someone else while he was trying to cheer up the ghost woman.

Rather an odd pursuit, given how quickly and easily Nyreena had pledged herself to the Mar boy. Later on, the demon would likely realize how similar her poor decision in aiding him was to a certain musical play she enjoyed as well. Despite this, the demon listened carefully as Kev went on to explain that his friend was... "You are friends with Judge Fear, then?" Not exactly surprising. Kev was a very bubbly, friendly person. To make a new friends was to breathing for him, and the undead lawman was no exception. However, the demon did not glare, nor rain fiery thunder upon the small man's head over his choice of friends. Instead, a plume of smoke gently puffed from his grill openings as he turned his gaze to the horizon. by now the majority of the sun had dipped below the horizon, stars and their constellations beginning to take their place within the sky. "I do not doubt that you would not want to take over this place, but he on the other hand... The undead, even upon the material plane, were not ones to suffer the living unless bound to a mancer. He on the other hand still retains a life essence, a spirit of some sort as I can detect its presence upon his being. It reminds me of the creatures that sometimes inhabit the material plane, Necrosimancers, or Lich's as they are more commonly called." He rumbled evenly, the demon's thick tail curling slowly about his claws. "They were powerful beings, Kev. I only worry that you are unaware of what you are dealing with." Or even worse, in denial of their power and true nature. Certainly a living embodiment of death was always a good ally, but so long as they had their free will intact and an interest to destroy all that lived... It was only a matter of time before the tables were turned.

At the same time, there was another detail that the prince could not help but find come to mind. Something of an ulterior motive for the alien's rather odd affair with a bringer of death and destruction.

"Unless this 'friendship' has to do with the space dragon. I remember your prior attempts at vengeance did not go as you had planned." He rumbled ponderously. Of course, while the alien was bubbly and perhaps scattered at times, he knew the creature was no fool. To keep butting heads with a creature that killed you once was nothing but insanity unless you found a means of power to keep at your side. One that seemed very much like a Lich, a creature that could kill with his stare alone, would certainly suffice. Though to simply have the undead at the alien's side for the sake of the same cause seemed rather simple, too simple in fact.

Especially for a creature that wished to exterminate every living thing upon this planet, perhaps the entire dimension. However, the demon wished to hear what Kev had to say before he went on ahead.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Oh, good. Not blood. Truthfully the ink seemed a bit too dark to be blood. The alien nodded his head in understanding, before giving a slight snort when the demon mentioned Daemeon. "Oh Gods, you're much better than him. Eons better, though frankly everyone is better than that fool." The crazy idiot. He was in a league of his own, and nobody deserved to be compared to him. Thankfully, Prixlezub didn't seem too fussed at all about his memory, accepting the apology. "Thank you." It certainly didn't help his memories much when the days and weeks were starting to blend together as of late. It almost felt like time was slipping away. "I will make an attempt to try to remember better for the rest of our visit though."

As for the horns, Kev nodded in agreement before realizing that from his position on Prixlezub's head, the demon would not have seen the nod. "Right. I'd have to be really fat in order to hurt your horns, huh?" Like, gargantuan fat. As for the tea, Prixlezub had a point. There were points where he had consumed a lot of it only to still feel a little thirsty despite it. "In that case, I may cut down on tea. Or at least equal it out with some water..." Soon they were atop the butte, and Kev's explanation was given, waiting to hear what the demon would say. "I may have gotten a little...carried away..." Maybe a lot carried away. The alien only seemed to grow a bit more sheepish when the demon brought up distilled evil. "No, I sure hope he doesn't have anymore of that just laying around..." And Kev definitely didn't want to go around absorbing it again. Once was enough. Once was more than enough.

Prixlezub wrote:"You are friends with Judge Fear, then?"

The scaly alien winced, before giving Prixlezub a tense nod. "Yeah, its Judge Fear..." Maybe the 'killing all things living' was too much of a hint. But, that was okay! So Prixlezub knew who his friend was, that was fiiiine. Judge Fear seemed to be making a name for himself anyway, he wasn't exactly subtle about his plans. What could come out of the demon knowing who the friend was? Judge Fear and Prixlezub having themselves a chat? As long as it didn't end with 'by the way Kev told me all about the nukes', it didn't really matter. Because the nukes were going to be a nice, tight, secret. He would take it to his grave. His nuclear wasteland grave.

Thankfully, the demon did not seem at all upset or angry about Kev's friendship with the corpse. ...Probably because Prixlezub and Kev were friends as well, it'd be like Zurg taking issue with Kev's friendship with the corpse. Which, okay, he did kind of have issues with it but Kev understood those issues and Zurg respected him enough to back off, or at least not force the alien and corpse away from each other. Though it seems even Prixlezub was worried about Kev's welfare in relation to this friendship. Again, considering that they had a friendship themselves, it wasn't that strange or anything. People typically worried over others in a friendship, that's what made it a friendship. But the irony hit Kev in the face once more, that he'd started this thing with Fear with the intent of becoming a stronger, better alien, becoming someone who wouldn't worry his friends so much. Wouldn't need to be protected. Only to worry them anyway...just like how he wanted to protect the Breach, only to endanger it. The alien turned his eyes to the skies as well, though they were distant, imagining a giant blast in the sky rather than the beginnings of stars and the colors brought by the setting sun.

"He is...driven and persistent on killing all life. He's going to do everything in his power to achieve his goals. I'm...aware of what he can do, and how powerful he is. But like you said that night, its not like Portal X is going to just let it happen. If things ever got too bad, he'd interfere." Though he'd heard from the Portal's er...mouth himself, that he could not directly interfere with the Breach. Only the citizens had that power, the power to shape the world. Still, he had to hold onto some shred of hope. If he didn't, he might drown. The mention of a space dragon brought the alien back to earth with a startled blink, turning to stare at Prixlezub. "I-uh!" He figured it out! The demon was no idiot, that was for sure. The alien rubbed at the back of his neck, focusing on breathing for a moment before he spoke again.

"You're right. That's...how it started." Kev had told Zurg, at least, told him some details. Telling Prixlezub as well wouldn't be too bad, would it? "He offered to help me find a way to take Ridley down. We're still working on it, but its going to happen. But he's also my friend...I've gotten to know him since then and I really do enjoy his company." The Judge and his brother made for some interesting conversation, the alien attracted to them much like a moth to flame.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:31 am

At Kev's assurance that the demon prince was indeed far better than Daemeon, the prince gave a slight inclination of his horned head. "Indeed so." He replied. Although there was one that the prince could think of that may be on par with the chaotic demon, although his blue complexion had disappeared from the gamma long ago. With the demon's apparent ineptitude, Prixlezub began to wonder when the lesser demon would soon follow suit. Though the creature was below the demon prince's attention, he had noticed that talk of him seemed to lessen, along with his appearances. For the best, he decided.

"I shall aid in jogging your memory should you forget anything important." He rumbled, if the alien was indeed beginning to slip in his memory, it would not hurt to help him along with anything that may slipped his mind. As for the demon's horns, Prixlezub gave a small chuckle. "I have yet to come across anything or anyone who could bend them." As for breaking them on the other hand... He remembered a certain few who had managed to cut through the solid metal. One by the name of Ahsoka, and another who was once the demon's rival. His purple robes would not be forgotten easily. It was the former who had a greater track record of cutting them off and living to tell the tale. Even so, both needed plasma tools in order to remove them. His thoughts turned back to the topic of tea, an agreeing rumble shaking the dusty top of the butte, although the true subject was brought up once more.

So he had gotten a little carried away, hm? That certainly was a word for it. As many here already knew on Portal Breach, Kev was a gossiper, a talker. Like most talkers, if one got him talking enough, he would eventually slip a few important details that were to supposed to be mentioned. Like his joke, for instance. Distilled evil did not rest well upon the green alien's ears, as his presence became a little less anxious and more sheepish as a result. Prixlezub only gave a low thoughtful hum in reply, before stating; "Talk of how you would take over the planet and give it to another sounds more than just 'a little carried away'. I would dare say you were planning this for a while, or more your friend." He mused. All the while he could not help but notice the alien was still standing this entire time. "You may sit, Kev. Your legs must be tired after your long walk." He offered, nodding towards the dusty ground.

Otherwise, the demon was correct in saying that it was Judge Fear who the alien had become friends with. However, the demon prince was not one to speak directly to both parties. He would rather have an audience with one that was more willing to listen, than a creature who was hellbent on a single-minded goal. The prince was not Kev's keeper by any means, but he could offer advice to the noodly alien. As well, the Dark Judge had not made any personal quarrel with the prince, and he figured that he would likely have no interest in doing so in the future. "Of course, but he would only interfere to an extent." He replied, thoughtful as he looked down at Kev. "The citizens, if able, would interfere long before the deity did so. Therein is also part of my worry. The denizens of this place can forgive, but only to an extent, you know this as well as I. Should Judge Fear's plans involve you in them, I wonder at the consequence you would have to face for it." Lands could regenerate, property restored in a mass refresh ordained by the nature of the Gamma... But memories, they lasted, festered like an open sore if left untreated. Thus was the origins of Kev's own vendetta against Ridley, was it not?

Speaking of the space dragon, the alien nearly choked on his own breath at the precision of the prince's own deduction. As well, Kev appeared flustered at the revelation, perhaps a detail that hit too close to heart? As he elaborated, a plume of smoke curled from the prince's grill openings. So they both wished to attack Ridley,  one wishing revenge, and the other... Well, it did not take a genius to figure what his goals were. The space dragon, as many knew, held great technology, devastating when put to ill use. Phazon for instance came to mind. Could the undead Judge be using Kev to attempt another Phazon crisis? "Hmm... You may be planning on killing Ridley, a goal for the sake of vengeance against all he had made you suffer. Your friend on the other hand, I doubt he is so virtuous in wishing to aid you solely in finding justice and easing your soul. As I had said earlier, lichs do not suffer the living, but they are not stupid creatures either. You and I both know what Ridley has at his clawtips. Technology, devastating weapons that he had unleashed upon this planet, it would not surprise me if your friend had decided to use you as a causeway to these resources." Yet, the ghoul had apparently been amiable enough to make the alien believe he is his friend. At this, the prince shook his great horned head slightly. "For now, you may." He rumbled, smoke curling from his maw with every word. "But look ahead, Kev. In working towards destroying one Ridley, you may be inadvertently creating another. Think on this, how much are you willing to lose in order to confront your tormentor?" It was not a question that the prince said with sternness, but like one who was proposing a philosophical inquiry. Could the alien bear losing his home, his animals and friends for the sake of revenge?

What of Zurg, Skyler, Livewire? Did they not matter since he had met the Dark Judge? "There are many others who enjoy your company as well, Kev." How much was the cost for the sake of vengeance, and could the alien muster the toll?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:49 pm

The alien gave a slight nod at the demon's rumbled assurance, inwardly hoping that he wouldn't forget anything else of importance. At hearing that Prixlezub had never met anyone who could bend his horns, the alien gave them a curious look. He couldn't even begin to imagine what kind of force would be needed to budge them. "I imagine not!" Sometimes the demon seemed downright invulnerable. But the pleasant talk did not last for much longer though, as the very thing he had been worried about was taking place, they were discussing that night. Though, it wasn't quite as bad as he thought it'd be. The demon certainly wasn't being rude at all, nor threatening him in anyway. Still, talking about Judge Fear when the ghoul wasn't around, and particularly in the context of his friendship with him made him...anxious. "I haven't been planning anything involving taking over the world, and my friend definitely isn't interested in ruling over it..." Though if Kev had given him the world, the corpse would definitely rid it of all life and rest. "Though if I did ever take over the world, I think I would give it to someone else. Probably you or Zurg though." The alien blinked and nodded his head, legs folding beneath himself Indian style as he plopped onto the dusty ground beneath them. Right, right, sit.

Unfortunately, the demon seemed to speak exactly what was on Kev's mind. No, Portal X could not interfere all of the way. If he could, he would have stopped Judge Fear the moment he had arrived. And then of course, was the fallout...even if the breach was able to pick itself up after Judge Fear attempted to kill everyone, the others would be angry at Fear for what he had done. And if they already disapproved of Kev's friendship with him now...he couldn't imagine what they'd think if he remained friends with him after. Let alone if they knew he was involved. The anxiety seemed to seep out of the alien, replaced by melancholy as his gaze seemed to make its home on the flat butte. "They would hate me." How could they still care about him if they knew he was involved with the nukes? How could they look at him the same way? Almost an afterthought, the alien added "His plans don't really involve me in them though."

Prixlezub's wit continued to be apt, pointing out that Judge Fear would be helping Kev for a reason, and noting the things Ridley had at his disposal. The weapons, the nukes. The alien stayed quiet respectfully as Prixlezub continued, echoing worries and thoughts that the alien had ever since he'd started this whole thing. Yes, in trying to squash the threat of Ridley, he was creating a new threat. What were the options? Stop this whole thing, and let Ridley keep his weapons that he would unleash on the world? Kill Ridley, and give those weapons to Fear? Either way, the world was going to be hurt, was going to suffer. His friends, would suffer. The alien rested his elbows on his knees, hands now cradling his head as he thought over how to answer and explain.

"Its not just...revenge. Its definitely part of it, but you said it yourself. Ridley has terrible weapons, and just because he was killed during Phazon doesn't mean a thing. It just means he's going to be smarter when he tries again! And-...and we're all just letting him sit here, plotting how to kill us. Plotting to use these weapons. He's made so many people suffer and he's just going to do it again and for what? Because he just wants to. Someone needs to kill him, someone needs to strike him down and remind him that he isn't immortal, that he is not the top dog around here and that he can bleed. But no one else wants to do it..." The alien went quiet for a moment before continuing. "I understand, though. Some people, like Zurg, just want to live in peace. Everyone here has their own lives and they just want to be stress-free, and...and happy. They don't want to think about Ridley, or Hazama, or Daemeon, or Judge Fear...not until they pop up with a sudden plan, when half of the city is in peril, and I understand. They just want to be happy. But someone has to think about Ridley. Someone has to remember what he can do. And someone has to take him down before he can hurt everyone. It can...it can be me. I can do it." Though trying to be heroic and save the Breach was not quite going how he thought it would go.

"If Judge Fear is using me as a causeway for those weapons, then maybe...I can help when he tries to unleash them. I can warn people of when he tries to use them and drop them. We won't have that luxury with Ridley. And whether he helps me kill Ridley or not, Ridley still has those weapons he could unleash whenever he very well pleases. Either way, the world is going to be in trouble." Because that's all this place was, disaster after disaster after disaster. Happy pauses between the despair, happy pauses that were getting shorter and shorter because there was just so much falling between his fingertips, slipping away where he could never get it back. "There's no stopping this. Any of it. One of these days these disasters are going to get the better of us and maybe..." Maybe it'd be better that way...

Prixlezub wrote:"There are many others who enjoy your company as well, Kev."

The alien looked up, maybe a bit too sharply, and blinked up at the large demon. Some of the melancholy was shaken off as the alien remembered that yes, there were many that enjoyed his company. He had friends, even though he had also lost many of them. Some still lingered. He had to stay for them. "I know. And I love them too, I want to protect them. Maybe this isn't...the best way, but its the best I can do. I need to take him down a peg and teach him that he can't just harm the world because he wants to. I can't let another Phazon event happen. I can't. And I'll do whatever I have to, to stop it." He'd kill Daemeon, he'd kill Ridley. But he wasn't sure if he could hurt Judge Fear...maybe, if anything, he could still just warn people or something...maybe. "I have faith that they can take Fear down if he tries to kill everyone."

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Of course the Dark Judge would not be interested in ruling over anything, given his stance on how all the living must die. If the lich ever had been handed the Gamma to control at his claw-tips, he would turn it into a desolate wasteland. Not that the prince minded it, he preferred the dead and decaying to any of the sweeter smells that life tended to give off, but to erradicate all who inhabited the planet went against a few of the demon's own agreements, and those that were involved he was admittedly partial to. There was always an option of moving off the planet, but not all had such luxuries, Kev for instance. It was rather kind and perhaps surprising that the alien would not mind if the world was placed into the prince's heated talons or Zurg's conscientious hands.

"You flatter me, Kev." The demon rumbled in reply. The alien soon sat upon the ground afterwards, much like the time they had spoken back at his cottage. Despite the growing cold of the desert around them as the last rays of the sun began to disappear behind the horizon, the butte they sat upon remained comfortably warm thanks to the demon's unnatural heat. "While I could perhaps turn this planet into a new direction, I have no interest in ruling over it." Portal Breach already had its owner and lord, a deity who preferred detachment instead of meddling in affairs both mortal and immortal alike. Such ambitions may be viable at a later date, however, when the prince managed to accrue enough resources.

Once Kev said that his plans did not involve him, the prince's brow raised slightly. However it was not out of surprise, but more out of interest. "Perhaps not, but you still are a means to an end. You can see yourself that he is using your interest in Ridley in order to get to the resources he possesses. Merely because you are no longer involved in his schemes once your act is over does not mean you are not a part of this." He explained evenly. The alien, like any other sapient being, had a choice so long as they were aware of what was to come. So far as the demon was concerned, Kev could very well change the course of where this relationship with the dogged lich long before they even made it to the space dragon's lair. The question being, would he rather attempt to help the rest of the gamma once the Judge had gained what he wanted, or before?

Silently the prince listened as the noodly creature went on to explain it was more than just vengeance that he desired, as he was all too knowing of all the weapons Ridley had at his disposal. Much like a few campaigns of years past, the prince could relate in how the alien wished to teach the dragon a lesson in who could be in charge around here on the breach. A thoughtful hum rumbled from the demon's vast chest, causing the dust upon the butte to shudder and dance around him in a thin cloud. "Your confidence is admirable, but there are other ways to achieve this end than to make alliances with liches and other foul things that would turn about and stab you in the back at a moments notice. Tell me, who have you gone to for aid in your interest to fight the space dragon?" Prixlezub rumbled thoughtfully. Surely there were others who wished to fight the one who was responsible for the Phazon crisis before he could strike again. After all, even the demon prince did not like to leave loose ends untied and in disarray. "To live stress free is but a dream, for to exist and to live is to suffer and struggle, to fight until oblivion claims you. Thus to ignore threats such as Ridley, Daemeon, Judge Fear and others so long as they continue to seek to plunge the world into indefinite peril, is to be asleep. A willful ignorance towards forces that could be planned against and even exterminated prematurely." He reasoned evenly, looking out towards the vast field of stars. "I support your motives, Kev... But I question your tactics in carrying it out." He finished, awaiting as Kev went on to reason what to do about possibly being a causeway.

At this, the prince gave a small puff of thing smoke from his grill, giving a slight shake of his head. Once again there was a fatal flaw to Kev's plans. "And what makes you believe that he would allow you to live to tell the others?" He rumbled, turning his gaze back upon Kev, bathing the alien in an orange light. "He would have deployed his weaponry long before you had returned from the pool and even if you manage to escape space travel is a long process. Far longer than it would take for him to press a button and deploy all that Ridley has at his disposal. If you suspect he is using you as a causeway, act before he gains the advantage, before you leave this planet. Or, you can always seek another to aid you in your goals without risking all you hold dear." There were always alternatives to be taken advantage of. As for his melancholy outlook on the trifles and suffering of this planet? "The deity would not allow it, after all it is clear that he requires us as an energy source for Alpha." He rumbled methodically. It was a cold truth, but a truth nonetheless.

Prixlezub quietly listened as Kev went on, confident he could work with Judge Fear and still establish an end that would benefit everyone. The way the alien's face snapped up to meet his gaze however was... telling. Perhaps he had forgotten already that there were others who enjoyed his presence, or maybe he doubted that they truly would last as long as he would. For a long moment after the alien had stopped, the prince silently pondered. Only one last question came from his fanged maw before he grew quiet once more, turning his gaze to admire the starry sky, "Is it truly, Kev? Do you not reflect on your plans and find flaws that could be avoided, or do you merely wish to ignore them?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:28 am

It only seemed to make sense, that the world would be best handed over to Zurg and Prixlezub. Both had their experiences as leaders, both were quite ambitious and both were reasonable enough that if they had control of the world they would not be lazy and let the world fall into ruin. Nor would they kill everyone in the world because 'hey why not', which was something that could not be said for everyone. Not that Kev ever thought of taking this place out of the hands of Portal X, it was just something he'd consider if he were in that spot. Particularly if Portal X were to die again or something, and they needed a new leader. Though X didn't really lead so much as...sit up in the sky and make sure the world kept spinning.

At the rumble, the alien chuckled a bit. Though Prixlezub's answer was interesting. He had no interest in ruling this place? ...Well on second thought that was pretty obvious. If the demon really wanted to rule the place, he would have attempted to take it over by now. Though the alien couldn't help but be a little curious. "If you did have this place under your rule, what direction would you take it in exactly?" There was always the question of whether anyone would ever be able to take this place over. There had been numerous attempts to both destroy and rule, all had failed. Though not without leaving some scars behind. Prixlezub was quite right too, Kev knew he was...well, something of a tool. Especially after that scene with Ridley and Fear in the Sanctuary, Fear needed Kev in order to obtain those weapons from the space dragon. And of course, the Judge had prior went poking in the alien's brain, and he recognized that the Judge did use what he found to convince him to go with this. Even though he was annoyed at such tactics, and he didn't like this position, he still felt like continuing this. It was as if, now that they had the ball rolling, he could not make it stop.

As the demon went on, the alien avoided his gaze, a little guilty. "No one...I'll be honest, I haven't gone to anyone else about this. But..." Kev faltered for a moment before looking back to Prixlezub. "But when I first tried to get revenge on Ridley, its not like anyone volunteered to help me do a 'better job' next time. Its like no one really wanted to try and kill him again. And I understand that part of that was because what I tried to do with Ridley wasn't well thought out...I was sort of fueled by anger. But I was told that trying to go after him was a bad idea, and it was dropped. As far as I know, no one else has gone after Ridley but me. Nobody else wants to bother with him, nobody else has the time, resources, drive, or power that Judge Fear has! He's the only one that can help me do this." Whether either of them liked it or not, Kev and Judge Fear needed each other in order to achieve their goals. Their...vastly different goals. The unfortunate truth was in the demon's words though, to try and create less stress in this place was a dream. To live was to be stressed. To live was to suffer. As Prixlezub spoke of ignorance, Kev nodded his head. "I can understand why they don't think about it though...I think I used to be that way too. I'd just go to my cottage, go to the shop, oh hey another disaster, let's stop it. But at some point people started to become really hurt and...I just want as few disasters as possible." Kev was a little surprised that Prixlezub did actually approve of his motives! A little bit of relief seemed to flood his face, though it sobered. "My tactics could be...better, yeah..."

Though Kev almost seemed to perk up a bit when Prixlezub mentioned the possibility of Judge Fear killing him. "Oh! I don't think he will. We have an agreement, actually. He's not going to kill me unless he gets my 'okay'. And trust me, if he wanted to kill me, he could have done it a lot of times by now. I think he's actually grown to like me!" Well, for a very flexible definition of like. Though bringing someone soup when they had a hangover sure seemed 'like'worthy! As did listening to problems and emotions, defending him from Daemeon and actually helping to urge him to kill Daemeon in the first place! They had their rough patches, but the alien sincerely felt by now that the Judge and himself had a real friendship of some kind going on. Though it wasn't like he really had plans to tell the others anyway, because that felt like he was...betraying Judge Fear. Despite everything, he didn't want to do that. He didn't want to betray anyone. "No one else can do it. I need to do this anyway...I need to change, somehow. Get a thicker skin, be better. Judge Fear is offering to do that in helping me defeat Ridley." If it was for the best, it was for the best. "And you're right, Portal X would never allow that to happen. That means that he would never allow for Fear's weapons to destroy the whole place...right?" Even if it was for such a strange and diabolical reason.

The air grew quiet between the two of them, though Kev could find a bit of comfort in it. It was...strange and a little scary to talk about this. At the same time, it felt good to talk to someone about it. Someone who wouldn't end the conversation by reminding Kev of how life was terrible and killing everyone on the Breach would be a mercy. Even if the demon's words were like a bitter pill. "I did a lot of reflecting about this. It didn't...start off, like this...you know?" He tilted his head slightly at the demon, eyes tired. "It started with an agreement that I'd kill Daemeon, and he'd kill Ridley. A kill for a kill. And I did it, with his help I killed Daemeon. He came back, because everyone worth living gets to die forever, but everyone who should stay dead comes back!" The alien let out a bitter laugh before continuing. "It started off so simply but it escalated and I feel a little trapped because I don't want to make him disappointed, I want to live up to what he says I can be, I want to kill Ridley and just. Get rid of him! But I don't want my friends to die, and they're going to be so upset, but they already are upset, because everyone takes a look at Fear and instantly knows he can use me but by the time I got this memo its too late! I care about him, and them. I wish I could just march up to Ridley and break his neck myself! Make his brain explode! Do something without needing anyone's help!" The alien grew quiet after his tirade, brain spinning for a moment because it felt so good to just unload all of that! But Prixlezub wasn't the one to unload that upon. This was a friendly visit, not a therapy session. After a few moments of hesitation the alien glanced up at him. "I'm sorry."

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:15 am

Indeed, both he and Zurg were leaders, but the green alien had never seen how either of them had ruled. The prince of course knew exactly how he had ruled over his home, already realizing that his methods would not be accepted the way his people had accepted them. Indeed, he may not wish to kill everyone and everything, but who could say that the citizens would not be faced with a situation that made them wish that the world had been plunged into destruction and death? Not to mention, ruling as a deity and ruling a leader of a planet's people were two very different things. "Should I ever have the chance to rise to the deity's status as the overseer of this universe, likely I would keep most of this world's laws the way they are save for three critical details. For one, I would remove the ability for the land to refresh and renew at its unnaturally swift pace. Should the land be destroyed, the consequences should be lasting as they naturally are wont to be. Secondly, I would remove the constraints upon the veteran denizens, their true potential realized in full and unbarred. Those that are younger of course will still have to work their way up, earn their freedom and respect through their trials upon this place. Lastly, I have noticed that there are people who return from death, neither wise to their mistakes nor changing their attitudes in response to their failures. This was not the case but two years ago. I am beginning to wonder if perhaps they are not taking time to reflect upon their actions, and thus I would deem it a requirement that they do learn about their past actions while they are waiting through their week of being deceased. Should they refuse, their demise would be permanent." He decided thoughtfully, pausing for a moment before adding. "That aside, I would be content to let the world and its stars move about the heavens as they always have." He finished, thin grey smoke curling from his maw with every word.

As Gamma X already supported people well enough on its own, there was very little that truly needed to be changed. The changes that were given? Who could complain about the removal of the binds that all here were so cognizant of? All for the price of perhaps the land not popping back to life as quickly as it may after a catastrophic event and having to take a lesson in Learn From Your Mistakes 101 with the Pool of Souls bird.

Kev went on to explain his woes regarding the space dragon, revealing that he did not in fact ask anyone to help him. The reasoning? No one had volunteered to aid him in his campaign against the murderous space dragon.Of course, this was understandable, for not may here knew how to combat the dragon on his own terms, the creature was far smarter than to run blindly into a trap. At this the prince gave a thoughtful hum, the dust at his feet shuddering once more. "Not many know how to find Ridley, nor would they be interested in fighting him as you had said. However, some services are not asked, but bought and held under the terms of an agreement, a contract. Here is where some of the best quality aid can be found. Not in volunteers, but those that can be paid for insight, resources, materials for your cause. Those that do not wish to fight Ridley likely do not do so because they see no profit in it for themselves." A rather shortsighted and sad thing, that. With all that the dragon had at his disposal, he would have thought some up and coming villain would wish to greedily grasp at all his lethal resources, repurpose his fleet of pirates to their command. The prince himself had pondered fighting the dragon at one time, but all the more he found himself unimpressed at his mannerisms and lack of tact. There was a distinct reason he was no longer part of a certain underground club anymore.

"Judge Fear may have the drive, time and resources, but that is due to the fact he is looking for something from you. He is not doing this for your well being and peace of mind, Kev. If you had gone to others about this, likely you could have found another who would have been interested in a less risky payoff than the weapons Ridley has on hand, or possibly your demise." He rumbled evenly, "In fact, there is still time for you to find another. There are far more choices than you believe there are." it was one thing to be driven by emotion, yes. However, to let it control one to blind them from seeing the bigger picture was a whole other subject entirely. His gaze kept on the green alien, he only gave a small nod as he continued on to agree that not many wished to think about Ridley and instead keep to themselves and pretend he did not exist until later on. Wishing to believe that one time they killed him was enough to keep the dragon from attacking again when really it only gave a solid base for his learning curve. Otherwise, the demon understood Kev's concerns.

Prixlezub however thought it interesting that the alien looked relieved that he approved of his motives. Perhaps he was expecting a refusal and scolding for entertaining the idea of attempting to do some good for this world? Certainly the prince was no saint by far, but the removal of a potential threat to his own domain was always welcome.

Yet, it was obvious that Kev's relationship with Fear was one he wished to see through rose-colored glasses. An agreement to kill Kev only on his terms, growing to like him, it sounded like the ghoul was treating Kev as a friend. The massive demon gave but a small plume of smoke from his grill, whatever the Judge had been feeding Kev it certainly had been working. Of course, he was completely oblivious to the fate of the one called Daemeon. Thus his actions towards the lesser demon could not be taken into account. "As I had stated before, Liches are not stupid creatures. In fact they can be very cunning. I would not trust a single agreement with that creature in regards to your well being unless it was in writing." He rumbled cautiously. "Certainly he acts as a friend now, but do you truly believe that he would treat you the same had you not made this deal? What I am telling you is one's appearance is not everything. Likely his reasoning for enjoying your presence is due to the knowledge of what it will bring, and keeps you alive due to your involvement with Ridley." He reasoned once more. However, the more Prixlezub spoke with Kev the more he noticed that the alien was beginning to sound more and more like a broken record.

Everything will be fine.
    This is the only way.
    He just wants to help me.
    He would never hurt me.
    No one will get hurt.

The amount of baseless denial was sickening. So long as the demon continued to counter Kev's arguments, likely he was only going to keep saying this over and over and over again. At this, the prince merely gave a smoky sigh and stated, "There is a saying that mortals tend to speak. If everyone says it is raining, you should grab an umbrella. Nearly all you had spoken with about Judge Fear, they agree he is not to be trusted, correct? Now if say you had decided to speak with another, perhaps myself or maybe Cailia, Bloodscream even, they would speak differently, would they not? Yet, despite what everyone is saying, what everyone can plainly see with his motives, you continue to deny and keep your eyes closed." He stated firmly, before continuing. "You can grow a thicker skin, you can ask for help, you can change. However, you do not need him to do these things. you have plenty of other friends who can aid you with this. Friends who wish to see you alive and well, Kev." There were so many other routes to handle this entire affair, and yet Kev refused to see them.

Or maybe it was that he truly could not see them...

He grew silent as he pondered this, listening as Kev went on and soon his statements began to roll straight into a passionate, angry rant. For a few moments, the prince stayed silent, letting the alien's words flow until they trickled down into his hesitant apology. "There is no need for apology." He rumbled, distant before he spoke again. "You say that there is no way out of your agreement with Judge Fear. Perhaps that is not the case. If you tell me precisely what you had agreed to, I may be able to help you out of this situation." He offered slowly, choosing his words. "But, in order for me to help, you must be forthright with your intentions and his. Hold nothing back so I may understand your agreement fully."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:42 pm

So there were only three things Prixlezub would change about this place. That was good! Kev had expected that he had wanted to change a lot of things. However, the three things he wanted to change were still pretty big things. First of all was that the land would not refresh itself as it so typically did. "I can understand that. Sometimes people cause more damage then they should, and having some consequences will teach them to watch it. But what about the bigger threats who don't care about consequences? People would have to live with what they had done." If the place did not refresh like it did, he could imagine several scenarios where the place would not be nearly as sparkling and nice as it currently was. The second was a lot more agreeable, Prixlezub would remove whatever kept people at a certain level of power so that those who had been there longest could continue to grow, the others capable of gaining that strength with time as they all had. Kev nodded his head in agreement to that one, tilting his head at the third change Prixlezub would enact. Indeed, Jak had died twice before he had ultimately died, and he didn't seem to learn anything. He hadn't learned from what others told them, he hadn't learned from experience, and he hadn't learned from death. In the end, there was nothing for him to do...except die forever, apparently, leaving behind his wife. "Your changes are pretty agreeable. The death thing here gets pretty confusing anyway...sometimes people die after dying once, or three times, sometimes people can die 4 times and still come back. Having something like 'refusal to learn their lesson' be the ultimate deciding factor in that would be nice. Just so that people knew exactly why that person never came back." Rather than waiting around for days, weeks, or months only to eventually get the unfortunate news.

Indeed, Ridley seemed to make his home somewhere out in Space, a hard place to reach at even the best of times. Though Prixlezub began to speak of something else. Buying the services of others? The alien blinked, having never really considered such an idea. Though it made sense, he had offered to pay anyone with building experience to help him build is barn. He'd finally gotten something done by asking for assistance in exchange for something else. "Hm...another reason I didn't try to go after Ridley was because I thought someone else would. Either to get the things he has, or to make him pay for what he'd done. Especially the people in Thomas' group..." And especially when Blackcat had broken apart, if Ridley had not pulled what he did it would not have started the path to destruction that was Blackcat. By failing to deal with Ridley, they had earned to distrust of the people and eventually broke apart. Surely, whoever was left of the group would have wanted revenge. Thomas, or Megamind perhaps? But where were these two heroes, the ones who so wanted to protect the Breach? Where were they now? They had expected the one single death to just make Ridley realize his mistakes and left him to fester and regrow. "I guess I can understand why no one else has done anything either though...this isn't as easy as I thought it would be..." It always looked so easy on the outside. Guess behind closed doors, there was a lot of planning and moral disagreements going on, more than he could have imagined if every plan or plot was anything like his own with Fear.

"Maybe its both? He seems to care about me, and he does want his own things...but he also does a lot of stuff he doesn't have to. I didn't come to him about this, he came to me. The way everything has worked out...this really is my only chance. Even if I got others to do it for me, how will I reach Ridley? With Judge Fear, we...we have a chance to get him here, on the Breach. He is basically going to come to us. There are already things in motion, and if I back out on him...he wouldn't be very pleased." The alien still doubted that Judge Fear would kill him without his consent, but he knew that there was a lot more the Judge could do besides just killing someone. Wasting his time was probably a sin of some kind. The alien paid attention as Prixlezub went on, beginning to feel a bit of dread. Did he and Fear have any of this in any kind of writing? As far as he could remember...nope.

Prixlezub wrote:"Certainly he acts as a friend now, but do you truly believe that he would treat you the same had you not made this deal?"

Kev's face became thoughtful as he thought that one over. Before they ever had this strange agreement going on, they did have something of a friendship developing. A...strange one, though at the same time Kev felt like at the time, the corpse used the word 'friend' mockingly or just to chide him. They talked and Kev listened to him and his philosophies, but he was also very afraid of him. Ever since they had made this agreement though, and moreover, even since they had to spend more time together in order to talk things out or do something, it felt...genuine. Something had changed between them, and he felt that it didn't have to do with their agreement to kill Ridley. Yet, if they hadn't made the agreement and thus had to meet so much to get this kinship going...would it have still worked out that way? "...No." His gaze turned to the dusty ground beneath them. "I guess he wouldn't." Could Kev really be nothing to Fear, except a ticket to some nukes? Nothing more than a way to get his weapons of mass destruction? Kev certainly saw Judge Fear as more than just a way to finally kill Ridley. The alien blinked for a moment as he thought of something. "He doesn't necessarily need me alive to get Ridley's weapons, though." The alien paused for a moment, considering if he should continue. ...Then he remembered that Fear and Ridley had that conversation in the Sanctuary and continued anyway. "They made an agreement that if Judge Fear killed me, he'd get some weapons. That was several months ago. If he didn't care about me and only wanted the weapons, he would have killed me and handed Ridley my body? ...Right?" Judge Fear had to care about Kev, at least a little bit, if he was willing to respect Kev's wishes and leave him alive.

The alien winced slightly, and elected to fiddle with the ends of his gloves. Indeed, if everyone said it was raining, one should grab an umbrella, and a majority of the people Kev had spoken to, who had become aware of his friendship with the Judge, had some...reservations.

Zurg wrote:"Kev, you're messing with fire. I mean, I know how you befriended me when I was... well, when I wasn't a good person either, but...But this is clearly something no one should mess with."

Eridan wrote:"are you tryin to insinuate youre friends wwith that guy. wwait are you implyin you like him. like not evven jokin for reals. youre a fuckin idiot."

"I know what he's like, I know what he is...I didn't start off liking him at all either. I just...got to know him. Maybe if everybody else tried to get to know him...they'd like him too." There did seem to be something about the Judge that immediately put everyone off, himself included. "The friends I have left, have their own businesses to attend to. Their own issues to settle." Almost reluctant, Kev looked back at the car demon. "It doesn't feel right to call upon them for this...I feel like I shouldn't even feel this way. I want to be happy, and fine, and...and NOT need anything from them. They shouldn't have to help me change, they shouldn't have to help me kill Ridley. I shouldn't need Judge Fear either, but Judge Fear isn't like the rest of my friends...he doesn't have things he should be doing instead, other than murdering people. He doesn't have anyone relying on him like the rest of them do." Except perhaps his brother. "I'm not propositioning you or anything, Prixlezub, but if I came to you and asked for assistance to kill Ridley, offering you whatever I had that could be of use to you...would you have agreed to do it?" Everyone else, it felt, was busy. The Hyruleans had an Inn to run, Zurg and Jo were enjoying a peaceful life, Skyler and Livewire were still rebuilding their own lives, Cailia and Crowley were enjoying each other's company and ruling over Avalon. Tally and Sonia were busy with their own lives as well, and all of his other friends seemed too young or weak to get involved.

After his outburst and subsequent apology, the alien pulled at the collar of his cape as the demon insisted he didn't need to apologize. He only winced as Prixlezub insisted that perhaps if he knew exactly what Kev had gotten into, he could help him get out of it. He had already told him so much! If he told the demon too much, Judge Fear would eventually find out, and he wouldn't be pleased... "I don't think I can completely tell you what our agreement is. I can tell you that it originally started that if I helped him kill Daemeon, he'd help me kill Ridley. It only...changed because of that thing with Ridley that I mentioned. Ridley unwittingly gave us an opportunity to really kill him, something we couldn't get anywhere else. But in exchange...well, he'll get some weapons. I don't want Ridley to keep those weapons and use them, but I don't want Judge Fear to use them to destroy everyone. He said that he was going to get these things with or without me anyway. No matter what, he'll always be trying to destroy this place, probably even after this thing if he does get Ridley's weapons and uses them. If I can kill Ridley this way, at least that's something, right? And I'll know about it and...I can try to help to redeem my position in all of this. And if I don't get that chance, well...I'll take whatever punishment comes my way. I'm already in bed with him, I can't just get out now. I feel like the only thing I can do is...ride this out and try to keep it from completely blowing up. And I really am sorry...I know you said there's no need to apologize, but there is. You wanted to visit, and now I've got you in the middle of this mess. That's not fair to you." He kept his gaze on the demon's eyes as best as he could, hoping the car demon would understand.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:52 am

Ah, yes, the age old question of what to do about those who simply wish to watch the world burn... The demon's grill expelled another plume of light smoke as he turned to look out at the stars, their glow steadily glowing brighter as the night sky dominated the horizon. "Has it not always been the case, Kev? Before you arrived here, your world was mortal, finite like yourself. Like all how arrived here, their worlds were susceptible to death just as easily as it gave life and provided sustenance. In having a land that constantly heals itself over a single night, do you not believe we have all grown to take it for granted?" He rumbled. Did it not seem to be true, with how the citizens merely looked at the trials and tribulations of the world with a simple 'oh, not to worry that will come back in a day or so' or perhaps to merely sit and wait in the city until the fauna refreshed. Did Kev remember how his world used to be before he had arrived on Portal Breach, how each great event shaped the land a little at a time? The prince certainly remembered a similar existence, where one's mark upon the world stayed to be remembered and reflected upon. Certainly the world would take them back gradually, as nature was wont to do should anything remain unkempt for long periods of time, but the prince longed to see the days again when the past was visible for far longer than a day or a week before the world wiped itself clean like a fresh slate. "I wish to see how the citizens react upon the realization that their homes could be taken permanently, if they would continue to look upon this land with apathy, or if they would wish to take greater steps to protect it. If they fail, they have ever greater the reason to seek vengeance on the one who had wronged them." Consider it, Kev. How would people have reacted to Ridley should the effects of his attack be more permanent, who would stand alongside you to confront him?

Would Kev have been leading the charge to kill off the space dragon should the world have simply refused to shrug away the corruption?

In regards to death, the prince gave a small nod. Yes, that seemed rather reasonable. "Indeed, at times ones death can be rather mysterious, so much that they appear to merely fall off the face of the planet. To be notified of ones demise would be rather... considerate. Although I have yet to hear of death to ever be a considerate force." He replied evenly, turning to look back upon the green alien after having his fill of observing a particular cluster of stars in the heavens.

Waiting for another person to take action? The demon gave a small chuckle at that, curling his bladed tail across his talons. "Therein is your answer, Kev. In waiting for another to stand up to Ridley, there needs to be another." If everyone sat around waiting for someone else to stand up to a problem, it would be an endless cycle of one person look to the one next to them until finally one within the group got tired of all the stares and complaining. As for believing Thomas of all people and his bunch of stooges would attempt something... "Blackcat was as every bit disorganized as it was incompetent, Kev. They would have failed before they even managed to build a vessel to get to Ridley's planet." Came his solid deduction. The alien was well aware of the fates of three of its past employees, correct? One was made into a toaster, and the other two were hanging above the demon's mantle as trophies. Regardless, the alien's hesitation was understandable, having to confront one who was not planet-bound was far more complicated than merely tracking down a resident of Portal Breach. "Indeed, it is not as easy as one may think, but it is not impossible either." He reasoned. "If the proper planning and resources are put together, and the initiative to attain what is set to be your goal, you have the ability to achieve it." He rumbled. Undermining Ridley and destroying him could still be done without the Lich's assistance, if Kev knew where to look.

As he went on, however, it was already evident that Kev was in deep with the Judge. Not to mention this whole scenario seemed to bank on the Lich killing Kev in order to get to Ridley. At that the demon quirked a brow. Interesting, as this deal was several months ago and had yet to come to fruition. Likely this mean that Kev was correct that the ghoul held a soft spot for the alien, or more likely he was bidding his time. But for what? Either Kev was not telling him everything, or the Lich was holding something from Kev. Hmm... For a long moment the demon's thoughts turned back towards that fateful eve all those months ago in the winter, the week wherein he had set the undead lawman upon a certain assassin.

The first encounter was admittedly lackluster in revealing much about either person, but the second... It was evident that Fear had been able to manipulate minds, at least those of a beast. All those dogs he had summoned certainly showed signs of being coerced by thought rather than command. Kev too, held a similar ability he remembered, back during the alien's fateful taste of distilled evil. For a small moment he had Zurg unwillingly enslaved under his psychic whim, at least until Lawrence managed to intervene. Could it be that the Lich saw something familiar in the alien's abilities, perhaps even potential? It certainly was not out of the question that perhaps with enough time and training that Kev could become a far more accomplished psychic than he was currently. Alongside this 'friendly' behavior, the Judge could be attempting to groom over the alien as well... "I believe part of your involvement may be more along the lines of meta than the physical, if my thoughts are correct. Judge Fear is a psychic being, yes? If so, he may have took note of your own abilities, perhaps even sees some potential, given he has said before he was one of four. Likely his friendliness is actually grooming, looking to find an adequate piece to fill that void. If only temporarily." Prixlezub pondered aloud. "In short, he is looking for a little extra power, specifically from you. It may not be visible now, but later on this kindness you are describing could develop into a relationship between mentor and student, as odd as it sounds." Despite this possibility, they still needed a viable way to get Kev out of this arrangement. From the way he was speaking, nothing short of faking the alien's own death would get the Lich away from him, even so the prince was uncertain if that would fool a creature who's sole purpose was eradicating all life.

However, if Ridley is truly interested in this whole feat because of Judge Fear, there were ways around that. "What can be done is that you can go through with the deal Ridley has for him, but instead of the real Judge Fear, there may simply be a stand-in. If done properly he may not be able to tell the difference. Getting you out of his clutches of course, will be a little more complicated." He rumbled. After so long being around the Dark Judge, Kev predictably believed he knew exactly what Judge Fear was, how he ticked in a sense. However, therein was the thing about immortal beings like the Lich, like any who had enough time upon their hands. They could learn to act, and rather well if they so chose. Not to mention the sort of mental instability with being a creature hellbent on destroying all life, it tended to give them, for lack of a better term, a mind much like predator in regards to their prey. Despite this rational, Kev held his points that his friends would not be able to help him due to their own busy lives, a respect for their own agendas with the knowledge that they held little interest in facing Ridley without a cause.

Especially since Kev's first attempt went so well.

However, Kev seemed to hold plenty of emphasis throughout most of this conversation about changing himself without the aid of others, not asking for their help in bettering himself. Of course, the paradox in this regarding Judge Fear was addressed, in that the Lich actually went to Kev for this proposition instead of the alien. A thoughtful rumble emanated from the demon's throat at that, his brow furrowing slightly, but not in irritation. No, he was still in thought over Judge Fear's intentions. If he sought out Kev to go after Ridley, likely he already knew of his weapons before he met Kev, or perhaps shortly after. Soon, after, the demon's expression lightened, for Kev asked a rather interesting question of his own.

Indeed, if he had come to the prince for aid, would he have agreed to help the alien with his troubles? For a moment, the demon remained silent, pondering before he replied. "I would aid you, to an extent. As I see it, this goal is yours and yours alone. I would aid you in finding him, in gathering what resources you would need, give you advice in your plans, but the kill would be your own. For our kind, if one has chosen their battle, they alone should have the initiative to carry it out and meet the adversary on the field." For a moment he paused, as if thoughtful, before continuing. "However, as this particular beast is a Pirate Lord, I would not suppose he has the honor to face you on his own after you have learned from your first battle." No, he would send out his grunts to deal with a being he has decided is below him, as he had already killed Kev once and the alien had been made an example of. A level playing field would be hard to come by regarding the space dragon. To the point where one would have to be made.

Kev winced at the inquiry of what exactly he had gotten into with the Dark Judge, reiterating that they got a opportunity to kill him and in exchange Fear would gain some weapons. However, a key term popped up in the alien's sentence.

Kev wrote: He said that he was going to get these things with or without me anyway.

If his involvement did not truly matter, why was it that Kev felt he was in an inescapable position? Once the alien came to the very end of his quavering statements, apology included, the prince gave a thoughtful hum. "It is alright, Kev. You are obviously stressed about this position regardless of my interest. I would rather you speak of it instead of keeping your fears bottled to amass and finally overwhelm you. I had spoken to you openly in meetings prior, it is only courteous that I allow you to speak the same in kind." He rumbled. "However, I can still see a few means in how you can get out of this. That is, if you wish to hear them." He respectfully offered.

If not? The demon could only give the alien initiative to stand against a self-fulfilling prophecy so many times before his patience and generosity wore thin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:14 pm