Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Re: Browse()

Post by GLaDOS on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:04 pm

The human's expression did not escape GLaDOS's notice--perhaps she might gain some information after all. But before she could ask anything, the not-AI began blathering again. She listened in cool patience, nothing in her limited expression betraying her annoyance.

"Yes, that would have been sufficient," GLaDOS replied, tilting her head. "As much as I'm sure you care about your world, that is not what interests me at the moment. I am studying the transfer of beings from their home world to this one, and how to reverse the process." If I can, she added to herself, and immediately redacted the thought.

Turning to the human, she shook her head. "I do not carry primitive writing utensils on my person, but there are computers at the library." With that, she turned back toward the building in question, hovering back that way. As she did so, however, she turned to look back at the human. "Judging by your expression, however, you did see the flash of blue."

She turned forward again without waiting for a response. "That was the portal."
    Red and the Transistor
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Red and the Transistor on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:01 pm

"How to reverse the process"? Red had to know more, and the sooner she could get to a Terminal, the better. Back to the library it was, but it was late and Red was growing tired of walking. Fortunately, thanks to the Transistor, she didn't have to. Taking the handle of the transistor in both hands, she took a deep breath, readied herself, and sprang forward...

...traveling all of three feet before stumbling and falling flat on the concrete.

"Red! Easy!" the Transistor shouted, startled by its wielder's sudden mishap.
    "Are you ok? What was all that about?"

Something wasn't right. Red stood back up, straightened herself, and tried again. Nothing. She landed on her feet this time, but she was still only a couple feet away from where she started. She was certain she had that function equipped, so why wasn't it working now? She held the transistor before her and looked it over, her face clearly showing her concern. It caught on in no time.

"Oh, I get it. Hang on, let me try something..."

the Transistor's blade was practically shining as it shouted:

"Mr. Moyle? Mr. Moyle, are you in there? Preston? Hello?"

No response.

"This is bad... Hey, lady, are there any Access Points at that library too? We're having some technical difficulties here and it's kind of urgent."
    GLaDOS
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by GLaDOS on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:28 pm

GLaDOS had expected the human (or the not-AI) to make some comment about the portal she had mentioned; she hadn't expected the human to suddenly leap, stumble, and crash into the pavement. Stopping, she slowly turned to face the two again, both her head and her faceplate lowering in an expression of utter disbelief and annoyance.

"I am the most intelligent AI to ever exist, and I have no idea what you were attempting to do. But you appear to have done it very badly," she commented. Still, she waited as the duo began to work out... whatever their problem was, apparently by calling to people who were not there.

Sane or not, these two may be able to help me figure this out. It just may get a little... trying, she thought, rearranging her faceplate and posture to a more neutral expression. She then resumed hovering toward the library, expecting the human and her non-AI companion to follow. "Access Points. I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to, but I'm guessing they have something to do with your apparent schizophrenia?"
    Red and the Transistor
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Red and the Transistor on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:24 pm

"That was supposed to be a teleport, but for some reason it's not working." the man in the Transistor growled as Red examined the Transistor tentatively. "We can check the Transistor's status at a Network Access point, but if the 'most intelligent AI to ever exist' doesn't know what that is, then we've got a bit of a problem."

Red's mind was racing. She was certain she had loaded Jaunt() before her fight with Royce- the last thing she remembered doing before winding up here in Portal City- and even then it was one of her most used Functions. Consequently, the fact that it wasn't working now was no small source of worry for her. Did they lose Preston Moyle's Trace? Her friend couldn't seem to find him, but then again she wouldn't have been able to hear him anyway. Was the Transistor broken? If it was, it certainly didn't look damaged, even in light of all it had been through. But wait, when she first had the Transistor, none of the other Functions were available until she raised her User Level... maybe having to take it back from Royce made it reset somehow?

Red had a pretty good idea how to test the latter theory. She took a deep breath to calm herself, turned to face down the sidewalk outside the alley, taking care not to face any buildings, hydrants, or rude floating AIs (however tempting that sounded by this point) then settled into her usual fighting stance.

With a moment of focus, she quickly slammed the upright Transistor into the concrete in front of her, and in response a flickering orb of golden light shot forth from the red gem on its face, travelling forward a few feet before dissipating.

"Oh," the Transistor suddenly chipped in "At least that one still works... Try mine next!"

With a nod, Red returned to her base stance, then raised the Transistor as high over her head as she could. The blade quickly began to charge with bright blue energy, and with an audible grunt, she brought the blade down on the concrete before her in an overhead slash, unleashing a shockwave of blue light that shot forth from the ground for a good few meters down the road. Fortunately for both of them, Red's aim was enough that she didn't hit anything of consequence, though she did nearly skim a sign in front of what appeared to be a coffee shop announcing their latest special, and there was now a sizable crack in the ground where the Transistor hit, which took Red a couple seconds to pull it out of.

"Ok good, so this thing isn't completely broken; we're just back to square one is all." Red couldn't argue with that assessment. "Guess that's going on the list of things to look into at the library, but for now we'll have to schedule it after all this portal business."

With that reminder, Red suddenly became very self-conscious of the large machine floating behind her, having witnessed that display of force from the Transistor. She turned to face it to gauge its reaction, but given its personality she wasn't exactly sure what to make of the expression held by what passed for its face.

"Speaking of... we should probably get going."

Eager to escape its awkward gaze, Red suddenly bolted off at a speed not natural to 20-something females encumbered by large slabs of glass and metal larger than they were tall, before leveling off at a normal brisk walk a few meters down the way back to the Library. Those with sharp enough eyes might even have noticed a brief line of blue dots that appeared to be plotting her trajectory as she sped off, terminating right where her walking speed resumed human standards.
    GLaDOS
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by GLaDOS on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Upon hearing the not-AI's quip about her not understanding him, GLaDOS turned around, her faceplate tipping downward in disgust."When beings from different places across the universe have all been transported to one location, you cannot simply assume to understand everything they say. The only thing one can assume about them is that if they are human or frequently associate with such, they are either stupid or insane."

She watched, however, as the two began to conduct an impromptu experiment. While she had seen many strange things here in this world, the abilities this human and the weapon she wielded possessed piqued her interest. Perhaps later she could ask to look over the not-AI--or, well, the weapon he was encased in--some other time and conduct a few experiments herself. Though she was certain it was nothing Aperture Science could not top, it never hurt to study the creations of others.

Still, she hid her interested expression, merely watching the two blankly. When the not-AI mentioned that they should get going, GLaDOS turned around and began to head back toward the library, only to give a faint start when the human suddenly bolted ahead of her at abnormal speeds, following a faint trail of dots.

There was some fascinating Science at work here--something she would have to study later. Perhaps she could use it for testing, when she got back.

GLaDOS made a slight adjustment to her own speed, but not so much that it would drain her power significantly, before she met the human at the library again. "If you would have given me a moment to speak before scurrying off like that," she started, "I could have told you the reason you were 'set back to square one,' as you put it." She began hovering back toward the nonfiction section, not looking back as she continued to talk. "One of the effects of the portal you came through is that it reduces your power. Why the portals do this, I have not yet determined, but you will gradually regain your powers in time."
    Red and the Transistor
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Red and the Transistor on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Red wasn't sure what to make of that last statement. 'Reduces your power?' What was that supposed to mean? It made sense to her, given her situation, but... how could this machine have known that beforehand? What exactly did it mean by "power", and why would this affect the Transistor like it-

Her train of thought was interrupted by a flash of memory. A field. A vast expanse of wheat or tall grass or something under a sunset sky. But there was more. A farmhouse. Beyond it- a forest? A mountain range?

Transistors.

Everywhere, Transistors. As big as the tallest mountains, as small as the one she held now, and every size in between. Royce had one too; it was the same size and had all the same Functions, but it wasn't hers. Or was it? She did have to fight him over it- he said the Transistor could only have one User, but why then were there so many of them?

What if he meant the Transistor could only have one User in Cloudbank? The machine had mentioned other worlds, what if these other Transistors belonged to those worlds, and there were others out there that could wield them like her? or better? Were any of them here, in this world?

Then another thought occurred to Red: What if someone here knew how to free those who were trapped within the Transistor?

That would be another question for another time, however, as the voice of her Transistor brought her mind back to the matter at hand:

"So, let me get this straight: these portals abduct people from different places around the universe and... weakens them? Like is it supposed to do that, or is it more like some kind of inter-galactic jet lag?"

Red noticed she was beginning to fall behind the floating robot, and picked up her pace accordingly.

"What does that even mean by 'reducing your power'- just what kind of people wind up here anyway?"

Though he wouldn't say it aloud, the man in the Transistor actually had a rather strong suspicion of just what sort of people this place was collecting, considering he was a disembodied voice in a giant sword being carried by a mute ex-singer currently in conversation with some kind of talking, floating modern-art computer.
    GLaDOS
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by GLaDOS on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:25 pm

"Yes," GLaDOS replied, the barest hints of exasperation making it through her voice. "As far as I know, it is merely an unintended side effect of the portals. Your strength is reduced to a sixtieth of what it normally would be, and you have likely lost some of your abilities--such as combat techniques." Nothing she had to worry much about, of course. The power of her shock prod had been reduced, but that was about it, as far as she could tell. While she enjoyed experimenting, she wasn't about to go physically attack someone to determine how much of her strength she had lost.

"As for the sort of people that wind up here, it appears to be random... though we do seem to get a lot of important people from different worlds. Myself included." "Important" was an understatement there--she was vital to Aperture, and it would surely be in ruins if she could not get home.

They had arrived at the nonfiction section again, however, and GLaDOS turned to look pointedly at a nearby computer--one that would normally be used to search for books, though most computers were equipped with some form of word processing software. "You may use that to type on, if you cannot speak. I would like to hear from you" she said, specifically addressing the human, "if you have any relevant information that your talkative friend has failed to note."
    Red and the Transistor
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Red and the Transistor on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:07 am

"Wait, that's a Terminal?"

Red was almost disappointed by the sight of the computer the floating machine was gesturing to. While it clearly had a monitor and keyboard like the OVC terminals back home, the similarities seemed to end there.

"I've never seen one so... klunky."

Neither had Red. Instead of the slim, angular screen set on an almost ornamental stand like the ones back home, before her stood a desk with strange, boxy things set upon and around it. The monitor and keyboard appeared to be two separate devices, set in close proximity on the desktop, both connected to what appeared to be a miniature server tower housed in a compartment of the desk itself. There was also a small, roundish thing on a cord connected to the tower and set beside the keyboard- Red had no idea what that thing was supposed to be- and a decently-sized black swivel chair set before the desk itself.

Still, there was some familiarity in this devices' form, which was some comfort in this strange new world, so Red took her seat at the desk (while the Transistor commented on the novelty of sitting down at a terminal) and tapped the space bar to wake it up.

Within moments Red had finally gained control of the pointer, having discovered with the help of trial-and-error and commentary from the Transistor and the machine floating behind her that for whatever reason it was controlled by sliding the little round thing about on the desk and pressing two hidden buttons at its front instead of of by touching the screen.

Several seconds of frustration from trying to communicate via the "search" bar and its minuscule character limit and fruitlessly searching for the "comment" button while brushing off well-meaning but ultimately useless assistance from the Transistor later, Red had discovered that this terminal did, in fact, have several functions beyond the search engine it initially presented. Why they were hidden in such an out-of-the-way fashion, though. was beyond her.

Fortunately for her, though, one of these functions was called "notepad", which produced a generously-sized text box when run.

With a smile and a sigh of relief, Red sat upright, straightened herself out and got to typing.

"Sorry about that.

I swear to God this terminal was designed by monkeys on"

Red stopped herself, then backspaced that line before retyping:

"Compared to the ones back home this thing's a piece of"

No, that wouldn't do either. Backspace. Retype:

"The terminals back home worked differently from this one."

Much better. Being a singer with as large a following as she had in Cloudbank meant Red quickly learned to mind her public image, especially in such places as public forums and comments on OVC  news broadcasts. Consequently, such auto-revisions like those had become habitual, even if they only mattered when the intended recipient would not see its content until after she clicked "post" as opposed to when they were currently standing (er, floating) right behind her right now.

Feeling a little embarrassed, she cleared the notepad and started over:

"ANYWAY

I don't really know much else besides what my friend here has already told you,

but I did see the portal- or at least the blue light.

It was after I had won that fight over the Transistor, as I left the"

She paused for a monent, then backspaced out the "the". That place couldn't possibly have been the Country, could it? Nobody ever returned from there. Then again, she wasn't exactly back in Cloudbank right now herself...

she shook her head, then resumed

"- that place."

Everything went white, I felt like I was flying, then the light turned blue and moments later I woke up in that alley we showed you.

That's all I remember."
    GLaDOS
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by GLaDOS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:24 pm

GLaDOS liked testing, but testing her patience was another matter. It took some amount of self-control to keep her from simply plugging herself into the computer and getting to the word processing program for the human, but as it was, she gave a few comments as the human fumbled with the computer.

And being a computer herself, she was able to quickly process the words on the screen before the human could delete them. "As pathetic as your attempts to use this machine are, I must agree with you to the extent that not all technology here compares to that of other places." Namely Aperture, of course.

She watched as the human typed up her brief explanation on the events that led to her being taken to this world. Unfortunately she had little more information to give than what the not-AI had already provided, and GLaDOS masked her disappointment with a disinterested hum.

"I suppose that's all there is to it, then. You are one of many people who have unwillingly been taken to this world, and the account you have given me has provided me with no useful information." Her chassis heaved in a shrug. "I was hoping to obtain some sort of information that might provide me with a clue on how one might return to one's own world. It's a matter I've been studying for quite some time now." And I've yet to make significant progress, she admitted to herself.

Her faceplate slid downward in a scowl. "Be prepared to have people tell you that you will not be able to return. From my experience, people tend to be idiots. Including you, but that's beside the point. I don't believe enough extensive research has been done on this subject, so I will have to continue my own research to reach an actual conclusion... for Science."
    Red and the Transistor
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Red and the Transistor on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:46 pm

"So we're still stuck then, huh? Dang it."

The Transistor's voice carried enough disappointment to make up for Red's own inability to express it beyond burying her face in her hands and groaning. As eventful a day it had been (if you could still call it "day", it was getting dark outside) it looked like everything they had been through was for nothing.

"Well Red, it looks like we're going to have to just settle down somewhere around here until our friend here figures something out. Think a homeless shelter will take us? Without your voice and with me stuck in this thing we're kind of hard-pressed for a means of income right now."

Of course they were. What good was a singer who couldn't sing to anyone? Back in Cloudbank Red had everything: a paying career as one of Cloudbank's most beloved performers, a nice place at Highrise, and the most wonderful man she could ever ask for. Now? All she had now was the clothes on her back and the Transistor.

"Hey, I just thought of something! Some of my Functions still work, and the robot thing said the rest will come back eventually- maybe we could start some kind of crimefighting gig? We'd be like superheroes!"

That mental image briefly snapped Red out of her sullen mood and made her break out laughing as loud as her absence of voice would allow. Of course she would be fine, she still had him.

"Ok, maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but still- we can't just give up, not after what happened to Cloudbank. The Process destroyed our home and sent everyone packing to the Country, but not us. We're still here, whatever that means right now. This place is giving us a second chance, and we can't just pack it up and quit after everything we've fought for-"

Wait a second, that's it!

Red turned around in her seat, making sure she still had the attention of the machine behind her and, once she had ensured she still did, directed it back to the screen where the notepad remained open. She then cleared the document and began anew with something she had neglected to mention before:

"The Country!!!"

"-Wait, what?" If she didn't have the robot's attention by now, she at least had the man in the Transistor's.

"The Cradle, after we put the Transistor back in- it took us to the Country."

"That's not... you're serious?"

"You said people say you can't return home after coming here?

People back home said the exact same thing about the Country- once you go there, there's no leaving.

But we did.

The Transistor took us there and it was about to take me back home before we wound up here instead.

Maybe it could get us out of here, too?"

"Red, do you even know what you're saying? If any of that's true, this could change everything. You can't just say-"

"I'm sorry, I know that sounds crazy, but you said you needed information, and...

Red didn't know how to finish that sentence. Maybe it was just craziness after all. Instead, she simply backspaced that line and continued:

"You know what, nevermind. Sorry for wasting your time."

GLaDOS
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by GLaDOS on Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:27 pm

GLaDOS was ready to rid herself of these two strangers, eager to get back to recharging and mulling over what little data she'd acquired today. When the not-AI mentioned something about becoming superheros, a distant part of her wished she had the ability to roll her optic. As it was, she settled for a blank stare before turning to leave.

But the human made an excited gesture, and the AI turned her head to see her typing frantically on the computer.

She was not fully sure what this human meant by "the Country," but whatever it was, the Transistor--the object the not-AI was trapped in--was capable of taking them out of it... and it could be used to take them back home again.

GLaDOS silently drifted closer, eying the Transistor rather than the human. "You are telling me that this object is capable of transporting people to different places--even from places that were said to have been impossible to leave." She snapped her head up, looked directly into the human's eyes. "That is the sort of information I was looking for earlier."

Turning back to the Transistor, she drew one of her claws out of her hover unit and reached toward the object, ready to grab it without any consent from its human owner. "If I can study this object, I may be able to find a way to cause it to return us to our home worlds."
    Red and the Transistor
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Red and the Transistor on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:37 pm

Before the robot's claw could even touch the Transistor, Red quickly snatched it up by the handle, giving a sideways glare to the floating machine. While she was grateful that the machine had agreed to study the Transistor, there was no way she was about to just let this... thing take it from her.

Red was about to express her disapproval at the robot's action in text form when the Transistor suddenly piped up "HEY HEY HEY, don't I get a say in any of this?"

The sound of repeated backspacing indicated his outburst had gotten their attention, or at least Red's.

The Transistor's blade flickered as it gave out an exasperated sigh, before continuing "Ok, it's great that you all think perhaps the Transistor is our ticket home after all, but I for one still have my doubts about this. True, this could just be me speaking from inside this thing worried that one of your experiments might mess something up and make me more dead than I already am, but maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't study the Transistor- heck, the more we know about this thing and what it can do, the better- but before we start getting into any hands-on science I just want to set a few ground rules:

First off, no matter what, Red stays a part of all this all this, both for personal reasons and because she's the only one alive that can use this thing. The only people that knew more about how to work this thing than she does are now either dead or stuck in here with me, and let's just say it's not pretty when the wrong person tries to use the Transistor. Trust me, if you want to study this thing properly, you'll need her help.

Second, whatever research you're doing can't risk losing me. I know that seems a little self-serving, but right now I'm your only way of knowing what's going on inside the Transistor short of getting yourself Integrated too, but then you'll probably never find a way out of this city, let alone the Transistor itself. Plus if I die, Red will be p*ssed and will probably destroy you, and I'm pretty sure neither of us wants that.

Third and last thing: we're going to need a place to crash until we actually find out how this thing can take us home. I'm pretty sure the library staff won't just let us stay here 24/7, so if you know of any place we can get a bed and a roof over our heads- maybe even some food while we're at it, we'd prefer you let us know so we can get settled before we start doing science to the Transistor."

As if on cue, Red's stomach loudly growled. The last thing she ate was a flatbread from Junction Jan's, but how long had it been since then? While they were at it, when was the last time she slept? By now she was beginning to lose track.

"So what do you say, do we have a deal?"
    GLaDOS
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by GLaDOS on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:55 pm

Slowly GLaDOS's body tensed as the Transistor was yanked away before she could grab it. She stared at Red, optic narrowing; even though she was no longer in her facility and in charge of everything, the very idea that she could not simply take something that she needed--and that would even be beneficial to both parties--was just the slightest bit infuriating.

When the not-AI within the Transistor began blathering, she turned to face it, already scanning it to see how she could best study the object once she was able to take it. But she did listen to it while doing so, begrudgingly taking note that she would have to be careful when studying it. Being stuck outside of and disconnected from the facility was bad enough--she didn't want to go through the experience of being unwillingly stuck inside an immobile form again. Not to mention she knew full-well what it was like to have voices other than her own inside her head, and she did not want to go through that again, either.

"I suppose I must conform to this nonsense if I am to get any research done," she finally admitted, looking off to the side. "You humans are far too dependent on food and sleep. There was a reason we used adrenal vapor back in the facility..."

She turned to face the human. "I do not concern myself with the places you humans recharge and refuel yourself at. If you need information on that, consult the book I showed you earlier. But as soon as you are able, get back to me. In spite of how many times I have had to do it before, I do not enjoy hunting people down."
    Red and the Transistor
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Red and the Transistor on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:29 pm

"I'll... take that as a "yes", then?"

Red slowly began backing away toward the shelf where she left the book the machine had given her. As thankful as she was that it would be studying the Transistor on their own terms, there was no hiding that it was beginning to creep her out a little too much. Just what had they gotten themselves into, really?

"Great! So, uh, I guess we'll just be heading off, then- find ourselves a place to stay, and if all goes well, we'll be back here tomorrow! Red, have you found anything?"

Red had her face buried in the small almanac with her back turned to the machine while the Transistor was speaking with it. Around the time he was finished though, something caught her attention that had changed her mood considerably; something she just had to show her friend. With one hand, she held the almanac open to the page she was viewing with her thumb highlighting the a particular section, while with the other hand she hefted the Transistor up to give it a good view of the page in question:

"Stock Pot Inn... seems like a cozy enough place, not too far away from here- free room and board? are you serious?"

It sounded a little too good to be true, yes, but by this point both of them were willing to take their chances.

"Well, looks like it's settled!" Red took a moment to memorize the directions to the inn, then set the almanac down and took the Transistor in both her hands. "Thank you for your assistance, ma'am, we will see you tomorrow!" And with that, Red made a Turn()-boosted beeline out of the library and off toward the Inn. While part of her still dreaded meeting back up with that demented machine tomorrow, she figured she could worry about that later. For now, though she was tired and just about done with that library for one day; she needed a bed, and she needed it now.
    GLaDOS
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by GLaDOS on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:45 pm

GLaDOS watched the human slowly back away, her optic glinting in a smile--she did always like a show of human fear. While she did not respond verbally to the not-AI within the Transistor, she did give a dip of her head in confirmation, and watched patiently as the human scanned the almanac. Once the two found a location they could stay at--the inn that that Science experiment gone wrong had mentioned to her when she'd first arrived, she remembered--they swiftly departed, leaving her alone in the library.

While she truly wished to study that Transistor, she wasn't too sad to see the strange duo depart. With them gone, she could go back to some pleasant silence again... but that wasn't all.

Locating a free outlet near one of the computers, GLaDOS latched herself to the ceiling above it, extended a cable to plug herself in, and used another cable to connect to one of the computers, and immediately began scanning the library's databases for any information on this Transistor object.

Perhaps those two really would be useful to her after all...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:23 am