Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: What Are Friends For?

Post by Kev on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:17 am

Judge Fear and Mortis were both correct, it wasn't like the animals could really harm Marvin. He was made of sterner stuff than that. Even now, he could hear the racket in the barn becoming less disruptive. The alien did have a tendency to be something of a worrywart. "Good point." He commented to the helmed Judge before nodding to the skull headed one. "Alright, if he misses anything important I'll inform him." Though the alien did give Judge Fear a curious blink at being called 'considerate'. "But of course. I'm the host, and I'm supposed to make sure your needs are taken care of. Up to and including providing whatever you want for your tea and pouring it for you. I also got those tea biscuits you had mentioned." He waved a hand over the tray and indicated to the little pile of biscuits on a plate. They didn't really serve a function for himself, after all. Mortis seemed a lot more receptive to the additives for his tea, Kev giving him a nod.

Thankfully, the alien did not need to bring them their tea like some sort of stooge, so the alien placed his rump down in his chair, stirring his tea idly until it cooled down to his liking. Kev did not expect that his compliment to Mortis would elicit a sickly ripple through the air and an angry retort from Judge Fear. Even Mortis seemed a little put off by Judge Fear's reaction, though Kev leveled his large eyes at the Judge, feeling like he wanted to challenge the Judge. Indignation rose up again. Judge Fear came over, for what was supposed to be a nice visit, then had a terrible reaction to him putting a towel on the tea pot? Scaring the dickens out of him, for that? In his cottage? The alien bristled, the sickly ripple was nothing compared to what had gone down in the kitchen after all. Actually paying attention to Judge Fear's words though...

Hnngh, the Judge did seem to have a harder time dealing with people in general, acting like a real awkward turtle in the kitchen. This...friendship was as hard for the Judge as it was for Kev himself, though for very different reasons. Compromise was important. Besides, he didn't need a repeat of the kitchen incident. "It's okay Judge Fear, I was just commenting. You are the way you are, and that is enough. Just take a few deep breathes and relax~ Drink your tea, and thank you again for teaching me." He gestured to the Judge with a tea cup, giving him an affirmative nod. Maybe that would make him simmer down. Or maybe it would rile him up, who knows. He had tried.

As for Judge Fear joining Mortis on the couch, it seems he could not. So his special gaze thing could affect Mortis as well? Interesting. Otherwise, Kev did not comment and instead worked a glove off and dipped his fingertips into the tea. "Mmm..." Mortis made use of the bear shaped honey bottle and sweetened his tea as well, sounding rather pleased as his skull head took a drink. The tea did taste rather nice. Thick with flavor, which was the best in his opinion.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:09 am

Sigh... And there went his brother, adding honey to his tea and ruining it. Was no one civilized these days?

As was proper, both Judge Mortis and Kev retreated into their metaphorical shells upon weathering his bubbling irritation. This of course pleased the virtuous sadist. Not enough for him to sit down and engage in casual company, however. The tea was tempting, but... "Mm." But there was the small matter of Kev thinking to challenge yours truly, the alien's gaze not at all as subtle as he may have hoped. Look at the scaly bugger, bristling up with indignation and even going so far as to pardon him for whatever asinine crime or wrongdoing rattling within the alien's spacious head. Judge Fear liked to think of himself as the levelheaded one, but entertaining teatime with Kev had been far more difficult than he initially realized. Mainly for the tea cozy incident, too...

Gonna punch you in the gabba' wrote:"Just take a few deep breathes and relax~ Drink your tea, and thank you again for teaching me."

Alas, alas. If his brother, bless his infernal soul, could humble himself to enjoy a cuppa with the infuriating alien, then so could he. Judge Fear approached the coffee table with a great jingling of his chains and quietly took the last of the cups. He did not, as he considered to be true form, sully his tea with any unnecessary additives. Just a bit of milk after his tea and nothing else. The ghoul picked up a biscuit for good measure and decidedly left the rest alone.

Now for the hard part... Where to bloody sit?

Judge Fear could not sit with his brother on the sofa; that would just put Kev in his direct line of sight, and as wonderful as the thought was, they still needed the alien. Maybe next time, though. Resigned to his fate and spotting nowhere else to park it, the Dark Judge shambled away and elected to merely stand upright. It's not like he would grow fatigued. There was a distinct creak of metal and a quiet - sssip - from the brooding ghoul. What was the verdict? "Hmm, it'sss not bad," he remarked, having another go. "A nice, robussst flavour." And one that slightly uplifted his spirit, no pun intended. For now, if no one disturbed him or otherwise stoked the fire, Judge Fear was content to drink away and munch on the tea biscuit in peace. Funny how something so simple and mundane as teatime could also be so very comforting.
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:41 am

With Fear's psychic ripple earlier, the sheep-skulled ghoul was not all that talkative for the moment. Rather content to keep to his tea like a timid lamb, he took a few more small sips before setting the cup back down on the saucer. Even when his brother showed his all very subtle distaste for the Dark Judge's interest in putting a few small drips of honey in his drink, the ghoul mentally cringed. Apologies, dearest brother, but he enjoyed a tiny bit of sweet flavor to go with the natural robust taste of the leaves.

He could only be worried for his brother's mild delight at having set his fellow lieutenant on edge. Certainly, making Kev feel the same way only hampered their plans, but to make him suffer the same? Well, he supposed it may as well be payback for that little stint in broadcasting Glen's passions over their psychic link. Speaking of which, it was rather odd that one such as Kev would not be able to pick up the amount of carnal instinct that radiated from that ram. His gaze flicked over to the green alien as he spoke again, the ghoul's tail curling and uncurling upon his leg as he kept a socket on Fear.

Mainly when the little scaly creature decided to address his brother. "Hisss temper isss usssually very level, Kev." He replied in his stead, taking another careful sip. He could feel the wrathful urges bubbling within his brother's presence like water coming to a simmer. "However... sssomething about you it ssseemsss isss jussst getting to him today." He added, before setting his tea on the saucer once more and reaching forward to take a biscuit, if only to tense up slightly as his claws managed to brush over Fear's as he reached for the pile as well. Whoops, looks like he was a little more tense than he thought. in his vigilance he synced with Fear's actions and reached for the tray at the exact same time. His skull tilted up in a nearly apologetic manner, silently conveying his apologies across their link.

Gingerly taking his biscuit once his brother had his share, he took the treat and dipped it a few times in his tea before taking a nibble, turning his attention back to Kev once he started talking again. "Do not fret, Kev. He isss relaxing." Or so he thought. Judge fear's temper was thankfully beginning to cool as he turned around and enjoyed his tea, even going so far as to compliment the taste. "It issss a very nice blend, what tea did you ussse?" He asked, keeping the conversation pleasant as he took another bite of his biscuit. Despite the skeletal nature of his face, the ghoul took care to keep the crumbs from littering his uniform.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:46 am

Things had certainly quieted down now, though the tension in the air...it could be cut with a knife. Even Mortis seemed anxious, if his tail was any indication, Kev himself keeping his hands busy with the tea cup so as to not do anything or say anything he would regret. After soothing over his own indignation and attempting to soothe Judge Fear's in return, Mortis commented that Fear's temper was usually pretty level. Hmm...indeed, Judge Fear was very laid back most of the time, yet whenever the two of them were together sometimes Fear just got so heated!

Judge Mortis wrote:"However... sssomething about you it ssseemsss isss jussst getting to him today."

...Huh. The alien turned and stared at Judge Mortis for a few moments, before settling his gaze contemplatively on his tea cup. His eyes only flickered in their direction when the two were reaching for their biscuits, and in Fear's case, a nice cup of tea. Judge Fear had not jumped across the table to throttle him, so that was good. "I seem to have that affect on people sometimes." The alien responded tonelessly, giving his tea a brief stir with his finger. It was fun to push buttons sometimes, and get people all heated and huffy, but some people were dangerous when certain buttons were pressed and Kev had an awful habit of being the one to push those buttons. It wouldn't be so bad except this was a visit the Judges had made of their own accord, because Kev had confided to Judge Fear that things had not been so great. This was why he did not openly tell his friends when he felt bad. Well, this and a slew of other reasons. But at the moment, this reason right here, when people come over to be kind only for him to somehow annoy them, probably make them regret ever coming, and make them want to leave the cottage as soon as they could.

With their tea and biscuits in hand, the two Judges seemed content, Judge Mortis himself reassuring the alien that Judge Fear was relaxing. "That's good." His gaze lifted back up to his two guests, Mortis still upon the couch and Fear...standing in the corner awkwardly. Of course, unable to sit on the couch and Kev in a chair, Judge Fear's options were limited. "You could turn the other chair around, if you wanted to." He suggested, giving a brief gesture to the chair to the side of Kev's own, and opposite Mortis' couch. Judge Mortis inquired about the tea, Kev glancing again towards Fear's direction. "It was one of Fear's blends. Black tea, I think."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:34 am

"Hisss temper isss usssually very level, Kev. However... sssomething about you it ssseemsss isss jussst getting to him today."

Why thank you, Judge Mortis, for that splendid commentary...

It's true, he supposed. Judge Fear was not usually the feisty one - that had always been Judge Fire's schtick. Still, to actually be enjoying a cuppa with Kev? It was enough to make an honest spirit of the law exorcise itself! How did they get into this unsavoury circumstance, anyhow? Ah, that's right... Weapons of mass destruction. Mustn't forget about those. Looks like his brother was yet again the more tactful of the two.

For a moment the Dark Judge kept his back turned for the better half of ten minutes, quietly sipping his tea and occasionally munching away on his biscuit. He didn't seem fussed anymore, which was a good thing. About as good as a mass murder not automatically reaching for the nearest knife and carving their initials into you, but still a good thing nevertheless. It wasn't until the sound of metal creaking did he return, Judge Fear setting down his empty cup onto the tea table and, if you could believe it, having a seat next to his brother. He crossed a gangly leg over the other and for the most part appeared at ease. Not too close, however. They weren't ten anymore. You remember those days, eh, Mortis? Morgi sure didn't. "It'sss not my brew," he spoke up, the sheer volume of his voice alone rattling Kev's fine china, "but it wasssn't half bad. Rather pleasssant, actually. Don't remember the merchant'sss name." Or if he purged the merchant, for that matter.

No one needed to know that, though. Just his little secret, and Mortis'.

"My brother isss correct. Though I have not been on my bessst behaviour for the passst hour, I can assssure you, Kev, that I am fairly... level." It was just that filthy rag. Who threw a filthy rag on their one and only teapot, for Grud's sake? It was just... It was just sacrilegious! Judge Fear considered something, further hissing, "I am alssso a ssstickler for rulesss and regulationsss; for proper form." Which was already being called into question by drinking tea with a sinner, and one that would not be promptly judged after everything was said and over. Yet another thing Judge Death had done, and on multiple occasions.

Right, right. He was getting distracted. The ghoul nonchalantly dismissed a rotten hand. "I sssuppossse you will be expecting an apology," he rasped. An apology for being a total nitwit and disrespecting your bloody teapot, was what Judge Fear would have liked to say. He instead took after Judge Mortis' lead and decided to be professional. "Very well, you ssshall have it. I am sssorry, Kev, for ssscaring you, even though my name isss Judge Fear." Oh alright, couldn't avoid slipping in a bit of ridicule in there. Now that this unpleasant business was squared away and finished, he figured to glance around take it easy on the cottage's thermostat. The room warmed up, about three lovely degrees, and no more did the air have this grave feel about it.

Such was the power of a good tea, and... well, the promise of gaining enough weaponry to blow everything to Kingdom Come.

"But if you mussst know," the undead fiend continued, "what aggravatesss me the mossst about you, Kev, isss your ssshamelessss impiety for traditionsss. A rag? Ugh, you disssgusst me, you philissstine. You're almossst asss bad asss my own brother - my own brother - for putting honey in hisss tea!" And there you have it, the solemn truth. Kev, you were a complete and utter numpty. May you get hit by a falling meteorite and splatter into a bazillion pieces. Today would be nice.
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:02 am

With Kev having given his toneless reply, the undead lawmen fell silent, Mortis having a sip of his tea while Fear remained in his corner and turned his back in order to enjoy his tea and biscuits. So long as his brother was enjoying the refreshments, Mortis was content to sip his tea, albeit a little concerned for his brother's behavior. Another few sips went down into the mysterious black pit that was the inside of his mouth, never to be seen again and somehow not dribbling down his neck vertebrae and over his ribs. Odd things, undeads.

He idly moved over once Fear closed his helm and moved to sit next to him, giving extra room for his wide mantle. Perhaps this was an attempt at heeding Kev's suggestion? While Kev was more than happy to claim the cuppa was one of Judge Fear's blends, his brother pointedly denied such claims. Of course, given it was his brother who found the merchant and picked out the tea, there was no need for questioning. The ghoul did love his cuppa so, enough that he would not be so cheap as to stoop down to lower quality blends. Only the richest and purest of leaves for his tea, and prepared properly.

"Regardlesss, it isss a good brew." He hissed, taking another sip, "Very robussst." Soon after, the ghoul went ahead and dipped his biscuit in the tea a few times before taking a nibble, careful to not get any crumbs on his uniform. All the while he idly listened as Fear went on to reassure that he was a very level headed person, and very much a stickler... Although Mortis figured he probably should just admit his zeal along with it, given the demonstration he gave to Kev while he was in the barn. The Dark Judge could not help but give a small scolding hum at the not so subtle ridicule. We ssstill need to talk to him about our plan. The weaponsss, brother. He mentally rasped to him, We ssshould bring it up before the robot returnsss. Those animals were not going to stay scared forever, Fear. Sooner or later Marvin would calm them all down and start tottering back to the cottage.

Once the ridicule turned about to Mortis however... "I happen to enjoy sssome sssweetener in my tea, brother." He replied, dunking the biscuit into his tea again before taking another bite.  His sockets turned to Kev once more, ever empty and devoid of what thoughts may be lurking within that bleached skull of his."Asss much asss we are enjoying our time together, there are sssome thingsss that need to be dissscusssed, Kev." He hissed, a little bit of subtle encouragement to get the true conversation rolling.

He did remember the real reason they came to have tea with Kev, right?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:41 am

All was silent for a while, as the three of them focused on consuming their tea. Judge Fear poured the tea within his helm, Judge Mortis somehow drank his tea, skeletal body and all, and Kev absorbed his own tea through his fingertips. An odd little tea drinking trio, to be sure. The silence was also welcome as the tension left the room and they sat there in almost a comfortable zen. Just a telepathic alien and two genocidal corpses. Kev set his empty tea cup on the coffee table around the same time Mortis and Fear did, Fear finally deciding to sit down on the couch with Mortis once he was done. The silence in the room was broken not long after, the tea set jingling slightly from the force of Fear's voice.

"Right, right." Kev still considered it Fear's brew, if only because Fear had been the one to purchase it. If anyone knew anything about it or what it was, it would be Fear. A shame he didn't remember the merchant's name. "It was very good, been a while since I've had loose-leaf." He may look into buying some more loose-leaf instead of the tea bags. Just for some nice variety. The alien crossed his legs and placed his hands on his lap politely, glancing up when Judge Fear spoke again. Best behavior, huh. That little stunt in the kitchen was him just 'not being on his best behavior'. A stickler for rules and regulations, huh? Oh yes, quite the stickler. Needs to do the proper thing, obsessed with proper regulations. That explained away everything. "I'll keep that in mind, for the future." Keep in mind the proper rules and regulations of a genocidal ghoul.

Though the alien's form stiffened slightly when Judge Fear correctly guessed that Kev was expecting an apology. Expecting one and getting one were two entirely different things, however. The alien's wide eyes watched the Judge carefully, trying not to notice his dismissive demeanor. Sure enough, the Judge apologized! Not the best apology around, but you know what? Kev would take his victories where he could get them. He inclined his head at him. "Apology accepted, thank you Fear. And I'm sorry I offended you with a rag~!" The alien's tone was ten times more cheerful than it had been in the past hour, and the warmer feel of the room only seemed to make him more content. "Oh yes, I simply must. Do tell, Judge Fear?" So he didn't like how Kev didn't respect tradition? "Oh, I'm plenty respectful of traditions, Judge Fear! I just need to actually know about them." Judge Fear really disliked honey in tea! The alien chuckled and glanced at Mortis, who defended his position. Honey was great in tea, particularly in the colder months! It probably felt great on Mortis' throat, he'd heard that honey and tea really helped when one felt under the weather. You can't get anymore under the weather than death.

The mood sobered up quite nicely when Mortis' attention came upon Kev, the skull headed corpse pointing out that there were some things they needed to discuss. "Things?" Kev looked between the two of them. This probably had to do with the nukes, didn't it? He didn't realize they had more things to discuss about it... "Alright...what do you want to discuss?"

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:54 pm

That ridicule was justified and you know it, Mortis. Go take your scolding hums elsewhere.

We ssstill need to talk to him about our plan. The weaponsss, brother. We ssshould bring it up before the robot returnsss.

Ah yes, the discussion.

The discussion that his brother could have also started, but so politely declined the opportunity and instead delegated upon him. Suffice to say, Judge Fear was far from amused; nothing had changed. Mm, and what isss ssstopping you from opening up the conversssation? A rhetorical question with a bit of a bite. After all, Mortisss, you are doing sssuch a great job sssocializing with Kev. As if on cue, Judge Mortis proceeded to do just that. Expect he still skirted about the subject and thought himself subtle, thinking his brother actually needed a hint. Bless you, brother, but go take your social cues and put them near your scolding hums. Right down Kev's bloody corn-hole, preferably. It would really put this afternoon right at the top of his favourite afternoons.

"Indeed," Judge Fear spoke up, rising to the challenge. If the alien perished because of this, the ghoul was to be pardoned of all resulting blame. "We are here, Kev, to dissscusssss our agreement together. Though, there isss really nothing new to go over. Thisss visssit isss really to take the burden of Lessslie off your mind for today." Oopsie~! Guess who had been withholding a bit of knowledge from his other half?

That etched grin on Judge Fear's helm couldn't have possibly gotten any wider.

He clasped his hands together upon a crossed knee, mimicking the alien, and lovingly continued, "Though, if we mussst, we ssshould dissscusssss the plan in finer detail." But where, oh where to start, hmm? Pointedly not looking at his brother (but prepared to savour any dismay that came from him), the Dark Judge knew a perfect topic to latch onto. A topic, if you will, that would bring a smile to any sadist. "Let usss begin with your training," Judge Fear hissed cheerfully. Just thinking about beating Kev got him all giddy. "You will, from sssunrissse to sssunssset, undergo extenssssive routinesss consssisssting of physssical, mental, and ssspiritual exercisssesss. Thessse routinesss will not deviate, and you will be expected to massster them each and every sssingle day. No exceptionsss, though Sssunday will be your day of ressst." See? Very generous of him, wasn't it? "And furthermore," he added without needing a single breath, "you will be given desssignated breaksss to go about your sssinful needsss. A drink to quench your thirssst, for example. Or a moment of ressspite. Mealsss will be prepared asss well, though you will not be given additional breaksss to consssume them." Ah, just like mentoring a young cadet for the hellish, crime-infested streets of Deadworld.

Should be fun, especially if Judge Fear had the opportunity to lay a few ounces of sense into Kev's doe-eyed skull. He was fairly certain that a good beating never hurt anyone. It actually did a whole spot of good!
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:54 am

Why was he not starting the conversation, Fear asked. Hm, there were a few reasons that the undead Judge held his tongue from starting the heavier topics...I did not arrange thisss visssit, much asss I had not journeyed with you for the sssake of tea. In fact, you had ssstated upon our journey here you wissshed to dissscusss further bussssinesss with Kev. He reminded. Fear did not state that it was Judge Mortis who had business to discuss, nor did he insinuate there was any business between himself and the green alien to talk about. After all, this was Fear's stratagem, his tactics, and therefore it would be his responsibility to decide who carried out what and when. Who was he to jump the gun and decide what would be spoken of?

If such was the case, he expected his brother to have stated such directions. The ghoulish Judge was not Fire or Death, he would not bluntly and foolishly blurt out their intentions premature.

Speaking of intentions... That certainly was not what Mortis had agreed to aid his brother with. Hmm, and what was his dearest brother vehemently arguing earlier?

A tie and bouquet? Well you might asss well be drokking Sssidney, thinking that I, a Judge of the law, would be ssso crassss asss to go out on a date and forsssake our eternal OATH!

Oh, and the biggest kicker of them all.

Kev isss not my Mrsss. Gunderssson and that isss final,

Yet, here he was, stating that the true purpose was to alleviate the burden that was Kev's lost love, dear precious Leslie. It was enough to make a Judge -CRUNCH!- eat their biscuit whole! Crumbs stuck to the ghoul's teeth, a few decent sized ones falling to bounce upon the leather of his uniform. Despite the display and undignified addition to his already rotted and tattered uniform, his skull remained fixed ahead, the tiniest beginnings of red pinpricks able to be discerned from the dark depths of his eye sockets if one looked close enough. Like feeble, dying embers.

Oh but of course there was more! What good was an injury to what he thought was a Judge's pride without insult to go right along with it!

For his brother, by the book Judge Fear's very thoughts did not belie his words, his intentions were completely and utterly truthful. Not his Mrs. Gunderson, eh? Of course, the cold and critical Judge that he was, Mortis could not help but slowly tilt his head towards Fear, all too knowing of the grin that was seeping over their link like a nasty odor. If he did not know any better, he already was beginning to break his word in keeping himself from ending up like dear old Sssidney.

Growing ssssoft, Fear? He hissed across their link. I can only name one who acted with sssuch sssympathy towardsss a ssssinner, and he isss not on thisss planet. Or anywhere else in this accursed Gamma.

He even went so far as to begin mimicking the green noodly creature! However, such silliness began to give way to something far more sensible... Or so he had hoped. Training the diminutive green creature was not exactly his idea of business, but if he was to go about with their plan, he would need some form of strength aside from his current, pathetic excuse for psychic proficiency. The idea of his brother laying into the green alien however was not all too unappealing, his claws curling slightly as Fear's own little mental images were shared. Good, good. Throughout the talk, Judge Mortis was content to remain silent, every so often raising his cup to those bony teeth of his and taking a sip.

Those glowing embers that idly pulsated within his eye sockets did not dissipate, however.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:03 pm

Their agreement together...yep, yep, this was about the nukes. The alien really just loved how a simple 'I kill someone for you, you kill someone for me' trade got so...complex. When they first struck their agreement, it was very straight forward. Kev kills Daemeon, Fear helps Kev to kill Ridley. Easy, simple, clean. One fateful day in the Sanctuary later, however, and now they had themselves a plot...a scheme. Judge Fear would seemingly kill Kev, Ridley would hand over his nukes, and then Kev would kill Ridley. And the nukes...would destroy the Breach. Possibly. Nothing was for certain. So to hear that they were here to talk about the agreement definitely got Kev's curiosity. Had something changed? Did they need to tweak the plan? Was there something he was unaware of?

Judge Fear wrote:"Though, there isss really nothing new to go over. Thisss visssit isss really to take the burden of Lessslie off your mind for today."

"Oh!" Good, good...there was nothing to go over. Nothing new at least, this was mostly going over the same old thing, probably refresh their memories. And of course, to keep Kev's mind off of Leslie, Nym, and the Phazon. "Thank you, Judge Fear, for coming over for me. You too, Mortis! I really appreciate it." He wasn't completely alone out here, he had Marvin after all...but there were some things Marvin did not understand. He didn't understand why the sight of the empty bedroom upstairs made him sad, he didn't understand why it hurt to count up the sheep at night and feel a pang because one was missing. Nym however, Marvin could definitely understand. He had grown to like the digimon and so the disappearance seemed to affect him too. Who knows, maybe he could grow to like the Judges too!

Kev's attention was briefly directed to the sheep headed Judge however, as he chomped down a biscuit with a louder crunch than usual. His head peered to the side curiously, were Mortis eyes getting a little...redder than usual? The alien's eyes ping-ponged between the Judges for a moment before leveling his gaze and attention back onto Judge Fear fully. Though he couldn't help but feel like he was missing something...at the mimicked pose, the alien leaned forward slightly. "Finer detail, I like the sound of that." He'd like to know more about this plan. Ah yes, training. Training so that when his soul was ripped out and stored within Judge Fear, he would be able to handle it. "Sunrise to sunset...? Hmm...I'm going to have to make some arrangements at the store." Thankfully they had hired on a few more people, so they did have some wiggle room in that regard. Physical exercises, that sounded hard. Mental exercises, also hard. Spiritual exercises...that sounded like the hardest. "Sounds like this training's going to be...challenging. I'm going to try my best though!" At least he had a day off! "Can I have any visitors over on Sunday?" Breaks to drink, eat, and rest...sounded a lot like some sort of military regiment. Still, he nodded his head in agreement. "Whatever it takes...though, meals are going to be prepared?" His head cocked to the side. "I don't really need any meals, just give me some sun and I'll be fine." The training exercises sounded like they were going to be a nice spot of Hell to get through, but what was he supposed to do? Say 'no', then be overwhelmed when his soul was taken out and housed in that which is Fear?

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Nothing wrong with journeying out into the verdant wassstesss of life in order to enjoy a fressshly brewed cuppa with your own brother, came a rather shameless response from the incorrigible Judge Fear. The epitome of politeness, he calmly added, And yesss, bussssinessss. A busssinesss, my dear Mortisss, that I had not entirely ssspecified. Business was business, no matter the subject at hand. The helmeted Dark Judge had a method to his madness, see. His brother will simply have to drink his tea like a good lad and weather the worst of it.

Though he reckoned swallowing a biscuit whole like that could not be good for one's dental health...

"Thank you, Judge Fear, for coming over for me. You too, Mortis! I really appreciate it."

The ghostly chuckling echoing out from the ghoul's blackened helm was enough to set the scales alongside Kev's back on edge. "Of courssse, of courssse!" he hissed, sounding quite jovial about something or other. Hmm, must be because he simply couldn't wait to ground the alien into a fine, liquidy paste. Or was it because a certain Judge of rot and decay was getting rather... mm, salty~? Who knew with a spirit like Judge Fear. "It mussst pain you to ssstare at the vacant upssstairsss bedroom at night, forlorn and bittersssweet. We thought to be good enough chumsss and visssit you in thisss horrible time of memoriesss passst. Friendsss and all that good ssstuff." What's the matter, Mortis, chum? Didn't like the fact that Judge Fear had this little sinner wrapped around his corpse finger tighter than a drum? He may think to equate this entire "friendship" to that of Judge Death and Mrs. Gunderson, but therein the sheep-skulled fiend would be sorely underestimating his blunt, by the book, and ever truthful brother. Another chuckle escaped him, the Dark Judge riding out his brother's disdain as if he were a young man sailing out to sea for the first time in his iniquitous life.

Oh husssh, he told that bleating sod right off. And wipe that grin off your long face! Allowing Kev to believe that we actually care for him isss only ssstrengthening hisss conception of usss. The more we ssseem to value hisss time and company, the more he will be willing to asssisssst usss in our ssscheme. After all, wasss it not you that ssstated we would have to employ a bit of ssstrategy? It just may not be the method of choice for dear old Judge Mortis.

Comparing himself to the likeness of hypocritical Sidney... The nerve of his brother at times!

Predictably, Kev was beginning to think that something was transpiring between the two fiends. Right, then! Time to engage in a bit of productive business. "Yesss, make your arrangementsss," the ghoul nodded. "And make sssure that your cover ssstory isss airtight. We do not want any unwanted disssruptionsss." Ugh, like that Montiago woman. And challenging was a good word for it, but not the most optimal. "You will either sssucceed or die in the processss. There isss no trying, Kev. Let me make that perfectly clear." As for the visitors... Judge Fear gave it a quick thought and ultimately waved a nonchalant hand. "Ssshould you perform well throughout the week and ssshow the proper ressspect, a visssitor isss permisssssible," he eventually rasped. A visitor, so don't be getting any ideas. This was to be a discreet operation and nothing but. Judge Fear had to cock his head slightly to the side as Kev brought up... sunlight? What the bloody hell did sun - oh, oh! Riiiight... Kev was an alien that nourished himself via "photosynthesis". What rubbish evolution!

"You will ssstill be required to eat your mealsss." The ghoul was going to remain adamant with his decision. "Three mealsss a day to ensssure that you are having a regular intake of essssential vitaminsss and mineralsss. You will need every ounce that you can manage." And don't expect a breakfast slushie, made by an undead fiend who cannot rightfully eat or drink, to taste very well, either.
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Nothing wrong with going out for a cuppa, he said. This is the business he said... The could have easily made tea back at the farmstead if that was truly their business. No, his brother had grown attached to the scaly, green noodle of a sinner. That was the reason for this journey, that was the reason why he happily trudged out all this way with nary a scheme in mind. Idly the sheep-skulled Judge bright a couple of claws down to tweeze the crumbs from his uniform, popping them into his mouth as he chewed on them midst his disgruntled thoughts. Much like the sheep in Kev's barn, Judge Mortis' jaw moved from side to side as he chewed, albeit more slowly as his sockets remained on the diminutive creature.

Mrs. Gundersssson the sssecond wrote:"Thank you, Judge Fear, for coming over for me. You too, Mortis! I really appreciate it."

"Yessss, you are welcome." He rasped, the first four words he had said since Fear broke out that he visited for the sake of alleviating the burden of loss. All the same, Mortis' own aggravation was making his brother nothing but jovial. So much so that he actually managed to be sociable, in contrast to the looming shadow that lurked about Kev's kitchen earlier. All good progress in dealing with sinners, but the Judge would have been more accepting should the helmeted ghoul not have meant a single word he said. Thus, the ghoul kept quiet as he went on, taking another sip of tea once he finished cleaning the crumbs from his leathers.

However, that which was not spoken aloud was not always unspoken.

I am well aware of what I had ssstated, brother. However, there isss a difference between uttering sssweet nothingsss into onesss ear for the sssake of eassse and actually meaning them. He mentally hissed, none too pleased with his own advice being fed back to him. I hold no issssue with winning the ssssinner over to work with usss, but the moment one growsss an attachment to a derelict sssuch asss him, thingsss will become far more complicated then need be. With that final, stern warning given, he lapsed back into silence, his tea cup now empty. He gently set both cup and saucer back on the tea tray, though his sockets, and the dim glow within them, never left Kev.

"Another cup, pleasse." He politely rasped, gesturing to the emptied cup with his yellowed talons. All the while, his brother finally made good on discussing the actual business behind this particular visit. However, the ghoul could not help but give a mental scoff at his mention of an airtight cover story. Yes, tell the biggest gossip on this miserable planet to have a decent cover story, to keep things quiet and airtight. Of course. The mention of the alien somehow dying in the process sounded rather promising, however.

At least until the subject of a visitor was brought up. Even if a visitor was the key term in Fear's negotiation, the possibility of the alien blabbing to said visitor was, well, too damn high. After all, he had already leaked a good portion of it to a demon of all things. We ssshould be wary of who he asssksss over. He quietly rasped across their link, akin to a graveled rumble. Or the visssitor ssshould be one we can trusssst. He offered. One who would not blab even if they did learn of their plans...

"Livewire." He hissed. "I believe ssshe would not mind coming to visssit ssssometime. It would be nice, would it not, Kev? Those two were already quite close already, and the femme was very trustful, even so far as loyal, to his brother.

It would be perfect.

Of course, sunlight was hardly a means of excusing the consumption of proteins, minerals. If Kev wished to remain strong, he would need to take in more than just water and sunshine. With his brother's adamant reply, Mortis nodded in agreement. "Even one ssssuch asss you would benefit from sssome added vitaminssss and mineralssss." He rasped encouragingly. Even if it did come in the form of a nasty slushy.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:49 pm

Judge Tact wrote:"It mussst pain you to ssstare at the vacant upssstairsss bedroom at night, forlorn and bittersssweet."

...Mmmngh. The alien's shoulders hunched up slightly, the words managing to wriggle their way up his spine and just make him feel all kinds of happy. And with such a jovial tone, too. Kev was actually unsure if Judge Fear was trying to be so...blunt, on purpose as revenge for the dish rag, or if he honestly didn't realize how that would sound. "I don't exactly stare at it..." Was Kev's reply, before giving Fear a slight nod. Such thoughtful Judges! Well, sometimes. Even if Fear was being incredibly blunt and scary, as per the kitchen episode, there was still the fact that they had come to give him company and Kev would not forget it. "Yes, yes, friends and all that good stuff. Good friends~!" Focus on the oddly chipped Judge Fear and not the depressing past! Judge Mortis had also spoken up again, after his brief period of silence, and Kev nodded his head to him in a show of thanks. Wonder if Mortis had any cud in his mouth that he chewed...

Ah, seems Mortis had already finished off his fist cuppa! Kev nodded his head and placed his cup down, lifting up out of his seat. "Of course. How's your cup, Fear? Do you need more tea?" The alien reached down, hands curling around the pot. Shuffling around the coffee table, he approached Mortis and the couch, and tilted the tea pot to pour the tea into Mortis' awaiting cup. For the moment, Kev lingered by the couch with the tea pot even after filling up Mortis' cup, just in case Fear wanted more as well. Speaking of, the corpse insisted he have a good cover story when he made his arrangements. "I'll think of something good." Fear's idea was...sort of good. But making up a holiday that he'd never brought up ever before in the past was a little suspicious. Hmm...maybe he could say he had some sort of duties to do, something every certain years? Or maybe a rite of passage...

"Wait, die?! I can die from this training?! I didn't know that!" What exactly were they going to get into that he could die from all of this? "Wish I knew that before..." But what was he going to do, refuse? After he'd died this many times...as long as he wanted to come back, he surely would. "Guess I'll succeed or die trying, then." With a wave of the hand, the Judge decided that so long as he showed Fear respect, and performed well with the training. "Thank you." A visitor, that'd sure be nice! But who would visit? Kev's head turned to Mortis. "Livewire?" Of all of his friends, Livewire most accepted his friendship with Fear. Livewire was a good friend besides that, and she'd probably like to see the animals. "You're right, it'd be really nice to have her over."

Fear was pretty stubborn about giving Kev meals though, three of them a day, even! "Alright, as long as you don't mind making them all liquid." Kev was no stranger to slushies or soup, but he never made it an everyday thing. Vitamins and minerals, was it? Both Judges seemed adamant on this. "Should I keep eating these meals after the training too?" Especially since it was apparently very important that he have those vitamins and minerals.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:56 pm

...Attached? Attached!?

The Dark Judge brushed aside such a ridiculous notion as it were a clump of rotted, loose skin. So they had stopped by under the false notion that they cared for Kev's well-being; that they cared about his own personal demons with abandonment and Leslie's disappearance from this nightmare of a world... It mattered little. Little! The alien will assist them in acquiring those weapons of mass destruction and afterward, when it was most opportune and every living thing had crumbled into atomized dust, they would then dispose of Kev and his aching heart. Attachment, dear brother, had nothing to do with it.

To be perfectly frank (and shameless), Judge Fear had not been sincere when he expressed their condolences; he had been rather cruel and took great delight in reminding the alien that Leslie was not around... It was of his just opinion that the moon fae was the smartest of the bunch - she left! To where he hadn't the foggiest clue or desire to know, but anything must have been better than this stagnant, iniquitous world. How could the comparison of Judge Death and Mrs. Gunderson be made if the helmeted ghoul was as every much determined to destroy this place as he was to take Kev's life? And, rest assured, it will be taken. "And I don't exactly engage in civil dissscourssse with sssinnersss," was the Dark Judge's equally-blunt response. He may not be a schemer like the honourable Judge Mortis, or even the best when it came to socializing, but he certainly knew how to get under people's skin.

Simply part of his charm.

And what makesss you think I mean them? he asked sweetly, again far from being genuine. The way I sssee it, Kev'sss own anxietiesss are ripe for manipulation. Look at him, Mortisss... ssso naive and trusssting. One would think it a crime to twissst him around and sssqueeze whatever they desssired from that ssscaly body. It'sss almossst asss if he were a bit of sssport to teassse before itsss final momentsss on Earth! This wasn't of course to discount the alien's peculiar outlook on life and death, for Kev was an interesting conversationalist in his own right. That was part of his charm, see. But, charm or not, the law was the law and it demanded to be followed to the book and letter. Through the gullible alien isss a meansss to not only acquire what we ssseek, but to alssso keep one of the community'sss Achillesss' heelsss clossse. If the alien were to attach, asss you have ssso pointedly ssstated, then all the better. The power playersss of Portal Breach will think twice about harming Kev and, via proxy, ourssselvesss. Sssacrificesss, Mortisss. The good work callsss for sssacrificesss. And a zealous fanatic like Judge Fear saw no qualms in laying his own spiritual health on the line in order to accomplish their eternal goal.

"Of course. How's your cup, Fear? Do you need more tea?"

"Very nice," he hissed. "And no more, thank you. I am currently trying a low calorie diet." Admittedly, Judge Mortis had a very good point that could not be disarmed with sarcastic quips and insolent remarks - Kev was the biggest gossip around. For someone who didn't have a physical mouth, it was rather surprising... "Yesss, you can die. I didn't think to mention it becaussse..." Cue the nonchalant shrug and hand wave. "Well, becaussse it wasssn't important."

Livewire... Ah, a good choice. "The femme isss permitted on Sssundaysss," he concurred, not letting Kev have any rightful say on the matter.

As for keeping a healthy intake of daily vitamins and minerals after training was over, Judge Fear's answer deviated. "Once your training isss over and our agreement hasss been fulfilled, you are free to do asss you will," the ghoul calmly replied. After all, they were not the alien's keepers. "In fact, we are to part waysss asss sssoon asss it isss over. No hard feelingsss, Kev. I am sssure that you wisssh to resssume your sssinful life asss we wisssh to continue our virtuousss calling."
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:25 am

While Kev and his brother were busy exchanging their rather blunt clarifications... and perhaps a few insults, Mortis already had a claw reaching for his second biscuit, intent on not crushing it in his jaws before he was through enjoying it. Or at least attempting to enjoy it, as his memory of what a biscuit tasted like was not exactly that clear, faded with centuries of existing in his undead state.

The lack of a functioning tongue did not help matters either.

Even so, the ghoul remained silent as Fear and Kev had their small disagreement, much too interested in his brother's thoughts, which were sounding more betrayed by the moment. Kev's comfort mattered little, Leslie was nothing and her disappearance only filled the ghoul with nothing but glee with all the sadness it gave the green alien. Of course, who could deny that Fear was a sadist at heart, much like Mortis himself and the others. Even so, that glimmer of affection towards the alien was present all the same.

Regardless, Fear's own argument was enough to ease the worries within his empty skull. Indeed, there was no crime in making the alien think they were his friends in order to get to their own ends, perhaps the ghoul had simply been startled at how sudden Fear's adaption had been. His eye sockets remained no Kev as he poured him a new cup, empty holes gazing into the alien's large eyes. All the while, the hard biscuit he was holding began to idly roll across his gnarled knuckles.

So sweet, so trusting, so guileless. His mind? All too open and inviting for the promise of gaining a new friend, one who would help him through his trials and tribulations. A second Leslie, even. Could he perhaps see this in Judge Fear? After all, with his prior outburst, one would have thrown the both of them upon the stoop and left them be it anyone but Kev. There had to be more of a reason than simple hospitality and patience at hand... I sssee. He mentally hissed, Perhapsss I had reverssssed your rolesss in thisss endeavor. Apologiesss, brother. After all, they had to keep up appearances if they wished to keep Kev on their side.

Kev, whose name was nearly household with how often he visited the city for conversation, a gossip hen if he had ever seen one. Along with a cherished acquaintance and friend to many of the veteran residents of this rock... Indeed, sacrifices had to be made.

"Thank you, Kev." Mortis rasped as he retrieved his steaming cup, ceasing his ministrations with the biscuit to dip it into his tea. Fear on the other hand was not so interested in having another cuppa, alas. Those diets were hell to keep on track if one was not vigilant. Much like how the alien had failed to remain vigilant of who he had over for tea. Mortis took a bite of his biscuit, washing the nibble down with a small sip of tea.

"Yesss, it isss not important." Mortis agreed with a nod, "Becaussse if you keep to the regiment we give you, there isss no need for worry. Train hard, maintain you ssschedule, lisssten to your inssstructor and eat your mealsss." He set the cup down on the saucer, his cuppa looking like it was part of a child's play set in his massive hands. "Sssimple asss that."

There was nothing to truly worry about, after all, Mortis and Fear would not let such a promising creature slip through their claws. They even agreed to let Livewire visit him on Sundays. After all this was over however, they would need to part ways, no more training, no more lovingly prepared meals, no more waking up at the ass-crack of dawn... "Yesss, our duty callsss to usss endlesssly, Kev. Asss nice asss it would be to remain here and continue with your mentoring once your training isss over, it would be neglectful to let ssso much sssin run rampant." Mortis agreed.

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:55 pm