Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Baby's First Aging Day

Post by Zurg on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:41 pm

Time: Early, Early Morning
    Date: 9.06.0005

Today was a very important day - a day he could not miss!

All last night Zurg had been sweating to create only the most spectacular of birthday cakes. Long ago and on a different holiday, the monarch had remembered talk of giving Nym a gigantic cake for his birthday - his first! Therefore, it must be a special cake and nothing something that could have easily been bought in a store. Zurg had far too much pride to buy something like that, besides. For an entire half hour the veiled alien had rode into the Samba Heartlands, a large package carefully bound to the back of the hoverbike's seat. It was a modest box wrapped in a soft robin blue, azure ribbons and a white bow making for lovely accents. Only a master gift-wrapper could make such perfect corners; Jo had been incessant in wanting to help, so she had chosen the colours. In any event, he was here!

There was the dull whine of a high-powered engine and the hoverbike came to an idle float not far from a cottage's cozy doorstep. Ah, wonder if anyone was awake? Maybe, maybe... Either way, he could not stay for very long. A pair of worn boots quietly crunched upon the wet earth, blades of grass still kissed by dew, and a broad-shouldered shadow descended upon the cottage's rustic porch. Silence gripped the early morn before -

Knock, knock, knock!

"Kev! Nym! Are any of you awake? It's me, Zurg!" Who else would out and about barely after the crack of dawn?

((Gonna be a real, REAL quick thread.))

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Baby's First Aging Day

Post by Kev on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Kev had not been awake for very long, only enough time to slip on a robe over his pajamas and get some dog and cat food set in the kitchen. The way these animals begged in the morning, you'd think they'd been starving for a week. Greedy little things. Though round eyes soon redirected themselves to the front door, hearing a person approach. In an animal's point of view, 'visitor' trumped food. The dogs ran to the door and barked at it as whoever was on the other side started knocking. Kev gave the door a sleepy blink as he set the last bowl down. "Eeh...?" He hadn't been expecting company this early...

Zurg wrote:"Kev! Nym! Are any of you awake? It's me, Zurg!"

"Zurg?!" Oh wow, if he was over this early, it must be an emergency! Did something happen to Jo? Or perhaps Aya? Or, maybe even, Lawrence?! Kev made his way over to the front door, pointing the animals towards the kitchen and grumbling for them to go off and eat before he finally opened the door. There was Zurg alright, behind him Kev could spy that little bike he used sometimes to go riding around. "Are you okay Zurg? What happened? Also, Nym is probably somewhere in the heartlands or something, he kinda wanders around the meadow and beyond cause he can't fit in the cottage any more..." Kev made a quick gesture with his arms, at the cottage and briefly imagined Nym being here for size comparison before he shook his head. "Nevermind, I'm getting off topic. You. What's going on?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:48 am

Zurg leaned forward and wrapped Kev in a big ol' hug, the poor scrawny twig no match for such regal strength. "Good morning, Kev~! I hope everything is alright with you, and that you're not getting into any trouble." Because, if you are, there was a certain boot with your name on its heel. And believe you me, Zurg had some painful heels.

Look at Kev, thinking there was something to be urgent about. The monarch politely shooed his friend's animals with a careful foot and quickly got to explaining. "Oh yes, everything is fine," the monarch replied. He even fanned his hands to indicate that nothing was amiss, hoping to settle Kev's anxiety. "Sorry for not announcing myself ahead of time. You don't have a telephone or, um, anything that enables quick communication across large distances." Hint hint, nudge nudge. Kev, get a freaking TTY device! "A-Anyway," Zurg continued, "I just wanted to stop by and deliver a gift for Nym. It's his aging day, you know." And his first, how special~! But wait, what is this?

"Nym's not home...?" The monarch glanced around, eyes giving away his puzzlement. "Oh dear... Well, I guess I can give you his gift and you can perhaps store it in the refrigerator? It's a cake, see. I don't want it spoiling while he's out and about doing Nym things." That would just be terrible! "And I must apologize for not being able to stay for very long. Today's a work day."

In fact, his shift started in roughly two hours! Rushing to get on the job was no excuse to be rude, though.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:49 pm

The hug was a little unexpected, but Kev was never one to refuse a hug! The leaner alien looped his arms around Zurg in return and leaned into it, even letting out a soft trill. Though Zurg's uh...greeting was a little sobering, Kev knew what he was referring to and he gave the alien's broad chest a pat as if to calm him. "Good morning Zurg! I'm fine, just feeding the animals before getting my breakfast. And I'm in no more trouble then usual, you big worrywart." Technically the truth!

Kev pulled away to look up at Zurg and hear his explanation. Surely if there was something urgent Zurg wouldn't have given him a happy little hug. He probably would have grabbed a Kevvy arm and dragged him to the bike to the hospital or something. Everything was alright, it seemed! Zurg quickly set about to apologizing, yes Kev couldn't exactly use a phone. "I don't need a telephone, I have telepathy." The alien reached up and gave Zurg's temple a poke. "Next time just think really hard on the way here! 'Hey Kev, I'm coming over, don't worry, no one died or anything!'. Do it a few times and the closer you get here, the easier I'll be able to pick it up." No technology required! Now what was this, then? He brought Nym a gift? But wh-

"Aging day?!" It'd been a year already?! It felt like less than a year, and yet at the same time, more than a year as well. Of course, Kev had also been pretty confused about what they were going to count as his aging day. The day the egg came here, the day he hatched, the day he became that little cat head, or when he became his more 'Nym'y form? Kev grabbed Zurg's shoulders, eyes wide. "I don't have a gift yet! I'll get something during lunch and bring it back, yeah! Yes! Best idea!" Having successfully come up with a plan of action, he released the taller alien and brushed his shoulders a bit. "Benefits of being your own boss.~" If he was a little late he didn't have to worry.

Aaw, Zurg seemed a little put out that Nym wasn't here immediately. "Well, he really likes to hunt and he likes to hunt coyotes and stuff. Don't you worry Zurg. He's around here somewhere! I can call him here for you, if you want!" See, telephones, shmelephones! Zurg didn't have long here but he deserved to see Nym's reaction to his little cake. Kev turned away from the alien and analyzed the horizon, though his attention was on anything but the sun. His mind breezed past several minds, trying to find Nym's. It was easy since most of his 'neighbors' were animals. Hey Nym? Zurg's here, he has something for you!~ The telepathic message rang out towards the digimon's mind.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:15 am

The early morning wasn't really a time for Nym to be awake. He often wandered at night around the cottage and would always wake up somewhere in a field, but always close to home. This was more of a precaution than anything; it kept predators away and discouraged them from taking sheep or anything else, and it also let Nym hunt a bit and keep his skills up. So, on this particular morning, Nym was under a willow tree, far out enough from the cottage that a hoverbike of any sort wouldn't be heard. It was a perfect spot for a picnic--or nap in Nym's case--and kept a lot of noise out.

Nym had not dreamed any dreams within the past few months, something that often made him wonder when he woke up as to why, but this morning, something entered his mind. Not a vision, or a dream, but a voice. A familiar voice, and it called to him, Hey Nym? Zurg's here, he has something for you!~ it said, and Nym was inclined to open his eyes, albeit slowly, and he raised his head up, nose snorting a bit. Zurg had come by today? So early in the morning? What was the reason for this, Nym wondered as he stood up and stretched for a moment.

After his stretch, Nym began to run quickly, heading back to the cottage. Quick on his feet and overcoming even the smallest of obstacles, the large wolf would be around the corner and bursting through some bushes in 3... 2...

CRUNCH! went a few branches as he leaped out from behind them, and ran straight to the door before coming to an abrupt halt, sitting down in front of the two aliens and panted slightly. "Good morning Kev, Zurg. It's nice to see the both of you. What brings you all the way out here, Zurg? Kev said you had something for me...?" A gift for some reason! Not even Nym realized what day it was, but then again, he never bothered to keep track of the days. "I hope I'm not keeping you from anything," he said, recalling that Zurg worked somewhere. Shouldn't he be there? Or was his shift a little later? Either way, having both Zurg and Kev here made him feel much better.

Now, what's this about a pressie?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:59 am

Big worry wort? The nerve! At the patting and Kev's insistence, Zurg audibly huffed.

"Well then! It's not as if I was the one asking all the concerned questions just a minute ago," he sassed. Whatever happened to thinking that the monarch's house visit was an emergency, hmm? HMM!? Ah, but this was just good-natured teasing. Zurg wasn't fussed (although he certainly put on an act) and he was quite pleased to hear that his friend wasn't in the slightest bit of trouble. Again, technically. "Telepathy, schelepathy. Having a TTY device or similar gizmo is just a good precaution. After all, what if someone needs to reach out from your cottage, or if your mental cries for help don't reach the city?" At the poke, Zurg's eyes crossed and he let loose an irritable rumble. It came from deep within, so you know it was sincere. "I... also don't feel very comfortable releasing my thoughts all willy-nilly into the wilderness, Kev. You know why." Although, really, it was probably already too late...

In any event, onward to more positive news! And, apparently, an alarmed outcry from the scaly green alien. "I don't know, isn't it Nym's aging day?" Zurg inquired. He thought it was, anyhow. Shoulders firmly grabbed, the monarch rapidly blinked as his friend devised a fitting course of action. "Er... Yes, I... suppose that would be a very good idea," the larger of the two agreed. There were many advantages to being your own boss, but it was also quite stressful and demanding. The monarch was currently happy being just an employee.

"He hunts this early?" Well, it was a good as time as any, he supposed. Maybe the Digimon had developed a taste for this... coyote? "Oh sure! Call away, but don't be too careless." Zurg would rather much keep this gathering a secret, especially after learning about Kev's interesting choice in... friends. "Oh alright, I'm a worry wort. Just call Nym already," he grumbled.

And wouldn't you know it, here came the young pup now.

CRUNCH!

Like a blur of lightning Nym went crashing through those bushes, the golden shimmer in his eyes visible even from afar. Ah, to be young again... Zurg quietly observed the digital monster's arrival and reached out to gently stroke Nym's fur. The patch right upon his snout~! "Good morning, Nym! I am delighted to see you too, and I hope you are enjoying your stay with Kev and the animals." Alas, alas! It was never a chore to visit Kev and see how he was doing, but between work and managing everything back at the house, Zurg found that there just weren't enough hours in the standard day to do everything he wanted. This made his stop all the more special. "Kev is indeed correct," a gentle chuckle tickled the air. "I have something for you, Nym. Wait right here." Don't worry, this won't take long.

Soon the monarch returned with a hefty package, several things juggled beneath one of his arms, and he carefully set Nym's present upon the earth, just before the Digimon's monstrous paws. "Whew! Alright..." Now to open the package! Zurg would be doing the honours this time around. "Normally you'd be tearing into the wrapping I so lovingly spent all morning with, but fret not. You'll get to the tearing very shortly." And with a tug of a ribbon here and another pull there, the box's lid was removed to reveal an incredibly large and thick cake!

A cake the size of a tire, too.

"Ta-da~!" Zurg cheered, the alien holding out his arms with hands shaking. "Happy first aging day, Nym! I baked you a cake and a big one, too." But what was a cake without its candles? If all eyes would turn to the items pinned beneath the monarch's arm, he brought out a gigantic candle and placed it square in the cake's middle. Can't forget about the lighter! "Okay, Nym. Before you devour what took me all night to make in a few simple bites, you have to close your eyes and think of a wish. Careful! Don't say it aloud or else it won't come true." A human tradition, really. Nevertheless, it was still something to make the occasion all the more magical. Zurg lit the candle and rose, the alien taking his place right beside Kev. "This is from all of us," he said, draping an arm around his friend and literally dragging him close. "Kev, Aya, myself, and even all your friends and good acquaintances. We're all thinking of you. Happy aging day." And here's to many more to come.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:22 am

Kev set about to huffing and sassing right back at the taller alien. "There's a difference between thinking someone coming over early in the morning all 'knockity knock knock' means there could be trouble, and thinking I always wake up in some sort of mortal danger!" Kev poked Zurg's chest a few times, as if that would help make his point. Of course, the leaner alien was about as fussed as Zurg was, here meaning not at all. Sometimes it was fun to just try and get the other's goat! Kev pulled his poking finger away and tilted his head to the side slightly as Zurg suggested he get some sort of...device. The gears turned in his head and it was quiet for a few moments before Kev asked "...What's a TTY device?" Some sort of fancy telephone? Zurg seemed to have a point, though. A very...paranoid point, but perhaps a good one. Especially with Kev's pension for falling into trouble. The alien groaned and slapped at the other's chest lamely. "Fine, fine, I'll get a TTYJKLMNOP device!" And what was this about not feeling comfortable about releasing his thoughts out into the wilderness? Again, the alien tilted his head at Zurg quizzically. "No I don't."

Kev shrugged. "I don't exactly hunt, why not? Is it a bad time for hunting?" It was mostly a suggestion as for what Nym may have been doing, for all he knew Nym was actually meeting up with some secret girlfriend and planning to elope. You just never know sometimes! The larger alien urged him to be 'careful', though he did finally admit to being a worrywort! The scaly alien gave him a smug squint. "Already did~! He's on his way now!" There he was now! The digimon bounded through the bushes like a majestic horse and came to a stop right in front of them. "Good morning Nym~! Its nice to see you too!" Kev let Zurg do the petting and stroking, it was quite adorable! Even moreso since Nym was bigger or as big as Zurg was. Kev stayed quiet and let Zurg grab his gift, unveiling it do reveal...a cake! What a surprise! Oh wait, he already knew Nym was getting a cake. Either way, Kev put both hands on the side of his head and let out a dramatic gasp. Tulsit, that was a pretty big cake too! Looked like a cookie! "You really outdid yourself!"

Kev couldn't hold back a chuckle as Zurg took out a giant candle and lit it, commanding their son to make a wish before he blew it out. Zurg came back over to Kev and wrapped an arm around him, the leaner alien snickering a little before looking at him with some degree of surprise. From all of them? Even though Kev hadn't really done anything to help make this cake? In the end the alien shrugged to himself and leaned against the other alien before facing the digimon. "I know its not really a party or anything, but happy aging day all the same, Nymby-Pimby.~"

Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:46 pm

Nym hadn't developed a taste of coyotes--he merely scared them away with his size and howls, but he certainly enjoyed the taste of rabbit! Also squirrel. Someone had to stop the squirrels...

Though his tail wasn't fluffy or thick, it still made a swishing noise as it wagged with each petting Zurg did. A happy growl escaped him, as well. After his greeting, Zurg placed a large item near his paws, and he looked down with anticipation, though it was hard to tell at times as his face wasn't as expressive. But it certainly did light up when it was revealed to be a giant cookie cake underneath the box. A growl emitted from not his throat, but his stomach, and his tail flicked around as he tried to contain his excitement, cause boy, did he love junk food! "It looks delicious, Zurg. I thank you," he said in a calm voice, then gently headbutting Zurg's head.

Before eating it, he was told to make a wish, and that the cake was a gift from everyone he knew; Aya, Kev, Zurg and everyone else he knew as a friend. It was heartwarming to say the least, and he felt a sense of euphoria from it. Though he may change quite a lot in his life here, he was always happy to know he had family. "I do not require a party, Kev. This is more than enough. I merely wish Aya could've come, but I will try and see her later today or tomorrow. I know how busy she can be." Nym nodded and looked at the cake.

A wish, hm?

He wished for a lot of things, mostly things that improved himself. But a wish that was given to him by his loving family and friends... it should not be wasted on something so selfish! No, he thought deeply for a minute, breathing slowly and allowing himself to finish his wish before he nodded, happy with what he had wished for, and then OM NOM NOM NOM! Though he wanted to share the cake with Kev, he knew he couldn't, and Zurg most likely had put sugar in it, thus he could not have any. A shame, because the Digimon had eaten it in only a few bites, but each were slow enough for him to savor it.

Nothing was left except a few crumbs and the Digimon's mouth was covered in chocolate goodness and icing. "Mm! Delicious! You make the best baked goods I've ever had." Even better than Hostess! Nym licked the plate clean, along with his mouth, before walking over to the two and butting his head against their own, and giving them a small lick. A small one, as he didn't want to get anything gross on them. "Thank you. It's been a strange but wondrous year for me. You all have taught me many things, and I hope to keep learning..." A small whine escaped him, but he held it back. Emotions... so strange and hard to understand at times!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:25 am

"That's hardly a difference at ALL!" Zurg practically bellowed. Thinking to get into a shouting match with the EX-Evil Emperor, Kev? Protip: you can't. No one can glare literal daggers of death like he can, either~! Prodding him in the chest only stoked the fires of heated passion. A passion, mind you, to pile drive his friend straight into the earth. See his body tensing? Yes, that would be a cue to stop with the pokey. STOP WITH THE POKEY. "And you wouldn't be in constant mortal danger if you lived closer to the city and armed yourself. For cosmo's sake, Kev; just because I come knocking early doesn't mean I'm here to relay bad news. If I wanted to relay bad news, well..." The monarch shrugged and finished, "I'd probably not arrive on the hoverbike, just saying." Maybe he'd take a ship, or something. A thirty minute journey into the Heartlands wasn't fast at all.

Kev wrote:"...What's a TTY device?"

The epitome of technological prowess, ladies and gentlemen.

Zurg resisted the urge to smack a palm upon his forehead. He'll instead just have to settle for a twitching eye. "TTY," he began slowly, inner boiler reaching its maximum threshold, "stands for text telephone. It allows for someone who cannot use a regular telephone, such as the deaf or mute, to type upon the device and convey their message. So, you see, Kev... You could listen and type a response for the other party to read, thereby making things easier." The monarch would have suggested a cellular device, but coverage was more than likely spotty out here. And what does he mean, he doesn't know why!?

"You're not the only psychic-whatchamacallit!" How could someone so light and bubbly be so incredibly dense? Zurg snorted and figured he would have to, yet again, draw things out. "Look, I'm just saying that I don't want unwanted eavesdroppers invading my privacy. I'm a stickler about that, you know." Now did Kev understand where the monarch was going with this?

And no, it wasn't a bad time for hunting. It was just... well, early!

Ignoring the source of his rising blood pressure for the time being, Zurg happily clapped his hands together and was immensely pleased. Aw, baby's first aging day cake and he had already lapped it up. "I feel so proud, sniff." Yes, he really did just say 'sniff'. Nym's headbutt was returned with a facial hug, along with a few loving scratchies beneath his chin. "You're very welcome, Nym. And while Aya is no doubt busy running her shop and being an industrious woman, she is with us here in spirit." Who knows? Maybe the seamstress will do something of her own accord with Nym later this week? "Visiting her is a great idea, Nym. Be sure to say hello for me, hm?" And good, the pup had made his wish! Zurg could only hope that it was one worthwhile.

Cake bits went flying everywhere as Nym ate, but the monarch did not mind. This cake was meant to be devoured, to be enjoyed! And Kev, Zurg only included your sorry bruuka because there were technically three guardians; only one had actually gotten around to doing anything for their "son" on his aging day.

YOU WANT THE BITTER TRUTH OR THE SWEET CONSIDERATION?

Hungry Boy wrote:"Mm! Delicious! You make the best baked goods I've ever had."

"'D'aw, you're just sayin' that..." the monarch blushed. But no, it was true. Hardly anyone (aside from Minion or Lawrence) could out-bake Zurg. He was just a master with his fingers. "He doesn't need a party - he's got us!" Which was far better than a noisy shindig with blackjack and hookers, no? Nym's headbutt was received with more loving scratchies, the three of them enjoying a private moment together. A Kodak moment, as some Earthen would say! "You'll keep learning," Zurg agreed. "If there's one thing Portal Breach is good at, it's the harsh lesson of either you learn or you... well, fade. That's just how it seems to be. Fret not, Nym. You'll find your way in life and go about life's journey on your own terms." And that's how it ought to be.

If only some others had learned their lessons sooner and spared the rest from dissipating into nothingness...

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Whoa, this went from joking to serious very fast. Kev held up both hands in a nonthreatening position, eyes wide and blinking at the taller alien. "Whoa, whoa, Zurg...I was joking with you. I thought we were pulling each other's chains! If I went too far, I'm sorry." The lean alien held his metaphorical tongue when the other insisted he'd be safer if he didn't live out here. Though the city was closer, there were very few situations where living out here had lead to him being in such danger. "Zurg...I am armed. I can protect myself. You don't have to worry. Not about me." Kev got into trouble sometimes but danger was usually thrust upon him or due to his own decisions. Or bad luck. This was precisely why he had to get stronger with Judge Fear, so that Zurg didn't have to worry like this. So that no one had to worry for his sake. A shame that aligning himself with the man seemed to make people worry regardless...this was a 'sort of' argument that he was going to lose, so he merely nodded his head to Zurg.

So TTY stood for text telephone? Where was the 'Y'? Kev decided not to ask out loud. "That's an interesting device. I might look into it." Kev could certainly read. Could type out words. It was a win-win. And if it would keep Zurg from worrying... "Consider it bought, Zurg." Now what was this about not being the only psychic whatchamacallit? "Oooh...gotcha." Unfortunately, he wouldn't put it past the Judge to go a snooping in Zurg's mind if he picked up on Zurg trying to talk to Kev. The Judge didn't see it as rude, and couldn't quite control it sometimes. Which didn't really give Zurg much in the way of comfort.

Nym and Zurg were both quick to insist that there was no party needed and Kev shrugged. "I dunno, I always thought your first birthday would be full of balloons, and cake, and party hats...games to play. All of us together in one place. Like Thanksgiving!" The cake was gobbled up rather fast, the digimon now coming over to his fathers and butting their heads with his and giving them some licks. Kev bumped his head against him back and trilled contently. Nym had changed so much in just a year...he was practically an adult. It was so strange. And yet... "I'm proud of you, Nym. If the next year is anything like this past one, I think you're going to grow up great." Constantly learning. Constantly changing. "Maybe we could have a proper party next--"

--Something fell from the sky. Bright and foreboding. It fell, and it landed with a sonic boom. A cloud of debris kicked up and spread out on the wind. It expanded past the city. To everything. The bustling city was reduced to a crater, no sign of life. No red haired vampire, no purple alien with his lovely house and beautiful yet odd family. No sign of life for many years and when the life resurfaced, it would not be his friends who returned. They would be gone, and an empty world would be left in their midst--

Judge Fear's plans cropped back up into Kev's skull, reminding him of their future. The alien went silent for a moment, eyes scanning the ground as he took in this sobering realization. If Judge Fear succeeded...Nym may not get to have a second birthday. He could lose two parents in one fell swoop...assuming of course that he didn't die as well. The reminder made him feel shaky and weak, but he looked back up to the two of them with an eagerness in his eyes. "On second thought, maybe the four of us can get together sometime and celebrate his birthday together. We could even just do it in the Sanctuary or something, but why wait until next year? Parties don't always have to happen on the exact birthday after all. Its been a while since we've all been together after all."

Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:16 pm

"I will definitely mention you, Zurg," Nym promised as he licked his lips a bit more to clean himself of the cake. It was gone, and though the two aliens had been discussing something while he was eating, he didn't let it sink in too much. What would he do with something relating to technology? He didn't even have thumbs! As for a party, Nym didn't mind the idea, but he'd much rather have a quiet get together much like this. It felt more homey and comforting than having many people around and giving him gifts he probably couldn't even use. That would be quite rude, too. Nym nodded also as Zurg mentioned learning, and yes... Nym would be learning a lot. The ups and downs of life and consequences, who you can truly trust and those you can't and the bittersweet feeling of inevitable death.

But let's not make this a macabre moment.
    "I don't like balloons..." Nym admitted, "mainly because of the popping noise. It's so loud and alarming, it hurts my ears." With Kev stating he was proud, the Digimon sat up a little straighter and looked prideful, but he took note of Kev's sudden cut-off. Had he thought of something? The Digimon looked at him, eyes gleaming as if trying to read his mind and failing (obviously), until Kev spoke once more, regarding how parties and celebrations like this didn't have to be just once a year. This was true, he'd enjoy more cake, as well. "I'd like that, Kev. Thank you, both of you, for taking care of me and making sure I'm doing well. You are great parents and guardians."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:08 pm

It's true; Zurg's temper, while now easier to manage, was still downright terrifying. He thankfully cooled his jets and released a breath of stale air - the taller alien's way of alleviating tension. "Yes, yes," he grumbled. "I suppose we are pulling each other's chains. Just don't pull mine too harshly." Zurg liked you, Kev. He really did, but see this here personal chain? Yes, it was just a wee bit sensitive every now and then. In any event, Kev said he could take care of himself, despite the monarch's insisting otherwise, and the potentially sore topic was quietly dropped. No sense in offending your friends, right? Right! And good. That undead corpse had better not be creeping nearby and eavesdropping where he shouldn't. Zurg's got an ion cannon with the fool's name written all over it! Just... back at the house.

"I'm not a big fan of balloons, either. They're just inflated sacs of gas and rupture with the most awful of sounds." No, can't say Zurg was very much into parties. Balloons, a constant hovering of people, sugary treats he could not enjoy... Just wasn't his cup of tea. He was glad to hear that Nym was of the same opinion. "Smaller parties like this always struck me as more... personal," the alien agreed. It was a shame that only two of the three guardians had managed to make it, but at least the Digimon wouldn't be having his first birthday alone!

Last year's Thanksgiving party was somewhat modest in size, although the monarch wasn't entirely sure if he wished to keep having them. All the cooking, the cleaning, the wearing of fancy suits and overheating; yes, it had been rather stressful!  

It still wasn't like a full-sized birthday party, though...

Kev wrote:"Maybe we could have a proper party next--"

Hmm?

Without any word or warning, Kev immediately cut himself off and appeared distant - as if his gaze had been forcefully pulled to the earth. Had something... happened? For a moment Zurg glanced around and wondered if it was something nearby, or if he had misspoke and said something insensitive. It wouldn't be the first time... However, it was none of these things and soon Kev looked back up with a glimmering fire in those big ol' owl eyes of his. Though it was not so easily seen, the monarch's brow was raised ever so slightly. "You are very welcome, Nym." The mystery will have to wait, and Zurg refocused his attention back upon the growing digital monster. "As for having yet another birthday party when it isn't his birthday...? I dunno, that sounds awfully taboo. Ruins of the entire purpose of having birthday parties, doesn't it?" Strange. Why was Kev so eager to keep having parties? "We can have other celebratory occasions, however. I certainly don't mind picking holidays out of the calendar and spending additional time together." Maybe not another Thanksgiving so soon... He felt as if the first one was still going!

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:55 pm

"I didn't mean to pull it harshly. I only meant for a small tug! Perhaps a slight pull. But mostly a gentle tug. In any case, I'll be more sensitive to your chain next time." The alien promised, happy that the subject had been dropped. Though he had a feeling that it may not be the last time he'd have this conversation with Zurg. The larger alien had expressed a few concerns and some advice before on living so far away from the city, and what had just happened a moment ago seemed like worries bubbling to a boil. Worries that the smaller alien wished his friend didn't have to have.

So Nym and Zurg both didn't like balloons? "I guess I understand not liking them because they pop, but before they pop they're rather nice! Though I've had people rub them on my scales in the past, to make them stick there. That can feel strange, but otherwise I like balloons." Zurg of course, was just plain unimpressed with them. "Bigger parties can still be personal!~" The alien protested jokingly, though out of all of Nym's guardians he was the most extroverted, so of course he'd think a big party could be personal. As long as it involved people he liked he'd find it personal enough. Zurg was quite a bit more private though, as was Aya. Perhaps something smaller would be better.

Kev's pause was noticed by both the larger alien and the digimon. Which was pretty easy, seeing how Kev cut himself off in the middle of a sentence and grew quiet. Inwardly, the alien berated himself, taking in Nym's gleaming, wondering eyes and Zurg's more mysterious yet no doubt still very wondering face. Good job acting suspicious, Kev! Act normal, act normal! "I love you guys!" He blurted out, with all of the poise and grace of a beached walrus. Nym thought the idea of another birthday party sounded nice, and proceeded to thank them, the alien wrapping his arms around the digimon and nuzzling into his neck. "Its a pleasure just to be here and get the chance to raise you, Nym!" Zurg though...did have a point, the alien pulling away from Nym to rub the back of his own neck.

"That's true, if we have too many birthday parties it ruins the significance of it and stuff..." They didn't realize how much time they may all have together. They didn't realize what could happen. Perhaps they could realize if Kev told them, but what then? What then? How would they react, knowing Kev was just sitting on this information and doing nothing to stop it, in fact, was going to help make it happen? Judge Fear's trust would be broken, and the corpse didn't seem like the type to trust easily in the first place. They had a strange, slightly rocky relationship but he still considered him a friend. A compromise though, that would be good enough for now. That awful future wasn't exactly guaranteed after all! Even if it had a tendency to linger in his dreams... "Y-yeah, there's a lot of holidays coming up in the next few months! We can get together for those like we did last year. Maybe I can help you out in the kitchen, Zurg! I'm a great cook." He gently nudged the other alien with his elbow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:04 am