Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Just Until I Get Back On My Feet

Post by Shaiamils on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:00 pm

DATE: AUGUST 23RD, 2014
    TIME: APPROX. 8:00 PM

After a nice night out at the Moonshine Tavern, Shaiamils decided that it was about time for him to go check out the Stock Pot Inn that he'd heard so much about. If everyone really was serious about this place offering free lodging, that would be fantastic. It would give him a place to stay until he got back on his feet. You know, getting a new job, buying his own place, those kinds of things. Though the alcohol did help in calming his nerves a bit, he still couldn't help but wonder how he would be accepted as a doctor when he had no real proof that he ever was one. He might never be able to become a doctor in this place. The alien guessed that he'd just have to find a job scrubbing toilets somewhere if  that were to be the case.

Oh well. Without further ado he entered the inn. Hopefully it wasn't too late to book a room. No-one appeared to be at the front desk at the moment, but the avian did spy a service bell. He rang it and waited, standing in place and tapping his feet. Hopefully it would attract the attention of the staff.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Just Until I Get Back On My Feet

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:09 pm

Surely you cannot expect this (very food loving) innkeeper to possibly be that the front desk at this time of the night when dinner was being, or just had been, served? Right? Actually, he was here indeed. Only for a second though. Turns out, Link had forgotten to pick up bananas from the store earlier and a banana split dessert was not the same when one of the core ingredients wasn’t present. So here the innkeeper was, nipping down to pinch a bunch of the yellow fruit from the inn’s kitchen.

Armed with the bananas, Link was tapping his foot and waiting for the elevator to arrive when he heard the ‘Ping!’ from the front desk. He could just leave it to whoever was manning the office right now, but his curiosity was piqued. He peeked around the corner from the elevators to see who needed assistance.

… A bird?

Interesting!

The boy left the elevator area and headed to the lobby area. At the same time, the door behind the desk opened and a member of staff poked their head out. Link waved at them and nodded. It’s fine, he got this one, his actions said. Then he turned and gave the bird person a big smile, set the bananas on the desk and brought out his writing tablet. “Hello. Welcome to the Stock Pot Inn. I’m Link, the innkeeper. How can I help you?”

He turned the tablet round for the message to be read.
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Shaiamils on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:59 am

Shaiamils was surprised, as well as impressed. This was the innkeeper? He seemed to be rather young to be running a business, but judging by the look of things, he was running the place really well. Anyways, back to the matter at hand. He did summon him, and he didn't want to keep him waiting.

"Yes, I'm here to inquire about a room. I just landed in Portal City earlier today and heard that the lodging here is free. If that's so, I'd like to board up here if there's space available. I don't care what floor my room is on," the avian explained.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Aa, another newcomer. Very well.

Link smiled, nodded and made his way around the reception desk until he was positioned behind it.  He unlocked the drawer which contained the room cardkeys and then stared at the opened drawer with a small furrow. Hmm, any floor is fine? Really? If he remembered correctly, those of his tenants who have the ability to fly always tend to go for the floors on the upper levels. Perhaps this winged person would be the same too.

There was a pickle though. You see, when presented with such an opportunity where he got to pick which floor to place his new tenant, Link rather liked the idea of placing them on a floor was a little less populated that the rest, simply because he liked the balance that presented. And the fourth floor was one of their most popular floors so that was hardly Link’s choice if he was to pick for his tenant. To summarise, higher up floors and less populated area….that would be….

With a satisfied grin, Link plucked a cardkey out from the third floor section, then placed a form for the bird-person to sign.

Room: 348
    Date:August 23rd, 2014
    Name: _____________
    Signed: _____________
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Shaiamils on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:21 am

Shaiamils inspected the paper before him, as well as what will be his cardkey. Looks like all he had to get the room was sign for it. Room 348, huh? If this place had a layout like the inns and hotels of his home world, it could only be assumed that his room would be on the third floor.

"I'm guessing that's on the third floor, right? I'll take it."

With that, the alien grabbed a pen from the cup on the table and signed the form.

Room: 348
    Date: August 23rd, 2014
    Name: Shaiamils
    Signed: Shaiamils

He placed the pen back in the cup and passed back the form, tucking the cardkey into one of his pockets.

"I can't thank you enough for this. New world, new faces... Never would I have dreamed that I would get a place for free, and on my first night here no less."

((Sorry for the late reply! I've got plot stuffs going, and I only just noticed that this had a reply.))
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:04 pm

((No worries! Take your time!))

Link nodded as his new tenant in front of him noted it was on third floor. Pleased that the bird-person did not mind Link’s choice of floor and room for him, the innkeeper accepted the form back, tucking it into a drawer and locking it, determined to process the rest of it tomorrow morning with the rest of the inn’s paperwork.

“You’re welcome,” he wrote. “Many people arrive here without planning beforehand so it’s rather unfair to expect them to have the credits for lodging. What would be the point of the deity of this world in saving them from their world only to have them die here?”

Well, unless it was a disturbing game the deity was playing, in which case, Link was very thankful they had Portal X and not somebody with a crueler mind. To this day, he still wondered how Portal X pick who to save in each world. Was it entirely random or did they have to meet certain criteria? Should he feel lucky that he was picked or should he feel guilty that he had taken the place of somebody who could have been a better choice? Sadly, it was a question that he would never ask anybody since he knew that whatever answer was given, it wouldn’t be pleasant.

“The eating area is still serving dinner if you’re hungry. Just show them your cardkey and you can get your free meals.” Speaking of meals… “Is there anything else I can help with?” Because there was banana split to get back to making...

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:16 am