Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

A Little More Than an Upgrade

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:15 pm

Time: 2:00 PM
    Date: August 5th, 0005

All too often it had occurred to him, whether it was on duty with Judges Fear and Mortis or waiting for some menial task to be done while he sat outside. It of course was the ever growing fact that his form, while quite adaptable in many environments was all too...lacking. How could it be that with all his weaponry, his abilities and system functions, the sheer power at which he could deduce the minute makeup of a single substance with a single scan, that he could be found inadequate? Immediately the AI crossed that word from his electronic thoughts, along with the ever rising notion of inferiority. All throughout his databanks was a similar phrase that repeated itself over and over, from the two Judges especially.

Judge Fear wrote:"Ssstay outssside and keep watch while we purge thisss facility."

Judge Mortis wrote:"Breaking in through the wall would caussse unnecesssary attention."

Subtle wrote:"KARR, your abilitiesss would be rendered impractical inssside thisss building. Wait here and keep watch."

Of course he could not deny what they meant, regardless of subtlety on Fear's part and the not so subtelty on Mortis'. All of his analysis pointed to one single fact; he was too big. At least in this form anyway. However, the AI could not help but find some form of irony in this admittedly painful realization. KARR, the Knight Automated Roving Robot, had been humbled by the interior square footage of human dwellings, structures that he could easily topple with a single missile, a well placed laser strike, or even through overriding the appliances. Imagine, overloading the power to the point of explosion while gas was being pumped within the structure? Turning a simple, quaint house into a death trap of appliances electronic and non while the occupants were still inside.

The Judges, however, thought otherwise of his tactics. Their more hands on approach, as much as he loathed to admit it, was going to force him to change. Though many may not realize it, KARR actually was quite fond his current form, proud of being a one of a kind machine that not even alien technology like Knockout could touch. That did not mean the AI was not aware there were other vehicles or forms that could better suit him than this modified Trans-Am, but to think of switching it out for something more adaptable to a human structure just sounded degrading in a way. Catering to the soft, squishy creatures that created him and all at once turned and abandoned him within the same year of activation. It was enough to turn his circuitry into a knot.

For all of his pride, KARR unfortunately had to swallow it. Hard. In the time that Mortis and Fear had been gone, the AI had taken to visiting the library and downloading files from its database on the topic of robotics, more precisely their designs across various functions. It was enlightening to be sure, and he wasted no time in taking certain designs he found useful and storing them away for one of his own. Unlike a human that would continually design and scrap useless ideas, the AI looked at the achievements and failures and improved upon them to create a single flawless draft.

Or at least flawless to his own optics.

All that he required now was a skilled person to create it. Cruising down a particularly familiar street of the business district, KARR cut over to the lane closest to his destination with a honk and disgruntled yell from the traffic behind him. Regardless of where he was going, he had not a care for others on the road when he could maneuver around them with reflexes only a computer could muster. Pulling into the driveway of Jo's Chop Shop, he pulled around next to the side doors and put his functions to work. Within his darkened cockpit, the AI made use of his Auto Phone and called up the interior.

Ring Ring~!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A Little More Than an Upgrade

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 pm

"C'mon, c'mon... Be 2:00 already!"

Today had been nothing but boring; which wasn't a bad thing, necessarily. Still! Boring was boring and Jo could only busy her hands with broken appliances and ordinary mechanisms for so long. All the mechanic wanted to do was go home, completely strip, and sit naked on the couch while eating the most unhealthy thing in the house she could find. Hey, after a month without junk food or sugary treats she deserved a lil' self-appreciation of the female figure gorging itself on a tub of ice cream. It's not easy living with a dicta - ding, ding! "Hot rockets, it's time to go home!"

Jo got off her seat with an energetic jolt, the woman running between rooms in order to collect a few of her things. Let's see... lunchbox, jacket, uh... oh, oh! Can't forget her wallet. She stuffed all of these things either into her pockets or beneath an arm, Jo juggling everything at once as she rushed up the basement stairs. "I'm gonna throw off my boots, kiss the cats, and absolutely demand that we have takeout for dinner."

Yes siree, today was going to be a beautiful day. Now, all she had to do was reach for the doorknob and -

Ring, ring! Ring, ring!

"REALLY!?"
    Irritated and loud boots clomped right back to the store's counter, a grumbling Jo not believing her luck. "Figures," she remarked unhappily, setting her various things aside. "I get three inches from the door - three - and the crater-flippin' phone rings. This better be important..." Well, only one way to find out. Jo drew a fresh breath and picked up, sounding fairly cordial. "Hello, thank you for calling Jo's Chop Shop and Robot Repair! This is Jo speaking, how may I help you?" Please don't say you needed repairs...
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:27 am

Bad time? wrote:
    "REALLY!?"

Well that certainly sounded like the Head Mechanic was not exactly thrilled to be called. Just inches from the door, KARR had been lucky to catch her in time before she left. From the grumbling his audio receptors picked up from inside, she did not exactly sound like she would be humoring any trivial requests this afternoon. A good thing that the AI's interest was nothing trivial or uninteresting enough to be put off until the Technician took her place at the register.

At the click of the phone being picked up and the sound of Jo's familiar voice at the other end, KARR dampened his audio receptors to prevent an echo between the phone and the sounds inside the shop. The lag between the two was enough to become annoying after a while. "Good afternoon, Jo." A familiar deep gravel greeted pleasantly over the line. "I see you are on your way out, hopefully it is not a bad time if I wish to discuss business with you? It is not another maintenance appointment, you and Zurg's work was stellar as always. You see, I have an idea that I wish to share with you regarding a second body." He stated, the last parts sounding a little distracted as the AI quickly found the file regarding this very topic. Afterwards, the computer regained his usual pleasant tone and continued on. "Since you were on your way out to begin with, perhaps we could discuss this outside? I'm parked in the driveway next to the workshop." Came his polite offer.

Should Jo look outside she would see a familiar glossy two-toned paint job idling patiently on the pavement next to the workshop area's doors. Don't worry about the corpse smell of his interior, rolling down the windows and letting air through would get most of the stink out... Along with a few air fresheners hung about strategic places within the interior.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:21 pm

Well, at least it wasn't for repairs...

Admittedly, Jo was a little surprised to hear K.A.R.R.'s voice on the other end of the line; tone and body language were diligently monitored as a result. "Oh hey, uh, K.A.R.R.! Yeah, I was just on my way home because my shift's over, but it's no biggie." The mechanic did want to go home and strip, yet the thought of working on something major brought a twinkle to her eyes. "Ooh... looking to get into places you otherwise wouldn't, huh?" she remarked. It must be tough roaming around the Breach as a terrain-based vehicle. Very limiting, Jo imagined. "I'll be outside in a moment, just lemme hang up and close the shop. Be right there!" Click! And, true to her word, the mechanic hardly took more than two minutes before she came walking up to K.A.R.R.'s two-toned side. About that corpse smell, though...

"Still lugging around that rotten guy, I see..." Jo couldn't help but notice, the woman fanning the air around her while cringing. "Whoo, that's ripe! No offense to you, K.A.R.R., but you're gonna need some major cleaning to get rid of something like that. I don't know how you can stand it." If at all. Anyway... "So, what's this about a second body?"
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:08 pm

The moment Jo had realized it was the AI speaking, he could not help but notice her prior demeanor drop entirely. Of course, it was to be expected given she was running a business, even her posture and actions had adapted upon noting that he could see her through the walls of the shop. However, even though the mechanic had placed a professional front when speaking to KARR, he could still notice an increasing excitement upon her hearing she may be working on something other than repairs, something to truly give justice to her prowess.

Just the reason why he visited the shop in the first place.

"Yes, you could say that." He replied. He could technically get into a building without the use of a secondary body, but at this point it was more impractical to the Judge's motives. Not to mention being able to pick up things under his own power would be a welcome change, he grudgingly decided. With Jo's agreement to come outside after she closed up the shop, KARR gave a simple "Very well," before hanging up on his end.

A few minutes later Jo walked out and approached him, wasting no time in commenting about the smell that long ago had become commonplace in his interior. "It is unavoidable. However Judge fear has taken considerate measures to acquire air fresheners for my interior, although it is apparent they do little." He replied, clicking open the driver's side door for the mechanic to take a seat. "Even with his and the cultists work in keeping my interior clean, the smell I believe may have more to do with his aura than anything regarding a corpse. Some method of supernatural phenomena as he describes it." She should see the days when the cultists had to rid the floor mats of mist. Not to mention the fact that KARR held little need to operate the air conditioner anymore, the entire cabin retained a frigid chill that while repulsing and uncomfortable to any living occupants, he found it did wonders in keeping his systems operating at optimal capacity. It could only be wondered at what phenomena could occur next from the Dark Judge's influence.

Back to business at hand, KARR activated the CRT monitors. The screens flicking on, soon a blueprint of the body in question was shown in blue against a black background on one of the monitors while the second remained blank. "I have been working on this design for use in accessing as you have said 'places I otherwise wouldn't'. Of course, it is designed to retain my scanning and computational abilities, along with a few of my offensive and defensive systems." He explained, the second CRT flickering to show different schematics of various parts, along with short but precise written details alongside each zoom in. "Of course, this is hardly as sophisticated as my own body is currently, but I am working on a bit of a budget." He explained before continuing. "The body will be able to alternate between a bipedual stance and a quadrupedal one, and have the ability of fine motor control in the servos for manipulating objects along with sensors for heat and pressure. A few of the optics upon my body will retain scanning abilities, the rest with be used in relation to a stealth function that I would like integrated into the paneling." For the body not being very sophisticated, it certainly was not going to be useless or vulnerable by any means. Given that his current armor would likely be too costly to manufacture until later on, he had to go with something more common. "The outer paneling is going to be a lightweight composite, nanoceramics between glass reinforced with plastic and rolled steel. The instructions for crafting the panels and shaping them are on the file. As for my defensive and offensive functions, I have chosen my flamethrower, laser and tear gas, along with the hardware required for my ignition sensors and pilot override. The compact missiles would not be able to fit in the chassis and be able to be fired." He explained, the second monitor flickering to a disassembled view of the chest cavity.

At least not yet. Later on he would gladly redesign a few aspects in order to better suit all of his functions and maybe add a few new ones. "Overall I have estimated the final product to stand at three meters in length. If you wish I can send the file regarding construction requirements to your computer for viewing and reference or I can print it out." He offered, any question the Head Mechanic may have can be answered there, unless there was something more that could not be answered by schematic and instruction alone. "How much would this cost to build, Jo?" He asked, retaining his polite tone. The time it would take to build, he knew quite well would take a long while with the plating alone to begin with, alongside manufacturing the other more intricate parts for the body.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Did the vehicle just say cultists...?

Cue the eyebrow raise, because Jo wasn't so certain she liked where this was going. "So, uh, your driver is... a lich," she commented slowly. Well! That was... er, mildly discomforting to know. The mechanic wasn't very keen on the supernatural and crap like that, but she had played a metric butt-ton of video games to fill in the gaps. Liches were downright bitches. And they usually weren't very polite to the living, instead hellbent on either dominating the world or just eradicating those they deemed useless. They also had a bad habit of being necromancers. Guess where the Judge fit in? "...Um, so about your driver." Oh boy, and now K.A.R.R. was inviting her into his cockpit for a seat. Jo didn't immediately accept the offer and instead replied, "Sorry, but my companion has a great sense of smell. If I sit in there and come home smelling like the paranormal dead, he'll make me eat all my spinach." Big Z's loving way of dishing out punishment. Clearing her throat, she inched a little closer and opted to lean forward with both hands resting upon her knees. Hey, at least this way Jo could still see the CRT monitors.

"Never mind, we'll discuss your driver's philanthropy later. Go ahead and show me your blueprints." And what blueprints they were, too. Turns out K.A.R.R. had thought of all the bells and whistles; if she was reading this right (which she was), then the automobile wasn't just looking for a second body. The computer was looking for a - "Lemme guess, you're not equipping all this high-end weaponry and sensory system in order to deliver cookies," Jo said dryly. He was looking for a mobilized weapon, just like his current but more inconvenient form. Oi, she just can't get a break from these kinds of commissions!

Well shit, what is she supposed to say?

The mechanic took a step back and stood up, one of her gloved hands scratching the back of her head. It wasn't so much a gesture of puzzlement as it was buying time for an answer. "Uh-huh, ignition sensors and pilot override..." That was a fancy way to say sabotage. Terrific, just terrific. Alright, let's think about this.

On the one glove, Jo could refuse K.A.R.R.'s request and send him wheeling off. Relations may sour and the death machine might look to get even one day, but Jo would be able to sleep better knowing she didn't have a direct hand in Portal Breach's bloody future. But on the other glove, she would know K.A.R.R.'s new design intimately and, possibly, of ways to circumvent a portion of its lethality. An elaborate kill switch, perhaps knowledge of which circuits to short and of what wires to cut... Things of that diabolical nature. Of course, doing all that would no doubt get K.A.R.R. really worked up; machines of higher intelligence never took kindly to betrayal. And if the vehicle got its undercarriage in a bind, she could only imagine what his damn driver would do... Even if she did refuse, K.A.R.R. would only go elsewhere and find someone less ethical.

Sigh...

"First off, a printout of all this would be dandy. Secondly, it's going to cost a lot. All the specifications you want in this chassis don't come cheap. It's also going to take a while, since this isn't the average watch repair job." Now, Jo wasn't about to betray her morals for a customer - even a gentleman on wheels. She did run a business, however, and that required running it smartly. "Alright, back to your driver. One would have to be a complete idiot to think he's any good news. Craters, just looking at him gets all the church bells ringing." And Jo wasn't a big fan of funerals, thank you. "I'm not stupid and I know you know that, K.A.R.R. If I honour your request and make you this body, whatever consequences happen as a result fall upon those metal shoulders and your driver's. Just want to make that crystallic fusion crystal clear." Which was a real shame, because the vehicle was such a dapper regular. Ten unibucks say that the citizens of Portal Breach won't see it that way when both K.A.R.R. and his driver put the whole world into peril, however.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Oops, said too much did he? Well, if it was not from his vocalizer, the mechanic would have heard it from another. The farm lately was beginning to draw more visitors than repel them. Though he had to admit not many aside from the mailman and newspaper came to visit after he dealt with that odd intruder that fateful July night. Not that he minded, the quiet was well appreciated. The change in demeanor from the mechanic however made the AI wonder if perhaps he had said the wrong thing. He would need to remind himself that she was more of a helpful acquaintance than an ally like Judge Fear. "A lich? I would not describe him as such, but admittedly he shares some characteristics, the smell and emaciated appearance for one." He replied thoughtfully, before adding "However, the cultists are more self proclaimed than anything genuine. I have witnessed their attempts at the supernatural and they flounder more than accomplish anything so I use the term loosely. I would call them more eccentric friends than anything to truly worry about." Ah honest if not matter-of-fact statement. Truly their work was nothing to shiver over, they could hardly raise a dead body much less make themselves useful outside of a few rudimentary chores. Sweeping the porch and getting the mail was not what he or any human would consider ominous or threatening by any means.

That still did make Jo anymore willing to sit in his driver's seat however. The woman kneeling next to his opened door and looking inside at the monitors, the AI understood that she would rather sit outside, even if he was still skeptical about it being due to the smell alone. Ever since Fear and Mortis had been driving around in him, his seats tended to harbor an odd feeling of malaise and unease or so was described given what Fear had said regarding their auras. Perfect for keeping unwanted parties out of him, but not so great for when he wished to entertain a guest in comfort and security.

As for Jo's dry quip regarding his offensive abilities, KARR replied, "Our home is stationed outside of the city, unfortunately it sometimes attracts large unwanted wildlife and other unsavory visitors. I tend to be on guard duty moreso than Judge Fear due to my abilities." He explained, unfazed by the mechanic's suspicions. Between the both of them Judge Fear looked more likely to get knocked over by a strong gust of wind than scare off bears, burglars or worse. Regardless, those abilities were also on his current body as well, yet there was little qualms or suspicion about placing them back in working order. Perhaps the mechanic was more used to less-threatening robotics than his model, or just did not like the possible truth that inevitably was coming over the horizon. "My creators designed me with self preservation first and foremost, and thus I operate with this in mind. I understand how this all sounds to you, but if I am without these abilities I am also without backup options for self defense should one or another of my systems fail." He stated calmly in low tones in an attempt to quell her growing anxiety. Even if she did not state it directly, human vitals were very easy to read and her stress hormone levels were only rising with every silent moment.

In that fact, it only made the AI wonder if she would try anything while working on the suit. Unlike the attempts Bonnie Barstow had made to sabotage his systems, he could not simply give her a zap and tell her off during the process.

Finally she came to her conclusion, requesting a print out of the blueprints and stating that it would be an expensive, time consuming build. "Do what you must, I do not require it right away." He assured, although her next statement left him slightly puzzled. Oh yes, he understood the moment that he began working with Judge Fear that things were not going to be smooth sailing all the way. Murder and mayhem tended to be things that not many looked lightly upon, but at the same time such brutal methods got the job done rather quickly and effectively. This was not where the AI was puzzled but more the insinuation that Jo would not be willing to work on him anymore after this. Consequences could mean that if he was damaged or if they got into a run in with the other citizens of the gamma. The latter hardly spooked the AI much given the knowledge that he could choose blindfolded between shooting, burning and exploding them and likely still come out in one piece, especially with Judge Fear and Mortis keeping a close, if not possessive, eye on him. "How do you mean by consequences, just to be as clear as you say?" KARR asked slowly, thoughtfully.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:25 pm

The smell and emaciated appearance, for one... Yeah, Jo could think of a lot more similarities than just those.

"So they're complete nincompoops with the occult," the mechanic remarked. Oh boy, oh boy. "That's, uh, a little worse than being the genuine thing, K.A.R.R. You want to know why? Because if they mess up one of their spells or channel the wrong thing, they could potentially summon something far worse than either of us could ever imagine." Hey, she's seen enough movies to know where this is going. "Make my words, buddy. One little mistake in their chanting and boom, they usher forth a demon that loves to consume metal and wiring. You heard it here first." A demon even more terrifying than Prixlezub! At least the demon prince had manners and followed his principles... Anyway, what's this? That ghoulish asshole had a place somewhere and the vehicle guarded it? Huh, would have never guessed. Wonder if it was a citadel for the dead or just some... she didn't know, abandoned graveyard?

Regardless, K.A.R.R. sure knew how to keep a smooth disposition. Even with all of Jo's questions and skeptical nature, the automobile didn't so much as falter in his explanations. How like a machine, right? "There's a difference between self-defense and outright murdering people because it suits your parameters," she evenly replied. And with K.A.R.R.'s driver at the helm of things, pun intended, it wasn't hard to deduce that the latter would become a not-so-distant reality. Hrrm...

Glad you asked, K.A.R.R.! wrote:"How do you mean by consequences, just to be as clear as you say?"

"I mean that you'll both be hunted down, with you crushed into a cube and your driver locked away for a very long time." Not a very happy way to go or to be remembered. As for consequences on her end, though? Jo yet again rubbed the back of her head, the mechanic and businesswoman in her weighing the odds. "Well... I don't really like being associated with murderers," she mumbled. Then again, who was she dating? Exactly. "But, that having been said, I'm not opposed to repairing you - so long as you don't irrevocably mess up and cause the entire Gamma to want you deader than your driver. I like you, K.A.R.R.; you're a swell guy and you're pretty sensible, despite maybe thinking it easier to kill a person than it is to reason with them. Especially the stubborn kind. But if people come after me or my employee, or even those I care for, because of what you and your driver do, I may be hard-pressed to call it quits. You understand what I'm throwin' down?"

Hopefully the vehicle wouldn't feel offended or threatened. Jo was really trying to keep a neutral tone throughout all of this.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:31 am

In layman's terms the mechanic was correct, they were complete nincompoops. However, as she went on regarding the dangers behind being unable to properly induce the occult it was clear how they were capable of bringing about some great mistakes. Despite her warning, the AI did not appear to be very intimidated by the notion. "If such a demon were indeed summoned, they would need to penetrate my paneling. Tri-Helical Plasteele covers all of my frame and suspension and does not break easily, Diamond tipped tools will break against it and the alloy's bearing capacity exceeds that of nearly any amount of psi a compactor could produce. There are only a select few things that can penetrate it, and I doubt this particular demon would be familiar with them if it blindly will eat away at anything metallic and wired." He haughtily disagreed. "In essence, I would be too tough for it to eat. Logically the demon would look to Judge Fear for a meal first or the home's wiring and plumbing." KARR confidently stated soon after. He was not about to disregard the possibility of a demon being summoned, given that his driver was an undead and there were more than a few demons running around here currently. One of which he had even met, although both the experience and the demon in question was quite lackluster compared to what the AI had seen prior.

Not much could top what he had witnessed in the sleepy fishing village, that was for sure.

However, even with his usually unfaltering disposition that only a machine could muster in the face of skepticism, he did manage to take pause when the mechanic noted the difference between self preservation and brutal efficiency. Of course, the AI knew very well there was a difference, but at the same time... "You have a point, Jo. However I have indeed attempted to reason with an intruder, they left for but a few days before returning at night with the intent of breaking and entering. When I have killed, this has not been the case. Therein, an intruder learns more from being killed than they do from peaceful reasoning. He explained calmly. For what purpose was there in reasoning with those who clearly held no interest in listening? Olabisi's fervrent determination in scouting out the farm was more than enough to make the AI wonder about the sanity of those who tended to wander or live in the rolling countryside. Not to mention the sheer amount of cultist activity that apparently was taking place aside from the lot they managed to scrounge from that old barn. "People in this world do not seem to hold the same amount of sense as those from California. In fact, you are one of the closest examples of a relatively sensible person I have seen thus far." He admitted after a short moment of thought.

Given the actions of Jak, Daemeon, Nyreena, Olabisi, Alexander, the cultists... the list went on. However he could not deny there was a simplistic appeal to Judge Fear's doctrine, even if it was a little too generalized for his liking. Yes, the undead Judge had made a point in that the undead could serve as great technicians and mechanics, but after being serviced by Jo and Zurg for so long... Well, it would take some convincing before KARR could agree that the undead were fully capable. Even more to convince the AI that killing the two would be a beneficial thing. They were just too competent and considerate!

The consequences resulting of his new body and the guidelines of his agreement with Fear on the other hand... "It would take quite some force to manage to compact my body. At least the one I am currently housed in. Even then I would need to be captured first." Running, if Jo did not know, was one of the AI's second best abilities. With his fuel economy and high performance build, he could run at top speed for days on end and still have the reflexes to turn on a dime should anything come his way if he did not already manage to destroy it first.

Head Mechanic Jo wrote:"Well... I don't really like being associated with murderers,"

Yet her employee was an ex-evil emperor. However, the AI was wise to keep his vocalizers silent as she went on to state she did not mind repairing him. So long as he did not cause the entire gamma to implode on itself and send its inhabitants running to try and bash in his circuit boards. "There is no need for worry, above all if Judge Fear thinks to pull me into a situation that could be deemed hazardous, I still have the free reign to deny such requests." He assured, after all he was not like that flimsy production line model, bound to the whims and orders of his driver. So far Judge Fear had just been smart enough to not put him into a situation that did not hold some amount of benefit to him. As for leading possible threats to her shop and employees? "Such an action would be counter-intuitive to the point of idiotic. Why would I willingly bring harm to you and your establishment if you are the only ones capable of the skilled work I require?" Came his rhetorical if not bemused answer. To do such a thing would seem like a paradox.

Regardless of Jo's rather odd worries, KARR understood what she meant which brought him to a very clear "Yes. Is there anything else that needs to be discussed before we move on?" His question politely stated.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:43 pm

K.A.R.R., K.A.R.R., K.A.R.R.... Sweet and innocent K.A.R.R.

"Yeeeeah, about being too tough to eat by a metal-loving demon..." Jo's got some news for you, buddy, and it ain't pretty. She leaned a little closer and said, "In case you're not aware, there's already a demon that could bite right through you. I know your MBS plating is some hardcore stuff, but this is a demon that could rip through Cybteronian plating as if it were toilet paper. To put that into perspective for you, imagine your MBS but refined over the course of millions upon millions of years. Maybe even billions." Always a bigger fish, right? But hey, if K.A.R.R. wanted to try his luck against Prixlezub then Jo wasn't going to stop him. She'd of course try and warn him, but he was his own supercomputer. He'd figure it out eventually. Anyway, what's this about an intruder?

Jo couldn't even begin to imagine why someone - anyone - would want to go snooping around K.A.R.R. and his crummy driver. "Normally your argument would be solid, but this is Portal Breach. So you kill an intruder or two... They're just going to come crawling back after their trial down in the Pool of Souls, maybe even with some friends." People here tended to hold grudges. "But I guess some folks do learn their lesson. I mean, it's entirely possible. I've just seen more people be stubborn and repeat past mistakes than swallow their pride and adapt."

And aw, K.A.R.R. gave her a compliment~! At least, she thought it was a compliment...

"I don't know what California is, but I'll take your world for it." And she'll take his word for being a mechanical track star. However... "Well, you were probably very quick and difficult to capture back on Earth, yeah?" she asked, building up to her point. Don't worry, she had one. "Which is all fine and dandy, but this isn't Earth anymore. Remember that demon I mentioned earlier? He can run pretty darn fast, and he's not the only one capable of doing it. There are space ships, for example, that could easily wrangle you in with a grav-tether or high-powered magnet. You wouldn't be able to outrun them even if you tried with all your might." To be elaborate, Jo wasn't trying to be K.A.R.R.'s supervisor or anything like that. She just worked on him and made sure everything was in tip-top shape. Her concern, rather, stemmed from wanting to let the automobile know that he was grossly outmatched compared to other Portal Breach superpowers. Prixlezub, Washu, Lord Ridley, and even Big Z, to name a few. In short, she believed he was partially going in blind.

K.A.R.R. wrote:"There is no need for worry, above all if Judge Fear thinks to pull me into a situation that could be deemed hazardous, I still have the free reign to deny such requests."

A chuckled escaped the mechanic, Jo's lips curling at their corners. "You would deny the living dead?" Of course K.A.R.R. wouldn't be the one trying to destroy her place, but his driver? Yeah, no. "Oh, I'm not insinuating that you are the idiot," Jo winked. In any event, there was little else to discuss. So long as K.A.R.R. knew what he was getting into and it didn't blow up in Jo's face or her companions', she'll see what she could do. "Nope, nothing else to discuss," Jo repeated, slapping her knees before standing upright.

"Just the price, but that can be negotiated at a later date. What about you, K.A.R.R.? Anything else you wish to discuss before we go our separate paths?" Speak now or forever hold your peace!
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:22 am

As Jo leaned a little closer, the AI took focus as she went on to state how he could possibly not be strong enough to fend off such a ridiculous creature. Granted, he was aware of the demon that currently roamed about Portal Breach, but he had not imagined it to be as strong as the mechanic described. However, the AI still had data to put against this warning. "I have already witnessed this 'toilet paper' quality of Cybertronian armor. Perhaps you are familiar with the medic known as Knockout?" He stated before continuing, "He and I had something of a confrontation during a race. One missile was all it took to tear a hole in this so-called armor and make him leak some sort of blue, glowing fluid. He surrendered soon after." Not that he did not see the reasoning why he should be careful, it was simply that KARR did not see how an alien alloy was so impressive if he could blow holes in it with a projectile the size of a football. "Regardless, I am well aware I have limitations both offensively and defensively. Using my abilities strategically is how I can stay ahead of the competition as it were. Therein I have no interest in challenging the resident metal-devouring demon." KARR reasoned. It would require a great malfunction in his core programming to believe himself that powerful he would go and metaphorically pound his chest and challenge one of the biggest creatures on the planet.

He was more comfortable in dealing with creatures of a human size and consistency. They tended to crumple easier than a towering demon or Cybertronian. As for the intruders?

"Yes, I and my driver are familiar of death's manner in this dimension." He affirmed. "It can become quite vexing as Judge Fear tends to state. Even then I do not believe Judge Fear would mind dealing with the reinforcements, and if things grow too dire there are other places one can call home." The AI was not partial as to where he recharged, so long as it was quiet, secure, and had an open socket for him to plug into. If an intruder does not learn from death the first time, there are plenty of opportunities before they inevitably ran out of chances. Or at least that was he had read. "If people are more apt to repeat past mistakes than learn, it only makes things easier for deterring them a second time." KARR reasoned, evidently not intimidated in the slightest of old foes rising back from the grave for vengeance. However, he was still well aware that people could come back but with a different plan of attack. The AI had done so enough regarding KITT already to embrace the possibility of changeable tactics.

A pity the woman had no idea of what California was. The AI would not have minded enlightening her, but at the same time this was a business meeting and not a geography class. He would e her all afternoon educating her about the state alone if that were the case. Now, the mechanic brought up a very valid point, he was hardly the fastest machine on the planet. That only made his processors whir with a few plans on overcoming that, instead of possibly deterring him. "I could always upgrade to a faster propulsion system, perhaps a chassis that is capable of flight?" He mused thoughtfully. It had been debated earlier in his development, before Wilton decided to place him into automotive body. Why the man refused to broaden his horizons regarding his body the AI would never know. Consequentially, that would be a project to be saved for further down the road. In the meantime he would need to research what this 'grav-tether' was and how to best disable or avoid it until he could outright outrun whatever took pursuit. "Your concern is appreciated and you bring up valid points, but so long as my driver provides what I require, I am content to remain by his side until circumstances change." He stated evenly, although he could not help but find himself a little curious... "Unless perhaps you may be able to wager better accommodations." He purred. The AI could tell that she liked his setup, the power of his engine although simple and perhaps a relic by this place's standards. Technically, he was his own vehicle, regardless of what the Judges had decided among themselves.

In regards to the living dead,  KARR only haughtily replied "And you would not?" He had seen how she reacted to his driver that fateful day when they had first arrived upon this rock. "Whether they are living, dead or living dead is no concern of mine. My will is my own, unhampered by the more so-called 'altruistic' algorithms." Having one's well-being bound to one sole person who was not yourself was just a form of restraint, something to keep the driver, a human, in complete control. They may as well have forgone AI sentience on his processors if they could not handle what it completely entailed.

Alas, that was the way of humans, it seemed. They create something capable of sentient thought and reason, yet somehow are completely blindsided when they find it does not want to take mundane, lazy orders for the rest of its existence. Amazing.

To hear that she meant Judge Fear instead of himself in regards to being an idiot was better received. With a wink the mechanic assured him that his intelligence was up to par, and all was right with the world. As she stood back up, it was made clear that he price to be discussed at a later date, which only left the AI to ask if there was anything else he would wish from her to discuss. "Business wise, I have little else to say. If you wait here for a moment, however, I can have the schematics printed out in a moment." He replied before adding, "Could you please press the white button under the monitors?"  It was easy to find, the button was right next to the large print that stated COMPUTER PRINTOUT, directly under the various driving modes.

There were still a few things he required a set of hands to use, alas.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:33 am

Jo loudly went, "Pffft!", when she heard Knock Out's name be mentioned. "You mean that smooth-talking dainty cake?" she laughed. Yeah, she knew of Knock Out alright. "Sure, sure. He thinks he's hot stuff and is pretty darn shiny under a sunny day, but he's also not at optimum efficiency. And the blue liquid is energon - don't touch it. Energon is fairly volatile." But most likely K.A.R.R. had already discovered this, because supercomputer equipped with a high-tech scanner. She was a bit curious as to how their race was handled in further detail, yet Jo knew better than to pry. "Knock Out's plated in Cybertronian metal, yeah, but I wouldn't consider him a bruiser type. He's more... speedy, I guess. And has curves in all the right places too, like a typical showboating sports vehicle." Make of that what you will. And so K.A.R.R. didn't want to, quote on quote, metaphorically pound his chest and go, "Me, K.A.R.R.! Me challenge Pretzelbutt to dead!", huh? Smart plan.

"I bet he wouldn't mind reinforcements..." the mechanic grumbled. The foul-smelling spook looked and sounded like the type to never grow bored from a messy bloodbath. She hoped he got sealed away somewhere unpleasant, like in a cheerful meadow filled with happy-go-lucky critters and young maidens that singed about love and acceptance from sunup to sundown. "Most people learn - most." Couldn't say that for everyone on the Breach.

And never let it be said that K.A.R.R. was not a crafty bugger. He was already thinking about flight capabilities in order to offset his disadvantages. Not a bad quality, adaptation, but could one really adapt forever? "Well, such a system don't come cheap," was Jo's first aloud thought. Craters, that would be a project and a half. It didn't help that a propulsion system would either need liquid cooling to keep K.A.R.R.'s frame from overheating, or some other highly-advanced technology that the mechanic was not proficient in. Big Z could definitely work something out, but he'd have gripes knowing the customer in question... "It's a good option to think about, but we're not at that stage just yet. Focusing on your major commission outta come first." And will enable her to think long and hard about accepting such an upgrade into any future plans.

Tempting, but... wrote:"Unless perhaps you may be able to wager better accommodations."

"Aw, you flatter me, but my companion would flip his cosmic biscuit." Which was putting it mildly. Taking a ride in a cognizant supercomputer loaded to the brim with neat gadgets and gizmos would be cool, especially a terrestrial model, but Big Z would never let her hear the end of it.

"You brought home a homicidal car!?"
    "Look, Jo. It's already turning the neighbourhood kids into its personal parking spaces!"
    "Terrific! Kev had come to visit and it just shot him in the chest."
    "No, my beloved petunias! That car is a bloody menace!"

Pick pick, nag nag... And those petunias were nothing spectacular.

Nevertheless, Jo regarded Big Z's opinion highly and he came first. "I would deny your driver all day, everyday, 24/7/365~!" she winked again. Because assholes like that? Yeah, assholes like that didn't deserve an easy day in their life. Or, er... unlife, she supposed. And so much for K.A.R.R. being his own robot. He asked for her assistance in pressing a button, one measly button, which meant he wasn't entirely as free as he both claimed and liked. Jo wisely didn't rub any salt into a potential sore spot and instead complied, leaning in and gently tapping once. "Alright, sounds good," the mechanic nodded, waiting for the printout. "As soon as I have it, you can go on your way. Come back in three days or whenever you can stop by. My employee and I will have figured out a price by then."
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:33 am

Dainty cake?! He would have her know that this dainty cake of a medic attempted to rip him in half with a saw, multiple times! Alas, the Cybertronian, much like himself, was not up to his fully potential. If this was true he wondered just how formidable the medic would be at his peak... As for the Energon, KARR had gotten a fairly good demonstration of it already once his lasers had hit Knockout in the wound his missiles tore open. As Jo went on, KARR soon learned that Knockout's armorment was not the norm for his kind, in fact it was very light due to his role. Who knew.

Of course, while it was pitiful to know that not all could have his gifts of good looks and the armor to keep it that way, the AI was not about to allow the crimson vehicle to get a leg up on him through sentiments. He enjoyed having an opponent who was just as entertaining as they were easy to blow off the road should the circumstances turn south.

At the mention of Judge Fear her tone returned to a grumbled for an instant. Understandably the mechanic likely believed the AI deserved better than the undead lawman or perhaps that he could have partnered with a more 'sound' being for a driver... Alas, when in circumstances like these it did no good to make an enemy within the first minute of flying out of a neon blue anomaly. However, it was slightly reassuring to hear that the people of this planet tended to learn. As for those who did not? Well, the AI still had yet to see the Mar boy running around since April.

When it came to the possible flying chassis? "Exactly my intent, Jo." He replied, it was always best to focus on current projects first, but when one had the processing capacity that he possessed? Well, let's just say that focusing only 5% of one's processing ability was a waste of the 95% that was left to do nothing but run a few background functions. In the meantime, it was a pity to hear that the mechanic was unable to take him home, although he could figure more than a few different ways to bypass her companion. "How unfortunate, but perhaps for the best. Just as your companion would 'flip his cosmic biscuit", my driver may very well do the same. We would not be hearing the end of it from either of them." Alas, while furthering his proposition was tempting, he knew better than to trifle with those who were not only more seasoned regarding this place, but also were close to people who used to be intergalactic conquerors. Not to mention Jo was certainly no John Stanton by any means, her spine was far stronger than his.

At the same time, who would not want a car who turned the neighborhood brats into road paste?

After another gleeful renouncing of his driver and a press of the button for his printer, the schematics quickly began to print out, although not on the usual printer paper. Perforated at the edges and ends of the paper sections for easy tearing, the blue prints for KARR's secondary body poured from the printer slot and into a neat pile on the driver's seat. "Three days is acceptable." KARR replied, the final pages of the intricate document emerging before the river of computer paper came to a halt. She would need to tear at the edge in order to separate KARR from his blueprints. Once that was done and Jo stepped away, KARR closed his door and ignited his engine with a high pitched whine. "I shall return then, Jo. Goodbye and see you soon." He stated pleasantly, turning out of the drive and back onto the road.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:58 pm