Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

So, About the Bracelet...

Post by Amalan on Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:40 pm

Amalan shuffled about nervously on his way to the Inner Sanctum. Who was he to approach the queen first? Was it not rude? Should he wait to be personally summoned? He sighed. No, he was foolish to be so apprehensive over going to see her. And yet here the elf was outside the Sanctum entrance, just standing there as he fiddled with his new bracelet. Amalan took a deep breath. He was going in. Slowly but surely, he made his way into the room. It was large, yes, gigantic even, but it looked much bigger now that he and the queen were the only two people in it.

"Your highness?" he greeted her as her stepped forward, briefly bowing his head. "I was wondering if perhaps you could tell me about this bracelet that one of your lobster soldiers gave me." He held out his right hand, giving the queen a good look at the gleaming jewelry on his wrist. "He said that the gem would glow in the presence of poisons. So, will this be of any use to us down the road? If so, what should we look out for? Do you think that someone trying to poison us should be a legitimate concern? I certainly hope not."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: So, About the Bracelet...

Post by Sonia on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:52 pm

"Hello again Amalan," The White Queen greeted. Despite what the elf might have thought, he was not being rude. After all the White Queen had invited the others to come back and see her whenever they wanted. Well, maybe not whenever, they would be asked to leave if she had to tend to her wounds or if she was seeing her general. But other than those times they would be allowed to visit her as they pleased.

"Bracelet? The Queen questioned. She looked closer at the piece of jewelry, eyes noting the enchantment on it. "I would assume that it might, though I do not know what you might come across that could poison you, or if someone poison you. But I cannot say that no one would poison you. It might be a possibility " That much she could not deny. The world was filled with so many dangerous things, who could be certain what was around the corner.
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:36 am

"Indeed," Amalan concurred, "what with people's hearts being ripped out and all, attempted poisoning would probably be the least surprising thing."

It was then that the elfin vampire's gaze fell on the patched up hole in the queen's chest. Oh my...

"So it's true what they all say, that the Red Queen tried to rip out your heart, and that's why you're dying? And the two of you... You used to be friends, didn't you? And to have her betray you like that, and betray the entire kingdom..." Amalan had to stop for a moment, as he was beginning to get choked up. This was so humiliating, getting emotional in front of royalty. "Yet here you are, still standing tall. You've been through so much. The Red Queen's Betrayal, the war, the loss of your Champions... I don't know if anyone's told you this directly before, but you're absolutely amazing. I wish that at certain times in my life, I would have been able to hold myself as highly as you do. I've... Been through some things, but unlike you, it's led me to do things that I'm not proud of, and my actions did have consequences..."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:42 am

The Queen laid a hand over her chest, beneath her armor and dress, beneath the bandages her wounds laid just as Amalan said. A gaping wound that would not close, her chest had been all but torn apart and her heart nearly ripped from her. She hid it well, but she knew the smell of blood and death clung to her. "I would not say we were friends....she and I....we respected each other. But we disagreed with on policies, this did not make her evil though, and our kingdoms prospered and we lived in peace. But it is as you say, she betrayed me, betrayed my kingdom and attempted to take my heart." Would she have taken the hearts of the White Queens people as well?

"Your words are far too kind. I only do my duty as a Queen should." And even then her kingdom was about to fall to the Red Queens might. "You are stronger than you think you are Amalan, remember that in the following days." Soon, the end would be here soon.
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:04 pm

"You really think so?"

Amalan was shocked by the kind words of the queen. To have someone of such high and grand stature regard him in such a way? It was unreal. The elf's mouth curled into a small smile. As flabbergasting as the queen's words were, they did at least appear to lift his spirits.

"Thank you, your majesty," he finally replied, bowing his head yet again. "For both the information and the kind words. I'll be making my leave, then. The others will be wanting to know what I've discovered, about this bracelet and what it does."

With that, he turned to leave, but not without giving one last regarding glance in the queen's direction. His small smile had since grown much larger. Though there were no more words, his expression spoke for him. It said: "Thank you."

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:37 am