Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Free, Huh?

Post by Amalan on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:12 pm

DATE: JUNE 4th, 2014
    TIME: ALMOST 11 AM

After a night of sleep in a rather unconventional location, Amalan decided that it was about time for him to check out the inn he had heard so much about. Supposedly it was a place that offered lodging for free. At first, the elf wasn't sure. Free lodging sounded too good to be true, and he wasn't a huge fan of free handouts either, but apparently it serves as the home for several people on the Breach, so it must at least be worth checking out, right?

When he first entered the building, the first thing he noticed was the smell of food cooking. Oh how it was a smell that he both loved and hated. Ever since his turning, the Altmer vampire's diet had become restricted to liquids only. Food was a thing that he missed dearly, but he remained eternally grateful for the fact that he could still enjoy a glass of wine or a mug of beer. As he approached the front desk, he noticed that no-one seemed to be posted there at the moment. He wondered how he was supposed to summon for service.

As the elf looked around, he took noticed of the bell on the desk. Maybe this was what you used to call for service? He guessed that he would be finding out soon enough. He rang the bell, and all that was left to do was wait in place as he tapped his toe. If the bell didn't work, someone would probably notice him standing there eventually.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Free, Huh?

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:12 pm

“Haa….” sighed Link as he breathed boredly into the fan blowing from left to right in his office.

“Link, come on, just do some work already,” one of his fairies chided and the boy grumbled. It was June. June, the start of summer. Summer! And like every year, when the temperature rises, the innkeeper would find one thing filtering into his mind more often than it usually would: the sea.

“Hngh,” grumbled the boy in retaliation to his fairy’s nudge to do some paperwork. He wanted to go swimming! He wanted to go snorkelling! Wave diving! Fish watching! Surfing! Sand castle building! Fishing! Boating! Everything-under-the-sun-ing! But nope, paperwork was in the way. And whilst he knew full well that the sooner he did the work, the earlier he and his friends could go enjoy the sunshine, he was still unmotivated to start chipping at the documents.

Thankfully, a timely distraction arrived in the form of a bell-ping from the front desk. In a moment, Link was up, out of his seat and striding out to the reception area. He waved at the unknown person standing on the other side, delighted to find a valid excuse to delay putting his signature to forms. “Hello, I’m Link. I’m the innkeeper of the Stock Pot Inn. How may I help you?” he wrote on his tablet.
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:00 pm

So it turned out that the bell worked after all, because shortly after ringing, he managed to summon the apparent keeper of the inn. Goodness, he looked so young! To be running an inn by himself like this... No, surely there had to be others working here. Oh well, Amalan wasn't going to continue to ponder on the issue. He needed to get a room.

"Hello Link, I'm Amalan, and I heard that the lodging here is free. If that's true, then I'm interested in booking a room here. I know this is an odd request, but are there any rooms that... I don't know, get less sunlight than the others. I have a problem with sunlight, you see. You can almost say that I'm allergic to it. I'm fine with any floor so long as the room is nice and dark."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:29 am

“Yes, lodging is free here,” answered Link simply then he tilted his head to one side at the odd request of a room with minimal sunlight. One rather thick eyebrow went up, disappearing amongst his blond poofy fringe as he slowly turned to take a look the lobby’s window. It was not odd at all for a tenant to not like the sun; the inn had seen several of those before. What made the innkeeper curious though was that it was currently the start of summer, and it was nearly noon. This man, who was allergic to sunlight, came all the way here for a room? Did he have an umbrella? Did he have some sort of transport? Somebody drove him here?

Or maybe the person was capable of performing some sunlight blocking magic that could temporarily keep him safe from its harmful rays. In which case, that made this boy even more curious about his potential new tenant.

Since they had past experiences with sunlight-allergic residents, the innkeeper knew just the set of rooms to give out. Link nodded understandingly, unlocked the cardkey drawer and extracted a cardkey alongside a form. He placed the form on the desk. It listed the rules and information of the inn and at the bottom, four lines were present, two of which were completed already.

Room: 102
    Date: June 4th, 2014
    Name: ____________
    Signed: ___________
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:20 am

Oh, believe him, it would be quite a story to tell if he felt like telling it, how he awkwardly and without word to any gawkers made his way to the inn using his cloak as a makeshift sun shield. Amalan was simply glad that the people didn't ask questions. That's just not something he felt like explaining to random people on the street. He looked down at the slip that was passed to him.

"102, huh?" A quick glance behind him revealed the rooms on the bottom floor to be rooms with 100 numbers. His was one of them, and it was conveniently close to the entrance. He signed the paper without much hesitation. "That's nice and close to the front door. If I ever have to carry something to my room, I don't have to walk far. Thanks, Link. I promise I wont be any trouble around here."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:55 am

Link smiled and nodded to the man’s - he checked the completed form, ah, Amalan’s - comments regarding the room’s close proximity to the front door. The innkeeper had not thought of that when he selected the room. Rather the decision was made by remembering which set of rooms got the most reduced hours in the sunlight. He figured that would help his sun-allergic tenant. With all rooms equipped with windows, it was impossible to find a single room with get no sunshine, but the 02 rooms were tucked right in the innermost corner of the L shape that was the inn and, with surrounding buildings, the sun exposure on those rooms are always rather angled or reduced. If that still did not help…. well, there were curtains.

“You’re welcome. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with. You can always find me here at the desk or my office,” with the last part of his written message, he jerked a thumb back to point to the office door behind him. Yup, right there. Easy enough to find and remember.

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:52 am