Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Consideration

Post by Discord on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:05 am

Time: Late Afternoon
    Date: August 23rd, 2014

Discord had slunk through most of the castle.

Apart from the aesthetics and architecture, it was just a castle, full of castle-y things that every castle should have. He had thought that there might’ve been something else that made it truly unique, but was mildly disappointed. It was fairly mundane from what he had seen. He supposed that was somewhat unique compared to the other royals he had been around… Oh well. With nothing left to do, the draconequus backtracked to the front door and then set down the path him and the party had taken the night before.

Discord paused briefly as he saw the guards. His disappointment and mild irritation showed slightly in his expression at the sight of them. Just as he was about to turn to leave, however, they opened the door to allow him passage. He blinked once in surprise, unused to being allowed in to see royalty without hesitation. Usually he had to sneak or teleport in--something not possible in this case, seeing as there was no way to sneak into an area with only one way to enter and he couldn’t teleport for the time being--so he wasn’t used to just being allowed in so willingly. He had almost forgotten that he was considered a hero of some description here; he actually smiled a little at that as he passed the guards and approached the queen with slight hesitation.

”Good afternoon,” he said, bowing with a flourish, the Bandersnatch spike tied against his back nearly coming loose--he noticed and tightened the rope slightly after he stood back up.

He paused for a moment; he had fully intended to come here to offer the queen his services, but once again he had to question whether he could actually be of any help. He hadn’t been too shabby in the battle against the Thornkin the night before, but he’d be lying if he had said that he was any good at combat, especially considering that it was taking most of his available magical skill just to keep this rope solid. He’d said it once and he’d say it again, he really did not enjoy being so incompetent… He resisted the urge to sigh as he looked back up at the queen.

”I assume you’ve been considering our offers to help you from last night? Well, if you’d accept it, I’d like to help if possible as well.” He hesitated for another second, knowing that his next statement was going to be terribly ironic and maybe even hypocritical. ”This red queen sounds like bad news, and I’d like to help stop her in any way possible. No one should have that kind of power if they’re going to use it to harm others.”
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Consideration

Post by Sonia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:16 pm

"Good Afternoon," The White Queen greeted. "Did you sleep well? Were the rooms to your liking?" She asked the other. Discord? Wasn't that his name? A rather odd name for a rather odd looking fell, yet so polite. The White Queen had to wonder why anyone would have ever named him "Discord".

The White Queen took note of the spine on his back.

Discord wrote:”I assume you've been considering our offers to help you from last night? Well, if you’d accept it, I’d like to help if possible as well. This red queen sounds like bad news, and I’d like to help stop her in any way possible. No one should have that kind of power if they’re going to use it to harm others.”

"I have been, and I thank you for your offer as well. I would still like some time though to think however." The White Queen was beginning to think it would just be best to ask those who wanted to, to come forward. She would give them her support and whatever she could spare.

"I wish it were so easy to stop her. Her forces are formidable, and the only way to reach her kingdom now is by crossing the small sea. Her forest has choked the paths that use to lay between her realm and mine, but even if you were to cross the sea you would have to face her tremendous beasts before you could get to her....I suppose if you could get to her there might be a chance." But the getting there part would be hard.
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:31 pm

The White Queen wrote:"I have been, and I thank you for your offer as well. I would still like some time though to think however."

”Of course,” he replied respectfully. For someone as benevolent as she seemed to be, this had to be a massive decision. Allowing the red queen to continue as she was would cause great deals of suffering, but the champions she had sent already had not survived, and sending more could be another death sentence. Discord couldn’t help but respect her that much more for making sure that her decision wasn’t made with too much haste. ”Don’t let any of us make you feel rushed; please take all the time you need, your majesty.”

He listened intently as the queen continued. The red queen certainly sounded formidable, which he was used to in and of itself, but unlike the foes he was familiar with (including himself once upon a time), this red queen seemed more than ready and willing to kill those who opposed her. Crossing this sea that had been mentioned would be a bit of a problem; they’d need boats to get those across who couldn’t fly, and even then, would the sea be calm and unpopulated? The party’s luck thus far seemed to object to that. And if that worked, then there were the “tremendous beasts” after that, and if they were like the Bandersnatch then the group probably wouldn’t stand much of a chance if they didn’t start cooperating. ”What kinds of beasts?” he asked, unable to keep the curiosity out of his voice. ”The Thornkin that we encountered last night were kind of like these creatures called timber wolves from my home world, but that Bandersnatch wasn’t like anything I’d ever seen before… If they’re the red queen’s forces, then did she create them? Or are they simply under her control?”
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:53 pm

"I only wish I had all the time I needed to make such a decision, sadly though the end is drawing closer. I do promise though, I will have a decision for your group before the end of the day." Hopefully that would be enough time for her to come to terms with accepting the group. Hopefully she would be able to scrounge up enough spare supplies to help them if she did accept them.

Discord was right to think that the Red Queen would kill all who stood in her way, because she would, or do worse to you.

”What kinds of beasts?The Thornkin that we encountered last night were kind of like these creatures called timber wolves from my home world, but that Bandersnatch wasn’t like anything I’d ever seen before… If they’re the red queen’s forces, then did she create them? Or are they simply under her control?”

"The thornkin were never seen before, at least not until the Red Queen attacked. I do not believe she controls them though, they roam too far from her castle and seem to have no order to them. They act like wild animals more than any soldiers would. I believe that they are simply a byproduct of her power, a result of the forest being tainted and the lives that were lost once it was." Horrible creatures, made straight from pain.

"You have met the bandersnatch as well. It existed long before her attack, but it was never so...violent. It was something to be wary of, something to have caution against. But never did it attack so openly. The Red Queen took its heart and changed it, most everything caught within the forest has been changed. There are things that still live there, but they are not as they use to be. Their bodies are changed, and so are their minds. Some might help you, but others may well kill you in turn."
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:54 pm

Discord nodded. That was reasonable; hopefully she would allow them to at least try. Even if they didn’t succeed, at least they would’ve had a chance to begin with.

So the Thornkin might’ve been created by the Red Queen, even if it was only indirectly. The queen also confirmed for him that the Bandersnatch hadn’t been created by the Red Queen, but instead had only been warped. He tried to keep himself from openly showing his disgust at the reminder of what the Red Queen had done to that poor fluffy beast, but some of it leaked into his expression and tone. ”Yes, I believe one of the lobsters said something about the Bandersnatch to that effect,” he replied. He then hesitated, his tone softening significantly when he finally continued. ”He said something about the Red Queen trying to do the same to you as well…” he said quietly, hoping he wouldn’t upset her too much. His expression hardened somewhat as he added, ”Which is just another reason why she needs to be stopped.”

The more he thought about that topic, the more his skin crawled. As he started to regret bringing it up, he decided to shift the focus back to the Bandersnatch, even if it would cause a few of his questions to go unanswered. He looked at the White Queen with pensive curiosity. ”What if the Bandersnatch’s heart was returned to it? Perhaps that would restore his free will. Do you think that could work?” he asked. ”It seems to me as if this Bandersnatch is one of the only things protecting the Red Queen from defeat, seeing as no one can seem to even take it on, let alone defeat it. Even if she has other creatures under the same spell as the Bandersnatch, they might be able to be freed in the same way that the Bandersnatch could be, if possible.” There was no such thing as a completely invulnerable creature (he had learned that the hard way), and Discord was determined to find the Red Queen’s weakness. It was the only way they would be able to stand a chance when the time came.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:29 pm

The White Queen only nodded. "It is true what my soldier told you, the Red Queen did indeed try to take my heart from me." But was for his question regarding the bandersnatch. She was not quite sure. "I do not know, that would require you getting close enough to give it its heart. What's more, you would have to find its heart first." And if the Red Queen even still had it who knew where it could be, probably at her castle, but that would require you getting there first.

"You are mistaken though, the Bandersnatch is not the only thing keeping the Red Queen from defeat. There is something else, or some things, that lie across the sea. All those that have gone to try and find her castle have not returned, even when the Bandersnatch is roaming the woods here." Something that no one had seen, or had not seen and come back to tell of it.

A knock echoed throughout the inner sanctum and the White Queen looked to the stone doors. A prawn pawn, larger and more scarred than most entered and approached the Queen. It stepped forward upon her dais and whispered into her ear. A look of concern crossed the Queens face and she looked to Discord. "I am afraid I shall have to cut our time together short. Please understand, there is something I must speak with my general about." Top priority Queen business and all that.
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:17 am

Thankfully, Discord didn’t seem to have upset her much, or at least not visibly.

As for the Bandersnatch, she did have a point. If they could even find its heart and successfully steal it back without dying, they still had to find the Bandersnatch and get to its chest. One could hope that the creature was intelligent enough to realize when it was being helped, but it was a slim chance seeing as the beast probably wouldn’t listen to reason. All in all, it was a shot in the dark at a pinpoint of a target, but if he saw an opening, he knew he might be willing to take that chance.

And of course there was some other deadly monster waiting for them in the sea… Why wouldn’t there be? One thing was for sure; if the Bandersnatch was what was waiting for them in the forests, he couldn’t say he was looking forward to finding out what was hiding in those depths.

”What if we ha-“ The entrance of the lobster interrupted him. He turned in time to see the doors open, and he sidestepped to stay out of the scarred lobster’s way. Discord frowned as the queen dismissed him, but he still nodded. ”Yes, of course. Thank you for speaking with me,” he said, his frown vanishing mostly. ”I suppose I’ll see you again soon. Until then…” He bowed once more to finish his sentence before turning and leaving the sanctum once the doors opened for him. He supposed that it wouldn’t do much good to overstay his welcome, and besides; it was about time he sought out some of the other party members and took advantage of the opportunity to rest. It was likely that they had been out and about as well, so they might have found some information themselves.

It was about time for a little show-and-tell.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:00 pm