Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Questions for the Queen

Post by Knock Out on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:19 am

Knock Out was not entirely sure what he was doing. Pace a little frantic and definitely hurried, the Cybertronian had jogged out of the Gardens and back inside of the castle proper. The Queen had invited the group to return anytime and talk to her, and Knock Out knew, after looking at that statue, that he wanted to talk to the Queen. But about what? The mech doubted much good would happen if he waltzed in and admitted that some of the group had been involved in the murders of her beloved Guardians. Though, he had to know how much she knew. She definitely knew they were dead, that was for sure. It was a fragging memorial. But what were the known causes of deaths? Just 'the Red Queen'? Had that lead to more conflict between the two?

He might have also wanted to know a bit more about the Guardians. Knock Out told himself that he just wanted to know if maybe they weren't as innocent as they were being lead to believe, that maybe in the end it was alright that they'd died and then he didn't have to care anymore. He wouldn't know until he got to the White Queen. Approaching the doors from before, Knock Out glanced to the lobster guards. Without much fight, they let him inside. The room looked the same as it ever had, though it seemed roomier since the entire group was not inside. Knock Out shuffled inside, his gait a little noisy thanks to his metal nature, and the Cybertronian knelt down onto one knee and bowed his head respectfully.

"White Queen." He greeted, raising his head as she gestured for him to come closer. Uncertain, he stood back up and shuffled forward. "Hey...uh...yeah. Its Knock Out. Not sure if you...remember...then again I guess I stand out a bit in this group." He chuckled, slightly strained as one arm pulled back to rub the back of his helm awkwardly. "Sooo I was just out...in the Gardens. Aaand I saw a statue. Couldn't help but see it, and its probably rude to ask but...I'm curious. Who were these Guardians and how did they die?" Maybe, just maybe, these Guardians weren't even what he thought they were. Perhaps it was a giant coincidence.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Questions for the Queen

Post by Sonia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:47 am

The Queen finished taking her medicine, swallowing quickly to avoid the bitter earthy taste that came with the brew. It helped, she knew it did. It slowed the bleeding and eased her pain but by all the powers that were it tasted awful. The door to her inner sanctum opened once more and the red metallic man from the other day, stepped towards her dais and bent the knee. He bowed his head and greeted her, but came closer once she gestured, if not hesitantly.

Knockout wrote:"Hey...uh...yeah. Its Knock Out. Not sure if you...remember...then again I guess I stand out a bit in this group."

"I remember you indeed," she said, good naturedly. "Please though, there is no need to be so uneasy. You are free to speak your mind here, be at peace."

Knockout didn't seem to be that much at peace though, instead he spoke of her garden, and of the statue of her fallen guardians. "You are not rude, if you wish to know then I will tell you. They were my allies, the Overseers and Protectors of what was once my forest. Under their guide and care travelers arrived unharmed and did not have to fear being preyed upon in the night. But after the Red Queen attacked, the forest began to become tainted with dark magic. It turned against them and slowly they lost control of it. I know not how they died, I was not there on the field the day they did. But I felt it, their lives snuffed out in sequence to each other." The Queen looked down sadly at her hands.

"Many mourned that day, the guardians...those three were good people. They did not deserve to die seeing what they loved corrupted."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:33 am

Uneasy? Who was uneasy? He wasn't uneasy. He was fine. He wisely decided not to comment on this however, folding his arms behind his back like a soldier at attention as she spoke. Thankfully she didn't find his questioning about how they had died rude. He'd worried if it may come off like that, sometimes someone just casually wanting to know the circumstances of a death could be that way. Those three protected the forest, overseeing it and even helping travelers that came their way. The Red Queen had attacked, the forest tainted in the process. The vines turned against those protectors and they became lost within it. They had been turned, twisted, made to watch as everything they'd lived for was corrupted. And eventually killed. The Queen did not know the circumstances of their death, this much did put him at ease. However, she had felt them when they had died, which was...interesting. He'd seen Sonia in between that, she'd been Sonia. Not the Queen. Had whatever possessed her felt the passing?

The White Queen wrote:"Many mourned that day, the guardians...those three were good people. They did not deserve to die seeing what they loved corrupted."

Oh Primus, just stab him in the Spark, why don't you?! Why couldn't they have been murderers? Why couldn't the puppet-masters have chosen despicable scum to play with? The beings behind this had taken their lives up in a gamble and used them, knowing full well that those lives could have been ended! Why did they have to choose what were apparently the nicest people to ever walk the Breach? Why did they choose innocents to mess with? Why had they been so misled?

"I am...sorry...that your friends died like that. I hope they didn't suffer." The Medic's voice was low. The Witch definitely suffered. When the oak tree had died, it seemed more angry and mournful for the rose, then anything amounting to misery, and the rose had been plucked quickly. "I suppose if you ever found whoever was responsible, likely the Red Queen..." He threw the 'Red Queen' part in quickly. "You'd want to make them suffer like those Guardians had."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:17 am

Knockout wrote:"I am...sorry...that your friends died like that. I hope they didn't suffer."

The White Queen looked from her hands up to the metal man. "You are kind. She said regarding him remorsefully. "I too hope that they did not have to suffer. And I am sorry as well, that you have suffered a similarly horrible fate. It is wrong that you have been torn from your world and brought to this one....I wish I had the power to return you."

But she didn't have that power, and she likely never would as her injuries would not heal.

Knockout wrote:"I suppose if you ever found whoever was responsible, likely the Red Queen...You'd want to make them suffer like those Guardians had."

The White Queen regarded him for a long moment, the silence stretching out between the two. "No," she finally said, her body trembling slightly. "I.. .I am mad at the Red Queen for what she has done. I would be mad at anyone, they were good people, they were kind." She clenched her hands to still the shaking and looked at him. She looked worn down, and her eyes glistened in the pale light from extra water. "But I do not want her to suffer, I do not want anyone to suffer. Suffering will not bring them back. It will not bring my champions back. They lived for better things than suffering, I won't taint their memories...I can't."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:55 am

Kind. Right. If it were a more appropriate time, the Cybertronian would have laughed the compliment off and crushed the Queen's hopes that she was talking to some kind, noble person. Granted, if Knock Out took a liking to someone he was usually pretty respectable and friendly to them. But a kind person is respectable and friendly to people they may not like, and if Knock Out doesn't like someone he makes it known. The mech didn't expect that the Queen would then offer her condolences about the situation everyone on the Breach was in. One that the Queen herself was technically in, since surely Sonia came from another world. The Cybertronian rolled his shoulders in a shrug and gave her a half smile.

"Hey, I've already dealt with that. Its not like I had much left there in the end anyway." The Decepticons had fallen apart, he'd been rejected by the Autobots and put into cuffs. There was regret, sure. He really wanted to see Cybertron in its prime again. But he'd been without Cybertron for so long that even having its return taken from him hurt no more than when Optimus Prime had first shattered the Omega Lock. "No use wishing for something like that."

A silence fell between them and he couldn't fault her for it. It had been a rather heavy question, one you really think about. Knock Out knew his answer of course, but the Queen? It took a bit of pondering for her to answer. And her emotional answer...was not entirely unexpected. She hadn't wanted to kill Daemeon, after all. The Queen was nice. Like her friends. She was kind, perhaps to a fault. Forgiving too, despite her own pain. The Cybertronian watched her body shake, her eyes glisten, and the pain etched on her face with as little emotion as he could manage. In a way, her compassion and forgiveness seemed weak. It was no insult to her, merely what he had learned. Because he sure as slag wouldn't forgive someone for killing someone he actually liked. He wasn't that kind of mech. He wasn't kind. And yet sometimes it was stronger to forgive then to enact revenge, wasn't it? Revenge was easy. It was like second nature, cutting down someone who wronged you, but to look someone in the eye and decide not to hurt them, to stay your own hand...was just something incomprehensible.

"There aren't many people like you, you know. Most people would destroy those who kill what they love." Despite the fact that he had been involved in the deaths of her friends, and she didn't know, he felt at ease now. "I suppose, them being such kind people, they wouldn't want you to kill on their behalf anyway." Well, except perhaps the witch. Since he'd killed them all. "The garden is very lovely. The statue too." He felt a little bit awkward now, deciding to give some compliments rather than spit out the truth. Why should he, anyway? The Queen was some type of energy possessing someone else. If...and this was a big if, but if they managed not to screw this whole thing up and everything was fixed in the end, Sonia would go back to doing Sonia things and he probably would never happen upon the 'Queen' again.

Though...what if the Judges saw fit to tell the Queen the truth instead? Ugh, he could see their smug...helm and skull now. Happily telling the Queen how her friends had died and helpfully pointing to those responsible. Particularly the organic ones. Ugh. Even though she just said she didn't want more suffering on their behalf, he still didn't like what could come about from them spilling such a thing to her. What if she went back on her word? What if she kicked them out of the castle? What if she cried at them? He shuffled in place. "If you...want to be alone now, I can leave." He offered, he was totally up for slinking away now. He hated moral dilemmas. He hated even more that they most definitely did not have High Grade Energon here.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:57 am

"It was still your world, you had no right to be ripped from it." It was unfair, none of those that had been brought here deserved to have their lives ripped out from under them. Even the one that currently dwelled in the dungeon did not deserve that.

There was still something that made her wonder, this 'hesitation' that Knockout seemed to have. The Queen was not sure why it was there, but she did not wish to push the subject either. She adjusted her gown, armor clinking as she moved.

Knockout wrote:"There aren't many people like you, you know. Most people would destroy those who kill what they love I suppose, them being such kind people, they wouldn't want you to kill on their behalf anyway. The garden is very lovely. The statue too."

"I suppose perhaps there are not, but perhaps that is best as well. Sometimes... my mercy...I doubt...Leaders, no matter what role they fill will always doubt I suppose. But you are right, they would not have wanted me to take revenge on their behalf. " As Queen her duty was to stand as a symbol and protect all of those that lived in her kingdom.

"I am glad that you liked the garden, and the statue. You may go if you wish, or you may stay. I am happy for your company, but I will not delay you if there is somewhere you would rather be as well." You had to do what was best for you knockout, and what was best for your group.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:30 am

"By all rights, neither of us should be here. And yet, we are! And there's nothing we can do about it." He couldn't go back home to Cybertron anymore than Sonia could go back to Earth. In the same vein, he couldn't turn back time and bring those Guardians back to life. In an ideal world, none of them would have died, and perhaps they could have worked together to figure everything out. But they were dead. Things had happened since they were dead. And there was nothing he could do to fix it. "All we can do is deal with what we've got." He didn't usually like crying about what could have been. Even the death of Breakdown hadn't resulted in the medic collapsing in a pile of weeping woes. But his mistakes didn't usually allow for innocent people he didn't know getting killed. Some of his mistakes were pretty bad, sure, but there's always casualties in a war. This was no war. This place was supposed to be peaceful. A break from all that, and instead he kept getting thrust into these sort of situations, and getting his aft kicked from here to there, and having dicks tossed at his head. Hngh.

"I don't have much mercy, myself. You may think me kind, but...well. I was a soldier in a war. You don't survive wars by picking flowers." He crossed his arms across his chassis. "To be perfectly honest, part of the reason I distrust that Daemeon fellow is because I can see a little of myself in him. Not that I'm stupid enough to hurt your people unless they were to hurt me first but..." He faltered for a moment before continuing. "When you're in a war, you learn to sniff out 'dangerously crazy'. And Daemeon practically reeks of it. Daemeon referred to himself as a 'surgeon' when we tended the wounded villagers. Someone like that who says he's a surgeon...it doesn't bode well." Patients had never been tortured under his care. Told off? Definitely. Lectured? Of course. Cursed at? Quite a few times. But he'd never tortured them 'just because' or anything like that.

The Queen admitted to being happy for his company, but also insisting that if he had somewhere to be, she didn't want to keep him from it. "Well...I don't really have anywhere to be in particular..." He shrugged awkwardly. "Maybe...a few more minutes..?"
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:08 pm

"That is very true, we must simply make the best of what we have." Even if what you had was horrible or almost nothing. The White Queen rubbed her hands together, the knuckles on her hand aching. Every joint in her body ached, she'd been sitting on the dais too long and had had too little sleep.

"To be a soldier is difficult, you are forced to face that which others can not even begin to comprehend. And War is indescribably horrible, I can understand why you hold little mercy. Her own soldiers, how often had they stood before her with their own haunted look in their eyes? "Do not fear Daemeon though, my cells are reinforced with magic, should he attempt anything his guards are under orders to kill him immediately. Mercy has its place, but I will also do what I must to protect my people and my kingdom." If Daemeon was smart he would not squander her generosity.

The White Queen smiled at Knockouts offer and motioned for him to come closer and sit.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:46 pm

The Cybertronian nodded, yes they simply had to make the most with what they had. And sitting on the sidelines wasn't 'best', no matter how appealing it may seem. He watched her rub her hands together, again noticing just how frail she looked. Of course, most humans looked pretty frail half the time, but seeing how the Queen was dying...if she died, would that take Sonia down with her? Would it be the same for the Red Queen?

Primus, the Queen really was just an understanding woman. If the blue/white object symbolized 'good, order' and all that other nice stuff, then he could really tell with how it had possessed Sonia. Which meant the Red Queen was going to be a doozy. Again he nodded his head, the Civil War had not been quite what he and Breakdown had been expecting when they'd joined together. They'd made the most of it though, you can't exactly go AWOL from the Decepticons, and managed to make names for themselves in the ranks. Yet the mech did not feel quite like some war hardened, aching Veteran. That was because he could be pretty selfish though. So long as he and Breakdown had been happy, had been alive, had not been fodder in the War, he didn't really care too much what happened. Things had...changed since Breakdown died.

The mech seemed to bristle a bit. "I don't fear him, I just don't want him to get us all killed." They'd at least been lucky he wasn't part of the group last time. He was part of it this time, however, and he could be a real wrench in their cogs. At least the Queen seemed assured that her dungeons could hold him. "Good, because I think if he somehow managed to find your 'Red Queen' then we'd all be scraped." The Medic grumbled. If he had as good a read on Daemeon as he thought, then he could see him going to the other Queen since relations with this on hadn't gone well. An alliance perhaps. Telling her who may be coming for her. Telling her how weak the Queen and her forces were becoming. Whether the Red Queen knew all of this already or not, Daemeon would still try and tell her. "Sometimes, one's values have to be sacrificed for the greater good." He nodded to her. "Hopefully it won't have to come to that." Who knew, maybe Daemeon would behave in there.

Blinking at the gesture, Knock Out came closer to her and settled himself down into a sitting position on the ground. It was...strange. He stared at her for a moment before speaking up to get rid of the silence that had settled between them. "I guess here is where I offer to help you out against the Red Queen." He held up a hand. "I know, I know, you couldn't bear to have someone else take on that responsibility and all of that. But...hey. Maybe that's why we were brought here. To help you." To right old wrongs.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:07 pm

The White Queen watched as Knockout bristled before her. "I'm sorry, I did not mean to insult you." She apologized in a placating tone. "What do you think that he would do if he found himself in the presence of the Red Queen? He hardly is the most tactful, and despite her brutality The Red Queen is no fool. She is cunning and vicious, what do you think would spare him from her tearing out his heart?"

The White Queen nodded once more in agreement with Knockout, he was right, sometimes ones values did have to be sacrifice. "For the greater good of my people, I will do anything. But for their greater good I have to try and be fair and just in all matters. My people look to me as a symbol and there is a balance I must keep. I must be strong for them but I cannot appear too overbearing. They associate death and power with the Red Queen, if I appear the same to them they will lose hope."

Hope was the only thing these people had left too.

When Knockout finally did sit next to her a silence descended once more, he quickly broke it a part though, offering his services as well to her. "...Perhaps. Perhaps you have been brought here to end this war, but how unfair...to push that burden on to strangers from another world....I will call you all to see me soon again, to speak with you as a whole. I believe I will take up your offers, but only of those who will give it." She did not want to force people to fight for her.

Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:42 am

"Its fine. Its just been...a weird day or two. You're fine." She shouldn't be the one apologizing to him. As for what Daemeon would do? Knock Out considered what he would do if he were in Daemeon's position. "Frankly, he'd kiss her aft. Compliment her, and start telling her all about how he knows things she would find most interesting. Even though he is a fool, he likes to try and act anyway, and if he can tell her things like 'there's people with the White Queen who can try to kill you, here's what they are', I don't want to take any chances." He did consider the Queen's words though. "...She takes hearts?" Well that explained the Bandersnatch. "In that case maybe his own hubris will kill him but still..."

The Queen spoke of the position of power, and what she said was why he never liked putting himself in a position of leadership. Next to it, sure! But there was so much responsibility, so many things to think about. Protecting those under you while remaining a good leader that people would want to follow. He supposed killing people in a manner like the Red Queen would turn people off. "I guess you can be compassionate about killing someone like him by offering chances. I know a few people in our group seemed to disagree with your decision." Knock Out himself shrugged. "I'll just kill him myself if he acts up. No big deal." You as well, Garry. You better watch out, Garry.

The Queen spoke of how unfair it was for them to shoulder this burden, this responsibility. The Cybertronian merely cracked a bitter smile. "It wouldn't be a first for us. Shouldering burdens is becoming a thing here, apparently. Maybe this burden will have some...good consequences." She would accept their offers, however, and she planned to speak to them all again as a whole. "That's a good idea...our little group needs some...cohesion."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:38 pm

The Queen nodded, understanding. She had rough days all the time, and it certainly couldn't be easy for any of the group. "I cannot say that the Red Queen is one for much flattery, she enjoyed it as much as the next I suppose...but she was no fool and was never taken in by it." The Red Queen might entertain the man for awhile, but ultimately she'd destroy him.

"She does take hearts, and I have noticed, there are those in your group that did not approve. From how he behaved and from what you have told me I can see why it would be upsetting. But still, I had to give justice fairly..." The damage that had been done to her villagers had been undone. She could not sentence him to death over that, but if Daemeon pushed his luck....

"I hope-" The Queen sentence was interrupted by a coughing fit, she could feel the inside of her dress begin to dampen and motioned for her Doctors to come closer. "I'm sorry, I fear i'm going to have to ask you to leave." She said to knockout once she could speak. The Doctors stepped forward, bringing with the medicine and bandages. "I'll call for your group later and we will talk again." The Queen promised.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Not one for flattery? Well then, that was...sort of relieving, and sort of distressing. He liked to employ some level of flattery when he spoke to people as well, and to hear that it wouldn't work on the Red Queen...well, there went any thoughts that he could try buttering her up at all. Now he really hoped they would not run into the Queen herself, and would only run into her soldiers. Though, with the way PB could be...it was likely that they were going to encounter the Red Queen anyway. "Well that's a relief..." Daemeon couldn't slither his way into her good side, at least.

What an odd thing to steal, hearts. Especially if something could live without it. "Good thing I don't have one." He did however, have a Spark, and he didn't want to wager on the idea of the Queen trying out the possibility of stealing one of those for her heart collection. The Cybertronian gave the Queen a shrug. "Well, on one hand, killing him would basically prevent him from doing anything to jeopardize this entire thing. On the other, you know, you're not the type of person to just kill people unless its dire. Maybe not the best sort of situation, I'd certainly like him dead, but its your decision and we just have to deal with it. If he tries anything he'll be killed anyway, and if he somehow avoids that, then we'll try to kill him ourselves." Maybe it'd get him some brownie points with Fear.

The Queen was interrupted by a coughing fit, a really bad one this time. He stared at her, and wished that she could have been a Cybertronian. She had her own Doctors though, the organic kind, that she waved forward. It seems her health had cut this short, which was fine. He'd learned what he'd wanted to learn. "Of course." He bowed his head respectfully. "This was...an interesting talk. I will see you then, White Queen." He gave her a slight grin before he stood up and left the room, leaving the sickly Queen to be cared for by her Doctors.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:34 am