Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Let Me Tell You A Story

Post by Livewire on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:30 pm

DATE: July 23rd, 0004
    TIME: Just before 6:00AM

Livewire quietly made her way down the winding halls, following the reversed path that the group had taken the night previous. Well, most of the group, anyway. The metal of her frame clicked against the stone but she did her best to dampen it without seeming like she was trying to sneak around. The child doubted that any signs of sneaking would be well-received inside a castle of displaced refugees.

The same condensation from before began to bead against her armor, but she paid no attention to it. She had not benefited from the night’s rest, as to be expected since she didn’t allow herself to wind down and enter recharge once more. She was far too wired, too tense, too afraid and enraged still even when the most convenient focal point of her fury was tucked below the castle. Or, well, she assumed it was below the castle. Livewire didn’t really know that much about the typical room layout of castles, but below it seemed like a good place for a dungeon, though really high above the castle would work as well.

Her intended recipient might find some sort of surprise. Logically, the femme should have calmed down at least somewhat after the night’s events. Daemeon had been taken away, they were given a safe place to recover as well as time to think. But for this particular metal child it had done nothing. Her thoughts and mind were rife with fear and stress, screaming out against memories that she had done a spectacular job of suppressing up to this point, but now, for the task she intended, she had to purposefully bring them forward.

This was not going to be pleasant.

The child looked up at the Prawn Pawns guarding the door and gave a nod, along with a quiet ”Thank you” when they opened the stone doors leading into the Queen’s resting space. She hesitated, entertaining the slightest thought of running away, but at the first glimpse of Sonia that was caught in her optic the thought was quickly dashed away. No, she had to stay strong for this. Step by unsure step, the child approached the Queen. Should she bow? Aqua had done something similar, but…well, perhaps she shouldn’t try copying another’s mannerism when she could barely keep her own under control. She looked at the Queen and barely managed to keep herself from immediately looking away. She had to try this, to just try. Even though she felt it would be futile, just maybe if she could say something, anything at all that could help.

The thought of her friend tied up in the strings of some sadistic play sickened her. The child remembered, far more clearly than she cared for, what it was like to be under the Circus Witch’s control. She was not herself, and no plea could bring back what had been taken. No image of a friend could give her any semblance of control against the puppet strings. But…but Sonia was stronger than she was. She had to try.

“Would…would you let me tell you a story?

This would not be pleasant at all.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Let Me Tell You A Story

Post by Sonia on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:58 pm

The Queen coughed, her chest shaking with each burst of breath. The taste of copper was heavy on her tongue even after the spell had seceded. Her doctors stirred around her, tending to her needs, making sure her condition was stable and fussing over her as they generally tended to do. She allowed them, she knew of their worry, they slept almost as little as she did.

The doors to her inner sanctum pushed open once again and once more someone stepped through and towards her. Livewire, the girl who had warned her of Daemeons danger, the one who had wanted to guard him as well. The White Queen knew very little about the child, but she always seemed to be in such a state of distress. It seemed to the White Queen that her appearance as well as her condition, caused great unrest in the child. Even when trying to protect these people, she could not protect them from all harm it seemed.

The girl stepped forward,

Livewire wrote:“Would…would you let me tell you a story?"

The Queen regarded the girl curiously, "Of course Livewire, please go on."
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Oh, oh She looked terrible.   Livewire tried to keep her gaze on the Queen, but found that she could not.   Every moment that the cybertronian looked at her, she was looking at Sonia dying.   It hurt.

The femme cautiously approached the frail figure.   "This...this isn't a nice, story."     She stopped once she was a few feet away from the edge of the pool.   Even though the Queen's visage distressed her so, she wanted to be close to her.   She was just a distraught child at the side of a dying friend, unable to help in the slightest.

She went to one knee, then the other until she was sitting before her.  Her hands went to her knees, as she didn't really know where else to put them.    "About a year ago, in the city I live in, a number if children all went missing in one night."   Well, this story sounded nice already.   "There were no signs of struggle, of anyone breaking into their homes.   It was like they had all just walked out in the middle of the night.   They came from, from graveyards, from secure fortresses that were so far from the city that they could not have travelled by foot.    From,"   she stared very intently at the ground,  "...from just beside where their guardians slept."       Don't think about them, don't, don't picture their faces.   Don't.    

"A few days later, posters started to appear around town.   They were advertising a c-"    She stopped.  Livewire felt hot shame through her that the simple word still had so much power over her.   "Advertising a Circus, that had just come to town."   The fear was raging.    It was swirling and suffocating her with the memories of the Ringmaster, but still she spoke.

"And then, there were children.  But...but they had been, changed.    Some of them looked just like the children that went missing, just in different clothes.   Some...were different in other ways, ways that stopped them from being recognized.    But they each, each one."    She stopped again.   Her systems were running hot, her mind on fire with her terror.   She didn't want to remember, she didn't want to remember.  But she had to, for Sonia.   "They didn't remember.   They didn't, remember anyone.   People they lived with, their friends, their-...their, families.   Each one of them had been with"    She couldn't say it.   She opened her mouth, trying to word it out.   God, if this was as painful to watch as it was for her to say, then she wasn't helping at all.    "M-Mother, since she had saved them."

She looked up at the Queen.   Her face was placid, expressionless, but in her mind she was screaming.   "We had entire lives, entire lives that didn't start until we were taken.    She, she took us, and then she ripped out all of our souls, our memories, and put them in her stomach.    And then, sh-she, she tore us apart, and put us back together with just enough, just enough like who we were so that our friends would come to save us.    And she hurt us."    Her voice faltered, falling into a pointed static that bled with her trauma.   "She hurt us, because we were just dolls to her.   Just dolls in her performance."    

She was practically begging now, but even the child couldn't say what for.  "And she was weak.   She was weak, and she could rip us out of herself and put someone else in because that's what she wanted.   She was weak, and she did that, and there were so many more, so many more who were stronger."        She looked down again as her hands clasped together and held tight against her abdomen.   She felt so exposed, pulled tight like a wire just starting to fray.    "A-And, and I'm telling you because....because I know you."    She looked back up to the Queen, to Sonia.    "I know you, and you don't know me.   And, and it hurts, because its okay.   Because...because this is some, some horrifying play.   But now, now it's not a Circus Tent filled with blood and bones.   It's...it's so much worse now."     It was so Mich worse, and she wanted to scream from it.   She knew, she knew that the true tests had yet to come, and she didn't know if she would be able to face it when they did. This was so much worse than  death, to her.     "But I'm not going to play along."   Her hands clenched together tightly, and the child almost looked to be praying.   "But you're stronger than I am, you always were.    So just....just, anything that seems off,  that seems wrong.   That is too much like a story.   Just...if you can."     If you can break out, like Livewire couldn't.

She was quiet.   She didn't think it would help, didn't know if this would make any different at all, but she had to try.

(Color codes coming later, currently on phone)
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:44 pm

The Queen waited patiently as Livewire began.

Once upon a time wrote:"This...this isn't a nice, story."

The White Queen only nodded, signalling the girl to continue. She had not thought it would be nice, something in the way Livewire held herself had told her it would not be. The girl went to one knee before the White Queen, and then slowly to the other until she was sitting there, her hands clenched at her knees. Everything about her seemed fragile and about to break.

Livewire began her tale of woe and the White Queen listened.

She listened as Livewire told her about how the children went missing, how they were spirited away from their homes without so much as a struggle, as if they had never existed. The White Queen listened as Livewire described how the children returned, she listened to her as she described the posters advertising a circus and Livewires fear began to fill the room. The White Queen listened as Livewire told her of the children, how they had been changed, how some did not even look like themselves.

She listened as Livewire told her of how none of the children recognized their families or friends. The White Queen listened as Livewire told her of Mother.

Her hands tightened as Livewire spoke of how Mother had torn apart their souls and reshaped them, made them different but left them the same. How she took them and discarded them at will to compensate for her own weakness. How Mother had hurt them.

Everything was not okay wrote:"A-And, and I'm telling you because....because I know you."

The White Queen watched, and the White Queen listened.

And there was so much pain wrote:"I know you, and you don't know me. And, and it hurts, because its okay. Because...because this is some, some horrifying play. But now, now it's not a Circus Tent filled with blood and bones. It's...it's so much worse now."

The White Queen felt pain lance from the hole in her chest as she rose.

But nothing can stay horrible forever wrote:"But I'm not going to play along."

The water soaked into the material of her dress as she stepped from the dais.

Everything would be alright wrote:"But you're stronger than I am, you always were. So just....just, anything that seems off, that seems wrong. That is too much like a story. Just...if you can."

The White Queen knelt before the girl, ignoring the wetness staining the inside of her chest plate. Her arms gently encircled Livewire, cradling the girl to her. "Hush, hush." The White Queen held the small girl who knew her. "Everything will be fine, I promise you this. When everything is over and done, and this all ends. You and I will see each other again. I promise Livewire."
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:05 pm

[Sorry for the late replies, moving in has been hectic]

Livewire kept herself bowed, like she was praying to the woman on the dais.   Her very being was begging the Queen, begging Sonia, to succeed where she had failed in the Circus Tent, to be able to pull herself back together.   She watched as the Queen rose up.  She should stop talking, tell the Queen because no, obviously she shouldn’t be moving, but she couldn’t stop.  Once she had started, she couldn’t stop.  It just came spilling out, spilling out like a flood of nails and broken glass.  

Her gaze followed the Queen as she approached.  She didn’t move to get up, she couldn’t.   She just stayed kneeling before the Queen.   The child looked at her helplessly as she was approached, and then  still when the Queen knelt before her.   If she was organic she might have begun to cry when Sonia embraced her, but she was not, and so she didn’t.   Instead, Livewire remained perfectly still as the Queen asked for her silence before spreading the balm of her words across Livewire’s wounds.     Livewire did not move to return the embrace.  She was scared, in that moment, of her own sharpness.  For just the time that the Queen touched her, it felt like the horrible screaming, the static in her mind was weakened, just for a moment.  Just enough.

“Why are you dying?”

Her voice was small, and frightened when she asked.  She was afraid to destroy the moment, to lose the contact, but still her fear of everything that surrounded them was greater.   She had not been this stressed for this long in quite some time, no way would the child emerge from this unscathed.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:52 pm

[tis cool mang]

Even though Livewire did not embrace her in return, the White Queen did not mind. The poor child, the poor poor child. How awful it was to feel powerless, to watch those that you loved suffer. The White Queen knew that feeling well, she felt it everyday that her kingdom was consumed. She understood, and she would sit there for as long as she needed to in order to help this girl.

Livewire wrote:“Why are you dying?”

The child asked.

"When the Red Queen came to me, we were still allies, I respected her and believed the same. I do not know why she chose to do what she did, but that day she struck me, she tore apart my chest and closed her hand over my heart. She attempted to take it for herself, to end me. But I was able to repel her at the final moment. The injury will not heal though, her magic has tainted me..." It was slowly killing her, there was no way to fix her either.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:22 pm

The child listened as the Queen spoke, telling her of the Red Queen’s betrayal.  Within her swirling mind she could easily picture the layout of the typical human female’s ribcage, see the sinew, cartilage, veins and lungs that would be damaged with the Red Queen’s assault.   She knew next to nothing about how magic would affect the wound, knew next to nothing about magic, in fact.   She could not practice it, could not find out how to defend against it, and thus did not pursue it.  

She was wishing that she had.

The child’s hands slowly came up to the Queen’s waist, not holding her for fear of hurting her more.  Any damage that the child could perform would pale in comparison to the damage done.   “So we’re on a schedule…okay.”  Livewire wished that she was organic.  If she was organic then she could just cry, could take a few pills to make up for the imbalance of stress hormones.  If she were simpler she could merely “turn off” her emotions, but her being was too complex for her to decipher.  

She ignored the impulses of her optics as she gently held onto the Queen.    “So…so that’s it.  That’s…that’s it.”   She felt so helpless.  She was holding a dying friend who was trapped inside of the webs of a monstrous play.   ”I’m scared. “   The fear welled up within her again, bubbling forth and encompassing her mind.  She felt so helpless, like this.  She was useless.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:58 pm

"I am afraid we are, a schedule that was shrinking with every passing day. She did not have much time, and if her own injuries did not kill her than the Red Queen would when her barriers failed and the Red Queen marched her army to the castle.

The girl returned her embrace slowly, very carefully, but still she returned it. The White Queen rested her head on top of the girls and waited to hear what she had to say. Livewire confessed that she was scared, the White Queen could not blame her. "I am as well. I am often scared these days. But we must push past that fear if we are ever to move on." She had a duty to her people, and to her kingdom. She could not give in to fear, she would see everything until the very end.

The Queen remained with her arms around the girl, for as long as she could manage.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:57 pm

Livewire listened to the White Queen confirm what she was already aware of. Her hands gently clenched the fabric of the Queen’s robes. “I’m going to help. I-I’m, I’m going to help. But…but even, even if I can’t, if we fail. Don’t…don’t be scared.” She did not look up now for fear of removing the Queen’s contact. Even as her own terror raced through her, burning up her systems, she could remove herself from it just enough at this moment so that the child could feel, feel that she didn’t want Sonia to be afraid.

“I, I and you, I know it’s weird but you, too. We come from, from a place where death is temporary. It…it really is. When we die, we just go missing for a week, and then…then we come back. A-And, and no matter how horrible, we come back.” She would not mention those who don’t come back. She would not mention it. “And, and it doesn’t make any sense but it’s true, it’s true. Because…it’s the end. We’re, we’re only there because…because all of our worlds are gone, and X just…just brought us.” Livewire’s systems choked for a moment as they began to cool down. Even with everything that had happened, everything that was about to, the Queen’s embrace was calming her.

Then she had a thought.

“Do…does this world have any gods?”
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:36 am

"I will not be, I will see it to the end bravely." She was afraid, but that did not mean that fear would rule her. She would see everything through until the very end, until her kingdom and her people were nothing more than dust.

Livewire wrote:“I, I and you, I know it’s weird but you, too. We come from, from a place where death is temporary. It…it really is. When we die, we just go missing for a week, and then…then we come back. A-And, and no matter how horrible, we come back. And, and it doesn’t make any sense but it’s true, it’s true. Because…it’s the end. We’re, we’re only there because…because all of our worlds are gone, and X just…just brought us.”

Truly to anyone else it would appear that the child had lost her poor mind. But the White Queen did not believe so. Still, everything was so confusion. She merely held the girl and let her speak, let her question about Gods. "The only Gods that are here are the ones that we create." The White Queen said. There were no Gods like X here, at least not to the White Queens knowledge.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:11 pm

“Okay.”  So, no gods.  Livewire thought for a moment, trying to figure out in her mind if it would even be worth the effort, trying to call X.  How could she do that?  Just…say his name out loud a few times?    Something like that.   The deity’s introduction to Livewire hadn’t…gone well.   It didn’t make a good first impression when he came into the Sanctuary, disguised as a child, and proceeded to explode.

Yeah, there wasn’t much love gained to be lost for X.

“A band of strangers, brought into a new land in the middle of a two-sided conflict.”   Livewire spoke quietly, almost to herself.   With the Queen here, even though the image of her was like a knife to the optic, she still felt more calm.   Perhaps it was the embrace.   “First encounter is with a creature we had no chance of defeating, only to be saved by the forces that would introduce us to a challenge.   Information about the first major player, but the challenge of protecting the villagers from an assault must be completed before more information can be gained.   Challenge completed, gains passage to the first major player.”  This might be the most ineloquent summary of the events.   Livewire wasn’t here to be a writer right now, she wasn’t here to weave words.  They were in a game and she had to look at it like one or else she’d be lost to the inevitable once more.  

“First Major Player provides information about Second Major Player, provides time constraint.  Second introduction of Thorns, but not enough information to draw conclusions.  Second Major Player tried to kill First Major Player by taking heart.  Bandersnatch was under control of Second Major Player, Bandersnatch had major chest wound, assume that Bandersnatch had heart taken.  Conclude that Second Major Player can both control and kill through taking the Heart.”

“Second Major Player also can create creatures that are combinations of the thorns and organic material, assumed previously existing models of organic material.  Creatures did not attempt to eat villagers or group, assuming under complete control of Second Major Player with purpose to destroy.”   Livewire remained completely still as she spoke.  She didn’t have the need to fidget or move around like she would if she were human.

“Following story logic, knights go and slay “evil queen”, day is saved.”  Her voice shifted slightly, gaining back just a touch of the inflection that it had lost.   “That would be playing by the rules.  We are very bad at playing by the rules.”   Her hands rose, slowly and carefully, so that the child can give a full embrace.

“If we took the Red Queen’s Heart, would it kill her or control her?”
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:18 pm

Livewire wrote: “A band of strangers, brought into a new land in the middle of a two-sided conflict. First encounter is with a creature we had no chance of defeating, only to be saved by the forces that would introduce us to a challenge. Information about the first major player, but the challenge of protecting the villagers from an assault must be completed before more information can be gained. Challenge completed, gains passage to the first major player.”

What was this now?

Livewire wrote:“First Major Player provides information about Second Major Player, provides time constraint. Second introduction of Thorns, but not enough information to draw conclusions. Second Major Player tried to kill First Major Player by taking heart. Bandersnatch was under control of Second Major Player, Bandersnatch had major chest wound, assume that Bandersnatch had heart taken. Conclude that Second Major Player can both control and kill through taking the Heart.”

“Second Major Player also can create creatures that are combinations of the thorns and organic material, assumed previously existing models of organic material. Creatures did not attempt to eat villagers or group, assuming under complete control of Second Major Player with purpose to destroy.”

The Queens brow furrowed, but she allowed the child to continue uninterrupted.

Livewire wrote: “Following story logic, knights go and slay “evil queen”, day is saved.” Her voice shifted slightly, gaining back just a touch of the inflection that it had lost. “That would be playing by the rules. We are very bad at playing by the rules.

If we took the Red Queen’s Heart, would it kill her or control her?”

The White Queen looked at Livewire, speaking to her gently. "Dear child, you should never repeat the crimes that she has done." The White Queen suffered every day because of what had happened to her, to do that to someone else, and to control them? That was just too horrible. "If any death is to happen, it should be swift, no one should be made to suffer, we are better than that, you are better than that."
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:34 pm

The White Queen wrote: "If any death is to happen, it should be swift, no one should be made to suffer, we are better than that, you are better than that."

Livewire felt a spear of shame stab through the calculating mask she had hastily tried to construct.  Of course it was a bad idea, of course she wouldn’t like it.  The femme met the Queen’s eyes with her own guilty stare before her gaze fell away, once more unable to hold.   “I’m sorry.”

She did not believe herself above it, though.   The child had been battered, snapped until she had done horrible things.  From fear, from anger, and from a pitiful attempt of escaping the both of them.   She did not hold herself highly, believed that she would pull the trigger on even those she loved when it came down to the wire, but this was merely because she wished to believe herself strong.   As she saw it, her softness is what harmed her.  Her caring led her to ruin, but no matter how she tried to deny it the child couldn’t snuff the flame completely.

“I’m sorry.   She looked back up to the Queen, and felt very small.  The fear swirled within her like the markings on the wall, but much less tranquil.   “I don’t know what to do.  I don’t want you to die just to leave here.”   She did not wish to die, either.   This wasn’t the world she came from, the lobsters were not coming back.   What if Sonia died here, and never returned?
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Livewire wrote:“I’m sorry.”

"It is alright," The White Queen said soothingly, the poor child could not be blamed entirely for her thinking. It was easy to wish pain upon others, especially when they did harm to others, to you, when they were a threat to all that you held dear. The White Queen herself had wished many a time for something, anything to happen, to hinder the Red Queen, even something horrible. But she could not bring herself to sacrifice her morals and do something that would leave the woman in the same type of pain that she was. And to mind control the Red Queen...

Livewire wrote:“I’m sorry.”

"It is alright, I promise.

Livewire wrote: “I don’t know what to do. I don’t want you to die just to leave here.”

"I will not," the White Queen said with determination. "I promise you this Livewire, I will not die, not until everything else has fallen. I promise you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:20 am