Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

The Sun, Moon and Stars

Post by Aradia Megido on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Time: 8:15 AM
    Date: July 23rd, 2014

Aradia Megido entered the Inner Sanctum, after going to the Garden. Heavy in her skirt's pocket was a gift to the queen. Hoping to add to the offer from yesterday, she also hoped this gift would be accepted.  Last night, the rust blood had trouble perusing through her Ouija Sylladex in the pitch black darkness of the ladies' guest room at night. Although it was cumbersome, she was also given muse, inspiration and creativity, as a new light sparked within her. It would temporarily replace the sun, moon and stars hidden by the bramble. Carefully, she took out her konpeito stash, adoring the little sugary candies that were a guilty pleasure she splurged in. The ram troll used to express her love more openly in the Sanctuary, but then quieted down. Hopefully, she could share the object of her affections. The girl seized every piece of konpeito that was orange or yellow like the celestial bodies and put them in a bottle like this but somewhat bigger before going to bed. She did this after the doctor bandaged all of her shoulders and some of her chest, and treating more minor wounds.

The next morning she found herself with the bottle in her skirt's pocket, trailing after a scrawny dude and a dutiful lobster guard, who was attentive in his love and reverence of the monarch. In a polite distance away from the queen but close enough for only Sonia to hear the child's soft whisper, she bowed. "y0ur charity has been priceless and we can hardly even begin t0 repay y0u h0wever if y0u need us t0 d0 s0mething 0r help y0u defend y0ur kingd0m against the red queen id be m0re than happy t0 0blige" Then she took out the bottle of konpeito and admitted, "i kn0w this isnt much but t0 its imp0ssible t0 see the sun m00n and stars these little candies are made t0 resemble them s0 i want y0u t0 have them if... if..." If you died before you can see them and the thorns are gone, she wanted to say, but she couldn't. However, now the White Queen could say she got a pocketful of stars.

Then the curly horned troll tried to say something else. "if its n0t t00 much t0 ask may i w0nder if the red queen caused y0ur illness may i inquire what y0ur illness is exactly if its t00 rude y0u have all my sincerest ap0l0gies" She didn't want to ask it in public, and it felt a bit awkward to ask it now, but the ram troll's eyes sparkled with hope that maybe she'd be able to find the cure in the Red Queen's kingdom should they go there.

Last edited by Aradia Megido on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: The Sun, Moon and Stars

Post by Hazama on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Ah... it hadn't been long since Garry had told his story to the children. He'd masked it and told the story of Ragna the Bloodedge on his way to Kagutsuchi in order to kill Nu-13. What he'd omitted were that he was a mass murderer and that the only reason Hazama liked such a story was because it had been a long ass time that he'd been looping and he'd had to wait between each and every loop. When Ragna had broken out of it, he had been absolutely, positively ecstatic. It had meant that he had been freed from his prison of time, and that he was able to actually involve himself as after that it had been his time to start winning.

Walking through the castle and towards the Inner Sanctum, Garry decided to talk to Her Majesty, the White Queen. Did he have any idea of what he would ask the White Queen? Of course he didn't! He was just going on and hoping something came into his head. Ah, there was something now. As he walked in, he spotted Aradia talking with the White Queen. He listened to her conversation. The sun, the moon and the stars, eh? All of them could be other planets, or even other Gammas. No-one had any way of knowing.

"I was curious about that as well... I also wanted to ask. How long have you and the Red Queen known each other and resided in these woods?" Garry was curious. It wouldn't technically answer any questions, but it was better than wandering up and asking to hang out like you would with anyone else. He blinked as he wandered over to Aradia, Hibiki the Lobster that he named without consent following him as he walked over. Garry smiled. "Good morning." He was happy to see you! Hibiki was as well. You could make that out on Hibiki's expressionless face!

"Also... if I may ask... I heard that you and the Red Queen used to live in harmony. If you did, what did the Forest look like?"

It may not have been thorns, so... what?
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:49 pm

Her doors opened once more and the White Queen smiled softly, regarding her two guests. She was getting quite a bit of company today. Aradia stepped forward first, thanking her for her hospitality and also resounding the offer that had been made prior, for those in the group to come forward and defend her kingdom. "You need not thank me, it is my duty as Queen to repay those who do my kingdom great service, and to house those who dwell within my kingdom from danger. As for your offering, it is still something I must give some thought to, it would not sit well with me, knowing that I would be sending you all in to danger." All for the war between the Red Queen and she.

The child then presented her with the most curious gift.

Aradia wrote: "i kn0w this isnt much but t0 its imp0ssible t0 see the sun m00n and stars these little candies are made t0 resemble them s0 i want y0u t0 have them if... if..."

The White Queen reached forward to gently accept the small bottle. "Thank you Aradia. It's beautiful." She stared down and smiled at the gift she cradled in her hands. Carefully she set it down beside her on the dais. It would keep her company.

Aradia wrote:"if its n0t t00 much t0 ask may i w0nder if the red queen caused y0ur illness may i inquire what y0ur illness is exactly if its t00 rude y0u have all my sincerest ap0l0gies"

Garry wrote:"I was curious about that as well... I also wanted to ask. How long have you and the Red Queen known each other and resided in these woods? Good morning. Also... if I may ask... I heard that you and the Red Queen used to live in harmony. If you did, what did the Forest look like?"

"It is fine, I do not mind your questions. It is true, the Red Queen and I once lived in harmony, though we did not always agree on methods we respected each other, and the Kingdom while not perfect was at peace. We would meet in person sometimes to speak of trade and exchange words, but one day for reasons unknown to me she became tired with the way things were. The White Queen laid her hand over her chest, she looked as if she was in pain. "She attempted that day to take my heart, she nearly succeeded, but before she could pull it from my chest I used my magic to defend myself. Ultimately I was saved, but the damage done to my body and my injuries refused to heal. Now here I am, my doctors have been able to prolong my life but my wounds are taking their toll."
    Aradia Megido
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 32

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Aradia Megido on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:03 pm

It was a duty for a queen to house those in danger and repay who did a great service to her, but in truth it was also important that they make up for the lives sacrificed against the Bandersnatch. They had been saved, asnd it would be improper to not make up for it. Still, the Queen did have a very valid point. The former Champions sent to fight against the Queen had all died. It was a very large amount of danger right there. However, it wouldn't sit well to just laze around and do nothing in a dying kingdom when they could at least make an attempt to help it. Whether such an attempt helped or not was determined by the amount of thinking and strategy involved in the action. Even so, Aradia Megido wasn't one to force a decision out of an ill woman like Sonia. "please take all the time y0u need"

The ram troll smiled, showing her dimples as the gift was received.

The small bottle of orange and yellow konpeito beautifully contrasted against the whites and blues while retaining gentleness, except adding vibrance and warmth. Although, the rust blood would have wanted to offer something more. "its the least i c0uld give" And there was so much more she hoped to offer. Although brainwashed, Sonia was a kind woman, and the child was sure that the entire kingdom was more than willing to offer the world to her. Who wouldn't? Well, unfortunately, she could name a few cruel exceptions.

Then it seemed that Garry had some questions about the Red Queen and the White Queen before the former had turned. It was more than obvious he had learned more about them than she had; Aradia spent her time conversing in the gardens and Garry had visited the library. Two very differing subjects indeed. For now though, she listened to the Queen elaborate on what she had missed out on. So it was a sudden turn of betrayal, utterly unexpected. Maybe something other than a fickle heart had changed the red monarch. As she explained, the White Queen laid her hand over her chest, as if she was in pain. Worriedly, Aradia took a half-step forward. Was the Queen in pain due to memories or did the subject make it worse? She didn't know. Luckily, the sovereign defended herself and was saved, albeit by a narrow margin, and the wounds unable to heal were eating at her. "y0ur highness if the red queen is s0 p0werful d0 y0u think she c0uld heal y0ur w0unds with her magic als0 why w0uld she want y0ur heart" However, it went without saying that the Red Queen wouldn't want to. It was her that made Sonia look like this in the first place. The Alternian couldn't help but wonder if it was an indirect consequence of the first group's failure in February, but maybe not. In the end, Garry's last question about what the White Queen's forest looked like before bramble infected it was not answered. Maybe it would be answered soon though.

Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Seeing the White Queen's casual attitude towards all of them, Garry felt... well, nothing. She was there to be used for information, in Hazama's opinion. It wouldn't stop him from being kind to her because he had to keep up his little Garry charade, but it would stop him from actively caring on the inside that she looked like she was dying. If this was really the other group's fault for failing the House of Thorns, then... so be it? He wasn't going to cry over something he didn't do, nor did he particularly care about. If they failed and made things harder, then it just meant he had more to deal with and more chances to sabotage the group. No big deal. He just had to not use Phantom anymore. That incident with Grodus was pretty much something he wanted to avoid happening again.

So, she was only alive because the Doctors had elongated her life... well, she was probably gonna croak eventually, then. Probably at the point in the adventure where they needed her to not croak the most, too. Damn, man. It'd probably be better for their party if she didn't buy the farm... Hazama included. He was still curious, though. "I'm sorry to hear that... was the forest still made of thorns when you and the Red Queen were on more peaceful terms?" It was literally just a curiosity question, no hidden meaning at all. May have even just been trees.

"I also wanted to ask... is this world different from the one we came from? Or is it a different chunk of our old world?" Thinking of this... Garry realised something incredibly important. This couldn't not be linked to Portal Breach in some way. Yes, his thoughts answered his own question. This world was modified from Portal Breach, although it may not have been in the same plane as it. How did he know this? Well, it was simple. If this was an entire new world, Garry wouldn't be here. He would be half-faded by now. His link with Diablo was still a thing that was in play, as evidenced by his continued existence and lack of him disappearing.

"I might head to the kitchen after this... I could go for a boiled egg or two." Garry commented to Aradia. This was a nice place, but he was starting to feel hungry. Or, he would be starting to feel hungry if he wasn't walking armagus. Instead, he just really fancied some food. Garry smiled at her and at the White Queen, a wide smile full of happiness. Maybe Hibiki even wanted some food! Yes, that lobster must be getting a bit peckish by now. What a silly lobster! Haha, Garry didn't really give a shit about the lobster. Just odd thoughts.

"I'll leave that for a bit, though."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:21 pm

"Your kindness is appreciated Aradia, it is just a shame that I have such little time... A decision would have to be made, and soon. There were only so many days before her power dwindled and the forces of the Red Queen came forth and destroyed her kingdom. The White Queen turned her head and coughed, pain lancing through her chest as her body shook. It was a short coughing fit, for that at least she was grateful.

"Your gift is more than enough. As for the Red Queen, I do not know if even she could undo what has been done to me, but I do not believe that she would even if she could. The hearts she takes gives her power, the Bandersnatch was not always like this, but the Red Queen took its heart soon after her power corrupted the forest. The Bandersnatch then became a violent monster, it fights now for her. Before it only fought for itself..."

The White Queen took a moment to adjust herself, she would need privacy soon with her doctors, she could feel a faint dampness forming along the line of her ribs. The copper smell once again began to fill the air.

"The forest was not always thorns, once a long time ago it was a thriving place of beauty. One still had to be careful in parts, but it was not a dangerous place. As for your world, I do not know what it was like, therefore I cannot tell you. But please, if you are hungry do not let me stop you from eating. You must not let yourselves starve."
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:14 pm

"Ah, I'm sorry I don't have anything to really offer... I was grabbed last-minute, and didn't really have anything with me anyway." Garry apologised to the Queen. He didn't want to offend the Queen, it seemed, but Aradia was showing him up here! He didn't want to be showed up. Not that he could do anything about it, but you couldn't curb apparent will! Garry rubbed the back of his head, laughing awkwardly as he tended to do around people. Guess it was just a trait of his.

"She takes power from hearts?" Where had he heard of something similar before... not an incident here he'd been involved in, but one that had come through word of mouth... this could prove useful. Then again, it could equally prove to be the most useless shit he'd ever thought of. But if this Red Queen were to take their hearts... well, not that Hazama had a working heart... he would undergo a transformation akin to the one the Bandersnatch had undergone? Would he just become Terumi? That would account for things.

A thriving place of beauty, huh... that made Garry think. Somewhere that this could actually apply to in a useful way came up. "I was thinking. If the forest wasn't always made of thorns, Aradia... isn't it possible that your group didn't affect this as much as you think, or that the entire Red Queen defecting part happened before the entire thorn incident?" He inquired. If what the White Queen was saying was true, the thorns had been what had happened after the Red Queen had rejected her.

Ah... she didn't know. Hazama pretty much had his answer already - ish, anyway. This world was definitely tied to Portal Breach in some way. But, boiled eggs did sound very delicious right about now... Garry looked over at Aradia, then back to the White Queen, and performed a bow once more. "Thank you very much for answering my questions, Your Highness. I do hope you can persevere and that we can save you somehow... we'll do our best, provided you accept our offer." He smiled, turning and walking away, in order to head to the Kitchen.

Boiled eggs were tasty.
    Aradia Megido
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 32

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Aradia Megido on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:14 pm

"it is a shame" When the sovereign remarked that it was a shame she had little time, Aradia Megido lowered her head. Blinking in surprise, she replied to Garry, "its 0k the th0ught matters plus even if y0u cant rewind time we can still d0 whatever we can t0 help her" She knew that she would, and maybe even Garry would join in. Still, time was of the essence, and it only was proved further by the queen's coughing fit, short but also painful. If only the child could use her Time powers soon!

"perhaps we c0uld return the hearts t0 wh0m they bel0ng t0 but first wed have t0 see t0 it that we make past the sea and the threats that lay in wait" the child mused, in thought. Taking hearts and using them to gain power? Something unheard of, but not unthinkable. It was terrifying to face, but Aradia was willing to risk it. Perhaps the group should get some protective gear should they not have it already. It was unwise to go without it, though if the Red Queen was truly as powerful as everyone said she was... Then, a little bit of protection wouldn't hurt, so long as it slowed nobody down.

Sonia had adjusted herself, and the rust blood smelled copper. It was obvious that the visit's end was approaching; she herself had to restrain her stomach from growling and she didn't even like eggs! Boiled eggs, huh? He reminded her of someone... Hopefully, Garry didn't have too much of an appetite! And then he said something that brought a little bit more light into her eyes, that maybe not everything was the previous group's fault. Nonetheless, it was still a problem needed to be fixed. "plenty 0f pr0tein is a g00d start t0 a day 0f getting things d0ne" the ram troll decided, but she wouldn't eat eggs. Maybe beans or something would do.

Now it was time to bid farewell to the White Queen, offering her thanks as well. "as garry had said... thank y0u f0r answering 0ur questi0ns in return well d0 0ur best f0r y0u in whatever ways we can and if theres a way t0 helping y0ur c0nditi0n well d0 0ur best t0 find it if n0t well make 0ne" Once she was done speaking, she looked at the Queen before bowing as respectfully as she can. The Alternian then looked at Garry and followed suit.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:45 am