200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

A Flicker of Light

Post by [ADPT.] Aqua on Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:51 pm

T i m e: 9:30 A.M.
    D a t e: July 23rd, 0004

--------------------------------------

The warm rays of the sunlight blanketed the decaying land mixed with darkness. A soft glimmer of sunlight began to seep through the heavenly windows of the castle, a lovely and intricate design being shadowed along the delicate fabric along the floor of the halls. It was almost difficult to picture what such a heavenly home appeared to shine like before its light was snuffed out to a mere flicker within the dark ruins of the days. Faded colors and designs were faded or broken to not be repaired for such long days to come, and the rooms that had been passed were filled with refugees of all kinds. From men to woman, children to infants... Aqua could only tilt her head downwards as her eyes observed the tattered floor below her.

Her bell sleeves were not present on both arms revealing the skin under. The right arm appeared in prim condition, yet left had been bandaged accordingly thanks to the doctor her majesty provided. Tan gloves were still present on the woman's hands, however. Despite how there was the opportunity to relax for the time being there was no helping the woman staying on her toes. She could not help it after all that had happened, and because of her position and abilities, the amount of darkness lingering about did not cease to pester her with its presence. It was nothing short of troublesome that such an amount was present on this land, and there was nothing the bluenette could do at the present time.

Turning a corner down the hallway, there were two Prawn Pawns standing proudly in front of a familiar door - the very door that the White Queen herself resided behind. The lobsters seemed already prepared for Aqua's presence as the shifted slightly to open the pair of doors. A form of surprise seeming to greet the woman's small form, a momentary lapse of silence passed by before the Keyblade Master bowed her head out of gratitude for their services before entering the humble abode of the White Queen. A warmth greeted the skin as a string of goosebumps formed slowly, a strange blue light greeting a pair of ocean blue eyes along with the ever-so-beautiful designs of the walls around.

There the queen sat surrounded by a form of water as if she hadn't dared to get up from that spot. A near perfect match from the way she carried herself yesterday. A kind and small smile graced her pale form as she welcomed the woman herself into the chamber, her hand motioning for the woman to edge closer. With a jaw tightening by the moments, Aqua did so without uttering the slightest syllable as she neared the sickly royal before. Hopefully, her presence here would not interrupt the many tasks that she would have to see to on this day. Bending down onto one knee, the bluenette bowed her head as her voice was soft - almost gentle as indication of how tired her own being was. However, 'twas nothing compared to the queen's before her.

"Your majesty. I hope you don't mind me visiting you this morning. I wanted to talk to you about the offer that a few of our members gave to you yesterday regarding us helping you... I also wanted to check on how you were doing as well."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A Flicker of Light

Post by Sonia on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Aqua wrote:"Your majesty. I hope you don't mind me visiting you this morning. I wanted to talk to you about the offer that a few of our members gave to you yesterday regarding us helping you... I also wanted to check on how you were doing as well."

The Lady Knight, Aqua wasn't it? Bent the knee to her and asked how she had been. Had she given their proposition much consideration? Was she feeling well? The woman's concern was much touching, and the White Queen motioned for the other to rise. At least from her kneeling position, the girl could also sit if she liked, it would not bother the White Queen.

"Your offer is one that I still feel hesitant about, please do not think me ungrateful. But the danger you would face, it is something I would be hesitant to send anyone to.  As for my health I fear is the same, but it has not noticeably worsened since yesterday. For that I am thankful. Did you sleep well? Were the rooms to your liking? "

The White Queen eyed the bandages on the others arm. "How do your injuries fair?"
    [ADPT.] Aqua
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 15

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by [ADPT.] Aqua on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:16 am

Raising her head for a moment to gaze upon the White Queen's form, the woman had motioned for her to rise. With a nod of her head, Aqua had done so slowly. Despite the originality of standing before royalty, the muscles began to tense up as the bluenette reached the midway point of fully standing. Within seconds the woman had changed her course of action, sitting down in front of the noble with a friendly smile aligning her lips. Her legs had been crossed while the arm that was injured had found being cradled once again as the queen's voice was filled with a hint of warmth and care that spread throughout the chamber.

White Queen wrote:"Your offer is one that I still feel hesitant about, please do not think me ungrateful. But the danger you would face, it is something I would be hesitant to send anyone to. As for my health I fear is the same, but it has not noticeably worsened since yesterday. For that I am thankful. Did you sleep well? Were the rooms to your liking?"

The smile didn't cease to fade from Aqua as her majesty finished her words, a sense of relief seeming to prick at the system at news of the queen's health not worsening since they had last spoke. "No, no. It's alright, your majesty. I understand that you need the time to think. Please, take all the time you need with our offer as I'm sure that it's rather important regarding your decision." The lady knight then shifted slightly in her position, blue locks swaying with her movements as she continued. "It's a relief to hear as well that your health hasn't gotten worse since last night. The worms were comfortable and I did sleep well, thank you. I'm sure the others have, too." The smile on the woman's lips seemed to only grow within that lapse of happiness before the queen spoke up once more in regards to Aqua's injury - her arm. Making a small oval shape with her mouth, ocean blue orbs shifted to observe the bandages wrapped around her arm before returning to the White Queen once more.

"It's better than before, your majesty. You have excellent doctors here."

A thought had then sparked a flame within the recesses of her mind, Aqua seeming to jolt slightly before she softly asked a question to the fellow woman before her.

"Before I forget, your majesty... What did the Red Queen look like? What are her forces like? I'm sorry for asking this out of the blue, but I was just wondering."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:22 pm

"It is important, but sadly I do not have much time to make it, though I appreciate your patience. I will have a ruling for you before the day is done, that I promise you." Time was of the essence after all, and it would not be long now before the Red Queens forest consumed everything, her magic was draining quickly.

"Good. It pleases me greatly to hear that you slept well, and that my doctors were able to assist in easing your pain." The White Queen regarded the nearest doctor to her rather fondly, laying a hand upon its painted shell. She looked back to Aqua as she questioned the Red Queens looks.

"The Red Queens looks? Well I suppose you could say she was of average height. She had red eyes, and black hair that looked like it might eat someone at times." The White Queen said humorously. "She was a rather strong woman, her methods I did not always agree with. But I respected her. I wish she had not done this."
    [ADPT.] Aqua
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 15

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by [ADPT.] Aqua on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:21 pm

Aqua would not deny that it was a relief to hear of the Queen's decision to be given to them before the day proceeded to a close. Despite the complications that may arise for said decision regarding who would stand up to the offer, and who would decline... That was a matter to be tended to when it arose. For now, a discussion was at hand. Despite the small tingle of nostalgia at the lady knight's fingertips, the woman kept her composure with a confident repose. Time was indeed of the essence, and the bluenette desired to gather whatever information that she could receive. Be it little or quite a lot of information, or even the smallest of clues. Anything would count from this point onward, and it was the White Queen herself sitting before her that could quell the lingering doubts and fears within the heart.

A small smile had been found gracing the woman's lips as the White Queen shared her words of reply regarding her doctor, the action of her hand gently placing itself on the lobsters shell only seeming to send a small warmth through the bluenette's heart before word of the Red Queen began. Red eyes, black hair, average height... For a strange reason unknown to Aqua herself, she had felt as if she heard of such an appearance once before. Then again, it had been years on in since returning to the life she once knew - only to never again be in the presence of The Realm of Light. The very thought itself was a sad one indeed, but Aqua refused to falter here when the White Queen was going through much more. Instead, Aqua released a small laugh to indicate that the fellow woman's description was found amusing regarding the Red Queen's hair. However, such a notion of happiness trailed off to a quiet and almost reminiscent smile before the lady knight spoke once more.

"I understand... It sounds as if you two were friends at one point. It's disappointing to hear of this happening to such a beautiful place, and her methods are ones I hope won't befall anyone else any longer." If one were to look closer, there was the smallest hint of determination glinting in those ocean blue eyes of hers. "If I may also point out, we encountered a Bandersnatch upon landing here, your majesty. Out of curiosity, was that creature similar to something the Red Queen herself might have where she is?"
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:01 pm

The White Queen thought over Aqua's words, her head tilting slightly. "Friends perhaps may be a strong word. We had very different methods and opinions on how to rule our separate kingdoms, and sometimes this led to disagreement. But we respected each other, and there was peace." Something she dearly missed. It had been so long since her people had known peace and safety.

Aqua's question was one that the White Queen had asked herself many a sleepless night. "I wish I knew the answer to that, I can only assume so. Those that have gone to try and find the Red Queens castle have not returned, even those that only went forward to collect information. What waits upon the Red Queen's shore, I have no doubts that it is fearsome indeed, but I can not tell you what it is. No one has returned alive, no one has returned at all."

Clearly there was something up, but no one knew what. That just made it all the more frightening, and the White Queen no longer had anyone to spare. There was no longer any time to send someone over to collect information, all of the prawn pawns were needed to guard the castle and what remained of the territory.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:45 am