Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0


    The Outer Wall

    Share
    avatar
    Game Master
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 324
    Join date : 2010-10-17
    Level : ??

    The Outer Wall

    Post by Game Master on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:11 am

    The outer wall was much like the other parts of the castle, still alive if by simply that there were guards that traversed the area and kept watch. From here one could look out upon the lake and at times glimpse pieces of the sunken town when the mist cleared and the murkiness of the water faded just enough to glimpse the darker shapes that now laid beneath.

    The town must have been huge at one point. And so teeming with life. A cool breeze came along the outer wall, brushing against all that walked along it.

    If you turned your gaze further up and looked out over past the lake you would be able to see the remains of the village that you had helped save. It seemed that there was movement, life still thrived in it. The villagers would seem to be putting up more barricades to stave off enemies in the coming night.

    Past the village even further you could see the thorns, laying like a great slumber beast. The forest of thorns stretched out over everything, as far as the eye could see. The sky even looked darker over it, as if the sun refused to grace the forest with it's light.




    (Three may post to the outer wall, first come first serve. No double posting, if you have posted to one subforum /besides the inner sanctum/ you should not post to another so that everyone may have a turn)
    avatar
    Nym
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 428
    Join date : 2013-09-06
    Age : 4
    Location : Wherever needed.
    Level : 41

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

    Re: The Outer Wall

    Post by Nym on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:16 pm

    Nym had a hard time falling asleep, too many thoughts and worries clouded his mind, and what sleep he managed to get wasn't nearly enough as what most would need to be bright and ready for the morning. With the morning there and everyone emerging, Nym sluggishly exited the room temporarily given to him, and began to walk blindly. Though about this time he would be getting breakfast, he wasn't hungry, a feeling in his stomach preventing him from eating. A twisting, knotting feeling. He had to wonder... was this all real? Was it an hallucination? And if it was, who was really pulling the strings here? If this was real, why had he not seen this place before? Or the thorns, the village... so much doubt and questions wandered through his mind.

    His walking brought him to the outer wall of the castle, where a view of beauty and sadness awaited him. Looking out at the scene, he surveyed the area as the soldiers did; the misty lake that surrounded them, the village hard at work preserving what they had left... and the thorns, looming over the horizon, like a plague that slowly covered the world. Again, though... was this all real? Taking in a deep breath, Nym couldn't begin to fathom an answer. Just too much to worry and think about, too many conflicting feelings regarding this entire ordeal.

    Sigh...

    Well... the Digimon sat and allowed the breeze to flow through his fur, he continued to look out at the world laid before him. He would let his mind become blank, empty of worry and thoughts, and just stare... perhaps something would come to mind, or within this meditative state, they would be ready to go do what they needed to, and then perhaps, all would be answered. Isn't that the case usually?
    avatar
    Joshua
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 149
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : SPI; Room 118
    Level : 18

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    36/36  (36/36)

    Re: The Outer Wall

    Post by Joshua on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:30 pm

    Joshua sat upon the outer wall, between the ramparts, out of the way of the lobsters that came and went as was their job. He was aware of being watched, but did not care, as he swung his legs out over the deadly gap that was the outside of the wall. If he were to fall here and actually hit the ground, he would probably not survive, but he wouldn't hit the ground if he fell here. Suicide was not an option this time, the situation was still interesting enough to hold his attention, not to mention difficult to execute given the number of watchers. Either way, Joshua had chosen the outer wall because of the lack of civilians nearby; the volume of mental activity was much lower, especially since the lobster people were opaque to his scans, they gave off no mental static with which to drive him insane.

    So in some bizarre way, Joshua's heaven was perched upon this military structure, looking out over the ruins of a civilization, made so by actions he would find reprehensible, if he were to witness such. All the same, Joshua was unconcerned with this civilization's fall, it was outside his jurisdiction in a way that portal city once was as well. Nym went unnoticed after his arrival, just an additional blip of minor energy, again opaque to Joshua's extremely potent scanning equipment, not exactly a relief, but not unwelcome here.
    avatar
    Lucario
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 31
    Join date : 2014-06-04
    Age : 8
    Location : Wandering the woods.
    Level : 13

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    180/180  (180/180)
    Stamina Bar:
    26/26  (26/26)

    Re: The Outer Wall

    Post by Lucario on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:46 pm

    The Lucario's trek out of the main hall was a walk of thought. What shall he do to help this queen now? There's not much he can do until she gives her word on this ordeal. She's naught but told them that they are to remain here if they wish to help. The whole problem with Daemeon and Garry is far from his mindset at the moment. He's so weak... and yet. Somehow he knows he can help fix things here. His sense of purpose may be askew, but Jackal isn't one to back down from a healthy challenge.

    Besides he's got plenty of life left in this place.

    He walks up to the walls as he thinks, a good heightened view of everything might calm him

    Or not.

    The village from before is in view and he sees a couple others. The white one and the animal looking thing. Jackal's steps are quiet, but not unnoticeable as he adjusts his equipment and hops atop the wall, a claw away from falling off the thing. He's not so afraid of heights, this even feels like the mountain at the peak. Getting over his issues took time and thinking to himself, and at the top of a solitary peak amongst a huge forest is a great place to meditate.

    But for now, he mirrors 'Nym' as he heard the thing was called.

    Sigh...
    avatar
    Game Master
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 324
    Join date : 2010-10-17
    Level : ??

    Re: The Outer Wall

    Post by Game Master on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:47 pm

    A lobster stopped amidst the three adventurers who had decided to come to the Outer Wall, contemplating something for a moment before it turned to look out over the land.  While its eyes could not be seen, they roamed over the surface of the lake then to the village and the encroaching forest of thorns beyond. It was a dismal sight to behold to be truthful, a far cry from what it once was. Still, there was a faint glimmer of hope but where it came from was yet to be known.

    For now however was a time to focus on the present. ”It’s a sad sight, is it not?” Whether they answered or not, it was true. But it did not deter the Prawn Pawn very much at all. ”You should have come when the town was still floating out on the Lake. It glittered like the stars in the sky in the night, a beautiful thing. Everything was a sight to see once. I wonder how the lands across the sea look now…Probably far worse.” The Prawn Pawn shifted, turning its back to the wall to look at the three now. ”Forgive me for asking…but what are you all going to do? Are you…going to go stop the Red Queen from across the Sea?” Could blame him for being curious, the health of their Queen was a pressing concern as the days passed.





    (Three may post to the outer wall, first come first serve. No double posting, if you have posted to one subforum /besides the inner sanctum/ you should not post to another so that everyone may have a turn)
    avatar
    Nym
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 428
    Join date : 2013-09-06
    Age : 4
    Location : Wherever needed.
    Level : 41

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

    Re: The Outer Wall

    Post by Nym on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:07 pm

    This wasn't awkward at all! Three people that knew nothing about each other and rarely spoke in general, and now they're all together.

    Yep! Awkward!

    Luckily, Nym was still stuck in his meditative state and wasn't bothered by the other two. This state of mind was broken by a sound, a voice, unfamiliar, and it brought Nym back as he looked to the voice. It was one of the guards, speaking openly. Nym listened to the guard as he continued to look out and visualize what they were speaking about. Yes, it would've been a beautiful sight, and Nym would not have mind coming around and seeing it before this happened. It then asked what they were going to do, and Nym went blank at this. He had to think about it, because right now, he was doubting that any of this was even real.

    Within this moment of thought, Nym looked deep down, and found a very stern answer to the prawn's question.

    "Yes," he stated, "I'm confident we will. I cannot speak for everyone, and I won't, but myself... I want to help. Even if I contradict my own thoughts with logic or questions, I know the right thing to do would be to assist the White Queen and free her land from these monstrosities. No one should suffer like this, especially when they do not deserve it." The Digimon then fell silent again and let out a low wolf-like growl, much like a sigh, and kept his eyes forward to the horizon.
    avatar
    Lucario
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 31
    Join date : 2014-06-04
    Age : 8
    Location : Wandering the woods.
    Level : 13

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    180/180  (180/180)
    Stamina Bar:
    26/26  (26/26)

    Re: The Outer Wall

    Post by Lucario on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:48 pm

    Lucario's head turns as the prawn pawn enters the scene. His stance only shifting so he can regard the lobster with one eye. These beings next to him as well are just as stoic, however the Prawn is distressed, he can feel the aura about him before he even speaks his mind.

    The Guard's cautious words and question ring with desperation and he sighs.

    His voice rings out to all in earshot.

    To the best of my ability I will defend this place and your Queen. I'm not one to let things like this happen and the ones responsible will pay dearly if I can have any say about it.

    And with that, Jackal turns on the spot and folds his back paws underneath him in a circle. Closing his eyes and reading those around him. It's good to get to know your allies. Too bad he's terrible with being social.
    avatar
    Joshua
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 149
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : SPI; Room 118
    Level : 18

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    36/36  (36/36)

    Re: The Outer Wall

    Post by Joshua on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:55 pm

    Aware of the three sentient animals to the sides and behind him, he didn't let them disturb his rest. None of them registered as part of the buzz inside his head, and their small amount of talk was nothing in comparison to the usual. His companions declarations of assistance to the Lobster were silently questioned, but he would not throw doubt on them, he was no one's enemy here. "I can imagine what it once looked like. I can hear echoes of its beauty through the townspeople down below. Unlike these two, I don't think I will help you, but doesn't mean that much. I won't harm your people either, this is not a fight I would choose to join."

    And with that sobering thought, Joshua lapsed back into silence, leaving the dogs and the lobster to their own musings. They were nice to have around, despite their idealistic outlook, paradoxically. They were calmer than most of the others, and while their opinions would never match up, they at the very least smelled better than his usual company. Sho, Mortis, and Fear stink. Much, much better at that.
    avatar
    Game Master
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 324
    Join date : 2010-10-17
    Level : ??

    Re: The Outer Wall

    Post by Game Master on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:38 pm

    The Prawn pawn listened, silent and unmoving while all three gave their answers and it was frankly interesting in some sort of way. Though he was glad with the first two responses, the third from Joshua did not sit so badly with him. ”I see, I see. If two of you do want to help us. Fighting the Red Queen would have you traversing a Sea. The seas are far more dangerous now.” He mused slightly, a claw reaching up to tap it helmet thoughtfully. It left the Lobster with an interesting choice.

    ”If two you plan on going across the sea I have something that was passed on from my father that might help you. A family heirloom you would say.” As kind as the Prawn Pawns were, there were some things that couldn’t be parted with for free. ”I’d be willing to give it to you on good faith and a small price. It would be of great service on the seas now.” An easier way to sail to the opposing Queen’s land near scot free? It sounded quite good.




    Choices: Purchase the Map or Turn down the offer.







    (Three may post to the outer wall, first come first serve. No double posting, if you have posted to one subforum /besides the inner sanctum/ you should not post to another so that everyone may have a turn)
    avatar
    Nym
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 428
    Join date : 2013-09-06
    Age : 4
    Location : Wherever needed.
    Level : 41

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

    Re: The Outer Wall

    Post by Nym on Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:47 am

    Everyone here had a right to their own opinions, and it seemed, though Lucario was like-minded, Joshua was here merely because. They had been randomly chosen, for the most part, and it wasn't everyone's intention to come here and help. Though, as Joshua stated he wouldn't be against them, it made Nym feel a little more at ease. Between Daemeon's idiocy and Judge Fear and Mortis around and waiting for everyone else to drop dead, it was a little hard to feel confident. The Digimon let out a soft grunt of approval under his breath, but was taken from his state of ease once the prawn began to speak again.

    What was it? A map? That was awfully kind of him, offering them a map to cross the sea safely. Nym turned around more and looked at the crustacean with intrigue, "That is a fine offer you have. I'm sure those who are willing to fight for your land would be appreciative in having this, and making our trip much easier. Please, tell me what you would like in trade for the item. What is your fee?" Nym would surely give this map to either Aradia or Tally; Aradia being very clever and leader-like despite her young appearance, and Tally was a veteran of this place and one Zurg knew. If anyone could get the most out of this item and keep it safe, it would be either of them.




    Action: Accepting the offer.
    avatar
    Joshua
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 149
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : SPI; Room 118
    Level : 18

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    36/36  (36/36)

    Re: The Outer Wall

    Post by Joshua on Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:41 pm

    An offer was taking place behind him on the wall, between the dog atop the crenelations, the dog behind the crenelations, and the lobster also behind them on the 'safe' part of the walkway, given that the purpose of this structure was to fight off invaders, not just to look pretty. It was not an offer made to him, as he had not indicated support of the lobster people or their sickly queen. As it was, he was a non-participant, and remained in the area for relaxation purposes as the deal went on behind him, listening with half an ear while the other remained focused on the whistling of air along the surface of the wall, and below, along the rooftops and through the inevitable thorny vines surrounding the castle. The wind was a wonderful thing, really. So free and capable of so much.

    ---

    Not much going on for the resident pretty boy, so lounging.
    avatar
    Game Master
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 324
    Join date : 2010-10-17
    Level : ??

    Re: The Outer Wall

    Post by Game Master on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:41 pm

    The lobster was glad that the offer was so well accepted. The inquiries were mulled over for a while considering to what price could be laid on such a treasure was something to debate indeed. So the Prawn Pawn gave it some thought before he turned back to Nym. ”For you, good-hearted adventurer. 1,000 pearls even. And worry not for returning it, I know it will be in safe paws.” Considering it the gift that would continue to give in the future.

    While Nym was to debate the price internally, the Prawn Pawn withdrew the map from a satchel on its side and extended it to the Digimon. He did accept it, now all that was left was a matter of payment which was a paltry sum to be honest. But the Lobster was patient and could always wait for an answer for it was worth it in the end of course.




    Choices: Map was purchased. It costs 1,000 Pearls (100 points.)







      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:44 pm