Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0


    Addictions

    Share
    avatar
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

    Petabyte

    Posts : 526
    Join date : 2013-09-04
    Location : Driving
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Addictions

    Post by K.A.R.R. on Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:57 pm

    Judge Fear wrote:"K.A.R.R., that isss enough. You have adequately made your point."

    Alas, it appeared neither of the Judges were interested in debating the matter that was Mortis' lack of logic. While his driver gave a stern command, the other... Well he regressed into hissing like a kettle and parroting his brother's statements at the vehicle's retort. Fair enough, he had decidedly won the argument anyhow. "Very well." He replied, more out of complacency for his self-appointed victory than out of any real obedience. All the more evident if one managed to hear the small smile that was in his graveled voice.

    How did that pie taste, Mortis, humble enough for you?

    In the meantime, the sheep-skulled ghoul managed to make an inquiry of his own to the specter, focusing on what had managed to thwart his prior attempt at eradicating all life upon his planet of choosing. In the meantime, his question had been answered first. Apparently the substance was not effected by light or the sun's radiation at all, in fact it effectively blocked all of it out completely. Interesting. Still recording all that the ghost was saying, he also managed to pick up a little something that was rather intriguing. Not about the Corrodium or Zs'skayr's misadventures, but from the alien himself.

    Upon his chest, the eye that sat there, ever staring, gave a small twitch despite his face's neutral expression. Perhaps the memory of the event still stung him? Regardless, it was evident that the specter was not all as great of an actor as he appeared, for if one face did not say much, that eye certainly was worth paying attention to. Not that the AI would be pointing this out anytime soon. No, he wanted to enjoy this little treat for as long as he was allowed, until the alien grew wise. Afterwards, that familiar smile plastered itself upon his face once again as he explained that his downfall was by one who apparently treated power like a toy. Along with the statement that they were not here on this planet.

    At least not yet, so far as he could tell who this so-called haven saves or damns was completely random.

    Zs'skayr wrote:"In short, the corrodium is durable and cannot be harmed. It merely needs a safe place to be stored, away from people so not to arouse suspicions, and I will continue to bring you your sinners as we have agreed."

    Durable, cannot be harmed and only needed a place to stay... The AI could not help but tell that the alien's request was rather simple, almost as simple as one who was dictating a deal to underlings. Otherwise, the AI's inquiries were satisfied for the time being, as he held no more questions regarding the alien substance. However, he was beginning to wonder about this associate of theirs. Even if everything would potentially work in their favor, KARR had never seen himself as one who was held at one's heel or under the thumb of some so-called superior. That was a position best served by humans.

    His driver held no more questions regarding the Corrodium, but expressed interest in experimenting with it. Predictable given Fear's nature, but at the same time the AI could not help but wonder for what purpose. They all knew what it did to living organisms from what they had seen regarding the cultists, and the specter had noted that it did not have an effect on the non-living or dead. An enigma wrapped in mystery, this Judge. But this veil certainly could be penetrated by the unfaltering gaze of his optics, yes? "I believe I have heard enough." KARR replied, the driver and passenger side doors opening with a click and a low hiss. "I shall be ready to leave when you are." He stated to the two Dark Judges, all too knowing that this talk would not be lasting for much longer.
    avatar
    Mortis
    Petabyte

    Petabyte

    Posts : 942
    Join date : 2014-03-22
    Location : Deadworld
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Addictions

    Post by Mortis on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:30 pm

    Yes, good. The vehicle had been silenced at last. Pity that it had to be done at his brother's command instead of complying to his own replies and evident interest in the computer letting the argument die. Regardless, even with his smug compliance, the ghoul could not find himself a good enough reason to go after the two-tones menace any further. Especially now that his brother was sending over calming thoughts to soothe his seething temper. Yes, let him think the argument was won this day... Judge Mortis could think of a few ways to make the flippant more respectful.

    All of which would bring nothing but sadistic pleasure to the sheep-skulled ghoul. After all, was it not Sam who was handy with fixing damaged wiring? Anything he pulled against the vehicle's circuitry could be remedied easily enough. What were a few wires to his righteous claws... Ah, but then that would only put the talking armory even further into a state of disdain, perhaps outright hatred. The last thing either of them needed was the vehicle deciding that it should toss a few missiles their way. Not to mention his brother would be displeased should he find out, he did keep the car around for a reason after all.

    That aside, it appeared they had nothing to fear in the way of the Corrodium being destructible. It blotted out the sun and the radiation it emitted was enough to be a formidable threat against the living. Speaking of which, with all that Zs'skayr was saying about keeping the substance away from living organic beings, there would be a matter of keeping the cultists away from the stuff. Much like his brother, he debated about keeping the Corrodium in the barn, as the basement was attached to the house and likely would emit radiation through the floorboards. Although, if they kept the substance in the barn, there would be a matter of where to store the vehicle... Ah, like his brother had stated, storage would not be an issue. All the same, he could not help but send an inquiry to Fear.

    We may need to find a new place to keep the vehicle. The cultisssstsss do much of the petty maintenance, and if the vehicle were to become irradiated, likely it would travel to them and perhapssss would draw sssussspicion should we need to sssend it to the mechanic in the city. While the woman apparently had not raised any inquiries about the vehicle or their goings-on so far, it did not hurt to be cautious. Radiation tended to be a red flag for the living. The houssse doesss have a garage or ssshack big enough for a vehicle of itssss ssssize, yesss? Better to get that question out of the way now before they returned to the farm. If not, there was plenty of time to arrange something. A tent or weatherproof cover could be enough to keep the mouthy machine from complaining about having to sit out in the elements.

    Much like his brother and the vehicle, he too had taken note of the twitching eye and the specter's sudden stoic expression. Of course, they both knew what it was like to have to deal with some interloper getting in the way of their plans, or in their case, duties. Thankfully they had not come across any who had similar attributes in this dimension. Even those who would think to stand up against them lacked the might, and tended to roll over onto their backs once they had fought back. In fact, only one had been but a small annoyance, and they had yet to come back after the third time they were destroyed.

    Otherwise, Mortis stood alongside his brother and gave a brief. "My curiosssitiesss have been ssssatisssfied asss well." He rasped. Well, save for one. "When sssshall we be expecting your delivery?" He added after a moment of thought. Keeping in touch was hardly a trifle when one was psychic, and thus was not worth mentioning. Afterwards, he took a small glance back at the two-toned vehicle as it mentioned an interest in moving on, doors opening and awaiting the two Judges to take their seats.

    Soon enough, they would be.

    Zs'Skayr
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 75
    Join date : 2014-03-02
    Level : 1

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

    Re: Addictions

    Post by Zs'Skayr on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:47 pm

    FOR SCIENCE wrote:"but humour me thisss requessst: ssshould you acquire more of thisss corrodium and wisssh to have it ssstored with usss, I would like to conduct further... resssearch on living sssubjectsss. For purely ssscientific reasssonsss, I assssure you."

    "I do not mind... but be mindful of how much you take." This stuff didn't grow on trees, and though it was falling from the sky, it would certainly not last long. If it did, that would be splendid! Everyone nearby would become corrupted... ahh, a beautiful thought, but alas, a rain of corrodium was not to be.

    Mortis wrote:"When sssshall we be expecting your delivery?"

    Zs'Skayr wanted to say "when I acquire more, DUH", but refrained for many obvious reasons. "When the next meteor strikes. There may or may not be a small amount of this floating above the planet that will crash down every so often. This will not last, but I will be the first to obtain it, most definitely. And do not worry about meeting me to receive the substance," he motioned to a rock, flicking his finger as it hovered and snapped, having it disappear. It reappeared and fell elsewhere, behind the Judges, and the specter gave a rather prideful grin, "merely tell me where you will keep it, and I will teleport it there, allowing it to grow." Useful, no?

    "Understand one thing before we depart, however..." a serious tone as Zs'Skayr came closer to KARR and the Judges, his grip upon his scythe tense, "in order for the genocide you wish to happen, I must prepare. This may or may not interfere with our original business of myself collecting your sinners, but understand, that will not be neglected. After all, I've no reason to stop now." If he did, he would've done so quite a while ago. "Now then... I've much to do, things to find, plans to create. I will call upon you when I have some solid ideas." The alien gave the chunk of corrodium a gently pat, almost like it was a child, and hovered backwards quickly, "until our next encounter, kill well." Zs'Skayr disappeared, a hoarse cackle echoing until it was silence, and only the waves and seagulls off in the distance were heard.

    Collection was at hand.




    OOC Note: Zs'Skayr has left the thread. Everyone else may post again and leave. KARR, Judge Fear and Judge Mortis have obtained Corrodium.
    avatar
    Fear
    Exabyte

    Exabyte

    Posts : 1262
    Join date : 2013-09-04
    Location : The comfort of a grave
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Addictions

    Post by Fear on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:07 am

    Judge Mortis wrote:We may need to find a new place to keep the vehicle. The cultisssstsss do much of the petty maintenance, and if the vehicle were to become irradiated, likely it would travel to them and perhapssss would draw sssussspicion should we need to sssend it to the mechanic in the city.

    Ah, yes. He had forgotten about the effects of radiation, and how the particles could easily bypass the house's flooring. What a terrible thing it must be, to live. I do not recall a ssshack or garage, Judge Fear answered, coming to his brother's same realizations. If they so much as suggested that K.A.R.R. take one for the team and idle outside... No, not worth the wretched headache. Perhapsss we may conssstruct sssomething? It will do thossse worthlessss cultissstsss a lot of good by having sssome ssstrenuousss exercissse. And as for the corrodium... We keep the mineral in the barn, was the Dark Judge's preferred choice. And ssshould itsss glow attract too much unwanted attention, we ssseal the building up airtight. Let nothing come into contact with the resssource until it isss time. Aside from themselves and potential test subjects, naturally. And speaking of test subjects...

    Zs'Skayr was not opposed to the idea, but he did express caution. Corrodium was a very limited space rock, apparently. "We ssshall be conssservative," Judge Fear reassured the ghost-creature. Maybe they could find diamond-tipped tools somewhere and collect a few bowlfuls of shavings? It was worth at least one attempt.

    When the next meteor strikes... Cryptic, but understandable.

    Almost as if he were toying with them, Zs'Skayr continued to entertain a few magic tricks with the corrodium sample. It disappeared here and reappeared there, and so forth and so forth. Near-instantaneous teleportation of matter... A strange, but useful, power at the snap of one's fingertips. "We currently have a barn that isss sssuitable for ssstorage," the ghoul hissed. Whether he was impressed by the ghost-creature's self-control could not readily be seen. "Give usss the night to prepare it, however. It will then be sssufficient to houssse the corrodium." Not a word or quip, K.A.R.R. Your needs will be attended to quick enough, after this meeting was adjourned.

    Zs'Skayr wrote:"Understand one thing before we depart, however... in order for the genocide you wish to happen, I must prepare. This may or may not interfere with our original business of myself collecting your sinners, but understand, that will not be neglected. After all, I've no reason to stop now."

    A logical request.

    "Very well." There was little reason to argue, as the ghost-creature had thus far been a reliable asset in their goal to purge this iniquitous world of crime. And, although Judge Fear would rather not develop a habit of postponing the permanent rehabilitation of sinners, this was a case of the longterm grossly outweighing the short. "Take whatever time you need to perfect thisss plan," encouraged the ghoul. "The more precautionsss that are taken and the better it isss conssstructed, the lessss missstakesss we ssshall make." A wonderful objective, wouldn't you agree? Leaping into the fray with hardly a plan of action had failed plenty enough times in the past. It was time to learn and adapt from their previously ineffective blunders! And without a reckless Judge Death to necessarily get in the way of adequate preparation... they could finally do things their way. Oh how he had waited so long for this.

    With a disembodied cackle Zs'Skayr was gone, the coast once again replete with the soothing lull of ocean waves. Ghostly eyes observed the charred remains of the sinners they had purged not long ago, their blackened ashes gently lapped up and eventually brought to sea. Corrodium, corrodium, corrodium... Its eerie glow bathing the area in a faint violet light, Judge Fear was the first to physically apprehend it. He reached out and grabbed the shard, sharpened fingernails pinching it between them. His distorted reflection was surprisingly crystal-clear. "Hmm..."

    It was hard to imagine that something so innocuous and simple could be the source of so much devastation. Such was irony, he supposed. Judge Fear flipped the mineral once like a coin, its hardened surface producing a slight ring!, and it was soon threw to his brother. "We are ready," he hissed, approaching the driver's side. There was the distinct click of a seatbelt and a gentle slamming of a car door, the ghoul getting situated. Now to soothe the vehicle... "Fret not, K.A.R.R.; we will not leave you out to russst in the elementsss. However, we will need to relegate the barn for the time being. I would have preferred ssstoring the corrodium down in the basssement, but my brother hasss reminded me that radiation ssseepsss through a great many thingsss." Still need the cultists, at least for now.

    Looks like they had a busy week ahead of them.
    avatar
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

    Petabyte

    Posts : 526
    Join date : 2013-09-04
    Location : Driving
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Addictions

    Post by K.A.R.R. on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:07 pm

    With Mortis' statement of his curiosity being satiated, that made two of their threesome to be ready to move on from their meeting with the ghost-creature. However, there was one lat thing that needed to be asked before they left. Apparently there was a matter of knowing when the specter would be giving them more Corrodium, to which was replied that they would need to wait for... A meteor?

    If they were going to wait for the celestial bodies to fall upon Portal Breach's surface, that made things rather sporadic. Unless the alien was talking about something else entirely. At the same time, the AI could not fathom what sort of slang that 'meteor' could stand for. Alien ghosts and their odd ways... Perhaps if he could spend more time around Zs'skayr more insight could be gained into his mannerisms. It certainly would fill in a few blanks within his databanks. in the meantime, it appeared that the ghost had more than a storage trick up his sleeves, for he could also teleport objects around.

    In demonstration, KARR observed as the corrodium chunk was moved around in front of them in a mere blink of an eye, too fast for his own optics to get a good lock on it before it reappeared in front of Zs'skayr again. However, someone else had earned the AI's rapt attention soon after.

    Judge Fear wrote:"We currently have a barn that isss sssuitable for ssstorage, Give usss the night to prepare it, however. It will then be sssufficient to houssse the corrodium."

    A barn? No, that was his barn. He parked in it, recharged, and took maintenance within its wooden walls! now they were deciding to go ahead and house the substance in there with him? Honestly the AI could not complain, as radiation did little to nothing to his systems, or so far as he knew. Despite this, the radiation did have effects on certain organics he regularly came in contact with, namely the mechanic Jo Pistonne and the technician Zurg. If the corrodium's radioactive effects managed to pass on to her, he would be out of a top mechanic and a technician to service him. "You do realize I will need to be house elsewhere if that is your decision, correct?" He replied, careful not to mention the two Chop Shop employees.

    Thankfully the specter had noted he would need time to think and plan, so likely the arrivals of Corrodium would be when they would be able to be found. With that said and Fear's own encouraging words, Zs'skayr disappeared with a cackle, leaving only the dark Judges, himself and the ceaseless ebb and flow of the tide. Well, save for the chunk of that highly radioactive substance that Zs'skayr had left for them. His driver plucked that up soon enough, toying with it before handing it off to Mortis. For a moment he thought to object to carrying the substance within his cockpit given its qualities, before deciding to state something more productive. "The Corrodium goes in the trunk, Judge Mortis." He quickly stated, more of a command than an offer.

    No way he was going to let his seats get irradiated from contact with that purple crystalline lump.

    Once Judge Fear was situated in the driver's seat and the door was closed, he soon spoke up once more regarding the barn. Good, so they would not be letting him sit outside like the common car. Good for their sake. However they still did not sound like they had an idea of where they could house him for the time being. As well it was evident that he and his 'brother' had been speaking about this situation where he could not hear. "How kind of him to care." KARR replied, a touch of sarcasm lacing his tone. "Regardless, if a person can build a barn, you and cultists can build a garage." He reasoned. A garage basically was barn on a smaller scale, thus it would be even more efficient and easy to craft.

    Once Mortis had taken his seat alongside Fear, his turbines revved and he drove out onto the road, content to leave the charred remains of the four teens to rot until morning. Certainly the villagers would have a field day figuring out what had befallen them.
    avatar
    Mortis
    Petabyte

    Petabyte

    Posts : 942
    Join date : 2014-03-22
    Location : Deadworld
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Addictions

    Post by Mortis on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:31 pm

    When the next meteor falls... How cryptic indeed.

    His brother's thoughts soon were heard once more within his mind, mentioning that building a new structure for the machine may be in order. Yesss, they could do with sssome exercissse. Especially Josh. Did the fool really expect that his beer-sneaking would go unnoticed? That alcohol was not for the community, it was strictly for judicial business! This of course left the barn to be used as a storage area for the Corrodium. In the meantime, KARR was of course in protest of the situation as it was brought up after Zs'skayr's little magic trick.

    Interestingly enough it reminded him somewhat of their teleporting devices, although this worked far faster than those orbs ever could. There was not even a visible sign of the shard phasing out before it appeared elsewhere on the ground. His eye sockets rest back upon the floating specter as he went ahead to remind them that he would need time to plan out how they would go ahead and exterminate all the living. Understandable, given the circumstances. During that time he would accumulate more Corrodium, and likely by the time they were finished gathering enough everything would be in order.

    That is, so long as all went smoothly. Asss a precaution I believe it would be bessst to ssseal up the barn right away. Already we have had two visssitorsss to the farm, one recurring. Likely if thisss pattern goesss on our plansss will be found out quite quickly. Mortis hissed to his brother, the other ghoul's thoughts becoming more of a worry in the forefront of his mind the more he pondered it. The last thing they needed was some wayward fool stumbling over the farmstead and finding out about the Corrodium. But what to seal it up with... We will need to resssearch what materialsss will be needed in properly containing radioactive material. Mortis rasped soon after, before watching Zs'skayr disappear into the darkness with well wishes and a cackle.

    Yes, kill well indeed.

    Claws curling as his brother picked up the fragment, he patiently waited as he inspected the substance before giving it a flip and throwing it his way. With a light smack against his palm, the ghoul caught it with little struggle before turning to walk back to the vehicle... Who apparently had reservations against it being held in his cockpit. Very well, if the machine wanted to carry it in the trunk, it could be done. Walking around to the back of the Trans-Am, he lifted the trunk lid and deposited the shard within it before soundly closing it up. Now if only it could refrain from making a sarcastic or sassy remark at every turn. "We need to keep thissss low-key, KARR. To allow you to come in prolonged contact with the sssubssstance with how often you are on the move would be detrimental to our plansss." He rasped in reply. There was nothing caring about any of this, vehicle, make no mistake. So far as he cared you were merely a well-armed droid with wheels.

    That said, he slipped into the passenger-side seat and closed the door. Fastening his seat belt the ghoul stayed deathly still as they drove off into the night. They were done here.

      Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:14 am