35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Is it Too Late To Apologize?

Post by Uriel on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:53 am

July 1; 3:00pm

Knock knockknock knock-knock, knock knock!

Uriel's gloved hand lightly raps against the door of Korra's room in the inn, to the rhythm of Shave and a Haircut. The orangeclad revenant stands before the door biting his lip nervously. Nervous? Embarassed? Ashamed? What are these feelings even? Normally things like this don't happen, so he doesn't have to deal with them! But it's about time he righted everything. He made a huge mistake in taking on Niddhogg's presence. Trying to accept the beast as part of him... And he nearly killed people. He most likely would have gone on a rampage across the city and got killed himself! A shudder ran down his back thinking about that. Not a single person would want anything to do with him after that. He tugs on the hem of his black and orange striped shirt, an old but good shirt. It couples with his black jeans with four belts of the same orange as his shirt falling off the sides. He quickly adjusts his headphones, which are playing soft violin musique, so they drape around his neck. Though it's a weird sight to see the Syn'ya without headphones, his current state allows him to take them off... you know... without exploding.

He leans toward the door after he had knocked not but a few seconds before.

"Korra? Hey, it's me, Uriel. You got a second?" He blinks tired eyes. He looks down at his feet, which barely move to the musique playing. He's still a bit slumping and mopey. Ick. He shakes his head and takes a deep breath in before rolling his shoulders. Another song plays, indiscernible to those around him, one that's a bit quicker and up beat. Alright. So maybe this won't be so bad. A small flit of his lips curves upwards just a mite. There we go. Confidence. He could definitely do with a drop of that

Uriel stands before his judge with a grin and a dance in his step. Hopefully he doesn't get an icicle in his teeth! He chuckles at the thought.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Re: Is it Too Late To Apologize?

Post by Korra on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:28 am

Korra leaned back in her chair slightly, her bowl strategically placed between her knee and her chest. One hand held it in place and the other held chopsticks that grabbed noodles and guided them into her mouths easily. One foot was placed in the seat of her chair, the heel balanced on the edge, while the other stayed grounded. These ramen noodles weren't as good as seaweed noodles, but they filled the void that was currently in her belly. They were quite easy to fix too, though she preferred a bit more flavoring...maybe she could experiment with some seasonings next time she made this. Knocking suddenly sounded from the front door, Korra turning her head mid-sip to look, both feet on the floor, as well as all four legs of the chair. "Mm?" Noodles dangled from between her lips and she slurped them up easily. Her head turned down to her bowl as she swished the contents. Might as well finish it up! She brought the bowl to her lips and tilted her head back slightly, the broth and a few stray, small noodles consumed.

Uriel wrote:"Korra? Hey, it's me, Uriel. You got a second?"

The reaction was instant. She gasped into her bowl, contents making their way down the wrong pipe, and she placed the bowl on the table roughly. "Gak!" There were a few coughs and a wheeze before she spoke. "S-sure! Uriel! Just...give me a second and I'll be right there!" She wiped at her face roughly with the side of her wrist before standing and going to the sink, wetting a napkin and wiping her face off more efficiently. She returned to the table and cleaned that as well, before depositing her bowl and chopsticks in the sink and the napkin into the waste basket. Although her choking fit had now been taken care of, except for a stray cough and the strange feeling of ramen broth in her lungs, she still had a visitor to attend to. For a moment, her mind went back to the Uriel, possessed by Niddhog, who wanted to kill her. She had heard however, that he was fine since then! Though she and Uriel hadn't exactly had private time together since then.

She made her way to the front door, telling herself again that he was fine now, probably just wanted to talk, and put a smile of her face before opening it. "What can I do for you, Uriel?" Her eyes looked him over briefly, already noticing some noticeable differences from the man she fought on the shore.
    Uriel
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 28

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Uriel on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:52 am

Uriel blinks and winces at the ruckus coming from Korra's room, cocking his head to the side as it gets quiet. What in the world is going on in there? Is she fighting some sort of monster or something? Uriel worries for a moment, but shrugs and continues his little wiggle to the upbeat musique he's playing. Well, if there's anything going on in there, he'll hear signs of struggle and then he'll go whup some ass!

"Oh...Okay!" his voice flits up cheerfully, she sounds excited to see him! Well that's a good thing. He hopes. Maybe she's scared he's going to try to kill her again! Oh no. He bites his lip a bit nervously. Well that's what he's here for, to get things settled straight and see if he can still be her friend. That's right. Gotta make friends.

He leans on his hip and taps his foot as she appears at the door, and he greets her with one of his signature grins. That no-cares-in-the-world, pure happiness grin. He actually is happy to see her smile, even if he can tell it was painted on before opening the door. The Syn'ya has always been good at reading people, and lately he's starting to understand more advanced social practices... even if he still kind of ignores them most of the time.

"Uhm. Hi Korra!~ Well, I don't know really. I just wanted to come by and see how you're doing. And you know, talk and stuff." And there goes the confidence. What is up with him today? Maybe he actually should figure out social norm at some point. He's been putting it off long enough. He bites the inside of his cheek and itches the side of his head, looking a bit awkward.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:24 am

At least the guy didn't sound aggressive or hostile or...honestly, anything like he had during and directly prior to their fight. It was kinda...scary, in a way. A good kind of scary, but she'd only really spoken to Uriel when he'd been possessed by that dragon thing. She thought his blunt and rocky behavior was pretty nice, she could be pretty blunt herself, though that tune soured during the fight for obvious reasons. Now that she was listening to what Uriel was really like, and looking at him from her doorway, he seemed a lot more like...Bolin. A skinny version of Bolin, but still Bolin. Very bouncy and nice, sweet too. Her smile slipped into a more genuine one at the sight of his smile, realizing that she really did miss the Earthbender and his brother. Especially his brother. All this time and still neither of them had come here.

"You don't?" That did draw a rise of the eyebrow. Though he elaborated a bit, seems he wanted to check up on her, see how she was and talk. And stuff. Obviously not bad stuff since Uriel looked uncomfortable and uneasy, probably the same as herself. She stepped aside and gestured for the young man to enter into her room. "Alright, go ahead and come in! Make yourself at home. Do you want anything to drink?" She offered before closing the door behind the both of them.

"I've been pretty good. Relaxing, training a bit with my bending. And uh...don't worry. You didn't hurt me too much. See?" She held out her arms, flexing and wiggling her fingers. "I don't even have any scars!" Which was good because the burn scar look probably wouldn't look as good on her as it did on Zuko. Her arms folded behind her back casually as she strolled her way over to Uriel. "How about you, are you alright?" She wanted to know how he'd gotten rid of that dragon, but outright asking it was way too blunt, right?
    Uriel
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Uriel on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:59 pm

Uriel perks up only about immediately as Korra became less worried and more happy to see him. Give the guy a bit of attention and he'll take a mile of your sight. Well. Actually no, that's not an understatement.

His musique immediately changes and he puts a bounce and a dance in his step as he nods to Korra and walk on in and take in the room that basically looks the same as his and his brothers except with different stuff in it. Well why would they have the same stuff as him? Recording software, guitars, records and mountains of cds on one side of the Syn'yas' room, and notes, a desk, and an overly organized pile/wall of books on the other. Well to each their own!

"Thanks Korra!" He smiles wide. And oh yeah, that blunt thing? Yeah, that was definitely genuine. Just watch:

He is immediately interested in this 'bending' thing. It must be her power. He remembers it all, he was conscious after all during the fight. He almost shudders in anticipation of seeing burn marks, but she seems alright! Awesome!

"Yeah. Sorry I kinda tried to kill you. It really wasn't my fault all too much." Well that was a bit easily dismis... "Oh yeah! That's it! Wanna rematch? A real one this time without the killy. Just good ole'fashioned facebeating. I figure I owe you." He doesn't sit down on anything. He dances and shuffles a bit in place, only enough for it to be noticeable as he musique becomes exactly hearable.

Yeah, he can't do that sheepish stuff for long.

Apparently he's doing more than fine, Korra. Hopefully you get that out of his distracted speak somehow.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:31 pm

Korra really needed to get caught up on music, all of the music Uriel seemed to play was entirely unfamiliar to her. The new song had an interesting beat to it. Nothing like she'd ever really heard before, but she still found her head nodding to it. It was a welcome change to the loud. angry music he'd played during their fight too. She was almost distracted by the music, only barely noticing his thanks. "Its no problem." Maybe now that he was himself, they could get to know each other without any trouble.

"Hey, thanks for...holding yourself back enough. I might not have been able to get away if you hadn't..." It must have been hard to do that too. Uriel seemed pretty distracted too, and it probably didn't help that she might have been a bit too subtle in asking if he was alright. Though the offer of a rematch put a lopsided smile on her face. "A rematch, huh? I think I'd like that. Especially since I got my earthbending back not too long ago. Oughta be good to test myself in a fight." The way he shuffled and danced about was kinda adorable, and she laughed a bit.

"Are you always this...excited?"
    Uriel
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Uriel on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:08 am

Uriel would indeed be that guy, the one with the musique to catch up on. Since he, you know, pours it out like it's going out of style. The loud angry stuff... well that might resurface sometime in the future, but not now, he's far too happy and, yes Korra, excited. What made him even more excitable was the fact that she's nodding her head to his musique! He clicks his teeth together in a smile no one could contend with. Not many people agree with his musique choices but when he does find the rare person that does it's nothing but glee from this Syn'ya. He turns it down just a bit so the conversation is more prominent in Korra's ears, Uriel's used to his loud musique and somehow gained better context-clue-catching in the process. Too his great regret, so has his brother.

He blinks at her once at the comment. "Well... yeah. I wasn't going to let him kill you. That would have sucked. But I apparently had it under control." He looks down at his arms like 'How did I even do that in the first place?' then shrugs with another smile at the Avatar's direction.

His eyes literally light up and his musique raises in volume for a brief moment as she accepts his challenge.

"Oh SWEET ~WUBWUB~. Oh... sorry. Wait, what's earthbending? Oh nevermind, I'll find out later! Excited? Of course! It's a great day to be alive and not possessed by a dragon! Oh I have a great idea too for our match. Hopefully you like it!~ Tomorrow sound good? Or... Today? Like now?" Social convention just left. I don't think it's coming back either.

Each little spurt of words comes with a little wiggle and Uriel stepping closer to Korra. His eyes shine like a small child's as his mother promises he can go outside and play after dinner or something of that sort. He chews on his lip and scoots back a bit, realizing he's getting all up in Korra's grill. Damn this societal/cultural standards of people space and stuff. The poor guy's never going to get used to it.

He turns his musique down. "Erh... Um. Sorry. Yeah. I get a bit emotional like that sometimes." He rubs the back of his head and breathes easy. However, his shoulders still wiggle with a little dance.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:46 pm

Such a happy little guy. Korra smiled a bit awkwardly and chuckled. "Of course not..." So even when he was...possessed or whatever, Uriel felt strongly enough against killing someone that he could will himself to stop himself from killing someone. Lightly reminded of the accident that nearly happened with Barney, she nodded at Uriel. "If I were stronger maybe I could have helped you out with...him." She had to focus on getting away and not getting killed, which didn't leave much room for staying behind to make sure Uriel was alright. She found herself wondering how he'd gotten that...Niddhog thing out, but decided not to ask outright.

Uriel's enthusiasm was a bit infectious and she laughed again, quirking a brow at him. "Wubwub?" What an interesting word. "I'm excited too. Besides you I haven't really sparred all that much...keep meaning to though." But time seemed to get away from her all the time. Uriel quickly got curious about earthbending, though he seemed content to wait until the fight to see what that was. A lot of what he said seemed to spill out quickly and Korra had to really focus to catch all of it. "Alright, that's fine! Can't really show it in here anyway...yeah, that sounds like a pretty good day alright! Oh you do? Already? That's...fast. Tomorrow is fine. Or um, today! Right now even, that's...fine! I don't have anything planned..." She let out a deep breath, trying to catch her breath again. She still managed to give Uriel a wide grin even as he kept getting closer and closer, his face beginning to remind her of Meelo.

Uriel backed up again and seemed sheepish, and although Korra's body relaxed when he left her personal space she did not seem too disturbed or annoyed at him. "I'd be just as excited if it were me." She had been excited for their first spar after all. "Do you...wanna leave now?" She asked curiously, since he seemed to want to spar as quickly as she could. She really ought to write a note for Sokka first...
    Uriel
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Uriel on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:16 pm

In the event that his excitement is infectious, it becomes moreso towards him. Uriel bounces on his heels and his musique becomes faster and his eyes shine that bright orange of his. He chews on his lips and wrings his knuckles. Turning his head toward his room, he ponders. Does he have some extra gloves? Maybe Korra does. But he has to prepare!

"Alright, if now, meet me at the fight club in two hours!." He holds up two fingers at Korra and turns on the spot.

Behind him, he sends a mini-kinetic burst to accelerate his movement. Not enough to knock anything down, but enough to feel the bass in one's stomach and rattle flatware.

And just like that he's off. Doing whatever it is he has in mind. Excuse any rudeness, he hasn't fought in foreeeever. The whole time he's running to his room, and into his drawers for his fighting gloves, musique bounces off the walls and comes back again after he returns to her room, the door still open. He was maybe gone for three seconds.

"Oh yeah, and if you have protective sparring gear, bring it and stuff. Might be... um... useful?" Uriel smiles widely and shrugs as he hefts a couple buckets over his shoulder (Where did those come from) and wrings his now gloved hands, and then he's off yet again, leaving Korra to try and throw words at him. He's not so mindful or polite is he? What can you really expect from him? Unpredictability, that's what.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:42 pm

"2 hours?" Korra echoed, head tilting to the side as she thought, doing the math in her head. What would that be, about 5? Still bright out, and enough time to get everything in order before she went. Satisfied, Korra nodded. "Okay, 2 hours it is at the Fight Club!" The second Uriel turned around there was some sort of force behind him and he was gone, the Avatar left behind, blinking and trying to shake away the weird feelin in her gut. All of about 3 seconds passed before Uriel popped up once again. "I uh..." She trailed off for a moment before clearing her throat awkwardly and grinning a bit too widely. "Sparring gear, sure! I can rustle something up!" And with some buckets, why buckets, over his shoulders, he was again gone.

"I don't remember him being that fast..." She mumbled to herself as she shut the door behind him and got to work on her dishes. Of course it wasn't like she'd gotten the best, or even accurate first impression of him that day in the Sanctuary. The Avatar smirked to herself as she scrubbed her bowl clean. "All that means is that he's going to make for some good competition." It'd be nice to have a fight with him that wasn't so...dangerous. See how he really fought, and even help to focus her Earthbending. Now excited for her spar, Korra continued to get herself ready, and let Sokka know where she was going, along with the assurance that Uriel was himself this time for sure, and that the fight wouldn't go the way it did last time. She knew that even if it did, Sokka would have her back. The Fight Club was still a part of the City too. It was a safe place to be. Though she'd never been there before...

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:19 am