Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Two Vamps In a Pod

Post by Amalan on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:17 am

DATE: JUNE 3RD, 2014
    TIME: 9:30 AM

Poor Amalan was totally confused. One second he was exploring the wilds of Skyrim as usual, the next he was sucked through a portal and dumped here, wherever this place was. It was a place of foreign and unusual technology unlike anything he had ever seen before. What were these machines that rode about in the roads? How did you get electricity in little glass bulbs like that? Most importantly, though, where in the world was he?!

Amalan was beginning to feel rather uncomfortable. Oh how his skin itched! He inspected his arm and found his skin to be growing somewhat pink in color. Little welts very beginning to form. He started to scratch them, but they only grew worse. You see, this is why he couldn't stay out in the sun for long. Anyone who saw him breaking out like this would think him allergic to it, and that really wasn't far from the truth.

Thinking fast, he hissed to himself as he bolted into the closest building to him. It appeared to be some sort of clothing shop. He didn't care what any patrons inside might think of this, he only wanted out of the wretched sun. His nose turned up as he sniffed the air inside. That smell, he knew that smell. It was the smell of another vampire. Before his turning, he was completely unaware of the fact that vampires had a smell to them. Now that he was one, however, it was always completely obvious if he was in the presence of another one of his kind.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Re: Two Vamps In a Pod

Post by Aya Valentine on Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:37 pm

There were not patrons present, simply the owner of the shop staring from her work at adjusting a rack of clothes at whom had entered the store in a hurry that set of the bell hanging on the door into a fit of chimes. It was an unfamiliar face to be certain and he seemed to be on the slightly odd side as well if she would dare say it. An eyebrow arched questioningly as Aya observed him sniffing the air to which had her a complete loss. Best to sort this all out before jumping to a conclusion. The draculina took a step away from the clothing rack and folded her hands before herself but made no move closer to the stranger. "Good Morning. Is there something I can help you with today? You seem to be either lost or avoiding something." She was unaware to what this man was even if he could tell what she was, as far as she knew he might just be a type of human with a oddity of an eye color.
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Amalan turned to the voice that was addressing him. It was a woman, likely the owner of the shop. The vampiric scent he picked up definitely had to be coming from her, as there was no-one else in the building. Oh no, did she see him sniffing the air? Now that's embarrassing. He nervously scratched behind his head and coughed awkwardly, trying to compose himself to the best of his ability.

"Lost? Definitely. Really, lost would be an understatement," he replied. "I was out travelling as usual, minding my own business when this blue portal thing swallowed me up. Now I'm here, and I have no clue where 'here' is. Where am I, exactly?"
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:24 pm

The draculina simply stood by, watching the man shuffle about himself awkwardly and it left her confused for the most part. But he did agree to being quite lost at the current time and Aya wondered why he would enter a clothiers. Though the short explanation of blue portal had her recalling to all those years ago when a similar occurrence had befallen her as well. Now this meant she was now tasked with a difficult peace of information to dish out and it was never her favored pastime either.

"You are in Portal City, located in Portal Breach in the Gamma-X. A world created and looked after by Portal X." It was a good starting place, or at least Aya thought it was. She wasn't going to be the person that started out with "Your World is Dead" as she found it ruthless and needlessly cruel as well. So she would divulge bits of information at an easier pace to not upset the poor fellow all at once.
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:05 am

"Portal City, Portal Breach, Gamma-X, Portal X, what? These names are all foreign to me. Never have I heard of such places. And this Portal X... What?"

Amalan was dumbfounded, lost in more ways than one now, more than a little confused, completely confused. Was this person even speaking Tamrielic? Never had he heard of such places in Tamriel anywhere. Not in books, not by word of mouth, not anywhere! Maybe he wasn't in Tamriel anymore? This lady wasn't peaking Tamrielic because he wasn't in Tamriel! At this point, it wouldn't surprise him, but he just had to ask.

"You mean I'm not in Tamriel anymore?"
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:21 pm

"It starts out that way, but time changes many things. Portal X is a Deity. This place is what he over sees." Aya was hesitant to simple lay out 'He is God', due to those various religious differences that popped up. So, tread carefully was the best approach. If she had to be quite honest, he was taking it far better than most as most people usually resorted in rage or insistent disbelief. So confusion was a safe reaction, far safer.

"No, sadly you are not. You would be in my shoppe, in Portal City. It is a far throw from your previous residence, I regret to inform you. If you'd like, I can give you directions to a place where you can acquire free room and board, to collect your thoughts." Aya watched to see if the offer settled well with the stranger, sometimes a little peace quiet and rest really aided the adjustment to the new lifestyle. Goodness it had been a long while since the draculina had the one to meet a new arrival right off the bat, usually everyone else had encounter
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:02 am

"Ah, I see, so this one you call Portal X is like the Divines back where I'm from? I guess that makes sense..." Amalan pondered aloud. "And I was beginning to think that I wasn't in Tamriel anymore. I'm glad to know that I'm not crazy."

In truth, the vampiric Altmer had no clue what to make of this whole situation. Sure there were a few people back at home that he would miss, but this was very few people. For the most part, Amalan was a loner, biding his time by traveling the roads and wilds of Skyrim, taking up any job he could find along the way to make himself some coin. But really, being the explorer that he was, he had covered quite a chunk of the province. A change of scene might do him good.

"I would love to hear about this place with free rooming that you speak of. A place where you can sleep for free? Back where I'm from, if you wanted to sleep somewhere for free, you just found a place on the ground and slept. I might not go there right away, though. It might be in my best interest to explore this place a bit, get to know the surroundings."
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:42 am

Much of the phrasing sort of flew over her head, she could assume divines would imply some sort fo deity, one of a more noble stature perhaps. This coming from a person whose sole encounters with a higher power ended with pliantly of sadness and nightmares. Aya would also not be a meter to which she could measure sanity, it wasn't something she'd touch with a ten foot pole. "Similar if only by rank, X is a very...peculiar fellow." And it would be left politely at that.

"Well, it is free with proper lodging such as a beds and other needs are available. Free food being one of them." He wanted to explore? Well good luck to him on that one, she wasn't exactly sure what someone who came from such a radically differing era or place would want to explore a noisy metropolis for. Wait, it was self-explanatory. ”Well, if you do. Be very careful to not harm yourself. It can be a hazard to explore about the city.” It was fair warning and who would she be not to give a word to the wise to a new citizens of the breach.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:44 am