Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Hunting a Beast

Post by Daemeon on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:58 pm

Time: 4 pm
    Date: July 6th

The fading claw marks ran through the labyrinth of sewage tunnels taking every twist and turn possible. It even backtracked a few times. Whatever had taken the girl must’ve not known these passages very well but was fast enough to double back and still not run into Njorth. Along the walls, spots of black goo and fur were pressed into the cracks adding to the trail. Like the claw marks, these patches of hair and slime faded out of existence at a rapid rate. If he were moving slow, Njorth would surely lose the trail if it weren’t for the smell. Even with the stench of sewage, the smell of sour milk and dead fish managed to distinguish itself from everything.

The trail came to an end in a large circular room. Several pipes fed into this room creating a steady flowing river. It swirled around a circular platform. It was on this platform where a large shadowy mass lay. What only could be thought as a triangular head rose and surveyed the area looking for anything. With a deafening screech, the monster leapt into the air and flew into a smaller pipe. All that was left on platform was a single emerald green eye, tattered blue fabric, and the leaflet of paper Dieliala ripped from Njorth’s book. Any matter that made up the beast decayed into nothing. Looked like the girl was lost but maybe there was something else here...
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Re: Hunting a Beast

Post by Njorth on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:41 pm

Whatever the creature Njorth was chasing was, its movements made absolutely no sense. Was this thing trying to confuse him, or was it lost? As well as the claw marks, Njorth was beginning to notice swatches of fur and goop. The strange swatches would disappear as soon as he got a hand on them. He shuddered at the horrible texture.

All that was left to go on was the familiar smell of rotten fish and spoiled milk. As much as he hated to do it, he would have to follow the smell if he wished to find Dieliala. Eventually he came to find himself in a large circular room. He was met with a terrifying beast resting upon a platform. Once he was spotted, the beast screeched, retreating into a smaller pipe. Njorth climbed up onto the platform to find nothing more than an eye, some blue fabric, and the paper that Dialiala snatched from him. He clasped his hands over his mouth in complete shock.

It killed her. That beast killed her, he just knew it! But what was he to do? The pipe was much too small for him to fit in. Njorth had no other choice. He headed for the exit with the intention of alerting the ISOs. They needed to know that this beast was lurking in their sewers.
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:44 pm

“And what would bring a man like you to a place like this?” A war tattered voice spoke from the silence. Out from the shadows of a near by pipe stepped a man dressed in a ragged cloak that concealed his body. He had a blonde hair and one violet eye. The other eye socket was left open and showed nothing but darkness. The man’s skin was crackled like it was made of porcelain but it was tan. “The name is Dylan, Dylan Cross.”

The cloak shifted and revealed an old sword. Dylan was wearing a black leather outfit that was comprised of numerous buckles and zippers. It had many pouches attached to it all a different size. “I wouldn’t go to the police about this. I’ve tried and they found nothing. The monster you were tracking is called the Wolfe. It is from my world. Did it steal someone you love too?”

Dylan did have an inhuman aura radiating off of him. He definitely was material but was he really who he said he was?
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:08 pm

A voice interrupted Njorth just as he was about to leave. He turned to see a strange man with only one eye, who claimed to be called Dylan Cross. He explained that the creature he saw was called the Wolfe. Gods, did this man live down here? How could he stay in a place like this with that beast roaming the place?!

"Did it steal someone I love? No, but I did see it make off with a little girl. I went into the sewers after her and found nothing more than a tattered piece off her dress. I'm certain that it killed her. Did you know the girl? She told me that her name was Dieliala."
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:33 pm

Did Dylan know this Dieliala? Why yes! “Dieliala Smith? As in heiress of the Smith family fortune? She’s here?!” There was shock and excitement in his voice. “I thought I was the only one from my world. If she was here, then I can go home and make a fortune in ransom money.” His single eye was bright with hope and greed before it darkened.

“It wouldn’t kill her. The Wolfe has the ability to replicate any living matter by just touching it. It probably recreated Deiliala’s eye to throw you off its trail. It may be a beast but it can outsmart any hunter.” The questionable man looked up at the pipe the monster had escaped to. “It always goes up that pipe. I’ve been staking out this place for weeks in hopes of catching it off-guard but it senses me every time."
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:48 pm

"Damn it," Njorth swore under his breath. "If only I had been quicker! There's no way I'll be able to chase after it through that pipe. It's much too small to squeeze into."

He shook his head and looked at the ground, defeated. Who knows what that beast could be doing to that poor girl right now? He felt so awful over not being able to do anything to save her, devastated even.

"Wait, ransom money? Don't tell me that you were of the intention of kidnapping Dieliala. Were you the kidnapper that she was going on about?! I'll take you to the authorities right now if I have to!"
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:10 pm

“Psh, not intentionally. I’m a mercenary and hunter. I was here hunting that monster. It killed my family and gave me this injury.” He pointed at the hole in where his left eye should be. “That damned creature fled through a portal while I was hunting it in the mountains outside Cradon. There is a huge bounty on its head. The fact Deiliala Smith is here is an added bonus. If I can get home with her, I’ll be set for the rest of my life!” Currency was the only thing on this man’s mind.

But the two men weren’t only ones in the place. The liquid around them began to bubble. The disgusting brown color darkened until it was black. Eyes of various colors and sizes opened and darted around until they found the men. You could say all eyes were trained on Njorth and Dylan. The bounty hunter drew his sword. “No sudden movements. It’s just searching for food. It can only detect movement.”

Last edited by Daemeon on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:23 pm

"It can only detect movement, so no sudden moves, eh? Hmm..." Njorth pondered aloud. He snapped his fingers. "That's it! Dylan, I have an idea! It's no wonder that the thing never came out with you waiting in such a still fashion. It only reacts to movement, you see. On the contrary, we need to create as much movement in here as we can if we want it to come out. It'll attract the beast and we can take it by surprise! Huh, huh? What do you say to that?"

The Nord was already getting into a fighting stance, ready for whatever was to come.
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:44 am

Dylan gave the Nord a confused look. This guy was going to try and fight something he knew nothing about. Either he was gutsy or just stupid. “You know if this thing touches you, it’ll be able to recreate you at anytime. It’ll even be able to impersonate you!” He turned back to the growing mass of eyes. Rows of teeth began to appear in gaping maws. The beast was baring its fangs. It knew it had prey before it.

“You go! Run! Warn the others! Who knows who’ll be the next victim!” A flare of energy lit up the hunter’s eye and crackled across his blade. He may be a man of greed but he still had some gold in his heart. “I’m not letting anyone else be killed by this beast. If it has Dieliala, it won’t kill her. It’ll use her.”

The sewage water began to rise and shift into forms of many creatures. Ebony feathers grew then broke apart into strands of hair. From there, they hardened into scales then back to feathers. This process was continuous but the eyes stayed the same. Once the dark creature was about to touch the ceiling, a single mouth opened and released a roar. Saliva dripped from its mouth as a long violet tongue ran across the countless rows of teeth.

“Go!” Dylan yelled one last time before charging at the monster.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Njorth stared in complete shock as the creature started to take form before him. He didn't want to leave this man to fend for himself, but he had no choice. The man was right. If anyone was to fight this beast, they would need backup, and that was a thing the two of them just didn't have. The Nord did as he was told and made a run for it. He was going to get help. He didn't care if the ISOs had previously failed to find the thing. They needed to know that this thing was down here, and they needed to do something about it.
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:31 pm

Once Njorth was long gone, the mysterious man stopped attacking and lowered his weapon. “Was that convincing enough for you?” he sighed.

The Wolfe moved close to a wall leaving the center platform untouched. A hole opened up and ascending out of it like he was on an elevator, was none other than Daemeon. His hands were behind his back with a judgmental look on his face.

“Not bad, a little foggy in the middle. You could’ve stressed the importance of not going to the ISO’s a tad bit more. But for a hastily put together performance, it wasn’t too awful.” There was a fleck of annoyance in his voice. “Thankfully we are under the Outer Districts so the ISO’s have no jurisdiction here. Well, shouldn’t.” He walked over to the edge, making sure not touch any of the filthy. Patting his leg, the monster shrunk to a small black orb and floated over to him. “No matter. It was a good test for 001. Like the name you gave it, the Wolfe. Very classy.” He took the orb in hand and gave it a thorough look over. “Still need to fix the decay rate though…”

The man known as Dylan walked up to his master. “Well considering you thought the guy would seek help from the veterans before diving into the sewers, I’d say my idea saved your ass.” He sheathed his weapon. “A thank you would be appreciated.”

“I bet it would but shut your trap,” the demon replied. He was deep in thought. How to fix the decay issue? Right now, it’s nothing more than a biologic mass without a solid energy source. It has to sap energy from surrounding sources. But how to fix that…

Daemeon snapped his fingers. “Come here.”

The empty shell walked over to his master. “What do you want boss?” he asked.

“To evolve you.” The demon grinned as he thrust the black sphere into Dylan’s empty eye socket. The man didn’t cry out or scream in pain. He just stood there emotionless like a statue. “Time to get you back in your cage.”

In a millisecond, they were gone leaving not a trace of them ever being there.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 pm