Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Boredom

Post by Daemeon on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Time: 3pm
    Date: July 6

Boredom, the worst thing about life. Having absolutely nothing to do when you are waiting for stuff to click into place. It was the bane of Daemeon’s existence. He always wanted something to do. More experiments? Nah, he had too many going on at the moment. Between…well, the citizens of the City would find out in due time. No need to spoil it… Hehehehehe…

Daemeon strolled down the center of the street. Literally walking on the lines between lanes like it was a sidewalk. No one had told him not to. Why else would there be a gap between the lanes of traffic? Humans are such weird creatures but easy to manipulate so the demon didn’t question it much. “What to do? What to do?” He muttered as he placed his hands behind his head. The whizzing vehicles on either side of him didn’t bother him. If anything were to happen, he would just vanish. “Maybe I should cause an accident… Nah, then the law would be on my ass. Don’t want that now, do I?” he chuckled to himself. “But what can I do?”

He could always seek out information on a future target. The question was, which target. The city was full of future victims but there were a few that the genius needed. If he was going to pull off the most spectacular performance this place had ever seen, he would need all the knowledge he could get.

Disappearing in a puff of thick black smoke, the demon reappeared on top of a near by light pole. The smoke thickened and rose until it formed a black cloud over the street. With a flick of his hands, Daemeon commanded the cloud to split and engulf the sidewalks in a fog of shadow that reeked of dead fish and old milk. “Let’s see what I can collected.”
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Re: Boredom

Post by Njorth on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:53 pm

Ah, how Njorth loved the weekend. His shop was closed Saturday and Sunday, so today he had the time to do whatever he pleased. Right now, he was finishing off a giant pretzel that he purchased from a food cart a few minutes prior, as well as sipping away on a very refreshing soda. Seriously, whoever came up with sodas was an absolute genius. He wished that someone would've thought of it back on his world.

"Good gods!"

Something in the air had changed, and it reeked of rotten fish and spoiled milk. The horrendous odor was pungent enough to make him drop his drink, spewing soda out his nose as he coughed furiously. The Nord swore under his breath. He was enjoying that soda! He spun around, looking everywhere for whatever could be responsible for releasing this putrid stench.
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Lips curling, Daemeon could sense a foreign presence in his fog. Most of the mundane citizens of this city had dull and tasteless energies in their bodies but there were a select few that possessed unique energies. These people were the ones the demon was interested in. They were the individuals amongst the mindless masses. They were the prizes to be won.

One’s energy revealed a lot about that person. It was what gave a person life after all. Everyone is made individually and for a specific purpose. It could give off emotional and physical information. If was strong enough, a person’s own energy could reveal thoughts. Without even looking, Daemeon could tell that it was man from a frigid environment. A burly man at that. Wonder what his world was like. Oh well, his world is gone but there is him. Twirling his fingers, Daemeon commanded the smoke to swirl around the man. It would invade his nose and ears along with cover his eyes. But it wouldn’t stay long. Seconds later, the smoke would free his senses but there was a small blond hair girl standing before him. The two would be in a pocket of clean air as smoke rushed around the bubble like a rushing river.

“Hi, what’s your name?” she asked in an adorable voice. She couldn’t have been any older than six years old. “My name is Dieliala.” Oh how the demon loved how strong his powers have become...
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Njorth fell to the ground as the noxious mist mercilessly assaulted his sinuses. Luckily he was able to catch himself with his hands, but at the cost of a few painful scrapes on his palms. As quickly as it arrived, the mist dissipated, along with its unbearable fumes. He turned to see a little girl standing behind him. She popped up out of nowhere seemed to be completely unfazed by the strange mist that was present just a moment ago.

"Hi, what's your name?" she asked. "My name is Dieliala."

"I'm Njorth," he responded as he got up, brushing off his robe. "Are you alone? Where are your parents?"
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:48 pm

The petit girl innocently looked at the man. Her pale blue dress was wrinkled and matched the bows on either side of her head. She was barefoot though. Anyone could see the damage concrete can do to a child’s fragile skins.

“I don’t know.” She started. Fear had begun to creep into her mind. Typical child excitement had overridden the rule about talking to a stranger, but this didn’t stop Deiliala from continuing. “Last thing I remember was running down the stairs to see my parents. I stumbled and fell down the stairs. I landed on my feet but I wasn’t home anymore. That stinky fog was around me. I looked around and then I saw you.” She backed away slowly but didn’t dare touch the black smoke. “Where are we Mr. Njorth?”
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:57 pm

"Oh my, so you are lost," Njorth said worriedly. The poor child. Clearly there was something strange about the fog if it was capable of doing such a thing. "We're on Main Street. Where do you live? I could help you find your parents."

He felt so bad for this little girl. Though she was seemingly calm and collected through the whole ordeal, a lost child is always a sad sight to see. He motioned for her to follow him.

"Just stay close to me. You can give me directions, and I can take you back to your parents. How does that sound?"
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:12 pm

The tiny child was hesitant to follow the man. She was alone in a strange city with a strange man. At least she should could figure out they were in a city or something like it? What trade route would be called Main Street? “What city are we in? Is it Cradon? My family owns a mansion in the Upper District.”

Deiliala looked at Njorth once again. He didn’t seem like a bad guy but kidnappers usually had a fake disguise. “Are you a kidnapper? If you are, I’ll scream for the police. Did you use magic to steal me? Are you going to hold me for ransom? My daddy doesn’t take well to kidnappers. He’ll hire bounty hunters to come and kill you dead.”
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Oh dear, he did not recognize the name Cradon at all. Perhaps the child was another victim of the blue portals? How in the world would he explain this to her? She was already scared enough as is, and was even beginning to suspect that he was a kidnapper. Oh boy, this was starting to get complicated. What to do, what to do?

"I'm no kidnapper, Dieliala. I promise. I'm here to help you," Njorth explained, hoping, praying that she would buy it. "Look, maybe we should go to the ISOs? They're like the police around here. They can probably help you better than I can.
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Dieliala thought for a moment. This man didn’t seem to be lying. “Alright, I believe you. You are not a kidnapper.” In actuality, she still didn’t trust him. “I’d rather talk to you instead of the police. They are usually in a gang’s pocket. If any gang heard that the heiress to the Smith family is alone, they wouldn’t stop at anything to kidnap me.”

Keeping her distance from Njorth, she sat on the ground. “I am not leaving this spot until we talk.” Best thing to do when you are not sure, stay put and try to come up with a plan of attack.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Njorth sighed. Oh well, he had to break it to the girl sooner or later. He sat down on the ground next to her. This was going to be fun...

"I'm going to be honest with you. The name Cradon doesn't ring any bells for me at all," he began. "The way you're describing things, it sounds like you were teleported. This is Portal Breach, and that's how everyone here arrived. We fell through a portal and the next second we were here. I know it sounds crazy, insane even, but that's the absolute truth. Cross my heart and hope to die!"

He made the motion of an X over his chest with one of his fingers. Good gods, he probably sounded like a madman to this child.
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:58 am

Giving Njorth a long stare, Dieliala wasn’t sure exactly what he was saying. “So I was teleported here? Well that’s just rude. I was going to go over to Talia’s house for a tea party later. Who is the sick freak that wants to kidnap children and bring them here?” Her face contorted into a frowny face. “I mean, if I don’t go to that tea party, Talia will try and steal my man, Tybalt. His daddy owns a large shipping corporation and my daddy said I’m going to marry Tybalt one day. I’ll never have to work a day in my life.” Oh the joys of being sold off to a husband at a young age.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:32 am

"Oh, it isn't just children who are brought here," Njorth continued to explain. "It's adults, children, and anyone else. I was brought here myself, you see. I was just minding my own business when this blue light appeared in my home. I went over to it to investigate and was sucked in. It led me to this place, and I've been here for a little more than a month now. To my knowledge, there's no going back after you're brought here. I believe this so-called 'portal deity' is responsible. I say portal deity because it's reportedly a very bad idea to say his name aloud. You might very well summon him."
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:00 pm

“Well that guy is a big meanie.” Dieliala crossed her arms. “What a jerk. Why would he do that? What gives him the right to do so?” She pouted and thought for a moment. “Maybe he is kidnapping all the important people and then plans on selling them back to their homes at a high price. Maybe he is really a criminal mastermind that can travel between worlds. What is his name? I want to speak to him. Write his name down. I demand it as heiress of the Smith fortune!” Man, was she a bossy kid. Being a spoiled brat did that to you.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Njorth shook his head and sighed. He was glad to help this lost child, but she was being so annoying, so spoiled. Growing up in a rich household probably did it to her. He pulled out the pen and notepad that he used to make notes of alchemy ingredients in the wild and flipped to a blank page. There, he wrote down in large letters the name, "Portal X."

"That's his name," Njorth said, showing the page to the child. Please, gods don't let her snatch the notepad from him. He did wish to lose it and have to write down all his notes again.
    Daemeon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Daemeon on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Like the spoiled brat she was, Deiliala grabbed the notepad and ripped out the blank page. She tossed the rest booklet back to the Nord. “Good. Now I can go give this guy a piece of my mind.” There was determination in her voice and body language as she stood up. She stuffed the piece of paper in a pocket. “And I am assuming you will not come along since you were afraid to speak this guy’s name.”

Now here is the fun part. Tendrils of black liquid began to reach out from the darkness. They moved at a slow pace before shooting out and wrapping around the girl. In a blink, Dieliala was pulled back it the churning fog, not even a scream could escape her lips. The air pocket flooded with the noxious black smoke once again then the next second, was gone. All of it. Everything had return to normal like it was beforehand. Except for several black scratches on the ground. They looked like claw marks that lead to a storm drain and were fading fast. How would the man react? Surely the news of a phantom kidnapping would spread like wildfire.

Standing on a roof over looking the street, Daemeon had a slip of paper in hand. The corners of his mouth were pulled back as far as they could go. He had gotten some juicy information, not only a name but also a way to contact this god. Definitely something he could do on a rainy day. The best part, depending Njorth’s personality, he could have a future play toy. The man had witnessed the kidnapping of a small child, a greenhorn to this world. Now he had a decision to make, keep quiet and go about his day or try and find the poor girl.

Of course she had been fake, nothing more than one of Daemeon’s projections cloaked to look like a small child. But that didn’t matter. It had played its role perfectly. No glitches or momentary flickers. Everything had run smoothly. “The choice is yours, Mr. Njorth,” the demon muttered as he wrote these new names into his book. “Hunt down the girl and her kidnapper like a hero or forget what happened and do nothing.” Without a trace, the demon vanished but still had eyes and ears in the location to monitor Njorth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:18 am