Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Second Summon...

Post by Kev on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:29 am

Time: 10:54 PM
    Date: June 24, 0005

It seemed like once every few weeks nowadays, something happened that was very...interesting. Today had been the arrival of Ridley in the Sanctuary, the first time in a long time. He'd held himself back, knowing what he and Fear had planned for Ridley and not wanting to tip him off...but he didn't account for Judge Fear waltzing up and asking for weapons of mass destruction. That was already slightly worrying. Ridley had demanded that the Judge do something to prove himself though...and of all things to choose...he chose a simple task. He requested that the Judge kill him. As in Kev himself! While he was in the room! Judge Fear had agreed, and even offered to kill him off permanently. Though the Judge had insisted that he have faith in his friend, Kev could feel some trepidation in his chest. How were they going to go about killing Ridley when he had to seemingly kill Kev permanently? He doubted Ridley would be easily tricked...

Kev trusted Judge Fear, but he definitely wanted to know what the Dark Judge had planned, so he'd know what part he had to play in this. What he may have to do in order to get the end result, that being the death of Ridley. And so it was that sometime after Nym had given Kev a ride home, after a while of relaxing in the cottage and taking care of the animals, Kev decided to take a little walk. He went a good distance away from the cottage, entering more into the heartlands instead. He was not empty handed, however. In his hands, he held a carton of cigarettes. Glancing around one more time, he settled down into the grass, Indian style.

Judge Fear wrote:"Asssk for my name again in the void and I will anssswer you."

It was simple enough...call his name and he would appear. They definitely needed to talk this over...and he'd rather do it here than in the Sanctuary. The alien took a few more deep breathes before focusing hard. < Judge Fear...I hope this isn't a bad time or anything but...we definitely need to talk. >

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Second Summon...

Post by Fear on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Suddenly the wind took a sour turn, the air growing bitter and cold.

Across the rolling plains darted a fleeting shade as it breezed through a gentle meadow on wings of night. The void heard you, Kev, and it heard you loud and clear. Your 'offering' will be accepted in exchange for an audience...

Unlike before, during their first melding together, the alien's second encounter with death was gentle. No chains, no suffocation, no screeching shadows; just a simple pair of ebony hands reaching for Kev's conscious and pulling him... down. Down, down, down into the abyssal wonder that was the psychic mind. One could get lost here indefinitely if they were not careful; fortunately there was a guide to usher the alien to their meeting place. If Kev was expecting to be within the cozy confines of his cottage, however, he was going to be somewhat disappointed.

Grassy knolls were exchanged for gargantuan mounds of bones, trees and plush vegetation replaced by towering remnants of a civilization having long since passed. A city had once been here, gleaming and proud, but no more. Gone were the signs of life as ruin claimed all. Should the alien open his eyes and not mind the overwhelming aromas of organic decay and rust, he would find himself sitting before a building; a building that was unlike any other upon this devastated landscape. It was this world's Grand Hall of Justice, but twisted to satisfy another's warped philosophy... Pay it respect, Kev. Beneath a reddish star with no living soul in all four corners of this hellish world, you could not afford to be inconsiderate. You had a funny feeling that you already knew where you were...

Deadworld.

And if this was Deadworld...

"Greetingsss, Kev, and welcome to the memory of my home," rumbled a deep, ethereal voice. Up ahead stood a tall and accomplished Judge Fear, the ghoul at the top of the Hall's many stairs. At his side was a statue of a man cast in metal, an agonized soul brought to lawful submission; it was an effigy of the very last sinner purged and one the Dark Judges took great pride in. Chains lightly rattled as the undead fiend stepped down the flight, his cape rippling behind. "We had met at your cottage lassst and I wasss your guessst," he hissed. "Now it isss my honour to return the favour." And, perhaps, to show how a just world appeared.

A brewing storm rumbled off in the far distance yet Judge Fear paid it little mind. They were quite common on a world that lacked a hospitable biome. "You sssummoned me, friend. I assssume you wisssh to dissscusssss in great detail of what transsspired in the Sssanctuary?"

Was that a pack of smokes you got there?

Deadworld: a haven for the righteous dead!

Spoiler:

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:36 pm

Kev wasn't entirely sure what to expect. The first time, a shadow had appeared and strangled him with a chain. Would that happen this time too? Probably not since he'd be expecting it...a harsh brush of wind made him pull his cape around him, glancing around. Upon the plains came a shade, one that he kept his eyes trained on as it came closer and closer, the air feeling more and more off. He tensed when it got close, readying himself for the chains, but they never came. Instead he felt something reaching for him, and the feeling that he was sinking down. At least this time he wasn't going to be flat on his face.

There was no cottage, however, that met with his eyes. Buildings were all around, looking like the ruins of a city, and bones were everywhere. Kev tried to focus as he stumbled slightly on the bones, rustling and cracking a few under his feet. "Eeeh...eeeeh!" Rust filled his nostrils, eliciting a slight snort, and decay was thick in the air as well. This was no place he had ever known, so was this perhaps...that city of Judge Fear's? He stumbled on the bones as he moved again, trying to get his bearings and find the Judge. Bones continued to crack underneath his feet, the alien wincing and trying not to notice.

He turned his head around when he heard Judge Fear's voice, blinking slightly. He was at the top of the stairs, looking quite tall and impressive. For a moment, Kev wondered if he had made a mistake. He had, after all, just called out to the very person who had told Ridley he was going to permanently kill Kev. but then again, he trusted Judge Fear. If he did not trust his judgement, he wouldn't have called out to him like this. He'd just have to rely on faith instead of fear. "This is your home? Its...nice....definitely has that flair you and your brother have." He glanced down to the bones in particular, though the ruins of the city were also a nice indication.

The Judge began to descend from the stairs, Kev staring up at him as he did. So he was a guest in Fear's mind this time, then? "Oh, uh...thanks. Its an honor to be your guest." He inclined his head respectfully. His eyes darted quickly in the direction of some storm in the distance before looking back to Judge Fear. "Yes, friend. I trust your judgement, but I'd also like to know what this means for our plans. And also how exactly you're gonna make it seem like I'm dead..." The alien tapped his fingertips together. "Again, I trust your judgement...and, oh! I brought you a pack of cigarettes." He held out the pack for the Judge to grab.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:02 am

It would seem Kev was not overly approving of Deadworld's questionable taste in carpeting...

Kev wrote:"This is your home? Its...nice....definitely has that flair you and your brother have."

"And devoid of all violationsss, asss opposssed to your quaint place of resssidence." It was incredibly hard offering compliments to the undead. Pleasantries aside, the Dark Judge was well aware of Kev's brewing uneasiness; the alien practically reeked of it. Sinners were awfully discernible when struggling against panic gnawing at the backs of their unguarded minds. Kev was no different, far from it, but Judge Fear gave no outward indication of his shrewd perception. Instead, the undead fiend kept the conversation's tone somewhat... casual. If there was one thing he learned from K.A.R.R., it was that certain personalities needed a bit more coaxing before proving worthwhile.

In short, the Dark Judge employed a small dose of diplomacy; a petite one, because staying his hand had its glaring drawbacks. He took the pack of smokes when offered and used one sharpened nail to effortlessly open it, giving the box a shuffle. "You ssseem quite fidgety today, Kev. You're not getting cold feet, are you?" Because that would just be a downright shame, see. After all, the only ones who were allowed to have cold feet in all of this were the Dark Judges; you think these leathery things can retain a single degree of body warmth at this stage? Chuckling and perhaps finding his friend's clammy dread amusing, Judge Fear held up a grotesque fingernail and created a newborn flame from its tip. This was his mind, the Dark Judge lord above all else for all eternity; something as mundane as lighting a cigarette was a joke compared to what the ghoul could truly achieve. There was a long pause as he 'inhaled', spent fumes curling outward from the grating of his helm.

"Mm, you brought the good ssstuff. You have my thanksss," he hissed, puffing away. Now, there was a reason their minds were brought to this union. "Trussst isss good, Kev. Trussst meansss you're willing to carry out with thisss operation. Trussst meansss you're not going to lean upon cowardly traitsss for sssupport." And trust means you're going to help Judge Fear get his weapons of mass destruction to annihilate the entire population of Portal Breach.

This was wisely not spoken aloud or mentally broadcast, the Dark Judge storing such thoughts into a safe place from Kev's psychic capabilities. Can't afford too many chances this late in the game...

...rrrmbl, rrrrmble.

KRA-KOOOOM!
    Lightning suddenly arced across the bleak sky, Deadworld awash in brief fire. The Dark Judge hardly so much as flinched but he did pay attention to the coming signs. Ghostly pupils noted streaks of rainfall not too many miles away, and the fluttering of his cape meant the storm was headed in this direction. "Let usss dissscussss our busssinessss inssside," he suggested. It was not up for debate.

Already the Dark Judge was making way for the Hall's secure interior and at the topmost flight of stairs he turned around to gaze down upon the vibrant alien. Kev was drastically out of place on such a lifeless, drained world. "Unlessss thossse ssscalesss of yoursss are resssissstant to acid rain?"

Assuming the alien was as every neuron smart as he thought himself to be, Judge Fear fully expected Kev to follow suit.

The Hall's interior was no different from the outside; bones composed of nearly everything, from the floor to its ceiling, and there were even Gothic motifs such as chandeliers made of skulls and building supports erected with nothing more than countless femurs. No, this was not a place meant for the living. But it was a secure place, a place that no one could penetrate without the Dark Judge's full cooperation, and soon he led the alien to a vast and gloomy chamber. Upon entering several braziers roared to life, their fires' glow playing tricks of the eyes as shadows wildly bounced around the room. There was a single chair, grand in appearance but smothered in dust, and Judge Fear moved further within the enclosure.

"Do not sssit in the chair," came adamant instructions. "It isss meant for one and one only, and already I have insssulted thisss sssacred place by allowing the living to walk freely." Hold hard, patience! He was doing this for a good cause and one that will further aid their seemingly-impossible goal.

With a soft rustle of his cape Judge Fear pivoted, ethereal gaze and a smoldering cigarette twinkling within the dimness. "Ssso, you wisssh to know more of my plansss for ussss," he began coolly. Very well, Kev. "Ridley isss a basssic creature, fueled by bloodlussst and hisss logic overtaken by the glory of conquessst. Sssimple goalsss for a sssimple mind. He can be tricked and I jussst know how. You, however, will have to undergo sssome training in order to play the part." Another puff, another pleased hiss; the outline of the Dark Judge's helm momentarily illuminated in the haze before fading back into blackened obscurity. "To put it lightly, I am going to kill you. Ssstill your heart, for it isss a clever death and one that ssshall fool any pesssky gadgetry. Your ssspirit will be removed and placed inssside a capable vesssel; mine, I asssume. We will ssshare a hossst temporarily while I keep your ssspirit sssafe. Thisss will leave your body in a comatossse ssstate, all vitalsss ceasssing. No pulssse, no heartbeat, no obnoxiousss sssignsss of life. It painsss me sssomewhat to know that thisss ssstate of being will not be permanent for you..."

Can't have everything in unlife, alas.

"I will be gentle," Judge Fear reassured. Funny, because his tone sounded a pinch dismayed. "My brother ssshall take good care of your corpssse and will sssee to it that no harm, or decay, will come to it. After thisss ordeal isss over, you will be free to inhabit it once more and commit..." Hold. Hard. Patience! "...ssssssin." Ugh, the principles that needed to be sacrificed in order to gain an advantage in their war with the iniquitous living.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:40 am

At the brag about having no violations, Kev tilted his head and glanced down at the scattered bones pieces that littered nearly every area of the ground. "...Really? Not even tetanus?" Bones weren't exactly the most germ free thing to walk around in...imagine what it'd be like to trip into these things. Yergh. He continued to tip-toe around the bones, trying to make something of a path that lead to as little bone destruction as possible. Yet every step still created such a loud crunching that he was beginning to think there was just no way to avoid smashing the heck out of these bones. Judge Fear took the smokes when offered, already opening it up. "Cold feet? Me? Of course not~! Eheheheee...especially not when we're so close. I'm just...not used to so many unburied, dead bodies all around the place...and also Ridley demanding my death was pretty 'out of the blue'..." Guess he was lucky Judge Fear had waltzed up to him rather than someone like Daemeon. One finger lit up with a flame, Kev's eyes drawn to it immediately, and the Judge began to puff out smoke like a train.

"You're welcome, Judge Fear." Yes, trust was good. Without trust, how could they hope to ever get things done? Judge Fear may not seem like a trustworthy guy at first, but he really grew on you after some time. Yet the situation still filled him with some dread, and perhaps that was because of how easily Ridley asked for his death. With him in the room no less! Granted, Kev himself wanted Ridley dead but he wasn't about to just tell someone he'd only then met to go off and kill Ridley, with Ridley less than 5 feet away from him. That just seemed so...cocky. Dangerously cocky. "I'm...willing to carry out this operation, Fear. I trust you." Though the loud crack from the storm made the alien hunch over much like a cat, eyes darting at the storm and staring widely. That was so loud!

The Judge advised they move the talk indoors, the alien staring up at him blankly for a moment before the threat of acid rain was made very clear. "Uh, right." Instantly he began to make his way up the stairs behind him. Up the stairs and into an interior where...more remnants of skeletons awaited them. How cheery. This time, they even made up the infrastructure of the buildings. His eyes scanned all of the skeletons with fearful awe. Was this what a job well done looked like for Fear and his brothers? A lifeless landscape filled with bones? It was honestly quite chilling to look at. Judge Fear had not stopped walking though, so Kev followed behind him and into a chamber, where several fires started to light up the area somewhat. Though it was still rather dark and grim inside. Kev inspected the chair right when Judge Fear insisted he not sit there. Only meant for one person? Was it perhaps Judge Death? He managed a slight nod and decided to just keep to Judge Fear's side. Standing would be fine.

With more of that lovely flair, the Judge pivoted and faced the alien once more. "Yes, please. So that I know...exactly what my role will need to be from here on out with this..." Hopefully not the role of the dead roadkill possum that got run over by a car. Ridley was indeed pretty basic. Wanted to conquest and destroy for no real reason, though at least his reasons of mostly 'liking' it and wanting to do it were better than 'I wanted to see what would happen'. Judge Fear intended to trick him, and already that made the alien's eyes light up. "Training?" To play his part?

Judge Fear wrote:"To put it lightly, I am going to kill you."

He couldn't help it. The bluntness of that statement drew a slight whimper from the alien, though he bit back any pleads and protests. Trust, trust in Judge Fear. Especially because the Judge explained that his death would be a trick. His...spirit, removed from his body and stored within...Fear himself. "A-are you sure? I mean that...that's pretty invasive. I mean, I prefer it to death, definitely, but...you're okay with having me inside yo-err, my spirit, inside y-I MEAN, my spirit, hosted by you?" His eyes bugged out even more as he stumbled over his own sentence, trying to find a way to word that without it sounding so bad. For some reason, he got the feeling that he pretty much failed at that. Oy. At least his body would be in the capable hands of Judge Mortis, the Judge who...made things decay. Somewhat ironic. But, he would merely be removed from his body for a while, before being placed back in.

The alien soaked it in, pacing in a circle. "That's going to get in the way of the job...Nym...my friends are going to be awfully worried when they don't see or hear from me but maybe they won't notice? Nym'll notice...b-but that's okay, we have to do this. We have a window of opportunity here. You can backstab him and we can kill him and you can get your--wait." He abruptly stopped and looked back to the Judge. "What...exactly are your plans for the weapons of mass...destruction?" The name itself didn't exactly inspire much in the way of 'good happy feel times'.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:40 pm

Not even... tetanus?

Puff... puff... puff... Remember, Kev. The undead weren't the best on the receiving end of a joke. Judge Fear quietly observed as the alien kept disturbing at least a dozen peaceful skeletons, his boots clumsily breaking through their brittle ribcages and turning once-wholesome skulls into calcium powder. It was all a very sorry sight, and incredibly unjust to see such law-abiding citizens pulverized. A travesty, really. "Keep up the fancy footwork and their ssspiritsss will be angry with you," he hissed. And do you really want to experience the wrath of over a billion riled souls? When lightning split the sky and the air crackled with anger, Kev got the message just fine.

Fast forward ahead and after the Dark Judge had given his say, Kev's response to his inevitable, but staged, death was a pathetic whimper. "Come now, friend. Dying isss easssy," he reassured, already snubbing out the simmering butt of his cigarette into an awaiting palm. It was shortly crushed into nothing more than cancerous dust, Judge Fear busy igniting his second smoke. "All it really takesss isss a quick peek... Hardly anything worth dreading over. You'd be dead even before your body realized it." Much better than being torched or rotted alive, right? Ah, but the ghoul was digressing. Mortals were far too stubborn to go willingly these days. "However, that ssshall be pussshed assside until your time hasss come. For thisss farce, I will tear your sssoul from itsss very vesssel and Ridley ssshall be none the wissser. Creaturesss that dabble in ssscience and proclaim it sssuperior to the unexplainable make for good sssuckersss." Along with scaly aliens who willingly made friends with Dark Judges...

Clearly wants the D wrote:"A-are you sure? I mean that...that's pretty invasive. I mean, I prefer it to death, definitely, but...you're okay with having me inside yo-err, my spirit, inside y-I MEAN, my spirit, hosted by you?"

An irritated hiss escaped the Dark Judge's helm, his posture shifting to that of a disinterested onlooker. With a frail arm folded against his emaciated chest and his cigarette facing away, the ghoul could only sigh. "Kev," Judge Fear rasped, "do not make me regret thisss decisssion even more than I already do. If you wisssh to actually die, that can happily be arranged. Otherwissse, you will do your bessst to refrain from any further dissstractionsss while your ssspirit resssidesss alongssside mine." If he detected so much as one slip-up, just one, the Dark Judge was going to send Kev's spirit into a very wretched place.

Do you really want that from your friend?

Otherworldly pupils traced the alien's pensive movements, Judge Fear silently enjoying himself in the chamber's dreary recesses. "Ssso then make arrangementsss prior," came a modest suggestion. It ought not to be hard for Kev to, say, take a leave of absence from work and get his societal affairs in order. The most difficult obstacle was getting Nym out of the way. An inquisitive pup...

"Tell the boy that you will be obssserving an alien holiday - make it up if you have to. That'sss what you aliensss do, yesss? Partake in ssstrange ritualsss and undergo bizarre customsss?" A little insensitive on the Dark Judge's part, but, honestly, he was a Dark Judge. His concern was the law and that it was being followed, not niceties to further sweeten one's day. "You are the only one of your kind here; no one will be able to refute your little white lie." Which, by the way, will be earning you yet another death sentence to your list of ever-growing transgressions against the law. Ah, and speaking of little white lies...

Naivety wrote:"What...exactly are your plans for the weapons of mass...destruction?"

Sinner's out of the bag.

Judge Fear loudly snorted, his helm giving it a tinny echo. "Why Kev, I am jussst going to create a wonderful bonfire for all of you wicked criminalsss to dance around and hold handsss, sssinging lovey-dovey campfire sssongsss." One: it was not going to be a little bonfire. And two: the Dark Judge wasn't a fan of campfire songs. Not unless they were funeral dirges, of course. Alas, how to go about this... By now the ghoul was on his third smoke, the pack Kev had brought him not destined to last throughout their connection. "I think it bessst to sssimply ssshow you," he eventually decided after a brief lull.

Not long after the Dark Judge had said those words, everything around them disintegrated into bleary particles; grains of sand tumbling out from one mind and into another. Gone was the harsh atmosphere of Deadworld, the baleful remains of the countless dead having smoothly transitioned to cool, cool grass. Once again nature claimed humanity's folly and a verdant forest loomed behind.

Remember this place, Kev? You were back at the meadow on Portal Breach, its air refreshing as the full moon smiled down upon you. An owl hooted from a nearby oak.

Here was the realm of the living, the only thing grossly out of place being the Dark Judge, and the undead fiend grumbled something or other beneath his figurative breath. Perhaps he was not as delighted in being reminded that Deadworld was nothing more than a figment of his own mind these days. No matter, however. Judge Fear glanced around and began to move, his cape and the nauseating smell of undeath passing the alien. "Thisss way. You will be wanting a good view." What did that mean? Kev shall see soon enough as the ghoul led his friend to a grassy knoll, the gleaming outline of an illuminated Portal City viewable off in the horizon. It looked very majestic at night, didn't it? So breathtaking that someone of a less observant nature wouldn't notice the faint twinkle descending from above...

And then all Hell broke loose.

A blinding flash shocked the sky, Portal City consumed by an angry, spectacular cloud. The nightmarish plume raced upward to challenge God on his throne, a clear head bristling to the four corners as a halo encircled it high above. Silence gripped the meadow but not for long... Holding out what was now his fourth smoke, Judge Fear patiently waited for what was next to come: a devastating shockwave. Rippling toward them at breath-defying speeds, the shockwave hit with little remorse. It blew clear through the meadow and shortly the forest, trees violently uprooted with hapless wildlife promptly incinerated where they stood. There was no time to cry out in pain.

In a split second was an ear-shattering sonic boom, the sound alone enough to induce fainting. The rush came and it went, neither the Dark Judge nor Kev affected by anything both had just witnessed. Everything else, however...

Gone was the city, proud skyscrapers nowhere to be seen in the fiery inferno. Gone were its citizens, no living mortal able to withstand ground zero. Gone was the forest, gone was the meadow, gone were the animals, the clouds, and all the angels in heaven... Gone, gone, gone.

Gone, save for a placated Judge Fear and his now-lit cigarette; the ghoul blowing out a lengthy wisp of smoke.

Together the two stood within an irradiated wasteland, more mushroom clouds billowing further in the distance as the rest of Portal Breach was ravaged in nuclear hellfire. This was what Judge Fear and his brother wanted.

An empty world.
    A quiet world.
    A just world.
    You were going to die, Kev. You were all going to die...

In the awful silence something lightly tapped into Kev's chest, a row of unused cigarettes looking up at him.

"Sssmoke?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:46 am

Oh yes, that was what Kev needed now, angry spirits nipping at his heels. The Judge's warning made the alien let out a slight groan, but otherwise he said nothing. He did agree, after all. Disturbing dead bodies was never a good thing! And uh...crushing bones was definitely disturbing dead bodies.

"Dying is pretty easy..." He'd done it what, 5 times now? 4 at least. He nodded slightly as the Judge started up another cigarette. A quick peek into the helm was all it took for a normal death by Judge Fear, and he preferred it to the other ways he had died. "Tear?" That sounded a little...painful...but it was his spirit. Spirits don't feel pain, right? "That's pretty clever actually, rip me out, make my body seem dead...return me there later. But what about in between? Do I just...camp out right in there with you for a bit?" It was an interesting idea, to be sure. Though he was definitely correct in assuming that his sentence fumbling had gone noticed. Very noticed. And it didn't amuse the Dark Judge much.

"Distractions? Uh, no worries. I won't do anything! I'll...behave in there. Or...or whatever!" Good job Kev, he was already getting annoyed. "Promise. I'll keep to myself in there. Just...stay in my own little area. Make a cozy spot in the corner and leave you to your things. Yep." It likely wouldn't be a good idea to go poking about within him anyway. That was just asking for trouble... At the worries about prior arrangements, the Judge suggested he get his affairs in order. "When are we...going to do this? How much time do I have?" He didn't want anyone to worry, so surely he could just make up an excuse like he was taking a break for...whatever reason. Alien things! Wait, alien things? He quirked a brow at the Judge, but kept his mouth shut. Strange rituals and bizarre customs, because the things humans did weren't odd at all. "Lie to my son, got it...What if he gets lonely? All he has for company there is me and the animals. He's gonna feel so alone, and what if he asks to come along? I'll have to turn him away..." So much lying, but what was the alternative? 'Bye Son, I'm going to go move into Fear's body for a few days, miss you, bye!'. That wasn't going to go over well! "And here I thought a murder deal was going to be easy..." No wonder he didn't usually do this type of thing. But if its for the best, its for the best!

Captain Sarcasm wrote:"Why Kev, I am jussst going to create a wonderful bonfire for all of you wicked criminalsss to dance around and hold handsss, sssinging lovey-dovey campfire sssongsss."

The alien gave the Judge a flat look. Granted, it was a silly question. Weapons of mass destruction, but he'd wanted to hear it from the Judge's own mouth. Er. Helm. Thing. "In that case, I'll bring the marshmallows." He was willing to let it slide right then and there, shove that little issue into the deepest corner of his mind and let it fester into a tumor or something, but then the Judge insisted on 'showing' him. "Aah, that's not necessary! Lets just sit here and talk about faking my death more, yes! Its fine! I get the picture!" Alas however, the environment changed drastically. Gone were the city ruins, the bones and skulls that would make an interior decorator go goth. Instead, however, was a landscape he could appreciate! Greens everywhere, a nice breeze, some flowers, a full moon! And--Owl. He glared in the direction of the hooting, but otherwise took in this lovely little image. It was spoiled somewhat by a nice, ghastly smell as Judge Fear passed by, ushering him to follow along for a good view. "But...but! This is nice!" It was all about to be ruined, wasn't it?

Almost hesitant, the alien followed on his heels to a grassy little knoll that overlooked the City. Some dread started rising up in him as he looked out at the City, taking it in. It looked nice, busy. Thriving with life. But he'd been around the block and he knew that there was no bonfire in the making. Something else was going to happen. And that something came in the form of a bright light in the sky, followed soon after by a dark cloud. Kev flinched, both arms rising up to block his eyes and face from it, and soon thereafter from the shockwave that came rolling in their direction. Though after a few moments, he dropped his arms as neither he nor Judge Fear were affected or even moved by it or anything that had just happened. A boom sounded as well, and as everything began to clear up, the two could see that nothing remained. No signs that the area they had just looked at once carried any sign of life. No sign that anything had survived. No sign of anything coming back or being fixed. A wasteland, far as the eyes could see...and likely some bones that could be used for more buildings.

Kev hugged his arms close to himself as he stared out at the chilling sight. This was what Judge Fear wanted. What Judge Mortis wanted. He couldn't pretend he was surprised. They regularly spoke about wanting to kill everything. But...it seemed so far away. And now...by doing this, he could bring them that much closer to it. He could bring them closer to their goal, a goal that would kill so many people and interrupt so many plans. Tally was right, he couldn't just ignore this. But what could he do? Judge Fear was his friend, but he couldn't change something so deeply ingrained into him. He could either stand by and kill those who would destroy the world alongside him, letting Judge Fear's plans go through because of his loyalty to him, or he could honor his loyalty to others and try to get in the way. And...probably get killed. And...let Ridley hand such things over then. Something thumped his chest, the alien glancing down, initially startled, before looking up at the Judge. "I don't have...a mouth..." He stared at Judge Fear's equivalent of eyes before sharply turning away.

"I started doing these things with you because I wanted to protect the people I love, how can I protect them when I'm going to lead you to...to this?" His eyes turned back to the wasteland, soaking it all in. "We have a deal, and I really like you...but I...I don't want...to make this happen. This is...a good thing for you, I know. You want this. You need this. But...I don't want this. This is...terrifying just to look at, but to be one of the reasons for it happening!" He turned back to the Judge. "I still don't even have much of a choice in this, do I? You and Ridley have already talked, you'll give him either a body with no spirit in it or a body that's really dead and in the end its no difference to you because you get to have...this." Again his big eyes stared out into the empty, dead atmosphere that was going to be his future. Their future. "...Do you have any alcohol?"

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:54 am

What about in-between?

"...Hmm?" Ah yes, yes. Kev was referring to the time where he shall be without a host. "We will be united, yesss. But it will not be like a merger sssuch asss thisss one. You will sssee what I ssssee, you will hear what I hear, and you will be connected or dissssconnected to me in every way that I ssso desssire." In short, Kev will be at the mercy of Fear himself. The ultimate trust test, no? "Fret not," said the Dark Judge after a puff or two. "Ssso long asss you ressspect the sssanctity of my mind and do not go sssnooping where you do not belong, I will not sssubject you to the centuriesss' worth of horrorsss that I have collected over the yearsss." And the ghoul was quite proud of his assortment of Stygian terrors.

Regarding what they were going to do and when, these were also easy to answer. "You will be trained," Judge Fear hissed. This, too, was not up for debate. "In order to sssucceed in our little plan, you will have to massster the art of inhabiting a fresssh vesssel. Not an easssy tasssk but doable neverthelesss." If the Joker could do it, so could the alien. "And we ssshall do thisss when you are prepared. Pay mind, Kev, for once we ssset out to do thisss there will be no turning back."

The alien had all the time in the world, technically. The longer he took, however, the greater the likelihood that Ridley would once again plunge Portal Breach into another catastrophe.

"What sssort of father liesss to hisss ssson?" Judge Fear lightly chuckled and was mildly amused at how low Kev was willing to sink for this little vendetta against the dragon. He really was that desperate, wasn't he? Had to be, if he thought dealing with a Dark Judge was the best idea in the entire universe. Ah, but no matter. Teasing aside, the ghoul nonchalantly shrugged as he further added, "Jussst sssend the boy to ssspend time with hisss other parentsss. You needn't tell him a thing, ssso argue plausssible deniability. Government officialsss do it all the time." And it should come naturally to such a wicked sinner such as Kev. "We'll take care of your preciousss livessstock; there are thossse beneath usss who will lisssten to reassson." What fun it shall be to witness Maurice schlepping away animal feces! And it was for the best, rest assured.

You were helping the Dark Judges do the "good" work, Kev. Feel accomplished!

When the atomic bomb hit and obliterated everything into nothingness, Kev's reaction was predictable; right down to the sudden revelation that he, not Ridley or Daemeon, was going to the lynchpin that set everything into motion. A grim epiphany, and one the undead fiend found incredibly delightful. In all honesty, Judge Fear was a cruel and sadistic person that was not above manipulating others to achieve his end goals. A bully boy was what he had been in life, he and the rest of his brothers, and the ghoul knew little else. Still, he was not as every bit heartless as those ignorant neanderthals made him out to be. And that is why, after hearing how Kev could not join him in a smoking break, the Dark Judge thought to screw around with the alien's mind. "Then let me grant you one," he hissed. A nasty fingernail gently sliced across Kev's face, scales and flesh practically "unzipping" to give way for a... mouth? Yes, a mouth! Complete with teeth, a tongue, and the works!

"My mind, my rulesss. Now take a sssmoke." There was something about the Dark Judge's tone that seamlessly blended playfulness with aggravation... Finished with his little "gift", Judge Fear leaned back upon his heels and inclined his head skyward; used tendrils of carcinogenic toxins escaped through the helm's grating like steam, a faint skull and crossbones apparent in the sickly cloud.

Cold Feet wrote:"We have a deal, and I really like you...but I...I don't want...to make this happen. This is...a good thing for you, I know. You want this. You need this. But...I don't want this. This is...terrifying just to look at, but to be one of the reasons for it happening!"

Just as the Dark Judge knew would happen.

But a patient one Judge Fear was, the ghoul indifferent to Kev's uneasy reluctance. He was in far too deep to pull out now. "You knew what I ssstood for prior to usss becoming friendsss," said a calm, matter-of-fact undead fiend. "Thisss ssshould honessstly come at no sssurprissse." If one were objective, Judge Fear was an absolutely wretched force; a force that seemingly knew no end or permanent defeat. To willingly deal with him was to embrace death itself! Why did you struggle to realize this, Kev? Ah, but perhaps the alien was in love with the more idealistic vision of his armoured friend. A fatal mistake, to be sure...

"You have a choice, Kev. You alwaysss have a choice." For only beings of the higher orders decided to commit sin or abstain. Out of ironic sympathy or bittersweet friendship, the Dark Judge turned to match the alien's gaze and towered before the meek Kev. "You can choossse to continue with thisss ssscheme; I will not force your hand. And you can choossse to deny it, prolonging the inevitable and letting another do the dirty work for usss." Who shall it be? Will it be Lord Ridley with his army of brutish Space Pirates, enslaving the inhabitants of Portal Breach and mutating the promising? Or will it be Daemeon, the chaotic demon bestowing suffering upon the world merely because it was good fun? Who, Kev, who? "You ssstill think thisss death of the world ssso horrible," Judge Fear hissed, tone disappointed, "when you fail to realize that our preferred method isss quick, impartial. My brother and I do not bring about Judgement Day for our sssole amusssement, Kev. We do thisss for you, for the sssinful masssesss of Portal Breach. Thisss isss our professsion. Thisss isss who we are, jussst asss you are obliged to fight for your crimesss." Why, the Dark Judge could no longer fathom, but he knew this all the same.

Judge Fear averted his gaze for the time being and transfixed it upon the molten carcass that was once Portal City, the malaise uplifting from Kev's shoulders. "I will acquire weaponsss of massss dessstruction regardlessss of your decisssion," the ghoul evenly spoke. He sounded distant, perhaps yearning for a chance to finally rest. It did not last for very long, as it was not deemed professional. "But in thisss ssscenario, you have the fortune of earning sssomething for your troublesss: the death of Pirate Lord Ridley. Thisss isss what you want; thisss is what you need. And I, your friend, am pulling ssstringsss to allow you thisss opportunity."

A pause, as the undead fiend shifted his ethereal eyes back to, once again, the only living thing for countless miles. Should he...?

"...Thisss outcome isss not ssset in ssstone." The words rolled out from the Dark Judge's helm like a thick molasses, the ghoul taking careful measures with every syllable spoken. "If you were to help usss with our goal, there isss the dissstinct posssibility that we ssshall... fail." Judge Fear had peered into the minds of those who were scarred; of those who were broken constantly by the ruthless events of old. He knew very well what this unique, eclectic populace of was capable of in times of dire need. Of course he and his brother were going to play for keeps, but they were no strangers to defeat. "You may find thisss posssibility dissstresssing, but asss one friend to another I offer you wordsss of comfort. By choosssing thisss route you have the advantage of knowing how it beginsss, how it continuesss, and how it endsss. You will not have sssuch a convenience with the likesss of Ridley or Daemeon. Already you are privileged." Do you... understand what the Dark Judge is saying, Kev?

Upon asking for a crisp drink, the alien's plea to whet his thirst did not go unheard. A bottle was procured from murky confines of Judge Fear's cape, the liquid within clear and chilled, and he rolled another hand to mysteriously create two fresh glasses. "Russssian," he elaborated, popping the bottle's top off with a hardened fingernail. A glass was poured for both himself and the alien, the Dark Judge filling them up generously.

"You're in bed with me now, Kev," said the ghoul, offering Kev his fair share. "We might asss well go all the way and sssee where thisss friendssship takesss usss."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:01 am

Judge Fear wrote:"We will be united, yesss. But it will not be like a merger sssuch asss thisss one. You will sssee what I ssssee, you will hear what I hear, and you will be connected or dissssconnected to me in every way that I ssso desssire."

Despite himself, the alien openly stared at the Judge. That sounded an awful lot like what most mental bonds on his planet were like. Especially the most intimate ones. He dared not speak it aloud, he didn't even want to know what Judge Fear may think of that, so he'd just pipe down. Instead, he nodded stiffly. If that's what he had to do for this, well then...that would be interesting. Even better since Judge Fear assured him that he wouldn't expose the alien to untold horrors that had been brewing for centuries. "I'll...keep to myself. I won't go snooping or anything, just keep to myself over in my little patch of heaven." A nice little place within the dark, where everything was bright and nice. Judge Fear could even come over sometime for a mimosa!

The alien's head tilted. Trained? Though as he continued, Kev could remember, oh yes, they had spoken of this before. Him, inhabiting a different body to attack Ridley with. A stronger one. Better. Faster. He'd made his peace with such an idea, even considered it pretty interesting, and nodded at the Judge to show that he understood. "When I'm prepared..." For some reason he was thinking this would all happen in like, the next week. If he could properly prepare himself and get all of his affairs in order...that would be good. "Is it okay if...that's a month or two away? So I can get everything in order?" No turning back...made sense. Couldn't really decide in the middle of getting his spirit ripped out that he ought to back out of it. No turning back, no backing out. No dropping Judge Fear and Ridley and running away. "I understand. No turning back from this."

Judge Fear's chuckle and definite amusement only seemed to make his heart sink lower. "A bad one." He'd hardly stand up and say he was the best father. Between Aya, Zurg, and himself, Kev was likely the most flawed parent. He'd killed someone in front of him, he'd...done some other...bad parenty things. Like lying! "He's staying with me during the summer time. Either he'll end up moving back to the city or...I think its more likely that he'll go off on his own for a while. Maybe we could...wait til then...just so that he won't be worried." There was still Marvin to consider, the poor robot. Maybe he could send him to be with Zurg for a bit, since he was his technical creator. The two could have some nice time together, perhaps. Judge Fear and Mortis would take care of the animals then? He mumbled a small "Thanks." and thought about it. The two of them looking after animals...a nice thought, especially Mortis and the sheep. Though... "Careful; Llama spits." Might as well warn him now.

He tried to keep his mind steady on...well, the destruction. He was quite distracted though, when a fingernail suddenly sliced across his face and he felt something forming there. Both hands clapped over the new...formation, eyes darting down and tapping it slightly with his finger tips. Teeth, a gaping moist hole in his face...he'd been given a mouth! He took a cigarette, staring at it blankly before grabbing out a match and striking it, lighting the stick. He took a hesitant puff...and began to cough. "Oh Gods! Its so thick! I can taste the cancer!" How could Judge Fear stomach such a thing?! Well then again...he darted to the smoking helm of Fear, especially the little smoke clouds.

"Its...not that its a surprise. I'm not...surprised. I was just...hoping that maybe I'd be dead by the time you do something like this. I wouldn't have to see it or be a part of it...you know?" The idea of Judge Fear destroying the world like he so feared others would do, was an elephant in the room in his subconscious. He knew it was likely, but tried to deny it because he so liked the Judge's presence and didn't want that to be sullied by the remembrance that oh yeah, I've made friends with someone who's life goal is killing everyone. The two friends looked at each other once more as the Judge insisted that Kev had a choice. It made him feel better, to know that Judge Fear wasn't going to force him into this. Though again, the Judge presented a clear and logical argument. Kev could agree. Kev could decide not to agree. That was the bare bones of his decision.

But when you looked deeper...he could agree. The two of them could kill Ridley, tricking him and ridding him of some of his weapons. He would die. Even if he came back, surely he would feel 'knocked down a peg' and understand that his shenanigans wouldn't be tolerated. He could be killed again, even though they probably wouldn't try the same trick twice. Kev would gain some peace of mind, and a threat would be diminished. He could also disagree, putting off what would undoubtedly come sometime. Judge Fear could not die, and whether it happened now or a year from now, or even 20 years from now, Judge Fear was stubborn and committed enough that he would make this a reality, no longer how long it took. Ridley could also do it himself, he had the weapons after all. The alien began to rub his temples, eyes squinting with effort before darting back to the Judge.

"I understand that, I do. Ridley wasn't quick at all...well, for some people it was quick but others. It...you're right, that was quick and fast and likely painless. We'd all find some peace in death, we'd be without misery, we'd get used to it but at the same time a lot of them don't feel that way. They're...happy and they want to remain that way. They have plans. They don't..." He felt like he was running out of words, and maybe for the moment it was better to just listen anyway. It seemed to make him feel better, to just listen. So Judge Fear would get those weapons some way. The Judge was committed. He looked for opportunity, and he could find it and utilize it. Kev was one such 'opportunity', after all. But that knowledge took some weight off of his shoulders, especially when the Judge pointed out what he'd be getting. Ridley, dead. He wanted it so bad, needed it. For himself and for others. He needed to see that dragon hurt. He'd tried it once, and he'd been killed. He had to try again. Do it better. Succeed rather than fail. No one else could do what Judge Fear could, no one else had the time, energy, nor drive to help him kill Ridley like this.

Even more, there was no definite possibility of this being the last of Portal Breach. The people here were hardy, the Portal would not let such things happen without a care. This didn't have to be the end. The Judge also pointed out that he knew what would happen, this way. It may hurt, may make him lose some sleep but he could take some solace in knowing, because he didn't know what plans Ridley and Daemeon had. They were not as open as Fear was, getting Fear to kill Kev not withstanding. The alien looked up at the Judge, a mixture of emotions clear in his big ole eyes and he didn't speak for the moment, letting a silence grow between the two of them. Russian Vodka was created, Kev taking his glass with a slight nod, staring into the clear liquid for a moment before using his new mouth to take a sip or two, awkwardly passing the cigarette to Fear with his free hand.

The way he drank was awkward, a little out of practice, and some of the vodka dribbled out of the corner of his mouth. He seemed to take the drink in despite that though, eyes closing as his body seemed to relax and it was only then that his eyes opened back up and he looked back to the Judge, and spoke. "So many other people here, if they feel wronged or something, they get to go out and destroy whoever they want like that." The alien snapped his fingers for emphasis. "But not me! No, I can't just leave my cottage and go walk up to Ridley and kill him with my bare hands! I tried that before and I died! I can kill Daemeon and Jak easily, but they're weaker than me right now. When they get stronger, its not gonna be so easy." He took another drink. "Other people can kill others so easily, other people can take their revenge so easily, but not me. Not me. I have to rely on someone else for help. Even now, I have to rely on you. You have to take my spirit into you, you and your brother have to keep my body fresh, you have to train me. I can't do this without you!" He wiped his face with his arm, briefly looking at the alcohol and wondering if that counted as breaking his promise to Livewire.

"I'm in too deep. There's no way to go but down, because at least if I go down, I know where I'm going. I know what's going to happen. I know what's waiting for me. I've made my bed, with you in it. I can't just refuse you. Refuse this. I can keep up the hope that it won't end so badly, and if that hope is...crushed...then maybe the afterlife and everyone else in it can decide what to do with me." At this point he chugged down the drink, until it was empty and he was panting slightly. "You're right, I need to kill him. I need to see him...see him dead. I need him to realize he can't hurt people on a whim. I need him to back down. I need him to stop living! I need him to pay for what he did!" The alien's fingers clenched around his glass tightly as his vision blurred, eyes glossy with a few tears that threatened to shed. "Why...why did I have to die...why did I have to get infected with Phazon...? Why couldn't I have just...lived a little longer...helped kill him with everyone else! Maybe I wouldn't feel like this..." Anger and sadness both roiled deep within him, upset with more than just his plight with Judge Fear. Upset with the past. The alien shuffled a little closer to the Judge until he was pressed up against his side, eyes clenched tightly until he felt like he wasn't about to burst into tears. He turned his face upwards at the Judge, ignoring how lifeless and squishy his body was, how disgusting he smelled, and just looked at the helm of his friend. As it usually was for Kev, being near another body seemed to make him relax. Even if the body was a corpse.

"Better the devil you know, then the one you don't. Right?" It was hard to think up even one person who would agree with his decision. Most people would probably have left Judge Fear, barely bothered to hear him out. With an end goal like that, only an idiot would try to cozy up to him. An idiot, or a naive alien. "If I had to let anyone destroy the world, I'd rather it be you." He was in bed, and he was ready to go all the way.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Kev needn't speak it aloud; Judge Fear was already cognizant of his friend's thoughts due to their mental connection. It just so happened that the Dark Judge wisely decided not to comment, upholding the illusion that Kev was given a sense of privacy. Sinners liked their personal space, you know. "Yesss, you will have your little patch of heaven," the ghoul hissed, concurring. A peaceful refuge in a sea of unending fears... Ought to be quite therapeutic for the alien so long as he kept to his borders. "It will be far longer than a month or two, Kev. Perhapsss... next year?" Even the undead fiend wasn't certain, as his brother and vehicular cohort needed to be stronger. Nothing could be done so long as those two required chaperoning. "Eassse yourssself, friend. If I had my way, I would kill you tomorrow. It jussst ssso happensss, however, that my waysss ssstruggle here. You can enjoy your sssinsss for a little while longer." Who said a Judge of the law could not be generous?

A bad one... That was how Kev viewed himself compared to Nym's other guardians.

"I wouldn't sssay that," said Judge Fear, cancer mingled upon his ill breath. "You ssshow the boy what he needsss the mossst: flawsss. The world isss not perfect and neither are you. Even God, with all hisss divine power, hasss to blink, Kev." And what did the ghoul mean by that, exactly? He lightly tapped his cigarette and sprinkled its burnt ash, enjoying himself in this barren landscape. "I think you are doing jussst fine. Ssshow the boy death, ssshow the boy conflict; ssshow him how the real world worksss, gritty and wrought with sssuffering. There are no happy endingsss, sssimply happy pausssessss. The end isss far more unsssatisssfying than many believe it to be." After having died and promising his immortal soul to justice itself, forever trapped to remain a spirit of the law, Judge Fear was rather... disillusioned with life, the afterlife, and even death. There really wasn't much to any of it, in his humble opinion. Again he exhaled, chest never deflating yet toxic wisps clearly writhing from the mysterious interior of his helm. "You do well enough," he repeated, sounding distant. Well enough compared to the haunting specters within your repressed memories.

Kev wrote:"Oh Gods! Its so thick! I can taste the cancer!"

That reaction alone elicited a coarse laugh from the Dark Judge, the ghoul huffing and puffing with each and every guffaw. "Rookie," he hissed teasingly. The subject changed to less cheerful topics and Judge Fear did not shy away from them. "Oh? And would you like to be dead before all of thisss isss underway?" inquired the undead fiend. Judge Fear knew very well that Kev struggled with the notion of guilt; what sinner didn't? He gingerly pushed aside this so-called elephant and displayed no signs of hesitation.

"But are they truly happy?" Ask yourself this, Kev. Sincerely ask yourself this. The Dark Judge resumed his stare out to the horizon far beyond, seeing the charred remains Portal City's husk as an act of mercy. "Tell me how many were happy during Mr. Dark or Alpha," he quietly hissed. Before the alien could response Judge Fear shortly answered his own rhetorical question, "None. None of them were happy, Kev. Thisss place... Thisss Portal Breach... It hasss robbed you all of your natural worldsss, your homesss, and your universssesss. It isss a prissson, and yet many of you ssstubbornly cling to it. Why?" Here the ghoul had no answer, for his black-and-white mind could not grasp something so undeniably grey. "You could all end your agony by doing the right thing; by embracing jussstice in all of itsss righteoussss benevolence. For yearsss many of you have been prolonging thessse unnatural livesss, thinking that perhapsss one day thingsss ssshall be better. They won't. They never are. There isss life, there isss misssery, and then there isss death. I have experienced all three."

For a while the dialogue between them grew silent, Kev drowning with internal conflict and alcohol. That was quite alright, as Judge Fear was an enduring individual. He quietly opened the grating of his helm with an ancient creak and sipped his vodka with little interruption. Even better, Kev offered his smoke and the Dark Judge accepted it heartily. He was just going to stand here and be at peace with the lawfulness all around, the ghoul within his element for the time being...

Not the alien, however. The alien was consumed with anger and self-loathing, Kev spiraling.

"..."

There was little the Dark Judge could offer in terms of encouraging words, as he simply was not that kind of personality. Nevertheless, he respectfully waited for Kev to peter himself out before speaking. Like an old coffin door creaking shut for the last time, from now until eternity, Judge Fear's grave voice sharply contrasted with the youthful alien's. "Revenge..." he hissed, idly giving his glass a shake. The Dark Judge kept his helm pointed forward, its gates open. "You know, there isssn't much comfort in revenge. Sssame with the afterlife, really. They are both over-hyped conceptsss that mean little once you've experienced them. I wasss once afraid of dying a long, long time ago. Hmph... Thought I would sssee either God on hisss throne or the Devil in hisss pit; sssaw neither, but I sssuppossse that isss the point, isssn't it? They are jussst conceptsss of the mortal mind, fictitioussss conssstructsss devisssed to cope with the unknown. To keep you in fear. No, there isssn't much to either. And that isss why, Kev, you ssshould not govern your life around them, thessse falssse ideasss." Do not live for revenge, the same as you should not live in fear of judgement of the supposed afterlife. The Dark Judge closed his helm after finishing the last of his glass, feeling jaded about the greatest farce of all.

Life itself.

"Do what you feel isss right, carrying with you a ssstrong obligation to unbiasssed morality," the Dark Judge hissed. "You may find my philosssophy twisssted and abhorrent, but you know deep down that isss right; that it isss the preferred outcome weighing againssst the chaotic many. Emotion and sssemanticsss will alwaysss combat logic, both wallowing in their own denial of the one inevitably that ssshall claim all: death. You cannot essscape it, none of usss can."

All the anger, the self-loathing, the regrets and the burdensome sadness that raged within Kev's heart... Judge Fear was not a caring person by any stretch of the word, but being a capable psychic oftentimes forced him to see into another's mind, another's spirit, more intimately than he liked.

And he saw nothing but confused, hurt torment in the alien.

Why do you continue, Kev? Why do you wake up each morning after a tiring night of defeat, thinking that anything will get better? Why do you subject yourself to this unnecessary pain? Why, why, why? All you really needed to do was take a bottle of pills, a glass of water, and go to sleep... That's it, Kev! That's all you needed to do for eternal rest, to be removed from this spiteful existence! Why couldn't you see that this was the way...? Why couldn't you see that they were trying to help you?

A rotten hand reached over, fingertips poised to still Kev's beating heart and end his unending cycle of despair, but they never reached their target. The alien bumped into him and drew close, Kev just...

... wrote:"If I had to let anyone destroy the world, I'd rather it be you."

Kev just not knowing any different, the alien struggling each and every day because he was a captive of the second greatest farce of all.

Hope. Pure, innocent... hope.

Judge Fear's hand rested itself upon the alien's shoulder and discreetly gripped it, Kev drawn a millimeter closer. This was a millimeter, Kev, so don't get antsy. The Dark Judge had a mission above all else, even you and your mushy-gushy friendship, and he was now convinced more than ever that Portal Breach needed to be destroyed. So many of its uneducated inhabitants believed that this was the correct way... that this was the only way. That coinciding with chaotic forces such as Ridley and Daemeon was a perfectly healthy and acceptable way to exist. That they were trapped upon a world with infinite possibilities, and yet denied the very one thing that could wash away all their burdens.

What a sad, horrible lie they had all swallowed...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:14 am

"Next year?" He had been trying not to drag down the Judge's plans but if he thought they'd only be ready next year... "That's...no complaints here. I'll make sure everything's ready for next year, I won't have any big plans or anything that are going to hold you up." There was no telling how long it could take to get trained in taking over a new body, after all. Could be a month. Could be several. And he didn't want to think about what half-trying at taking over a body was like. He could get stuck or something, just all around bad vibes all over, if he didn't train good enough. The Judge urged him to be at ease, he was held back by the way this world was and couldn't exactly just kill everyone like he wanted yet. "Okay..." A little while longer was better than nothing.

He glanced up at the Judge again, a little surprised that he disagreed with Kev being a bad father, though the Judge was right. Not the perfect father, yes, but he was no Phantom. The alien sighed slightly, and nodded. Too many flaws in a parent were obviously bad, but no flaws might make a spawn too naive to the world. God had to blink...? He wasn't entirely sure what that meant, but he could guess. Showing Nym the flaws of the world was a hard thing to do, to accept. As a parent, he wanted Nym's world to be completely fine. Happy. Pleasant. He wanted his world to be grand and full of opportunity, he wanted him to be happy for as long as he could be, but that was unrealistic. The world wasn't like that and maybe the next best thing was preparing him for how the world could be. He wasn't sure what to say, so he just nodded his head again. "You're right." There was room for improvement, but...but he could be a lot worse.

The alien shot the Judge a look, slightly offended but in a more joking way at his teasing. He'd never smoked before, never been around many that smoked either, present company excluded. The question though, threw him for a slight loop. He'd brought it up himself though, but would he prefer to be dead when Judge Fear's final plans happened? "I...I don't know." It was a hard concept to think about. And again the Judge pulled no punches when he spoke, though it was needed. He needed to say these things, just like how he needed to show Kev what his final plans were. To remind him of what he was getting into, what Judge Fear was and was not.

"Some of them might be..." During Mr. Dark, perhaps those who embraced their darker sides were happy. But Alpha? He was hard-pressed to think of anyone who was happy when that happened. Even more, the Judge's words reminded him of those of SIR's. This world was a prison, their worlds had been taken and destroyed. They could have taken them all back, fought back against Alpha and stopped everything. But they didn't. Why didn't Kev? Because he thought that the people he'd met here made it a great place to be, made this place his home. And how many...how many of the people he had been so close to during the Alpha incident, how many of them were gone now? Could he face SIR now, and tell him the same things he had before? "If you could convince everyone of this, you'd have nothing to worry about. Everything you say makes sense. I guess we just...we're so used to things as they are now, they're familiar and we want to stick with what we know. But I don't want to live forever. And I promise you will get to be the one to kill me then. I can't speak for everyone else...I just guess they have more...more hope. And we all have people we have to carry on for." So many of the disappearances that happened on Portal Breach were like a cycle. Thomas left, Terra left, Kefka left, and the trolls left bit by bit until only a few were left. BLACKCAT members left one after the other and now there was only one ex-member. Same for the police force. Groups that were supposed to stick together through thick and thin began to dwindle, and maybe the groups left behind refused to do the same.

The silence had now switched, the Judge listening while Kev spoke, though there was a blatant difference in what they had been speaking of. The Judge had been assuring Kev, telling him that even though this image before them seemed terrible that it was not so. And it was not written in stone. Even though he could help lead to this situation, it was one that would have happened anyway, with or without his help. The Judge was explaining and even possibly trying to make him feel better. The alien...he wasn't even sure what the purpose was behind his own rambling. He was just so tired, so angry. And for some reason it felt easier to get these words out in front of the Dark Judge than anybody else he so trusted and cared for. When the Dark Judge spoke, he listened. Revenge...revenge was such a strange thing.

"When I first tried to fight Ridley and failed, when I died, I thought I knew better. I thought I had learned that revenge did nothing. That it just lead to more death, in a cycle that didn't end. If I didn't die, I would have killed him and he may have tried killing me again. But...it didn't make it any easier to see him. That he...that he gets to sit around and try to set skeleton cats on fire! He gets to be here and we don't know what he's doing when he's alone. I believe that people can change, but I also know some people won't change, and keeping him around is a ticking timebomb..." Revenge could blind someone, but it could also focus. And he hated that dragon so much. But the Judge had a point, if he did this for revenge it wouldn't be satisfying. And what would he stoop to the next time he felt the need to take revenge? Would he kill someone like Jak for being annoying because it was revenge?

"What feels right...is still the idea of people like Ridley not being here. Daemeon as well. Just...people who want to destroy this place because they 'want' to. We've had so many people do that already. I want to prevent it! Even...even if it does actually end up leading to it anyway." This wasteland, would be their future one day. He couldn't stop everything. He couldn't change everyone's mind. "I wish I could say you are wrong but...you aren't. We can escape death here, but not for long. Jak couldn't escape it, and one day I won't be able to either. This place is balance, for every good thing there are bad things. What if a very great thing could happen that would be so good, that it can trigger...this." He swept his arm out over the horizon. "A very bad thing...that we just cannot escape. Because even though this place is balance, it can't hold on like that forever."

One day, something would happen that they couldn't bounce back from. He was still surprised they bounced back from Alpha, and the Phazon event. This event...this outcome of Judge Fear's could end the Gamma. And maybe that was better. No more pain, no more sadness. Maybe they could all be together in the end. Maybe everyone could agree with Judge Fear then, see that he was right. Everyone could be happy. Judge Fear and Judge Mortis could rest. That was all he really wanted, was just a situation where everyone could be happy. Where everyone would be content.

But life, and maybe even death, were not like that. What was the point? Why did he continue to walk in this wheel, to bask in the happy pauses of life then shuffle through the despair to get to the next happy pause? Why did he continue? Why did he keep going? When would it end? Kev watched the rotten hand draw close, and if the hand had ill intentions he could hardly say no, at the moment. Though as it always did when things seemed darkest, he could see some light, as he leaned against the Judge. He couldn't leave people behind, leave them hanging. If he left this world he didn't want to leave despair flowing behind him when he did. People blaming themselves, others who could be hurt. He hated the idea of hurting others just because he was hurt. He would one day leave, call up the Judge for more than a visit but it would be when he could make sure no one would despair when he was gone. Otherwise, his afterlife would be full of regret.

The hand rested on his shoulder, a motion that did surprise the alien a little. He also felt a slight pull toward the Judge, though it was possible that he had just imagined it. In either case, the alien could take some comfort in the Judge's efforts of reassurance, not knowing what stirred in the Judge's mind. Instead, he looked up at the Judge and watched the smoke seep out of his helm for a moment. "Thank you."

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:59 am

Kev wrote:"I'll make sure everything's ready for next year, I won't have any big plans or anything that are going to hold you up."

"How consssiderate of you," was the offhand response.

As much as he would have liked to purge this world and all its sinners to enjoy a rest well-deserved, Judge Fear was no simpleton. It was folly to follow in his leader's footsteps and recklessly confront Portal Breach without a decent course of action. No, the ghoul will stay by his original decision and patiently wait for his brother and allies to reach their former power. Why risk unnecessary containment? "Of courssse I am right," the Dark Judge responded, still puffing away. "After all, am I not a logical being ruled by impartial reasssoning?" The answer was, naturally, yes. Now, what is this about not knowing and pussyfooting around the subject of whether or not citizens were happy in their gilded cage?

"I do not have to convince anyone," hissed a dogged Judge Fear. Why should he, a Judge of the law, think that the sinful masses were worth persuading? Countless centuries have already proven that a good handful will never embrace justice for the better cause. It was best to systematically purge them group by group, civilization by civilization, and guide the stragglers to rejoin their enlightened kin. "Nor mussst I worry. You cannot kill what doesss not live, Kev. Our ssspiritsss are eternal." When the bombs drop and Portal Breach is rendered nothing more than a lifeless wasteland, the iniquitous citizens of this revolting planet will be made to see wisdom. And should this plan fail, the Dark Judges forced to submit and retreat for another round? "Carry on all you like and believe in thisss fallacy; one day the very people you depend upon will disssappear, leaving you all alone in an empty and meaninglessss world with thossse you dessspissse," he stated matter-of-fact. Just like your mentally bonded, isn't that right, Kev?

In all honesty, the Dark Judge would be perfectly happy to see Kev kill someone out of sheer annoyance. It'd be a step in the right direction, or so he thought. Nevertheless, however, being consumed with blind revenge only got in the way of their plans and increased their risk of failure. "Do not forget that I, too, am a ticking bomb," the Dark Judge advised calmly. It paid very well to remain objective and Judge Fear had loyalties elsewhere.

Entertaining this little thing with Kev was truthfully a means to a productive end, the ghoul not above manipulation.

But perhaps there was a dwindling need to influence the alien to his ulterior goal? More and more Kev was embracing the Dark Judges' philosophy, the scrawny fellow rather agreeable. It was almost a pity that the alien would eventually need to be judged, for he was proving quite useful in his own right, but the law was the law. And while it was true that Judge Fear at times enjoyed Kev's company, he was no Judge Death; making an exception, even just one, was a grievous affront to their very beliefs! How could their leader have spared Mrs. Gunderson and declared her innocent when that simply was never the case? The ghoul resigned himself to the role of listener for now, somewhat pleased that Kev realized how futile it was to deny an immortal force such as death indefinitely. "Good anssswer," he replied. This whole dichotomy about the good and the bad, however... What did Kev mean when he said how Portal Breach was about balance?

Did he mean that... purging the sinners from this world would only encourage yet another wave of them to appear? Because that would certainly be balanced, wouldn't it? A great stroke of death followed by a revival of life? The more Judge Fear thought about it the more he began to detest it, realizing that perhaps his job would never reach its final conclusion. Say he and his brother actually managed to wipe this planet clean, obliterating the lawless with impunity... The resulting wastes would not be a permanent change, life somehow finding a way to return. It may take several thousand years while they rested, but it will.

Life always did.

Hmm? wrote:"Thank you."

Ah yes, Kev was still here and he had yet to sever their mental connection.

Judge Fear promptly removed his hand off the alien's person and reestablished his boundaries to prevent further unwanted seepage across the line. There was no humanity left and he will not declare Kev innocent, unlike a certain leader who played favourites with elderly women.  

"Alright, that isss enough. Your gratitude hasss been noted." Ugh, having to directly handle sinners with an air of tact was severely putting a dampener on his mood... He needed to get away from Kev and the stench of life desperately. Judge Fear went back to shuffling his carton of smokes, feeling little else needed to be discussed as the subconscious world began to drain of colour. "Isss there anything elssse you wisssh to asssk?" inquired the ghoul. Speak now or forever hold your peace, Kev. The Dark Judge has been very tolerant thus far, but even the stoic likes of Judge Fear needed reprieve from the living.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:55 am

Considerate? Kev just blinked in response, and shrugged lightly. Having something planned during this training and soul...stuff would just be very inconvenient. Though maybe Fear had been talking about his end of the world plans...if that were the case, he would have to ask him when he wanted to do this. Though it was Judge Fear's time to talk, so he'd hold his questions til the end. "You're pretty logical and reasonable, yeah." Made it hard to try and disagree with him on things, when Kev could see the reasoning behind it, and understand things.

"Well...you convinced me, didn't you? You don't have to convince people, but if they listened to what you said, they'd understand. There'd also be a higher rate of murders...though I guess you'd want that." Kev tapped his fingers together a bit. "I'm not worried about you dying. I'm just a little worried that...there's going to be a struggle. Fighting, and arguing, and that's going to get pretty tiring, you know? If you could get everyone to consider your philosophy and at least understand why you're doing these things, then you wouldn't have so much conflict. Though I don't think people here will embrace it...so maybe its a lost cause." Though to hear Judge Fear's spirit was eternal was both...uplifting and disheartening. He would be here, eternally. But...he would continue to try to end life, eternally.

Judge Fear wrote:"Carry on all you like and believe in thisss fallacy; one day the very people you depend upon will disssappear, leaving you all alone in an empty and meaninglessss world with thossse you dessspissse,"

He didn't dare refuse it, and to hear it stated so bluntly almost put a chill down his spine. The alien knew it was true. In just two years, how many people had left that he once cared so much for? How many would be gone by the end of this year? "When that day happens, I fully intend on finding you and letting you kill me. When I have nothing to live for, you'll get your wish. I'll be dead, and I won't come back." His own tone matched Fear's matter-of-fact one, bittersweet. He used to be so scared of death, and in some ways he still very much was. But ever since he'd started talking to Judge Fear, he could see now that death could be good in some ways. He didn't really want to live forever. Though, Judge Fear would forever be bound to this Gamma. Whether he killed everyone or not he'd stay here and continue his job. He had his brother, so he wouldn't be lonely, but the idea of leaving Judge Fear alone to his job still made Kev feel a bit like trying to live forever with him. Of course, the Judge would probably like for him to be dead rather than nip at his heels for all eternity.

"Little hard to forget that after...this." Again his eyes focused on the ruined landscape around them. The alien now had a glimpse at what Judge Fear wanted for the future. To say that it wasn't at all what he wanted for the future would be...an understatement. Though he refused to make the Judge change who he was just for a friendship, and he knew how committed the Judge was. Fear said it himself, this was...in some ways, inevitable. He would always try and make this happen. He may not succeed, but he'd try for it anyway. Maybe, much like ripping off a band-aid, it'd be better to get this done and over with early. Aside from some approval, the Judge went quiet, and the two were in silence for a moment. He enjoyed the physical contact while it lasted, and it ended not long after he had thanked the Judge. He had pulled away, all harumph and haroo, and the world around began to drain of color. It seemed Judge Fear was about ready to leave.

"I...uh...yes?" He looked to the Judge sheepishly, hands folding behind his back. "Don't get...mad or anything, maybe I missed it but...when are we going to do the whole...'rip my spirit right out of me and put it in you' type thing and how long do you think that's going to last? Is that next year? I just...want to make sure in case you come on over to rip my spirit out and Nym is home and sees you doing it and gets upset...and all of that. That whole...craaazy thing." Death by son, wouldn't that be the deal breaker of the year.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:57 am

Judge Fear had been facetious with his aforementioned comment, albeit dryly, and he did not immediately respond when Kev echoed the Dark Judge's previous sentiments. Logical, reasonable... One could not expect the living to be sensible in this chaotic day and age. He did, however, feel compelled to respond when the alien predicted a struggle between the tenacious ghouls and the rebellious sinful.

"Let them," Judge Fear remarked, nonchalantly taunting the powers that be. What did two immortal spirits of the law have to fear from the more ephemeral insurgents? A sickly hand was dismissively waved, the Dark Judge hardly concerned with the notions of fatigue and defeat. "If the foolisssh citizensss of thisss world sssomehow do manage to bessst my brother and I, it will merely be a sssetback. Nothing more, nothing lessss. You cannot ssstop the inevitable any lessss than you can ssstop an avalanche. Judgement Day will come, Kev; be it during your lifetime or the next." The question now becomes thus: who truly is the lost cause, the citizens who think to put a stopper to death or the emissaries of justice who think they are above censure?

It was good to hear that the alien would not renege on their agreement, prompting the ghoul to quietly, "Mm." It was also good in the sense that Judge Fear would not have to severely beat Kev into a bloodied, emerald pulp of twitching flesh and scales.

Judge Fear was deathly allergic to liars, particularly after having been so effortlessly duped by P.J. Maybe.

"You ssseem to think that thisss wasssteland will lassst forever," hissed the ghoul knowingly. Ethereal pinpricks glanced around before the Dark Judge returned his gaze front and center, to the ruined crater that had once been a sprawling metropolis of iniquity. "The radiation will keep Portal Breach dead for quite a while, allowing both my brother and I to peacefully ressst. Perhapsss we ssshall remain in ssslumber for centuriesss, if not millennia, but we know very well that sssuch a ssstate of lawfulnessss isss not permanent." As sad as this immutable truth was. "Life will find a way to permeate thessse wassstesss and interrupt our idlenessss. Firssst it ssshall be vegetation and then sssmall animalsss, with the ultimate conclusssion being another generation of budding sssinnersss. From there my brother and I ssshall awaken, refressshed, and we will begin the entire processss anew. Sssuch isss the passssion we have for jussstice." And such is the sacrifice they made long, long ago.

Kev wrote:"Don't get...mad or anything..."

A growl escaped the Dark Judge, fingers reaching up to rub at his helm's temples. "You are not ready to have your ssspirit ripped from your missserable husssk," he rasped, tone dangling upon the precipice of being cross. It was not a hard feat to become irate with Kev within the generous span of ten seconds. "Firssst you require training, which will ssspan multiple sssessssionsss, followed by the ssstrengthening of your psssychic capabilitiesss. Ssshould everything go asss planned and you do not make an idiot of yourssself, you will be ready by next year. If not before, preferably."

Assuming they both played their cards right and there were no screw-ups, Nym wouldn't have to become involved for any of it. "Now do you have any further quessstionsss?" Because the Dark Judge would very much like to start his beauty sleep, you see.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:59 am

Judge Fear's attitude towards conflict could be summarized as basically 'come at me bro'. Perhaps that was for the best, and it made sense! Judge Fear had been doing this for a long time, and usually people fought against their deaths. It happened on Portal Breach all the time. Unless everyone reached an odd, mellow balance of understanding with Judge Fear and the concept of dying, it was pretty naive to think there could ever be a compromise. Judge Fear would try to destroy the world, everyone would fight back and...it would only set them back for a while. Soon, they'd be right back at it. "I don't know how you do it. Fighting so much to do your job...you and your brothers must have a very strong will." They had their mission, and they would do just about anything to finish it. "Guess that kind of makes every day precious." Everyday without...well, the barren landscape around him, was cause for celebration and glee for the majority of the people. Everyday that they were alive was something to be grateful for because it could be snatched so easily. Maybe it'd be for the best anyway. A big ole Judgement day like this that kills everyone all at once. They could meet on the other side, be happy together. All that nice jazz.

The alien blinked up at the Judge for a few moments before shrugging. "Kind of hard not to...this all looks really really...permanent, you know?" Like a scar across someone's face, this barren landscape spoke nothing but loss to the alien. How could it not last forever? The Judge's own words seemed to point to such a thing, as he stated that this lifelessness would last perhaps for centuries. Even millennia. The Judges would rest after a job well done, but then life...would apparently find a way. Kev almost wanted to ask if Portal X would be consumed in the bomb as well, but he decided to remain quiet. Portal X could be killed, after all. Eventually life would grow again and the Judges would wake up to continue their cycle of killing. Kill, rest, kill, rest...yes, the more he heard of this, the more he knew he couldn't possibly become a Judge. It was a neat prospect, in some ways. But to have the endure such a cycle, to have to kill, over and over and over...he just wasn't the type of person for it. "So it wouldn't be a...total loss." He reasoned, looking at the crater that was once a city full of life. Yes, this would not be permanent...but Judge Fear and Judge Mortis would work tirelessly to make it so.

The growl made him wince, looking up at the Judge sheepishly. So much for not getting him angry. He wasn't ready to have his spirit ripped out? ...Well honestly he wasn't sure how you could ever be ready for such a thing. It wasn't exactly simple, but it still intrigued him a bit to hear that he wasn't ready and would need to be trained. "Sorry, sorry. I've never had my spirit ripped out, I thought maybe this was a...I don't know, 'rip it out, live in you for like a week, and then we kill Ridley' thing. Sorry. Again. I guess I'm jumping the gun a little." He certainly wanted to be ready for this whole shebang. This training situation, all of this, seemed like it was going to be spread out over the next few months. Which he preferred really. Things already seemed to be moving so fast, having some down time to get ready might help his nerves. "Understood!" Judge Fear definitely seemed like he wanted to go now, and Kev shook his head fervently.

"No. No. No more questions. You're...uh...free to go. But this was a nice talk!" Yes, a lovely talk about Judgement Days, and bringing about the end of the world. Truly, a topic they needed to discuss every time they met. The alien winced at his own poor choice of words, but still gave the Judge a wave. "I'll see you when I see you."

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:54 am