Health Bar:
    180/180  (180/180)
    Stamina Bar:
    26/26  (26/26)

Tranquility

Post by Lucario on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:38 pm

June 24; 4:00PM

Noise.

The city becomes smaller and smaller as he treks outwards into the Heartlands, and with it, so does the cacophony of city static. He already misses his mountain, where most days were filled with the wind and sounds of wilderness. Calm... Peaceful even. Those few times he had to fight off invaders were simply exercise. Fighting was ingrained into his system along with his innate protectiveness. His paw reaches into his satchel and he pulls out the small Pokeball from his own world. He almost smiles, and then remembers everything that happened at once. Jackal quickly puts it away.

No... it's still too soon. He can't even think about her or even her name still without an abyss of emotion wreaking havoc on his mind. Jackal has always done his best to keep the thoughts from reentering his heart. He may be strong, but his only true weakness is hidden from everyone including himself. He's not ready, and he might not ever be.

Somethings simply never heal.

The Lucario shakes his head and soldiers on until he finds a nice short patch of grass on a small hill. As the wind from the afternoon heat hits his face, he closes his eyes and searches for auras... Nothing vile in the area that he can feel...  but he's always going to be wary. He knew Fear was the thing he felt in the woods as soon as he walked into the Sanctuary. That's someone to definitely avoid.

He looks down at the hill and slumps his shoulders in relief. Falling backwards, he lays upon the grass and picks up a stem from a weed and chews on it.

Ah... Much better.
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 5

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Re: Tranquility

Post by Fluttershy on Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Out of all the things she would find in the Sanctuary, Fluttershy had no idea something so scary could walk up in the Sanctuary. He is so scary, probably even scarier than a dragon. He was so scary that he could actually be fear, itself! Fluttershy shuddered at the thought. Somehow the pony, having some boldness, managed to utter some words before running blindly after him. Now she remembered why she never went in there too often; there were scary, scary people lurking about.

But now, they were in the fields. A tranquil, soft blowing heartland that she was all very used to by now. This was where she took Discord when he first came here and seeing that leaving the city to come here helped him, it should do Lucario here the same. The pony trotted behind him up until he found a place on a hill and collapsed there, eating a weed. Fluttershy sat beside him to keep him company.

Tweet! Tweet!

Fluttershy glanced as a bird fluttered over and landed on her head. She giggled and gave the little bird a soft smile before turning over to Lucario. "I didn't think we'd see anyone like that in the Sanctuary... I don't know what it is, but he's really... really... scary. Hopefully, we'll be okay and we don't have to run into him ever again..."
    Lucario
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 13

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    180/180  (180/180)
    Stamina Bar:
    26/26  (26/26)

Post by Lucario on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:09 am

Lucario's eyes flick open as birds begin to chirp. He eyes them and wonders yet again how life would be in the utter freedom that is flight. But Jackal's more philosophical side is only ankle deep. His eyes close and he begins to meditate on his surroundings. His appendages on his head twitch a bit and he reads all the auras of the area around him. A blooming, but still timid, aura appears behind him. Oh... He didn't really think the pony would come with him to this spot. Apparently that figure at the Sanctuary scared her off too.

Better scared and alive than brave and dead. But then again... when does he ever heed his own advice? He shakes his head to himself.

Jackal opens his eyes to see Fluttershy and her now friend, the bird, on her head. He almost smiles. Such an innocent being, this ...'pegasus'. Strange to find someone like this in an area full of dread and chaos.

"No... I didn't think to see him either. In fact I do believe I found him in the woods when I first arrived. Dreadful being. I'd steer clear of him," especially if defending this pony gets him killed, "if I were you. Sometimes running is the best thing you can do." He keeps his eyes closed and chews on the stem a bit more. The auras around him dance in his mind's eye. Such vibrant life in the area, and small creatures. It's...

"...so peaceful here." he mumbles, his soft low toned voice making it a bit hard to understand... but Fluttershy's close enough (And fluent enough in Mumblese) to most likely hear him.
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Somehow the pony picked up that Lucario didn't expect her. The only reason she could think of as to why she followed him was because of how afraid she was. It was mainly done out of blindness, she must admit. If he didn't want her, then that was okay too. She could always go home.

Fluttershy nodded, taking heed of his advice. In situations like that, how could she not? What else would there be to do? She wasn't much of a fighter, and she was seldom brave even when boldness tried to smack her in the face. Those sort of things for her took a lot of strength mustered within her to risk. But for now, that didn't matter. The scary being was gone and both of them were at ease.

"Mmhm," Fluttershy replied, holding the bird on her hoof. She hummed a soft, melodic tune to the bird, only for the bird to reciprocate it and fly off. In the distance, the tune was chirped again and a chorus of birds joined with it. She smiled in the direction of the tune, soon sitting down on the grass as she admired the wildlife.

"Sometimes, I come here to enjoy the scenery or even have a picnic with my animal friends..." she explained, her voice gentle and hushed. She slid and laid down on her belly, watching over him. "You don't mind a little bit of company, do you?"
    Lucario
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    180/180  (180/180)
    Stamina Bar:
    26/26  (26/26)

Post by Lucario on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Jackal settles into the grass, parting the blades with his tail with a couple wags before crossing his legs whilst still lying down. His face is the picture of serenity, other than the three scars across his snout. He continues to chew on the weed a bit as his thoughts settle and he feels safe finally. Safe in nature, peace of mind, things he hoped he would find anywhere, even if it was in a completely different world. There's hardly been a time when he could rest in the past few days, and he pretty much refuses to live inside the city so the Inn is out of the question.

He perks up his ears toward the pony and he sighs in some mixture of relief and anxiety. He's not really good with new people, pokemon, or ponies apparently. He nods his approval of her sound-made decision and barely moves after that. He simply listens to her soft voice for a moment. At least the being that he allowed to accompany him has a soft voice, he's simply tired of the loudness.

Jackal's ears flick back and forth as the birds sing Fluttershy's song and his brow furrows at the ruckus, however soothing the tune was, it was new and he attunes himself to it quickly. As to not disturb the rather shy pony.

"This place is indeed beautiful." he lets one eye open to scan the area and appreciate the daytime breeze's effects on the rippling grasses.

"I do normally. But your presence is far less intrusive than... most of anyone. Your aura is even withdrawn and timid..." His appendages twitch in the grass as he does a quick reading, deeming the small aura next to him something akin to a mouse or small rabbit.

He's not exactly shy about his ability to read another.
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:42 pm

Fluttershy observed Lucario and realized that she liked the pokemon. In spite of how hard it was for her to try and talk to somepony of her own kin. There is wrong with being shy. However, when you have a shy pony pairing up with another shy pony... It's needless to say that there always needs to be somepony that's bolder than the other and apparently today, Fluttershy was that somepony. She just didn't bring that to herself, yet.

"That must be because I'm shy...," the pony explained, burying her muzzle within the tufts of grass. "I am withdrawn and timid and I'm not very used to the people around here..." After living in this place for almost two whole years, anypony would have expected to be already well-adapted, but she really wasn't. Fluttershy could barely socialize with other ponies, and now that she was in a world full of all sorts of beings?Coupled with several occasions where you'd need to fend for your life on a regular basis? ...This world was not created for soft, innocent little ponies. But here she was, sticking out like a thumb in broad daylight. This didn't bother her though (or she tried not to let it bother her).

Fluttershy tilted her head toward him, pondering to herself. He just looked so peaceful... It felt a little wrong to bother someone like him. However, he was new here and he could be horribly confused and she would really like to help him. Possibly even be friends. If only she weren't so fearful... "Has that happened to you, too?"
    Lucario
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    180/180  (180/180)
    Stamina Bar:
    26/26  (26/26)

Post by Lucario on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:17 pm

The Lucario leans up straight on the grassy hillside to bring his knees up to his chin. A sign of thought. What is he even doing out here with this pony? Just trying to escape? What did she ask? Has he become so withdrawn that he is alien everywhere he goes? It's a bit too early in his life on this plane to be questioning that... but he answers, turning his permanent stern gaze to Fluttershy.

I'm not used to any people at all. None in fact. I had a mountain to myself on my world. The words are foreign to his thought process. His world. The one former to this one. Well... at least he didn't have anyone to miss anymore.

That thought rang a bit too hard in his head and his stern look falters a bit, true sadness flashes but a moment. It really hasn't been long enough. Weeks, months maybe. But not enough time for him to forget Her.

He turns his head away quickly and quells his mind yet again. It will eventually render him unable to speak with Fluttershy. Might as well keep it cool and try to at least have a calm moment with someone that isn't human at least.

He's just about sick of those creatures, humans.
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Fluttershy raised her head a little. "Really?" she asked softly, blowing on the mane in her face. "Did you at least have one friend?" Had he ever had friends before? She knew that being alone was terrible. Why, she spent just the last year being lonely, but even then she still had her animal friends to keep her comfort. And when her friends did leave; there was Angel Bunny, and Mr. and Mrs. Birdy, and even Kev. Fluttershy's eyes spaced out between the blades of grass before her. How selfish she was back then... She had all of those wonderful creature to care for and talk to and nurture for and here Lucario was with no pony at all.

The pony couldn't bare thinking of him being lonely and friendless in this world. With no one to talk to or turn to when in need. That must have been how Discord felt all those centuries he was trapped in stone. She didn't know all the details, but it must certainly take a lot for a person to gag about it, as she recalled from a couple of years ago. For how long had either of them suffered from this? The very thought of spending what must feel like an eternity alone made her stomach churn.

"In my world, I just had my animal friends, as well as my girls..." Fluttershy quickly swatted the oncoming thoughts aside. She missed them, but she really didn't want to mope about it now. The look in Lucario's eyes she managed she catch and it felt like that one thing she knew way too distinctly; loss. She had lost so much when she came here. It seemed like Lucario and her were on the same boat. Everyone in Portal Breach is...

"I have a cottage not too far from here," she blurted suddenly, her head now raised completely. "If you'd like, you're more than welcome to come. All who really live there are just a few woodland critters, and my friend." Tea sounded like a good idea. And besides, Discord needed the socializing just as much as she did. His recent loss was weighing on him hard if not harder than on her. Though right now her neck was heating up.

Oh sweet Celestia, what was she getting herself into...?

~~~

Sorry for the wait! Had school starting up for me and all. How are you doing? Hopefully things are getting better for you.
    Lucario
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    180/180  (180/180)
    Stamina Bar:
    26/26  (26/26)

Post by Lucario on Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Lucario shuffles his back paws awkwardly, the pony is a bit feelsy and he's not exactly the type of Pokemon to just open up to a complete stranger. However he finds himself a bit more comfortable around someone who's not exactly human. He opens his mind a bit to the situation. Maybe she's just as alone as he is?

Well... I wasn't always alone. But it's been so long since I haven't that it's hard to remember a time when I wasn't.

He's not fishing for sympathy, a look of pure epiphany crosses his face. He really doesn't know how long he's been alone. He's lived his life in a daze, with and without his trainer. It all goes so fast when you're having fun, but at the same time life passes you just as fast when you turn your back to it. He turns to look at her with a bit of understanding as she brings up her own past with her friends. He turns his eyes away from her as she has her little moment of missing. He doesn't know if he'll be able to handle such a situation. A crying pony? A sad pony? A pony in general?

If he could scream for help, he probably would. But his own social morals dictate he do otherwise.

Jackal's ears flick backwards as Fluttershy blurts out a sentence suddenly. He cocks his head, very dog like, at her and squints his eyes.

A...Cottage? Well... I don't know of anything else I could do. I would like that, yes. He added the last bit, trying not to be too standoffish to the first person to actually take time to speak with him in ages. He's not exactly polite normally, but he does know how to uphold manners. He normally just ignores them.

Or ignores everything.

He banishes his own thoughts and stands up, leaning on the large bone beside him before picking everything up and strapping his satchel in place.

Is it far? He looks down to the pony, his neverchanging expression unwavering.

{Oh it's no problem! Everything is going great, moving soon! Sorry it took me so long too! XD No real excuse, just muse.}
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:02 pm

Oh dear. So long that he couldn't remember when he wasn't? That was beyond horrible! Fluttershy could never bear such a fate as that. Oh, and imagine Pinkie Pi-. Pinkie Pie... Has it really been almost a year since then? Yes, she was lonely, but then Discord showed up and made things better. For the most part, anyway. Some frostings don't fill in the gaps entirely.

Well, you don't have to be alone, anymore! Fluttershy wanted to say, but didn't have the courage to open her mouth to. I'll be your friend! Honestly, now she was starting to sound just plain old desperate. And all just because he was lonely? Now Fluttershy was a part-time doctor. She was a doctor for animals. She could heal up broken legs, tails, and broken skulls, but never could she think herself healing a broken heart. Yet she began drifting back to what Discord said back when they first truly talked last month. He claimed that Fluttershy's friendship redeemed him. Oh, how her mind wanted to doubt, but a small, timid smile sprung up as her eyes bore into the grass blade below. Friendship changes creatures, and Fluttershy could surely help other beings, too. That's what happened on that night when Discord had broken down into tears. When he'd ever squeeze in her arms for a tight embrace. Her friendship reformed him and his friendship got rid of her shame. Fluttershy already knew friendship was magic, if friendship could do that for the both of them, and reform Nightmare Moon, then friendship could totally mend a broken heart.

. ...She'd just need to find the right time to offer it to him is all. Maybe when they were in the cottage and he got a small look around. So he'd be more willing to trust him is all. Besides, with the exception of Twilight and Discord and the others, she never was that quick with making friends.

Lucario was already staring at her with distrust right now. The pony didn't want to look foolish now. This was to help him feel less lonely, not make him more lonely. She stood up on her hooves and shook her head.

"It's in the forest," she explained. "In a clearing, but don't worry, I know a shortcut and there are no scary monsters there; just a lot of nice, friendly woodland critters." What could go wrong with woodland critters?
    Lucario
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    180/180  (180/180)
    Stamina Bar:
    26/26  (26/26)

Post by Lucario on Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Though he isn't one for hiding his own behaviours, Jackal does like for others to find out what his abilities are. As Fluttershy's emotions run higher and higher, Lucario's appendages on his head twitch and waver. He blinks a few times as he opens his mind to speak to her. But waits for her to gather her thoughts. Her intent is clear already, the Lucario reads this one's aura easily. She may be shy and timid but her emotional response flares up and her aura becomes incredibly sincere and decisive. He cocks his head to the side again. What is this curious creature even?

Jackal readjusts his pack on his shoulder and stands awkwardly, shuffling his paws in the grass, and patting it down as she begins to explain. Oh a shortcut? He nods and closes his eyes, reading her intent again. Okay, so she's sure. He doesn't want to get lost in the woods with an all-but-stranger.

He turns his back to her and looks in the direction of the forest, he opens his mind and lets his thought ring out.

Alright, you lead on. I will follow... And don't worry, pony. I need no pity. No one would know the good in life without knowing the bad.

The Lucario shoulders up and walks slowly toward the forest, waiting for her to show the way.

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:51 am