Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

New City, New Problems

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:18 pm

Time: 6:36 PM
    Date: June 16, 0005

Kyoko strolled down the unfamiliar sidewalk, red eyes glaring out at everyone she walked by. This wasn't Mitakihara. This wasn't Kazamino. She did manage to get the name of this odd city, though of all names...apparently it was Portal city. She'd gruffly asked the name from a random person who was walking down the street, some weird thing that she at first assumed was some crazy cosplay. Except the scales were incredibly detailed, moving like a living creature. The fur was far too real. She then instantly waved her Soul Gem at the confused creature, trying to determine what kind of familiar or minion it could be, but none of the magic she could sense from it matched that of such a thing. She'd dismissed the creature and kept on her way.

Portal City. What kind of a name was that, anyway? Along with the strange citizens, the technology varied a lot as well. Mitakihara was a high-tech city as well, but considering that she had seen a hovering car or two...yeah, this place was notches above Mitakihara. There was no indication of what country this was in, however. She'd been in Japan all of her life, and this definitely wasn't Japan. Her best guess was China, because other than that she had no clue. And it pissed her off. She continued to walk down the sidewalk, and she didn't really know where she was going, either. She just figured it might be best to keep moving. If this was a very complicated labyrinth, it'd be best to keep moving.

Kyoko slipped her hand inside her pocket and withdrew a small carton, popping it open and holding it up, near her mouth. Using primarily her teeth, she withdrew a chocolate pocky stick and clenched it between her teeth until the carton was placed back in her hoody pocket, at which point she used the hand to grab the pocky while she nibbled on it. This was all she had on her, though. If she didn't find any answers of some kind soon, she was going to have to get some more food and find some place to crash for a while. Maybe, if she was really lucky, wherever this new place was had no magical girls in it and she could have it all to herself.
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 5

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Re: New City, New Problems

Post by Fluttershy on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:23 pm

This must be something of a déjà vu.

Except... with no familiar ponies and more unfamiliar people. Wait, Discord was not a pony! Eer... uh... nevermind. Forget anything! So anyway, it was that time of the month, again. The one where Fluttershy would go into the city to grab food and also wander about as means as observing to keep up with things. As far as she was aware, they were in peace time. The world wasn't ending and no pony was going insane, so that was always good. It's not as overwhelming for people when they get plucked from their worlds and everything they ever loved against their will. It makes it a great time to recuperate and understand the place better. 

Recently, the pony was crawling out from a seemingly comfortable shell. Normally she didn't talk to any pony and in turn, no pony would talk to her. Although there was an exception to that, that was last month. She didn't think that would happen again nor did she want to expect it to happen again. However, the pegasus had her eyes so lost in the sidewalk rather than what was in front of her that there was no heed paid to the woman ahead. This had lead to a very awkward situation where Kyoko's approaching shadow had instead glued her flank onto the concrete rather than move out of the way. She stared at the woman, only to realize what she was unintentionally doing and froze.

"Sorry," she mumbled, quickly veering off the sidewalk. The pony should really be more attentive, next time. She looked so silly just sitting there because of being startled by a shadow that wasn't even her own this time. If she was lucky, the woman wouldn't get mad. She would hopefully understand and there would be no harm done to any of them.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 24

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:36 am

Kyoko chomped away on her pocky, enjoying the taste of the biscuit and chocolate covering, though eating did nothing to quell her confusion and rising anger about what had happened to her. She had been hoping to find some sort of 'authority' figure, someone who could give her more answers than just the name of the city. However, there was no one that seemed to Kyoko to be such a figure. Everyone she saw so far, they were heading somewhere, walking all around. They were, strangely enough, no different from her. They were just civilians. Which begged the question of who exactly was in charge here...and how she could find them.

She was so focused on her predicament, that she didn't notice the pony until she just about walked into the thing. She stepped back and blinked at the creature sitting in front of her. Was that...was that a yellow horse? With pink hair and wings? She stared at it, and it stared right back. Kyoko popped the last of her pocky into her mouth before she crossed her arms. The horse thing was still in her way, but there wasn't any use yelling at some dumb animal, right?

Horse Bird thing wrote:"Sorry,"

It was so quiet, she almost thought it may have just been a trick of the mind, but no. She'd heard correctly. The pony moved around and got out of her way, but Kyoko turned on her heel to keep it in her sights. "Wait, did you just-?!" She trailed off, red eyes wide, before she brought her hand up and slapped her own forehead. Under her breath, she growled slightly. "You know, I'm actually starting to get pissed off." The teenager peeked through her fingers briefly, before the hand slid down her face and she gave the horse a hard stare. "So you can talk. How about you do me a favor and tell me where the hell I am?! And don't tell me 'Portal City', some bozo already told me that!" The girl scoffed. "Portal City...as if that answers everything! It really doesn't!"
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:18 am

Fluttershy heard the woman's feet click on the pavement, causing the pony to snap her head. It was an accident. There was something about her, though. The way she talked. It managed to even bring the pony's hair on her fur to stand. And then she smacked her face with her palm. Did she do something else wrong? She backed away a little, wanting to keep as much distance possible no matter how wobbly her legs were starting to become. Her long mane slid down, covering half of her face.

She seemed very confused and frustrated as well. Fluttershy would understand what that must be like for people, being there at one point not too long ago. It's not fun to be brought here and not understand anything going on or why you're here in the first place. For that, Fluttershy really wanted to help her. But her voice...

The pony had to gulp down a little bit, causing a brief delay between Kyoko's question and her response. It was nothing against Kyoko. She just needed to breathe, and also... find her own voice. "O-Oookay," Fluttershy choked, now speaking more audibly though there was some strain to it to keep it that way. "Th-th-this world is called Portal Breach and uh... i-it was created by Portal-X and... and you were br-br-brought here because your uh.... umyour world was being ..destroyed..." The last part was more quiet, due to people reacting to it a very sensitive subject, according to past experience.

"Your friends can still come here, though!" she quickly stated. "That's possible! It-it's just that ... uh-you can't yourself uh... leave here." There was one way however, but that involved disappearing forever and she didn't want to bring that up. Fluttershy lifted a quivering hoof down a direction. "There's an Inn down th-th-that way. It's free... and-and has food, if you're hungry... Anything else?" And hopefully a punching bag wasn't one of those things.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:10 am

The pony's behavior was so...timid. Fearful. Like a flower wilting under the howl of the wind, threatening to break in half. Kyoko's stare lessened in intensity, but her body language remained primarily unfriendly. She couldn't help but be reminded of that Madoka girl as she stared at the pony who cowered and stuttered her answers. Maybe it was just the pink hair, but the timid nature of this horse reminded her of Sayaka's little friend. Disliked conflict. Seemed kinda weak. At least this horse was giving some answers, though!

This world was Portal Breach, and her own world was destroyed now. First, what was the obsession with the word Portal? Portal City, Portal Breach, Portal X. Portal portal portal portal portal. Maybe she was sucked in through a portal rather than a barrier after all. Second, the emphasis on the word 'world' was a nice little detail too. "So, what? This isn't even Earth?" Third, her world was destroyed. The teenager's mind immediately flickered to her last conversation with a one Homura Akemi. "Guess Walpurgisnacht struck earlier than expected. So much for statistics." Never would have figured that witch would be strong enough to destroy the whole world though. A city, yes. A country? Pushing it but possibly. A whole world? She shrugged. "Might as well start getting used to this place."

Her 'friends' could come here too, huh? She tried to think of any she'd label as a friend. Homura, that'd be stretching it. Sayaka...she was warming up to the girl, this was true. But Sayaka didn't seem to feel the same, and friendship is a two way road, not some one-sided deal. Anyone other than that was already dead and gone. Eventually the pony lifted a hoof and pointed somewhere. Seems this place had an inn, she'd have to climb her way in there and hide out in a room--wait a moment. Her head snapped back to the pony. "Did you say free?" Free boarding and free food too? That was almost too good to be true! "You've been a lot more helpful than anyone else I've walked into here." Something about this still seemed strange though. Her world being destroyed by a witch, she could understand. But the way this pony talked...it was as if she knew the world being destroyed like that was possible. Did witches exist on other worlds? Magical girls too? Would she have to fight another rookie, or worse, some veteran here?

The girl nibbled on her lip in contemplation for a moment. "You said my world was destroyed. Was your's destroyed too? And by what?"
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:01 pm

As the woman's gaze lightened, the pony was pacified as well. Her legs straightened up and her mane fell aside, but her eyes still spoke fear. She's not so bad. Just a little unsettled is all. No, this place wasn't Earth, unfortunately.  But it depended on how you viewed it on whether that was a bad thing or not. Some liked it here and the woman seemed to have the right spirit. It was like being given the chance to start all over again.

Woman wrote:"Did you say free?"

Fluttershy nodded her head. And it wasn't too good to be true. The staff there were so kind that they made it like that for people like the woman to get back up on her feet again. She could stay there as long as she pleased, if she wanted to. Fluttershy had been there for quite a while and had no trouble at all there. She gave the woman a noticeable, but soft smile. "You're welcome," the pony replied. "It is the least I could do to help you adjust to this place, ...which isn't always easy."

And as for her world being destroyed. She - much to her displeasure - nodded at this too, her eyes wandering over the sediments in the ground. "I ...don't know by what, though. That's just what I've been told. It just seemed like a normal day when I came here..." She took a glance at the sky above them. "My name is um...Fluttershy..., by the way."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:12 pm

The horse did seem to calm down a bit, now that Kyoko wasn't glaring at her. To be fair, it wasn't the horse's fault she was brought here and confused. At least, she didn't think it was. If it came out that this horse was somehow behind it all, then she would surely make her pay. Until then, she was content to stand here and get some answers from her. The pony nodded, yes it was definitely free there, and Kyoko grinned widely, showing off her teeth. "That's pretty handy! Useful too, because I don't have any money." Though she could have easily snuck in and stolen some food, if it was free that put her in a much better spot. Easier too. The girl folded her hands behind her head and glanced in the direction the inn had been pointed. She had ramen not too long ago but she really could go for more. Something that wasn't just pocky.

"It seems easy enough to me. What's the big deal?" She asked casually, though her brows were drawn forward as she looked back to the pony. Perhaps this place still had something up with it. Whether it was witches or not, she didn't really care. If it got in her way, she'd take it down. Though if there were no witches here...where was she going to get some grief seeds? She still had that grief seed Sayaka had tossed to her from Elsa Maria...she ought to conserve that for a bit.

So this pony's world was destroyed too. Probably everyone around here had their worlds destroyed. By what, she did not know. For her own world, it was easy to assume Walpurgisnacht had caused the destruction. She doubted, however...that Walpurgisnacht had a hand in the destruction of every world. It was more likely that maybe there was something out there, worse than witches. But what? "It was a normal night for me, I was just walking back to my place and I got sucked up into that thing. Kinda ruined a few plans I had." She shrugged a bit before blinking down at the pony curiously. Fluttershy? ...Interesting name for a talking pony with wings. "I'm Kyoko Sakura."
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:42 pm

"Not to worry," Fluttershy reassured. "Lots of people come here at random and with barely any currency at all which is probably why it's free in the first place. So people who are new here have a place to stay." Imagine how horrible it would be living on the street? Especially at night. People just seem to be a lot more unfriendly then. And besides, how could any pony live here if the Inn didn't exist? Everypony would have to steal food and fight more than usual just to survive. But since those crucial needs are met, there could be more concern on the other matters at hand, such as learning to ways of life about this place. Though from the woman's response, her nonchalance about all this instantly had taken the pony aback slightly.  

"Um, well..." Fluttershy mumbled. "Surely this place doesn't really look anything like your world, and your friends and your family may not be here, and... wouldn't that make you homesick? I mean... I guess that just happens to some of us here, but not everypony is like that." She didn't think it'd be just her feeling like this. It could be possible that she didn't have much to lose or that she could just be hiding it all. One way or another, the woman must be feeling some discomfort about all of this. Though it really could be just her...

"Really?" the pony asked. "I was feeding my critter friends when I was brought here by a whirlpool in my pond. Sorry about your plans, though..." Now her plans had to be changed to finding food and a home... Fluttershy tilted her head to the side before nodding at the woman respectfully. "It's nice to meet you, Kyoko Sakura." To her, Kyoko's name sounded interesting as well. Actually, everyone's name sounded interesting to her, even if they were the most mundane of names to an average human.

Fluttershy glanced in the direction she pointed toward earlier. "I could take you to the Inn, if you want. And... I also have some food in my saddle bags, in case you haven't had anything to eat in a while. Just so you don't have to wait until we get there, that is. I may have some fruit or even a carrot to offer, though... most of it is animal food... I don't think you would want any of that..."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:02 pm

So people coming here with no money to their name was a common thing here? Huh. She glanced around the area, particularly the benches. You'd think there'd be more homeless people but since they supplied free housing, suppose that took care of that problem. "Hm." She stuffed her hands into the pocket of her jacket, not sure what else to say to that. Though she did wish Japan had the same sort of idea. It was easy for people like Sayaka to stand there on a pedestal and look down on her for daring to steal food, but what other choice did she have? Food wasn't free, and no one would hire someone her age. Besides, she had magic, didn't she? Why not use it to take care of herself and get food? It was easy for people like Sayaka to think stealing was awful, but she had a home. She had parents. Kyoko was on her own, and she'd use her magic however she needed to, to take care of herself and keep afloat.

The pony's mumbled response drew nothing more than a blank stare. Yeah, this place wasn't her world. And sure, she'd been upset when she didn't know where she was but now that she had a few answers, she did feel better. Again, the pony mentioned friends and family and the teenager scoffed, grinning bitterly. "Yeah, well, some of us aren't that weak. I don't give a crap that none of my 'friends' are here. I'll just find my own place here and continue with my usual thing. Not that hard." She could adapt. She just...had to make sure there were some witches here.

A whirlpool? Sounded like this place varied on how to get here, some of the time. "That sounds worse than being sucked into a portal." Awfully wet too. At the apology, Kyoko shrugged. "It doesn't really matter." She nodded her head in return, eyes busy wandering the city and not yet on the pony beside her, though they flicked back to her at the mention of taking her to the inn. "Not like I have anywhere to be. Lead on." Though she did grin a bit at the offer of some food. "Well, what do you got? I could eat a carrot, or maybe an apple or something. No hay or anything though."
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Guess Fluttershy was right. Not everyone seemed to miss much about their homeworlds. More than not they saw this place as the opportunity for a new life or just another hurdle they had to jump upon. Kyoko sounded like she probably didn't have any good experiences with friends, but when you brushed that aside, the pony did very much admire her strength. She was frowning because of how cruel her response was, yet it would have to take a very keen eye to notice that her soft eyes had a bit of a gleam to them.

As for the whirlpool, Fluttershy giggled softly. "It was," she replied. "But it wasn't so bad." What was worse was what waited after being whirled around and spat out by an underwater portal. Of course, Fluttershy was grateful that Kyoko would never have to endure that. Instead, she would be getting some good food and a warm place to sleep as soon as they came over to the Inn. So Kyoko didn't want any hay? Got it. "Oh no, I won't give you any hay," the pony chuckled. Experience taught her that humans didn't really have an appetite for hay. She flung open one of her saddlebags and rummaged around. "Let's see... I have lettuce, squash, some cucumbers..." Fluttershy closed it up and switched sides. "I also have an apple." She pulled out an apple out of her bag, hard and vibrantly red. Fruits tended to be a little too hard on her animal friends so she would usually be the only one eating them. Sparing one wouldn't hurt anypony. "Is this okay?"
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:49 am

Not so bad? "Mm." Kyoko supposed it wasn't too bad. There could be worst ways to be transported here. Still, the idea of being sucked up into a pond and being deposited somewhere else would have made for a much ruder awakening when she arrived in this city. It was one thing to be transported out of nowhere, but to arrive like that? Kyoko would have been pissed. This pony, apparently not so much. The teenager did smirk a bit when the pony insisted that she wouldn't give her hay. "Good." Hay wasn't really much of anything anyway. It'd be like munching on grass!

As the pony opened a saddlebag and began to rummage around, Kyoko leaned forward to peek inside herself, eyes noting the foods as they were mentioned by Fluttershy. Lettice, squash, and cucumbers. Not really that good to eat on its own. Kyoko made a slight face but said nothing, merely leaning back to stand straight again when the pony switched to the other bag and grabbed out an apple. Kyoko hummed in approval, bending over again to inspect the apple before she took it in her own hands and began to clean it on her shirt. "Yeah, this'll be fine." A plump red one too, lucky her, huh? Once it was buffed to a shine, Kyoko held it out and began to chew on the fruit. Her teeth easily tore into the flesh of the apple, and the way Kyoko ate, it was as if she hadn't eaten in a while. Of course, she had eaten not too long ago.

Once she had gotten down to the core on the first half of the apple, she looked back to the pony and stated to walk forward, beckoning the pony. "Come on. I can eat and walk. Nice apple, by the way."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:19 am