Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    17/17  (17/17)

Praying for Normal Bugs

Post by Sam Winchester on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:55 am

Time: 9 am
    Date: June 7th

Spending of the day yesterday at the library, Sam had found many ways to take care of pesky roaches. Some would require a lot of money and time while a few were more practical for a small budget. The method Sam would suggest would be mixing boric acid, white flour, and white sugar. It was simple and efficient way to get rid of the bugs. All he would have to do was place the mixture into small dishes and place them through out the building. Within two week or so, the cockroaches would be gone. Only problem, Sam didn’t have any cash he could use to purchase the ingredients. He would have to ask for a deposit to cover the expenses of the ingredients.

After crossing the threshold and closing the door behind, Sam looked around to see if he could find his employer. Hopefully he wouldn’t miss the 6 foot 4 tall man in plaid standing just inside the shop. Sam had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach and hoped it was wrong. He just couldn’t convince himself though. Something told him that he might be seeing a lot of this shop in the coming future. It definitely had the vibe of hoodoo and magic. Oh God please let this guy be a simple herb doctor.

“Hello,” he called out. “Mr. Njorth? It’s Sam Winchester. I’m here about your bug problem.”

He continued to look around. Couldn’t help but chuckle. The last time he had to deal with bugs, it wasn’t pretty. I sure hope this place isn’t built on cursed ground.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Re: Praying for Normal Bugs

Post by Njorth on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:05 pm

It was morning, and Njorth had been eating breakfast in the kitchen, two hard-boiled eggs. He had already eaten one, and was working on the second. He salted it a bit, taking a large bite out of it. By then, he was only left with half an egg. It was then that he heard someone enter the building, door closing behind them. The visitor claimed to be the exterminator. Wonderful! The Nord approached the man, reaching a hand out to shake, half-eaten egg in the other hand.

"It's great to see you, Mr. Winchester!" he greeted. "I can't run a store with roaches having free run of the place, now can I?"

Last edited by Njorth on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sam Winchester
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 7

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    17/17  (17/17)

Post by Sam Winchester on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:58 am

“No you cannot,” Sam chuckled as shook the man’s hand and looked around. He was looking for any signs of cockroaches or even see a few. Actually seeing them and following them back to their source would be extremely helpful.

Years of hunting left him with a good eye for picking minor details but monsters typically left those details, not insects. How hard would it be to find a few bugs in this building? Shouldn’t be too hard to transfer those hunting skills over to bug finding, right?

“So, where seems to be the most populated spot? Where you have seen most of them?” he asked taking a few more steps in the building. He was doing his best to look and sound professional. Granted a professional would have a few tools and some sort of uniform instead no tools and ordinary clothes. If I can pull of being an FBI agent, I can be an exterminator.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Njorth had shoved the rest of the egg in his mouth when the exterminator asked him a question regarding the cockroach hotspots. He reached up his hand in a "one moment" gesture before swallowing. Now he could answer.

"The first time I saw them was in the kitchen. I had come in to rest and have a drink after finishing my work on the signs you see outside. I take a seat at one of the barstools, and there I see the damn bugs skittering about under my feet. I was treated to an even lovelier surprise later that day when I discovered a roach in the corner of the shower as I washed up. Not quite the thing you want to see when you're trying to get yourself cleaned up..."
    Sam Winchester
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    17/17  (17/17)

Post by Sam Winchester on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:36 am

Sam waited as Njorth finished his breakfast. He kind of reminded him of his brother a bit. They both ate the same way.

He listened patiently. So it seemed the cockroaches were in the kitchen and bathroom. They might have gnawed holes in the walls and have access to the rest of the house. Sam thought for a moment before turning and answering the Nord.

“No it isn’t,” he chuckled. “I don’t suppose you have white flour, sugar, and some boric acid. I don’t have any of my gear but those three mixed together should do the job. It would take the mixture a couple weeks to do its job but it’ll get rid of them.”
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:52 am

Flour, sugar, boric acid, standard kitchen fare, of course he had all that. Most people did, at least that's what Njorth thought. But a week for it to work... That was most unfortunate. He figured he would just have to keep the customers away from the kitchen and bathroom for the time being.

"Yes, yes, I have everything you need in the kitchen. You'll find sugar and flour in the breadbox and the poison is in the cabinet under the sink with the cleaning supplies. It should all be easy to find. Thank you for helping me, Mr. Winchester. While I will admit that I've dealt with spiders the size of cattle back on my world, dealing with tiny roaches that hole up in your walls is a different story completely. You can't quite hack apart a roach with an axe and be done with it. That just wont work."
    Sam Winchester
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    17/17  (17/17)

Post by Sam Winchester on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Sam couldn’t help but be a little shocked. Njorth’s home world had spiders that were the size of cattle… And the ex blood junkie thought his home had some pretty strange things. Hopefully those spiders didn’t follow the man here.

Walking to the kitchen, Sam pulled the powdered ingredients out from the breadbox and the acid out from under the sink.

“Always glad to help,” he replied with a smile as he grabbed a bowl. “Hope you don’t mind me asking but what exactly do you sell here?”

Pouring in the ingredients one at a time, Sam stirred them with wooden spoon until it was almost like a paste. “There, all you have to do now is pour this into smaller dishes and leave it where you see the bugs most.”
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:17 pm

"Oh, come Monday, I'll be selling potions of all sorts," Njorth began. "I practice alchemy, you see. For sale, you'll see healing, stamina, and invisibility potions, all quite useful in battle. Also, for whenever you fall ill, you'll find interest in my disease curing mixtures."

The Nord approached the poisonous concoction, immediately wrinkling his nose at the noxious smell that assaulted his nostrils. It was absolutely vile. Njorth was certain that a paste like this would kill anything, or make someone incredibly sick, at the very least.

"It certainly smells like it should kill the pests. Thanks again, Mr. Winchester. Now, about your payment... How much would you like? I don't particularly care to be cheap, unlike some of the skeevy merchants back home."
    Sam Winchester
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    17/17  (17/17)

Post by Sam Winchester on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:01 pm

“Interesting.” So the man practiced alchemy. Sam wasn’t familiar with the art but had heard of it. An ancient art that combined science and magic, that was the extent he really knew about. “So like an herbal doctor?”

Stepping back from the counter, he assessed the room for any signs of bugs. Didn’t find any though. “Don’t worry about it. You supplied the materials. All I did was make the paste.” Sam wasn’t going to charge someone for something this small. He just looked up a cheap and simple way to get rid of roaches. He thought for a moment though. “On second thought. If you ever look for someone to help run the shop, I wouldn’t mind helping out actually.”
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:56 pm

So the man was offering to help around the store? While the offer was certainly tempting, Njorth knew that he could handle the place himself. It was a small building, after all, and small buildings such as this one typically were not of high maintenance, which Njorth was highly grateful for. He didn't particularly enjoy cleaning.

"Thank you for the offer, but I don't think I'll be needing much help around the store. If you left me a contact number, however, I could call you up when I do need you. Now, are you absolutely certain that you don't want payment, Mr. Winchester? I really don't like to be cheap."
    Sam Winchester
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    17/17  (17/17)

Post by Sam Winchester on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:07 pm

“Well...” Sam rubbed the back of his neck. There was one thing the alchemist could do. The question was could he do it and Sam not sounding crazy when he asked. “Can you brew a potion that blocks out visions? Like illusions? Even hallucinations?”

He really didn’t want to say he saw hallucinations of the fallen angel Lucifer but how else would he explain his problem. That probably wouldn’t go over well if the shopkeeper knew the angel. Sam doubted if Njorth even heard of Satan but not hurt to be cautious.

“Awe Sammie. You don’t like my company? I’m the only family you have now.” The fake Lucifer was sitting at the table. He was frowning with his arms folded over his chest and feet propped up on the table. “It really hurts that you want to get rid of me. I thought we made a very lovely couple.” The hallucination chuckled. Only person that could see or hear the angel was Sam unless Njorth had the psychic ability to read the hunter’s mind. Sam did his best to ignore his tormentor.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:21 pm

"A potion that blocks out illusions and hallucinations, hm?" No, Njorth didn't know of any potions that blocked out these things specifically, but he did have a hunch. "I have never read of a potion that treats these specific symptoms, but I can try something. I could brew you a calming solution. Perhaps it will lessen the frequency and severity of these visions?"

It was then that Njorth had an idea.

"Ah, I know how I can repay you! I'll whip up the calming solution for you free of charge! How does that sound? Before I do, though, tell me: Are you allergic to lemon balm, valerian, or anything else? Lemon balm and valerian are the main ingredients of the potion, you see."
    Sam Winchester
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    17/17  (17/17)

Post by Sam Winchester on Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:45 pm

“That could work too.” Sam would appreciate a potion to keep Lucifer away. Less he saw or heard from the creator of demons, the better. He could potential get more than a few hours of sleep every night. He smiled. “Sounds good to me. I’m not allergic to those or any other herb really.”

Lucifer sat up in his chair. Didn’t say a thing, just look at Sam and grinned. Cabinet doors bursted open spilling out millions of bugs of every size and color. They began to pour out of the faucet and the walls like water. “I think you are going to need more of the mixture, ‘exterminator.’” Satan chuckled as he got up and walked around the room.

Of course all of this was an illusion but Sam couldn’t help but jump at the sight at what he saw. He instantly reached for his arm and gave it a pinch. The hallucination faded a bit but his tormentor was still there. “How long do you think that potion will take to brew?” he asked trying not to sound startled.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:34 pm

So Sam here wants to know how long his potion would take. As it turns out, he's in luck.

"Oh, most potions I work on do not take longer than two hours to make. There are exceptions, of course, but I do not believe that this is one of them," Njorth explained. "Now, I could just ask for a number to contact you when the brew is complete, but I do think that it would be more practical to just wait here or take a look around the Business District for a bit and come back. That's just me, though. In the end, it's all up to you, of course."
    Sam Winchester
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    17/17  (17/17)

Post by Sam Winchester on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Sam thought over his options. In light of his current state, he figured it would be best if he just went back to his room and waited. At least there no one would hear him freaking out…hopefully. His room did have noise muffling wards so no one should be able to hear him.

“I think I’ll head back to my room at the Stock Pot Inn. Got to tidy the place up a bit.” He replied still having a firm grasp on his arm. He didn’t know if Njorth knew where that place was. Hopefully he did. “I’m in room 138 on the first floor. Just knock three times so I know it is you.”

Making his way to the front door, his eyes darted around the room as the bugs began to fade but his tormentor’s laugh was still strong and ringing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 am