460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

EVOLUTION.EXE

Post by Nym on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:17 am

TIME: 02:34
    JUNE 6th YEAR 5

"NNng..."

Tossing and turning, Nym tried his best to sleep through the pain he had been feeling that day. A strange cramp in his chest, shortness of breath and burning sensations through his muscles tortured him for many hours before he tried to fall asleep. He didn't want to worry anyone, so he told no one of his condition, but...

"It burns..." he whimpered out-loud, though muffled by the pillow he was clenching like a toddler did with a teddy bear when scared. Between the pain he was feeling and the thoughts of worry and dread that constantly plagued the back of his mind, Nym couldn't take much more of this. He kicked his legs to see if that would help, he breathed heavily, grasped his chest, even removed his collar, wondering if it was cutting off his air-flow. But nothing relieved him. Kev... he could wake him, but was this an emergency? Maybe he had eaten something that was bad? Kev was mouthless and may or may not know what people can or cannot eat--but the food he bought was usually just right for the Digimon.

What was this... when was the last time he felt this way? It had a stinging--or burning--familiarity to it, like it had happened once before. "Hmg!!" Before he could finish the thought, Nym covered his mouth, feeling like he would wretch if he didn't. Scampering quietly, Nym rushed outside, not wanting to wake Kev with sounds of vomiting and released his paws from his mouth. Nothing came out, and he merely coughed, falling to his knees on the grass and still trying to breathe. Something's wrong, but... I don't want to bother Kev... I... I think this happened before... he tried to comfort himself, hoping it would just all be over soon--whatever it was.

The burning sensation grew more and more in the pit of his stomach until his body was burning white hot, and Nym was unable to control himself.

With the screaming continued, Nym's body emitted a bright white light that could be seen for miles around, no doubt peering in through the window of the  barn and Kev's room. The screaming finally stopped, as did the light, and upon the ground, Nym's form was much larger, and more feral. His eyes twitched as he tried to open them, but he couldn't seem to, and all that he heard was his own thoughts. That hurt! It burned so badly... but I feel... better... I... I should get up... I should let Kev know I'm okay now... Nym opened his eyes and lifted himself up, only to see that he was much taller, and was on four legs.

"It... happened again?..." he said, his voice deep, yet calm. He looked down at his paws and then turned to see a bit of his body, but what concerned him more was if he had woken Kev... and if the alien was alright. "I hope I didn't scare him--or won't." He turned around and looked to the door, realizing he was much too big to go back inside. It seemed like he'd have to find a place outside to sleep from now on.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: EVOLUTION.EXE

Post by Kev on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Wrapped up in a blanket and fast asleep in his bed, Kev had been undisturbed by Nym's pain and confusion. He could be a very deep sleeper sometimes and tonight, he was busy in a dream about a picnic with some mushroom people! Though for some reason, one of the mushrooms seemed to be screaming. But why would they scream? There was no one here to eat them. He told them as much, gotten a confused look and they insisted that none of them had been screaming. Confused, Kev couldn't help but notice that the mushroom kingdom was getting rather bright as well. Eventually, Kev's heavy eyelids lifted and stared blankly around the room, primarily at the window and the light seeping in from it. "Wha..." It only took a few moments for him to realize the screams were coming from outside and the realization jerked him out of bed. "Nym?!" The light outside stopped, the screaming did as well but Kev wasted no time in jumping out of bed and practically flying down the stairs.

In a pair of pajamas pants but not much else, Kev flung the door open and stared outside, waiting a moment for his eyes to adjust to the darkness before he drew back into the doorway. "Nyagh! What-what are you?!" A large wolf was outside, looking right at him. He glanced around quickly, but saw no sign of Nym. The animals in the barn made a few noises, but otherwise seemed fine and uneaten. The door was still closed. There was no sign of any sort of fight between this wolf and Nym either, though Nym's absence still worried him. He fixed his large eyes on the wolf again and narrowed them, stepping out onto the porch to face this thing more directly.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" If he thought he was going to be getting a snack to go, he had another thing coming.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:52 am

Nym's body still felt a little warm, but as he took a step forward, he felt suddenly familiar and comfortable with it. Walking on all four paws wasn't something he did too often, but now he'd have to. How would he draw? A small grumble escaped him at the thought--he couldn't color anymore! But... at least he was larger and more intimidating, right? And such proof would be Kev, who stormed out of the house in a blaze of confusion as he looked upon the large blue wolf and seemed... startled. He didn't know it was Nym? Did the collar not--oh... wait, he removed his collar. Well, this would be interesting to explain, wouldn't it?

The blue wolf took a few steps forward as Kev seemed to hold his ground, and once he was very close to Kev's face... slllllurrrrrrrrp! A nice lick should make him realize he meant no harm! "Don't worry, Kev, I'm not here to hurt anyone. I'd never do that," he stated, though his mouth didn't move too much as he spoke. "I'm sorry I woke you up, I was trying to be quiet, but it would seem the pain was too great." Nym sat down in front of the alien as he continued to look at him, sniffing him a bit. His senses were off the charts in this form! Everything smelled so much more clear than before!

"You should recognize your own son, shouldn't you? Though, I did change quite a bit..." he said with a small hint of amusement in his calm voice.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:38 pm

A few moments after Kev gave his stern little demand about who the wolf was, he suddenly realized that maaaybe that was a dumb idea. Mainly, he wasn't entirely sure if this wolf could talk, so demanding answers from it might be useless. He was just rather used to animals that could talk, or at least could talk if they were different from normal and a large white and blue wolf was definitely different from normal. The wolf came closer, Kev holding his ground stiffly as he stared it down sternly...and suddenly earned a lick.

Slllllurrrrrrrrp. "W-wha?! You better not be test-tasting me!" He pulled away and rubbed the spit away, narrowing his eyes. They widened when the wolf suddenly spoke though. "You...wouldn't? Wait...how do you know my name?" Maybe he was new and had heard from him or something...maybe it was another friend of Fluttershy's.Oddly enough, the wolf started to apologize. "Its...um, alright. I suppose...wait, the pain?" What pain? He looked the wolf over, eyes scrutinizing as he tried to riddle this out.

...Nym? wrote:"You should recognize your own son, shouldn't you?"

...What? He stared for a moment, before stepping forward and looking the wolf over. He placed a hand on his own chest and looked up into the wolf--Nym's face. "...Nym? You...you changed again, huh? You got...a lot bigger." He easily towered over him now, along with Aya. Though he wasn't sure if the digimon would tower over Zurg or not. "Are you alright? You said it...hurt? Did it hurt last time?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:32 am

There you go, Kev! Figured it out! A small smile came over the wolf's face as Kev found out his 'son' had become much bigger and slightly different than before. "I have," he answered coolly, and nodded once more, "it hurt last time, as well, but not as badly. I think it hurt more this time because I'm now more powerful, and I'm now bigger." Something that happened last time also happened, as well. Electronics and clocks of any sort had messed up briefly and reset. Kev would need to most likely set the clocks and other devices he had inside to their natural state, but this was something he probably didn't need to worry about.

"I'm sorry for waking you, I tried to be silent, but I couldn't seem to keep myself from yelling." Well, at least Kev knew now! But it was very late (or early) and the alien was most likely either sleepy, or the adrenaline would wear out soon and he'd be able to sleep again. Nym himself had the latter issue, and he was feeling a little sleepy, though not too much. "I guess I can't sleep inside, but that's alright," Nym nudged his head against Kev's hand, "I can sleep outside and it'll be easier to keep predators at bay."

There wasn't much else to address, was there? Nym had grown once more and though he'd enjoy sauntering around and showing off his new build, it was quite late, and both needed their rest. "Are you feeling well enough to sleep again, Kev?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:08 pm

Nym's little cycle was certainly proving to be interesting. First he'd been an egg, then a little black, bouncing head. Soon after he'd become a bouncy kitty head with a tail, and then he'd become a biped dog with punching gloves. Now he was a large wolf...it boggled his mind, and made him wonder what else, if anything, Nym would become? "I guess that makes sense!" He'd also been so young last time. This time, he was practically an adult. Kev eyed Nym's new front paws in particular, although he'd gone from a head to a body last time, it surely must have hurt to go from two legs to all fours.

"Its alright Nym, you don't have to apologize. You didn't mean to wake me up, and if you're hurt, you're gonna make noise no matter how much you don't want to." It was odd to look up at his son rather than down...and his voice...he sounded like a real adult now. Remembering how much Nym wanted to be an adult and seen as one, he could guess that Nym must be all around happy with this change. "Oh right..." He glanced at the front door. Suppose he couldn't really fit inside now...another upside to him moving out here, the thought of Nym evolving into this form in the inn was an interesting one. "Sleep outside...alright." Kev's hand was nudged, and in return he gave Nym's head a fond stroke.

"Yeah, I'm feeling well enough to sleep. But...maybe since this is your first time sleeping out here, I can stay out here with you. Just for tonight. Is that okay?" Nym was definitely an adult now, and with this new body, he could handle himself! But the idea of something trying to hurt the digimon under his watch was still worrying.

Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:26 am

Nym was still naive to things, but he was now an adult, which indeed made him happy. Hopefully, people wouldn't be calling him a 'pup' any longer, as it irked him slightly. More so when he was called a 'child' rather than pup, to be honest. But he had nothing to worry about, he was grown, and he'd grow more. But that would much farther into the future, and hopefully, Kev, Zurg and Aya would all be witness to it. His tail wagged very slightly with happiness, not like before where it waggled quickly about, and instead, moved slowly and flicked gently. "Mmhmm," he grumbled in reply.

Sleep outside, Kev? "You want to sleep outside with me? I don't see why not, but it might not be comfortable. Bugs and what not. But I can make my fur soft and plush for you to snuggle into it. Would that help?" he asked as he looked around the area, eyes scanning for a place to settle down. Nym moved over to a spot that was near the front door, but the river could be heard slightly in the distance, and the barn was in plain view. It would work well for someone who'd be guarding it, and the large wolf-monster circled before settling down.

"I can't wait to show Aya and Zurg. Do you think they'll be surprised?" he asked, a smirk appearing on his maw as he crossed his large paws and made his fur soft. The sharpness and gleam it held now made it look soft and downy, almost like a large pillow. "I'll keep you warm, Kev. And don't worry about anything, I'll keep the bugs away, too." Bugs up the nose or in the pajamas, what an annoying thought! He'd give Kev a lick on the face for reassurance.

Nym was greatly enjoying this size difference. He couldn't wait to get his legs moving, running around the place at speeds only others dreamed of.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Kev watched the tail wag, still trying to absorb how much Nym's body had changed. Before, he looked a lot like a dog. A dog that stood on two legs, but still a dog. His tail wagged in a manner that made him think of his own dogs. His new form was a lot more like a wolf, very muscular and strong, and the tail was a lot less...doglike with its wagging. The fur around his head even made Kev think of a lion. He'd definitely become stronger, sturdier somehow. He was an adult, but Kev could still sense the same digimon inside, despite how intimidating he seemed at first. The voice took some getting used to, but he still seemed like Nym.

"I've slept outside before! Usually in a sleeping bag, but its not that different." And a church pew pretty much took the cake for being incredibly uncomfortable. His head cocked to the side however, when Nym offered to 'make' his fur soft. Make? Though he glanced to the fur that stuck straight up in Nym, and focused on how the fur on his muzzle did seem rather stiff. "Sure, that'd be fine! Good thing winter's over, huh?" Otherwise he'd need more than just Nym's fur to stay warm. He'd need a thicker, bulkier pair of pajamas, a sleeping bag, maybe a blanket...the alien followed behind Nym as he found a place to settle down.

"I bet they will! The height difference might be the most surprising part for them, right behind 'Oh my gosh, Nym's a wolf'!" He snickered to himself, and decided to wait until Nym seemed ready before laying down with him. Once the white and blue fur seemed soft and downy, Kev sat down and leaned himself against the digimon's side, nuzzling his head slightly into the fur. "Thank you Nym!" Kev gave him a trill before he curled up against the digimon. "Sleep well, okay?" His hand stroked some of the fur on his side. Nym was truly growing up, and even though it was fast sometimes, he still felt awfully proud of him. He was turning out to be a good person.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:13 am