650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Scoping

Post by Tally on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:51 am

Time:Noon
    Date: 06/09/04

COMPETITION!

A while ago Tally wrote:I was just thinking, oh no, If you set up a teleportation system to the second continent, maybe I could sell some of what I do here over there. I mean, don't get me wrong, i'm basically in this for the knowledge. But being able to turn a profit wouldn't be too bad either.

This is what she got for waiting for the snow to melt. Oh well, nothing to be done about it, and competition was suppose to be healthy after all. Tally could live with a little bit of adversary, and it wasn't like they would both even be in the same city when this was over with. She had plans to set up shop all right, but it certainly wasn't going to be in the main city, not with what she was planning on peddling. No, the Ss'ruul city would suit her needs just fine, especially once the teleportation system was implemented.

Buuuuuuuuut. Even with that being as it was, Tally still could not quell her curiosity, she wanted to see what this "nookery" had to offer. And just what this new blood was capable of doing. She found the shop with little trouble, it was nice, very pleasant looking. Opening the door she stepped in and looked around, she didn't know anything about the owner, so she had to wonder what exactly they would be like and what sort of materials they were using.

Last edited by Tally on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Re: Scoping

Post by Njorth on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:07 pm

Njorth sat in the shop loveseat, reading. The book was a guide to the native flora of Portal Breach that he had purchased a few days back. It provided much needed research on where he could find ingredients for his potions. For now, The Nord rested rather than stay at the register. He liked to rest whenever possible, as standing in one spot for an extended period of time tended to make his back hurt.

It was then that Njorth heard the front door open. He looked up from his book to see a someone entering the shop. A customer! He quickly sat the book down, approaching the woman.

"Welcome to the Nookery. I'm Njorth, the owner. How might I be of assistance?"
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Tally looked around, eyeing the wares if there are any on display. She looked around, scanning the room, she wondered if the owner kept any of their raw materials in their shop. Maybe they too owned a garden.

Someone wrote:"Welcome to the Nookery. I'm Njorth, the owner. How might I be of assistance?"

Looks like someone was here. Hi, I'm just looking currently, are you the owner? She asked. Tally extended a polite hand to shake and took in the other human looking individual. He was taller than her, looked like he spent some time outside, he looked strong. She didn't recognize him in the least. Don't think we've ever met, I'm Tally, you are? She wondered casually how far she could throw him if she ever needed to as she waited for his reply.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:02 pm

The shop owner reached out his hand to meet the customer's, shaking firmly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Tally. I'm Njorth. Here, I sell potions of all kinds. From simple healing potions to potions that cure disease, you can find it all here. Back in my world, there was an alchemy shop in town, Arcadia's Cauldron. I myself had always wanted to run an alchemy shop of my own, been working in that field for a long time. I just never had the heart to do it, though. I didn't want to steal Arcadia's customers. Just imagine my joy at discovering this abandoned shop for sale. I bought it the second I had the chance. But enough about all that. Is there anything here in the shop of interest to you?"
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:54 am

Quite the open and friendly one, well Tally just learned quite a bit about her new competition. Not that she exactly disapproved, she hadn't met many others that shared her enthusiasm about this sort of stuff. Though...whether his excitement was as zealous as hers had yet to be seen, that and he also seemed to be working with alchemy, what exactly did that all entail? She had no idea, nor could she even begin to imagine, it sounded like it had to do with magic though.

She didn't know a thing about magic. That was more of Sonia's area of expertise.

I'm not sure yet, I was just about to have a look, she said taking her hand back and turning to look at the shelves. "Healing, Stamina, Invisibility," The heck was with that last one? This definitely felt like it had a lot more to do with magic than what she was getting into. That last one's impressive, I think i'll take it. She looked around the place again.

This place reminds me of a guy that use to live here, always talked about how he wanted to open up something similar, sell potions. Never got around to it though, Mainly because he had disappeared, transferred from what she remembered. To be honest though he had been kind of a dick so...not much lost?

Shame, lost a lot of revenue selling stuff to him for his potions,
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:25 pm

"Ah, invisibility, an excellent choice! Coming right up!" Njorth beamed, making his way behind the fronts counters. He took a potion from the shelf, sitting it down next to the register. It was contained in a clear bottle, the cloudy silver liquid visible from the outside. "That'll be 30 credits. You wont regret this purchase, that I can assure you. Potions of invisibility are especially handy in battle, where the drinker could simply slink away in the midst of it and recover. The effects, however, are temporary, so make haste when using it. Remember, though: The store has a policy regarding the bottles. We require that you bring the bottle back once the potion has been consumed. Bottles cost money, you know."
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:36 pm

....huh....

Ooookay then,

Tally would just chalk up the lack of response as this Njorth fellow simply being focused on getting out his whole bottle line. Or maybe being hard of hearing, or just not that interested in what she had to say. Required bottle return huh? But what if the bottle broke? What if it got lost? This guy wasn't going to come and find her and break her kneecaps was he? ..Not that he could, lord she'd probably curb stomp him. But still...

Ah, whatever, Tally pulled out the credits and handed them to Njorth and accepted her new potion in return. Alright i'll remember all of that. Thanks again Njorth, nice meeting you. Time to get a moving, she had a new potion, but more than that she had an idea of who her competition would be. Taking her stuff she waved goodbye to the potion maker and left.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:12 pm