Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

I Wont Be Needing This Key Anymore

Post by Njorth on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:37 pm

((Store/house development thread! A Continuation of this thread.))

DATE: MAY 31ST, 2014
    TIME: 1:45 PM

Njorth had walked for about fifteen minutes before reaching the inn. He entered the building, immediately heading in the direction of the public phones. Remembering the note he saw on the information paper, he dialed. It wan't long before he heard the unmistakable sound of ringing. He tapped his foot, impatiently enduring through each ring. This is taking much longer than it should. Maybe he should call back la-

"Hello?" a voice on the other end said. Finally!

"Yes, have I reached the proper number to inquire about that abandoned alchemist's shop-home for sale in the business district?" Yes, great! "Would you mind giving me the price on it?" Gods above, he knew it was on sale, but not for that low a price. It was starting to look like this wasn't too good to be true after all. "Oh, that is a perfect price! I am definitely interested in buying. Now, what information do you need for me, and where should I meet up with you to seal the deal? Yes, mm hmm, yes," he listened. "Great, I'll be there shortly!"

The Nord hung up the phone, subsequently heading for the front desk. He laid his cardkey on the table and waited for service. He wouldn't be needing it anymore.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: I Wont Be Needing This Key Anymore

Post by Wind Waker Link on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:59 am

Busy, busy, busy, that was what today was. Sums to be added up, multiplied, deducted and what not before it must be double-checked, summarised and filed away in preparation for a new month. It was all hands on deck in the innkeeper’s office as the two Links worked on the documents, determined to get as much done so that June could be spent partly on the beach instead of behind a desk.

So it was that Link was in the middle of some pretty intense receipts scrutiny when his sensitive hearing pick up somebody at the front desk. Huh? Must be just a tenant walking by.

“Njorth is waiting at the desk,” a fairy said as she peeked through the blinds that covered the window on the door to the reception desk. Well, there went the ‘walking by’  thought.

Before the fairy nor his assistant innkeeper could volunteer to take care of it by themselves, the older boy in green swung around in his chair and hopped off it. A few seconds later, he was out at the desk, waving cheerily at the Nord.

“Hello, how can we help?” Neri the fairy chimed, following after the boy to be his ‘voice’ on this occasion.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:03 pm

"Ah yes, hello. I'm here to turn in my cardkey," Njorth said, moving the key closer to the fairy. "I just got off the phone with the realtor, and I'm about to meet up with him to purchase this abandoned shop-home I came across in the business district. Sure, it looks like it'll need some work, but I've always wanted to run an alchemy shop. I'm sure the purchase will be completely worth it."

Njorth looked at a nearby clock on the wall. He would need to leave soon if he didn't want to be late for his meeting.

"So, long story short, I don't think I'll be needing my key anymore."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Link blinked. Return…. a cardkey? The boy did some quick counting in his head. Let’s see, Njorth arrived on this date and now it is this date so that was… The innkeeper shared a look with his fairy, he blinked in baffled surprise and she tilted her glow to return the emotion in fairy form.

“But you had only been here a little while,” Neri said. Can a property be purchased that quickly and easily? They honestly did not know since they never had to go about doing something like that. Perhaps the Nord was secretly a fantabulously rich person and could indeed get a property that quick if you splashed enough credits around.

Nodding slowly, Link picked up the cardkey from the desk and gave it a cursory examination before he nodding again.

“Well, if you really are set to go then very well, we’ll take the cardkey back. It had been a pleasant tenancy. We wish you luck at your new place,” the fairy chimed and Link echoed the sentiment with a wide smile of his own.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:16 pm

"Eh, truth be told, at the back of my mind I do wonder if there's some kind of catch. Never have I heard of property selling for that low a price, and with all the furniture included? Yeah, it does raise a few flags, but if there really is something wrong with the place, I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle."

Njorth smiled, looking back on the day he first arrived at the inn.

"I wasn't exactly in a huge hurry to leave. You run a lovely establishment here, and I definitely enjoyed my stay. Keep an eye out for my store in the business district. I'll be working on having it up and running as soon as possible."

((And Njorth does indeed find out why it was for sale at such a low price))

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:16 pm