Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Re: Where the Hell am I?

Post by Frank West on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:51 pm

"Oof, I hear ya. Not the biggest fan of fire myself." Frank said with a chuckle. He definitely enjoyed the girl's company, even if it was a bit odd talking to a living Mummy. Alien, Frank corrected himself. She just looks like a Mummy.  It hadn't really hit him until now; he was talking to an honest-to-god alien. There were so many things he could ask...

"Hey, you said you were an alien, right? What's it like out there? In space, I mean. The closest I ever got to space back home was some crummy theme park." he said, laughing a bit at the memory.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:07 pm

"Oh, about my planet? I'm sure it's majorly different from what you're used to," she explained. "In truth, I'm not actually of my home planet's native species. Those would be the Transylians. Come to find out, they look a lot like what you humans call 'Frankenstein monsters.' The other non-native species include Loboans, which are large, wolf-like aliens, and Ectonurites, who are like ghosts. Yeah, it's much different than Earth, if I do say so myself. Am I right? Ha, and to think that they call humans monsters! They're all a bunch of babies, if you ask me, letting themselves get all worked up over a puny little human! Ah, no offense, Frank."
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:37 pm

"Wow, must be like a horror movie 24/7 up there." Frank said, thinking aloud. "Me, I've had enough trouble with other humans." he went on, recalling the Fortune City debacle. "You'd be surprised just how dangerous they can be, especially when they go nuts!" He thought about bringing up Slappy for a moment, but figured that'd just be mean. "Of course, the Zombies were no picnic to deal with either. You got anything like zombies out there? Slow, not too bright, dangerous in numbers...?" he trailed off, remembering his original question. "But I actually meant space itself. You ever been off-planet?"
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:47 pm

"Ha! Funny you should mention zombies!" Olabisi interjected with a laugh. "Omerowons are like zombies. Though we didn't have any in my town, I wouldn't be surprised if another town on my planet had them. Not too long ago, we were also under invasion from Lord Transyl, a Vladat, last of his species, if I'm not mistaken. You can probably guess what kind of monster his species is like. That's right, he's basically an alien vampire. He had the whole population of my town turned into puppets, me included. Luckily the situation was dealt with. Heh, I guess you really could say that my planet is basically one big horror movie. I always loved it there, though."
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:07 pm

"Mnyeeh, I can definitely see the appeal. I was a bit of a horror buff myself back in my college days." Frank reminisced. "Sounds like the only thing you're missing is a Creature from the Black Lagoon!" he said with a chuckle. "Too bad vampires ain't what they used to be...come to think of it, I'd guess they have those around here, too?" he pondered. "Man, this whole place is like some sorta weird, intergalactic toy-box..."

Frank had barely realized just how far they'd gone, wrapped up as he was in their conversation. Suddenly, he noticed a building that was almost unmistakably a hospital just a few streets ahead. "Looks like we're almost there!" he remarked, pointing out the hospital.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:21 pm

"See? I told you I knew the way. Now let's hurry up before there are too many people in queue for the doctor," Olabisi commented, picking up the pace of her stride.

"You know, you've got me curious there, Frank," she said, a quizzical expression on her face. "What's this about vampires not being what they used to be, hm? What's happened to them? Oh, don't tell me that they've been sissified by human media. That would be such a shame! It's always the media, ruining everything! It's a terrible truth, but sadly the same holds true for more than just Earth media."
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:43 pm

"Humph, no surprise there." said Frank as he picked up his pace to match Ola's. "Is the place really that busy normally? This doesn't seem like a particularly violent neighborhood." Frank looked around, pristine, futuristic buildings surrounding him on all sides. Some of the skyscrapers made the Hospital look positively tiny. This is gonna take some getting used to. he thought to himself. As they got closer to the front doors, Frank found that, whatever the reason, there was quite a line outside. Once again the sheer diversity amongst those gathered was stunning. Man, they must be really well equipped to tend to all these different species of aliens. he thought. I wonder if maybe...nah, best not get my hopes up.

Last edited by Frank West on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:14 am

"I don't think there's any place out there without crime, Frank, and this place is no exception. However, while we do have our crime, many of the injuries around here pop up as a result of sparring matches, which seem to be a favorite pastime in these parts. It would seem that you arrive in this world in a weaker state than whatever you were before falling through the portal, and the residents have found that fighting seems to recover some of that lost power each time you do it. Well, that's what I've heard, at least," she explained.

"Huh, kinda reminds you of your human video games, doesn't it? What's that you call it? Level grinding?"
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:38 am

"Somethin' like that." Frank said, "That certainly doesn't do me any favors. I was already starting to feel my age catchin' up with me before I got here." Having more or less reached the front entrance, Frank took a moment to observe the Hospital up close. It was stunning. It was possibly the cleanest white he'd ever seen, nothing but smooth, metallic walls and a seemingly holographic Red Cross adorning it's outside. "Sooo...do we just walk in? I assume there's a check-in counter or something, right?" Frank asked, watching as even more strange, alien creatures filed into the building.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:53 am

"I guess," Olabisi said, shrugging. "I've never actually been in here yet, and I guess I'm lucky that I haven't, but I'm assuming that it isn't all that different from any other hospital out there. I'm sure they have what you need in there."

She thought about whether or not she should come in with him. He seemed to be able to handle himself at this point, but it couldn't hurt to ask, right?

"Say, Frank, do you want me to come in with you, or do you think you can handle things from here? Just being sure."
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:07 am

Frank stopped to think about it for a moment. On the one hand, he reasoned. I don't really need her to come in with me...but on the other... he began, shifting slightly as though to quite literally weigh his options. It has been awful nice to have her company up to this point, and it's not like she'd be coming into the Doctor's office with you. They probably have a waiting room, right? He stroked his chin, considering the pros and cons. Finally, he spoke."Well, if you have places to be, don't let me stop ya, but if you're not too busy, it has been kinda nice having company."

((If you do come, I'll start us a new thread in the Hospital proper))
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:45 am

((Yeah, I think she'll be following him in))
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:15 pm

((Good, simply write an IC post with her saying as much when you get a chance and we'll continue on in the new thread.))
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Olabisi wore a wide grin on her bandaged face. Frank's desire for her company making her feel all warm and fuzzy. Never has someone wanted her around this badly, at least never since she fell head first into that portal and left her friends at home behind. He really seems like he would mind her coming in with him. And hey, what did she have to lose? She didn't have anything else to do today anyways.

"No, I don't have anywhere to be, at least not right now. I guess I'll come in with you. I'll just wait for you in the waiting room, maybe pick up a magazine or something."

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:18 am