Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Where the Hell am I?

Post by Frank West on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Time: 04:44 PM
    Date: June 02, 2014

Frank let out a short cry as he landed on his shoulder. Cursing internally, he sat and caught his breath for a moment, wincing slightly at the pain still radiating through his arm. Rolling onto his back, he closed his eyes and breathed deeply. Okay, note to self: if you don't know where something leads, don't jump through it. he thought to himself.

Opening his eyes, Frank gazed up into the sky. Good thing I'm still wearing my shades. he thought absentmindedly. Suddenly, a small object flew across his view of the sky. Then another, and another. The Hell? Are those... Moving to get up, Frank propped himself up on his shoulders (Wincing again as a dull throb went through the one he'd landed on) and squinted, trying to get a better look at the strange objects darting across the sky.

As he watched, he noticed two of them coming from opposite directions stop near some sort of floating buoy. After a moment, a colored light coming from the buoy changed from red to green, and the two objects moved past each other. "...Cars?" Frank sat up as the noises around him suddenly became apparent. The sounds of dozens of footsteps all around him, the sounds of cars rushing by, the sounds of distant voices advertising products he'd never heard of.

Looking around, Frank realized he was on the sidewalk of a road. Quickly realizing the inconvenience he was no doubt posing those making their daily commute, he finally got himself on his feet. Dusting off his suit jacket, he continued to observe his surroundings. He appeared to be in some sort of city, that much he could tell, but why were there cars in the sky? How was that possible? Taking a moment to crack his back and stretch out a bit, Frank turned around at the sound of another car rushing by.

Those cars look...fairly normal. Why the Hell are there cars in the sky, too? Realizing he was still in people's way, Frank made his way to small park on the side of the road, taking a seat on one of the benches therein. Okay, calm down. Just gotta collect my thoughts, and figure out what's goin' on here. he told himself.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Re: Where the Hell am I?

Post by Olabisi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:37 pm

Ah, hot dogs. They had become somewhat of a guilty pleasure for Olabisi since she tried one a few days ago. So here she is, visiting a hot dog cart despite it being much to early to be considering dinner. The mummy didn't care, though. She was hungry, so she was going to eat, simple as that. She paid the vendor, and was given her food. It was beautiful. Sesame bun, weenie, spicy chili, melted cheese, onions... Truly a sight to behold! She took one bite of the gorgeous hot dog and fell instantly in love. It was absolutely perfect!

Her impending fit of gluttony, however, was interrupted by the sound of a loud thud nearby. She looked in the direction of the sound, and was greeted with the sight of a man brushing himself off, presumably having fallen on the sidewalk. As he sat down on the bench, she made her way over to the stranger, taking a seat next to him while still holding her hot dog.

"Lemme guess: You saw this blue light, checked it out, fell into it, and now you're here. Is that right?"
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Okay, so. Frank began. I was in my apartment, getting a drink, when the ground started shaking. I looked outside and there was a light and some smoke in the distance. Then buildings started collapsing...wait. Frank's eyes widened as the possibility hit him. Did someone drop a-

Before Frank could come to his horrifying conclusion, he was interrupted by a feminine voice addressing him.

Olabisi wrote:"Lemme guess: You saw this blue light, checked it out, fell into it, and now you're here. Is that right?"

"Uh..." Frank took a moment to come back to reality, turning to see who was talking to him. "...Yeah, er, well, sorta. How did you-" Frank stopped as he saw who he was speaking to. It...appeared to be a...well, uh, a... "I-I'm sorry, but...are you a mummy?" he stammered out in disbelief.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:13 pm

Of course, questions about Ola's seeming state of undeath were to be expected. Luckily for this man, she didn't mind answering them.

"Am I a mummy? Kinda, but not really. I get that a lot. I'm a Thep Khufan. To you, human, I would be considered an alien. I am not of your Earth, you see. I come from another planet, Anur Transyl," she paused for a moment, laughing to herself. "Funny how the people on my planet take to humans. We had this human crash land in our town, and everyone chased him around thinking he was a monster. I'll admit, I wasn't scared of him, but I joined the mob anyways. I just thought it'd be fun to throw rotten fruit at someone. Buuuut I'm getting off subject. I know how you got here because I fell through one of those lights myself. That's how just about everyone got here. This here is Portal Breach. You, sir, fell through a portal."
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Frank just sat in silence for a moment, taking in the strange creature's words. "...Okay, so you're not a mummy, you're just an alien that looks like a mummy?"Frank sighed, bringing a hand up to his face to rub his eyes. "Sure, why not?" he said with a defeated chuckle. "So, Miss Mummy, what exactly is 'Portal Breach?'" he asked, making exaggerated quotation mark gestures upon speaking the supposed name of his new surroundings.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:45 pm

"It's hard to explain," Olabisi began. "I'm not even sure if most people here know exactly what this place is. From what I can gather, though, this is supposedly a world created by these 'portal deities,' I think they're called. I've heard that we were all dragged here because our respective universes were in danger of being destroyed, but I'm not so sure if I believe that."

She paused, taking another bite of her hot dog. After swallowing, she continued.

"I mean, my planet seemed to be in perfect shape at the time one of those portals appeared in the center of my home town. Everyone else was too scared to check it out, so I did, and here I am. In fact, I've been here for exactly one month now. I arrived on the 2nd of May. But here's the thing: There's apparently no going back once you fall through the portal. If there is a way to go home, nobody's found it yet."
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:55 pm

In Danger of being Destroyed... Frank mused, pieces clicking into place in his head. Maybe that really was a nuke... Frank shook his head; he really didn't want to think about that. Besides, the Mummy's world seemed alright. Maybe what happened before he went through that 'portal' was just an isolated incident. "So what you're saying is...we're stuck here?"
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:04 pm

"Yeah, pretty much. It's not really a bad thing, though. I mean, it could've been worse. This place is nice enough, I guess. It's alright. Yes, I have some friends back at home that I miss. A lot. I even heard one of them yelling my name as I fell through the portal, in fact."

Her eyes widened as the word "name" escaped her lips. She promptly facepalmed.

"Oh my goodness, this whole time we've been here and I haven't even asked your name! Me, I'm Olabisi, or just Ola, if you prefer. That's what my friends liked to call me."
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:15 pm

"Well, I guess we better make the best of it, then." Frank said, straightening up. "The name's Frank, Frank West." Frank said, extending his hand. He faltered however, when a thought occurred to him. "Say, Ola, you wouldn't happen to know if there's a hospital around here would ya?"
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:32 pm

"I'm guessing you hurt yourself when you fell through the portal? I was dropped from the sky, so that doesn't surprise me in the least. Yes, there's a hospital nearby. It's in the downtown area," she directed him, pointing in its general direction. "I'd say it's somewhere over in that direction. That's where downtown is, at least. Do you think you can get there yourself, or would you like me to walk there with you? You are hurt, after all. I wouldn't want you to injure yourself further on the way there. That wouldn't be a good thing, now would it?"
    Pirate Lord Ridley

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Moderator Note: Please remember that the minimum word count for posts is 100 words, unless you're creating a thread, upon which it's 200. Thank you!

Lord Ridley: #804040
    Space Pirates: #408080
    Credit of breathtaking character sheet image to Kritken on DeviantART!
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Frank couldn't help but smile at the girl's concern, but it was short-lived. He had other things to worry about. "Well, I did land on my shoulder pretty good, but that's just a bruise, at worst. Besides, was my own damn fault for jumping through the thing." he chuckled a bit at that. "Let's just say that I have a...pre-existing condition. One that I'll need to figure out how to take care of now." he felt a bit embarrassed at that, hopefully she wouldn't take that the wrong way. "I suppose I could use the company though; I'm kinda used to people followin' me around." he said with a smirk.

Frank grunted as he stood up from the bench, his back still bothering him after his rough landing earlier. "Besides, I still have a few more questions, anyway."
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:05 pm

"Well let's get going, then. It's probably in our best interest to get a move on. We don't want to walk in on too much of a line, now do we?" Olabisi said, getting up and taking another bite of her hot dog.

"You need help getting up?" she asked, a smile forming under her bandages as she reached out her hand.  "Oh, what am I saying? You said it was just a bruise on your shoulder. I'm probably underestimating you here. It's not like you can't walk, right? Of course, I wouldn't mind helping you up if you needed me to."

(I use this when I make posts. Maybe it can help you: http://www.wordcounter.net )
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Frank stretched once again, a pleasing little krick emanating from his back as he did so. "Nah, I'm alright." he said with a smile. "I certainly appreciate the offer, though." Frank started walking in the direction Ola had indicated, and she followed shortly after. For how strange the situation was, Frank found himself surprisingly relaxed. So far, this whole thing had been rather pleasant. He took the moment of silence to observe his surroundings again. Creatures of all colors, shapes, and sizes could be seen walking the streets, neon signs adorning nearly every building in sight. He wondered if this was what Times Square was like; he wondered if he'd ever see Times Square for himself now.

Bah, that's not important right now. he assured himself. What's important right now is getting to the hospital, and seeing what they can do about the infection. If they don't have Zombrex, maybe they'll have something like it. After all, if there are Alien Mummies here, it wouldn't be that far-fetched for there to be Zombies, right? Frank found his eyes once again drifting to the 'cars' whizzing around above them. "Say...uh, are those thing up there some sort of flying cars?" he asked somewhat sheepishly.

Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:33 pm

"Flying cars? Yep, I guess you can say that they are. Those aren't the weirdest things around here, though, not by a long shot. People come here from all sorts of universes. For one, there's the gigantic car demon. That's right, I said car demon. I don't think I'd care to meet him, though. He's covered in flames, from what I've heard, and I am not a fan of fire."

Olabisi tried not to seem afraid at the mention of fire, but she just couldn't help but shudder.

"Let's just say that fire isn't exactly the best thing for you when your skin's made of bandages..."

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:31 pm