Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Not exactly intended

Post by Vassar Jorim on Sat May 31, 2014 10:29 pm

Time: 14:34 PM
    Date: 5/31/0005

The experience thus far in this "Portal Breach" reminded him of the sort of dream you knew was a dream but you couldn't wake up from and it was unsettling. Or maybe terrifying was a better word for it. But falling victim to terror was a bad move so that it why he kept preoccipying  his time with just searching for more information. And Vassar didn't quite like it. But what the turian liked less was not having a safer place to sleep. Luckily he had found something with all his searching. A inn. Homey seemed like a good word for it as he looked at the bell in slight confusion. It was odd, but it was an inn. A lot better than nothing at this point so off he went.

Pulling open the door, Vassar stepped in cautiously and looked around. Seemed rather quiet as well, a change of pace that was either bad or good and he couldn't deicide which. Vassar walked farther into the reception area, noting the decor passively. On a second thought he removed his helmet carefully allowing it to rest in one hand. Relaxed by a now free head, he stepped up to the desk eyeing it up. Looking to the bell for a minute or two the turian tapped the side of it lightly, flinching lightly at the sound of metal on metal ringing out. "Hrfgh. Okay, not doing that again. What was the point of that?" He looked up, side to side deciding that touching the little metal contraption again. So it was time for the old fall back, assocating like a normal functioning being.

"Hello? I'd like to, uh, get a room. Or figure out something like that." Shifting his weight from foot to foot. Well that was smooth as could be, not that he knew how to deal with things like that this. All accomadation with taken care of with ships having barracks and the like, Inns and hotels were never a thing. Now that he thought of it, what would he do about monetary means? This was going a lot less than he had planned, maybe not resting was making it harder to focus.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Not exactly intended

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:38 am

My, my, my, what a busy month May was. Not one, not two, but three new tenants - at least, that would be what Link thought after the end of today. Right now, though, the young innkeeper was going through some documents, double checking they were all consistent and the sums were correct before he filed it away into the archives. The sound of the reception desk's bell pulled him out mid-calculation and he peered at the office door which separated his work space from the reception. A second tap occurred and the last of the numbers were chased from his mind as he snapped back into attention.

"Ha," sounded the boy as he pulled from the desk and waved to his friend in the office with him. He'll get it. A break from the documents would be good for him. Link opened the door and stepped out into the reception area, waving as he did so. A room, of cour-- GREAT SEA, THIS GUY WAS TALL!

Okay, stop staring and act professional. Well, he'd tell himself that, but he honestly cannot stop the widened eyes of awe even as he presented his first message. "Hello, I'm Link, the innkeeper. Yes, we have lots of rooms spread over 4 floors. Would you have a floor preference?"
    Vassar Jorim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Vassar Jorim on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:50 am

Vassar reached up to scratch a mandible idly, shifting uncomfortably in the lack of noise. Noise was actually something he missed, the Citadel was always noisy, kinda like this city was but that didn't make it any easier. Maybe the keeps were busy he thought, bringing his arms to hang at his side as he readied himself to turn away but not before a small earth child with the LARGEST eyes known to the spirits and any alien race alike. Clearing his throat, he looked to the ceiling, then back down to the message that the apparent Innkeeper had presented.

Rather than comment on how young the child was to be running such establishment, the turian found a rather fond respect in duty in a human child at such an age. Most of the time they waited till far later in their lives to pick up such duties. "Hello, Link. Good to know there are rooms, if possible, a room on the first floor would be preferred." No he was not going to mention that his natural structure made it hard on his knees to try and attempt stairs at any pace other than a slow amble so simple asking would do.

"Before we, uh, get into any details. I don't have the credits right now but I can work on something to get the right funds. Is that a problem?"" Please say it wasn't, oh big eyed human child who now that Vassar noticed had not uttered a single word. Shifting his weight again, he stared down to Link, his mandibles twitching ever so slightly as he waited.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Link watched the being in front of him carefully, curious as ever about what kind of being this person was, physically and mentally. Certainly not a loud party animal, that was for sure. The being in front of him looked towards the ceiling, the innkeeper too looked upwards. Was there… something wrong with the ceiling? Did it need dusting? A crack? Maybe a bug? Or a repaint? Hum, no wear and tear as far as this child with big eyes could see.

The young innkeeper nodded at the request for a first floor room before he reached and unlocked the drawer containing the room keys. With a quick skim of all the cardkeys available, Link plucked a random one from the first floor section. He chuckled and shook his head lightly at his new tenant’s enquiry about credits.

“Lots of people new to this world comes without the funds or haven’t exchanged them for this world’s credits yet. It’s fine. This inn offers free boarding and food for all newcomers,” he assured in writing, then set the cardkey down alongside a form and a pen. The form listed the inn’s rules and information, and at the very bottom were four lines, two of which the boy had filled in.

Room: 121
    Date: 31st May, 2014
    Name: _________________
    Signed: ________________
    Vassar Jorim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Vassar Jorim on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:47 am

He wanted to ask the child why he too had looked up, but frankly he figure that looking up probably meant there was something there or maybe it was a custom? The turian just did not know. The thing that mostly had Vassar distracted were in fact those big eyes, it might be rude, but he had literally in all his encounters with humans come across eyes that enormous. Maybe it made his sight better, or not, but he wasn't going to ask. Observing as Link the Innkeeper was not so mute when it came to noises assured him that there were no need to credits. Vassar was never so happy to see the words Free before.

"I can't say I was expecting that one. It is a really nice, uh, surprise." Reaching up, he scratched a mandible again before examining the card keep and a form with rules and the like. True to form, the turian would of course follow every rule because not only was it law but also respectful and he really wasn't on board with the idea of living in the streets either. He took the pen in hand, taking a slight moment to recall the basic way of spelling his name before scrawling and signing 'Vassar Jorim' in the desired places. After placing the pen back on the counter, Vassar remembered that he was most likely dealing with people unfamiliar to his particular race, all the better to inform and actually introduce himself. By the way, my name is Vassar Jorim. And not that'll change very much, I'm a Turian. Also to let you know before hand, I might have to go else where to get food, I have to eat very, very special sorts of food. But thank you for the room, it's really, uh, nice." Now he would await Link's response before he went to explore what the rooms were like and definitely not flop on the bed and sleep. He definitely wouldn't flop on the bed.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:43 am

Link grinned and waved the being’s words aside as if he understood and that those words were said all the time. Free boarding and food did indeed sound too good to be true so the it came to no surprise that people would find it unexpected; even he himself rather doubted it when he first arrived in this world. It all made sense, of course. People arrive here in various states, and it would be mighty unfair to expect them to earn their keep right away when they don’t even know where they were yet.

The young innkeeper took the form back, quietly mouthing the name as he read it on the page. His new tenant then formally introduced himself and the boy grinned wider, nodding again before he lifted a hand and waved. A Turian? He wondered what kind of people they were and if they all looked like the one in front of him. He looked like some sort of strong alien who you wouldn’t want to get in a fight with if you’re smart.

“Aaa...” sounded the boy as he nodded another time in understanding. He had some tenants who were on special diets. It was good to know who did since it would be pretty inconsiderate to feed them something that might not agree with them. Huh, wonder what Vassar ate. He looked like somebody who would enjoy meat, certainly didn’t come across to Link as a grass-plain grazer, that was for sure. Whatever his tenant’s diet consisted of, he hoped it wasn’t hard to find in this world.

“You’re welcome,” Link wrote. “Enjoy your stay. Let me know if there is anything I could help with.”
    Vassar Jorim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Vassar Jorim on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:50 pm

A big strong alien you didn't want to get into a fight with? Yes, that was exactly him. Most of the time, there were always exceptions that he didn't get into. So he was a big strong alien who didn't afraid of anything, definitely Vassar, no doubt about it. But he was lucky that Link was particularly understanding which was really, really good. Shifting on his feet, he scratched at his mandibles once more. What did he eat? We just don't know, it could be small children. Too spooky.

Vassar nodded and would have tried to smile but the last time he attempted to smile he startled two adults and one child. It was a very, very bad day and something he wasn't able to live down either. So he instead gave a stiff nod and half a salute first then took a step away. "Uh, thank you again. And I'll be sure too, if it comes up. I'll be off to go see it now." Now Vassar turned off towards the direction that his room would be in, looking over the key before walking on. The turian still could not believe his luck in coming across this place. Shuffling off he knew that maybe eating could come later, he felt that a nap was in better order.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:38 am