Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Taking Legal Action

Post by Kev on Fri May 30, 2014 12:11 am

Time: 12:22 PM
    Date: 5/23/0005

Kev approached the building, one that was...very different from the Law Headquarters of old and a lot more foreboding. For a moment, he lingered outside rather than go in there, though he knew he had to enter. After all, the last time he'd seen the ISOs, he wasn't exactly the one they were after.

"Thank you for blocking the door for us, User401.exe - "
    " - Your brave action is commendable. Both of you citizens stay safe and keep out of trouble."

They, surprisingly, thanked him for blocking the door to keep Jak from escaping. Even though Jak would go on to hold this against Kev, he still knew it had to be done. Jak needed assistance, and the ISOs had kept him locked up until he posted bail. He was dangerous, for whatever reason. When he was himself again, he hadn't attacked anyone like that, though he did shift into that weird form a few times.

Kev shook his head however, Jak wasn't the issue right now. The issue was Daemeon, and his crystals. And perhaps the first step to taking care of these things, other then warning people about them, was to take this to the people upstairs. At the very least, they needed to know what was going on, what Daemeon might be leaving in the city. He had, after all, tried to sell them in his own shop. What other shops could he have gotten into? He pushed the doors open and walked in. "I need to talk to the ISOs. Uh...please...there's a citizen in the city trying to spread seeds of corruption in our city."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    ISOs
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Re: Taking Legal Action

Post by ISOs on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:32 pm

An odd, but not unwelcome, visitor on this otherwise peaceful afternoon.

Emerald sharply clashed with monotonous greys and whites as User401.exe entered the establishment, a lone ISO standing at attention not too far away from the penitentiary's entrance. It came online with a thrumming whir as cyan eyes sparked to life. "Greetings User401.exe," the ISO droned, vocals synthesized. "I am the serving unit for the day of May 23rd, 0005. How may I be of assistance?" And it was a very good thing it asked, for User401.exe spoke of an individual within these very city limits attempting to corrupt its inhabitants. "Oh? May you please further elaborate and present proof of this allegation?" it politely asked. If there was someone up to no good and it was within ISO jurisdiction, it was worth an investigation.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:58 pm

Well, that was actually pretty easy. There was one right at the front of the building! Last time he'd seen them, there had been two of them, this time there was only one. Kinda made him wonder how many there were all in all. The ISO greeted him, again using the term User 401, and he waved back at it. "Hello Mr... ISO?" Did they have names besides being 'ISO's? The ISO asked for some elaboration and Kev nodded.

"Sure, I may. There's this guy, relatively new, named Daemeon. He approached me one day and asked me about selling some sort of crystals he had in my shop. I don't trust him, so I refused. I had also heard from my coworker that she'd seen him give crystals of some kind to Ana and Shiro Toyaka, but at the time I didn't realize how serious this was. Daemeon used Nyreena and got her to give Alexander, his cousin, these crystals. It started to corrupt him and make him act like a jerk." At this point, Kev grabbed the crystal, wrapped in a small baggy, and pulled it out so the ISO could see.

"I got Alexander to get rid of the crystals, but he's been corrupted too much to go back to normal. And Daemeon gave some of these to Shiro, who is starting to act strangely too. Kinda...twitchy and defensive and angry. I managed to get this one from his room at the inn, but he has more hidden on his person and I'm afraid that if he finds Daemeon, he'll just give him more. And these crystals are too similar to Phazon for me to like them being around...I asked Daemeon why he'd even made these things and tried giving them to people, he says it was all for a 'social experiment'. I figured if you had one crystal, maybe you could scan for more and keep them from being left around the city for anyone to accidentally find, and maybe remove them from shops in case he managed to trick anyone into selling them in their stores. Though since it has some sort of...corrupting nature, probably a good idea to be careful when you scan it..."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    ISOs
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by ISOs on Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:13 am

It seemed the allegations were multiplying left and right...

Although the ISOs lacked distinguishable facial features and their voices were devoid of emotion, that didn't necessarily mean they were without feeling. This particular unit, unnamed and unmarked, listened carefully to the user's words and occasionally nodded in-between sentences. Only until the user stepped forth and presented evidence did the ISO begin to rouse. "And this is the crystal in question?" it asked, gingerly relieving the gem from User401.exe's possession. Such an innocuous little thing... Well, innocuous no more; initial scans detected traces of a virus lurking beneath its facets. User401.exe confirmed that these unusual minerals were being transmitted within city limits and that, naturally, placed them squarely in ISO jurisdiction. It was painfully cognizant of the entire Phazon incident as well, prompting this unit to default to what it assumed to be the best course of action. "Thank you for bringing this about to our attention, User401.exe." However...

"However, we will have to discuss your testimony and reach a consensus amongst ourselves. Please standby." And with that the ISO slipped into a motionless state, quiet with lights dark. Whereas User401.exe was left in the enveloping silence of the penitentiary's stern walls...

...whp, whp, whp!

Not everything was peaceful on the digital spectrum.

Eight ISOs, each one identical to their neighbour, materialized from thin air within the antechamber. From their crisp suits down to their polished shoes, they took one synchronized step forward and formed a ring around the unit who called.

What is the meaning of this council? inquired one.
    Another joined with, There is something amiss within the city.
    Is this not normally the case? Grounds for debate.
    Soon a curt response. Cynicism will get us nowhere.
    But it will keep us attentive. One debate begets another.
    Disagreements brew. Attentive while rooted in acrimony.
    And you assume us to be bitter? Tensions rise.
    The air crackles with anger. And you assume us to be otherwise?

Enough. A lone voice speaks out against the brooding sea.

Silent now and eyes turned to the unit standing within the center, the summoned ISOs quelled their consolidated negativity for the imperious sake of order. Some, but not all, were content to let misgivings lie.

I understand our increasing hesitation to assist the users, began the innermost unit. The floor was its and it would not waste this opportunity. However, they are our charges and we are sworn to follow our parameters. Their well-being is of our utmost concern and should they willingly transgress our laws, we have full authority to enact punishment. I have summoned the nearest available units to discuss one such transgression.

There were no comments and the unit continued, User401.exe has brought us evidence of User903.exe's wrongdoing. The latter has been distributing mind-altering stones capable of replicating the virus, Phazon.

Phazon. What an ugly word. It was enough to incite a torrential downpour of heated whirs and clicks from the ISO audience.

We should erase this user and present a zero-tolerance policy in regards to viruses. A bold statement.

Such an extreme suggestion was not without dissent. Blasphemy. We are not to override our protocols and delete a user.

And let the city be overrun like the past several incidences? Getting rid of the problem before it becomes a citywide epidemic is a wise, if not harsh, course of action. Although there was concurrence.

More arguing, more outright rejection. It is the action of one malignant user, not all. Are we to punish the masses for a violation that is not their own wrongdoing?

Punishing the masses will spark a desire for change in the user-ran society. A unique twist is born.

But not without another knot. That is not our judgement call. We do not have authority for such broad condemnation.

And so we enable User903.exe to further spread this corruption from innocent to innocent, willingly allowing our city to fall under yet another infection? And another knot.

And another. There seems to be no end in sight. We have our jurisdiction and our protocols. To disregard both is to abandon the very principles we are entrusted to protect.

Enough. Again the voice of reason speaks, an ominous tide receding for that of grim silence. Still in control of their discourse, the center ISO quickly added further. User903.exe's actions are troubling, but we must first concentrate on the immediate course of action and the reason you were summoned: the destruction of these tainted crystals. I motion for all available units to attune themselves to this gem's unique Code and ferret them out from any and all establishments within our discretion. The Outer City folder is to be omitted from this sweep.

Agreed.
    Agreed.
    Agreed.
    Agreed.
    Agreed.
    Agreed.
    Agreed.
    Agreed.

At last, consensus. However...

And what of User903.exe? They will only create more of these toxic oddities and contaminate areas beyond our reach. Removing these crystals is not punishment enough. I motion for User903.exe to suffer an additional penalty. It was not to last.

Agreed.
    Disagreed.
    Agreed.
    Agreed.
    Disagreed.
    Disagreed.
    Agreed.

Once again all eyes turned toward the host of this meeting, an unspoken schism widening by the passing nanosecond. This motion all depended on how they cast their vote, the pressure mounting. Finally, after much internal debating, they had their answer.

Disagreed.

And thus consensus was not achieved, the chamber growing deathly quiet and cold. The ISOs stood there in silence, their unified and highly-intelligent minds now facing their toughest adversary of all.

An impasse.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:10 pm

The ISO seemed to be listening, and asked no questions beyond making sure the crystal was one of Daemeon's. "Yes. I'm afraid I don't know much about the crystals themselves, just that they're capable of making people...act different." For instance, he wasn't sure if size or number of crystals may affect the rate of corruption, though if he were to go the extra mile and assume these worked like Phazon...well, that was pretty obvious. The ISO grabbed it and Kev knocked his knuckles together nervously, hoping that the crystal wouldn't corrupt the ISO. That was the last thing they needed, the city's defense bound to Daemeon.

The ISO thanked him and Kev bowed his head. "You're welcome. A-and thank you for, you know, deciding to listen." However, it seems this ISO had to convene with the other ISOs to decide what to do. Kev nodded, expecting the ISO to disappear or leave but was somewhat surprised when the ISO seemed to...power down. In fact, several more appeared until there was a total of 9 ISOs, all very still and quiet. The possibility of Daemeon being arrested crossed his mind, though he wasn't quite sure if spreading corrupting crystals was against the law. Bad for everyone and the city, yes. But against the law? He wouldn't know. His eyes soon wandered back over to the motionless ISOs. They were supposed to be talking this over, and yet...they were so quiet. Perhaps they had some sort of telepathy with each other. Or some type of radio frequency...thing. Was what he said sufficient for them to come to a decision, or would they need more answers? What did they think about it all?

Patience was a virtue, however, and he'd find out soon enough. Until then, his big black eyes merely watched the ISOs, waiting for any hint of movement. If there was any way at all that they could stop Daemeon...keep him from being a Ridley in the making, he wanted to be aware of it.

Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:19 am

Oh boy, oh boy. Guess whose favourite Portal Deity just walked into the establishment?

"Kev, my homeslice; my dawg; my gangsta; my man; my brother definitely from another motha!" That's right, everyone. Prepare thy digital anuses because here came Portal-X, the sole deity and big cheese responsible for clogging your sinks with used shaving cream. That was a holiday in some parts of the multiverse, you know. Fortunately (or unfortunately) for a certain scaly alien, the reclusive trickster wasn't here to admire a boot of coleslaw from Kev's uncle. In fact...

Pretending to huff and puff as he came jogging in, Portal-X was currently in a rather mundane exercise outfit. Sweats, light jacket, headband; he was the epitome of chic. "So you're the one who stumped my darling pumpkins?" he asked, pacing circles around the mouthless citizen. Portal-X was of course referring to the ISOs, whom had yet to break free from their heated gridlock. "Don't worry your precious head, Kev. I was waiting for them to eventually grow a bit of zest on their own. Keeps things interesting if I do say so myself." Cryptic and not at all elaborated as the Portal Deity began jogging up the wall and, soon, the ceiling high above. "Say, you're a swell kinda guy. What do you think about the whole Daemeon thing?" he inquired to know, air quotes employed. "Be honest with me, because I like to hear my citizen's feedback more than anything else in the whole Gamma."

Besides the sharp chorus of tender butt-faces, naturally.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:04 am

The silence in the room had been slightly suffocating, though when it was swiftly interrupted by a very unexpected voice, the reaction was as you'd expect. "NYAH!?" His shoulders hitched up and he turned about quickly, facing the man who called his name. Of all people to encounter today...he did not figure that he would see Portal X in here today! ...He actually rarely saw him outside of his home and the Sanctuary. And he was...in jogging clothes. "X! My diggy-dawg slice of cheese and chocolate." He attempted a few gang signals he usually used when he spoke with Dr. Drakken.

Portal-X wrote:"So you're the one who stumped my darling pumpkins?"

"Stumped?" Kev tried to follow the circling deity as best he could, which involved him first craning his head around. But, seeing how Kev was most definitely not an owl, he spun his body around to keep the Portal in his eyes. "Zest? Interesting?" The alien blinked, quite stumped himself. "I didn't mean to stump them, honest." He hadn't really figured that him telling them about Daemeon would have made them stumped. Just as he was beginning to ponder why such a thing was so ponder-worthy, the Portal began to run up the wall and jog across the ceiling. His eyes followed, again giving a confused blink at the question. "What do I think?" About this Daemeon fiasco? He was about to answer, when he suddenly quirked a brow up at him. "Wait, you already know?" He glanced over to the ISOs. Had they perhaps summoned him and told him why they were so stumped?

He turned back to Portal X. "Honest, huh...?" He wanted some honest feedback about Daemeon and his shenanigans? Truthfully, he hadn't really given his thoughts on Daemeon to the ISOs, merely information. "Honestly...I hate Daemeon. I hate how he's only stirred up trouble since he's been here, I hate how he tried to get me to sell those wretched crystals of his, I hate how he's trying to make another Phazon incident with those things, I hate that he's trying to use Shiro to get to me, I hate the way he looks at me!" The alien's fists clenched as he unloaded his opinion onto the Portal. "I hate him, I'm tired of his mess. I just want these crystals gone. I don't want anyone else to be corrupted against their will and turned into a monster. Or made to serve Daemeon like a slave." With all of the people who had disappeared or left, it could seem unfair that someone like Daemeon decided to stick around when others would not.

Last edited by Kev on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:22 pm

"Sweet gang signs." And of course he knew! Wasn't he the fantabulous Portal-X, after all?

Always the confusing sort and never capable of a truly dull moment, the Portal Deity jumped off the ceiling and fell to the ground into a great pile of black-and-cyan goop. It bubbled for a moment, perhaps two, before hastily stretching out into the typical business suit Portal-X was fond of wearing. The trickster politely listened while fixing his tie. "My, you certainly have some beef with the demon," he noted. This was to be expected. As a citizen and a person, Daemeon did not seem to be well-liked and for good reason. "Phazon, Phazon, Phazon... No, can't say I really have a strong affinity for Phazon." And that was Portal-X being the honest one. Sometimes, although not always, the Portal Deity felt a pinch... irate when history repeated itself. Of course as the Deity of Balance he was not permitted to directly influence the events that be, but that didn't mean he couldn't formulate an opinion.

"Hate is a particularly strong word, Kev. Are you sure you truly mean it?" Maybe the alien did and maybe he didn't; either way, Portal-X soon moved on. "Don't fret about the ISOs. They're currently in gridlock and summoned me to break up their impasse. Speaking with them right now, in fact." He wisely didn't comment on just what, exactly, the digital guardians were deliberating on. "So! Tired of his mess, was it? And a mess that's fated to turn people against one another?"

No sir, he did not like it. But!

But, the Portal Deity still could not interfere and he took this golden opportunity to incite a little change... "Seems like a legitimate concern you have there," Portal-X said, rocking on the backs of his polished heels. "Tell you what, Kev. Since you brought this concern to the ISOs and they're stuck at the moment, what do you think should happen to Daemeon?" An innocent question, really.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Those gang signs had better be sweet, he'd studied them in only the best rap videos the internet in the library had to offer!

The sudden leap off of the ceiling and subsequent...goopy landing startled Kev for a moment, who gaped at the puddle as much as a mouthless alien could gape. For a moment, he wondered if he'd just died. Then he remembered that X was a God, and no one had killed him this time. Sure enough, the Portal popped back up from the goop, standing tall and proud in his more usual attire. "Beef is a word for it. I prefer 'pain in my bruuka'." Satisfied that the Portal hadn't died, he relaxed and nodded in agreement. "Me neither. Of course, I don't think anyone who was around for the Phazon has an affinity for it at all but...still...I'm with you on that one." It felt very...interesting to speak with the Portal like this. It wasn't exactly what he normally did. Even when the Portal came to the Sanctuary, there wasn't much talk. Usually it was disturbing transformations and explosions. Not...talking. Far be it from him to complain though, in fact it was probably the most normal he'd felt in a while. Just shooting the breeze with Portal X about Daemeon while his ISOs stood around quietly.

"I'm sure." He asserted, voice soft but firm. No, he had no love for Daemeon. When he had first agreed to Judge Fear's end of the deal, he had disliked Daemeon and didn't mind helping to kill him, but it was mostly business. But when he had realized the full extent of Daemeon's crystals...what he was trying to do...how he was affecting Shiro, he had only anger and hate for the man. "You're speaking with them and me at the same time?" Suppose that proved the 'ISOs have some sort of telepathy' thing. An impasse...and they had been stumped by what he said? That meant they were stuck. Before he could ask however, Portal X switched gears. The Portal understood his concerns, which again made him feel better about this situation.

Portal-X wrote:"Tell you what, Kev. Since you brought this concern to the ISOs and they're stuck at the moment, what do you think should happen to Daemeon?"

"Huh?" Again, he stared openly at the God who was rocking on his heels. "I...well...I'm..." He continued to stare, and a realization dawned on him that made him uncomfortable. Was it possible that Portal X may know what Kev had done? Namely, killing Daemeon? Anxiety roiled up in him at the thought. Why wouldn't he though, he was a God. He may have killed the demon outside of the city, but this entire plane of existence was X's. His own plan of action with Daemeon was quite simple; continue killing him until he either decided to change, or would stop coming back. He highly doubted X would approve of that idea, though. Even if he already knew about it.

"I...I'm not the best person to ask. I'm...well, biased. Usually I'm willing to...to give people chances, but Daemeon shows no sign of change. Or wanting to change. He made those crystals and handed them around for a social experiment, because he wanted to 'see what happens' and 'learn what's socially acceptable' or something! He's-he's like a spawn that doesn't understand that it can't just go around doing things like that because it was bored! Sometimes people do bad things for a cause they believe in, and though that may not make it any better, it makes it understandable. But Daemeon...he has no cause. He...he just wants to wreak havoc, do whatever he wants to do. He's unpredictable!" But what, exactly, should happen to Daemeon...?

"I'm...not...entirely sure what to do about him. He does most of his worse activities outside of the city. Inside the city, he's only done this crystal thing, to my knowledge. Daemeon is...a danger just by being around, but I know you...probably can't just kick people out of here. That's not entirely fair, since we've had dangerous people here in the past. I don't think anyone, not even his cousin, could get through to him." Again, the only thing he could think of to deal with Daemeon was to grab him and kill him over and over. "Maybe...since he wants to act like a spoiled child, we could treat him like one. Watch him carefully, and when he starts to stir trouble up, deal with it swiftly and 'ground' him. He wants to put crystals around this place and spread it around? Get rid of them within the city limits. If he tries to...I don't know, rub his blood on public places, get rid of his blood and boot him out of the city for a while. Being kept out of the city seems to be an effective punishment, when that shield was up for a day, a few months ago, he was twitchy about it." Realizing that the blood example may get questions, he quickly clarified.

"Not that he's been spreading his blood around like that, as far as I know. Just an example...but his blood has some sort of corrupting qualities to it too."

Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Oh, did you want a grotesque transformation? Portal-X was never out of those.

Chatting with his denizens was not unheard of, although more and more the Portal Deity had grown... cloistered. That was no fault of anyone's of course, but... well, how to put it? He was a bit of a shy soul and what happened several years ago had been traumatic even to his standards. Portal-X still cared for his citizens, though; Daemeon included, that rabble rouser.

So... Kev was certain about his hatred for the demon. The Portal Deity released a noise, a hum of contemplation, before resuming the usual theatrics associated with his reputation. He promptly turned into a spitting image of Daemeon and reached over to dotingly pinch one of Kev's scaly cheeks. "Yes, I am speaking with them right now. You can't hear us because you're not of the System," he cooed. Kev's face was released as the disguised Portal-X drew back, a fanged grin apparent. "Au contraire, my green friend. You are the best person to ask. If I asked your judge friend, he would have instantly told me off with Daemeon's head." The alien ought to pick up Portal-X's double meaning after little, if not some, thought. "Besides, I believe you to be a swell person. You're not the type to condemn someone who doesn't deserve it, which many others can't seem to do." Given the majority of negative alignments currently inhabiting the Breach as of late...

Kev wrote:"He wants to put crystals around this place and spread it around? Get rid of them within the city limits. If he tries to...I don't know, rub his blood on public places, get rid of his blood and boot him out of the city for a while. Being kept out of the city seems to be an effective punishment, when that shield was up for a day, a few months ago, he was twitchy about it."

Ask and you shall receive.

"Mhm, done~!" With a snap of his fingers Portal-X turned theory into reality, the numerous ISOs within the chamber disappearing in a dazzling burst of cyan energy. "Don't worry about them. They're currently out and about in the city sweeping for those pesky crystals." Easy as 1, 2, 3! However...

Portal-X once again melted into a puddle of black-and-cyan putty before quickly reshaping into his usual self, the Portal Deity fixing his tie. "That said, there's little I can truly do about Daemeon. I may be the creator of this realm and your benevolent overseer, but it's up to the citizens in shaping this world. I can, of course, interject when need be and lay down the hurt, but I prefer a more... laissez-faire approach," he stated. Balance, after all, took more of a backseat in the grand scheme of things. "I can tell you this, though. Should Daemeon bring those awful crystals back into city limits and the ISOs get wind of them, he'll be kicked out for a set amount of time. The rest of the world is fair game, but here I'd like for my citizens to feel safe and without fear. Now, is there anything else I can help you with today, Kev?"

This may or may not have been Portal-X's subtle way of approving Kev's desire to repeatedly kill the demon...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:57 pm

Of all the grotesque transformations to be had, this had to be the most gruesome! The most horrible! For Portal X had become...Daemeon! He pulled back right as Daemeon!X reached in to pinch his cheek, which elicited a small noise of discontentment from his little mind. "Nyah! I, uh, see." Not of the system. He was a...User, correct? He was starting to catch onto this sort of thing! Once released, Kev rubbed his cheek and looked back at the grinning God-turned-demon. The instant he mentioned a Judge friend Kev knew for sure that X knew. "R-right..." Yes, he could see Judge Fear instantly telling Portal X that the only way would be to delete him. Kill him immediately. Kev was willing to consider options that Portal X would deem better, but would also take things into his own hands if he had to.

"Thank you, then...I think you're swell too. Most of the time." At that he gave his current form another look over. It was...rather humbling to know that the Portal thought he was a good enough person. Especially since Kev had been one of the people to inadvertently kill him and all. Portal X saw many things as well, it seems, for he pointed out that many condemned those who didn't deserve it. He was working on changing, becoming stronger and even starting to do more about people who he saw to be a large threat, but he wasn't going to help kill those that didn't deserve it. Ridley, Hazama, Daemeon, all deserved it in his eyes for what they had done and what he thought they could do. Beyond those three, he did not see anyone else yet who seemed like a threat worthy of being killed.

After listening to Kev give his opinion, X snapped his fingers, each ISO suddenly disappearing in a burst of cyan energy that looked, to him, like electricity. Daemeon!X was quick to explain, he had sent the ISOs out to find any such crystals and dispose of them. "Oh. That's...good!" Great, even! That was why he had come! Portal X resumed his usual form, insisting that he couldn't truly do anything about Daemeon. He was a God, after all. Technically, he had to be impartial and fair to everyone who lived here. That included Daemeon.

Portal-X wrote:"I may be the creator of this realm and your benevolent overseer, but it's up to the citizens in shaping this world."

He blinked as the words sank in. Truthfully, it was the citizens who rose up to defend their world when it was taken over or in the process of destruction. As Portal X said, he did intervene when it got to be too much, but otherwise it was out of his hands. It was the citizens who saved the world repeatedly. And technically, by killing threats like Ridley and Daemeon before they got to that point...it was like saving the world before it needed to be saved. Killing them over and over may seem harsh, but...

Zurg wrote:"If it's for the best, then it's for the best."

Portal X was going with his proposed idea of deleting those crystals when they were brought in, and kicking him out of the city if he were to do it again. This wouldn't prevent Daemeon from not doing ANYTHING, this he knew, as did the Portal. The rest of the world was fair game. But the citizens were the ones who changed and shaped this world. And Kev wasn't about to let people like Daemeon be the only ones to shape this place. "No, I think that's everything I needed to do here. I've got to get going to work. But...thank you for listening to me, Portal X. This was nice." Interesting...but nice. "Have a good day, X. Tell the ISOs I said good bye too." He lingered for a few moments, in case there was anything else to add, before he left the building.

Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:00 pm

The most horrible? Oh he didn't know about that...

"Splendid!" Portal-X would be all smiles if he could, but he had an image to uphold and the citizens mustn't think that he was always so charming. If they did, they'd come to him for all their issues and never learn a thing! Not like many came to him anyway... What gives? In any event, it was time for Kev to finally take his leave. The citizen had so much to do, so much to ponder, so much to change! Why, it'd almost be a crime to keep the alien away from his exciting life. "You're very welcome, Kev. I know I can be quite the trickster and I've earned a reputation amongst a good handful, but never think you must fear me. Well, you should fear me when I'm mischievous, but I'm honestly here to assist my wonderful citizens." Portal Deities were just a... special breed of deity. That was the most respectable way of putting it. Anyway... "Ta-ta, Kev~! Remember to scrub between your toes and eat all your vegetables."

The faceless suit waved to his departing company and lingered behind, hands soon drawn behind his back. "Well, well, well," Portal-X began, "I wonder what this is going to mean for my more negative populace?" With a snap of his fingers the Portal Deity was gone, his chuckling left to echo throughout an empty penitentiary.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:09 pm