Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

In Need of Assistance

Post by Njorth on Sun May 25, 2014 12:49 pm

DATE: MAY 21ST, 2014
    TIME: LATE EVENING, APPROXIMATELY 8:30 PM

It had been about an hour since Njorth gathered up the mental strength to get up from the bench. Doing so was no easy task. The Nord had absolutely no idea where he was, and the city's architecture and technology was like nothing he's seen. It was as if he was dropped onto a foreign planet, and at this point, he wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. He had spent the last hour just taking in the scenery, gazing in fascination at the cars that drove by, the streetlights... Everything was just so new to him!

Where he was from, they had lanterns, little fire-lit lights. There were also torches, but they weren't exactly recommended for use in wooden houses. These lights, they appeared to be powered by electricity, no fire! How was it possible?! And these cars... He had only ever seen people travel by horse or on foot. How do you operate these things?!

As he continued to fawn over the abundance of strange and fascinating technology, he eventually came across a brown and yellow building. There was a sign at the front door, but it was difficult to read from where he was standing. The growing dimness of the light outside didn't help either. He leaned forward, raising a hand to the sign, a ball of light forming in his palm. That was better.

"Huh, an inn," he mused. It was getting late, and he would definitely be needing a place to stay, at least for tonight. Maybe someone in there could tell him exactly where he was, too.

He entered the building, making his way to the front desk. There was no-one there, but he made note of the bell. He figured that it must be a tool to summon for service, so he rang it.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: In Need of Assistance

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sat May 31, 2014 5:00 pm

Shortly after the chiming of the bell, the door marked 'Office' behind the reception desk clicked open and Link poked his head out. "Aa?" he sounded in a curious and questioning tone even before he caught a good look at the person who had tapped the bell.

"Aa!" this time, the sound was made in greeting and was accompanied with a wave as the young innkeeper stepped out of the office and fully into the are behind the desk. Oh wow, this man was TALL. Link wondered if he was warm wearing that much clothes. It may not be summer proper yet but the weather had been steadily getting warmer - enough to have this young boy starting to daydream about going to the beach.

He pulled out his tablet and on the device, he wrote his first message: "Hello, I'm Link, the innkeeper. How may I help you?"

The man did not look familiar at all so the boy could make a good guess as to why he was here.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Sat May 31, 2014 5:25 pm

Huh, if Njorth didn't know any better, he'd say that this kid looked a bit young to be running an inn, but he did know better. He looked back to the child he met at Old Hroldan, Skuli, who was well beyond his years, keeping the inn with his mother. So yes, although rare, some children do indeed seem to be capable of running a business to some extent. The child appeared to be communicating by writing on his tablet. He leaned forward to get a better look at the message.

"Ah, nice to meet you, Link. I'm Njorth," the Nord said, introducing himself. "Sorry if I'm getting a bit close, but my eyesight is more than a little sub-par. You see, I have no clue where I am. I fell through this... portal, I think, and I'll be needing a place to stay for the night. I can't exactly try and find my way home after sunset. I'm about as blind as a bat in the dark, you see."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:53 am

Link blinked at the man as he mentioned he had no idea where he was. Ah, the man truly was a fresh out of the portal could get. Usually by the time they reached the inn, the whole 'Welcome to Portal Breach' spiel had been taken care of, and the newcomer would know roughly where they were, and, with some luck, the innkeeper didn't have to go through the difficult bit of letting them know their original world was destroyed.

The innkeeper nodded slowly, then turned his tablet around to write a new message with his fingertips. "You're not in your own world anymore, sir. This is a world called Portal Breach - welcome. We're an inn which offers free lodging and food to people new to this world. You're free to stay as long as you like. I can certainly set you up a room. We have 4 floors. Is there a floor you'd prefer to stay on?"

He turned the device back round for the message to be read. Link hoped that covered it all for now because he certainly cannot squeeze any more text onto the tablet screen.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:46 pm

"Not in my own world anymore, hm? I do admit that may have crossed my mind a few times, but I just dismissed it as hogwash. Looks like the Temple of Kynareth wont be getting those potions," he mused aloud. "This... is certainly a lot to take in. In the mind of the Whiterun Guard, I've gone missing, and I hate to imagine what my little apprentice back at home must think of that. We were really close."

Njorth paused for a moment, a saddened expression on his face.

"Yes, her name was Ma'chala. She must be really upset about my disappearance... Oh, but I need to stop this! This 'Portal Breach' is my home now, and I guess I should try and make the best of it. As for my room, I think I'd like something on the first floor, if possible."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Link nodded politely as the man thought aloud. He wondered if he was supposed to respond to any of it and how much of it was not suppose to be heard (if any). Perhaps it was most polite not to say anything, and pretend he did not hear it. It sounded like the man was somebody important in his world though. Something about guards, apprentice and temples - if that did not spell somebody of a respectable position, he didn't what would.

That being said, the man's age certainly showed in his maturity in handling being in a new world. Usually people tend to panic or try to look for a way back immediately, but this newcomer here just accepted it and was going to endeavour to make the most of it right off the bat. It certainly gave an air of well-travelled wisdom.... Or perhaps the reason he wasn't looking for a way back yet was because, as he had stated earlier, his eyesight wasn't the best in this time of the day so he was forced to put 'heading home' on hold.

The innkeeper nodded again. First floor. They have plenty of room there. He extracted a cardkey from a locked drawer, then pulled out a form for the man to fill in.

Room: 146
    Date: May 21st, 2014
    Name: _______________
    Signed: ______________
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Njorth picked up the form, holding it close to his face as to get a better look at the text. Ah, it would seem that he has to sign it. Alright then, room 146 it is.

Room: 146
    Date: May 21st, 2014
    Name: Njorth
    Signed: Njorth

"This is much appreciated, Link," he said, graciously thanking the innkeeper as he passed back the form. "An inn offering free lodging is unheard of where I'm from. Everyone expects payment of some sort. I almost feel bad accepting this room for free. Hopefully I wont have to stay here forever. Find myself a place of my own, you know?"
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Link accepted the form back with a smile and nod before he set the cardkey down on the desk for the man. Njorth, the boy mouthed silently as he read over the form. Everything looked good to go.

“You are welcome to stay longer if you want,” he wrote and once he was sure the man had read the message, he spun if back around and composed a longer note. “Many people appeared in this world from other worlds. We provided free rooms for these people until they are able to support themselves or find elsewhere to live. Sometimes that may take days, sometimes months, sometimes years.”

Indeed, there were more than a few who, despite having a source of income, still remained at the inn where they had grown to regard as their home and the staff here would never consider pushing anybody to leave whether they were able to support themselves or not.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:42 am