Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Re: There but for the Grace of God go I

Post by Nym on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:59 am

Selfish? Nym thought not of himself as selfish! He wished to give his life for his another, but out of concern. He didn't understand how he could be assumed as a selfish person by this. The deal was declined and the Judge was noticeably agitated. Yes, there could be several people that would come for the Judge if something befell Nym, but not if it had been a secret. But there would be no more bartering--or at least on Nym's end--as the Judge hissed and continued to speak. A simple "But--" was all Nym could interject before he was disrupted once more.

A mere irritated sigh escaped Nym as he was unable to respond. He thought little of Fear's work and what he did to people, maybe even he himself, this was true. Fear was not noble in Nym's eyes, but the other way around, perhaps the Judge found his ways to be so--though the word 'noble' not the right term. With Kev's fated demise not only at stake, what else was there? How could Kev allow himself to be associated with this ghoul and what he did?

And didn't he NOT want to get involved? This was exactly what the Digimon didn't want, but his need to protect and fight surpassed his own thoughts of caution and planning.

No, he wished to tell the Judge, and merely walk away. No, it's not my business, was all Nym wished to state firmly and then leave to his own affairs. A simple answer, yet he could not speak it. "I won't lie, I am curious to know," he admitted, and wanted to know what else Kev had at stake instead of just his life, but he would not ask of this.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:14 am

It was selfish and here is why: should the Dark Judge have accepted Nym's proposal and purged the dog-child in the alien's place, who do you think will be harmed? Aya, Kev, the awful technician's assistant... They would all lament for their precious "son", each one torn by the fact that they could not protect him. Blame would initially fall upon Judge Fear, but only initially. Soon it would shift to Kev, the original recipient of this deal, and the other two would begin harbouring ill thoughts. Dark, seething thoughts, oh yes... Such was the nature of people, alive or otherwise.

Why did you make this deal in the first place, Kev?
    You had been watching Nym! Why weren't you more aware?
    This is all your fault, Kev. Why are you so weak?

And so forth, and so forth, and so forth...

Be as it may that Nym considered the ghoul nothing more than a stubborn nuisance, had it not been noble of Judge Fear to think three steps ahead? By refusing the dog-child's offer he had single-handedly spared the guardians and their son unneeded misery.

That's it... wrote:"I won't lie, I am curious to know."

"Of courssse you are, of courssse you are..." A pleased hiss replaced all earlier agitation when the Dark Judge returned his gaze ahead. "Come along," he invited, beginning to walk ahead and soon leave Nym's sight. A gentle whisper resumed within the boy's head, There isss much you wisssh to know and much I can tell you. Travel alongssside me while I perussse thessse ssstrange gadgetsss. I will anssswer your quessstionsss ssso long asss you ssstate them ressspectfully. Come and stroll with a servant of death and gaze into the rationale of the unliving.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:25 am

What's selfless to one can seem selfish to others, but everything seemed to have a consequence, even if it was for a 'good' or 'bad' cause. Nym would not deny that, nor would he not deny that everything had a price, no matter how simple or difficult the task seemed. Either way, Nym had admitted his curiosity, and in turn, he was given the opportunity to learn. The idea of being close for so long to Fear was uneasy, but if it meant he would be able to understand what was going on...

Still, he wished to have said no. This is no one's business but Kev and the Judge, and yet, Nym was sticking his nose where it most likely did not belong. "Very well," he replied quietly and walked with the ghoul as requested. It seemed everytime Nym wanted Fear on a 'leash', it got switched around. He was powerless, after all, and though he hated to admit it, his pride was what kept him walking beside the decayed man. Pride, concern, loyalty... and stubbornness. But he would have to swallow it if he wished to receive any answers as the Judge requested a 'kinder', more respectful manner for asking questions.

Breathing in a deep breath of air and holding it for a second, Nym sighed heavily and tried to make himself calm and apathetic again, instead of filled with worry and dread and irritation. Looks like honey would be smeared on his words this time.

"Judge, sir," a small groan followed, "I wish to know why, of all people, would you choose Kev?" Or did Kev choose him would've followed, but that seemed to be a decent enough question. "And... what did you mean... more at stake? Is there someone else who wishes to hurt him?" Nym merely knew Fear awaited the time when Kev said "kill me", but more at stake? What did that mean? "I would be... grateful... if you answered."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:59 am

It was uneasy to willingly be close to the walking dead, so let the Dark Judge yet again reward your persistence. Steadily the air began to lessen, Nym's chest no longer struggling to breathe, as Judge Fear rescinded a good portion of his nauseating aura. He stepped aside and allowed the dog-child adequate room, together the two embodied dichotomies inhabiting the same space in relative peace. Partake in his foreboding company and become intimate with death...

Pride, concern, loyalty, stubbornness; all these things the Dark Judge had once shared with his present company. Loyalty was by far the strongest. Good, good... You were quickly learning, Nym. Judge Fear eagerly awaited the first thing out of your mouth.

Delightful wrote:""Judge, sir..."

"Ssss..." Positively delightful, and Judge Fear allowed himself a moment of satisfaction. Not at having given Nym the metaphorical leash, but at having the dog-child embrace a few manners. The ghoul politely waited for the pup to finish speaking before formulating a solid response. "I chosssse Kev becaussse he hasss sssuch great potential," and so it began. The Dark Judge paused to idly pick up a bundle of coiled wiring, appraising his find with a critical, if not clueless, eye. He ultimately tossed his find into the basket. "He isss not unlike yourssself, wanting to prove to thisss world that he isss strong and independent. There are many insssecuritiesss that plague the alien, however. It isss of my current belief that Kev can become a ssstrong individual through enough time and guidance." And now for the second, although it would be mingling with the third.

A few meters forward and to his immediate left, Judge Fear spotted a elongated box of shrink wrap. This looked plenty useful for a machine, right? Like before with the wiring, the ghoul simply cast his doubt into the basket. If this turned out to be useless to K.A.R.R., the Dark Judge could always asphyxiate one of the cultists with a sheet or two whenever they were impudent.

Oh, right. The questions.

"Yesss, in both the presssent and passst," Judge Fear answered. "Unlike your other guardiansss, who can take care of themssselvesss with little trouble, Kev isss a more... ssspecial cassse. You are already well aware of hisss naive and friendly nature. Thisss makesss him a prime target for thossse who wisssh to agonize him for their own sssadissstic purposssesss. And while you may think that I, a ssspirit resssiding within a rotten corssspse, wisssh to harm the man, you couldn't be the furtherssst from the truth. The real reassson I made thisss deal with Kev isss two-fold. Firssst, I wisssh for him to sssmite thossse who have long sssince dessserved it. Like the buffoon, Daemeon, for inssstance. He hasss been quite the thorn in Kev'sss ssside for long enough, and I am proud that Kev managed to sssend that ne'er-do-well packing." The ghoul was essentially using Kev as a means of purging via proxy, if one will.

Before the dog-child could interject and opine, however, Judge Fear held up a finger. "The relationssship isss sssymbiotic, I asssure you. I, persssonally, want Kev to purge the wicked - hisss wicked. Thanksss to thisss world and itsss endlessss trialsss, I have learned that going about my own habitsss isss... unwissse. Foolisssh, you could say. I need to adapt, to learn. And to do that, I need to underssstand the concept of diplomacy." See, K.A.R.R.? The Dark Judge was not a lost cause.

Judge Fear momentarily stopped in his gait and released a pensive hum.

"Ssecondly," he continued with a gesture, "we are... friendsss. Don't asssk me how that came about; Kev perplexesss me with each and every passssing day. That sssaid, I rather enjoy our conversssationsss together. He hasss ssshown a willingnessss to dissspenssse jussstice and learn more of our philosssophy." The only sinner to have done that was Emmet McBarlot, Grud rest his soul. "It isss not every day a Dark Judge comesss into contact with a living mortal who readily engagesss in a bout of fitting conversssation. You are young and vibrating with energy, but let me tell you: being an undead can be an awfully lonely exissstence."

Nevertheless, Judge Fear was bound by his oath to purge Kev one of these days. This could not be negotiated for it was ingrained into the ghoul's very immortal soul. "Asss for who elssse may hurt him? There isss a ssspace dragon by the name of Ridley. I've ssseen him in Kev'sss passssing memoriesss. Assside from him and Daemeon, there isss not much currently. That may change, however, ssso long asss Kev isss literally a walking doormat."

Ooh, what is this strange and fascinating doodad?
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:22 am

Potential? Kev is strong and has pyrokinetic abilities, yes... but Nym didn't know Kev was insecure. He seemed so sure of himself and chipper around most people. But then again, sometimes people hide behind false faces to appease others and not have them worry... the thought made Nym feel ashamed for not having figured such a thing out before. Nym paused as Fear looked at some shrink wrap and his mind fell blank, trying to keep his focus on the current subject. He politely waited, tapping his foot slightly with his hands behind his back, watching to Judge place the item in the basket.

Now more talking.

As Fear explained Kev's difficulty in expressing his strength, Nym realized just how simple Kev was. Not in a rude way, he was naive just as Nym was, but... Kev was powerful, and he could be, and yet he allowed himself to be bothered by others? It explained why Nym witnessed Daemeon's demise, at least, which to be honest, he cared nothing about. He knew nothing of Daemeon except what he had heard, and that was that Kev did not like him and some others as well.

Nym would not interject, and instead, continued to listen. Kev was not working for him, yet at the same time, he was. Clever. Kev had been here longer than Nym, it was only fair that, if someone had been such a pain upon his step-father, the deserved to receive pain as well. Death? Nym seemed indifferent. Death here wasn't something he seemed to care about much anymore--not as much as when he first heard about it.

His ears perked up as the Judge referred to Kev as 'friend'. Friend, huh? That's... strange. A puzzled look came over Nym's face. Kev and Fear converse? And he is learning of the Judge's ways? Nym was not scared by this, nor concerned, but confused, slightly. Just slightly. If Kev was so bothered by the people Fear claimed he was... it would make sense. Kev would no doubt be fed up with the constant annoyances in his life that kept him down, and wanting to 'purge' them would be a way of healing, especially if they'd most likely come back.

It was hard to admit, but the Judge had made many points that Nym never thought about. Another frown fell over his muzzle at the thought of wanting to admit the ghoul was right--curse this pride!--and merely swallowed roughly.

Then he spoke of Ridley, someone Nym had heard of before by Kev himself. And that was all.

Despite the Dark Judge's own thoughts and ways, he had a point of wanting to 'help' make Kev stronger and stand up for himself. Though the death part wasn't something he enjoyed, it would be inevitable, and Kev... well, he knew what he was doing. If Fear was truly Kev's friend, then Kev wouldn't mind being killed at his hands--hence this entire agreement.

Well buttercrumbs.

It seems Nym was in the wrong--this time--and Fear wasn't exactly an arse like his mother had said. To a certain degree, at least. Showing compassion or at least restraining one's self from doing their natural responses (like killing people) was at least 'admirable'. The Digimon still was wary of Fear, but the more he thought this over, the more he came to just accept it. He had no right to be angry and Judge Fear, nor Kev, and he had no right to interject with what they had agreed upon.

"I'm sorry," he quietly stated, looking straight ahead, "my own worries and suspicions overcame me and my protective nature made me angry when, in truth, it was never my business." His nose full of dirt, he was sort of glad to have asked, though. "Without knowing, I would've remained skeptical and angry for the wrong reasons. I didn't want to get into Kev's business, but I just... wanted to know." Nym looked down, the floor reflecting his face, where it wore a somber expression.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:53 am

And so now the apathy at last gave way to confusion. How amazing the power of speech was!

"You are hisss ssson," Judge Fear hissed, observing Nym's anxious movements. "Naturally you feel compelled to thrussst yourssself into hisss affairsss, perceiving the alien to be in danger. I would do the sssame for my father, if I had not been enlisssted to become a Judge. It isss a natural reaction." There was that loyalty spoken of not long ago, although the ghoul's allegiance had shifted upon graduating from Law School and following close after Judge Death. Come to think, he can't even remember his parents... Did he have any? Such trivial thoughts were brushed aside for the bigger picture, mainly the dog-child's unspoken words. "And you are not wrong - not entirely."

What did he mean by that? Well, let the Dark Judge kindly explain. He silently resumed his leisurely pace and saw nothing of further interest in this aisle, the ghoul's steely chains producing a mesmerizing rattle. "Make no missstake, pup. I will take Kev'sss life, the sssame asss I will take yoursss. One day, be it sssoon or far off into the future, you will embrace death for the beauty that it isss and sssimply... fall. It isss a transssition that blosssssomsss within all mortalsss, young and old... human and alien... ssstrong and frail... experienced and..." Here the ghoul paused, twisting his upper torso to better stare down at the boy as he let out a raspy, low-pitched chuckle. "Ha ha ha, ssstill learning. It isss a universssal concept, Nym, not sssomething to find hideousss or loathsssome. Sssinnersss sssuch asss yourssself only draw away becaussse of what I am, not what I represssent. Ssshould I have been the fairessst and mossst handsssome within all the land, my voice asss pleasssing asss any youthful maiden'sss, more of you would be willing to take my hand in parting. Inssstead, I am a corpssse. And a sssmelly one at that." Ah, some crypt humour!

Within these surreal words the Dark Judge wanted Nym to know one thing above all else: Judge Fear was driven by his oath, his commitment to death itself, and this made him no one's friend and no one's enemy. He simply... was. A sad and hollow existence, in a way...

"There isss no need to apologize but I accept it all the sssame. I have realized long ago that it isss hard for you mortalsss to comprehend my persssonal beliefsss regarding life and death." Was the Dark Judge being too lenient? Or perhaps softer than he should have been? Perhaps, but look what a more reasonable approach had yielded him. It allowed Kev to somewhat believe in the ghoul's philosophy and here, with Nym, it had shifted the dog-child's contempt into a fluctuating state of remorse and understanding. Judge Fear quietly wondered, just a bit, if Judge Death had gone about their methods all wrong...

And speaking of methods, the undead fiend was reminded of one more thing. An important thing, prompting him to say, "Nym, I want you to know that I cannot deviate from my... professssion. I am bound to it until the end of time, until the living no longer walk thisss world, and that meansss I will ssstrive to sssave you all. No ressst will be afforded to me until thisss isss done, do you underssstand?"

Do you understand that the Dark Judge was capable of many horrible things? Things, mind you, that will ultimately put you and the rest of the world into grim danger?
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:09 am

Imagining Fear as someone of beauty or with the voice of an angel, yet still doing the same thing... he merely shook his head after the Judge stated that. It wasn't really because of what he was, nor what he represented. Killing in general was just something Nym knew was bad, unless it had to be done for a purpose. The problem Nym had with Fear's beliefs, was that everything had to be killed. No matter how he looked, spoke, or acted, his general belief of killing all living things was still wrong to Nym. Although, maybe if he wore something to prevent such a scent, he'd be more tolerable.

Judge Fear wrote:"Nym,"

the dark-man spoke, and Nym looked up, eyes connecting, and he spoke. Though there were many things that were wrong with Fear's determination, such as the intervening of Portal-X, how everyone could merely return and many other factors... Nym understood, and he nodded in confirmation. "I understand," and that was all he could say. Everything else had been said, and there was nothing more anyone could say to stop or sway the Judges off their corrupted path. Their goals were set.

"When I am stronger, maybe one day, I will fight you. I don't know if I will win, but I know that I will fight you someday." Nym saw in his mind his armored form from a dream long ago, standing before the cloaked Judge in what would begin to be a battle of different ideals and goals.

"Thank you for answering my questions." Was there anything else to say at this point? Nym was uncertain, but he stood there for a moment to see if anything would pop up in his head. All he could really think about was... nothing, really. He felt somber at the moment, and his face was straight and fixated. Maybe... "do you need help finding anything else for your friend?" He was there, and he didn't feel irritated or upset. Besides, it was good to help... even if Nym had no idea what a car really was or what it needed.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:42 am

Indeed the dog-child was correct, yet the Dark Judge was too far corrupted in his way. Undoubtedly his entire viewpoint of the world, of life and of death, was wrong. Grossly wrong, in fact. However, he was a Judge of the law and one of four. Judge Fear's world had been one of brutality and malfeasance, for which the only cure... was death. It was logical panacea for his world, an extreme reality that knew little of the white and relied far too heavily on the black. Many innocents had died during their bloodstained reign, but in doing so their world had at last achieved a peace like no other.

The crime is life, the sentence is death. This was all he knew and saw true after centuries of having witnessed depravity at its fullest. A monster was he, but a monster with a misguided purpose. Evildoers such as Daemeon were leagues away and could draw no fair comparison.

Nym wrote:"I understand."

A solemn nod was the boy's answer and Judge Fear agreed; they had exhausted this topic well enough. "I look forward to our fight together. Do not hold back when we do." What a foreign notion, the death of an immortal spirit. Judge Fear did not think it possible, and yet... images of Nyreena's demise briefly surfaced, the ghoul briefly entertaining the thought of his own spiritual release. At times he considered what it'd be like to at last rest, to no longer pursue an otherwise endless goal, but he knew that such desires were fleeting and unfounded. The Dark Judge was not alone; he had his brother, Mortis, to consider. He cannot leave his brother all alone on a world that constantly tugged at the fibers of their very beings.

At having been given a thanks from the previously indignant dog-child, Judge Fear respectably answered, "You are welcome. I cannot readily purge you and othersss within thisss city, ssso there isss little disssadvantage in civil dissscourssse." And he learned many things about the individuals destined to gasp their last breath within his icy clutches. As for needing any help? After they rounded the corner and headed into the next aisle, the Dark Judge mentally went over the list K.A.R.R. had given him. Let's see... Most of the items were either within this basket or draped upon his shoulder, which just left two more things.

"I, uh... cannot ssseem to underssstand what my friend meansss by canned air." Let is also be known that Judge Fear came from a simpler world; a world devoid of all this vehicular nonsense. "Jussst a can of air and... sssoap," Judge Fear reiterated, sounding a pinch embarrassed. "...For dirt particlesss."

Of all the worlds he and his brother happened to find themselves on, it was one littered with technological marvels and oddities that would make even the smartest of minds from Deadworld reel.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:01 am

Nym was happy about the ability of no one killing each other in the city... even though oddly enough it was completely possible in the outer district, from all of the stories he had heard. But Nym didn't want to focus on the subject of death and fighting anymore, his somberness becoming a mellow attitude as he walked with the Judge, having offered a helping hand. He'd help and then leave, that seemed to be good plan. He wanted to head out soon, anyway. Who knows what he was missing in the Sanctuary.

Canned air, huh? Nym had heard of it, on commercials. It was some kind of high pressured air in a can and it helped to remove dust and other nasty things from small spaces. As for soap--well, soap would be in the 'cleaning' aisle, right? Wouldn't they both be, now that he thought about it? "Canned air makes a hissy noise--like you--and makes dirt in small spaces fly out, cleaning the area. I think that and soap would be in the same aisle, since they're both for cleaning."

Nym turned and left the Judge to himself, seemingly abandoning him. But within a few minutes, he returned with a bottle of soap and a can of air as requested, holding the items up for the Judge to see before placing them in his little basket. "Those should work, they had all the same stuff, but I just picked out the ones I could reach. I don't know what cars use, though." Nym shrugged and looked at Judge Fear before he decided it was time for him to leave. "I'm going to take my leave, now. Good luck with your friend." The Digimon turned and began to walk away, his feet slightly squeaking on the shiny floor. Sliding doors opened and Nym walked out, breathing the air deeply around him as it smelled nice, and despite his meddling, he felt better, knowing.

Death was inevitable. People cooperated with each other for personal reasons. Ideals and truth. Such strange conversations had taken place, it would leave one with a bitter taste in their mouth. But Nym was more interested in getting something in his mouth, and something tasty.

Always learning, always moving.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:10 pm

Makes a hissy noise like you... Well, he didn't know how to embrace a comment like that.

Soon the dog-child returned with the items in question, a plastic bottle of cleaner and a can of... air. Sinners had an odd desire to make a profit or use off anything their wicked hands could snatch, didn't they? "You have my gratitude," Judge Fear hissed. He accepted the merchandise and placed both items within his basket without question, although... why does the canned air have this red nozzle? Further research was required but first Nym had to take his leave. "Farewell, pup. Give my greetingsss to Kev." And thus the dog-child went about his way, his thoughts no longer held captive by ignorance but liberated in death. Or, rather, more tolerant of the one, true philosophy that eclipsed all living transgressions. Father and now son... Perhaps this was the proper method of educating the sinners and turning them to the just cause?

Maybe, maybe. For now, however, the Dark Judge turned his immediate attention to the canned air and thought to partake in a little science experiment. Red nozzle facing him, it was hesitantly inserted through his helm's grating as a rotten finger pressed down. Let's see what was so fascinating about a can of air...

Psssssssh!

For his curious efforts a great plume of dust was agitated, the ghoul's vision momentarily clouded. And where there is an unhealthy amount of dust there is soon a...

"ACHOO!"
    Right, sinners and their oddball creations were just full of themselves.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:31 am