Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

There but for the Grace of God go I

Post by Fear on Sat May 24, 2014 12:10 am

Time: Afternoon
    Date: May 23rd, 0005

"Just stomach your pride and get the supplies," he said.
    "You'll hardly have to deal with any 'sinners'," he said.

K.A.R.R., you were nothing more than a silver-tongued trickster who deserved to have his paneling keyed.

But here he was, a Dark Judge of the law and one of four, currently standing before the blandly-designed entrance of... some automobile parts shoppe that apparently carried what an unnamed two-toned pain required. Ugh, if he must... With a sharp creak in his neck and not wanting to spend all day browsing through rows upon rows of exotic merchandise, Judge Fear shambled across the parking lot like a great, freakish sore thumb. He entered the building in question, not batting an ethereal eye at the sliding automatic doors, and instead took exceptional interest at the lone clerk off to his immediate left.

"What up, my man? You lookin' for anything special today? Want an ad?"
    "..."

An ad? Like... an advert?

The ghoul dismissed the offer with a nonchalant hand and had already went about picking up a shopping basket. This is what mortals used to ferry their purchases about markets, right? "Unlessss you would like to offer a confessssion pertaining to your unjussst life, ssstay where you are. I am allergic to the living," he firmly rasped. As well as your overall existence.

"Far out..."
    Sigh.

Disheartened but not leaving until his task was finished, Judge Fear left the irritating sinner and began to aimlessly browse down the many, confusing aisles of automobile supplies. Now, what is carnauba wax and where would it be...?
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Re: There but for the Grace of God go I

Post by Nym on Sat May 24, 2014 7:16 am

Now, what would Nym be doing in an automobile supply store, you may be asking?

He wasn't, actually. In fact, he was a few blocks down, having just seen Aya in her shop and gotten something to eat (most likely now heading towards the Sanctuary) while visiting the city. Kev had already gone to work, and left Nym to his own affairs and to wander around. It felt a lot better to come back every so often, like a new experience each time. Though it was a little hard to get here and back, it was good exercise and good to strengthen his own stamina.

With sandwich in maw and his hands moving around in a bag, Nym started the trek to the Sanctuary to see how everyone was doing and to see what was going on within the city. Normally, he didn't really care, but things had been very strange the last week or so... well, more than that. Nym just felt he had to be on high alert for something. That anxious feeling still there, waiting for something to pop up or rear its ugly mug, he'd be ready for it! Unless he totally wasn't expecting it. Especially in the form of a corpse draped in dark colored leather and cape with a helm that looked like a weird furnace.

But hey, now why would he worry about him if Nym was just heading elsewhere, right?

Crossing the street with his paws make a small squeaking noise, he was closer to getting to his destination, but first... he had to stop and eat this sandwich. It was getting too annoying to walk and eat and also look through his food bag. A conveniently placed bench caught Nym's eye, right outside a certain automobile store, where he sat and decided to stuff his face of a sandwich, donuts, some juice... a Twix bar, and--ooh, zingers!

With each piece of food passing through his maw, Nym felt pretty good today. Nothing seemed wrong and everything had been alright, so it wasn't expected what Nym would find. Noticing no trash cans near him, the Digimon had a bunch of trash to throw away, having eaten everything in the food bag. He turned and saw the store behind him, and decided to see if they had any trashcans. Going around back would take a while, wouldn't it? Nym just walked inside and looked around, not understanding anything that was inside, and waltzed right up to the counter.

Now, normally, someone would ask before entering behind the counter, but since no one was manning the position... Nym waltzed right inside and found a garbage can, where he placed his trash and walked right back out from beyond the counter. "That was easy," he stated before giving the place one more look. What was all of this junk, anyway?
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon May 26, 2014 8:42 am

Looks like the joke was on you, Nym, because you were going to encounter a corpse draped in dark-coloured leather and cape with a helm that looked like a weird furnace. ...A furnace? Hm, that was a new comparison.

By now Judge Fear had located the specific wax K.A.R.R. had wanted and he had about six drums of it in the basket; it was specified that enough must be purchased to last a good while. He still didn't know what it exactly was and why the persnickety vehicle demanded this brand in particular, but that is why the ghoul was a Judge and not, say, a grease monkey. That crossed off his mental checklist and accounted for, the next item of interest was... er, air fresheners? Don't know why K.A.R.R. wanted a box of those. Think it because of Judge Mortis and his ripe, decaying feet? Yes, that must be it. No way did Judge Fear smell as rotten as his brother, and he soon located these so-called air fresheners a few rows over.

...Although, why were they shaped like little trees? Did this please sinners?

Pina Colada...
    Ocean Breeze...
    Tropical Rainforest...
    Sun-Dappled Meadow...?

Blimey, these names! The Dark Judge honestly couldn't see what was so fascinating about these accessories, but, then again, he couldn't exactly smell... Still, he casually scratched a few with one of his yellowed fingernails and gave it his best shot. Hmm, a vague aroma of pineapple and coconuts... No, no. Judge Mortis wouldn't like something fruity clashing with his element. That ruled out Pina Colada, yet the undead fiend was having difficulty with the oth -

Oh boy, oh boy! wrote:"That was easy."

Bingo.

At once the Dark Judge made way for the store's front, where he immediately spotted a familiar shade of blurple fur looking around. Oh goody, it was Nym~! Judge Fear knew better than to stupidly announce himself, however. Wanting to get a good scare out of the lad and possibly hoping the child died out of fright, the ghoul quietly tiptoed his way over to the dog-creature and made sure his chains were deathly silent. He even dangled a few air fresheners on the wing-like adornments of his helm to mask the scent of decay and death, bless him.

Just a little bit more...
    That's it...

Almost there and be sure to stay out of Nym's visual range...!

Once a few feet away and crouching to be eye level with Kev's "son", Judge Fear reached over with a curled talon and politely tapped one of Nym's furry shoulder. Should the boy actually turn around and see who it was... "Greetings, Nym!" shouted the Dark Judge at maximum volume. Everyone in the whole store would be able to hear him! "What were you doing behind the ssstorefront? It clearly sssays EMPLOYEESSS ONLY. You weren't thinking to sssteal, were you?" ...And that wasn't necessarily a good thing, everyone being able to hear Judge Fear's loud, booming voice. A few of the store's patrons were already peering out from their browsing to see what the sudden commotion was all about.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Tue May 27, 2014 8:23 am

Not so easy.

Despite Fear's best effort to keep himself from smelling too obvious, it didn't help. He smelled more like a mass of flesh and grossness, but now with the gentle touch of 'sun-dappled meadows'. Kind of like a junkyard. On a hill.

So, when he approached, Nym's nose wiggled furiously, smelling the odd scents meshing together, which caused some confusion. What was that smell, and where was it coming from? A tap on the shoulder revealed the culprit, which Nym turned to come face to face with Judge Fear and his many different air-fresheners. No, Nym wasn't scared. More like "oh no it's you" came across his face rather than complete terror. Nym let out an irritated sigh as the Dark Judge greeted him and asked him what his business was behind the storefront.

"My business is my own, but since I know you won't leave me alone unless I tell you... I had some garbage, and instead of throwing it on the ground, this store was the closest I could find that had a garbage can. So I went behind there to throw it away, as I am too short to merely toss it over the counter." Nym placed his hands upon his hips after answering the question, looking at the armored man with a curled nose. Wasn't he not supposed to speak to him? He would rather not, but since it was nearly impossible to dodge him now...

"Is there anything else you'd like to accuse me of, or may I leave?" he asked, sarcasm seeping through.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu May 29, 2014 4:41 am

Damn.

"Ssso you entered a ressstricted area to avoid littering." For the longest moment, at least twenty seconds, Judge Fear kept his unwavering gaze transfixed on the dog-child. Bugger all, he wasn't expecting that one! Quickly, what was the most nuanced and obscure law he could think up to justify giving precious Nym the ol' boot? Then again, they were technically within ISO jurisdiction... and no such laws were coming to mind. Sigh, it just wasn't meant to be. "I sssuppossse you are off the hook thisss time," he hissed irritably, one yellowed fingernail mere inches away from Nym's wet nose. The boy was still alive, so the ghoul wasn't out of the running just yet. "But I am keeping my eye on you. It isss a proven fact that a youthful pup sssuch asss yourssself isss inclined to break the law." Wait, wasn't there a reason he had been pestering Nym in the first place...?

Something to do about a shiny black nose...

The Dark Judge must have jostled his head a bit, because suddenly his peripherals were filled with colourful trees. Oh right, the air fresheners! "I've missspoken," the ghoul quickly hissed, not wanting Nym to go his merry way. Time to pull something out of his undead bum like he did in Law School. "I accussse you with having the ability of sssmell, and your sssentence?" There was an awkward pause as Judge Fear snatched up all the dangling pines and looped their strings around his knobby fingers.

"To honessstly tell me which of thessse air fressshenersss sssmells the bessst." Hey, throw the corpse a bone. When your nose doesn't work, your nose doesn't work! He offered his awful-smelling hands, intent not to kill for once, and patiently awaited the dog-child's judgement.

...Please don't say "Pina Colada".
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:57 pm

He supposed? That hiss made Nym give a small smirk, though it disappeared quickly as he stated he'd basically be watching him. Break the law, right. Nym wasn't really interested in what the Judge had to say, but since Fear would no doubt throw a hissy fit if the Digimon walked right past him, he merely crossed his arms and gave a look of disdain, nose still scrunched. Was there anything else the Judge needed before Nym walked out of here?

Junkyard Daisy wrote:"I've missspoken,"

Hm? Now what? He was accused of the ability to smell. Well, yes, most people can smell. Nym gave him an incredulous look and half frown as he continued. Sentence? To seek the one that smelled the best out of the cheap air fresheners that once dangled upon his helm. Nym blinked, but he'd take it, so long as right after, he could get going. It was hard to sniff considering that nasty hand of Fear's covered most of the scents. Maybe he'd just buy a whole bunch and rub them on himself. Either way, Nym touched his nose to each one and gave a good sniff, trying to focus on the scent.

"I like the rainforest and meadow one," he said as he pointed them out. Nym had never been to the ocean, so the scent wasn't interesting to him, and he didn't even know what a piña colada was, so... yeah. He liked the forest and meadow scents. "My time has been served, may I leave now?" he asked, somewhat sarcastically, but in a rather dull tone.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:35 am

Such antipathy for someone so young... Well, it was a good thing the Dark Judge had a thick skin - literally.

It seemed the boy had chosen two of the four air fresheners: Tropical Rainforest and Sun-Dappled Meadow; neither of these odours the Dark Judge could rightfully perceive. Faint traces of pine, pinches of blossoming perennials... He made passing glances between the chosen scents and eventually decided, "I think I ssshall purchassse Tropical Rainforessst. My brother isss not much one for flowersss." And he would never hear of the end of it from Judge Mortis, either. Pleased with his choice and grateful for Nym's services to the law, the ghoul thought to humour the dog-child. He reached out and lightly ruffled the plush fur atop Nym's head, elongated fingernails scritching behind his floppy ears. "Thanksss, sssport," Judge Fear hissed. Alright, that's enough of that.

Bones loudly popped and groan as the Dark Judge rose to his full height, the difference between him and Nym staggering. "You may leave, asss I cannot purge you within thisss city'sss limitsss. Enjoy the ressst of your sssinful day, Nym. It could be your lassst." Ah, wishful thinking. And with that the ghoul about-faced, shambling away to snatch up a box of Tropical Rainforest air fresheners from a nearby aisle.

Never mind that the checklist only asked for a small handful of the things...
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:18 am

Augh.... Judge Fear's hands felt sickening as he gave his fur a (not so) nice touch. He couldn't help but fluff up his fur out of disgust. The fingernails didn't seem to feel too good, either, despite how one would imagine that. But sometimes even Nym forgets he's not an actual dog. But still, it wasn't pleasant. As Fear lifted himself to his full height, Nym turned once he stated he could indeed leave, but for some reason, something felt... not right. Nym expected a lot more than this. Maybe it was just his gut not trusting the man near him. Maybe he was just expecting something because of how this place was, anyway.

"... Alright then..." Nym stated, eyes sort of squinting at him with thoughts of distrust, but... he turned his feet, and started heading towards the door. The Digimon was still waiting for something, but maybe it was just nothing. Now... what was it that he wanted to do? He wanted... he already ate, but... oh right, he wanted to head to the sanctuary. Well then, it's best to get going on that then. Before Nym stepped out of the store, he slightly turned his head back, ear perked to see if anything was going to happen.

When nothing did, he went on. Maybe he was stressed! He wasn't old enough to have stress, was he?... Possibly.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:45 pm

Insidious.

Dog-child and Dark Judge parted ways, but strictly in the physical sense. Nym seemed to feel as if something ill may happen and that he should not look away; wise, given whom he was dealing with. In reality, however, Judge Fear was currently a nuisance to no one and he was actually debating to himself by what K.A.R.R. meant when requesting floor mats. Why did an automobile need blooming floor mats? Neither of the Dark Judges wore shoes and their soles did not trek in that much dirt... The mats were probably for his ever-decaying brother, the ghoul resigned. He picked up a basic set, noting their rubbery material, and slung them over an armoured shoulder. Next on the list were... oh for grud's sakes, seat covers? Now you were just being picky, K.A.R.R.!

But a happy K.A.R.R. was an obedient K.A.R.R., thereby forcing Judge Fear to head for the proper aisle. Er, wherever that was... After much bumbling around and growing vexed as to why this store was not easier to navigate, the ghoul spotted a nearby clerk and simply picked the knowledge from her darling head. Too bad he also couldn't burst her mind by showing the mortal her most intimate fears...

Alas, this was just an ordinary day on Portal Breach. Justice was apparently something these sinners were fine without.

Aisle 19, Aisle 19... Ah, here we are. The Dark Judge found the row in question and, much to his delight, he spotted K.A.R.R.'s wretched seat covers. Now, should he purchase the ones covered in hearts and girlish motifs or the ones riddled with tiger stripes? Both would be so cosmopolitan on an otherwise snobbish vehicle. Oh look, they even had one with flaming dice and eight balls! This was all in jest, of course. As much as Judge Fear thought a pair of seat covers, along with accompanying floor mats, were downright useless, he liked to fancy himself above garish influences. The ghoul wisely chose a package of the more two-toned variety, black and silver, and he placed the box straight into his basket. Right, what else?

...A steering wheel cover. So was Judge Fear's hands not good enough for you, then? "Ssss..." He honestly didn't know which was worse: the fact that he was being K.A.R.R.'s little dogsbody or the fact that K.A.R.R. needed so many accessories. A new awareness entered the Dark Judge's personal space and he shifted his gaze to stare down at a nearby mortal. A man in his mid-twenties from the looks of it.

"I don't know how you sssinnersss can put up with thessse newfangled machinesss," the ghoul rasped. He was already being driven nutters with just one.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:37 am

Leaving the area where Judge Fear was felt a little better than staying in there, but Nym felt strange about it all. Such a strange coincidence. He had been trying to avoid the Dark Judge for some time, and when finally met face to face once again in a public area, it went very... anticlimactic. Nym expected for them both to irritate each other or for something to happen, but instead, it was a simple exchange of words. It still bothered him, though. But there was something else that came to mind as Nym kept walking through the parking lot of the store, something that revolved around someone he cared for, and something that Nym didn't want to get involved in, but needed to know.

Turning around, Nym walked back towards the doors of the auto store, gliding in as they opened for him with his head turning every direction for find the dark man. Nym had a few questions for him, now that he thought about it, and he'd like them answered. This wouldn't be easy, of course, but he'd try. Now, where did he go...?

He heard a muffled hissing noise coming from an aisle downwards near the teens, and Nym went straight for them, looking down each aisle as he passed. When Fear was in view, he walked up to him, "hey!" and placed his hands upon his hips. He then turned to the man next to the judge and firmly stated, "please leave, sir," with a curl of his lip to show teeth and a hint of a growl. When the man got the message, most likely due to Fear rather than Nym, the Digimon looked up at the ghoul with a stern face.

"I have some questions for you, and I'd like them answered. I can't make you, but I can do a few things that you can't even stop." He'd keep that vague. "I want to know what this deal is with you and Kev, and are you going to kill him when his guard is down? Kev isn't someone you should take advantage of, he doesn't need any trouble from you or the creepy skull-headed guy. And why are you in a place like this, you don't have a car, do you? Why would you need a car?"
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:33 am

A child's trepidation returns, misgivings carried upon yearning thoughts...

The Source wrote:"Hey!"

Nym needed not speak of what hounded him or his mind; his lingering anxieties were thick, potent. The boy's innermost desires were revealed the moment he so boldly returned within the Dark Judge's haunting midst. Questions, yes... But it was more than just mere questions that drove the dog-child to seek out an apostle of death. Leather strained and chains rattled as the Dark Judge sought to humour the boy with rigid, corpse-like motions. He turned to face the boy and did not yield. "And isss that how you hail your eldersss?" an inhuman voice hissed, tone peaceful. Judge Fear politely gestured for the young man to vacate this aisle and soon three minds became two. "Intimidating that poor man wasss unnecessssary. He had already convinced himssself to leave long ahead of your foressseen arrival." And now for the questions... The questions that Judge Fear already knew the answers to.

He gazed down upon the fur-ridden youth, both curious and indifferent to Nym's mortal plight. "You can do nothing," the nauseating spirit reasoned, otherworldly eyes piercing into the dog-child's tumultuous soul. How interesting for one so green... A sickly aura engulfed this aisle and this aisle alone, the ghoul's psychic boundaries expanding to include the young flame before an ancient and inexhaustible pyre. "Threatsss mean nothing in the grave. To think otherwissse isss foolisssh." A pearl of wisdom often given to, and ignored by, the naive living.

Demands, demands. Nym presented forth demands and thought not of consideration.

"Ssss... You will not learn much by nursssing a churlisssh approach," Judge Fear rasped. Irritation, although mild, permeated the air between impatient adolescence and experienced seniority. "Diplomacy may win you more battlesss than sssheer force alone, pup. Massster a courteousss tongue when addressssing thossse whom you wisssh to curry favour." Such as exhuming information from an old and impartial pile of animated bones. Now, this old and impartial pile of animated bones believed Nym had come seeking resolutions...

Kev. Ah yes, Kev... The scaly alien was their first subject to discuss, and the Dark Judge answered with the honesty of a rotting corpse. "Kev and I have an agreement," he responded evenly, "and I am to ressspect hisss wissshesss until it isss time for judgement. I will take hisss life on thisss fated day and not a moment before." No tricks, no deception; the ghoul was not so arrogant as to blatantly vex an otherwise needless foe. As for the second question, the one pertaining to a certain automobile? Judge Fear glanced down at the merchandise resting within his basket and idly applied a gentle shake. "I am here on the behalf of a dear friend," came the truth. It was technically not a lie, merely a shrewd play on words. "He regrettably cannot enter thisss essstablissshment, hence hisss need for my assssissstance. You could sssay he isss more of a car enthusssiassst than I." Why was this any concern of the dog-child's, however? There was much the boy had not openly said despite his mind abuzz with jumbled thinking, and that was of great interest to the undead fiend. It was now a simple matter of coaxing more out.

"How elssse may thisss jussst ssspirit be of ssservice to you, pupil of ausssterity?" Choose your words, Nym, and choose them carefully... A competent psychic was a dangerous individual to reckon with.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:05 am

Judge Fear wrote:"And isss that how you hail your eldersss?"

Elders. Nym would've made a comment, but he held his tongue. Though Nym knew to respect his elders, most of the people he's met that were considered such here were not very worthy of being respected. He could think of quite a few at the top of his head, but this was neither here nor there.

Fear wrote:"Intimidating that poor man wasss unnecessssary. He had already convinced himssself to leave long ahead of your foressseen arrival."

"I don't really care," was all Nym could state. He felt the same way regarding the 'threat'. Though he wasn't powerful, he could be crafty. Perhaps not so much as to do anything too horrible or cruel, as it wasn't really in his nature, nor did he have the strength to fight someone like the Judge that stood before him. All he wished for was answers to his questions, and then he would leave. Fear regarded Nym's tactics of 'interrogation' as most likely foolhardy or not effective. This was true; you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, as they say, but Nym wasn't really wanting to lay out some honey for this fly.

Nevertheless, the ghoul began to speak and answer the questions. He knew about the deal between Kev and Fear, and the 'fine print', but what Nym really wanted to know was why Kev. Otherwise, Nym merely tilted his head when he spoke of a 'dear friend', and getting these items for them. He had friends? A quizzical look overcame Nym's face at the thought, but he'd let it be and get back to the main question.

"Sort of. I just want to know why Kev specifically. He's quiet and outgoing, and yet, you convinced him to--well, bring about the end to someone who probably deserved it. It's not the killing that bothers me--death is everywhere. You're walking death, yourself. Death here is painful, but temporary." With those words pouring out of his mouth, Nym felt more apathetic regarding the situation. "It bothers me, however, that Kev is 'bound' to you. It also bothers me he seemed to easily listen to you." The more Nym spoke of it, the more irritated he became, and not only at the Judge that stood tall and shady before him.

"People can easily lie; what makes your word worth respect and truth?"
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Insolence wrote:"I don't really care."

Now wasn't this a barrel of hypocrisy?

So the boy did not respect his present company; psychic or not, this was easily discerned through Nym's insulting demeanour. A mortal's approval was nothing a respectable Judge of the law should consider, for justice needed not the sinner's ignorant opinion. And as for refusing to bother with this fly...

Insouciance, hauteur, chagrin; it's almost as if the dog-child was airing his emotional laundry willingly. Either that or he severely overestimated his own abilities in keeping an unreadable mind. As was typical, Judge Fear's helm proved for a stoic and indecipherable guardian. The ghoul let nothing be known to one who thought to use the Dark Judge for his own misguided, personal gain. More and more the dog-child issued his demands, less and less did he think to consider how ungracious he was quickly becoming. Indeed, Nym's answers were only a hop and a skip away. However...

However, why should he respect the wishes of a boy who thought nothing of the one before him? However, why should he consider the wishes of a boy who believed answers were owed and not earned? The Dark Judge had been courteous and at first receptive, but enough. Enough, for the ghoul was intolerant to vulgarity.

Judge Fear quietly waited for the boy to finish before he casually walked past, cape rustling against Nym's person. "I don't really care," he hissed.

Drink heartily of your own medicine, dog-child. See where it gets you and of whom it discards.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:57 am

Fear wrote:"I don't really care."

"I wouldn't expect you to, but then again, I guess that answers my question anyway." Nym was feeling more irritated than full anger. All that ran through his mind now would be to talk to Kev about this more thoroughly... but there was something else that came up. Nym had no respect for Fear, and he never would, but because of the Digimon's own feelings, would he be taking it out on Kev? The answer to that, to Nym anyway, would be a 'yes'. It'd be foolish to think otherwise of this ghoul.

The Digimon turned swiftly and caught up with the Judge, following close behind him. Barking out words wouldn't be enough this time, since the Judge already seemed to understand that Nym had no respect for him, so he showed the same amount of respect back. He had to use a different approach. "You like making deals so much. I want to make a deal with you--involving Kev's current contract he has with you. Without him knowing." His words stern and loud enough for the man to hear, Nym ran in front of him and opened his arms wide, showing his attempt at blocking Fear from moving (though mostly in vain).

"You can kill me instead of Kev when you're done with whatever you're doing with him. Kev doesn't deserve to die just because of some stupid deal he got himself into, and I don't care about death. You can take my life instead of his when he gives the 'okay'." Nym hoped this would attract the Judge's attention; if he could keep Kev away from harm, he'd gladly take the bullet--or whatever Fear did--for his step-father. "I won't tell anyone you killed me, either. You can take my life and when I come back, so long as the deal with Kev is over, I'll keep my mouth shut."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:47 am

Did it answer your questions? Apathy was hardly a satisfying conclusion to any inquiry.

Judge Fear existed in a world that was constantly in a state of flux; a flux that would always surpass him but never endure. Why should he, an immortal spirit that will continue long after Nym was no more, consider the dog-child's hasty words? Apparently, the boy thought to forcefully bar the Dark Judge's path using his own body as a living shield. A tenacious attitude but how could the living ever persevere more so than death? In true nonchalant fashion, the ghoul easily stepped over Nym with his long and slender legs; once again did he leave the boy behind in the aisle. "I do not like making dealsss," bluntly rasped the undead fiend. He made generous arrangements, yes. But only because Judge Fear could not outright purge like he once had. This vexed him to no end. A sinister devil the ghoul was not and he liked to keep it that way.

Careless wrote:" - I don't care about death - "

Alas, the aforementioned transgression could not go unpunished.

A terrible snarl escaped from the Dark Judge's helm and he violently pivoted upon his heels to face the one who dared to think so lowly of death. "Are you truly thisss ssselfisssh?" Judge Fear demanded to know, tone scathing. With an accusing point of his decrepit finger the undead fiend continued, "No deal and no further dissscusssssion of you thinking to offer your life in hisss ssstead. Kev and I have an agreement, and nothing ssshall come between it. Do I make myssself perfectly clear, pup?" There were several reasons why accepting Nym's offer was a foolish choice on Judge Fear's behalf.

One: purging Nym would undoubtedly anger quite a great deal of people, particularly all three of the dog-child's very powerful guardians; two: bartering only encouraged further like-minded actions; three: these like-minded actions painted the Dark Judge in a more flimsy light; and four: there was simply no reason to accept.

"There isss more at ssstake than Kev'sss fated demissse," Judge Fear hissed, throwing Nym a figurative bone. Persistence was to be rewarded but only so far. "You think little of me, and my opinion in regardsss to you isss neutral. Neverthelessss, I have my obligationsss and I ssshall ssstick with them." The Dark Judge's conviction was adamant, yet this should already have been well-known. At the mouth of the hallway the ghoul stopped and looked over his shoulder, the profile of his helm giving Judge Fear the illusion of a smile. One ghostly eyed trained itself upon the dog-child as he hissed, "Mm, people may lie, yesss. People are wicked, cruel thingsss. But the alien isss not bound to me, and I have yet to default on my word. He trussstsss and ressspectsss me. Aren't you curiousss asss to why he lissstensss to my word if I am ssso wicked asss you believe?"

He humoured you, Nym. And once more the turn was now yours. Not a bad approach, considering the ghoul had been more responsive than before.

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:39 pm