Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Thoughts And A Not So Cold One

Post by Mortis on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:47 am

To the south? The desolate cold and icy nature of their new base of operations certainly would deter any interlopers from stumbling upon them. In fact, they could likely make a Necropolis down there, far from the city and those who lived around it. "It sssounds promisssing." Mortis replied, thoughtful as he stroked the yellowed teeth  that jutted out just above his chin. "What if the vehicle requiresss professssional maintenance, however? And what of the gathering of ingredients for the dead fluids?" He knew his brother spent ample time with the two-tones machine, but there were things that it needed to travel to the city for. Yes, the vehicle could simply drive there, but would the drastic change in climate be a hindrance?

The last thing he wanted was for them to be down a member of their group for the sake of isolated privacy. Especially one that was lined to the teeth with weapons.

As for the drinks? Arsenic was an acquired taste, Fear would soon learn. After his dismal whiffing streak, the ghoul was already considering his defeat at this point. In the mentime? Fear was schooling him into the dirt with his two cans in the garbage bin. After all, missing three times in a row was rather poor luck. Perhaps he would do better throwing blind at this point... "!"

That was it!

"Indeed, brother." Mortis rasped in reply, his spine straightening as he took his fourth empty can and standing up from the couch for his turn. While he stood facing the trashcan, projectile in hand, his free set of talons took his head by the chin and casually twisted it until his bony sockets faced backwards. Much like one would with a baseball cap, now that he thought about it. Regardless, the ghoul flicked the can up and down in his grip, pondering.

Ah, why not.

With a deft flick of his arm, the skull-headed ghoul sent the tin beer can soaring in the direction of the trashcan, or at least what he thought was its general direction.

Whiish!

"...." Did he just-? Quickly twisting his head around, the ghoul took a count of the cans that had been haphazardly thrown about. There were the three he had tossed and the one that Fear managed to whiff...but a fifth can was missing. It made it in! "...Ssss. I am unsssure if thisss pride I am feeling isss right." He threw better blind than when he was actually trying to hit the trash can. What could that mean for his aiming skills?

Regardless, the ghoul's perplexed stare lingered for a few seconds before he sat back down on the couch next to his brother. "...Have I been wearing my own head the wrong way for all these years?" At this point it was worth wondering about.

2 CANS REMAINING

HITS: 1
    MISSES: 3

Last edited by Judge Mortis on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:47 am

The member 'Judge Mortis' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:55 pm

"Labour and materialsss need not lie in the city limitsss alone," Judge Fear answered. Finding a good technician would be hard in a barren wasteland but not impossible. And as for components? They could always bring adequate supplies with them, if not take what was desired. "There may be other municipalitiesss, onesss without protection, and we will be able to do asss we pleassse. To think that thisss world hasss only one city isss to be dreadfully narrow-minded." But the need to shift locations and establish a greater base of operations elsewhere was far, far off into the horizon. They were nowhere near ready for such a drastic change, not yet. Now, what in the name of all that is dead was Judge Mortis doing...?

Clunk!

Turns out twisting his bony head had done sudden wonders for Judge Mortis' pathetic accuracy, although Judge Fear was reluctant to be swayed in light of this new fortune. "I persssonally think thisss world isss sssimply toying with you," was his curt and honest response. And hopefully it wouldn't let his brother come back with a sleeper win, either. It was very much like the time with Mar on the mountaintop, wasn't it?

Regardless and not wanting to lose his advantage, the Dark Judge stepped up for the pitch. "If you've been wearing that ssskull of yoursss wrong all thessse yearsss, then I can ssstare into mirrorsss without repercussssionsss. It isss mossst likely a one-time thing, Mortisss. You are ssstill going to lossse." He was not going to be called Judge Zombie, no sir. To honour his brother's little game Judge Fear drank up and crushed the insecticide right after. "Mortisss, you ever think about wearing a different ssskull at timesss?" Just thought the ghoul ought to ask, considering.

Alright, here we go... Off with his fourth can!

-----Outcome-----
    "Drokk!"

HITS: 2
    MISSES: 2

Flipping a coin!
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:55 pm

The member 'Judge Fear' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Narrow minded? Perhaps, but discussion from the locals suggested otherwise. "It may ssseem narrow-minded if we were on Earth, but here there hass only been mention of one city. If there wasss another, don't you think they would have made sssome mention of it in passsing, or even in mediasss?" The radio had some ads, yes, but even then they did not appear to advertise another city besides the established one. Lochlann was the closest thing that could be described as another small city before it was taken over by the demon. "If you have heard of any other citiesss assside from your own intuition, feel free to enlighten me, brother." A statement that was more sincere than a mere snarky challenge. He wanted to believe there were other cities here, but until they were actually noticed and announced, who knew if they were not as dead and damned as Lochlann?

Or, maybe Fear was right and the world was toying with him, just as it was regarding his skull. Either way, it was likely the pesticides that were talking instead of Mortis. Although after seeing Fear miss with his own can, he was beginning to figure that final bottle of DEET was taking effect on his dear brother as well. "We both ssstill have two cansss, Fear. I would not be ssso quick to make judgementsss bassed on intoxication. As for his question regarding switching skulls, however. The decaying Dark Judge tilted his skull at the more decorated of the two,  his jaw hanging slightly open to one side in a manner that could be considered incredulous. "Brother, we have inhabited enough prepared corpsssesss for you to know that my ssskull sssimply appearsss no matter what." Mortis replied, getting to his feet and plucking another empty can from his pile. Whenever he inhabited a human, their skull just molded itself into a sheep skull. To ask that would be like asking if Mortis ever thought about popping his tail off and sticking it in a drawer somewhere when he didn't feel like having it. Despite this, the question was whether or not he had thought about having a different skull. "Sssomething more ferocious could be a nice change, perhaps a bear or panther ssskull." He admitted, taking idle aim before flicking both arm and essentially the beer can towards the trash.

"Asss nice asss that change would be however, it would not be the sssame. The sssheep isss reminissscent of dissseasse, Anthrax essspecially." One did not hear of mass slaughters of predatory animals over odd, deadly diseases that could be transmitted through their products.

With a clatter of aluminum against plastic, the can tumbled into the trash bin. The ghoul gave a small nod and sat down, complacent with his second success. "You were sssaying, brother?" However, it brought up yet another question... "I wonder what we ssshould do if thisss endsss up being a sstalemate."

1 CANS REMAINING

MISSES: 3

Last edited by Judge Mortis on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:12 pm

'Coin Flip' :
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:06 pm

"What?" So his brother could not...?

This had to be Portal Breach's undoing, absolutely had to be, for Judge Mortis was still at a fraction of his former glory. How else could the Dark Judge explain why his brother hadn't made the connection already? Judge Fear shook his head and became somber in light of his fellow Judge's vulnerabilities. "Thisss isss not true, Mortisss. There isss another city; one far, far sssouth from here. The sssinnersss do not ssspeak of it becaussse many know not of itsss location or exissstence, but a sssmall handful do. Even then, there isss a great deal of life in the aforementioned direction. Can you not... sssenssse it?" At times the ghoul was drawn to it like a moth to a flame, but he knew far more resolve than that. It did no good leaping feet-first into a foreign city, no matter how primitive or advanced, without a decent plan of operation.

Eh? wrote:"We both ssstill have two cansss, Fear. I would not be ssso quick to make judgementsss bassed on intoxication."

Why you cheeky bastich!

Judge Fear placed both hands upon his bony hips and looked none too thrilled. "...Intoxicated?" reiterated a dubious ghoul. If his brother thought this was being intoxicated, then he truly had no clue! "Yesss, I am aware that we have two cansss left. And don't give me that ssslack-jawed look. You think I am not cognizant of the fact that whatever corpssse you inhabitant undergoesss a metamorphosssisss?" Honestly, brother! Judge Fear wasn't daft or blind. He pointed a displeased claw to add further, "I am ssspeaking of after you commandeer the vesssel, not before. Nothing truly ssstopsss you from changing ssskullsss afterward, the sssame asss how I can wear a different helm if I ssso choossse." He of course didn't for the same reason Judge Mortis preferred a sheep's skull: old habits that refused to die hard. "A bear ssskull? With your ssscrawny frame? Puh!" The Dark Judge loudly snorted and didn't bother concealing his skepticism. "You would never be able to withssstand sssuch ssspine-crussshing weight," he remarked, fanning a dismissive hand. "Out of all of you, I wasss the ssstrongessst one. The ressst of you lot paled whenever it wasss time to carry the hunting gear necessssary to track and capture fugitivesss." After all, who wore the heaviest uniform out of the quartet? Judge Fear rests his infallible case.

"You can alwaysss wear a cow'sss ssskull, or even a pig'sss. Their meat carries plenty of dissseasssse, and unwary consssumersss have perissshed many a time due to unsssafe processsing." This may or may not have been a subtle insult...

Whish!

Again his brother managed to score, the tallies thus far even and the likelihood of a stalemate even closer. "I am not ressscinding my previousss ssstatement." Stubborn the ghoul was, although Judge Fear humbled himself somewhat now that Judge Mortis had practically made a Cinderella Story. "If thisss endsss in a ssstalemate, no one isss called Judge Zombie and we are back to our original rolesss. I think thisss only fair, dear brother." And were not Judges of the law fair? Now watch this throw, because it may make or break their little game.

-----Outcome-----
    "Ooh, I think the only one intoxicated here isss you."

HITS: 3

Flipping a coin!
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:06 pm

'Coin Flip' :
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:52 pm

Alas, along with being at a fraction of his power the ghoul had failed to frequent the sanctuary as his brother did. Too busy pondering the madness of this realm, possibilities on regaining his former power. However, as Fear elaborated on there being another city further south, his posture straightened and he leaned forward slightly towards the other Dark Judge. "Thisss city doess sssound promisssing, brother. Although I am afraid I cannot sssenssse it asss easssily asss you can. I can barely make it out asss it isss, much lesss deduce that it isss another city." In fact, the only way Mortis realized there was even a city here to begin with was through his brother's mentioning of it and then traveling to see it for himself.

Speaking of which, it seemed Fear was not too eager to admit the effects of their drinking... At the same time, who knew what made the incarnation of fear itself drunk? Vodka aside of course. However, Fear was speaking more of whether or not the ghoul wished to change skulls after his acquiring of a vessel. A detail that should have been obvious, but through the haze of all these pesticides... "I wassss not aware." Mortis replied, shrugging. "Although I mussst admit I have been able to jusst pick up my head and place it back on my sssshoulderssss when removed." Perhaps trying out a change in skull types could be an interesting experience. That is, if his brother would try to stop tossing insults over his head. "Oh, I don't know Fear. I think a bucket would sssuit you rather nicely with that reasssoning." he retorted, jabbing a bony elbow into his brother's side. Regardless the Dark Judge was more than content with his sheepy skull.

Even as Fear managed to land another can in the trash bin.

Getting to his feet once more, the ghoul took his last can from the pile. Looking it over thoughtfully, he listened to Fear's own proposition. "That sssoundsss fair." He reasoned, before tossing the can toward the trash.

Alas, it was not a Cinderella story after all. For with that final toss the can bounced off the edge of the trash bin and clattered to the floor. "Sssstomm." He rasped, before sitting back down on the couch. Looks like he was going to be Judge Zombie after all.

0 CANS REMAINING

MISSES: 4

Last edited by Judge Mortis on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:52 pm

'Coin Flip' :
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:20 pm

So his brother really couldn't sense the other city? Then again, Judge Fear hadn't been privy to its existence until after a sizable portion of his former strength returned. "I sssimply know that it exissstsss, not what... isss..." Was the honourable Judge Mortis leaning because of his usual corpse-like gait or because all of his distasteful homemade "liquors" were finally working their way into that sheep's skull of his? The Dark Judge could not be too sure given the haze surrounding his brother's mind. "...currently within itsss bordersss," Judge Fear finished, hesitating. Perhaps his brother needed to -

Judge Mortis wrote:"Oh, I don't know Fear. I think a bucket would sssuit you rather nicely with that reasssoning."

...Nope, his brother needed nothing more than a good schooling.

"A bucket, huh?" inquired a ho hum Judge Fear. He lightly shoved his brother's sharp elbow aside and watched Judge Mortis miss gloriously. "Hmm, no. No, I think a bucket would be put to better ussse ssshelving your pride." Right into the garbage it goes, brother. Right where it belongs. The more decorated of the two reached for his last can, a can that no longer held any value in a game of points, and the helmeted ghoul drew his brother close. With one arm around dearest, dearest Judge Mortis, the Dark Judge casually remarked, "I look forward to your following sssubssservience thisss upcoming week - " Wait for it... waaaaaaaaait for it. " - Judge Zombie."

Zing!

HITS: 4

Flipping a coin to finish the game!
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:20 pm

'Coin Flip' :
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Give the ghoul's lean no worry, for as soon as the Dark Judge heard what Fear had to say regarding the city, he leaned back to his side of the couch. Merely an attentive interest, nothing more. "We will have to sssolve that myssstery then." The undead Judge decided. "Sssometime we mussst journey there for ourssselvesss." They had the vehicle, Fear could likely track where the city was on his detection of life alone, and if anything stood in their way? They could push a button and send them into the afterlife. Although, there was a part of his consciousness that knew their journey would likely not be so simple.

Much like this drunken contest.

As his can whiffed the breeze, Fear gladly had stepped up to put his pride in its place. "Sssss...If my pride belongsss in a bucket, a pigsss ssskull would be a likely guesss asss to what your face truly lookssss like." He grumbled. If only to add insult to injury, as it were, Fear decided to wrap his lanky arm about him as he tossed the final can into the trash bin. With a clatter of metal against plastic it went in, the ghoul's fourth successful toss out of six. He wished to balk, he wanted to exclaim for a rematch since his brother was not affected by the toxic chemicals. However, all the ghoul did was lean away from his brother's loose embrace, pinpricks of red beginning to glow in his eye sockets as his brother finally remarked...

Motherdrokker wrote:" - Judge Zombie."

"SSSSSSSSSSSSssssssss!" Mortis flicked away his brother's arm, the sheep-skulled Judge's own raising to point an accusatory finger at the grated helm. "Four days. Four! Not a day more." He rasped, the sound of bone smacking against vinyl audible as his tail violently whipped off of his legs. There was no way that he would be going through this humiliation for an entire week. He missed four times, and he would suffer for four days.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:57 pm

His brother's inner Judge was damn right that it wouldn't be simple. "You wisssh to take the vehicle through the murky ssswampsss, into the denssse junglesss, and Grud knowsss what?" Pardon him for the incredulous tone, but Judge Fear didn't need to be a psychic in order to realize what would happen. For one, K.A.R.R. was a powerhouse in his own right and could triumph over many obstacles; knee-high pits of mud and sludge, however, may not be one of them. And even if he could, K.A.R.R. would still need to traverse across miles upon miles of thick, gnarly tree roots. Think of all the repairs! "We will journey there oursselvesss, yesss. But after we have given it adequate thought."

Judge Salty wrote:"Sssss...If my pride belongsss in a bucket, a pigsss ssskull would be a likely guesss asss to what your face truly lookssss like."

"Ha ha ha!" The ghoul let out a boisterous laugh and fondly punched his brother in the rotten arm, metal grin all the more apparent. "That'sss the ssspirit, brother! Lossse with grace!" Oh Mortis, you were so funny. A pig's skull for a Judge that delighted in brutality!

Look at his brother, working up a monstrous temper... But unlike his dear brother, Judge Fear was a good sport and he happily took Judge Mortis' snarling ire. Naturally he had to turn a sour conversation into something better. "Mortisss, for ssshame," the ghoul hissed teasingly. "Isss that how we ssspeak to a Chief Judge?" Hey, you wanted to drink and play a game. Don't blame your brother for having a better tolerance! Speaking of which, Judge Fear finished all of his lethal tonic and felt an odd gurgle brewing somewhere deep within. "Hmm, I hope we don't experience a bit of corpssse explosssion. That would ruin our day together, wouldn't it? For you more than me, asss you'll be preparing our new vessselsss." Being, oh, Judge Zombie and all... Alright, alright. That's enough ribbing on Judge Mortis.

"Yesss, yesss. Four daysss. Not a day more and not a day lessss," he agreed. Red pricks and tail whipping aside, Judge Fear was all very much a patient fellow. "Ssso what now, Judge Zombie? Go on, for I, asss your new Chief Judge of four daysss, would very much like to hear it."

Worth an eternal bicker!
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Of course they would be bringing the vehicle along! Unless... "We could alwaysss travel there on our own, without the vehicle. We are both competent enough to travel alone ssshould we need to, unlessss you are againssst walking the denssse junglesss and murky ssswampsss." He replied in manner nearly musing. Regardless, Fear was correct that they would need to think further on this journey before they went anywhere. He settled his bony elbow on the arm of the couch, leaning on it comfortably. "Of courssse." The repairs could be laborious, yes... But they could always enlist a technician to join the ranks of their cultists, living or otherwise. Not to mention Fear was already beginning to learn a few things from spending time around the machine.

Either way, there had to be an alternative aside from having to drive all the way back to that Chop Shop every time KARR needed repairs.

Such thoughts were interrupted with a friendly punch in the arm and resonating deep laughter. Lose with grace, was it? The ghoul shook his bony head and allowed a small hiss, resigning his bristly posture from earlier to deflate into the couch cushions. That was right, Fear was now Chief Judge per the terms of their drinking game. His earlier disbelief and frustration quelled. Unlike Fire his temper was not so prone to flaring beyond control or sense, and he accepted his fate with hesitant but open arms. Figuratively speaking, of course. "Apologiesss, Chief Judge Fear." He rasped evenly, letting the back of his skull lean into the cheap blue vinyl. "Corpssse explosssion originatess from pent up gasssess. They only need be relassed if you wissh to keep your vessssel intact." He reasoned clinically. Although there could have been a subtle jibe hidden in there if the honorable Chief Judge squinted. Considering his helmet design, that would not be a problem at all.

"I expect no lessss, brother." The ghoul replied to Fear's agreement, the red pinpricks fading until only the darkness of his eye sockets remained. The ghoul's tail laxly curled and hung down over the couch cushion, idly flexing from side to side. As for what now? Mortis gave a reflexive curl of his thick talons at his new title, one that he may never grow used to despite the upcoming four days. "Nothing, Chief Judge." Mortis rasped quietly, tilting his head to look at the helmeted ghoul. "Next time, however... I will be sssure to gather actual ssspiritssss." He added after a moment of thought. Perhaps if Fear could handle the poisons, maybe it was the memory of alcohol that would send him reeling the next chance they had to challenge each other.

Vodka, whiskey, liquors, the good stuff. Not a bunch of bottle under the sink and Buddenberger. Never again that luke-warm piss.

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:50 am