0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Njorth (Skyrim fan character)

Post by Njorth on Wed May 21, 2014 9:27 pm

--PROFILE--

Name: Njorth (full name Njorth Bitter-Breeze)
    Species: Human (Nord)
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:
    Njorth is a tall, muscular man with pale skin, and smokey gray-blue eyes. His typical garb consists of a black robe with intricate patterns on the sleeves and the bottom of the robe, an amulet of Akatosh (though the annoying clipping prevents you from seeing it), black leather boots, and a black fur cloak (although he might leave the cloak at home if it is particularly warm out). His hair is long, shaggy, and pale blond in color, and a long bushy beard decorates his face.

Background:
    Njorth was born on the 5th of First Seed (equivalent to the 5th of March), 4E 167 to Alrek Bitter-Breeze (deceased), member of the Whiterun guard, and his wife Dagmar, a midwife. He grew up in a cottage just outside of the city, and would later come to own Breezehome, a cozy little house within the city walls.

As Njorth grew, he began to take interest in the restoration magic his mother used on the job, as well as the healing potions that she would brew. She gladly taught him everything he wanted to know, but his father wasn't entirely pleased with that. His parents were forced to flee their home city of Winterhold when their home was destroyed during the Great Collapse, and like his parents, he believed the mages of the College to be responsible. He wanted Njorth to get good with a weapon rather than "waste his time on magic tricks."

But Njorth continued to pursue his interest in the fields of magic and alchemy. While he did enjoy training with his father, his true passion lied in the arcane arts. As such, most of his teen years were spent with his nose stuck in a book, learning whatever he could on his own. He practiced and practice, and was eventually able to appease his father when he learned to summon bound weapons. However, he frequently warned him: "Stay away from that college, boy. I mean it!" And even though it ached him so, he obeyed, and continues to heed his warning to this day, even after his death.

On a fateful day in 4E, 201, an adult Njorth caught wind that Ulfric Stormcloak had been captured, and was going to be executed at Helgen. He headed over there to watch. Never would he have imagined that the hold would be attacked by a dragon, Alduin, just as Ulfric was about to be executed. He had to find his way out of the crumbling city, and its destruction would lead him on a path that he would have never imagined.

Since then, he discovered that he was Dragonborn, and was flung into a long-winded journey to defeat Alduin. In the end, he was successful, but he came to find that those events were the pinnacle of his life. His life, ever since, has been rather uneventful. That might be changing soon, however.

Personality:
    Njorth is brave, and rather intelligent. He enjoys a good challenge, and is very devoted to his work, so devoted that he will refuse to rest until he is finished. This has led to many sleepless nights in the past.

While Njorth is far from lacking in the focus department, and a great listener, he is no multitasker. He has to devote his focus on just one thing at a time, or else his work becomes jumbly and erratic. He doesn't take too kindly to being interrupted, either.

Strengths:
    +Nordic frost resistance (Ice-based attacks will do 50% less damage to Njorth)
    +Protection of The Lord (The sign of Njorth's birth provides a 25% resistance to magic-based attacks)
    +Physical strength

Weaknesses:
    -Trollkin (While his birthsign provides much protection, it comes with a weakness. As such, fire-based attacks do 25% more damage to Njorth)
    -Poor eyesight (For as long as he can remember, Njorth has been nearsighted. He also has difficulty seeing in dim light, and it's near impossible for him to see in the dark)
    -Work obsession (Njorth's obsession with completing tasks in one sitting has led to many sleepless nights, and many tired days)

World: Skyrim (city of Whiterun)
    Other: Njorth is soft-spoken, speaking in a gruff, slightly-Scandinavian accent.
    Group(s): Spellcasters, humans

--PRESENTATION--

"Damn it," Njorth sighed frustratedly as he waited for the potion to brew. This was the last of a batch of healing potions that he had promised the healers of the Temple of Kynareth. This last potion was taking an irritatingly long time to finish compared to the ones that preceded it. He had been working for hours now, and he had been hoping to be finished by sunset, but that was becoming progressively less likely as the hours wore on.

Suddenly, something caught his attention. A flash of bright blue light in the corner of his eye. He reluctantly removed the potion from the alchemy furnace, leaving the small room to investigate.

"What is Akatosh's name is this?!" Njorth gasped in surprise at the sight. It was a large, bright blue mass of light right in the middle of the living area. What was this thing, and what was it doing in his house? He cautiously approached the mass, the light hurting his eyes.

He squinted, reaching an arm into the light. It was a strange anomaly indeed. His fascination soon turned to panic as he felt himself being pulled towards the light. He struggled and resisted to the best of his ability, but it was hopeless. He fell forward, clamping his eyes shut as the painfully bright light blinded him.

Just what have I gotten myself into?

--ROLEPLAYER INFORMATION--

Nickname: It's me, Lorraine!
    Age Range: 19, yo!
    Contact Information: worldofdrakan@gmail.com (though I had to use a different email to register Njorth, I much prefer this one)
    Roleplay Experience: A looong time
    Other Characters: Olabisi
    How Did You Find Us?: Mel promo!

Last edited by Njorth on Tue May 27, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Njorth (Skyrim fan character)

Post by Zurg on Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Looking good, looking good. Go ahead and fill out the character sheet and I will swing by again.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Wed May 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Alright, I've filled it in!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed May 21, 2014 9:46 pm

Perfect!

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:33 pm