Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Hustle and Bustle

Post by Discord on Tue May 20, 2014 9:00 pm

Time: Early Evening
    Date: May 20th

The only thing Discord was certain of was how weak he felt at that moment. He was still unable to form a proper reaction to being pulled from his home so suddenly and without warning. All he could do was wander around aimlessly, unsure of where he was headed or even where there was to head, resorting to walking on all fours because he didn’t trust his ability to balance on two.

He looked around, but didn’t quite believe what he was seeing. He seemed to be in the middle of a bustling city with a combination of many elements of which he hadn’t ever encountered before and a precious few that were at least somewhat familiar. Instinctively he gravitated towards a plain wooden park bench on the sidewalk, coiling himself up on top of it like a snake. From here, he focused on orienting himself.

As he looked around quietly, he could see all kinds of creatures seemed to live here, most of which he couldn’t determine the species of. Typically he wouldn’t have hesitated to approach one of them, but today he wasn’t feeling like himself. He felt as if most of his magic had suddenly been drained from him, he could tell that the white tuft at the end of his tail was quivering slightly as it hung over the edge of the bench, he was so bombarded by the strangeness of this place that he didn’t seem to be able to form any coherent thoughts. He didn’t know what else to do, so he merely closed his eyes and buried his face in his coiled body, waiting for his senses to return to him once more.
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 5

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Re: Hustle and Bustle

Post by Fluttershy on Wed May 21, 2014 11:38 am

Fluttershy was hurrying her way home. She had to get there, soon. It was starting to get dark out and Angel Bunny was already starting to get impatient. The food in her saddle bags wiggled and clunked against each other as she softly made her trot down the main street. She was getting by with her life, finally getting the hang of things, but was still very unused to the people of this place. Especially the dragons. Oh, why? Why did it have to be dragons?

It had been almost a whole year since Pinkie Pie and Rarity had disappeared, and thankfully she had gotten over herself. Kev was really supportive of her and even let her stay with him for awhile to recuperate.  It was just the right place, too. It was filled with wonderful animals and fields. Luckily, she was even able to find a place not too far by that she could call her own. It was just like home. If only everywhere else felt like that, too.

At first, she had passed by the figure coiled on the bench, not really thinking too much of it. But then something hit her. It was something about him whether it was the peculiar tail or his multi-parted body or even the horn and antler that stuck out on his head.  Suddenly, Fluttershy's head snapped and her eyebrows furrowed. She scanned him again and then found herself being drawn closer to him in spite of everything, even Angel's complaining. Her lip quivered a little as she hesitated. Could that be...?

"Discord...?" she asked softly. "Is… is that you?" Of all the people (people?). She thought that any pony from Equestria was sure to pop up here. Originally she thought maybe Twilight or Applejack or Rainbow Dash or even Princess Celestia, but Discord? But how? Wasn't he turned to stone...? How... was this possible? This was a side of him she had never ever seen before! Was it even him? What happened?

Last edited by Fluttershy on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Wed May 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Discord could’ve sworn he’d heard the sound of hooves, but rather than coaxing him out of his shell, it only served to make him burrow in deeper, his ears drooped in despair. He knew that the sound either wasn’t real or wasn’t what he thought it was, and he wasn’t too eager to get his hopes up for a false alarm, even though he still thought he could be dreaming. Then, he heard her voice.

The soft, sweet, melodic tone was such music to his ears that it sounded like she had sang or cried his name in joy, even though in reality it was simply a shocked or even alarmed whisper. His head shot up in attention immediately. There, standing in front of him, was a very familiar yellow and pink pony that he could’ve seen and recognized from a mile away. “Fluttershy?”

At first, he didn’t fully believe his eyes. Certainly this was too good to be true, there was no possible way she could be here! And yet, there she was, plain as a sunray, seeming very out of place in this strange world. He only sat there in silence, staring at her, waiting for her to vanish, but she didn’t seem to be going anywhere. After that moment, he almost entirely forgot how scared he was. He had no idea how she had gotten here, but, at least for the moment, he couldn’t have cared less. A broad smile bloomed on his face, and he leaped straight up into the air will a shout of joy before swooping down to take Fluttershy in his arms in a rough affectionate embrace. “Oh Fluttershy, you have absolutely no idea how happy I am to see your sweet face again!”
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Wed May 21, 2014 10:32 pm

Fluttershy let out a silent gasp. It was him. It really was him! ...oh, dear! What was she going to do? She was alone, and worst of all, there were no girls or the Elements of Harmony to fight him! Though, maybe she didn't need them. The pegasus didn't really expect to find Discord just laying there, wrapped up in a coiled ball. It looked like he was horribly frightened, which just didn't seem like him at all. It worried her. The whole shock of running into him though had left the pony paralyzed, unable to bring herself to back away or change how dumbfounded she looked. But... but he was turned into stone, wasn't he? What was he doing here? Did he just get here? How long has he been here? Is he hungry? Should she even trust him? So many questions were racing through her mind, but they all seemed to get swallowed up completely in an unforeseen bearhug.

Fluttershy's eyes widened at the sudden embrace and she drew her head back a little. Thankfully, Angel Bunny hopped off her back just before he picked the pony up and just in time, too. She couldn't imagine the poor rabbit getting crushed by how rough his hug was. Unease settled on her face and she let out a small chuckle. "Uh... It's nice to see you too... Discord..." She didn't understand why he was so happy to see her but if she was him, she would have been happy to see anypony's face, too.
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Thu May 22, 2014 8:49 am

Discord paused. Something wasn’t right…

He set down the yellow pony and examined her, walking around her in a circle with his eyes narrowed in suspicion and his lion paw at his chin. She looked like Fluttershy, she talked like Fluttershy, she was just as timid as Fluttershy; there was no doubt in his mind that this was indeed Fluttershy, somehow. However, her discomfort? He looked into her eyes--getting right in her face in the process--and saw that she was at least uncomfortable, if not afraid. That was when the tumblers began to click into place. He recoiled in shock; Fluttershy wasn’t comfortable around him?

“You don’t sound too happy to see me,”
    he said partly to himself, his suspicion and a little bit of hurt apparent in his voice. “I don’t understand, why aren’t you happy to see me?” As it became apparent to him that what seemed too good to be true probably was, he began to sink back into his previous mood; his smile waned, his tail started to sink to the ground, his ears gradually became limp, and he began to space out as if he were in a trance, because of course now there was a downpour of other thoughts all stemmed from the one notion that Fluttershy was acting strange, and each passing thought just got stranger. Maybe she didn’t want to be around him? Maybe she had decided that he shouldn’t be so easily forgiven for his mistakes? Maybe she didn’t want to be friends anymore? He stiffened in astonishment, wondering whether he dared to voice his concerns. He bit his lip and looked somewhat wearily at the yellow pony, still examining her but trying not to, almost as if he was trying to read a particularly offensive book.
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Thu May 22, 2014 6:17 pm

Guess suspicious was a good way to put it. The pegasus couldn't come to terms as to why he was circling around her or staring at her the way that he did. Was he okay? Maybe he needed somepony to stick together with and show him around. Maybe it wasn't the best to be holding a grudge and shove him away. Something was odd though, and the pony could feel it.

Discord wrote:“You don’t sound too happy to see me,”

"What?" Fluttershy squeaked, a hoof to her head. There was more she was about to say to that, but the words flew out of Discord's mouth faster than they could fly out of her own. But, how could she be happy to see him? Not that she was ungrateful, however he was a huuuuge meanie the last time she saw him. How could she even forget? She remembered how mischievous and mocking and cruel he used to be. Did it change, all of a sudden?

Fluttershy's ears drooped looking at him, feeling such a heavy ache in her heart. He looked so heartbroken; something that she couldn't imagine him being. Fluttershy didn't know he could even feel those things. What had he done? Or... what had she done? How could she be so mean, like this?

"I...I don't know..." she stuttered. "I mean, it's probably... best that we should stick together since we're possibly the only two people from Equestria, but... I just don't know... You remember what you did to us, don't you?" She was sure he did. He knows exactly what he did. Isn't that right?

"You transformed us into the complete opposite of our elements, and then turned me and my friends against each other. If we didn't stop you, all of Equestria would have been turned into nothing but chaos." She was very sure of herself that she wasn't assuming things and that she knows what Discord was probably talking about. ...right?

"Though I can feel that there's something seriously wrong," the pegasus admitted, approaching him with caution. "Are you okay? I didn't mean to upset you. How did you get released from stone again? Did something happen while I was gone?"
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Thu May 22, 2014 8:29 pm

Fluttershy wrote:"You remember what you did to us, don't you?"

Discord glanced off to the side in shame, the recent events with Tirek replaying in his mind as he nodded slightly in ascent. He would've preferred to forget his all too eager betrayal, but he wouldn't be allowed to do that by anyone, not even himself. Then, Fluttershy elaborated with the events of his second defeat.

Discord blinked once and turned back to the yellow pony, his guilty expression immediately transforming into one of pure confusion. 'Turned them against each other?' he thought. 'But that was eons ago! I thought she had already forgiven me for that, or at least had let go of the grudge from it...' He thought hard for a moment, but couldn't think of any possible reason as to why Fluttershy wouldn't remember how she had changed him for the better. They were good friends, weren't they? She could have amnesia, but he didn't seem to have any so he reasoned that it wasn't very likely that she'd have any either. Then again, it could be different for ponies...

Fluttershy wrote:"How did you get released from stone again? Did something happen while I was gone?"

So she didn't remember--wait, what? "Wait a minute, while you were 'gone'?" he asked in disbelief, much more than thoroughly confused by now. "What do you mean, 'gone'? I don't recall you ever leaving. Just this morning I saw you feeding your animals outside your cottage."

Discord all but gave up entirely on trying to puzzle this out... Everything Fluttershy had said so far had only served to confuse him further. How in Equestria could she possibly forget everything they had done together? When Fluttershy had first chanced upon him only minutes ago, he had been relieved to see a familiar face in this peculiar dimension, but now, he realized, her face was the only thing familiar about his dear friend. 'Why?'
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Fri May 23, 2014 6:18 am

Oh, ...wow~. Discord  even looked away from her as if he were hiding from a lot of past guilt. Discord even regretted stuff, too? He has changed. As a matter of fact, he's changed a lot! It was like he had been reformed for good. Fluttershy wondered briefly who was even responsible for this and would be sure to thank them if she ever saw them. They must have been very brave.

Unfortunately, his shame must have been toward something else. Toward the end of her speech he began to look disoriented, and what he had in response only disoriented her. "This morning?" Fluttershy reiterated in astonishment. It's like he saw her just before he came here, which isn't possible...? The pony's body began to quiver. She was... was she there? In Equestria, ...with all of her friends...?  Water dripped from her eyes, thinking about them and her home where she had been taken from, and all the animals... "But... that can't be right... but I've been here. For… two years I've been here. In this place... I'm so confused..." Fluttershy pressed her front hooves up against her eyes, and sniffled softly. Sometimes she just wanted to go home…

Angel hopped over to her and roughly prodded the mournful pony out of her saddened state. He then gestured over in the direction of where the heartlands were, and it gave her an idea. "Of course," the pegasus beamed softly, wrapping her arms around him. "Why didn't I think of it sooner?"

"I know things might look puzzling now, but it won't be like this forever," the pegasus reassured , now redirected at Discord. "There's someone I know who has been here even longer than I have. Maybe he can help us... You can come …if you want." The pony extended her hoof to Discord.

It was okay if he rejected it, but one thing was for sure; there was no way that Fluttershy was going to leave Discord alone in the street. He was far too weak to stay here, especially at night. He has no idea how awful things can get here at night. She'd either find him someplace to stay or stick with him until he left. There was no way she was going to abandon her friend. Yes, he might have been a big meanie in the past, but she assured herself that it was best to let go and set it aside.
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Fri May 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Discord shrank slightly as the pony began to tear up. He supposed he should’ve been a little more sensitive than that. He hadn’t been trying to upset her, he was just confused. From the sound of it, they both were. What really struck him, though, was the length of time she said she had been in this place for; two years! He hadn’t even had to spend more than two minutes in this place before he had gotten homesick, and she had been here for two years… The thought made him sick to his stomach.

He was about to move forward to comfort her, but hesitated. She obviously didn’t exactly like him, so perhaps that wasn’t the best choice at the moment… Thankfully, Angel stepped in, gesturing off in the distance. Discord peered in that direction, but wasn’t sure what the bunny meant. It seemed to hold some significance to Fluttershy, however, seeing as the gesture made her brighten noticeably.

Discord wasn’t sure who Fluttershy was talking about, and when the yellow pony offered him her hoof, he hesitated slightly. He didn’t trust anything about this place, and of the things he had seen of it so far, he wasn’t too eager to tangle with anything from or in it. However, he also didn’t seem to have much of a choice; it looked like he was stuck here, at least for the time being. This was Fluttershy, after all, and she wasn’t the kind of pony who would hang around with somebody if they were evil. Of course they could be lying to her, but he wasn’t sure that that was very likely.

So, for now at least, it seemed as if he only had one option.

Discord accepted Fluttershy’s hoof. ”I know you probably don’t know why, but I trust you, Fluttershy. What I’d like right now is some answers, and if you think this friend of yours can help, then I’m all for it,” he said confidently. ”Lead the way.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:39 am