Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Humans Like Cookies, Right?

Post by Olabisi on Tue May 20, 2014 3:09 pm

DATE: MAY 20TH, 2014
    TIME: 2:30 PM

The following weeks since Olabisi's admittance to the inn yielded some rather humorous searches on the computers, including gems such as: "What do humans like to eat?" "What is delicious?" and "Why are cookies called cookies and not bakeys?" After a while, she had settled on cookies. Making something for the inn, it was the least she could do in return for allowing her to stay for free. Truthfully, she had attempted to make the cookies multiple times. Twice, to be specific.

On her first attempt, she burnt them. Horribly. The fumes from her failure stunk up the third and fourth floors something awful. Luckily, she did a good job in hiding her culinary disaster, although the effort did leave her feeling extremely queasy for the rest of the day, and into the next day. She had made a mental note that day to never try and eat twenty burnt, or even not-burnt cookies in one sitting ever again.

Today, however, was a good day. Cookie baking take two was a complete success. They came out wonderfully, a perfect batch of chocolate chip cookies! Olabisi was absolutely beaming as she carried the platter of cookies down to the first floor. She found a place to put the platter, and placed a paper placard proclaiming, "free cookies. Help yourself," behind it. All that was left was for her to stand there, waiting for people to notice the sweet-smelling morsels lying on the table.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Humans Like Cookies, Right?

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed May 21, 2014 6:03 pm

If there was anything that catch this innkeeper’s attention and distract him away from work, it was food. Over the years, he had found his tenants to be rather avid fans of cooking and baking. There was never a time where you would stroll through the inn and not catch whiff of something cooking - especially the first floor in both the lower and higher numbered rooms.

The smell pf burnt cookies, though, nothing new, certainly raised an eyebrow when the fumes were picked up in the far end of the fourth floor and slightly on the third floor. Link had imagined the smell must have floated down the stairwell at the end of the hallway directly opposite beside the room where it wafted the strongest. At first, he was worried because he remembered the tenant of that particular room was rather flammable. The fact there was no screaming, no instant poofing to the ‘crime scene’ by the security staff and also no smoke alarms going off stopped him from charging into the room. His new tenant must be embarrassed enough turning her cooking into presumably charcoal, there was no need to cause a big scene out of it.

So, when today came about and he saw a plate of cookies sitting downstairs with a message written in a familiar handwriting, the boy grinned widely. Very proudly in the rankings of possibly owning one of the biggest sweet tooth on premises, Link took not one, but TWO cookies from the plate, turned Olabisi’s message over, scribbled a single word ‘Thanks’ then propped it back up the right way round again.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Wed May 21, 2014 6:47 pm

"You're welcome," Olabisi replied. Oh I do hope he likes them. she thought nervously. A perfect batch of cookies is monumental, especially considering the whole fiasco with her last batch. She would try a cookie from the new batch herself, but she couldn't possibly think of eating one right now, not at all. The very thought of it made her stomach turn in resentment. Becoming so incredibly ill after scarfing down every last bit of the remains of her culinary catastrophe has understandably put her off of cookies for a while.

"Do tell me what you think of them. Please be honest."
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Thu May 22, 2014 6:13 am

Ooohhhhh, chocolate would be handy to have right now!

The mood she was portraying for most of the week was a face smile plastered onto her face, all the while Lunette had been fighting with some very sad and disheartening emotions. So many problems had happened and more still awaited--no necklace, no way home, she couldn't contact her close friends--nothing at all made this any better. Lunette was happy to know this place had some kind patrons, and it did help her a bit to cope, but it was still just a terrible week. Crying so much she had to use her handkerchief due to lack of tissues!

Rubbing her eyes as she left her room, clearing them of any leftover tears from her small crying session, she went ahead and slapped on her 'happy' face, and decided to look around the city today once more--and also place up a flier for her necklace. She had to find it... it was all she had left...

Before leaving, though, Lunette's nose got a whiff of something delicious and chocolatey. Both things of which she needed right about now.

Turning to find the source, she saw Link take two cookies, and a... mummy-like girl near him. Such a sight was not beyond what she has witnessed and seen in her world, but nothing to this extent, really. But enough of that--cookies were calling forth. And Lunette wandered over to glance at them and pick out the one with the most chips in it, taking a large bite and happily eating it. "Hmm... this is good! I needed something chocolatey, too..." Lunette responded as she covered her mouth, speaking as she chewed.

After finishing, she looked to Olabisi, "you made these? They're very good. Thank you, it was just the small boost I needed."
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Thu May 22, 2014 7:03 am

"So they really are good? I'm so glad that they turned out the way they did. Usually I'm not the best cook, but I guess that you can say that I learn by... ah, trial and error," Olabisi said, scuffing her feet nervously. The mummy's horrid excuse for a first attempt hurt her ego more than a little. All of these nice compliments were just what she needed to recover the lost ego, even if it was just a little.

She knew that she had initially decided that her stomach wasn't quite ready for another cookie, but the positive feedback that this batch was receiving might very well be enough to change her mind. She picked up one of the cookies from the platter, smelling it. It certainly smelled good. Reluctantly, she took a small bite of the morsel, slowly chewing it. As she chewed, it could only be assumed that under her bandages, she was grinning from ear to ear. It was without much hesitation that she stuffed the rest of it into the mouth, absolutely melting at the taste.

Oh they are delicious!
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Sat May 24, 2014 7:44 am

"Failing is to be expected when learning, but it's also a step in the right direction, as they say," Lunette stated as she took another bite of her cookie, holding her flier. With chocolate in hand, her worries felt like they melted away for a little bit. She let out a sigh as Olabisi ate one of her own cookies and, to her surprise, they were good. "See?" Lunette replied as she finished the one she had in hand. Dusting the crumbs off of her mouth and dress, the feline prepped herself again before she was ready to leave.

Oh, but one more thing.

She turned to Olabisi and gave a small wave, "I'm Lunette, Ms. Lunette preferably. I was wondering, have you seen a necklace around...? It's silver and in the shape of wings, with a beautiful gemstone in the center of it. It was taken from me when I arrived here, and I'm very sure the culprits are still around..." she asked the Thep Khufan, tilting her head. If she hadn't, that was fine--she would at least get the nice mummy-girl's name. But she hoped the girl would've seen any sign or hint of it...

"Oh, and the uh... the guys, I don't really remember them... one was very big, the other had wings and the other one... uhm... his face was strange, if I recall. Boney..." Because that's normal, right?
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sat May 24, 2014 11:37 am

The mummy nodded, contemplating the description of the thieves that stole the feline's necklace. She raised a hand up in a "give me a moment" gesture before swallowing her cookie.

"So they're a really big guy and winged guy with a weird face? No, I can't say that I've seem them, but I will keep an eye out. Sounds like a really beautiful necklace you had there, too. I don't think it'd be a hard thing to miss. What color was the gemstone in the center, if I might ask? The name's Olabisi, by the way, but most people just call me Ola for short. I don't really care which you call me."
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Mon May 26, 2014 6:35 am

Nope. Still no dice. Oh well... Time to go post this thing on the board and wait until someone sees or hears from them... This was getting annoying. But Lunette was confident and had patience... perhaps not the emotional strength to deal with it, but definitely the patience! "It changes colors depending on who's wearing it, but I think the last time I saw it, it was purple. Or a purple coloration leaning towards red. Something along those lines..." How embarrassing, she couldn't even remember the color! She didn't look down at it too much, though, to be honest. Just knowing it was around her neck made her happy.

Lunette nodded, "Olabisi, alright... It was nice to meet you and thank you for the cookies, but I should be heading out and looking for my necklace... If you see any of those guys I described--tall, winged, or skull faced--please let me know..." She gave a small wave before turning and heading out. She had stuff to do, and Lunette wasn't going to sit around and be depressed about it! Not yet.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue May 27, 2014 9:21 am

Just the right amount of crunch on the outside, chewy on the inside, chocolate chips throughout without overloading the sweetness. Link nodded. Yes, they were good. Just as he was going to pull out his tablet to put his opinion in writing, Ms. Lunette came by and the boy turned to greet her with a wave. Ah, yes, what the cat lady said. Link agreed with a nod and a point towards Ms. Lunette’s direction.

Immediately afterwards, he then glanced  at the clock. Time for work. Time for work. With wave to his two tenants, the innkeeper dismissed himself from cookies and went on his way back to the office, leaving them to continue their conversation.

[[Sorry for late reply! Please consider Link departed from this thread before Lunette introduced herself to Olabisi. I've maxed out my threads quota (currently sitting on 20+ active threads) and cannot maintain another fast paced thread. Apologies. Have fun!]]
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Tue May 27, 2014 4:34 pm

"Like I said, Lunette," Olabisi began, grabbing another cookie, "I'll keep an eye out for them. I'm sure they'll turn up eventually. If we don't find them, I'm sure the ISOs will be on their case soon enough." She shoved the morsel into her mouth, now speaking between chews. "The ISOs are basically the police around here. The lot that you're describing sound like a bunch of troublemakers."

She paused for a moment to swallow the cookie, realizing a bit too late that speaking with your mouth full is rather rude.

"I'm sure that stealing a necklace isn't the first crime that they'll be committing in these parts. I'll be rather surprised if it is."

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:35 am