Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Re: It's Dangerous to go Alone, Take This!

Post by Olabisi on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:27 pm

"It was nothing, really. I guess I was just at the right place at the right time."

A smile crossed the mummy's face. She was just glad to have been able to help out her new friend, but dinner? Yes, dinner would be very nice. She could really go for a bite to eat right about now.

"And I'd love to join you for dinner. Maybe I could help you cook? I think you're the only one in the group who's had my cookies. If they've never had them, they need to try some. They're a major improvement from the first batch I ever made. They were burnt to a crisp, and just about stunk up the entire inn."
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 52

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:35 pm

It seemed just as soon as Arro had gotten into the air he was settling down to land. There had been a flash of light in his peripherals and a second later the thieves were gone.

That almost stumped him. It was bizarre for those with the upper hand to deliberately allow their enemies to escape. There was always the obvious reason, that a trap or something worse had been placed in wait for them to stumble into. But somehow he didn't believe that was the case here. Whatever ability they had activated was considerably powerful, they could take damage and dole it back out without any effort or injury, something like that had to have it's limits. Perhaps the thieves had reached them.

The dragon touched ground with a rush of air and dust, the moment gravity reclaimed him his talons began carrying him to the last spot the creatures had stood, his nostrils flaring and sniffing for an explanation. Like nearly everyone who vanished through arcana however, there was no trail to be found, only lingering scents and feathers. The dragon raised his head with a frustrated snort and stared hungrily off into the trees.

That was severely anticlimactic.

He turned towards the others, straining to stem the subtle growling ebbing from his chest and the disappointment that bristled through his scales. There was an excess of adrenaline burning in his muscles that he hadn't the chance to shed. As far as fights go however, this was the best outcome of a bad situation, too many among them were unsuited for a battle like the kind that'd been building. The dragon flicked his amber gaze up to the faces that remained and nodded to the Leopard as he took his leave, then listened as the others conversed. A portion of his senses were still honed on the shadows and sounds within the woods surrounding them, and only processed the gist of what was being discussed, but he responded at the right cues.

Homura Akemi wrote:"I'm fine. Did they say anything as they left?" Fully aware that they had fled, Homura had missed it as she had been in a timestop.

"Threats of their return, and allusions to other business as an excuse for leaving," he summarized, while staring into the dark forest. Lunette began to speak then, and the chagrin in her apologies and offers drew his full attention.

"You don't need to apologize. They were thieves and eager killers, they deserved worse than we could give" he rumbled, siding with Homura in his opinion of the situation. Fighting being something he didn't exactly avoid was besides the point. "But I'd take the Leopard's advice and be more cautious of where you travel in the future, in case they were doing more than blowing smoke."

As for food.

"Thank you for the offer, but I prefer to catch my own dinner" he skurred, smiling thinly. "Travel safely, all of you."

With that he turned away, and faded silently back into the gloom.
    Archer
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 11

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    160/160  (160/160)
    Stamina Bar:
    22/22  (22/22)

Post by Archer on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:55 pm

As expected, Archer's plan was a complete success, thanks to his and Homura's amazing cooperation, as well as reliable allies. With bandits having fled, Archer was left to ponder their motives. He knew that the enemies would probably have won if they'd pursued them, so why didn't they? They had mentioned having "more important things to do", which while not Archer's problem seemed ominous. His primary purpose right now was keeping Homura safe, that in return required him to do his best to protect Portal Breach in it's entirety, especially now that the lines between good and evil were much clearer than they had been.

After Ms. Lunette had spoken he wasn't sure what to feel. He didn't care for her excuses, not everyone is born a fighter so there was no reason for her to apologize, it couldn't be helped if she'd been useless. Inviting everyone to dinner was a nice idea, but a pointless one considering neither him nor Homura has any need for-

Homura Akemi wrote:"Thank you. May we join you?"

"Wha-", Archer practically lost his balance as Homura agreed to the invitation. "Since when did you eat, Homura? I thought one of the good things about being a magical zombie was not needing to digest food.", he paused for a second.

"...Is suppose it can't be helped, I'll cook for you from here on out as you seem to be incapable of preparing it on your own.", and so Archer once again managed to make a nice gesture seem like the biggest pain in the world, he'd never admit to enjoying these things, twisted as he was.

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 am