Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Is This Reality?

Post by Livewire on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:34 am

This could be seen as a Winchester’s lucky break, in the right light, but the same could be said for dying as well.  

Sam’s cooperation was appreciated by the femme.  Now that they were sufficiently distant from the crowd she could worry less about him freaking out, as he had begun to do before.  She would have no issue restraining him if he did become problematic, but the child would like to avoid that situation.  Plus, if she hurt him, she might have to deal with the ISOs.  Even for all of her time living here, she didn’t know very much at all about Portal City’s sentinels, and would rather avoid calling one through her actions.

Livewire could clearly see the fear and confusion in Sam’s fidgeting hands and quick glances.   It’s a typical response, she thought to herself, delaying the information any further would probably increase his anxiety at this moment. Two blue optics quickly studied the human’s face while the rest of her posture was kept carefully relaxed.   Might as well get to the big stuff.

“You are in Portal City, located in Portal Breach.  We are on the main continent of the Breach, on what I believe is the most populated planet in the system.”  She paused, and kept a study of his expressions and body posture to gauge his reactions.  When the femme herself had first arrived here, it hadn’t been too traumatic to realize that her world was lost to her.  She was only two months old, she didn’t exactly have much attachment to Earth.  Sam, however, seemed to be an adult human and so she expected that the loss would deal a greater blow.  Best ease into it as much as she could. “You are no longer on the planet that you knew.” Yeah, that’s gentle right?

“We were brought here by X, who is the deity of this realm.  This city, and the planet, are located in Gamma X, where X rules over. X is…eccentric, so I wouldn’t go bothering him for a while.”  She will never forget the first time she had met X.  Never.  Livewire paused again in her explanation.  She didn’t expect Sam to take this well, most didn’t.  Even though it would be frustrating to her, the femme understood that denial could be a good coping method for newcomers.   He would come to terms with it eventually, even if it took a while.  

Alright, now for the heavier stuff.  Livewire’s shoulders relaxed a bit as her head tilted down somewhat.  Her voice changed to something which sounded kinder, gentler, from her previous approach.  She  was still learning how to act this way and so the femme didn’t try to act as if she was a friend to him, just tried to put forth some appearance of sympathy for what was to be said. “We are told that X brings us here to save us from the collapse of our home universes. There was probably a better way to state that, but moving on. “The portals that bring us here are one-way only.  You will not be able to return. “  Alright, and now for the hope-pill.

“Even so, you are not necessarily the only one who will come here from your universe.  There are multiple instances of multiple saves from the same universe, and on more than one occasion they know each other in some way.  We have siblings here, which is the main connection I believe, and after that I think it’s followed by partners. “ She could list a few sibling pairs, and it really was quite strange to the femme that so many existed.  She wouldn’t worry about it, however. Livewire had accepted that X was beyond her understanding. “Even if you may be alone right now, there’s a chance that someone else will arrive.  So don’t lose hope, or something.”  Smooth, Livewire.  Real smooth.

Let’s hope you didn’t send him into another attack, that would be rather inconvenient.
    Sam Winchester
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 7

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    17/17  (17/17)

Post by Sam Winchester on Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Earth was gone… His home, his life, Dean, were gone. This news hit Sam like a freight train. What had happened to restart the Apocalypse? Did Lucifer really escape his Cage, find a strong enough vessel, and take on Heaven? Did the Earth roast just like Lucifer say it would? Did Dean put up a fight until the very end? Tears began to build up in his eyes. What could have been a dream was now turning into a nightmare. Why can’t I just get a lucky break!? Sam wasn’t frustrated or angry he was in pain. It felt like Zachariah had removed his lungs. He couldn’t breath. He felt like he was suffocating. Sam had to pound his chest to get himself breathing again. He couldn’t let this kill him. He needed to push through it and get used to it. It was his job to figure out the unexplainable.

Sam continued to listen to Livewire as she explained the deity who brought him here. This one seemed to play more of a part in its world’s life than God did. This X seemed like it looked out for people in other worlds too. But why? Why did it only save certain beings and not entire universes? What made the people it saved worthy enough and not the countless other lives that lived with them? What made me worthy enough to live and everyone else back home die? Sam thought. Why me? Why not save Dean, Cas, and Bobby? They were better than me. They deserved this clean slate. Not me…

It was the hope-pill that caused the handsome man to start crying. He was conflicted now. He wanted nothing more than to see his brother alive and healthy but it would mean being pulled back into his old life, his hunting life. If this was all real, Sam could have a fresh new start. Live the life he always wanted, not some living horror show where his life was in constant danger. He didn’t want to deal with ghosts, vampires, or demons anymore. He just wanted a simple easy life. Is that too much to ask for? And the fact the portals were only one-way meant he would never be able to return home. This was his home now. He had finally decided this place was real. The Lucifer he saw had only been an illusion. Livewire was able to break Sam out of his delusion with a few taps. And with all the information she had given me, this place had to be real. This would be too much work for one nightmare. I truly escaped the Cage. Relief washed over him but there was still the question of why he kept seeing Lucifer. That would have to be answered some other time.

Wiping the tears from his face, Sam took a couple deep breaths. I need to calm down and keep a cool head. Livewire only said there was a chance Dean would arrive here. If he did, Sam would deal with it then. If his brother never arrived, Sam would have to live with the thought that he was gone.

“Thank you,” Sam finally said after a long period of silence. His voice cracked a little but it still had its husky tone. “Thank you for showing me this kindness and explaining what happened.” He looked down at the ground for a moment. He was planning out what to do now. There was no need to go to the library now. Livewire told him everything he wanted to know. All the distraught man wanted was to curl up and think everything out. He had a lot of emotions to go through.

“I don’t suppose you can show me to that inn you talked about earlier. I would greatly appreciate it.”
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:54 am

Oh.  Oh no.  Oh no, he’s crying. The femme’s outward appearance remained unchanged, but her mental facilities were being whipped up in alarm.  When was the last time she had dealt with a crying person?   Well, it wasn’t exactly uncommon for her to see them, but the majority of the femme’s recent interactions with the weeping had brought nothing but annoyance in response to their tears.  She could feel the annoyance growing, yes, but at the moment it was being outweighed by a sense of concern for this unstable stranger.  

If only this situation had happened a few months earlier.  Maybe then Livewire wouldn’t find herself sitting beside a crying man, unable to reach out or offer comfort.  No helpful words arose in the femme’s thoughts for Sam, and she wouldn’t put value in empty ones.  No, Livewire couldn’t comfort him because doing so would require her to have a greater sense of empathy than she allowed.  She had done her very best to bury that part of herself, to isolate her emotions and restrict them to only the people she could trust.  The femme might have been able to feel more for Sam, to connect, but he was eight months too late for that.

Instead, Livewire merely watched as Sam struggled to compose himself.  She waited patiently as Sam took calming breaths.  Like a little statue, Livewire did not move until he managed to speak to her.   “You’re welcome, Sam.”  Her optics traced over his form to judge his current state.  He seemed…exhausted?  Perhaps not physically, but mentally would make sense for the situation.

With a slight nod, Livewire stood up from the bench and gently patted down her skirts so that they fell back into place.  She turned to face him, looking at him but with her head tilted only slightly in the hopes that he wouldn’t somehow associate it with her “looking down on him”, as the femme doubted that would help the situation.  She then turned to examine the current traffic.  It was beginning to pick up, as she had expected.  The air roadways were starting to become more populated and the crowds were coming out for the mid-day rush.  I should keep him away from the main crowds, in case he is triggered again. The femme quickly plotted out a course to the Inn that would avoid the more populated areas.   One of her hands was held down towards the bowed human, in case he required the assistance to stand or if he could find some sort of comfort in the physical touch.

“We can go now, if you are able.”
    Sam Winchester
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 7

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    17/17  (17/17)

Post by Sam Winchester on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Sam politely waved the kind gesture away and stood. He could stand on his own. Livewire had done enough for him already and he needed to stand on his own. Alone in a new world, a world filled with countless beings that he couldn’t even begin to imagine. Hopefully there weren’t too many creatures that went bump in the night and fed on humans. Granted if there were such people, maybe they weren’t like their counterparts from his world. Who knows, they could be the few monsters he had met who tried normal human lives.

Looking at the Transformer, Sam smiled and nodded a little. “I can make it. I’ve faced things like this before.” He did his best to sound convincing and drained. It was a fact he had face similar situation but this one took the cake. No Trickster, no advance spell, no demon deals, this was reality. This place was the ex-hunter’s new home. "Thanks again for your help. and explaining what happened."

He would follow Livewire all the way to the Inn. Making sure to stay close to his generous guide, Sam would try and become familiar with the route they would take and locate any major landmarks that could help him later on. No one wants to get lost in a new city.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:32 pm