Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Re: Wrong Deal, Right Location

Post by Nym on Mon May 26, 2014 6:07 am

Invited them over to see some sheep and instead, they get a front row seat to death. Seemed legit.

Nym was feeling an interesting mixture of emotions, but he tried to keep them to himself. This was not his problem. This was not his business. He just kept reminding himself about that, because Nym didn't want to say anything to upset Kev. Like how foolish it is to allow someone like Fear so close to you. Nym wasn't afraid of Fear or Mortis, he was more afraid of what they would be doing to Kev later on. He knew Kev had killed before--Jak for example--and that he could certainly take care of himself. But he was...

"Sorry?" Nym looked up to Kev, his face scrunched a bit, "... What you do is your business... I just hope you know what you're getting into... Because I don't want Aya or Zurg to find out about this probably about as much as you don't want them to, either." Because the two would most likely come up to Kev and kill him. Albeit, Nym figured later on that Fear and Mortis may do the same... which was also bad. "I just don't want you to end up hurt... or killed..." Nym stated as he looked back down at the table.

That was all he had to say on that matter, though. He fell silent, and would most likely not speak until asked to do so. Too many irritated words were fluttering through his head like a thousand angry hornets wanting to come out and sting--but there was no need for anger or irritation. Nym just had to remember and hope that Kev had everything under control. He knew what he was doing. What he was getting into.

He had to.

Did he?
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue May 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Kev turned around to face the digimon, tapping his fingers together. He supposed Nym was right, that this stuff was his business, not Nym's. The less Nym knew, the better he'd be all around. If he wasn't going to ask about what was going on and would rather be left out of it, Kev wouldn't bring him into it or dump the information of what was happening on him. And it sounded like Nym didn't want Aya or Zurg to find out about this either... "R-right..." He didn't want them to know in the first place, but especially after he'd killed someone in front of Nym and the Judges had seemed like they wanted to 'get rid of any witnesses'...yeah, no, Aya and Zurg would be very unhappy.

"I know what I'm getting into...and I promise I'm not...going to go around killing random people. That's not what this is. I just...want to keep this place safe. I know there's some things I can't prevent but if there's a way to prevent...really bad things from happening here, I'm going to try and do it." No one else, as far as he knew at least, was doing anything about the things Daemeon was doing. No one was doing anything about Ridley either. And then there was Hazama...people who were just waiting around, biding their time and doing things that might destroy the place or hurt others.

Kev looked back down to Nym though, and felt a bit of guilt. Nym's worry wasn't unfounded, Kev was putting himself in something of a bad place to be. He knew he was, he'd told Judge Fear as much when he'd initially tried to say no to him. That people would want revenge, that he might die in the process of what he wanted to do. Daemeon was weaker though, and he'd have help in the Judges. Kev stepped forward and carefully wrapped his arms around the furry digimon, stroking his back lightly in an attempt to be reassuring. "I understand...I won't die. Or get hurt. You don't have to worry about Judge Fear either...he and I have an agreement. He won't kill me, not unless I tell him I'm ready to die." He sighed a bit and pulled away, lifting Nym's chin up slightly so they were eye to eye. "I'll be careful...and I'll be more careful so you don't get pulled into this again. Okay?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Wanting to keep this place safe, by telling Fear where you lived? Nym still didn't really see the benefit to this, but he kept quiet as Kev spoke. Nym didn't understand that Kev had people here who hurt him and he wished for some kind of revenge, but even if he did... wasn't revenge bad? There were a lot of things Nym figured was bad that Kev was probably going to be doing. It wasn't so much as killing people that bothered him, ironically, it was just worry about something happening to Kev. There was too much in his mind that was humming around, so many 'what ifs'. It made his stomach churn and feel exhausted.

But he felt an embrace from Kev, and the churning slowed and his thoughts started to fall down in his head one by one. Nym looked up as his chin was lifted and Kev spoke, saying he'll be careful. As much as Nym wanted to believe that, he couldn't. But this was all he had right now, and he'd accept it until things got worse. So Nym nodded, "okay," and let out a small sigh. "As long as you know what you're doing, I won't worry." No, he'd still worry. Looking over for a moment, Nym remembered how tired he was due to being woken up. "After something to drink, I... think I'll try sleeping again... but uhm, I'll go upstairs..." The only room he could recall being up there was Kev's room and a feminine room, but he'd probably sleep at Kev's feet.

Being on the couch near a window didn't make him feel safe right now.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:19 am

Nym wrote:"Okay, as long as you know what you're doing, I won't worry."

Kev let out a relieved sigh of his own and gave the digimon an uplifting look. "Thank you, Nym." He gradually relaxed as the tension seemed to lessen. Tonight had...not exactly been planned, but he was pretty content to ride it out until he realized that Nym had witnessed it. Things were not as bad as he had initially thought though! Nym seemed alright, though Kev had some worry himself. Judge Fear had...a very large interest in Nym, for whatever reason. Though, he wasn't exactly one to talk, considering his own er...affiliation with the Judge. And the important part of all of this was that it had not ended as badly as it could have. Though for a moment there it might have.

"I'll probably sleep too, its been a long day...and I definitely think that's a good idea. In fact, maybe you should sleep upstairs with me for a few nights...just in case." For the next few days, perhaps even weeks, Kev decided that it'd be a good idea to stick around the cottage with Nym after work. Not just for the Judges either; Daemeon had died, but for how long? Was he gone, or would he stick around and try to enact some revenge? His body tensed for a moment at the idea, if Daemeon even dared he would make that man's explode again-!

A sudden whistle from behind startled the alien, letting out an 'eep' and wrapping both arms around Nym tightly, pinning him to his lanky chest. His large eyes darted around the kitchen and easily found the culprit, releasing the digimon sheepishly. "Sorry, sorry. Sounds like the water's ready, though!" He stood and turned the burner off, checking on the pot of milk that had started to boil, turning that burner off as well. Grabbing a tea cup and a mug, he prepared the drinks. A tea bag, hot chocolate mix, and a little bit of ice to cool his own drink down, Kev set both cups on the table, giving each a final stir before tossing the spoons into the sink. "Do you want a little bit of ice for your drink too?" It already hurt enough to burn one's skin on a hot drink, he could only imagine burning such a delicate gaping hole as the mouth...

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:49 am

-!
    Suddenly smooshed into Kev's bosom at the sound of the whistle, Nym mumbled something inaudible, but looked a little confused. Perhaps Kev was far jumpier than he realized... it was a very odd and strange night, after all. Considering how Kev acted around the Judges and now... would he ever be in 'peace'? A frown came over Nym before Kev let go of him to get his drink ready. The thought of someone holding something over his step-father and friend's head, it made Nym irritated. But there was nothing he could do. Not now, at least. Not for some time, most likely.

"I... suppose," he responded in regards to some ice for his drink. He didn't really want to burn his tongue, so it would be nice... and with each sip he took of the drink, he felt his stomach hardening inside. Maybe it was nerves, anxiety, waiting for something to happen, but whatever it was, Nym just tried to ignore it the best he could. As long as Kev was here and safe now, he should be happy.

With that in mind, Nym finished his drink swiftly, hoping the comforting heat and chocolate taste of the drink would calm his nerves and allow his mind to rest. "Thank you for the hot chocolate. I'll go to bed now, it's very late. I'd hate to over-sleep," the Digimon said as he rose from his seat and went over to Kev, staring sternly at him. He said nothing for a few moments, making it seem rather awkward, but he then abruptly gave the alien a hug. A tight hug. It might've hurt Kev a little, that noodle!

But he released him after the strong hug and gave a small smile, "good night, Kev. See you in the morning." Nym then began his trek up the stairs and into the spare room, where it smelled strangely unfamiliar to him. He wasn't sure if he really wanted to sleep in there and mess it up, but it would just be for one night... besides, it felt more comforting than sleeping on a couch. Nym just hoped that he'd be able to sleep easily.

((Last post for me in this thread.))
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:19 pm

At Nym's hesitant agreement, Kev nodded and grabbed a bit of ice from the freezer, putting it in his mug to help cool it down while still letting it be warm. He brought the cup over and sat at the table beside Nym, drinking his own drink in his odd way. There was a silence, though it wasn't entirely awkward or unwelcome. At least, for Kev it wasn't. In fact, it helped him relax. Though maybe that was the jasmine tea. Fingertips placed lightly in the cup, Kev soon closed his eyes and felt pretty calm. He only opened them again when Nym spoke up. "You're welcome, Nym. Sleep well, alright? I'll join you up there soon, I don't want to over-sleep either."

The stern stare did make Kev slightly nervous however, though his only reaction was blinking questioningly at the digimon. For a moment he wondered what the digimon was thinking. Was he upset with Kev for what had happened tonight? Worried? Annoyed? Though he stopped wondering when the digimon suddenly gave him a hug. "Gack!" Strong grip! He wrapped his arms around the digimon in return, though much more loosely. "You're getting pretty strong, huh?" He chuckled a bit and pulled away when the digimon released him, staring down at him for a moment. "Good night, Nym." Off the digimon went to bed and he let out a sigh of relief.

When he had first learned that Nym had seen him kill Daemeon, a lot of worries had pounded through his little skull. First and foremost were that Nym would either not understand why Kev had killed Daemeon and be upset with him, or might even refuse to stay here any longer. Worst of all in his worries though, was the thought that Nym might think he'd do the same to him. Would stare at his father with worry and fear of his own skull exploding from the inside out. That he would think his father was...a monster. Which would be slightly ironic considering Zurg's past and Aya's species, but still something that had worried him. Nym had most definitely been upset, though it seemed he was upset more for Kev than at him. Though he was also likely upset with Kev too...

The alien stood up from the table and deposited his now empty cup into the sink. He filled both mug and cup with water before checking the oven to make sure that, yep, he'd turned the burners off. Soon enough, Kev walked up the stairs as well. For all of the worries he'd initially had, it seemed they were nothing to be scared about. Nym seemed to still love and trust his father, and still wanted to stick around. To his son at least, he wasn't some sort of monster. At the top of the stairs, Kev peeked into what was once Leslie's room, unable to help but stare for a moment at Nym's body laying in her bed. He was welcome to stay there, it was probably even the best place for him to sleep. Perhaps he should have even made that his room when he'd first moved in rather than let him sleep on the couch, though the image still drew a pause and a wince from the lean alien.

It had been ten months since someone, anyone, had slept in that room...he pushed both the thought and himself away, walking into his room and flopping into his bed. That was the past, and this was the present. He grabbed his foil sleeping cap and slipped it on, nuzzling into his pillow as he began to nod off. It was frightfully late, so it didn't take long for the alien to fall asleep, breathing slowly. The next few days, perhaps even weeks were going to be very...interesting, after what had been done tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:04 am