Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Great Bay Beach Day

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:32 pm

“Hmph, for once - I suppose,” Ciela agreed. There were no such thing as being too prepared, but this WAS Leaf and the Spirit of Power had his moments of being too caught up in the moment without thinking ahead. Exactly why Tatl calls him a dingbat - and Ciela wholeheartedly approve of Leaf’s alternate nickname.

Leaf’s excitement did dampen down a little to hear the suggestion that they would take a break after collecting the wood. He understood and realised they cannot light a fire immediately, but to hearing being said by Impa of all people really did put the nail in the coffin for the tiny speck of hope he had unwittingly been carrying. The fairy shrugged after a moment of thought, and deposited a new piece of driftwood he had fetched back. It might be later than he hoped for but with Impa’s help they could get giant pieces of wood and the fire would be glorious. GLORIOUS!

“I’m on it!” cheered Leaf as he whizzed off in the direction the Sheikah was suggesting. To his wing-raising surprise, Tatl followed after him.

“Huh but...” Feeling like his glorious fire dreams were being dashed, he reflexively went into the defensive. “It’s so out of the way here anyway, even if they did find it, many - if any at all - would bother to make a trip here.” Then he thought about it some more. “Can I have lots of small fires instead then? Ooooo, I could build a sign! Mash up some… stuff to make ink or paint and make a ‘Private Beach’ sign! Or I can see if I can mimic a wood burning tool from pyrography!” See, plenty of things to keep him busy and are still related to fire.

While Tatl followed Leaf, Ciela followed Impa, not very sure what for since she could hardly lift any big pieces of wood by herself nor help their guardian carry any. Perhaps the fairy could help pick up any smaller bits amongst the big ones. It soon became evident why the Spirit of Courage was motioned to join Impa though. Ciela released a sigh, glancing across the water to the kids and the single blue fairy there. There was nothing quite like flying in the open air to lift fairy’s mood and stress right off their wings. “Yes. I know sometimes she would choose to stay behind at the inn. This time she was determined to join us, which was a relief. She could do with a bit of relaxing, just like the rest of us.”

The pale yellow fairy regarded the large piece of driftwood they had approached. “Should I hammer it down into smaller pieces either here or back at our spot?” Ciela looked at Impa then down at her driftwood before chuckling. “Though knowing you, Impa, you could probably tear them into smaller bits with your bare hands without my help.”

Back out amongst the waves, Neri looked down towards the water at Sheik’s words. “Yes, it certainly seems calm and cool.”

Thus far, she had been bobbing above the crest of each wave and had yet to touch the water properly, but that didn’t mean she can’t tell that it was perfect water to enjoy a day of swimming in. Neri watched as Sheik cupped her hands around her glow and wings. She was comforted by the gentle action and set to return the affection by some nuzzling of her own, but it turned out it was not a simple hug Sheik had in mind. The fairy gave a startled yelp as she was suddenly drawn close to the prin--ce, and plunged into the water alongside him.

The rush of water pulled her wings upwards, and above water, the piglet’s ring jostled until Neri lost her hold of the string attached to Link’s swim-ring. Otherwise, though, she had stayed within Sheik’s hold and the fairy gasped when she realised how perfectly cool the water around them was compared to the air above the sea.

“What? Huh?” she squeaked, her voice sounding a tiny bit distorted in the water. Then she had a Sheik forehead pressed against her glow and not for the first time, the connection between herself and Sheik calmed her almost immediately.

She pressed her glow back and return the nuzzles. “If you say so,” she said. There was no need to even ask how her friend had guessed her worries. It would take somebody of Armos density to not be able to pick up that she was prone to overthinking on just about everything. “I’m sorry I always worry too much. I am getting a bit better at it though. I’m glad I came too. It looks like it would be a great day out already.”

And as just dying to prove her worries right, Link, who had first blinked at his rabbit swim-ring buddy then started shuffling around his ring to peek at the two underwater, was suddenly struck by the random curious thought of sticking his face underwater to see if he could blow bubbles from his pig snout. Barely had four bubbles been blown had his delicate weight distribution in his now tilted ring been disrupted by a new wave. With a surprised noise, he toppled out of his ring and into the water.

Two disoriented seconds later, the piglet surfaced, paddling happily and snorted ‘he was okay’ to his nametwin.

Neri sighed. “Just… make sure the Links don’t get washed out to sea.”
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Impa nodded her thanks to Leaf as he happily flew up the coastline to retrieve more driftwood, soon continuing down the shore herself with Ciela in tow. At catching the sigh from the Spirit of Courage, the Sheikah simply smiled softly to her, noting, "Sometimes she does, and sometimes that's not a bad thing… however, today as well as other times, I'm glad that she came with us. It will certainly do her a world of good." For a few of those past outings, the Spirit of Wisdom needed more convincing from any of them, but admittedly, Impa was rather glad that Neri had insisted on joining them entirely on her own this time. Had she not, she knew that each of them would have likely had a say in attempting to convince her otherwise, but it was especially encouraging to see Neri taking charge.

As far as relaxing itself went, the Sheikah could not agree more. The past week and a half had been a veritable whirlwind, but whilst the four Hyruleans and fairies had done their best to take it easy around the curses, there was nothing quite like a good day at the beach to get out and enjoy themselves further.

Looking to the piece of driftwood in front of them, Impa pondered over Ciela's offer before laughing softly at her musing. "Ha-ha, probably… but I'd rather cut it down to size once it's back with the others. It's larger right now, but it should still be easy to carry as a single piece." At that, the Sheikah bent over before deftly hoisting up the chunk of driftwood, resting it across her left shoulder as she stood back up and steadied it. With a nod to the Spirit of Courage, she added, "Shall we?"

This piece of driftwood was a little smaller that the other one she had picked up, but she still felt it would make a fine base for an eventual fire. Only a couple of slices should do the trick once they got to that point, and when the time came, she was certainly prepared for it. As she walked back to their spot, Impa glanced to the surf again just in time to see Sheik playfully pull Neri underwater. The Spirit of Wisdom had already started relaxing on her own, and hopefully, that bit of submersion would only add to that.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:54 pm

Sheik smiled as Neri moved to nuzzle him back, before meeting her with another quick nuzzle as he stated, "I do say so. If we weren't fine, there's no way we'd all be out at the beach today." And really, that was true. Whilst the beach was the perfect place to come for a short holiday, it still took at least a little energy to get up and out of the inn. If they weren't feeling all right, the disguised prince had a very strong feeling that any of them would have just rested at home. They had all been eager to get out and enjoy this summer day though, and he hoped that that would further convince the Spirit of Wisdom that yes, they all really were just fine.

At Neri's apology, Sheik's smile softened a little, just before he nodded to her. She did tend to worry quite a bit, but slowly but surely, she was getting better about it. Whether it was from any help of theirs, her own growing, or some combination of the two, the disguised prince was just glad that she was. It suited her to be quick to be concerned, and whilst they all appreciated that care and knew very well that it was a part of who she was, at the very least, she was able to keep her overthinking from spiraling out of control. It took some effort at times, but that was just part of why they were all set to help her out wherever they could.

"It's definitely going to be a great day… after all, it already is. We're all here together, and it's only going to get more fun as the day goes on." That much Sheik was certain of. He did soon blink though as he heard a slightly louder splash up above, just before he glanced up to see that Link had fallen out of his swim ring. He seemed to be perfectly okay though, the same as the younger Link was, and was very likely just still getting even more used to the ocean in this form.

Laughing softly at Neri's sigh, Sheik noted, "I promise that they won't, the same as we've all looked out for each other on every previous beach outing." At that, as though to stop her from worrying before she could get any further with it, he leant forward and gently kissed the edge of Neri's glow. A moment later, he grinned broadly before adding, "There's no chance of that."

With a playful glint in his eye, Sheik carefully placed Neri by the collar of his Zora tunic vest before he steadied his footing on the seabed. With a sudden push forward, he broke through the surface, catching the older Link in his hands and holding him up as he glanced up to him with a laugh. "Would you like for me to help you with a cannonball, Link?" The older boy certainly had plenty of experience with such given his time with the pirates, and this was hopefully a better option than being launched in a barrel.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Tatl knew very well that this beach was isolated enough to eliminate the chance of people finding it, but making a presence unnecessarily obvious with a fire that was too big was still a risk that she'd rather not take. There were always new beaches to find in this world, but dammit, this was theirs! It was the overall best spot, and right now, she couldn't believe how defensive the Spirit of Power was getting. As a sensible counter suddenly devolved into nonsensical rambling, the Terminian fairy could only take so much more before she turned just as red as Leaf and summarily met him with a moderate bop.

"You dingbat!" Tatl exclaimed as she faded back to her true color. "Slow down for a second and think ahead! I didn't say you couldn't make a fire, just not to make it too big! And no, you can't have lots of small fires! That makes even less sense than a single, larger one! A fire that's too grand or lots of little fires will use up the wood too quickly. Also, one that's too big will be too warm for us, and the little ones won't be effective." Pausing to take a deep breath from her attempt to rein Leaf back in, Tatl sighed a bit before adding, "Listen… I know you like fire, but I know you know how to be smart about it. Just a normal bonfire will suffice. As for a sign… a sign won't be that helpful out here, but if you've REALLY got to burn of some energy, you can try your wing at some artistic pyrography to surprise the others." Hopefully… hopefully that bit there would help snap some sense into Leaf without her sounding too harsh. Tatl had admittedly gotten annoyed more quickly than she herself had anticipated, but it was tough not to when the red fairy was rambling without even thinking about what he was saying.

Meanwhile, no sooner had Link noted that it felt like he and his nametwin had even more ocean to enjoy given their smaller forms, it seemed that his friend was set to investigate it more himself. Between trying to get a look at Sheik and Neri as well as blow some bubbles, the older boy soon fell out of his swim ring. "Ah!" Link perked up on the edge of his floatation device, but just as he expected, the piglet quickly resurfaced, just before swimming along relaxedly and noting that he was in fact okay. Link simply chuckled a bit before nodding, stating, "I'm glad. At least swimming isn't too different for us." There was still some adapting to do of course, but the principles were mostly the same.

From where Sheik had disappeared underwater with Neri, a few moments later, he suddenly splashed up from the waves, but he had not just reappeared by them. He had wound up catching Link in his hands and holding him up a little! Link himself couldn't help but laugh at this sight, and as soon as he heard the disguised prince's suggestion, he exclaimed, "Go for it, Link! You should be able to get a great splash this way!" Now this was certainly a creative way to utilize their cursed forms!
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:04 pm

He had seen Tatl turn as red as himself before. Usually, it did not bode well and that something had happened which really ticked the fairy off. Leaf had also learnt that when she did change to that colour in his presence, it was incredibly likely that he had done something stupid. So as she turned in a very hot shade of red, the Spirit of Power instinctively withdrew away from her in the air.

“Hey, I’m not a...” Leaf wanted to counter, but Tatl kept talking and he shrank further back, grateful that unlike the other pale yellow fairy in the vicinity, that Tatl was unarmed. But lots of small fires equals more fires which in turn equals more awesomeness, but he was a self-admitted fire-fanatic, so that chain of logic could probably only be understood by himself. When Tatl paused to take a breath, Leaf took the chance to regain the air space he lost from shrinking away, fluffed his wings up and tried to appear undaunted by the telling off he just received. “Well, how big is to big for you then? It’s not like I was going to build something gigantic like the size of a Stalfos. I was thinking more along the lines of a ChuChu-sized fire which I could keep feeding wood to throughout the day to keep it going.”

The idea of some fire art did pique his interest though and the Spirit of Power wondered if he was really capable of something like pyrography in the first place. It would be cheating to call a couple of scorch marks art.

At another side of the beach, Ciela looked over at the sound of Tatl’s raised voice then rolled her glow. What did the red fairy do this time? Ciela was sure that whatever it was, he deserved it. Tatl may be snappish but she wasn’t one to shout for no reason. Leaf was a big boy now. He’ll have to take care of himself today. No boss bear to hide behind this time because Ciela was with the untransformed boss bear right now.

She turned back to Impa now and accompanied her as they made their way back to their spot on the sands, picking up one or two smaller pieces of wood herself along the way. “So… not that I’m asking you too since the idea of splinters isn’t a good thing to have on a nice day out like this, but CAN you break it up with your bare hands? Either by snapping them or by chopping through them with your palm.”

After a moment of thought, the Spirit of Courage added, “Punching and kicking doesn’t count.” Because she had seen the Sheikah do those and they were IMPActful to say the least.

Underwater, Neri sighed. Zelda’s words had calmed her down another notch  She gave a soft pulse of blue light at the kiss that followed, then giggled as she was set on Sheik’s shoulder. Her wings flattened down against the boy’s blue tunic as she felt the rush of water when Sheik shot upwards.

Link nodded his snout in the water in answer to his nametwin’s remarks about swimming not being too different. There were certain swimming techniques he can’t do quite as well as a pig - backwards stroke was out of the question - however, the four of them were all well versed in different swimming techniques so changing to one that does suit their new form was not a problem.

The pig cried out in surprise as he felt something catch hold of his underside, then whoosh! He was up, dripping water onto his friend below. This was new! No wait, it wasn’t. They had sat on each other’s shoulders before in their past trips so the view, and height, wasn’t that new. In fact, they had been daring enough to try and get a third and fourth person on top more than once. Seeing the expanse of water whilst being this size though, THAT was new.

The word ‘cannonball’ had the transformed piglet perk up his ears. He looked down and winked at his friends before he prepped for flight by curling up in Sheik’s hands.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:09 pm

Impa heard Tatl's sharp exchange with Leaf, but whilst she did not shift her focus from where she and Ciela were gathering driftwood. Hopefully the brief flare of the Terminian fairy's temper would help the Spirit of Power settle down… after all, she did have his best interest in mind, and they had an entire day to enjoy the beach.

As they continued their short trip back to their claimed spot, Impa glanced to Ciela with a hint of amusement in her eyes at her curious question. The Sheikah had always been rather confident in her strength, but it never ceased to make her feel special with the way her charges and the fairies admired it. The possibility of breaking this piece of large driftwood apart with her bare hands was an interesting one, and as she mulled over just how to answer her, the Spirit of Courage voiced an addendum. That earned a chuckle from Impa as she dropped the piece of driftwood next to her previous one.

"This piece?" mused Impa, glancing to her newest find from where it had landed in the sand. "I do believe I could. It's thinner than the last one, so a well-placed chop might do just the trick." As far as snapping it was concerned, the piece was too big and thus unwieldy to attempt that without using additional means of support, but the Sheikah was certainly set to demonstrate such a technique on a smaller piece later.

Looking over the pieces that they had gathered, it seemed that they would not have to break too many of them up, as only the larger ones might need that for a proper fire later in the day. Smirking ever so slightly, she turned to Ciela, noting, "Perhaps I could do just that before Leaf starts the fire… bear or otherwise."
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Sheik couldn't help but laugh a little more at catching Link's surprised squeal from where he'd caught him, but he seemed to relax soon enough as he realize just what had happened. Despite the different angle that he was being held at, this was really not too different from any of the times that they had sat atop each others' shoulders before… the main difference was that he was being actively held instead of sitting.

At both Link's perking up as well as the younger Link's excited encouragement at the mention of a cannonball, Sheik simply grinned to both of his friends. Sharing a nod with the Hero of Time, he soon glanced upward just in time to catch the wink from the Hero of Winds. Lowering the piglet slightly and turning him around so that they were facing each other, the disguised prince noted, "All right then. Get ready!"

Bending his knees so that he could get an even better position in the water, Sheik kept a solid grip on Link and steadied himself for a safe toss. He tensed the muscles in his arms slightly, and a moment later, quickly flung both of them skyward, releasing the piglet once he'd cleared his head. The throw was not nearly as high as whenever any of them toss a ball, bomb, or the like, but it was still a respectable one, and hopefully it would result in a fun trip in the air and splashdown for Link.

Sheik was set to make sure that he was safe regardless as to how his downward trip might end, but right now, above all, he was just glad to be having fun in the ocean with his friends. Transformed or not, this was already turning out to be an amazing day at the beach.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:11 pm

Tatl was glad that Leaf didn't attempt to deny his being a dingbat, instead actually pausing himself and listening to her for once. She knew that he was a self-proclaimed fire fanatic, but even with that attachment he had in part out of his own powers, he needed to learn how to rein himself in and not get carried away. When the Terminian fairy paused, she could tell that the Spirit of Power was trying his utmost to put up as brave a face as he could regardless of the deserved reasoning he'd just received, but even with that effort, she could still tell that her words had had a proper impact on him. His own response seemed to prove just that, and she chimed in response to the idea of a single fire.

"ChuChu-sized is perfect. I just wanted to make sure that you didn't get too carried away with it," stated Tatl, bobbing her glow a bit. "It's a good size for everyone, and a good size to keep feeding it without exhausting our driftwood supply. … And see? When you stop and think you can get even better ideas to things to their best, instead of trying to do too much at once."

Back out in the ocean, Link was glad that his older nametwin's surprise had not thrown him off too much, and as soon as he'd caught just what Sheik's idea was, he appeared to be more than set for it. He himself grinned as the disguised prince lowered the piglet, and as they got set for the upcoming cannonball, he himself began to imagine what it might be like to take advantage of his own smaller frame with regards to airborne splashes. "Make it the best cannonball yet, Link!" Given his rounder frame, he might be able to do just that!

Link watched intently as Sheik got set and tossed Link up into the air, laughing as the Hero of Winds hit the peak of the throw. Farore did that look fun… and with the impending splash, he had a feeling that their collective enjoyment was only going to grow.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:02 am

Link soared up through the air with his eyes squinted; he was determined to see his flight time through to the very end. The boy-turned-piglet had kept his ears flat against his head, but even with them in that position, he still felt the tips flap under the force of the air whooshing by. At the peak of his ascent, he untucked his head and peered down, niggled by an ounce of last minute uncertainty. He had dropped and survived much taller heights than this, but he was never a pig when doing it. Whilst a Hylian body can survive the fall and impact into the water perfectly fine, what about a pig’s body?

As he plummet down, Link desperately weighed the pros and cons of differently water entry poses. Should he cannonball or should he stretched out and enter front hooves first like a professional dive? In fact, would he even enter hooves first if he stretched out? The distance between his outstretched hooves and face was incredibly short, so surely entering hooves first is practically the same as entering face-first!

Amidst all this internal panicking, a reassuring thought shone through right at the very end of his fall. Considering how the piglets at Windfall Island were perfectly fine being thrown or chase off the cliff, then he would be fine too. Unless he was a different sort of pig but how different could pigs be? Link curled up back into a ball in the nick of time. There was a good sized splash and the rush of the water as he plunged deep into its depth.

The piglet opened his eyes, uncurled and waved his limbs first to check they were actually fine. Relieved that he was intact, Link started swimming upwards through the foam and bubbles of his splash. He emerged with a wet snufflling noise.

“Link, are you okay?” Neri called as she slowly made her way over, dragging the Hero of Winds’ inflatable ring with her by the string. The piglet nodded and waved his hooves around excitedly to express how awesome his aerial trip was.

By the beach, Leaf gave a low whistle at the sight of Link soaring up into the air, and a cheer at the resulting splash. Then he turned back to the fairy he was with. “Pfft,” he scoffed. “I stop and think aaaaaall the time…. well maybe less than all the time, but I’m working on it. ChuChu size it will be!”

The Spirit of Power started heading back to their spot on the beach, content that he had even Tatl’s permission to burn stuff. He wondered if he should risk his wings and build a fire a tiny bit larger than intended. In his defense, ChuChus do come in different sizes depending on the world or time period you’re in. He was all the more tempted as well when he caught sight of the large piece of driftwood Impa brought back. It was Leaf's all not to set his red glow abuzz with excitement. “Do what? Do what? What did I miss? What is Impa going to do?”

“Break the wood with her bare hands,” answered Ciela then she lifted her left wing and turned to Impa in amusement as she realised the pun she made.

“Seriously?!” Leaf gasped. He too turned to their Sheikah guardian, with his glow pulsing brighter and larger with expectations. “Wait, bare hands as in ‘nothing in her hands’ or bear hands as in ‘grr’?”

“Does it honestly mattered which? You’re going to go crazy over it how grr-eat it would be anyway.”
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 am

From her own position on the beach, Impa caught the fun that her three charges were having out in the surf. It was not unusual at all for Sheik, Link, or Link to help each other become airborne around their playing in the waves, and it appeared that they had once again found a way to utilize their cursed forms in a positive way. Their outward appearances might have changed, but Eyes of Truth or not, she could still see the three youths as themselves out there… and as they had all confirmed early on, deep down, nothing truly changed for them. They would all hopefully be free of these curses before too long, but until then, it was reassuring to see even more of just how they were able to carry on as normal as possible.

Impa nodded to Leaf and Tatl as they returned to their spot on the beach, and she was soon unable to suppress a soft smile at the Spirit of Power's sudden enthusiasm. At Ciela's answer and unintentional pun, the Sheikah met the Spirit of Courage with a hint of amusement before noting, "Potentially." At Leaf's next exclamation and Ciela's subsequent response, Impa simply chuckled a little before adding, "She means with nothing in my hands, Leaf… especially since whenever I change, they are technically paws instead. In any event, once we're more set to start the fire, I can help move the driftwood into place and break it up as needed."

Glancing back out to the surf, Impa smiled a little more before turning to the fairies. Gesturing towards her charges, she added, "Since we have enough driftwood gathered, I think I'm going to go ahead and  enjoy the water. You're all more than welcome to follow me."
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:17 am

Sheik watched Link carefully as his friend soared in a tall parabola through the air, soon grinning and blocking part of the splash as the piglet landed back in the water. With a quick look exchanged with the younger Link, the disguised prince met the older boy's glance before watching as Neri fluttered closer to him. Sure enough, the Hero of Winds was just fine, and was soon moving about enthusiastically to show them just how much he had enjoyed his short flight and splashdown.

"Ha-ha, I'm glad you enjoyed that, Link!" Sheik laughed as he moved a little closer to his friend. "It looked really fun!" It made perfect sense that Link was so much lighter in his piglet form, but even though he'd already picked up both Link and Link numerous times in their cursed forms, it was still a little surreal that they could be held so easily when transformed. At least they had already discovered yet another fun way to use their cursed forms to their advantage, and he had a strong feeling that this was only going to come in handy even more throughout the day.

"I have to say, I can see why you had fun carrying and tossing pigs back in the Great Sea," noted Sheik as he carefully placed his hands on Link's sides, helping to keep his friend's position steady as he floated in the water. He hoped that the older boy didn't mind his note about those actual pigs, and even as they both thought back to them, another thought struck him. "Even though they could each swim, I think you're probably much better at it than any of them!"

Sheik had never seen a pig swim until Link had decided to practice the skill in his cursed state, but gauging from what he had seen, his friend's swimming skill as a Hylian, and what he had heard of the pigs of Windall and Outset Islands, he was fairly confident that the Hero of Winds was in a league all of his own for porcine aquatics.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:34 am

Whilst Leaf cheered at Link's taking full advantage of his smaller form out in the water, Tatl simply watched the display of the three kids having fun. Most of her focus remained on the Spirit of Power though, so as soon as he turned back to her, she was set to keep her own position steady at his attempted scoffing. With a skeptical wing raised as he attempted to claim that he stopped to think all the time, she soon smirked as he was quick to correct his statement. He wasn't quite to the level he could be yet, but at least he was able to admit that he did not in fact stop to think most of the time, and that he was working on it. That much she could see, because even if he was taking tiny steps, they were still steps forward.

"Good," noted Tatl, chiming as Leaf confirmed that he would stick to making the fires an appropriate size. As the two began to return to the camp on the beach, a thought struck the Terminian fairy, and as though to make sure that the Spirit of Power did not think of any of the monsters from her homeworld, she added, "Oh, and make sure they're the normal-sized ChuChus from your time."

At Ciela's response to Leaf's trio of questions, Tatl chimed a bit in curiosity, before rolling her glow at Leaf's request for clarification. His excitement was understandable given his admiration for the one that had an affinity for the force of power, but this was yet another moment where he could have thought a little more. At least he did stop himself, even if he had to go back a bit to apply his thinking. "She has a point, Leaf." Tatl greatly appreciated Impa's own response to that, before she bobbed up and down as the Sheikah stated that she was set to go swimming. "That sounds good. It looks like the three of them have already got the surf set for more fun."

Back out in said surf, Link braced himself for his nametwin's impact in the water. After an impressive flight up, he came splashing down with a perfect cannonball, resulting in the Hero of Time laughing happily. Once his friend surfaced, he exclaimed, "That was fantastic! I wish you could have seen your splash!"

With a quick glance to Sheik as Neri confirmed that Link was in fact okay, Link chuckled a little more before adding, "It did look fun!" The excited waving and motions from the older boy confirmed even more of just how enjoyable the trip into the air and then splash into the water had been, and even as he himself wondered about trying that out for himself, he was just glad that they had already found another new way to enjoy their time out in the sea.

As Sheik moved closer to the older Link and placed his hands on his sides, Link let go of his own swim ring for the time being. Smiling as the disguised prince thought of another aspect of Link's piglet form, Link soon kicked forward before carefully climbing up onto Sheik's shoulder, leaving his front paws hanging over the front edge of it as he rested his torso atop it. Exchanging a look, laugh, and nod with Sheik to make sure this was okay, Link then turned to Link, noting, "We might be in different forms, but I think we've found even more new ways to enjoy the beach than we'd already thought up before."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Leaf did a guilty flinch as Tatl pointed out to make sure the fire was to remain a specific ChuChu size. Gah! Foiled! How did she know?!

“Of course,” he said as innocently as possible. “What other ChuChu size is there? I’m more familiar with the ones from my world so naturally, that would be what I’ll make the fire to be the size of right? Hehe...”

It was okay. He might be missing a giant fire of glorious BUUUUUURNING-ness, but he had since learnt and gained the chance of seeing Impa break stuff with her bare hands or paws (he was fine with either), which, Leaf concluded, was just as epic as a giant fire. It wouldn’t last quite as long as a fire would but it’ll last forever in this over-energetic fairy’s memories. Had Ciela know what was coursing through Leaf’s mind, she would undoubtedly groan. Even right now, she rolled her glow at his enthusiasm then turned her attention back to Impa as she suggested they join the kids in the water.

Ciela looked at the pile of wood gathered, then out at the sea. She watched as both the pink rabbit and Sheik moved towards the piglet and they started talking. “Hmm, well, we can’t let them have all the fun.”

Leaf glanced at the firewood they gathered, to the water, to the wood, then to Impa. His glow brightened and puffed once before shrinking back to his normal size. “Race you all to the water!” the Spirit of Power yelled from the top of his lungs. “NO VANISHING!”

And he was off, bolting to the water like a red arrow.

At sea, Neri moved aside so that the waves would not push the ring she was holding into Sheik as he approached. The fairy moved on to sit on the younger Link’s ring so that it wouldn’t float further than arm’s reach from them.

The transformed innkeeper waved his hooves even more excitedly as his friends came near. It was awesome indeed and he was already looking forward to doing it again. The piglet watched and stayed still as Sheik placed his hands around him to hold him steady on the waves. He nodded his thanks and then snickered at Sheik’s remark about understanding why he carried piglets and tossed them around so much on Windfall. Those piglets were resilient creatures, he could fully appreciate that now.

Link stared up at the transformed boy...er… boys since his nametwin was now on Sheik’s shoulder. They knew today would be fun, and was prepared to discover new ways to enjoy the beach in their cursed forms. What haven’t crossed the Hero of Winds’ mind though was what Sheik mentioned it about him being a better swimmer than the other piglets. He pictured the piglets swimming at Outset and at Windfall, then he lifted his front hooves out of the water and examined their lengths. Whilst the piglets in the Great Sea liked water enough, their sentiments were nothing compared to Link’s love for water and being in it, so he had a LOT more swimming experience than them discounting the fact that they swam more as a pig. Even with limbs that were of a different length to what he was used to swimming with, he should be much more adept at swimming than a standard piglet.

He gave a grunt, excitement renewed as he peered around Sheik to see those still on shore. The transformed boy pointed a hoof in that direction, gave his friends a determined gaze, then wriggled out of Sheik’s hands. The piglet started the self appointed challenge of swimming his way all the way back to shore unaided by his swim ring.

Neri looked at Sheik, made a worried whimper, pushed the other Link’s ring towards the prince and followed after the Hero of Winds, trailing the piglet’s swim ring behind her.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:25 am

Impa met Ciela's glance before smiling broadly at the fairy's words. "Indeed we can't." Today was meant for each of them after all, and whilst it had already got off to a perfect start, the Sheikah was positive that it was only going to get better from here on out. They had the beach, they had the sun, and they had each other.

Before Impa could turn to head towards the surf, she raised her eyebrows at catching Leaf's gaze. A flash of his glow and excited pair of exclamations later, and he was darting towards the water with the full intention to race all the way there. The Sheikah chuckled a little at this before shaking her head and getting an idea of her own. With a smirk gracing her features, she quickly readied her stance and stated, "No vanishing it is then."

At that, Impa began to sprint forward, and as soon as she'd hit a flatter part of the sand, she bent her knees low and leapt high up into the air, soon turning around in a single flip before she landed in a crouch just at the shoreline. A small wave washed over her feet as she rose back to her full height, simultaneously turning around to greet Leaf as he appeared just behind her position. Smiling softly to the Spirit of Power at their close finish, Impa noted, "No vanishing. Thank you for the race, Leaf." Hopefully, the red fairy would not mind the maneuver she had pulled to compete in this particular event, especially since he himself was already airborne.

Whilst Impa was standing in the surf just up to her ankles now, it was not enough water in the right area to activate her own change yet. She was prepared for it when it happened, but it seemed that she was going to get just a bit more time in her true form first. Turning back around just in time to see Link swimming up to shore, the Sheikah grinned a little before leaning down to carefully pick up the transformed Hero of Winds, meeting his gaze with an amused one of her own as she stood back up.

"Hello there, Link," greeted Impa, nodding to him. "It looks like you're already rather adept at swimming in the ocean in this form… and that was a very nice cannonball you made."
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:27 am

Sheik returned Link's nod with one of his own before laughing a little himself. It seemed that the Hero of Winds was especially well-versed in the art of pig carrying on both sides now, and although the disguised prince had only really got to see him do such with Ganon, he'd heard plenty of tales of how he'd had to help catch and carry pigs.

A moment later Sheik blinked as he suddenly found a pair of laws on his left shoulder. Raising his eyebrows, he glanced to Link as the Hero of Time had managed to climb up onto his shoulder, just before laughing and nodding along with him. "I hope you're steady there, Link." Ever since the four of them had wound up being cursed, between their own discussions, encountering the curses firsthand, and simply knowing each other just that well, the Hyruleans had been able to best determine what all was okay for them to do if any of them happened to be transformed at a given moment. Being carried and resting atop any of them was in the clear for Link and Link, and Sheik was more than happy to help out either of his friends with that regard in any way he could. That stood whether they were in or out of the water, and of course whether he was a girl or boy.

Nodding in agreement with Link's assessment, Sheik noted, "You're right. And to think, this is just the start of the day!" All three of them seemed to have been hit with a newfound burst of excitement, and a moment later, the older Link was glancing around him to see Impa and the three remaining fairies set to approach the surf. The prince blinked and turned around, soon grinning at seeing the race that had just begun. "Ha-ha!" Quickly looking back to Link at catching his gaze and motion, Sheik let him go as soon as he started to move out of his hands, exclaiming, "Ah, all right!"

Sharing a laugh with the younger Link, the prince turned to watch the piglet swim off, just before glancing to Neri at her soft whine. Catching Link's swim ring from her with his right hand, his eyebrows furrowed slightly as the blue fairy began to follow worriedly after the older boy. Sheik did catch Impa's impressive landing around her race with Leaf, but as he smiled from that, he quickly looked back to Neri's retreating form, letting out a soft sigh. The waves were calm, Link could swim well even as a piglet, and he was flanked by all of his friends that could help him if he needed it… he was completely safe, and considering that, the prince wanted to take a chance to help settle the Spirit of Wisdom's mind even further.

With determination evident in his red eyes, Sheik reached forward with his left hand, stopping the other swim ring and subsequently Neri right in their tracks. Looking to the blue fairy and speaking with a gentle tone, he stated, "He's fine, Neri… see?"

At that, Sheik looked up just in time to see Impa pick Link up, causing him to smile even more broadly. Since their guardian looked like she was set to join them in the water, he had a strong feeling that they were about to have even more fun out here in the waves.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:50 am