Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Mission: 001 (Part2)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Sun May 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Time: Midnight
    Date: May 11

I will get this mission done even if it means me dying in the process. I have to finish the job. Many more thoughts along these buzzed around Xavier’s skull as he crouched in the corner of an abandoned building. There was a broken window above him that looked out over an abandoned loft. It was a dumping ground for trash and unwanted possessions. Most of the stuff had collected into piles of various sizes and shapes. Some had even formed into makeshift shelters for strays.. No one trimmed the grass and weeds run ramp it. It was a haven for stray animals. Xavier couldn’t bring himself to use hobos again. He knew Fear wouldn’t be merciful with them but at least they’ll be put out of their misery.

“Come on, Xavier. You can do this. You can take him out this time.” Xavier whispered this under his breath as he climbed out of the window. Once he was on the ground, the assassin ran close to the ground through the various piles of garbage. He made sure to rub some of it on him to mask his scent. Finding a small hole in one of the larger heaps, Xavier tucked himself inside it and waited for the Dark Judge. Let’s see how he can fight with one eye.

Last edited by Xavier Valiante on Wed May 14, 2014 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Mission: 001 (Part2)

Post by Fear on Mon May 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Round two, let's get ready to rumble.

If the assassin thought to lure out Judge Fear with the promise of whiskers and happy tails, Xavier was denser than a pound of tungsten. Why, oh why would the terrifying Dark Judge seek to rid the world of animals first? According to his knowledge and understanding of modern law, animals were incapable of several things: mens rea, actus reus, concurrence, and causation; all four were elements of a crime that needed to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. An animal may kill, yes. But it does not kill in order to commit crime; the concepts of crime and punishment, along with their systematic applications, have solely been established by creatures of higher thought.

Does a cat understand the principles of psychopathic behaviour? Or does a cat realize that the mouse it is about to eat has a family depending on it? No, because the cat is killing the mouse in order to survive; in order to fulfill the expectations and role of a predator within the animal kingdom. There is no crime being committed for animals do not have laws, nor do they comprehend the very fundamentals of either.

People have laws and people commit crime.

That, dear Xavier, is why they created the Judges. Having said this...

A familiar rattling of chains would no doubt reach the assassin's ears, followed by the sound of leathery flesh quietly striking upon hard concrete. It was indeed Xavier's target moving through this life-infested area and a tall, armoured figure silently parted beneath midnight's veil. In the hazy darkness glinted a metallic badge, where a single name was displayed proudly upon its owner's breast: FEAR. If Xavier thought to strike out against his mark and leave with a far better impression than the last, now was the time for action. There wasn't much room for opportunity as the Dark Judge was already leaving the hungry strays behind, sickly aura trailing after his wake...
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Wed May 14, 2014 12:08 am

It was now or never. I have to do better. Xavier crept out of his hiding spot and moved silently through the lot. Keeping close to his target, the assassin waited for the right time to strike. Unfortunately Fear didn’t enter the lot to strike ‘justice’ upon these ‘sinners.’ His research said that Fear killed both human and animal out here, as they were criminals. Xavier figured Fear would’ve taken great pleasure in taking them out. Oh well, he could always lure the Dark Judge inside…

Xavier took a hubcap off a trash pile and tossed it towards the leather being. He wasn’t trying to seriously harm Fear, just draw his attention. If serious harm was done, then it wouldn’t hurt. Not wasting a single moment, the biometal human vanished his spot and to one on the other side of the lot. He made sure to keep to the shadows and moved silently. Giving away his position would be a grim mistake and cost him his life. Come on, come on… Xavier waited with held breath as he watched the Judge. Hopefully the lawman would wonder what ‘dared to attack a man of the law.’ Of course the punishment would be death. If not, Xavier would have follow the Judge and wait for another opening. He was going to get this job done tonight.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed May 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Hiding under the trash and refuse of the more unscrupulous citizens, Xavier? How fitting for a mercenary of your qaulifictaions. Stray animals picked what they could out of the trash, and certainly caused a mess, but these were surely not the targets a dark judge of the law would be hunting for. Perhaps a youth on the path of psycopathy, but not the ghoul he was targeting. Perhaps the boy was already beginning to lose his edge?

After all, on cannot bake a cake without breaking a few eggs. And Xavier knew exactly what kind would draw this caped crusader of oblivion, he was only too scared of the bloodshed to carry it out. How pathetic.

An attempt to garner the ghoul's attention was literally tossed into the air, as the armor continued to act as the prince's eyes. The boy was hesitant, unsure. It was clear in his actions and methods. For all his claims to study this undead creature and strike him through and through... His hiding, his pathetic usage of a garbage can lid to gain the dark judge's attention, it all boiled down to the fact that this boy, in truth, knew nothing. Alas, if dear Xavier was left to his own devices regardless of what boons were so generously given, it was clear this battle would end as quickly as the last, with the boy slinking off into the shadows to cower.

A pattern that was soon going to change.

At once Xavier would feel his limbs being governed as though by the strings of an invisible puppeteer, his arms forcibly swatting away the garbage that covered him in an arcing spread. Stray beasts scattered with a cry into the night, their meager meal having now exploded in a surprising show of fury before their eyes. His legs were drawn into a squat, arms out in a balancing stance as he was soon forced into a swift leap into the open, now face to back with the very dark judge who had taken his eye prior.

Do not try and run boy, for your legs were cemented to the ground and this instance. You would face your fears firsthand, for who could truly kill that which does so with so little effort and such great cruelty...

Rr'ssnrr taa Knghs'kgrr

Xavier has been exposed! The armor prevents him from running from the fight.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu May 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Judge Fear was a busy man and he was a man with purpose; striking down malnourished animals when those of lower order were incapable of crime was a gross neglect of his profession. After all, even Judge Death had once stated that animals were incapable of committing sin - they acted on instinct, not choice. Whereas people, however, always had the freedom to choose - they simply chose poorly. And as for the garbage lid whirling his way...

WHAP!

Far more agile than he seemed, the Dark Judge pivoted upon his thick heels and swiftly caught the projectile midair barehanded. If you think to get the drop on a formidable psychic, think again. "Xavier," an icy hiss echoed throughout the area. "Xavier, I know that isss you. It ssseemsss you have learned nothing sssince our previousss altercation." The boy thought to hide his scent with garbage? Laughable, for the ghoul was incapable of smell. And even if he could, all Judge Fear would notice was his own rotten nose. He casually discarded the metal lid and thought no more of it, letting the disc noisily clatter off to the side. "I can detect the wretchednesssss of life emanating from your sssinful perssson... Ssstep out from the dark and face me with courage, boy. The ssshadowsss will not aid you when I am their massster." Indeed, Xavier's body was radiant with vitality - grotesque and unlawful vitality. It mattered not what the visual conditions were, be it the brightest of days or the darkest of nights, Judge Fear would see his would-be assassin all the same. Ah, but what was this?

"Who isss with you..." Nearly a year ago the Dark Judge's senses had been numb - useless. Now, however, a significant portion of his supernatural abilities had returned to him after much labour and toil. One of them was the ability to uncover invisible or subtle disturbances; most importantly, those that thought to remain clandestine to the mortal eye. Xavier was not alone on this night, although a second physical companion was lacking...

But perhaps this was to his advantage. In one jarring cacophony of startled animal cries and spilled refuse the boy made himself known at last. Such an explosive performance earned the Dark Judge's calm, indifferent stare; though, he did find Xavier's sudden change in tactics rather... contradictory? No decent assassin would be so clumsy and arrogant as to replicate what Xavier had done. Unless... Ethereal eyes studied the boy's intricate armour for a moment, a sickly presence enveloping Xavier's personal boundaries. "That isss sssome fancy uniform you have there," the ghoul hissed. Suffice to say, the Dark Judge sounded quite entertained. "I daresssay it hasss even taken control of the sssituation." There was a slight pause as a rotten hand was placed over one of the helm's ocular slits, a cruel laugh reverberating from seemingly everywhere.

"Like your new look, too. You will have to tell me the name of your ssstylissst." And they said Judge Fear didn't have a funny bone.

Doing work for family members today. Will try to catch up on my posting queue every moment I can.
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Sat May 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Figures as much, the creep would catch that and figure out I’m here. At least I can take this crap off me now it won’t help me. Xavier groaned as he wiped most of the trash off of his body and armor. I wonder how he does it though. Probably can sense my life force or something. He continued to clean himself off but kept to the shadows.

Wait, what?! Xavier was utterly confused as his limbs began to move on their own. He had not given the command to move. They were supposed to be near his body ready to strike. What was going on? What was making his body turn against him? “Shit!” The cursed escaped his limps as h sprung from his cover by this strange force. He looked up and saw his target looking in his direction. Great, screw sneak attack. Let’s see if I can go all out now!

Xavier rushed at Fear with a dagger in hand. Whatever had moved him wanted him to fight so that’s what he was going to happen now. To answer the lawman or not? What the jell, couldn’t hurt since he knows where I am. “Sorry Fear but I was a gift from my client and I don’t give up their identities! But thanks for the compliment!”

The assassin grinned as he slashed at Fear from hip to shoulder in hopes of breaking the leather suit he wore. It was the best way to get to the guy’s rancid core. He tossed the dagger above his head and caught it with his other. Mimicking his first attack, Xavier tried to cut Fear’s suit again but from the opposite shoulder to hip. The more his suit is damaged, the easier it would be to get to his heart. That and Xavier just like X-related attacks. Of course Xavier would try to put some distance between him and the undead lawman before attacking again.

<============================================================>

Decisive Strike: -2AP
    ATTACK 1: Hip to Shoulder Slash
    ATTACK 2: Opposite Shoulder to Hip Slash -1AP

ARMOR POINTS: 20/20
    HP: 200/200
    AP: 27/30

The armor cannot be removed by Xavier and therefore will worn at all times. Due to the adamant nature of the armor and its abilities, it cannot be broken apart or destroyed unless by Prixlezub's will as it is his construct. This goes the same for removal.

Power boost is raised to 11-15 die tier with lvl 15 DP/AP/HP
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sat May 17, 2014 6:41 pm

The member 'Xavier Valiante' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack/Heal (11-15)' : 11, 2

#3 'Coin Flip' :

#4 'Attack/Heal (11-15)' : 12, 6
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat May 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Literally wrote:“Shit!”

It was this song and dance all over again, and the Dark Judge hardly budged a single muscle in the wake of Xavier's incoming onslaught. The first of the boy's attacks was an utter miss, for depth perception was more important than perhaps realized, and as for the second? Rrrriiiip! It managed to cut a modest tear in the ghoul's uniform but the damage was minimal at best; perhaps an inch or two. Had Xavier forgotten that the ghoul's broad shoulders were protected by thick, steely mantraps? Maybe he had, but that was not the undead fiend's concern. "Already thinking to run," he hissed, rotten claws gripping a shrunken head. Do you at least remember this, assassin? Let's see how well your memory serves when under extreme duress.

Pulling his arm back wide, Judge Fear kept his eyes trained upon his victim and pitched the cognizant grenade Xavier's way. "I got him, Boss! I got him!" it gleefully cried.
    BOOOOOOOOOM!

Judge Fear: The Aspect of Death

HP: 390/390
    DP: 31/40 (-9DP ; 50% reduction against melee)
    AP: 63/68 (-5AP)

Power: My Little One (3d/2c* ; incendiary device)
    Target: Xavier Valiante

Action: attempting to knock the assassin off his very feet!

* = only one coin needs to HIT for full damage. If both coins are HIT, opponent suffers damage over time - take the first damage die rolled and apply it for the rolled duration
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sat May 17, 2014 7:05 pm

The member 'Judge Fear' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (31-35)' : 28, 25, 5

#2 'Coin Flip' :

#3 'Stun/Duration' : 2
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Tue May 20, 2014 12:10 am

Damn depth perception! Unfortunately only one of Xavier’s attacks landed. It did do a bit of damage though. Not as much as he had hoped but a little is better than none. Maybe if I die, my eye will come back. A grim thought but it was hopeful at least. Xavier leapt back as he heard a familiar voice. “Not that guy again!” he groaned as he covered his face. The head exploded once again sending a shockwave right through his biometal body. His senses were messed up once again but not as bad as before. Gah! It’s turning out just like last time.

Xavier tried shaking his head but it didn’t work. He was still feeling nauseated and could barely move. The world was spinning around him like a violent vortex. His knees felt like rock and refused to budge. Great, I’m a somewhat human punching bag…again!

STUN: 1
    Decisive Strike:

ARMOR POINTS: 0/20
    HP: 162/200

The armor cannot be removed by Xavier and therefore will worn at all times. Due to the adamant nature of the armor and its abilities, it cannot be broken apart or destroyed unless by Prixlezub's will as it is his construct. This goes the same for removal.

Power boost is raised to 11-15 die tier with lvl 15 DP/AP/HP

When in use, the daggers use 1c/2d against opponents.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue May 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Ah, such a spectacular explosion. And a satisfying one, too.

How polite of Xavier to not flee at the first sign of danger this time; although, come to think, the Dark Judge did prefer a good hunt every now and then. Nevertheless, the ghoul was not about to forsake a sinner's guaranteed death in exchange for a brief moment of pleasure. "There isss no essscape, asssssasssin. Not thisss time," Judge Fear hissed. Your fate was sealed the moment you foolishly affiliated yourself with a demon. Unlike before where the Dark Judge had thought to humour Xavier's little gimmick, the undead fiend was not repelled by the boy's supposedly enchanted armour. Quite the contrary, in fact. Wretched hands were soon upon the assassin's immobilized form but not, interestingly, grasping around Xavier's supple neck. That would have been far too easy...

"Did you honessstly believe that sssomething asss mundane asss chalcedony would be able to defeat a Judge of the law?" he rasped, helm mere inches from Xavier's face. The stench of death and decay was overpowering, to the point of inducing nausea in those with weaker stomachs, as the Dark Judge willfully invaded his victim's personal space. "I am disssappointed, Xavier. You come to a fight bringing ssstonesss and ssshoddy movesss only ssseen in a badly-done foreign film. Needlessss to sssay, I had expected better." Especially from a mortal who had proclaimed themselves to be an expert in the field of assassination.

A fetid hand reached for one of the assassin's onyx daggers and used its razor-sharp edge to caress the warm, sinful flesh on Xavier's cheeks. The motion was almost loving, blood yet to be drawn. "Sss... Let usss finisssh the affair we had a while ago, ssstarting with your other eye. Perhapsss being relieved of visssion will uplift the ignorance weighing down your sssoul."

Slowly the blade was drawn upward, its curved tip dragging across the boy's skin as the ghoul rested its point besides the eye's outermost canthus. Judge Fear wasted no more energy toying with his prey and steadily pressed the dagger's edge inward, flesh and muscle effortlessly tearing.

It is time, Xavier, to hear that lovely scream of yours.

DP: 31/40
    AP: 57/68 (-6AP)

Power: The Cowardly Assassin (+1 coin to melee)

Action: ocular surgery -- if 2/3 are HIT, Xavier loses his right eye.

Update: Xavier lost his right eye.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Tue May 20, 2014 7:59 pm

The member 'Judge Fear' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (31-35)' : 27, 16, 17

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Thu May 22, 2014 1:37 am

Xavier did his best not to show any emotion as the undead lawman walked up to him. He knew he was done for this time. He had planned to go out if he had failed, to die and leave this version of him in the grave. The assassin had been granted the only thing he wanted, freedom, and he had thrown it away. What did he do? He went right back to his old career. Right back to killing people once someone put a hit on him, except this time he didn’t work for the military. He would return and be different.

The stench of Judge Fear body was overpowering. Xavier’s senses were sent off the charts as the rotting being wrapped his disgusting fingers around his neck. All the biometal man wanted to do was vomit but couldn’t. He had nothing in him. The most he could is hold back from dry heaving.

Paying no attention to lawman’s comment, Xavier put on a stone face. His torturer was just trying to get a reaction from him. Get him enraged and cocky enough to get his hopes up just to dash them away. He wouldn’t all that. Xavier knew this was the end for him. He watched as the Judge pull out his own onyx dagger. Why wasn’t it hurt him? Prixlezub had said they would be painful to all forms of undead. Had the flaming being lied to him? Why would he?

What happened next was truly terrifying. Unable to do anything, Xavier remaining eye was removed from its socket, from what I’m assuming, in the most painful way possible. He did everything he could to not make a sound. It was the most he could do, not give the Judge the benefit of his screams. He chuckled a little after his eye was removed and the pain subsided. “Too bad you are the last thing I saw before my death.” Why not have a little fun? He was doomed.

STUN: 2
    Decisive Strike:

ARMOR POINTS: 0/20
    HP: 137/200
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu May 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Yet again with the stoney-faced facade...

As satisfying as it was to have felt Xavier wince beneath his touch and writhe like a worm on the hook, that simply was not good enough. Judge Fear wrapped a fine cloth around his latest prize, the assassin's second eye, and he pocketed it without much fanfare. "My brother will thank you for your ssselflesssss contribution to the law," he hissed plainly. Who would have thought that Xavier's eyes were good luck trinkets? Can't say much of the same for the donor of course, but they had come in handy during a few skirmishes.

Xavier wrote: “Too bad you are the last thing I saw before my death.”

Now without sight and still dumb... The Dark Judge shoved his victim to the ground with one casual push and thought little about taking advantage of a blind man. So the assassin wanted something to really react to, was it? Very well, the ghoul could grant this final request. "And I certainly will not be the lassst thing you remember, either." It was left cryptically at that as Judge Fear let out a shrill whistle, its tone haunting enough to freeze one's very soul. At once the alleyway erupted with the loud baying of strays; large hounds, shaggy collies, yipping Pomeranians - dogs of every make and design awoke with a start. They came in droves, dozens upon dozens with maws hungrily snapping at the bitter night air, and they had come for flesh.  They had heard the call! They had heard the call to obey, to devour! The strays of the Outer District will not go hungry on this eve, for the master promised them a grand feast for their unwavering loyalty! An unnatural thirst for murder was in their gleaming eyes.

An unnatural thirst for Xavier.

"Sssuch a sssimple thing, a dog'sss mind..." the ghoul began, idly stroking a mangy great dane's brow. The dogs grew quiet as they let their master speak. If the assassin were capable of psychic detection, he would have seen a shimmering aura encircling the undead fiend. "All one really hasss to do isss promissse the beassst food, shelter. And a little companionssship too, if you ssso desssire. Yesss, who isss a good doggy?" The great dane barked once and happily wagged its tail, mind completely enthralled. "Yesss," Judge Fear hissed, "you are, that'sss right. And what are you going to do for your massster?"

A deep, threatening growl escaped from the dog's throat as it whipped its focus upon the enemy before it, head sinking low and the fur upon its back bristling. The rest of the ravenous pack followed suit, strays taking cue from the Dark Judge's malignant influence. "Yesss, we do not like the bad man, do we? Oh no, we do not..."

No, we do not...

Immediately the barking started again, this time much closer to the assassin. So close, in fact, that he could feel dozens of rancid, hot breaths panting over him. It won't be much longer now, friend. Your release will be soon, but first thing's first: the Dark Judge had been promised a scream. And you, Xavier, will give the undead fiend what he was owed. Pleased with the situation and his control over the starving beasts, Judge Fear gave a bone-chilling hiss before releasing the hounds of war with but one command. "It'sss dinnertime!" he shouted.

And just like that, so calmly executed and without much effort, the floodgates of Hell had become unhinged. Infected teeth aimed to rip into Xavier's flesh and bone, paws and muzzles bashing themselves against his armour. The frenzied dogs cared not if the assassin was protected by gemstone and enchantments. Fragments of broken teeth and bloodied snouts were indications that such obstacles were of little consideration, for they knew that a mouthwatering and supple treat lay within. Chihuahuas sought to ferociously nibble at Xavier's toes and fingers, while Pinschers attempted to tear at his elbows and knees. Only the biggest of the dogs, like the great dane and its pit bull companions, went directly for Xavier's exposed face. Either way... the assassin will not be getting out of this unmarred.

Judge Fear remained where he stood and observed the mauling from afar, his immortal spirit feeling nothing but pleasure. "Good doggiesss, yesss..."

DP: 31/40
    AP: 54/68 (-3AP)

Power: --

Action: release the hounds -- Judge Fear is psychically-manipulating the malnourished strays to gorge themselves upon Xavier's bio-metal body!
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar: