Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

How Does I Summon With Cancer Stick

Post by Kev on Wed May 07, 2014 12:26 am

Time: 2:15 AM
    Date: May 7, 0004

As promised, the alien had come home before ten. In fact, he'd been home by 7. Marvin definitely seemed relieved that he had come home as promised, and Kev was ready to pass out for a while. Going to work on such little sleep was a bad idea. It was terrible. But, at least he hadn't thought about what happened that morning the whole time! He might have been half conscious behind the counter, but there weren't too many customers to worry about. He'd crawled into bed and had a deep sleep with no dreams. At least, none that he remembered. Though eventually he did still wake up. Pretty early in the morning too, since it was dark outside.

Still, he felt a lot better now that he had been well rested, and his mind went to Judge Fear once more. Rifling through the drawer from earlier, he grabbed out the cigarette and got changed out of his pajamas. Perhaps by now, Judge Fear had decided on what he wanted and he could decide once and for all whether he would take Judge Fear's offer. Everything and everyone in the cottage was asleep, so Kev tread softly as he crept down the stairs and slipped out of the front door. It was late, but Judge Fear didn't need sleep, right? So, it didn't really matter what time it was.

Kev walked out into the meadow, a good distance away from the cottage. This area was pretty private, and the only ones around to listen in were sleeping animals and a robot. "Here goes..." Kev pulled out a match and struck it, lighting the tip of the cigarettes and waving it in the air to spread the smoke. < Hey Fear? Judge Fear? Its me, Kev! I'm ready to talk about...that thing. > He called out into the void. He'd never exactly summoned someone like this before, and he definitely hoped he was doing it right.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: How Does I Summon With Cancer Stick

Post by Fear on Wed May 07, 2014 1:47 am

Ask and you shall receive... wrote:< Hey Fear? Judge Fear? Its me, Kev! I'm ready to talk about...that thing. >

EEEEEEEEEEEK!

An ungodly shriek from beneath Kev's feet pierced both air and mind, the temperature drastically plummeting to a biting cold. Upon saying those fated words did Kev usher forth something ominous; a predator lurking in the abyssal depths of the soul. Acting as if it possessed a mind of its own, Kev's shadow had been the one to cry out. Down at his feet did it seem to panic, the silhouette wildly glancing around. It was too late... Nowhere can you hide, for he has heard your whisper in the void and now the toll must be paid!

Chains, heavy and thick, filled the vicinity with disembodied rattling. The sound was everywhere and it was nowhere, a faint hiss tickling the back of Kev's conscious. It was in that instant the alien's shadow rushed to clasp its throat, strangled by an invisible force. Within moments it grew limp and still, the meadow falling into a grim silence... An inky "puddle" languidly wept from an intangible heart, the earth gradually becoming saturated. Had the ritual failed?

Ah, but no. It did not fail, and soon Kev's lifeless double began to twist and writhe...

It fluidly began to assume a new shape, a larger shape, a wicked shape. Like ink poured into water, the miasma quickly spread. Petite shoulders broadened out and were encumbered by a mighty weight, Kev's shadow stretching to new, frightening heights. Rounded fingers contorted themselves into bony instruments of cruelty with pointed tips, and no longer did the alien seem to have a small, rounded head. What sat upon those heavy shoulders was the unmistakable shape of a helm, winged adornments visible at last. This was not Kev's shadow, but - LOOK OUT!

Without warning the menacing shade attacked, a ghostly chain entangling itself around the alien's neck. Although it held the consistency of smoke and could not be grasped by mortal fingers, the links themselves stung of chilled metal against warm flesh. Kev was now at the specter's mercy, powerless and immobile.

The helm's mocking grin was the last thing Kev saw as the alien was dragged into darkness, sadistic laughter echoing into the void as he plunged...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed May 07, 2014 2:13 am

The Kryptonistanian clasped both hands over his ears at the shriek, eyes darting around wildly to figure out where it was coming from. "Judge Fear?! Please let that be you..." If there was anyone out here in the meadow shrieking like a banshee, he'd rather it be Judge Fear than some mass murdering ghost. His eyes barely glanced at the ground, though for a moment they did and he blinked to see his shadow...well, move around like that. He kept his body still and sure enough, the shadow kept moving! Fear could do...something with shadows, right?

He could hear chains, but he couldn't see anything with chains jingle-jangling around. The hissing drew a shiver and the alien turned about in a circle, trying in vain to see the Judge. "This was a bad idea, a very bad idea!" The movements of his own shadow were beginning to scare him, it felt at its throat as if it were being strangled. Kev's hands went to his own throat, relieved not to find a chain but still...confused. All at once, everything was still and quiet, and he wondered if the ghoul had given up. Maybe he had other business to attend to?

The alien gasped in surprise though, when his shadow took on a new shape. It morphed into a much larger, taller figure. One with a helm. Judge Fear! He was glad to know for sure what was doing all of this, but the circumstances around this...ritual put him on edge. Suddenly, a chain from the shadow wrapped itself around his narrow neck and he gasped, arms flailing. Fingers pulling blindly to grab the chain and rip it off, and finding nothing to grab but his own clothes. "I-I'm not ready to die!" He managed, even as everything began to turn black and laughter was all he heard as an answer. He wasn't entirely sure what he was expecting from the Judge...but it certainly wasn't this.

---

Kev gasped loudly and sat up in his bed, body quivering with leftover panic as both hands went for his neck. There was nothing there, though, nothing but his cape. His eyes darted around the room wildly, before he finally let out a sound of relief and leaned back into his bed. "It was...just a dream! Of course! Ha! And here I thought I'd made a huuuge mistake~!" What a relief! Though, he could hear something downstairs. Music? "Marvin?" He called out, curious. Why was Marvin listening to music? What time was it anyway?

Kev swung his legs over the side of the bed and carried himself to the window, though he blinked in slight surprise at what he saw. No stars. No moon. No sun. Not even a horizon or a hint of anything beyond the window, other than darkness. Uneasiness crept up, though he chuckled to himself to wave it off. "Its just...super dark tonight, is all. Must be one of those nights where there's no moon in the sky! That's a thing!" Of course it was! Though he'd feel a lot better about this strange music playing and really dark atmosphere outside if he got some water. Water sounded great right now.

The steps creaked slightly as the alien walked down them. Strange, usually the dogs and Shally would be swarming him. In fact, usually they'd be asleep in his room, but they were nowhere to be seen. He continued past the living room and to the kitchen, where the music seemed to be coming from as well. "Marvin?" He peeked his head into the kitchen.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed May 07, 2014 4:10 am

Whatever was the matter, Kev? You were home, you were safe! Although if you really believed that...

Someone was indeed in the house but it wasn't Marvin, and there was an odd trace of cigarette smoke. In fact, Marvin was nowhere to be seen! And neither were the dogs, the sheep, the llama, the sun... Actually, there wasn't very much aside from Kev and - "Hmm, hm, hmm~!"

A pair of rotten, sickly-green feet could be seen beneath the long hem of a cape, the kitchen currently occupied. Guess who, Kev? That's right, it was your - "Friend! I sssee you are awake. How wasss the sssleep?" Puffing on a smoke and somehow inside Kev's house, Judge Fear about-faced to greet a bewildered little green alien. The monstrous ghoul was almost too tall for the ceiling! "Thirsssty?" the Dark Judge inquired, directing attention to the tea tray in his decrepit hands. Never mind that Judge Fear was mysteriously wearing an apron, and one that cheekily read: Kiss the Dark Judge. Where did he get that? "I made you sssome tea and the good kind. Careful, it'sss hot. Wouldn't want to burn your face off," hissed the ghoul. He then pretended as if he were going to practically throw a cup of hot tea directly into Kev's face, only to catch himself at the last possible second. "Jussst kidding! I would rather you perisssh from sssomething elssse; preferably sssomething terrifying." What a peach.

There was, just as he said, a single porcelain cup filled nearly to its gold brim with the piping-hot beverage; as well as a small jar of honey, fresh lemon slices, a few cubes of sugar, and... napkins? Yes, napkins. Like with the apron, where did he get all this?

Heading off to Kev's living room and setting the tray down, Judge Fear gestured for the alien to have a seat. He, meanwhile, was certainly going to! The ghoul paused before an armchair and fanned a hand from his chest to his feet, the apron disappearing more and more with every wave. Twinkling particles, like miniature stars or dust, hovered around his hand's movements before steadily fading into nothingness. "There we are," Judge Fear said, finally taking his seat. My, he looked rather... cramped in it. Not like he dreadfully minded, of course. Crossing one of his long, deathly-thin legs, the Dark Judge casually resumed. "You have a nice place," he commented. "Ssso open, ssso... cozy. It isss unfortunate that I have counted over 118 violationsss during my ssstay here; which, mind you, only add to your death sssentence." Sinners have to sin, he supposed.

"Anyway, on to more practical mattersss." Judge Fear leaned back into his seat and let both hands dangle from its armrests, gaze fixated on the meek alien. "You called and I have anssswered. I assssume you wisssh for additional dissscourssse on what we ssspoke about yesssterday?" At least he seemed to be enjoying the smoke currently jammed into his helm's grill.

Well, Kev? Are you going to sit and drink your tea? It'd be awfully rude if you didn't...

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed May 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Kev sniffed the air and crinkled it instantly. Cigarettes? He didn't smoke! He sort of couldn't! So why...his body stiffened slightly at the possibility, and when he stuck his head in the kitchen, he got his answer. For listening to music in the kitchen wasn't Marvin, but Judge Fear. In an...apron? "Sleep? Sleep was uh...it was...uh...good. Good, it was...good." He was at a lost for words, trying to riddle this out. What exactly was a dream, and was not a dream? "Wait, does this mean you strangled me with your chain til I was unconscious?! Then brought me in here and...put me in my bed...?" Kev liked to think he had a good collection of experiences in his 'resume', but even this was a new one for him. And he really got around!

He nodded, feeling very thirsty actually, and looked at the tray in the ghoul's hands. "I like tea..." It was like Judge Fear had been waiting for him to wake up. But who strangles someone then gives them tea? These were some mixed vibes, though considering the Judge wanted to save people by killing them...guess mixed messages were a package deal. At the feigned almost spillage, Kev brought his arms up to protect his face and yelped. He peeked through his arms and let out a brief sigh, letting his arms fall to his side. "Funny..." He looked the tray over instead, pleasantly surprised that the tea was really tea. With real tea stuff like sugar and lemons too! Instead of, you know, something gross like worms and decaying stuff.

He followed behind the Judge, taking a seat on the couch as directed and pulling the tray closer so he could fan the hot tea. Though his little move with the apron caught his eyes. "Oh, um, thanks! I used to live in a church, so its definitely comfy." The church was fine, but it wasn't exactly roomy. "Wait...118?" His head tilted to the side. "Where?! Can I fix it?!" If the place was about to collapse in on itself, he wanted to know!

The subject suddenly changed, and it seemed to solidify that this wasn't some dream. "Right..." He squeezed some lemon into his tea and stirred some sugar into it. He pulled a glove off before scooping his tea up, dipping his fingers into the tea and absorbing the contents. "You know, this is pretty good! But, um, yes. Additional...discourse. Have you thought about what you want in return?"

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed May 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Look at this poor chump, wondering if everything was a dream.

"And you claim to be a telepath...?" Well! They certainly lowered the standards since the Dark Judge had graduated. How long has that been, again? At Kev's little... insinuation, Judge Fear firmly shook his helm and held out both hands. "One ssstep at a time, one ssstep at a time," he hastily requested. It was no wonder his brother was poking fun the other day. "You are getting my intentionsss all confusssed." Which, really, wasn't all that hard to do with the scaly bugger... "I did not ssstrangle you and I absssolutely did not carry you to bed," clarified the ghoul. Blimey, Kev. Way to assume that you and the Dark Judge had anything other than what they had right now. And way to assume that he would ruin such a lovely pot of tea, too! Worms and decaying stuff... That was something Mortis would do, not him!

But the ghoul was willing to overlook such inferences for the sake of business. Temporarily, mind you. He still very much wanted to stop Kev's beating heart with but one glare. "It isss admirable you wisssh to fix your quaint cottage, but I am afraid that your sssituation isss..." Cue the dramatic pause. "...terminal."

And of course this wasn't a dream, you green, philandering - !

"Let me explain sssomething to you before anything elssse isss sssaid," Judge Fear audibly sighed. Might as well, because Kev would no doubt interpret the ghoul's words as a proposition of love. Ick! "Thisss isss not a dream and I am not being imagined. We are currently within your head, Kev. More ssspecifically, the part of your conssscioussss that you return to for sssafety; hence the cottage." There! No way could the alien mistake those words as something else, but the compliment regarding the tea was much appreciated. "Thank you," the Dark Judge hissed, cognizant of his manners.

Still can't believe you're a telepath... wrote:"Additional...discourse. Have you thought about what you want in return?"

Right, right.

Judge Fear took a long drag of his smoke and exhaled, more out of memory than actually needing to. Never mind that he couldn't smell or taste the tobacco. "Yesss, I have. And I think you ssshall like what I have to sssay." Oh yes you will, because he said so. Now, without further ado... "Sssomeone needsss to die - sssomeone who hasss walked thisss cursssed earth long enough. I've met him only once and I can sssay wholeheartedly that I am weary of hisss insssolent presssence." Wispy tendrils of smoke curling forth from his helm, the Dark Judge might as well have been smiling as he hissed the next sentence.

"Daemeon. It isss Daemeon who mussst die. And you, Kev, will help me do it." If you want to get even with those who wronged you in the past and earn a lick of respect, you'll do it.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed May 07, 2014 9:36 pm

Claim to--what?! "I don't claim to be a telepath, I am a telepath! These words you are hearing are telepathy! And I'm not like you Fear, I don't go sailing into people's heads and consciousness at random! I'm, you know, polite!" The alien crossed his arms now, huffing to himself. He was insulted. Harumph! "Of course I'm getting your intentions all confused! I lit the cigarette and called to you and there was shrieking and my shadow came to life and turned into you and I got strangled and then I wake up in my bed! A warning would have been nice!"

He waited to hear an answer as to what exactly was going on, merely giving a scoff when the Judge insisted that whatever was wrong with his cottage was too terminal to fix. "Guess I'll die in my house then, I don't mind. So long as the animals can crawl their way out." 118 violations...was the cottage even big enough to have that many violations?

Judge Fear decided to finally elaborate, and Kev's arms uncrossed themselves to dangle by his sides instead, a perplexed look upon his face. "We're in my head?!" His head looked like the cottage? Apparently because he found it to be safe... "Oh, oh, does this mean I can summon things at will? Can I change the reality in here? Ooh, ooh, could I change my clothes like you did?" He'd never been in a consciousness like this before, let alone his own! Though of course the conversation turned back to business. Someone had to die, huh? Can't say he was too surprised to hear that. He crossed his arms again, ready to hear who it was. If it was someone he liked, he'd refuse immediately! And warn them that they were targeted too! Who was this poor fool? This innocent soul being sent to slaughter?

Judge Fear wrote:"Daemeon. It isss Daemeon who mussst die. And you, Kev, will help me do it."

His eyes widened and he stared at the Judge. "Daemeon? Daemeon? Really?! That-that's all you need? I help you to kill him and...that's all you need as payment for helping me? Are you--I mean, that's it? No hidden thingies, no...no surprises? All I have to do is help you kill that idiot?" It was too good to be true. Most deals with the proverbial devil were pretty bleak. If all he had to do was help get Daemeon, handsy touchy flirty Daemeon who was a monster, killed? "How are we gonna do it?"

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed May 07, 2014 10:50 pm

Now it was the Dark Judge's turn to become indignant. A loud, awful snarl echoed from that sinister helm as the ghoul accusingly pointed a sharp fingernail at Kev. "I beg your bloody pardon? What do you mean, sssailing into people's headsss and consssciousssnessssss at random? It isss not my fault that they are unguarded, riddled with sssin and wretchednessss! And if you are a telepath to be taken ssseriousssly, then I am a rookie Ssstreet Judge who doesssn't know hisss penal codesss from hisss lunch menu!" And a warning, really!? Why did the alien need a blasted - "Kev, you dolt. We are in your head; the real you isss no doubt face-firssst in the dirt, passssed out beneath the ssstarsss. Honessstly, haven't you ever traipsssed into another mind before?" Tiptoeing through the alien's mind was like walking through a knee-high quagmire.

Oh yeah? wrote:"Guess I'll die in my house then, I don't mind. So long as the animals can crawl their way out."

"It would be nice if they decided to feassst upon your lifelessss corpssse inssstead," the Dark Judge grumbled. And now the alien figured everything out, but if Judge Fear thought they could finally get somewhere...

Another unpleasant growl came out of Kev's undead company, but he did scape up enough decency to humour the alien. "Yesss, yesss," Judge Fear replied with an aggravated sigh. And the recipient of the Most Patient award goes to... "Thisss isss your mind, Kev. You can do many thingsss within it ssso long asss you are disssciplined." And that is when the Dark Judge's thoughts went to all sorts of interesting places; mainly the fact that Kev really could do just about anything in here. Quickly the undead fiend spoke up to cover his own dignity. "...Try not to make me regret communicating with you like thisss." This was the easiest method and one that didn't require any travel time. It was also one that didn't require the Dark Judge to physically be in the alien's coquettish presence. Ugh, save all that for the Sanctuary...

"Are you sssurprisssed?" How curious! It seemed Kev hadn't expected the Dark Judge's asking price.

The alien's shock effortlessly cast aside, Judge Fear guided their discussion to something that he could tolerate: death. "No ssstringsss, no Devil in the detailsss, no hoodwinking," he smoothly reaffirmed. The Dark Judge dabbled in purging the wicked, not clandestine schemes to subjugate lands or hearts. "You assssissst me in killing the sssimpleton and I will repay the favour in kind. A sssoul for a sssoul, asss it were." And as for how? This is where it became interesting...

Chuckling, the ghoul turned to Kev and hissed, "I leave the honoursss up to you. For thisss particular sssinner you ssshall be the presssiding Judge, jury, and executioner. My brother and I, whom will be joining usss, will be more than happy to sssupport your impartial judgement."

This was your first step into assuming a more assertive demeanour, and what better way to begin than by coming up with the details of a person's death?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed May 07, 2014 11:22 pm

"My people only go into other people's heads if its an emergency or if they have permission! With a whole planet of aliens who are telepathic, you kind of need those sort of rules or else everyone's gonna root around in each other's heads and hurt each other and all sorts of things!" Indignation was all over the place in the little living room. He let out a small sigh that quickly became a snort. "I've been in other minds but my method of 'transport' doesn't involve shadows and asphyxiation! And...am I really face first on the dirt? Tulsit...if I knew I was gonna pass out I would have just summoned you on the couch or something. Somewhere comfy." He better not wake up with dirt in his nose.

He sent the Judge a glare and decided not to even mention that he would likely dissolve into code anyway. Besides, his animals wouldn't eat him up! Right? ...Right?! "Hnngh." Judge Fear's patience seemed to be running low, if that growl was any indication. Though he did answer, and what an answer that was! He could do many things, huh? He chuckled and waved a hand at the Judge dismissively. "Its tempting, but this is a business call. I'll save the silly mind shenanigans for when you come over to my head for some sorta...not...business...thing." Such a poet.

"A little, yeah. I didn't realize you disliked him so much." Kev disliked him but that was pretty obvious. "Hmm...and by that you mean Ridley, right? The repaying the favor thing, that is." He had been the one they'd discussed most when it came to people who would be better off dead, after all. And Kev wanted to make sure he had all of his ducks in a row. "Me? Are you sure? I mean...this'll be a little challenging, he can project a hologram. If I lure him somewhere for you and Mortis, there's a possibility that he'll dissolve away and you can't blame me for it." He soon turned contemplative, thinking. "Maybe it'd be a good idea to find his lair? And we both know that he has a certain...thing for me so using that against him is a definite thing we ought to do."

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu May 08, 2014 1:51 am

"Rulesss are pointlesss for the wicked," the Dark Judge openly disagreed. If he and his brothers had respected the so-called privacy of disingenuous mortals, they would have never prevented all the crimes that they had! "And sssinnersss do not need permissssion to break the law. That isss why we, the Judgesss, mussst inssspect the mindsss of othersss freely to make the world a better and sssafer place!" Arguing with Kev was like arguing with a brick wall of stupid, although there was one thing above all else that set off the ghoul's temper. "FOR THE LASSST TIME, YOU WERE NOT ASSSPHYXIATED. IF I HAD WANTED TO SSSTRANGLE YOU, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN TO THE DEATH!" Judge Fear furiously shouted. His reverberating voice shook the very foundations of this cottage and bits and pieces of wriggling horrors tried to force open the grill of his helm. Fleshy appendages, hooked mandibles, eye stalks; it was a great mess, but the ghoul managed to quell the festering terrors by slamming a fist upon those rebellious gates.

Close. Oh so very close to purging the green alien right then and there, leaving his body nothing more than an oozing vegetable in the meadow. You ever wonder what it was like to have a body with no soul, Kev? Yes? No? Then don't push your luck. Glare all you like, but don't push it.

...And the alien was soliciting the Dark Judge for another mental visitation, wasn't he?

"Passss." Fastest objection in Judge Fear's entire career. At least the alien was back on task, however, and that was tolerable - for now. Who knows when Kev was going to yet again provoke the poor ghoul's ire. "Oh, I do not dissslike him. I sssimply find Daemeon a worthlessss piece of ssspace that kindly needsss sssome freeing up. The feeling isss mutual, I asssure you." Judge Fear simply nodded when the alien mentioned Ridley's name, indicating that he was, indeed, referring to the space dragon as Kev's favour. "Yesss, you. I am not your attack dog, remember? If you wisssh to get even with othersss and ultimately ssshow the world that you have a ssspine in that noodle body of yoursss, you will have to get down on your kneesss and do the dirty work yourssself." For the lack of a better term, you see. "And fret not about the hologram. My brother and I are not ssso easssily fooled by mere tricksss of the eyesss. Ssshould we find thisss doppelganger, we will not reveal our handsss." Even though both Judge Fear and Judge Mortis may not be the best when it comes to subtle affairs, they weren't blundering idiots when it came to pursuits.

A novel idea! wrote:"Maybe it'd be a good idea to find his lair? And we both know that he has a certain...thing for me so using that against him is a definite thing we ought to do."

The Dark Judge snapped his bony fingers and hissed, "Now you're usssing that noggin, Kev." If you can't find the beast out in the wild, simply locate its lair and prepare. After all, it had to return at some point or other. Now all they needed was - "Bait," the ghoul spoke up. "We require sssomething juicy for Daemeon to sssink hisss teeth into, yesss? I propossse either yourssself or hisss dear cousssin."

Using the cousin would be a nice touch, Judge Fear internally opined.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu May 08, 2014 2:19 am

Eh...he could overlook the murdering, but peeking into people's minds...didn't sit well with him. Though that was something of a cultural value/standard...thing. It felt horribly invasive to do it, and Judge Fear had no such qualms! It sent a bad chill down his spine, though the ghoul's outburst definitely did more than that. The alien yelped and pushed himself against the couch, grabbing a couch pillow as a shield. "I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry, its just, the last thing I remember is a chain around my neck! I've never done anything like this before!" He glanced at the wriggling horrors for only a moment before moving the pillow so it covered his face. Alright, alright, there's something to remember about this...partnership/mentorship/whatever this was considered. Be mindful of his temper! Why the heck did he ALWAYS get the ones with a temper...

Thankfully the Judge calmed down, and no tentacle monsters wriggled their way over to Kev so he took that as a sign that it was safe. He moved the pillow down and placed it on the couch, smoothing it out with his hands. "I think Daemeon gets that reaction a lot. I haven't met a single person around who likes him." Though Alexander may count. The poor guy thought that because he was family, he was someone worth caring about. The nod was noted and met with a nod. A ghetto one. "Of course not. That'd imply I have some sort of control over you, which, I obviously do not." He chuckled a bit, though it was an awkward one. When it came to power, authority and...well, ability to kill, Judge Fear was the one holding the cards here. Kev was merely a charity case and a means to an end. He couldn't make the Judge do anything he didn't want to do.

"Oh, well...I'm not sure I want to show the world I have a spine...I don't think the world is ready for it. Maybe I could just show that I have a spine to...the evil jerk people like Ridley? M-maybe?" The idea of telling anyone else about what he had going on with Judge Fear honestly made his heart stop and speed up at the same time. Livewire was nervous when she saw Kev blow up at Daxter, and Aicara had been very upset when she learned Kev had killed Jak, even if that was for his own good. What would Jo think of this? Or Nym? He was a father and a friend, he had responsibilities, he really shouldn't be getting into this! ...But he had to. He was making the world a better place by getting rid of people like Daemeon and Ridley. They'd approve of that, right? He shoved the thought aside, quelling his anxieties, and listened instead.

"You can? That's good, very useful." So there it was then! When he found Daemeon, they would do whatever and see that it might be a hologram, then they try again. Easy peezy lemon squeezy! Oh hey, a compliment! He beamed, as much as any creature with no mouth can beam. "Myself should be easy bait...Alexander, I'm not so sure about. He's been a little...weird, lately. Violent, foul, kinda coarse. He might give us away, or be a huge problem. Or anger you and your brother enough to be killed before he can be bait, he's kinda aggravating when he does...whatever it is. Its really, really weird."

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu May 08, 2014 4:06 am

Usually the Dark Judge's temper was fairly level; you could even say that he composed the group's ominous and silent backbone. As one who preferred clinging to the shadows and observing things from afar, it was reasonably understandable that Portal Breach had turned Judge Fear's perspective on life, death, and unlife completely inside-out. Besides, the ghoul also worked constantly around the clock without breaks and gratitude from those he helped serve. So throw him a bone, will you? Sacrificing your humanity to be an eternal Judge of the law was a real shitty job. "It wasssn't a real chain," the Dark Judge felt compelled to explain. There was also Kev he had to deal with, which didn't exactly make for a stress-free interaction...

In any event, the ghoul was quietly satisfied with Kev's spike in anxiety and decidedly let things be. "All the more reassson to purge him," was Judge Fear's cool logic. Why let the fool continue to be a blight upon others? Why not just kindly whisk him off into the next life and let him be someone else's problem there? And... And what kind of a nod was that?

"..." The longer Judge Fear lingered in Kev's mind, the more he suffered from the stupid. But wait, there's more.

Telepathicus Stupidus wrote:"Oh, well...I'm not sure I want to show the world I have a spine...I don't think the world is ready for it. Maybe I could just show that I have a spine to...the evil jerk people like Ridley? M-maybe?"

Exhibit Stupid #1 wrote:"Oh, well...I'm not sure I want to show the world I have a spine...I don't think the world is ready for it."

Exhibit Stupid #2 wrote:"I don't think the world is ready for it."

You hear that? The entire world was not ready for Kev's budding manliness.
    What a sad state of affairs this was! So sad that even a Dark Judge of the law had to shake his own helm-covered head. "...Why do you exissst?" No, seriously. Why? It was almost as if Kev was created to be at the bottom of the totem pole forever. Maybe the ghoul should go back on his word and purge the alien. It'd be an act of mercy at this rate, especially if Kev only wanted to flex his itty-bitty muscles for a few individuals. The Dark Judge leaned a tad to the side and rested his helm into an awaiting palm, incoherently mumbling about how bloody difficult it was to actually do his job here. "Sssure, why not," Judge Fear eventually relented. He did not, of course, sound very enthused...

Oh grud, the alien was feeding upon Judge Fear's previous compliment like some emaciated parasite...

"Very well. We ssshall ussse you asss bait." Wouldn't it be just grand if Kev somehow died in the process? It wouldn't be very fulfilling in the long-term, as Judge Fear did have plans, but oh... it'd be the most cathartic thing to happen since temporarily ridding Portal Breach of Mar.

Feeling more weary than he had in decades, the Dark Judge picked his gaze back up and sagged in the armchair. Right, time to imitate his best impression of a disinterested and very sullen corpse. Kev, you drive this poor ghoul to the ground with your stupid wibbling eyes and your stupid mouth-lacking glee. By all that was unliving, you were just... "Ssstupid," Judge Fear apathetically remarked. Stupid and letting his tea grow cold. With another long and hard puff, the Dark Judge filled these rotten lungs with as much carcinogens as he could before pointing to Kev's drink.

"Finisssh your tea." And hopefully choke on it.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu May 08, 2014 3:18 pm

Well...guess it not being a real chain would explain why it looked all shadowy and couldn't even be grabbed. "Oh...well...no harm no foul I suppose." Though he still didn't like the idea of his unconscious body laying out in the dirt. There was nothing to do about that now though, they were in his head. Couldn't exactly move it from out here. He nodded again, though this nod wasn't as ghetto. "Yep! Jak might have had people who cared about him, but Daemeon and Ridley do not. Well...well Daemeon has those...'children' of his..." He quickly shrugged that away. "They'll be better off without him."

Judge Fear wrote:"...Why do you exissst?"

Well that was an odd question! The alien tilted his head in genuine confusion. "I don't know, because my parents mated and created me? And because I have a lot of lives in this place apparently, otherwise we wouldn't even be talking." He winced slightly as the ghoul seemed...well...disappointed. But why did he even feel bad about that? The Judge didn't think much of him, just went about showing him how Jak died, and looked into his mind like he were a crystal ball. Why should he feel bad about wanting their little operation to stay secret? Probably because the Judge was being pretty generous in even doing this.

"I'm sorry. I've just...never done anything like this before. Its my first time and I'm a little nervous. My friends don't want me to screw up and hurt myself, and they likely wouldn't approve of me making deals with you like this. But...we're doing this in the first place to get me some respect and you can't get respect by killing people in the shadows...so...maybe after or during Ridley we can show the world I have a spine? How's that sound?" He leaned forward, hands on his knees as he spoke to the Judge and hoped he'd like that a bit more. It was also decided that he would be the bait! "Alright! It was a good idea to use Alexander, and if he were himself I'd say sure, he's just really unpredictable right now. So I'll be the bait and either try to get him to take me to his place, or if he says no, try to lure him somewhere outside the city...like the forest! I'll call you and your brother, you show up and deduce if its him, then kill him, he dies. We all live happily ever after!" Wow, plotting a murder was easier than he thought.

Ouch wrote:"Ssstupid,"

He gave the Judge a bewildered look that soon melted into a slightly hurt look. He'd get angry, except he already saw how that worked out. "I'm not stupid...I'm sort of...average." He mumbled, scooping up the tea cup and placing his fingers inside the cup again to absorb the tea. At least it was cooler now! "Do you want anything or are you fine with...smoke?"

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri May 09, 2014 5:36 am

If you MUST know... wrote:"Do you want anything or are you fine with...smoke?"

"Your demissse," was the Dark Judge's cheeky, not-at-all subtle answer. "But sssince that cannot be arranged at thisss time, I require little elssse." Such were the flaunted advantages and concealed disadvantage of undeath, leaving Judge Fear marooned betwixt worlds. And... this one too, he was hesitant to suppose. Such an odd world, Kev's mind. Such an unassuming one, as well. Although...

Behind a hazy curtain of smoke did the ghoul's otherworldly eyes continue to glow, their shapes well-defined and piercing. Kev, Kev, Kev... What a conundrum - a paradox of the mind and soul. You don't seem to realize how fascinating you are...

---------
    "I'm afraid of a lot of things...Fear, I don't think this is my calling. I'm not strong enough to kill people. I can barely watch you do it!"

If he heard his patronizing voice it might just drive him to kill him faster, and there's no fun in that. As mentioned before, he wanted Gaara to suffer.

"But I killed him myself once and I couldn't take any joy in it. And seeing it just now with you...I-I'm not a killer, Judge Fear. I can't do it."

Gaara's screams of defiance were changed into screams of pain and Kev relished in it.

"I... I hate him and Daxter. I hate them both a lot. But if I want them purged, its not because of that."

He never really took too much pride in beating up opponents, but here? He wished to see more blood. He wanted to see more pain in the face of this boy. He wanted him to cringe and suffer. He wanted him to bed for mercy.

"It can't be me, Fear. Even if I did prepare, he's too strong. And it'll be a miracle that I kill him once, let alone however many it takes to end him!"

He was supposed to have Gaara at his mercy, on the ground, begging for mercy and getting none. "I'm...not...going...to die. I'M NOT GOING TO DIE!" He pushed himself up and leered at Gaara, breathing heavily. "I REFUSE TO DIE BY YOUR HAND! I REFUSE IT! YOU AREN'T GOING TO KILL ME, YOU INSIGNIFICANT LITTLE SPAWN OF THE SAND!" His words seemed to echo a bit and he laughed. "I'm stronger than you...stronger...you're wasting all your energy...you don't have much. I have energy to SPARE!"

"I don't want other people to have to go after the real monsters. I want to take them down myself. But...if I let myself become what I'm fighting, what am I?"

"But that doESn'T MatTEr DoES It? beCAusE i'M Not aS dUMb as yOu thINk I AM!" And just like that, in mid sentence, he was like he was when he was on top of that Elite. Only his attention was all on Bun-Bun this time. "I KNow yOu'vE beEN LYIng tO Me. thERe iS No CURe! YoU WeRE USIng thAT CUre tO MAke uS DO WhaT You waNT!" He began to advance on the rabbit. "I CAN't trUST YOU. I can'T TRUst anY OF yoU!" He gestured at the unresponsive Bobcat. "HE's goT A BRAin liKE HOLey cheESE! anD YOu! You'RE NOthING bUT A COnnivINg, maNIPULatIng rAT!" He lifted an arm and struck at Bun-Bun, hoping to claw and tear that marshmallow body. "I doN'T nEeD yOU! I dON't neeD ANY of yoU! tHE ONLy pERSon i caN TRUst is mYSELf!" Screw that hard pit of guilt in his gut! He wasn't going to stay with these two numb-skulls anymore! He didn't need them! He didn't need anyone! All he needed was himself and that delicious Phazon!

With a rage-filled yell, he grabbed the bunny by his shoulders and tossed him into the wall on the other side of the alley. "TELL ME I'M WEAK NOW!" You can't manipulate him now! "I wAS ALwaYs yOUr aLLY, yoUR liTTLe idIOt! FOlloWIng yOU blINDly! TELlinG MYselF ThaT it WAS okAY beCAUse iN YOur oWN waY, yOu cARe! But tHE trUth is thAT nOOnE cAreS...esPECIallY YOu! THATS WHY EVERYONE ABANDONED ME! IT WASN'T MY FAULT!"

"NoOne Can dO ANythINg aBOuT mY POWerS. I'm sTRoNger THaN YOu aLL. I'Ve alWAyS BEEn sTrONgER. ThIS pLAce coULD HaVE beEN MiNe tO OWn, bUT I wAS toO wEAk tO UsE my pOWeRs fOr mY OWn gAiN. We cAN cHAnGe tHat nOW cAn'T wE?"

---------
    Mm, yes... Yes, you had potential. More potential than you'll ever know.

Smoke twisted and undulated into the shape of people, vague silhouettes from Kev's disheartening past. Judge Fear blew them to the alien in one, lengthy exhale and found it time to speak. "I think more of you than sssome othersss," he hissed, having already picked Kev's thoughts. Such feelings of despair and little self-worth proved delectable within their own right, but the ghoul was not interested with them for now. This was not the sinner he had hoped to purge, after all. "After the ssspace dragon we can ssshow the world that you have a ssspine, yesss. We will not all be living happily ever after, however." The Dark Judge had to draw a line somewhere in all this. And no, Kev was not... well, he was slightly naive yes. Plenty average, too. Maybe stupid had been a poor alternative.

"You mentioned Daemeon having children," Judge Fear pointed out, steering the dialogue. "I wisssh to know more about them. The memoriesss sssurrounding thisss information isss not yet clear to me." No doubt Portal Breach's doing.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri May 09, 2014 3:57 pm

Judge Fear's answer earned him a flat look. His demise? Really? "Well, hopefully the demise of Daemeon and Ridley can tide you over." He focused on finishing the tea instead, making a note to himself to use lemon more in his tea. It was better than expected! He'd never thought to use lemons since they were so darn sour but it seemed it mixed well with tea! Kev swished his cup as the contents began to get low, looking at the ghoul instead, though he sort of wished he wasn't looking at him. He had that feeling again, like he was being observed down to the itty bitty bits of his cranium. He crossed his legs awkwardly and let his eyes wander around the room, even as they kept going back to the Judge.

After a few moments of silence, the Judge huffed out a big trail of smoke, smoke that took some rather familiar forms. His eyes raised up ever so slightly, and he waved the smoke away with one hand. "You do? Really?" That was...sort of interesting. A little uplifting too, since that meant he did think he was more than an idiot. "Thanks! I think you're interesting. Not the most...sensitive, but very, very interesting." You were quite the fascinating person yourself, Judge Fear.

After Ridley it was! And the Judge affirmed that not everyone would be living happily ever after. Especially since the Judge would have rather had everyone...dead ever after? Er, not alive is the point. "Eh, that's fine. At the very least, we're gonna make this place better!" The conversation took a turn, and Kev blinked, though perhaps he ought to explain. "Well, he calls them children but really they're...snakes. At least two of them, and pretty big. I'm not sure if they're really snakes or just...something he hatched up or created, he seems to do that a lot. They're usually hiding in his clothes, only coming out when he wants to intimidate people. There is one other 'kid', but Daemeon's a deadbeat father." He paused for a moment to let that sink in. "He created this living snowball...thing, named Snowbert, and Snowbert kinda latched onto me as his 'mommy'. Daemeon sort of got bored with him so Snowbert lives in my freezer."

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:01 pm